Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I did see signs that Jenn was sympathetic and concerned for JJ, but then it turned back into anger at Eve. Man, I hope Casey Moss's emmy nom reel includes the last few days. He's been heroic in an awful, awful storyline. I wanted to reach into my TV, push Jenn away and give him a motherly hug. But as if you all can't tell by now, I'm kind of easy : )

• Love 5

If Jenn truly is going to blackmail Eve into letting Paige and JJ get back together (I am inferring all of that from the last line yesterday, so I may be way off), then she and Eve are on the same level. If Jenn gave the slightest crap about Paige, she wouldn't want JJ anywhere near her.  He is totally screwed up right now! If she gave the slightest crap about JJ - same thing - no Paige, more like intensive therapy, and somewhere other than his mom's living room. It's funny, because Jenn thinks that Eve's actions are all about getting at her (Jenn), when in fact I have not seen that from Eve at all. What I see is that everything Jenn is doing is out of hatred for Eve, not the other way around. Eve seems to be all about herself, and Jenn seems to be all about Eve.

Eve and JJ rival each other in the self-loathing department.

• Love 9

I did see signs that Jenn was sympathetic and concerned for JJ, but then it turned back into anger at Eve. Man, I hope Casey Moss's emmy nom reel includes the last few days. He's been heroic in an awful, awful storyline. I wanted to reach into my TV, push Jenn away and give him a motherly hug. But as if you all can't tell by now, I'm kind of easy : )

I saw flashes too, but then...the "me, me, me" and the "Paige, Paige, Paige" stuff crept right back in. And yes, I was yelling for her to give him a damned hug already.

I'm kinda mad at Show for making Nicole all snippy towards Theresa. I almost get why, if for no other reason than Nicole is protective of Brady, but those two could've made a great team. I'm so over Ann by now, why can't we have Theresa and Nicole tossing back drinks and bitching about the rest of Salem?

• Love 3

If Jenn truly is going to blackmail Eve into letting Paige and JJ get back together (I am inferring all of that from the last line yesterday, so I may be way off), then she and Eve are on the same level. If Jenn gave the slightest crap about Paige, she wouldn't want JJ anywhere near her.  He is totally screwed up right now! If she gave the slightest crap about JJ - same thing - no Paige, more like intensive therapy, and somewhere other than his mom's living room. It's funny, because Jenn thinks that Eve's actions are all about getting at her (Jenn), when in fact I have not seen that from Eve at all. What I see is that everything Jenn is doing is out of hatred for Eve, not the other way around. Eve seems to be all about herself, and Jenn seems to be all about Eve.

Eve and JJ rival each other in the self-loathing department.

Excellent point. There has been nothing in the entire JJ/Eve affair that suggested to me that Eve was doing any of it to get at Jen. The focus all along has been Paige... which is weird enough... but JJ/Eve first slept together from Eve's side of it in a gigantic self-pity sobfest and she was immediately disgusted with herself and kind of has been all along. Jen hasn't come into it at all until the very end when Jen stormed into Eve's apartment to blast her for... whatever...  existing and that was the only time Eve was even tempted to dangle it in Jen's face. And the confrontation certainly didn't start out that way, either... it was just due to Jen hissing at Eve the whole time.

It's funny in a way that Jen thinks this is all about her when she never really came into it at all. JJ was right in that it was about Paige more than anything but Jen just doesn't want to hear it.

And if Jen does blackmail Eve into pushing Paige and JJ together again... then Ms Holy Horton can have a thousand seats because that is so beyond fucked up. And probably some myopic view that it will help JJ. "JJ will feel better if he gets back together with Paige even though he's been banging her Mom so that is what's going to happen! Who cares what Paige thinks about any of it?"

Ugly.

• Love 7

Seems to me that if Jen was any sort of sane mother, she would quietly back out the door once she saw her son in a very intimate position with a woman -regardless of who the woman was- and confront said son later. Give him hell then...even go see the woman and confront her. But to run into the room shrieking like an insane harpy? Throwing yourself on the woman while she is pretty  much at your mercy while your young basically naked son tries to pull you off?!!

This is twisted. Jen is completely whacked.

And then she makes it all about her. ME ME ME! Just shut it Jen. You are so messed up!!!

I just didn't find this funny or even really entertaining. I've had enough of the "Sanctimonious of Salem" never realizing that they really have no room to judge and coming out on top.

And so, I ask myself, why am I watching soaps? Anymore I think it's just habit.Of course there are actors I've been watching for decades....certainly not for the writing.

(I have to say that KDP & CM have worked their darnedest to sell this ridic story line. Would not even bother if it weren't for their efforts.)

• Love 6

Ridiculous! Jennifer should want JJ and Paige as far away from each other as possible. He would still be in Eve's orbit. He may say that he hates Eve, but he sought her out and was an equal participant. Jennifer is doing this to get back at Eve and is overlooking the welfare of JJ and Paige. Can't wait for it to blow up in their faces.  Though Eve will still get all of the blame. 

The only reason why she cares about JJ sleeping with Eve is because it negatively affected Jennifer. She didn't care about the "morality" of it when it was a nameless/faceless person.  She also didn't about Sami or EJ, so go for it Abs.  What Abifail did to Carrie and Austin is far worse than JJ's indiscretion, but that only got a shrug and "she said she was sorry." Jennifer is just happy to one-up Eve.

Also, Jennifer does not need to pay more attention to JJ, she is so invasive that she caught him mid-sex.  Maybe if she was an actual parent when he was younger he would trust her and want to tell her things. 

Jennifer can allude to JJ causing trouble in her and Dan's relationship as Dannifer's downfall, but they were too sanctimonious and self-absorbed to be a couple. Get over it Jennifer and move on with your life. The only reason I'm still holding out hope for JJ to continue being an interesting character is that story line. 

I just continue to wonder, are we supposed to be supporting Jennifer in this? This is insane. Paige needs to turn and run. She is kind of pathetic if she jumps at the chance to get back with someone who has been breaking up with her longer than they were together. 

Also, the whole Brady/Mel/Theresa triangle is whack. It seems like he is only mad at Melanie because he asked her to stay away from Theresa not because he has a vested interest in Theresa's well-being. Melanie needed to inform Theresa of what was going on with Clint or stay the hell out of her business. She's being nosy, not trying to be a friend.  

I hate that Mel, Abigail, and Nicole ganged up on Theresa. Theresa and Melanie make sense as friends (well minus the whole Mel upholding the honor of Dan/Jen), they should be rolling their eyes at Abifail.  If Eric can overlook Daniel almost sleeping with Kristen and Daniel can seem friendly with Rafe covering for Gabby after she unknowingly facilitated and then knowingly covered up Mel's kidnapping, Mel can overlook Theresa's past relationship with Daniel. It's weird because they both seem to make moves towards being friendly or somewhat concerned about each other and then the other one blows it. 

• Love 4

I keep forgetting to mention Nicole! She has practically no interaction with anyone but herself these days -- all of that talking to herself must be driving her nuts. 

I also find it funny how everyone just drops in on each other -- I never, ever do that in real life. Especially my daughter and her boyfriend who are living together -- they laugh at me because I insist on knocking on their door instead of walking right in. (Hear that, Jenn?)  Of course, I don't live in a soap. 

• Love 3

Ridiculous! Jennifer should want JJ and Paige as far away from each other as possible. He would still be in Eve's orbit. He may say that he hates Eve, but he sought her out and was an equal participant. Jennifer is doing this to get back at Eve and is overlooking the welfare of JJ and Paige. Can't wait for it to blow up in their faces.  Though Eve will still get all of the blame. 

I just continue to wonder, are we supposed to be supporting Jennifer in this? This is insane. Paige needs to turn and run. She is kind of pathetic if she jumps at the chance to get back with someone who has been breaking up with her longer than they were together. 

Can you imagine? I mean, I guess what we're about to get is some sort of reconciliation between JJ/Paige with Jen strong-arming Eve to stay the fuck out of it... so at this point, I have to believe that Paige isn't going to find out the truth until she has sex with JJ and that's just going to be so so very fucked up.

I just picture this whole thing where someone finally confesses... I'd love for it to be Eve... for her to finally have enough of Jen's shit and go 'I don't know why she wants you and JJ together so badly especially after she walked in on JJ and me having sex!' Eve is messed up and sleeping with her daughter's ex-boyfriend is soapy-bad but the mere idea of the alleged "good woman" in this situation pushing a pairing back together knowing what JJ did with Eve is even more messed up. Say what you will about Eve but she knew damn well that sleeping with JJ resulted in a "NO GOOD FOR PAIGE EVER" stamp. Not a "SURE, LET THE TEENS HAVE ANOTHER GO, THIS WILL END WELL" piece of absolute insanity.

But then... I don't get these writers at all. If my boyfriend has sex with any member of my family... he's no longer boyfriend material. Period. If a guy is dating or was dating a member of my family and then starts in with another member, he is a parasite that needs to be eradicated... not brought into the fold again! I know it's not necessarily wise to apply real world logic to soaps but... I cannot in any way believe that the designated "Good" person in this scenario is encouraging a JJ/Paige reconciliation after finding JJ in bed with Eve. It comes down to this: she has no fucks to give about Paige at all and she wants to screw Eve over by giving JJ what he allegedly wants.

That's fucked up. Sorry Show. Jen is officially as messed up as Eve and probably even more so. At least no one ever suggested to me that Eve was in the right.

• Love 9

Does Nicole not have a phone? All she has done for two or three shows now is walk around town and knock on peoples' doors. 

That's usually Victor's modus operandi -- but he's Victor, so it works for him. She needs friends badly, but just dropping by unannounced isn't going to help this situation. At least give her a squirrel or cat or something to talk to as she sits in the park, thinking out loud.

• Love 3

Wow. Jennifer was sporting some crazy eyes, wasn't she? This story is so whacked out that I find myself rooting for JJ and Eve. CM and KDP are doing an excellent job of showcasing the self-loathing the characters possess, and I can see why they would turn to each other. Unhealthy, of course. However, they would be the type of characters who would do that. The fact that JJ and Eve have FAR more chemistry than JJ and Paige says a whole lot. The latter I couldn't care less about.

How ridiculous of Jennifer to suggest that JJ and Paige get back together after catching JJ with her mother? Like, what rational parent would suggest that? Seriously. You know what, let Paige find out. If she want's to be all high and mighty and front like she's a big girl, then maybe she needs to put her big girl panties on and deal with this.

• Love 8

Jennifer lied to JJ about grieving when Jack died.  Two days later she was trying to bang Daniel.

Raccoon Jen is just annoying and judgmental. Abifail has mental issues and is probably a sociopath. 

IA,  EJ had to practically use a cro bar to get rid of sociopath.

• Love 3
(edited)

That's usually Victor's modus operandi -- but he's Victor, so it works for him. She needs friends badly, but just dropping by unannounced isn't going to help this situation. At least give her a squirrel or cat or something to talk to as she sits in the park, thinking out loud.

With Nicole's luck, the squirrel and cat would start dissing her for something or other.  And then probably run off in Disney mode to whip up a new dress for Melanie to wear to the ball.  

Wow. Jennifer was sporting some crazy eyes, wasn't she? T

Well, she's been encased head to to in her Batgirl outfit for about a week now and probably needs a pee break desperately.  

Except, she always looks like that.....

Edited by boes
  • Love 4

Theresa is acting like a fucking brat and it's times like these when I have no sympathy for her. Why can't she ever just shut the fuck up and walk away instead of constantly getting into arguments. It's not like this is just happening with Melanie, Theresa spews her venom at practically everyone she comes into contact with even when they aren't bothering her. Maybe Melanie and Nicole should take Theresa's helpful advice and mind their own business so Theresa and Brady never get their damn baby back. 

Raccoon Jen is absolutely disgusting and sickening and a horrendous mother. Suddenly Southern should have stabbed her in the face. 

I wish the show would present one even flimsy reason why Jennifer still wants JJ & Paige to get back together. The writing isn't there, and Melissa Reeves is playing Jennifer as completely crazy. I truly do not understand Jennifer's motivations.

I suppose it would be a bit excusable if CM & TO had out of this world chemistry, or even if Paige was interesting, but they don't and she isn't.

Abigail hooffing into the middle of Teresa & Melanie's fight was ridiculous. Even when technically correct, Abigail comes across as childish and judgemental.

• Love 5

At this point, I can only assume that Jennifer wants JJ/Paige together solely because Eve is against it. And that? Is full on garbage person rationalizations. Eve's reasons for wanting Paige and JJ apart were... tenuous. But she also had legitimate reasoning in JJ's recent history with drugs and Paige using Eve's money situation as an excuse to put off Stanford so she can hang around her brand new boyfriend of not even a month. Eve had weird issues with Jack for some reason and put them onto JJ, had issues with Jennifer... and, you know, having issues with a parent of the young man your daughter is involved with -- there's a logic in perhaps not wanting said daughter with said young man because that's just going to cause problems with the in-laws don't get along. And, besides, JJ/Paige were nowhere near that serious in their relationship.

The fact is that Jennifer's decisions right now are making Eve's look well thought out, reasoned and logical. How messed up is that?

Seriously, though, Jen's motivation here is all Eve based. JJ/Paige don't matter save for that their being together upsets Eve. Who cares how monumentally fucked up it is for Jen to be encouraging this relationship at all at this stage? It bugs Eve and that's the only reason she's doing it!

And she's supposed to be the good guy. Riiiiight.

• Love 3

Does Nicole not have a phone? All she has done for two or three shows now is walk around town and knock on peoples' doors. 

She's probably afraid people won't answer their phones when they see who's calling.  Unfortunately.

• Love 3
(edited)

I don't understand why  Jennifer would want JJ back with lima bean, She should have told JJ to tell her the truth and move on with his life. This lying is out of character for Jennifer...This is why  these writers got fired, they write nonsensical stories to the detriment of the characters. Old school Jennifer would never blackmail Eve. Just like old school Eve would never have done that to her daughter due to her strain relationships with her parents....When the viewers know the characters better than the writers who are writing the show. Then the show is in big trouble. All of the characters have been marginalized for the sake of plots and that is sad.....Will has become a douchebag, when he was a  flawed nice guy, Victor is a wimp, Nicole is a crybaby, when she was a fighter..Maggie has become a self-righteous nag, Sonny is weak..Jennifer is a bitch and her kids are horrid....I hope the new writers fix this hot mess....They have 50 years of history, why do they refuse to mine that and give us great stories. Instead they concentrate on useless characters like Melanie and Daniel...I hope that when Chloe comes back, I hope that it is revealed that Parker is really Philip's and that Chloe lied to keep him from Kate..Parker should be a Kiriakis, he would fit in with Arianna, who is one through Sonny..We need more of them via Philip,Alex, Joseph and Victor Jr. Even Sonny can be pulled into the corporate intrigue. Somebody needs to take over for Victor. I hope Sparkle is a Dimera and not John's.....Sparkle being a Black is not interesting to me. Being a Dimera would be;how would Stefano react to having a gay son? How would Sparkle get along with Kristen, Chad, Ej, e.t.c...Cameron also needs to be a Dimera as well. They need to rebuild the Horton, Kiriakis, Brady and Dimera families, while slowly incorporating new characters into the show. I think Kate Roberts was the last time that the show successfully integrated a new character in the show..From Kate, we got Lucas, Austin, Billie, and Philip. Her introduction was great and made sense within the history of the show...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

When did Eve get her keys back and how did she know Jennifer had them?  Did I miss something?

No, Eve, Jennifer doesn't hide her crazy.

Jennifer, stop talking about Eve being on her knees.

God, Jennifer is vicious.

• Love 3

When did Eve get her keys back and how did she know Jennifer had them?  Did I miss something?

Jennifer threw Eve's keys at her right before she stormed out of the hotel room.

(edited)

Sorry.  Double post.

At this point, I can only assume that Jennifer wants JJ/Paige together solely because Eve is against it. And that? Is full on garbage person rationalizations. Eve's reasons for wanting Paige and JJ apart were... tenuous. But she also had legitimate reasoning in JJ's recent history with drugs and Paige using Eve's money situation as an excuse to put off Stanford so she can hang around her brand new boyfriend of not even a month. Eve had weird issues with Jack for some reason and put them onto JJ, had issues with Jennifer... and, you know, having issues with a parent of the young man your daughter is involved with -- there's a logic in perhaps not wanting said daughter with said young man because that's just going to cause problems with the in-laws don't get along. And, besides, JJ/Paige were nowhere near that serious in their relationship.

The fact is that Jennifer's decisions right now are making Eve's look well thought out, reasoned and logical. How messed up is that?

Seriously, though, Jen's motivation here is all Eve based. JJ/Paige don't matter save for that their being together upsets Eve. Who cares how monumentally fucked up it is for Jen to be encouraging this relationship at all at this stage? It bugs Eve and that's the only reason she's doing it!

And she's supposed to be the good guy. Riiiiight.

I don't agree.  While I do think Jennifer wants J.J. and Paige to get back together, I don't necessarily think it's because of Eve.  And I don't necessarily think that she finds them being together a requirement or a priority.  She did say that J.J. could easily meet another girl, after all.  I simply think that she wants them to get a chance to work things out and decide on what they'll do on their own.  Almost every step of the way, Eve's the one who's tried to influence whether or not they were together when it should've been up to them.  She should've let things play out between them rather than interfering, like Jennifer did (at least in the early months of their relationship).  But she couldn't do that.  I saw it as Jennifer simply trying to get Eve to let J.J. and Paige sort things out without either of their interference.  That's indeed what Eve took away from them and did everything to take away from them from the very start.  Honestly, I don't blame her for finally reaching her wits' end with Eve's actions.

That's my piece, and I'm sticking to it.  Someone's gotta back Jennifer up in some way, and I might as well be the one to do it.

Edited by Donny Ketchum
  • Love 1

It's not like JJ and Lima Bean had some epic love story. They had a little puppy love relationship that lasted a few months. Why do they need to be given the chance to work things out? Why do they need to get back together? Why can't they just cut their losses and move on.

• Love 10
(edited)

I don't think Eve slept with JJ to get back at Jennifer, but I can kind of see why Jennifer would jump to that conclusion. From the outside, Eve did everything she could to keep JJ and Paige apart, and the next logical question is "why"?. And if you're not inside Eve's head to know exactly what she was thinking when she was coming up with those plots  and you assume she's not totally dumb (which I think she is but Jennifer apparently doesn't), and THEN you find her in bed with your son, I suppose one would wonder why she had done all that plotting. There's one of two things you could assume:  a) Eve is like Sami and JJ is her Austin or b) she wants to get back at Jennifer.  I don't think assumptions about Eve would have been made if Eve had just met JJ at a Starbucks and then fallen into bed with him. She fell into  bed with him after actively plotting the demise of her daughter's relationship with him, which probably leaves Jennifer thinking that there was something more sinister going on from Eve's end than there actually was. The one other assumption I can think of that Jennifer could have come up with is that Eve slept with JJ to keep JJ and Paige apart, but Jennifer is probably giving credit to Eve for loving her daughter on some level, so we're back to the "it's about me!" conclusion.

I'm actually surprised Jennifer hasn't assumed that Eve is obsessed with her son like Sami was obsessed with Austin (because who plots the demise of a relationship between two teenagers unless you want the guy yourself?), which I think would be worse than thinking she's trying to get back at Jennifer, but since Jennifer isn't into 20 year olds  - and most other 50 year olds aren't, I don't think - I suppose I can see how her thought process wouldn't lead her to the Sami wanna-be conclusion but rather the "it's all about me, me, me!" conclusion. 

Jennifer probably can't wrap her head around the idea that Eve is actually into her son, and possibly vice versa, but since we can't either, I don't think I can totally blame her for not thinking that. Despite the physical attractiveness of both Eve and JJ, even we're going "wtf - why are they having sex?"  ( we got to see all and the action of Eve looking aroused and yet we're still going "wtf.")

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3
Seems to me that if Jen was any sort of sane mother, she would quietly back out the door once she saw her son in a very intimate position with a woman -regardless of who the woman was- and confront said son later. Give him hell then...even go see the woman and confront her. But to run into the room shrieking like an insane harpy? Throwing yourself on the woman while she is pretty  much at your mercy while your young basically naked son tries to pull you off?!!

This is twisted. Jen is completely whacked.

I'm not surprised with Jocasta's reaction.  She saw JJ and Eve together, and flew into a jealous rage.

• Love 2

With those big gemstone earrings and polished short hair are the trying to make Nicole look like Princess Di in her last years?

GMAFB a 5 year old is obsessed with some fake antique elephants statue with a wood base instead of Legos or action figures?

Jennifer is certifiably insane. Her and JJ's relationship reminds me of the movie Only the Lonely or the mom of Alison's bf in Peyton Place . Besides her death grip control on her sons heart, libido, decisions, conscience is does se realize he's over 18 and gave his willing consent? Repeatedly.

Shrewena /Melissa Archer looked gorgeous with that tight emerald green dress and flowing dark red wavey hair.

Brady is such a caveman Neanderthal carrying Teresa away in 1 hand. Teresa looked very pretty today too.

When they do Lima Beans hair like that it emphazizes her inside of a spoon bone structure. This character is really annoying.

Parker looks like he's seven but his behavior ad diologue is 4 or 5. Maybe age appropriate actors cost too much or took too much time?

• Love 5
(edited)

The writing for Jennifer isn't good exactly, but MR seems to be enjoying herself in this storyline and bouncing off of KDP way more than having to act opposite Daniel's spray tan. She even looked way more enthused jumping on top of KDP than SC. 

I also think the potential blackmail plan is stupid and weird, but I wonder if the writers wrote that in so that we can take sick pleasure in watching Eve squirm as JJ makes out with Paige. She seems to have feelings for JJ so it's probably going to be weird for her in a different context now. And I am curious to see her reaction even if the plan is morally flawed and makes Jennifer seem sort of odd. I do think Eve stupidly put Jennifer in the driver seat by not controlling herself with JJ. She could have easily hid the sex if she hadn't gotten weird and desperate about the Roxanne stuff.

Edited to add:

Jennifer seemed to come up with her weird plan to put JJ and Paige back together after JJ said "I don't deserve to be happy." So I think on some level there might be genuine concern for her son, even if her plan doesn't really make sense because of the whole sleeping with the mother's girlfriend stupidity from JJ. But something about what he said seemed to strike her at in the same way it's striking us. I think KDP is doing what she can with the material, but I don't think I've heard a line like that from Eve.  

Maybe Eve should take Paige's advice and leave town. That's the only way I can see the sex stuff  never being found out. 

On some other notes...

For Abigail's smirk alone, I hope Teresa gets Brady.

Oh come on, Parker, break the darn elephant! Do it for mama!

Edited by bantering
  • Love 5

It's time for this show to rehab itself because TIIC aren't going to.  Show needs to send Jenn to an asylum.  Paige to Stanford. Eve back to wherever.  JJ can move in with Justin and Adrienne.  Sonny can return to Salem with Alex (his brother), and they can get a place together.  Recast Will.

Jen Lilley is a good actress so they just need to tone down Theresa.  Bring back Chelsea and Stephanie.  Joey is about to be sorased so now would be a good time for Stephanie to return.

Bring back Phillip and make Parker his son.  Stefano switched the paternity results because he had nothing better to do that day.  Dan and Melanie go back to wherever Melanie was.  Slappy can go with them or drop dead either works.

Mickey turns up alive.  Stefano kidnapped him and was holding him prisoner.  Stefano has done it to almost everyone else in Salem.  It was Mickey's turn.  Mickey and Maggie reunite and are never seen again.

Kate gets back together with Victor.

Bo and Steve return to Salem and have to win back Hope and Kayla by promising to never let the writers try to ruin their characters again.

Sami returns to Salem with her children and gets back together with Lucas. 

Theresa gets her baby back from Kristen.  Kristen gets the elephant, and takes it to Stefano.  It blows up and kills Stefano and Kristen.  Chad gets the chip out of his head.  Eric gets the stick out of his ass.  Brady gets a brain.

• Love 11

The writing for Jennifer isn't good exactly, but MR seems to be enjoying herself in this storyline and bouncing off of KDP way more than having to act opposite Daniel's spray tan. She even looked way more enthused jumping on top of KDP than SC. 

I also think the potential blackmail plan is stupid and weird, but I wonder if the writers wrote that in so that we can take sick pleasure in watching Eve squirm as JJ makes out with Paige. She seems to have feelings for JJ so it's probably going to be weird for her in a different context now. And I am curious to see her reaction even if the plan is morally flawed and makes Jennifer seem sort of odd. I do think Eve stupidly put Jennifer in the driver seat by not controlling herself with JJ. She could have easily hid the sex if she hadn't gotten weird and desperate about the Roxanne stuff.

Edited to add:

Jennifer seemed to come up with her weird plan to put JJ and Paige back together after JJ said "I don't deserve to be happy." So I think on some level there might be genuine concern for her son, even if her plan doesn't really make sense because of the whole sleeping with the mother's girlfriend stupidity from JJ. But something about what he said seemed to strike her at in the same way it's striking us. I think KDP is doing what she can with the material, but I don't think I've heard a line like that from Eve.  

Maybe Eve should take Paige's advice and leave town. That's the only way I can see the sex stuff  never being found out. 

On some other notes...

What gives Abigail the right to judge anyone imo.

• Love 2

Maybe Eve should take Paige's advice and leave town. That's the only way I can see the sex stuff  never being found out.

Eve needs to tell the truth and get it over with. If she doesn't JJ is eventually going to crack and spill his guts and/or slit his wrists. Plus, does she really think raccoon Jen is going to keep quiet forever?

• Love 3
(edited)

Nicole really needs to get her head out of the clouds and take a crash landing into reality. WTF Nicole, "Theresa is out of control." Girl, just when I was about to feel sorry for her, she always does some dumb shit. Harassing Toothy? GTFO Nicole. Toothy has been a bully to Theresa, so she gives as she gets. 

Judgy just STFU, she really can't make a sentence without saying I or Me. Saying she's the adult, well WTF is JJ now? Also not excusing it might as well excuse it since she excused AbiFail opening her legs to EJ and turned a blind eye to the Austin thing as well. Writers trying to go for a tender mother/son moment and it just fell on deaf ears. Judgy can take her dookie braid and shove it up her ass. Tell Jar Jar, she's not gonna judge you. Oh please Judgy, do you know your damn children at all? Judgy resorts to blackmail so that JJ can get together with Lima Bean. Resorting to blackmail to get JJ in a relationship. Wow, just mother of the year isn't she?

Damn Suddenly Southern, just keep on lying to that wet dishrag daughter of yours. Constant repeat with Suddenly Southern wanting to get out of Salem. Bitch, would you just leave already. Stupid to sit her ass there and let Judgy blackmail her. Dumbass.

Jar Jar Bitch, STFU too. "Every word out of Theresa's mouth is a lie." How about some gems that came out of her wide open trap besides her toxic breath that's a weapon of mass destruction as well as what's between her legs. How about when Sami confronted her about the affair with EJ and she says, "It wasn't an affair." Oh really, what the hell was it then? Also when said to BOllie or Sonny, I can't remember who it was that Theresa was stalking Sparkles, when that was nowhere near true. Then she wants to give Theresa a smug look, I'm so sick to death of this bitch. Can someone just fucking nuke her ass?

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 4
(edited)

Is it weird that I find Teresa rather pleasant even when she's being mean to people? It must be Jen Lilley's glowing skin, her glossy hair, and her Younique mascara!

Edited by bantering
  • Love 11

Jennifer Rose wants to sic JJ on Paige even though JJ slept with Eve. Who is using whose kid now? That is so twisted and gross.

That said, I DON'T CARE. Jennifer Rose is finally entertaining again. Yesterday was bad, but today she jumped right back on the bitch train from Tuesday, and I love it. Kudos to Melissa Reeves.

• Love 3

Nicole really needs to get her head out of the clouds and take a crash landing into reality. WTF Nicole, "Theresa is out of control." Girl, just when I was about to feel sorry for her, she always does some dumb shit. Harassing Toothy? GTFO Nicole. Toothy has been a bully to Theresa, so she gives as she gets. 

Judgy just STFU, she really can't make a sentence without saying I or Me. Saying she's the adult, well WTF is JJ now? Also not excusing it might as well excuse it since she excused AbiFail opening her legs to EJ and turned a blind eye to the Austin thing as well. Writers trying to go for a tender mother/son moment and it just fell on deaf ears. Judgy can take her dookie braid and shove it up her ass. Tell Jar Jar, she's not gonna judge you. Oh please Judgy, do you know your damn children at all? Judgy resorts to blackmail so that JJ can get together with Lima Bean. Resorting to blackmail to get JJ in a relationship. Wow, just mother of the year isn't she?

Damn Suddenly Southern, just keep on lying to that wet dishrag daughter of yours. Constant repeat with Suddenly Southern wanting to get out of Salem. Bitch, would you just leave already. Stupid to sit her ass there and let Judgy blackmail her. Dumbass.

Jar Jar Bitch, STFU too. "Every word out of Theresa's mouth is a lie." How about some gems that came out of her wide open trap besides her toxic breath that's a weapon of mass destruction as well as what's between her legs. How about when Sami confronted her about the affair with EJ and she says, "It wasn't an affair." Oh really, what the hell was it then? Also when said to BOllie or Sonny, I can't remember who it was that Theresa was stalking Sparkles, when that was nowhere near true. Then she wants to give Theresa a smug look, I'm so sick to death of this bitch. Can someone just fucking nuke her ass?

Makes me wonder what Abigail would consider an affair.  Certainly was not a one night stand.

• Love 1
(edited)

Since Jack slept with Jennifer's mother, I wonder if that's why she doesn't think it's weird for JJ to get back together with Paige. Except Jack didn't know that was Jennifer's mother when he did it with her....now that I think about it the weird way they got together was similar to the way Paul and Will got together (apparently neither Jack nor her mom knew the other existed and never saw a photo of the other?). 

I just remembered that Jennifer also walked in on Jack and her mom while they were on the bed, and she was really mad about it, but she didn't jump on her mom to smother her to death....I guess she was calmer back then...

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2
(edited)

You know, the hell with it.  After all Jenn's loathesome nuttiness today, I hope Eve and JJ do it in the Square at lunch, do it in Gram and Grampa Horton's bed at breakfast, drop down and give 'em five at Mass on Sunday, kick Maxine out of the nursing station and do it on the desk and push Dan aside in the operating theater and do it on the table.  

And I hope they then upload it all to YouTube and dedicate it to Jenn.

What an obnoxious nutjob she is.  

And yet in the past few days she's managed to pretty much stifle the ICK factor in Eve and JJ's sex romp because the EWWWW factor in her reaction - and especially her using this to blatantly manipulate her son makes the whole affair itself seem like a real "who gives a crap" thing to me.  She's castrated her own son and smiled while she did it.  And now she sees the chance - as she so eloquently explained in her last scenes with Eve - to finally pay her back for every wrong Eve has done to her.  Bullshit on her giving even the tiniest shit about JJ because she doesn't.  She calls Eve "obsessed", and sometimes she is.  But the REAL obsessive here is Jenn and obviously always has been.  And when you look back on her behavior with Daniel after they broke up, and her reaction to Nicole a whlle back, Jenn slips into obsessive and vicious at the drop of a hat.  She's a mean one - and a liar, too.

Jennifer is certifiably insane. Her and JJ's relationship reminds me of the movie Only the Lonely or the mom of Alison's bf in Peyton Place . Besides her death grip control on her sons heart, libido, decisions, conscience is does se realize he's over 18 and gave his willing consent? Repeatedly.

So she doesn't like the woman her son is banging.   Too friggin' bad.  If just once - just ONCE - we'd heard her tell JJ she was worried about his mental and emotional state with him involved with this particular person, I might think she was actually concerned about him.  But all I heard was her usual expectation that JJ live his life to glorify and satisfy HER, and blame him when he does something - or in this instance, someone - because his motivations are either to hurt her, or don't matter.  

No matter if, or how, JJ has been damaged by his BRIEF affair with Eve, the real damage to his psyche comes from being little more than an adjunct - and an unwelcome one at that, to this creature he has to call his mother.  She does not give a rats ass about him, not at all.  

And she doesn't care about JJ being happy with Paige, not really.  All she ultimately cares about is besting Eve.  She made that clear when she told Eve that she lied to JJ about not telling Paige, that she'd tell her if Eve didn't agree.  I haven't seen one genuinely loving action from her to JJ.  She makes any expression of affection or praise conditional on whether she "approves" or not.  

It would be lovely if finally both Abigail and Jenn were utterly defeated and left to moulder like the mother and daughter in Grey Gardens.  Except even then they wouldn't have the same class Big Edie and Little Edie had.  They be more like Marge Simpson's sisters, Patty and Selma.

Theresa gets her baby back from Kristen.  Kristen gets the elephant, and takes it to Stefano.  It blows up and kills Stefano and Kristen.  Chad gets the chip out of his head.  Eric gets the stick out of his ass.  Brady gets a brain.

I love it all, but man it would be sweet to see Stefano and Kristen blow up!  With Kristen around, all that silicone would really stoke the fire, too.

I don't know, though, if it's even possible to safely remove that stick up Eric's ass.  I think it's the only thing that keeps his brain from falling out.  Remove that plug at your own risk.

He had some nerve today lecturing Theresa, based on a visit from Nicole.  What the hell does he even know about Theresa's life these days, other than whatever gossip he hears from the Horton coven?  

Elephant or no elephant, when this storyline wraps up, Serena CANNOT be stuck with this dweeb.  He's about as interesting as watching paint dry, and has less sex appeal than Jenn in her Batgirl outfit.  Or Abigail in anything.  Hell, Pappa Roman and his rug have more life than he does.

It's so nice that Brady thinks we're all living in the 16th century because that's the only reason I can think of that he thought it was okay to PICK UP THERESA, SLING HER OVER HIS SHOULDER, and carry her out of the room.  And the rest of the Neanderthals didn't even blink.  Are the writers of this show aware that women have recently been granted the right to vote, and are now considered to even have souls?  And brains?  Was this supposed to be endearing, or funny or something?  I wish Theresa had kicked him in the balls.  Not that they'd be easy to locate on that bonehead.

BUT, then later, when he was giving Mel the third degree, she blasted him for it.  Yet she said nothing when he manhandled Theresa.....different writers, or were they just less drunk when they wrote that scene?

I love Nicole, no matter how difficult Show makes that, but ENOUGH with the cute talking-to-herself, and MORE THAN ENOUGH with the not-cute I'm-so-dumb things she's been saying to everyone.  It annoys me to see her in constant apology mode with Eric and Dan, when she's worth 10 of each of them on a bad day.  

Salem is not a good town for a woman with a brain and a backbone.

Edited by boes
  • Love 11

It might not be a popular thing to say, but I found crazy Jenn kind of .... hot. And she seemed to be really getting off on the idea of Eve being forced to her knees in front of her, so there's that. 

Mickey turns up alive.  Stefano kidnapped him and was holding him prisoner.  Stefano has done it to almost everyone else in Salem.  It was Mickey's turn.

This actually. In the 80s, Mickey was kidnapped by Stefano, everyone thought he was dead and when he finally escaped, Maggie had fallen into the sack with his law partner, Don Craig. Big mess.

Judgy also doesn't realize how this makes her look. How does she think Lima Bean is going to react when she found out Judgy knew and kept it a secret, just so they can get back together and fuel her revenge against Suddenly Southern? Lima Bean will see that Suddenly Southern is right about Judgy being mean and vindictive. Judgy fails to realize that JJ needs HELP not a damn RELATIONSHIP!! Where the fuck are Judgy's priorities when it comes to her minion children?

I mean being so desperate as to interfere in her son's sex life is really disgusting and shows this bitch needs help. Judgy, Shady Pines has a room all decked out and ready for you.

• Love 4

I know I am alone on this one, but I totallly get Jenn's motivation, based on what we know about her, and her hatred of Eve.  Plus, I find Eve to be despicable with really not one redeeming quality.  She's even nasty to Theresa, who has tried to sort of build a sister relationship (remember the xmas gift?).  Eve is horrid, so I truly enjoyed Jenn turning the tables on her. 

Now, in reality, Jenn's idea is all bad.  She should be putting distance between Eve/Paige and JJ, for his sake.  But I get why she is going there.

• Love 7

I know I am alone on this one, but I totallly get Jenn's motivation, based on what we know about her, and her hatred of Eve.  Plus, I find Eve to be despicable with really not one redeeming quality.  She's even nasty to Theresa, who has tried to sort of build a sister relationship (remember the xmas gift?).  Eve is horrid, so I truly enjoyed Jenn turning the tables on her. 

Now, in reality, Jenn's idea is all bad.  She should be putting distance between Eve/Paige and JJ, for his sake.  But I get why she is going there.

You're not alone.  I get it, too.  I just think the hate for Jennifer is so strong, no one's willing to look at it from her point of view, even for a minute.  But I understand and even offered my own perspective earlier today.  I don't think blackmailing Eve is going to end well, but the discovery is still fairly fresh for Jennifer, so I can allow her to go a tad nuts over it.

• Love 1

I don't think you're alone at all in you thoughts.  And I think you're on to something with what Jenn's motivations are.  No matter what, I LOVE reading how other people see things differently than I do.  Although I myself see Jenn's face on every can of RAID,,,,,,and wouldn't find it hard to believe she was a sex worker for the Keebler Elves.....just look at Daniel...

(But I so hope you're right and Jenn's plan blows up).

• Love 2
(edited)

I think Jennifer is genuinely trying to help JJ (albeit in a  not well-thought out way) rather than simply trying to get back at Eve (although Jennifer might enjoy doing the yelling -- I sure am), or at least that's how I think MR is trying to play it -- I don't see her doing those weird things with her face that Abigail did when she was trying to get EJ to be with her.  Part of the reason I think that Jennifer naively thinks she's helping JJ is  because I don't think she has any idea that Eve might have actual feelings for JJ now. What is probably going to make Eve squirm now is seeing her daughter enjoy JJ's affection (she was so strange about Roxanne). That will hurt more than anything else, but Jennifer has no clue about any of that. She's not cluing into the fact that Eve may actually be attracted to JJ's  body and, uh, everything else.

I also think JJ has been fairly sympathetic when explaining himself and since I want the hurt for him to go away I can see how his mother would too. The one thing that does puzzle me is why she thinks Paige would want JJ after he's been with her mother, but like Eve, I guess she's naive enough to think no one will find out? But it seems she doesn't see JJ as a scumbag after hearing him out, but I don't either. He needs therapy but since Marlena is the only one in town, maybe Jennifer doesn't want to deal with THE FACE any more than Sami did.

Just as Eve can put a stop to all this by telling Paige what went on, I think JJ could tell Jennifer he doesn't want to be with Paige anymore to avoid any further fallout, but for some reason these two seem to be quite wimpy. 

Edited to add:

Even though JJ is over 18 and doesn't necessarily have to answer Jennifer as to who he's sleeping with, I DO THINK most 50 year old moms would be horrified at the idea of their son sleeping with a woman their age, and especially if the woman is the mother of their son's ex-girlfriend. I can't imagine anybody just brushing that off. This is the kind of issue I don't really see anybody being zen about. Even if you take away the age difference, you'd be wondering why your son didn't think it was illogical to sleep with his ex-girlfriend's mother. That's one of those things I don't think parents even need to sit down and tell their kids not do -- that's something you instinctively know you're not supposed to get entangled in. I always thought it was rather weird how Carrie and Sami as sisters used to swap boyfriends and no one seemed to think it was strange. Sure, everybody thought Sami's scheming was strange and wrong, but nobody seemed to actually think that Carrie getting married to Lucas (and possibly having his child while he already had a child with Sami???) and Sami getting married to Austin was weird. 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 5

I waver on Jennifer these days, but I don't think it's about sticking it to Eve (ew, bad choice of words) for her. JJ wants Paige, Paige is nice in that bland sort of way that a mother might like for her son's partner, so Jennifer wants JJ and Paige together. It's sick and it's twisted, but her interest in her kids' love lives is no worse than Kate's (and hey, at least she hasn't tried to kill Eve yet) or any other mother of adult children on the show. It's not even Maggie levels of gross yet. It's one of those what-in-the-hell-is-wrong-with-you-people-in-Salem kind of traits that I just have to accept.

The inappropriateness of it all aside, I'm less bothered by the way Jennifer is handling things than I was at first. It's awful when you compare it to how she dealt with Abby/EJ, but I think it's more what the situation calls for (ok, the situation calls for butting the hell out, but that's not going to ever happen, so....). If she'd had a similar reaction to Abby, we'd all have cheered her for it.

• Love 3

LOL, shesajar, I was just literally typing " I waver on Jenn" too,  when I saw your new reply pop up. I don't know if it's because the heroine of Jennifer's early years sticks with me so or what, but I'm having trouble seeing her in black and white. It's foolish to think that JJ and Paige can rebuild a relationship now, knowing what we know, but Jenn is probably thinking that they deserve a real shot. Beyond crazy, but I can also see how she'd want to make things better for the two of them. 

I know that it seems like JJ and Paige were together only briefly, but I remember what love was like in my late teens. (As I said before, I married that guy, so maybe I'm not one to weigh in on this. But I will anyway, lol.) Whether or not they're each other's true heart's desire? They weren't given the chance to find out for themselves, you know? 

• Love 3
(edited)

I understand what you all are saying about Jenn's motivations but her level of interference is too much for me.  Why she's so invested in her son's emotional life - a the level of actually manipulating events - is very offputting to me, to say the least.  In that regard, she's doing the same thing as Eve, except in reverse.  And her being "nice" about Paige is revealed to be nothing more than a ploy since she's ready to tell her about JJ and Eve at the drop of a hat if she doesn't get her way.

So if Show is trying to tell me - AGAIN - that Jenn is this good person, I don't see it.  Ultimately I don't see her as much better than Eve.  

But then again manipulative moms send me into the stratosphere, especially smug hypocritical ones like I see Jenn to be.

Edited by boes
  • Love 5