Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Scrub for twenty seconds, Doc -- anywhere.

Going back to earlier in the week to the Rescue from Maison Blechh,  I actually liked Brady's scene with Marlena. I believed him, in a way I find I don't usually, when he told Marlena that she was really his mom, and that she never made him like anything but her son. That was ... nice. (It seems a little long in coming, though.) Eric Martsolf's eyes were shining, and he seemed emotionally present in the scene. It was ... nice. Also, Marlena's gentle response about taking it one day at a time regarding the supposed reform of Bonehead Black's favourite rageball nutcase nurse-slaughtering priest-defiler proves that Marlena is, in fact, a genuinely kind person.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Man oh man, but what exactly is the point of Lani and Eli's continued existence?  They are beyond boring and now that they don't have Gabi around to blame their problems on, what are they going to do?   I guess Gabi's redemption is starting and she looks gorgeous while being apologetic to Eli.  And I love how Eli is decidedly unhappy with continuing to live in JJ's apartment while Lani is perfectly happy to live off his kindness--what a prize she is.

They're token black characters these past few months are the best this is going to get for them story/airtime wise.

I'm just glad JJ is no longer involved in this mess...

17 hours ago, tribeca said:

Eric “ if Daniel wants to marry the mother of one of kids tell him to go marry Chloe “ 😂

you guys really believe Eli and Sheila lived in a one bedroom and never had any adult fun ?

I guess this show forgot about Carly(and in this case I'm glad as I hated the Carly/Melanie twist)

Yes I believe Eli/Sheila didn't have any adult fun. Not every straight male/female wants to bang plus they didn't have any chemistry for me to think that could happen. Had Sheila/Brandon lived together I would've felt differently.

Instead of teasing Abe/Sheila they should've brought Brandon back that would've bothered Abe and Lani.

• Love 1
(edited)
3 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Well Eli believed the baby was his.  There’s only one way for that to happen 😉

Unless Dr. Rolfe did a different kind of implant....

Edited by boes
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Poor Dr. Rolf, so worried about Steveano's health--he really is a loyal henchman 🙂

I hated John for deceiving him in such a manner.  I know that Dr Rolf is far from an innocent victim in all of this but it made me hope that Rolf has some more tricks up his sleeve.  

It took me this long to finally realize that Dr Raynor was Vicky Spaulding from Springfield, USA in a former life.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

They're token black characters these past few months are the best this is going to get for them story/airtime wise.

I'm just glad JJ is no longer involved in this mess...

Yes, indeed!  JJ as a character always deserved better writing/stories than what he was given. The closest he came to any meaningful story was the hash "Black Lives Matter" plot when he shot Theo.

I guess this show forgot about Carly(and in this case I'm glad as I hated the Carly/Melanie twist)

Yes I believe Eli/Sheila didn't have any adult fun. Not every straight male/female wants to bang plus they didn't have any chemistry for me to think that could happen. Had Sheila/Brandon lived together I would've felt differently.

Instead of teasing Abe/Sheila they should've brought Brandon back that would've bothered Abe and Lani.

Don't @ me, but I shipped Carly & Lawrence sooooo hard.  The chemistry between the two was SMOKING hot! [It wasn't until both characters were off the show that I found out the actors were married IRL, so happy, happy me!  🙂    Anyhoo, I hated that when Carly returned, the story was that Lawrence was an abusive psycho so a) Carly stabbed him to death; and b) cheated on him with Daniel at some medical conference, which resulted in Melanie.  GTFOH!!! I was so damn disappointed with Carly's return that I barely watched DOOL because I hated to see what they did to the character.

P.S. I'll never believe Lawrence would ever do physical harm to his Katerina...

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

Don't @ me, but I shipped Carly & Lawrence sooooo hard.

You're not alone.  We have talked about them in the unpopular opinions thread--and even the past thread, I believe. Worth reading if you have the time.

In fact, here is my post on the subject about a year ago.

• Love 3

Man oh man, that whole storyline was scary because it felt so real. If memory recalls, the actress who played Rose went on to play Sally Spectra on the Bold and the Beautiful.

Yes Darlene Conley played both Rose de Ville and Sally Spectra. My brother married her niece and she came to the wedding. My sister and I were very excited to meet the evil Rose de Ville - we never watched B&B. Conley was very nice and funny and even signed some photos (though they were B&B stuff).

Any way, I did really like the Marlena/Brady scene. It felt real in a show were not much does. But the whole Kristen has changed thing? Get outta here.

I'm probably alone at this table but I do like Justin and Kayla and I am sad to see the end of it. Don't get me wrong I love me some Steve and Kayla but I don't know sometimes I feel like these couples have been pulled apart and pushed back together way too many times.

Don't @ me, but I shipped Carly & Lawrence sooooo hard.

I won't @ you but I am a Carly/Bo fan! I much preferred them over Bo/Hope. I wasn't too thrilled with Carly's return because man the writers just destroyed her, Plus stuck her with Melanie by way of Dan. Ick.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

So, Lani, Eli isn't allowed to talk to the woman he was planning to marry? Gabi owns her crap. She probably had zero intention of actually shutting off Julie's heart. You, Lani, are a bit more insecure, needy, and devious. Has JJ actually sublet his place to you? Right, you don't have any sort of job, so you can't afford your own place. And now you have decided that convent life and being a nun is not for you - whoodda thunk that - and you like being a cop. The convent life meant no hot dude in your bed. And if Eli thinks you are a prize, he's in for a rude awakening.

Central Park looked much like Salem Park. Nicole's dress was a little too short. Of course Brady opened up and said there was no Basic Black business to do in NYC. Hey, maybe Nicole wanted to do some shopping or something. Brady is also suspicious of Mickey and her birthmark. If Sarah is to get married that day, why would she be scrubbing up to do surgery on Marlena? No one else around?

At least Nicole checked in with Abe.

Nice that Marlena continues to think of Brady as her son. Kristen is just being nice for a week or so, until she goes back to her normal self. Did like her Missoni or Missoni inspired dress today.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, norcalgal said:

Don't @ me, but I shipped Carly & Lawrence sooooo hard.  The chemistry between the two was SMOKING hot! [It wasn't until both characters were off the show that I found out the actors were married IRL, so happy, happy me!  🙂    Anyhoo, I hated that when Carly returned, the story was that Lawrence was an abusive psycho so a) Carly stabbed him to death; and b) cheated on him with Daniel at some medical conference, which resulted in Melanie.  GTFOH!!! I was so damn disappointed with Carly's return that I barely watched DOOL because I hated to see what they did to the character.

P.S. I'll never believe Lawrence would ever do physical harm to his Katerina...

I also loved them Michael Sabatino was my first soap crush. Bo/Carly didn't do anything for me (although PR's Bo and Carly actually had chemistry her and RKK's version was not good). Lawrence is my all time fave Days character. However I'm actually glad he's dead because I shudder to think how he'd be written if he were alive today.

At least Lawrence left still being competent(sans 2009 return) while Lawrence did terrible things I don't think in his right mind he would harm Katerina.

I think it should've been Jennifer that killed him though not Carly.

Edited by CanaryFan98
1 hour ago, hypnotoad said:

I'm probably alone at this table but I do like Justin and Kayla and I am sad to see the end of it. Don't get me wrong I love me some Steve and Kayla but I don't know sometimes I feel like these couples have been pulled apart and pushed back together way too many times.

That's cool you knew Darlene she was also on GH way back when as Trixie an old hooker pal of Ruby's.

I don't hate Justin/Kayla in fact I like them more than I thought I would because on GH they didn't really do much for me. I think intellectually Justin/Kayla fit more than her and Steve at this point but her and Steve still have that spark but no real story or reason for them to be together beyond their shared past. 

I think the problem with the current version of Stayla is that Kayla evolved but Steve is stuck in the 80s and they didn't evolve as a couple like Bo/Hope, Jack/Jennifer and so many others,

• Love 2

Nicole was annoying AF today.  Nicole was threatening Raynor to admit something simply because Nicole thought she was right.  What if Raynor HADN'T done anything wrong?  Was she going to report her for NOT admitting something she didn't do?  Granted, Nicole was right, but SHE didn't know that - she was just threatening Raynor to tell her what she wanted to hear.

• Love 4
On 4/2/2020 at 12:32 AM, tribeca said:

Eric “ if Daniel wants to marry the mother of one of kids tell him to go marry Chloe “ 😂

This was a laugh out loud moment for me.  I love seeing the funny side of Eric.   

I enjoyed this entire episode.  By the time Leo appeared at the Kiriakis mansion I knew this was an April Fool's show.  Standout moments for me were seeing Daniel again and how outrageously he behaved, Abe being the father of Sheila's baby and lastly Leo just being Leo.  Seeing him in the bed with Will was shocking and too funny.  I love when DAYS does shows like these.  Think of how much fun it must be for the actors.  Here's hoping the Halloween show will be great too.  The one last year was not as good as the previous 2 years before.  

• Love 3
12 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

I hated John for deceiving him in such a manner.  I know that Dr Rolf is far from an innocent victim in all of this but it made me hope that Rolf has some more tricks up his sleeve.  

It took me this long to finally realize that Dr Raynor was Vicky Spaulding from Springfield, USA in a former life.

That's where I've seen the doctor before. Thanks for that. Guiding Light was my show for many years when soap operas were well written and we couldn't wait for each episode.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I don't remember a lot of Carly and Lawrence, but didn't he always have a "dark" side?

He raped Jennifer, and tried to kill John when they were kids. Is physical abuse that much of a stretch? 

• Love 6

To the people who insist that Gabi would never really use that app thing to try to hurt Julie, are you forgetting that she did just that at her wedding to Eli. Once she knew they were catching on, she did press the button, Julie fell down as if she had another heart attack and then "woke up" to let Gabi know that she had a replacement done and that they were all on to her. So, she absolutely would and did use it to hurt Julie.

I really used to like Gabi, but they have written her to be unredeemable to me.

• Love 11
13 hours ago, A.J. said:

Seeing him in the bed with Will was shocking and too funny.  I love when DAYS does shows like these.

That was just the crappy icing on the cake of stupid, for me. I thought the whole episode was awful -- not fun at all. Leo is a deeply unappealing character. Whatever gave the showrunners the idea that he needed to come back for any reason? I'm glad if anyone else was able to enjoy it, but it was just nails on a blackboard from start to finish as far as I'm concerned. And Dr. Tannington just looked like a (leather) douchebag.   

• Love 7
16 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

You're not alone.  We have talked about them in the unpopular opinions thread--and even the past thread, I believe. Worth reading if you have the time.

In fact, here is my post on the subject about a year ago.

Oh, didn't know that about the UO thread.  I'll check it out now - even though all the Carly/Lawrence stuff is so out of date.

16 hours ago, hypnotoad said:

Yes Darlene Conley played both Rose de Ville and Sally Spectra. My brother married her niece and she came to the wedding. My sister and I were very excited to meet the evil Rose de Ville - we never watched B&B. Conley was very nice and funny and even signed some photos (though they were B&B stuff).

Nice to know that IRL, Darlene was nothing like eeeeevil Rose.

Any way, I did really like the Marlena/Brady scene. It felt real in a show were not much does. But the whole Kristen has changed thing? Get outta here.

I haven't really watched to much so I haven't been able to see how the Justin/Kayla relationship is portrayed, but on an intellectual level, I'm with you. The Steve/Kayla relationship has been butchered soooo many times over the years (esp. to Kayla's detriment) that I just want them to bury it once and for all. Steve might as well be a brand new character now...he's just not the Patch/Steve we've come to know and love.

I won't @ you but I am a Carly/Bo fan! I much preferred them over Bo/Hope. I wasn't too thrilled with Carly's return because man the writers just destroyed her, Plus stuck her with Melanie by way of Dan. Ick.

Me - nope, never a Carly/Bo fan no matter is Bo was played by PR or RKK. I think it's because I was there from the beginning for Bo & Hope so I resented anyone coming between them. [Like, let's get real - although Hope "died", we knew Hope was coming back sooner or later].

14 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I also loved them Michael Sabatino was my first soap crush. Bo/Carly didn't do anything for me (although PR's Bo and Carly actually had chemistry her and RKK's version was not good). Lawrence is my all time fave Days character. However I'm actually glad he's dead because I shudder to think how he'd be written if he were alive today.

At least Lawrence left still being competent(sans 2009 return) while Lawrence did terrible things I don't think in his right mind he would harm Katerina.

Yeah, in retrospect, I'm glad Lawrence died so the character couldn't be destroyed like Carly was when she returned. Seriously, what was even the point of her return? To give Melanie a "mom"?!   

I think it should've been Jennifer that killed him though not Carly.

Yes, a million times!  I can't recall if Jennifer ever got justice for being raped by Lawrence, but it would have been great if Jen did the deed instead of Carly. Nice bookend to that rape storyline.

That's cool you knew Darlene she was also on GH way back when as Trixie an old hooker pal of Ruby's.

I don't hate Justin/Kayla in fact I like them more than I thought I would because on GH they didn't really do much for me. I think intellectually Justin/Kayla fit more than her and Steve at this point but her and Steve still have that spark but no real story or reason for them to be together beyond their shared past. 

I think the problem with the current version of Stayla is that Kayla evolved but Steve is stuck in the 80s and they didn't evolve as a couple like Bo/Hope, Jack/Jennifer and so many others,

ITA to all the Steve/Kayla bits.

5 hours ago, JBC344 said:

I don't remember a lot of Carly and Lawrence, but didn't he always have a "dark" side?

He raped Jennifer, and tried to kill John when they were kids. Is physical abuse that much of a stretch? 

Yes, Lawrence was considered a villain on the show. Arrogant, domineering, manipulative - but except for raping Jennifer, I can't recall any truly heinous violent crime. [Not that I'm dismissing Jen's rape. People can be redeemed, like Jack].

At this point, my all time fave DOOL couples are Jack & Jennifer and if the definition of "soap opera couple" can stretch to Carly/Lawrence, they're my other fave. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, Sandman said:

That was just the crappy icing on the cake of stupid, for me. I thought the whole episode was awful -- not fun at all. Leo is a deeply unappealing character. Whatever gave the showrunners the idea that he needed to come back for any reason? I'm glad if anyone else was able to enjoy it, but it was just nails on a blackboard from start to finish as far as I'm concerned. And Dr. Tannington just looked like a (leather) douchebag.   

We are totally on the same page. The episode was just a waste, but I'm pretty happy that they wasted Daniel's return on a fantasy episode. Hopefully this means they'll never bring him back legitimately.

As for today's episode, just because Nicole doesn't alert the police doesn't mean that the doctor is in the clear. I wonder if they'll even follow up with what happens to her. She definitely will have her medical license revoked and probably go to jail. She signed all of the paperwork! Obviously once Eric and Sarah and Kristen learn the truth, they can't just let the medical system still think that she's really McKenzie. This is totally going to come back to bite the doctor in the butt.

Truthfully, in spite of the actress' tears, I couldn't follow how her character went from denying her involvement to telling the true story but asking not to be arrested, to then finally deciding she didn't care if she went to prison for the rest of her life within the span of what seemed like 3 minutes.

I'm glad they bothered to follow up with her character, cuz so much is slipping through the cracks these days...but she changed her mind way too quickly.

How was John so relaxed about Marlena having brain surgery?

I don't love Nicole's new hairstyle, but I don't hate it. The way you guys were all talking I thought she looked like Kate Gosselin!

Eli and Lani being asked back to the force is ridiculous. Lani is a terrible police officer if someone admitted a crime and waved the evidence in front of her face and she still didn't tackle the person to the ground and bring her in for questioning. And I don't believe for a second that Eli is over Gai. No offense to Sal but Gabi is a million times hotter. She's like the hottest person on the show next to Xander. And I'm betting Eli is attracted to her darker side.

Thankfully, I don't think she is irredeemable. Yes everything with Julie was terrible and beyond stupid, but thankfully the actress can still play the character with enough sympathy and humanity that I don't hate her. I hope there are bright days ahead for Gabi.

Abigail on the other hand is such a freak. The little fake out they pulled where it briefly seemed like Abigail had been brainwashed as well? I totally believed it. That we came back from commercial and she laughed it off but didn't change facial expression or energy at all is what's so disturbing about her character. I could picture her picking up a steak knife at any given moment and stabbing someone. I hope the actress is a great person, because on camera she just seems like a complete psycho. DEAD EYES.

I also can't help but wonder if it was really worth bringing Abigail and Chad back. Their departure after the Stefan storyline was abrupt but decent. Their webisode series was fine, I guess, but watching Chad be a zombie and Abigail walk around like a "nice" person just leaves me all disinterested. She always seemed so put off by everything. Calling JJ is too much for you? I would think it would be a nice distraction.

I can't believe how easily Kate shrugged off being knocked unconscious by Chad and locked up in a room to die. Just another Friday in Salem! No biggie!

On the on the plus side, I really liked that Abe was woven into the Eric and Nicole baby reveal storyline. Nicole really has no friends or anybody to talk to.

Everything Ron is doing with Kristen right now pisses me off. She was never trying to be a "good little DiMera". How can Ron not know about this character, but insist on having her in the show while he writes it, to the point of recasting the character. If you love Kristen that much, know who the hell she is.

It's worth pointing out that autocorrect changed "Ron" to "Wrong" and "Rotten" as I was typing that out. I can't disagree.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • LOL 5
  • Love 10
7 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

It's worth pointing out that autocorrect changed "Ron" to "Wrong" and "Rotten" as I was typing that out. I can't disagree.

LOL!

I think Nicole's hair is worse than Kate Gosselin's tbh. Her current style is honestly one of the worst haircuts I've ever seen in my life! Also, her dress is hideous. I still wanna know what AZ and VK have done to make the wardrobe/hair/makeup departments hate them so much.

I once again only got the second half of the ep. I honestly don't even know why I'm bothering to watch really. I could just wait until the next day to watch on the app but I don't care enough to watch the ads that come along in that case lol.

• Love 5

Not that this redeems her, or even if I had faith that Ron and staff could pull it off, but I don't hate the idea storyline of "Rachel can change Kristen".  

Up until Kristen's breakdown in the 90's she was good/sweet character. It was her miscarriage of John Jr., Peter's presumed death, and Rachel's (Mom) death that caused her mental breakdown pushing her into being a villain.

Not saying she would ever go back to pre-breakdown Kristen, but I wouldn't hate a layered redemption storyline that at least made Kristen a more "gray" character. 

• Love 5
(edited)
17 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Nicole was annoying AF today.  Nicole was threatening Raynor to admit something simply because Nicole thought she was right.  What if Raynor HADN'T done anything wrong?  Was she going to report her for NOT admitting something she didn't do?  Granted, Nicole was right, but SHE didn't know that - she was just threatening Raynor to tell her what she wanted to hear.

And then Nicole had the gall to not like what she heard when she had been wanting to hear just that for a long time or else she would never have stalked the doctor to New York,.

Edited by bobcat1946
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, norcalgal said:

Oh, didn't know that about the UO thread.  I'll check it out now - even though all the Carly/Lawrence stuff is so out of date.

ITA to all the Steve/Kayla bits.

Yes, Lawrence was considered a villain on the show. Arrogant, domineering, manipulative - but except for raping Jennifer, I can't recall any truly heinous violent crime. [Not that I'm dismissing Jen's rape. People can be redeemed, like Jack].

At this point, my all time fave DOOL couples are Jack & Jennifer and if the definition of "soap opera couple" can stretch to Carly/Lawrence, they're my other fave. 

He released a deadly virus in Salem that almost killed Bo and did kill Emmy(Shawn D's nanny and Bo's brief love interest before Carly). He also killed Steve(which was rewritten to be Stefano)

Rather ironic given current circumstances....

However he was tamer compared to the other villains on the show.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Truthfully, in spite of the actress' tears, I couldn't follow how her character went from denying her involvement to telling the true story but asking not to be arrested, to then finally deciding she didn't care if she went to prison for the rest of her life within the span of what seemed like 3 minutes.

She talked about the unbearable guilt she had been living with since she'd swapped the babies, so my impression was that she was ready to face the consequences rather than live with that guilt.  I hope she changed her mind the next morning, and left the country with all of the money Xander gave to her.  

I thought the scenes with Nicole and Dr Raynor, and Tony and Kristin talking about their curious emotions over Stefano's microchip being destroyed were the best part of the episode.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I hope that Dr. Raynor books herself a plane ticket to say, South America, and lives quite nicely off the payout money. If Nicole can find her, so can Xander.

Nicole, Brady is now suspicious too and his brain cells are doing some work. The truth should come out but it will affect many people's lives.

Eric, you have no business asking Abe where Nicole went and why. Maybe she has a wart she wants removed and is talking to a NYC plastic surgeon. Let her come to you if she wishes to share anything with you.

Kristen seems a little too nice right now - too decent, too self aware. That won't last.

No interest in Abs and Chad. Too bad there wasn't a trigger word for la stupida and both could be zombies.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

I thought the scenes with Nicole and Dr Raynor, and Tony and Kristin talking about their curious emotions over Stefano's microchip being destroyed were the best part of the episode.  

The Nicole stuff was okay....but I can't get behind Ron thinking he gets to write the Death of Stefano storyline. It's a microchip - not the man's spirit. Every single character who talks about it as if it's anything more than a tumour in Steve's brain that causes him to be confused sounds like a complete moron. They aren't losing Stefano. Stefano never came back! Damnit, it annoys me so much I can't even put it into words.

It just goes to show the series did a piss-poor job of wrapping the character's storyline up. I thought it was bad when Hope shot Stefano out of nowhere, but that was pretty much a million times better than what's been happening since. I hoped the Prague storyline was created to correct that mistake and wrap everything up and give Joe a chance to appear once more on screen as Stefano, but then they took even that away with their twist involving Steve and Shane. And now we have this. What's it going to be next year? A goldfish with Stefano's essence in it a la American Dad?

Just STOP. I'd rather they'd just abandon the storyline right now and never mention it again than continue to drag this crap out.

But they will. Because Ron.

6 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

No interest in Abs and Chad. Too bad there wasn't a trigger word for la stupida and both could be zombies.

...would we even notice, with her?

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
On 4/2/2020 at 7:40 PM, kitmerlot1213 said:

Man oh man, but what exactly is the point of Lani and Eli's continued existence?  They are beyond boring and now that they don't have Gabi around to blame their problems on, what are they going to do? 🙂

they are both the new Abe and Lexie -the token couple.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Sandman said:

Leo is obviously a favorite.  Hell, he might just be a self-insert.  

But I’ve seen so many comments on Twitter and other boards saying that they love Leo.  Saying that the other gays on the show are just too boring for them.  That just explains everything to me.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, superdeluxe said:

But I’ve seen so many comments on Twitter and other boards saying that they love Leo.  Saying that the other gays on the show are just too boring for them.  That just explains everything to me.

I would have preferred Greg Rikaart cast as Alan Harris. Alan later becoming gay would have made sense since Sami shot his reproductive organs  off .

• Love 1
6 hours ago, superdeluxe said:

Ohhhh, don't even get me started on any of that. I just hate how he's written as a walking punchline, with every stereotypical gay character rolled into this one guy. Ron makes it way too obvious:

On a side note, I do love Greg and am so relieved that he's doing better now in his recovery from COVID-19. I was so scared for him when he mentioned pneumonia in one of his health updates. 😬

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

but I can't get behind Ron thinking he gets to write the Death of Stefano storyline. It's a microchip - not the man's spirit. Every single character who talks about it as if it's anything more than a tumour in Steve's brain that causes him to be confused sounds like a complete moron. They aren't losing Stefano. Stefano never came back! Damnit, it annoys me so much I can't even put it into words.

Dr Rolf is the character who's given Stefano's existence the most credence, and it's in his best interest to believe that his experiments are a success.  For all of the flaws with this story, I think the writers have done a decent job of having the characters vacillate between regarding him Steve and reluctantly as Stefano.  Even after Kristin told him about her baby dying and they had their emotional hug, she still mocked him and addressed him as Steve in some conversations.  I didn't get the sense that anyone really thought of him as a surviving Stefano.  Chad and Marlena were brainwashed.  

The thing I liked about Tony and Kristin talking about the destruction of the microchip in yesterday's episode was that it seemed there was a level of uncertainty in their voices.  What if a part of Stefano's consciousness is on that microchip?  Would they want that destroyed?  It seems to me that Science is determined to understand how consciousness is achieved, and when that happens it's only a matter of time before one's consciousness is transferred from body to body.  Would anyone opt to have their loved one's consciousness destroyed if it could live on?  

As usual, this story was poorly execute but I was intrigued by some of the ideas it was toying with.  I watch a lot of science fiction, though, so...

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, Rafael said:

I would have preferred Greg Rikaart cast as Alan Harris. Alan later becoming gay would have made sense since Sami shot his reproductive organs  off .

You're joking, right? Cuz no, that wouldn't make any sense at all. 

12 hours ago, superdeluxe said:

I don't really hold this particular viewpoint, but I do think Sonny and Will are kinda boring, lol. Not because they aren't Leo levels of flamboyant, just that I've found their storylines since Will came back to be a little lacking in excitement. I wish Paul had stuck around to spice things up.

I do like Leo, though. Or maybe I just like Greg Rikaart, lol.

• Love 6
(edited)
19 hours ago, Giuseppe said:

I do like Leo, though. Or maybe I just like Greg Rikaart, lol.

Leo was pretty much awful until maybe the final two or three weeks of his run.  Greg got material he could sink his teeth into.  It was a story that had been done before but they were doing it well.

And like so much of Ron's writing, the story ends just as things get interesting. Or things get interesting just for the story to end.  However you'd like to look at it. 

And I don't think there's anything wrong with him being flamboyant.  I think for a long time gay men on TV were portrayed in a certain flamboyant way and people got sick of the one-note stereotype.  Then there was a push back on that kind of portrayal so gay characters were written by ripping away anything that could be considered a stereotypical affection as a way to say "see, you won't be able to tell the difference!" But that ends up erasing gay men who are flamboyant or have traits considered more effeminate.  So I'm cool with variety as with any other type of character. 

What I didn't like is that they basically wrote Leo hitting on men, gay or straight, and not being called out on the creepitude it was.  Being gay isn't a pass.  It's especially frustrating because they could have had more fun with it like having the straight men he hit on suprisingly be flattered.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
14 hours ago, Rafael said:

That wouldn't make anyone gay.  It would make pretty much anyone pretty pissed off, though.

You do know that nothing "makes" anyone gay or straight or anything, right?  That it's not how things work?

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
9 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Dr Rolf is the character who's given Stefano's existence the most credence, and it's in his best interest to believe that his experiments are a success.  For all of the flaws with this story, I think the writers have done a decent job of having the characters vacillate between regarding him Steve and reluctantly as Stefano.  Even after Kristin told him about her baby dying and they had their emotional hug, she still mocked him and addressed him as Steve in some conversations.  I didn't get the sense that anyone really thought of him as a surviving Stefano.  Chad and Marlena were brainwashed.  

The thing I liked about Tony and Kristin talking about the destruction of the microchip in yesterday's episode was that it seemed there was a level of uncertainty in their voices.  What if a part of Stefano's consciousness is on that microchip?  Would they want that destroyed?  It seems to me that Science is determined to understand how consciousness is achieved, and when that happens it's only a matter of time before one's consciousness is transferred from body to body.  Would anyone opt to have their loved one's consciousness destroyed if it could live on?  

As usual, this story was poorly execute but I was intrigued by some of the ideas it was toying with.  I watch a lot of science fiction, though, so...

It would have been better if Rolf carried out his revenge plot without this nonsense. it would have been better if he carried out this revenge plot directly and not indirectly by implanting these nonsensical chips . the man is supposed to be a super genius. cant he formulate better revenge  plots than this ?

3 hours ago, boes said:

That wouldn't make anyone gay.  It would make pretty much anyone pretty pissed off, though.

You do know that nothing "makes" anyone gay or straight or anything, right?  That it's not how things work?

yeah but Sami shot his reproductive organs off . besides , Alan could have easily returned disguised as Leo and  waged  his revenge plot /vengeance against Sami by targeting Will and Sonny .

3 hours ago, boes said:

damn. i meant to say Alan would have been gay when waging his war against sami by targeting both Will and Sonny .

6 hours ago, Rafael said:

It would have been better if Rolf carried out his revenge plot without this nonsense. it would have been better if he carried out this revenge plot directly and not indirectly by implanting these nonsensical chips . the man is supposed to be a super genius. cant he formulate better revenge  plots than this ?

It seems like Dr Rolf did have a grudge against Hope for trying to kill Stefano all of those years ago but I saw Dr Rolf being driven by scientific achievement more than revenge.  Princess Gina and Stevano committed crimes on their own accord.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Alan later becoming gay would have made sense since Sami shot his reproductive organs  off .

I'm sorry but I'm confused. What does having ones reproductive organs shot off have to do with ones sexuality?

Well I have to say Anna is excellent at using a shoe as a weapon! I've always loved Anna.

I really hope Ron will now drop all the mind chip stuff but sadly I feel like he won't.

I hate this baby swap story. Just hate. Kristen getting that baby is wrong, wrong, wrong.

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, hypnotoad said:

I really hope Ron will now drop all the mind chip stuff but sadly I feel like he won't.

In like 6 months-year there will no doubt be another mind chip related storyline. Actually, I'm probably giving RC too much credit, it's probably more like 3 months tops.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 4/3/2020 at 4:47 PM, DisneyBoy said:

How was John so relaxed about Marlena having brain surgery?

As far as Jawn knows, brains are tiny, and not used very much, like an appendix -- what's he gonna worry about?

"What's going to happen to Father?"

Are you kidding me? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?? Your father's been dead for years, you credulous ninny! Of all the stupid "twists" in this brain chip nonsense, the idea that Tony and his conscienceless sister actually think (and that we're supposed to believe that they think) Stefano counts as in any way alive because of Rolf's digital copy might be the most ridiculous. Just -- stop. Stop insulting your audience; stop demeaning your actors. Stop pissing all over the show's history. Stop.

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
On 4/4/2020 at 11:10 AM, superdeluxe said:

But I’ve seen so many comments on Twitter and other boards saying that they love Leo.

Well, I'm clearly out of step, but -- ick. Rikaart's shameless mugging and smirking just makes me want to change the channel. Or kick him in the shins.

• Love 4
(edited)

I don't mind his energy. He definitely seems committed to his scenes when he's on camera and I appreciate that. I think it's just the way Leo has been written. He has no dignity and I have no clue what drives him as a character. He's basically just the flamboyantly gay lecherous creep who invades your personal space and wants money and has no scruples. I suppose that could be fun, and I appreciate him being there at least for the sake of diversity if nothing else, but I don't enjoy him. And whoever said he might be a self insert character, I was starting to think the same thing...as much as any of these crazy characters could possibly be stand-ins for the writers.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 5
41 minutes ago, Sandman said:

"What's going to happen to Father?"

Are you kidding me? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?? Your father's been dead for years, you credulous ninny! Of all the stupid "twists" in this brain chip nonsense, the idea that Tony and his conscienceless sister actually think (and that we're supposed to believe that they think) Stefano counts as in any way alive because of Rolf's digital copy might be the most ridiculous. Just -- stop. Stop insulting your audience; stop demeaning your actors. Stop pissing all over the show's history. Stop.

EXACTLY. How can this be so difficult for them to understand? Do they think five year old children watch this show? We are adults. We know how things work. Stop treating us like we don't.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Sandman said:

Well, I'm clearly out of step, but -- ick. Rikaart's shameless mugging and smirking just makes me want to change the channel. Or kick him in the shins.

Me too.  From all accounts, he's a nice guy but he has one speed and that's mugging for the camera.  He does the same thing on Y&R.  

While I wish him all good things in his personal life, I've rarely enjoyed him on screen, no matter where.

• Love 8