Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

I really hate to think what discovering that Maggie actually did kill her granddaughter will do to her.

Since Victor's stroke has been more or less forgotten...I think the better plot would have been for Maggie to have the stroke after learning the truth. Suzanne really has nowhere to go acting-wise with this. What will she do to convey Maggie's horror when she learns the truth - tremble and cry? She's done that already. There's nowhere to build to.

3 hours ago, msrachelj said:

Did anyone catch the look she had on her face when she was hugging Doug? Or it could just have been Kristen's terrible acting. 

Maybe KA didn't know who she was playing. IIRC, they didn't tell AZ that she was playing Kristen-as-Nicole when she first came back. She just played it straight as Nicole, and found out later it wasn't really her.

KA isn't brilliant, but these producers - who have know their actors for decades now! - show a total disregard towards their strengths and weaknesses. Why ask KA to do this whole stupid Gina storyline when a simple review of the past Halloween episodes proves she cannot convincingly pull off the accent?

Even today, they had poor Eric M standing there in his underwear even though he doesn't have the figure he used to and is visibly orange. Not a good look. He's a handsome dashing guy, but keep him in a suit please. What's next - tango dancing scenes for Victor?

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

The show is just awful now.  I only care about Sara and Wilson everybody else is just horrible.  My heart goes out to Sara, she is in for a world of hurt. 

I really hate to think what discovering that Maggie actually did kill her granddaughter will do to her.

I forgot about Maggie, I can't imagine as a mom what that will do to her, to know that she killed her baby's baby.. This is just too much and this will just destroy her for good. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, msrachelj said:

Did anyone catch the look she had on her face when she was hugging Doug? Or it could just have been Kristen's terrible acting. 

Or Ron wanting this to be mysterious, instead of just shitty. 😛 By the way, not to be "that person" (honest!), but her name is Kristian, not Kristen.  🙂

• Love 5
2 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Or Ron wanting this to be mysterious, instead of just shitty. 😛 By the way, not to be "that person" (honest!), but her name is Kristian, not Kristen.  🙂

Umm, not online.  She's listed as "Kristen" in the DOOL Wiki pages and also in the character profiles on that "other" soap site.  But no matter since to me, her name will always be MUD.

But in case, she's changed, according to Brady.  She's gone from being a psychopathic homicidal lunatic to the living embodiment of motherhood and all that's holy.  Apparently, though, she had a bit of slip today when she was taunting Kate, unless being a spiteful witch to other people is one of the saintly virtues.  

Yeah Brady, once again, you really know how to pick 'em.  

Steve as Stefano is rapidly turning into a Bela Lugosi lookalike contest.  The way he talks, his intonations, that freakin' red tie had me wondering if he was about to change Chad's name to Renfield.  I guess when we see Chad snatching flies from midair and chomping on them like popcorn, we'll know the destination for the Dimera family reunion is Transylvania 6-5000.

If I ever hear "La Famiglia" or "Queen of the Night" again, I'll...... well, probably nothing but still, Show, STOP IT.

I guess Marlena being kidnapped again is not causing alarm as much as it is a big collective yawn.  Eric needed to get back to kitchy kooing and Brady needed to get back to model underwear for Elvira.  Even John seems way less concerned than usual.  

Just a thought, John, but it just might be time, once you get her back,  for one of those retractable leashes so you don't lose Marlena again.

• LOL 11
  • Love 2

Nicky, your spidey sense should be at full alert if Xander stops you by the elevator. You are on to something. Keep quiet. Or just blow the whole thing up. Your intentions are good.

Maggie is going to the spa like prison? The judge would be better off letting her do a thousand hours of community service or something.

Kristen, nice way to objectify Brady. Surprised that the boxers fit.

Kate, do be wary that Chad has his hands behind his back.

I did like Stevano's suit and the blue tie.

Kinda forgot about Marlena.

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, boes said:

Umm, not online.  She's listed as "Kristen" in the DOOL Wiki pages and also in the character profiles on that "other" soap site.  But no matter since to me, her name will always be MUD.

But in case, she's changed, according to Brady.  She's gone from being a psychopathic homicidal lunatic to the living embodiment of motherhood and all that's holy.  Apparently, though, she had a bit of slip today when she was taunting Kate, unless being a spiteful witch to other people is one of the saintly virtues.  

Yeah Brady, once again, you really know how to pick 'em.  

Steve as Stefano is rapidly turning into a Bela Lugosi lookalike contest.  The way he talks, his intonations, that freakin' red tie had me wondering if he was about to change Chad's name to Renfield.  I guess when we see Chad snatching flies from midair and chomping on them like popcorn, we'll know the destination for the Dimera family reunion is Transylvania 6-5000.

If I ever hear "La Famiglia" or "Queen of the Night" again, I'll...... well, probably nothing but still, Show, STOP IT.

I guess Marlena being kidnapped again is not causing alarm as much as it is a big collective yawn.  Eric needed to get back to kitchy kooing and Brady needed to get back to model underwear for Elvira.  Even John seems way less concerned than usual.  

Just a thought, John, but it just might be time, once you get her back,  for one of those retractable leashes so you don't lose Marlena again.

Lol, I was just thinking with their history (and half of Salem), John and Marlena should have those microchips implanted for when pets get lost. 

I believe the posters above are talking about the actress Kristian (Hope), not the character Kristen. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
48 minutes ago, boes said:

I thought they were referring to Kristian Alfonso, as (I think) they were discussing Hope/Gina/Whoever the hell she is this week - and Alfonso's acting! Not Never-Will-Be-A-Heroine-EVER, Kristen.

It's the Bill Hayes/Doug/Bill Horton thing all over again. LOL!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I thought they were referring to Kristian Alfonso, as (I think) they were discussing Hope/Gina/Whoever the hell she is this week - and Alfonso's acting! Not Never-Will-Be-A-Heroine-EVER, Kristen.

It's the Bill Hayes/Doug/Bill Horton thing all over again. LOL!

I'm sorry about the mix up.  My apologies.

• Love 2
On 3/19/2020 at 1:36 PM, DisneyBoy said:

I can actually see the actors mentally holding back from running out the nearest exit. Billy looks like he's thinking "never again".

Ahhahaha! I didn't quite notice it that way, but then again, I wouldn't blame them.

So, let me get this straight: that woman stops Kate in the middle of the square and berates her for doing Software Patch's bidding. But she can do it, because he's her father, so there's loyalty. I'm presuming she means on her part, since she'd have to be either stupid or crazy to believe that he feels any.

Oh. Wait.

Ucch. C'mon, Kate -- just slap her in the kisser! So much for her change of heart or character. Poor, dumb Bonehead Black. I notice that Bonehead Black and Former Father Uncle Eric are back in the huggy, manly-tears "brother from another mother" phase of their dynamic. That should last at least a couple of weeks, until the until the Big Three-Card Monte Baby Reveal. Oy gevalt.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Who was Chad looking at after bonking Gabi?  He looked straight into the camera.

Maybe Ron is toying with breaking the fourth wall?  It was an odd choice for the show.  

20 hours ago, boes said:

It's like some of the script writers hate this storyline so much that they're doing anything they can to make it as bad as possible.  Initially, I kinda liked Stephen Nichols as a villain but his dialogue is so bad on a daily basis that it's nearly impossible to watch.  But honestly, the whole show plays like there's no cohesion behind the scenes and they're all actively conspiring to sabotage each other.  Unless they want it to look like a shit show because it gets people to post on Twitter.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

So there is a Queen of the Night plastic cactus? Stevano couldn't have gone for the grand gesture of the corpse flower (the one that smells like rotten meat)? Or a really nice necklace for that gown? Why would he rebuild Maison Blanche? I guess a redo of Versailles was out of his budget.

Don't know if it is Marlena or Hattie still.

Hope, you missed a lot in the past year.

Did like the catfight between Nicole and Kristen. Hope the hair is real and not extensions because those won't show Kristen's DNA. Nicole is being smart and not really letting Xander know that she genuinely suspects. And she is right to warn Sarah about the real Xander, and not the part of the day smushy one.

Poor Chad is going to be exhausted lugging both Kate and Gabi down to the tunnel room. Kate should have a necklace with the key to the room made by now. How unfortunate that Abs came home a half hour too early - to give Chad the time to do the lugging and have a shower. Is the ring giving off some sort of drug that induces Chad to do this?

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

I think all of Show's current storylines could be salvaged just by putting in a laugh track.  It's be a rollercoaster ride of hilarity every time Kristen got holier than thou, every time Stevano intoned "Queen of the Night" and every time Chad went into his "Slowly I turned, inch by inch" routine.

Marlena stumbling around in that black ball gown after her "nap" would have brought down the house.

So did Show buy a case of matching ties and pocket squares at the Men's Weirdhouse or are they dressing Steve in cast off undertaker's outfits?  

I'm ready for an entire episode of nothing but Kristen getting hit with a stick and Brady getting a wedgie everytime he says "She's changed".  Nothing but that.  

Sarah, I'm glad you like Xander and he's nice with you.  But you don't get to give Nicole the side eye about a guy who tried to roast her and Eric to death, you just don't.  

Yep, right now Show should be presented as just another Benny Hill episode.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 7

Well done AZ & SH.  As fights go, that one got pretty physical.  Both are scrappy.

Kate and Gabi should both be checked for Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy (CTE).  They take more blows than most football players. 

Xarah makes me sad these days.  Because every good thing Sarah says is not going to last.  And Xander feels it too.  

I need Chad to de-zombify.  It's just not working for me.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, SueB said:

Kate and Gabi should both be checked for Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy (CTE).  They take more blows than most football players. 

There you go, they can use that to explain Gabi's misdeeds. It'll be a bit newer than the 'They were mentally ill!' defense they used for Abigail and Ben.

I missed the first 20 minutes, which I don't really care about, but I also missed the last 5 minutes so can someone tell me what happened at the end please!

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Abigail came home to find Chad about to drag Kate and Gabi's knocked-out bodies through the panel in the wall.

Nicole had a handful of Kristen's hair, from their catfight, to use in her plan to confirm whether Kristen is actually Mickey's mother.

Marlena woke up from her fainting spell and looked at Stevano with a vaguely romantic expression on her face.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Finally caught up.  I've had to watch it on demand because for several days they've had coronavirus coverage instead of the show.  I thought the Gina, Stevano crap was as bad as it could get.  I was wrong.  Now we have zombie Chad and Marlena who has been implanted with some sort of a chip that apparently just makes her really confused - with a bad memory.  Has Rolf invented an Alzheimer's chip?  And WHY, when someone looks like they have been knocked out does someone ALWAYS turn their back on the only other person in the room?  Gabi, I expected more from you.  Also, I completely agree with every other poster who says Kate should always carry a key to the DiMeara room hidden somewhere on her body. 

Really, Nicole, grab some random (unsterile) swab, then carry it around in your purse wrapped in a tissue?  Nope, no possible way to contaminate the DNA there.  Since pretty much everyone in Salem has had to have a DNA test at some point this plot would only be fun if Mickey's test came back as her being related to Brady, Kristen, Eric, Nicole, Sarah, Xander, Will, Sonny, Gabi, Rolf, some random nurse who touched the swabs and some dog Nicole happened to meet in the park.  "It appears this child is also 5% cocker spaniel."  Speaking of Mickey, why is a kid who is at least 10 months old crammed in a newborn bed?  (I don't know the proper term for what that plastic thing is.)  Are they TRYING to stunt her growth?

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
On 3/19/2020 at 6:42 PM, DisneyBoy said:

Even today, they had poor Eric M standing there in his underwear even though he doesn't have the figure he used to and is visibly orange.

The show thinks either (a) that the audience is panting for sexytimes for Bonehead Black and the insane "reformed" killer hosebag, or (b) any emotional response from the audience is the same as any other, so why not evoke secondhand embarrassment?

Edited by Sandman
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4

Oy, I guess I haven't missed much. It's been hard to get the episodes in now that I'm sharing the TV more with my better half. We're working it out, lol.....

But honestly, based on what I've read there's only a few scenes worth searching for, and come to think of it, they all include violence -- Chad/Gabi/Kate and Nicole/Kristen, lol. And it all seems even sillier against the backdrop of real life right now. Sigh. 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

And WHY, when someone looks like they have been knocked out does someone ALWAYS turn their back on the only other person in the room?  Gabi, I expected more from you.  

I agree, but I cut Gabi some slack. I mean why would she think Chad would knock out Kate in a nefarious way?

11 minutes ago, Lastwaltz said:

And it all seems even sillier against the backdrop of real life right now. Sigh. 

See, to me, that's why it's working currently. Everything is so silly and trivial and that's what I want right now.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

See, to me, that's why it's working currently. Everything is so silly and trivial and that's what I want right now.

That's a much healthier way to look at it, Peach, thanks for reminding me 🙂

• Love 5
On 3/21/2020 at 11:06 AM, DisneyBoy said:

Nicole had a handful of Kristen's hair, from their catfight, to use in her plan to confirm whether Kristen is actually Mickey's mother.

I thought that screeching catfight was WAY over the top. I am not at all relieved to know that it was in fact a forensic wig-snatching.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, tribeca said:

nicole did not need to start that fight with Kristin.   Kristin and Brady’s DNA were all over that office.  

I would love to see Nicole dragging that desk they had sex on into the lab along with that swab from Mickey and telling the technician to see if he/she can do  DNA match from both.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
8 hours ago, boes said:

I would love to see Nicole dragging that desk they had sex on into the lab along with that swab from Mickey and telling the technician to see if he/she can do  DNA match from both.

I am sorry but I can’t stop picturing this.  This would be hysterical.  All I wanted to do is use Lysol wipes all over that desk.  I used to love love in the afternoon now I just want to disinfect 😂

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

Good Grief: I did so much eye-rolling during today's show: Marlena&Stevano are just ridiculous, I had to mute the sound.  They are panting over a cactus & then doing some kind of "romantic" dancing?!  Then Eli & Lani being amateur sleuths peering around a tree in the Square & Evan knows they are there: How dumb!  The only part I enjoyed was the fact that Rafe was re-united with David.  

• Love 5

It's not really that surprising that Bonehead Black is having sex on random furniture with that woman. She must be used to it, since Bonehead Black looks like a leatherette couch.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

Lani and Eli are not cops.  Are they planning on making citizen's arrests?

Knowing Salem, they probably think if they buy toy badges at the store and a pop gun, they're good to go!

And in Salem they're probably right.

• LOL 8
  • Love 4

The Stefano/Marlena scenes needed a real ballroom, and black tie outfits and gorgeous ballgowns. Not.... that. I laughed and was a bit embarrassed. The cactus could have been a centrepiece on a huge table. Or not.

Did Chad send Abs to check on the rats while he huffed and puffed and lugged the two ladies down to the wine cellar?

Lani and Eli looked pretty obvious lurking in the town square. Maybe they could have hid behind a potted plant or two.

David has sure grown since we last saw him. At least he was reunited with Rafe.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
30 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

The Stefano/Marlena scenes needed a real ballroom, and black tie outfits and gorgeous ballgowns. Not.... that. I laughed and was a bit embarrassed. The cactus could have been a centrepiece on a huge table. Or not.

giphy.gif

If only they looked half as good.....

OOOO, how exciting, a DiMera party!

giphy.gif

That'll be fun!  It looks like the whole town is there.

Lani and Eli looked pretty obvious lurking in the town square. Maybe they could have hid behind a potted plant or two.

A dead man would have seen those two halfwits trailing him.  Yep, those two are perfect for the Salem PD, can't get better than them.  Which, unfortunately, is true.  

The only thing that would have made today the PERFECT episode would have been if that cactus had turned out to be 

giphy.gif

Hi Audrey, meet Stevano.  

Hors d'oeuvres!

• LOL 15
  • Love 2

I forgot to mention my favorite piece of dialogue today, and that was after Abigail noticed that Chad was wearing that butt-ugly - I mean, beautiful Dimera ring.  After she asked Chad why, indicating her disapproval, he said, 

"It's all I have left of my father".

Really, Chad?  You're LIVING IN HIS HOUSE and RUNNING HIS COMPANY.  I bet you're even wearing his bloomers and holding your socks up with his garter belts.  Not to mention you have everything in that crypt of a house at your disposal.  

Or does everything else belong to Harold and we just never knew?

Oh yeah, why didn't he have Harold drag Kate and Gabi down to the wine cellar jail?  He does everything else.

• LOL 10
  • Love 6
On 3/24/2020 at 12:35 AM, boes said:

Or does everything else belong to Harold and we just never knew?

Harold's been dipping into the glassware budget for years. The Dimera family is now in hock to that guy up to their hairpieces.

All Scooby & Doo-Doo needed was the doink-doink-doink, doink-doink-doink music on the soundtrack to make their cartoon "stealthily trailing the bad guys" scene complete.

Edited by Sandman
Main verbs are important.
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2

I’m on Stefano burnout. Tew much.

Also Elani are the worst PI/cops ever and very boring as well. All I thought about them curling up behind that small tree “for hours” is how much their backs must hurt from cringing in that position. I know mine does when in down in that position to sweep for even 15-20 minutes at work #GettingOld. 😭 😂 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, boes said:

giphy.gif

If only they looked half as good.....

OOOO, how exciting, a DiMera party!

giphy.gif

That'll be fun!  It looks like the whole town is there.

A dead man would have seen those two halfwits trailing him.  Yep, those two are perfect for the Salem PD, can't get better than them.  Which, unfortunately, is true.  

The only thing that would have made today the PERFECT episode would have been if that cactus had turned out to be 

giphy.gif

Hi Audrey, meet Stevano.  

Hors d'oeuvres!

Boes, you win the internet today.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

Apparently, whatever Rolf did to Marlena is making her extra gaspy.  And tired.  And with a bad memory.  And stupid.  And Stefano wants this why?   He really needs a Jack-like bonk on the head.

Since David is over 2 years of age, it's at least good they got a child the appropriate age to play him.  Wasn't it just last week he was being wheeled around in a stroller with a blanket over him?

And Mickey (who isn't even a year old yet) is going from an infant bassinette to a toddler bed in one episode?  She's growing that fast?  Damn, they REALLY need to patent Gabi's bone marrow - that is some POWERFUL shit.

Too bad Kate and Gabi are locked up with the Salem brain.  There are others who could be using it.

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Sidney said:

Abigail to Chad: "You sure you don't  have some tramp stashed in here?"

Chad to Abigail: "Two, actually."

LMAO!

I laughed but also he and she outta know. She’s the Salem expert. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Doesn't Gabi own the DiMansion after inheriting it from Stefan?

28 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

Apparently, whatever Rolf did to Marlena is making her extra gaspy.  And tired.  And with a bad memory.  And stupid.  And Stefano wants this why?   He really needs a Jack-like bonk on the head.

Since David is over 2 years of age, it's at least good they got a child the appropriate age to play him.  Wasn't it just last week he was being wheeled around in a stroller with a blanket over him?

And Mickey (who isn't even a year old yet) is going from an infant bassinette to a toddler bed in one episode?  She's growing that fast?  Damn, they REALLY need to patent Gabi's bone marrow - that is some POWERFUL shit.

Too bad Kate and Gabi are locked up with the Salem brain.  There are others who could be using it.

Mackenzie/Rachel was born on Mother's Day.  She isn't even a year old.  Cmon, Show.

• Love 4
On 3/19/2020 at 10:59 PM, JBC344 said:

The biggest question is "Where the hell is Greta". There is no way in hell Gina wouldn't of arranged for Greta to be in Salem by now. Or when Gina was revealed, Jack would of immediately got in touch with his former best friend to let her know what was going on. 

The more interesting plot would of been for Gina while pretending to be Hope lured Greta back to Salem while she was living with John. That was always her goal for her and Greta to be a family with John.

That was the goal since the writers have clearly forgotten that Gina did get over John and fell madly in love with Bo, but we are not supposed to mention that since it messes with their inaccurate plot. 

BOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATS , YOU HAVE just showed that you are a better writer than carlivati,the hack.

• Love 2

So it really is Hope.

Nononononono, Nicole got herself a Karen haircut.

Why does idiot Eric never question Nicole when she's acting shady?

I wonder if Ciara is going to wonder if she can compete with Will in the bed.

Funny how Xander is always able to find a corrupt hospital worker.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
14 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Why does idiot Eric never question Nicole when she's acting shady?

When isn't she acting shady? When the truth comes out, Eric shouldn't be surprised if he finds out about her suspicions.

So Will and Sonny are happily living at the Kiriakis mansion with no hard feelings towards Victor.

• Love 2