Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Jenn Lilley is awesome on twitter, she seems like a lot of fun. She is super tight with Anne in real life. The cast of Days seems to be a very tight group of people. They seem like they genuinely care and support each other. Some of them hang out with each other on the weekends. Freddie and Guy share a dressing room. They are close as well.  Deidre Hall's facebook is cool as well and the actress that plays Kate is good too..I also think True O'brien and Casey are dating in real life...I get a good vibe from the whole cast, unlike the cast of the young& the restless, that seems like a cesspool of negativity and egotists.....I will say that this board is awesome, because we can have debates and disagreements without nastiness and personal attacks...I have found people who are fans of EJ and Abifail out there, I was shocked...lol...Those two were nasty together..There are even people who want Will to get together with Sparkle...lol.. The dissatisfaction with the show seems to be universal across many different boards....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

Do Ben and Abigail have any fans? I notice KM tweets only Ejabby videos, but I can't figure out if that's because she's in mourning for a coupling that could have been or never was, or because Ben and Abigail have literally no fans.

• Love 3

Will and Sparkle would be very stupid if they were to sleep with each other again. They would both lose Sonny for good. I don't think that they will go there..Will will be trying to make up to Sonny for his infidelity and  Sparkle will be trying to show Sonny that he is a better man than his duplicitous husband..lol..I have read that Will and Lucas will be teaming up to find out who attacked Sonny and why, while Sonny is away with his brothers.  To answer your question Bantering, not too many people on other boards like Ben with Abifail, they want her with Chad....they call themselves, Chabby.... The tiny Will/Paul fanbase call themselves Horita or Pill....lol..I  think the name Horita was coined By Christopher himself. Dan is also universally reviled as well..So, we are not alone in our hatred of that disgusting character. I think the resentment comes from the way that Jack was destroyed in favor of him. Plus, he was given ties to the show via Maggie, Victor, Carly, Parker and Melanie....When it was not necessary to do so...New Characters can be integrated into the show without biological ties to existing characters....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5

Do Ben and Abigail have any fans? I notice KM tweets only Ejabby videos, but I can't figure out if that's because she's in mourning for a coupling that could have been or never was, or because Ben and Abigail have literally no fans.

JMo, but Abbigail being around EJ meant Mansi was on 24/7/365 a year and with Ben she is not on every day.  Being on everyday is what she is a fan of imo.

• Love 3

The people who don't like  Will and Guy Wilson's version of Will are sending him awful tweets on tweeter and are tagging Christopher and Freddie on them. The nastiness is out of control...My goodness, where does it end..People are using social media to spew their hatred...I feel bad for him. Some people cannot differentiate an actor from his character..Yvette Nicole Brown has stopped live tweeting once upon a time because she said the nastiness got to her. People were out of control on there with their cruelty....

• Love 2

Jen actually had the nerve to call Roxanne and interrogate her. Oh my god. What will that heifer do next? She is so creepy! No wonder JJ is so messed up. That poor kid. Every woman in his life save Roxanne is a complete harpy!

• Love 7

Not sure why rabies infected raccoon Jen hasn't been put down.

What will that heifer do next? She is so creepy!

If she walks in on JJ and Suddenly Southern mauling each other she'll probably secretly watch them go at it and then confront them when JJ finishes.

• Love 5

Billy Flynn favorited a tweet I made about him. I gotta say, I actually give a shit about Chad now. I couldn't say that before. Pretty much the only thing I thought OldChad had going for him was his homoerotic vibe with OldWill, which both actors definitely played with.

Casey and Chandler were roommates, I don't know if they still are or not.

Jenn Lilley is awesome on twitter, she seems like a lot of fun. She is super tight with Anne in real life. The cast of Days seems to be a very tight group of people. They seem like they genuinely care and support each other. Some of them hang out with each other on the weekends.

Jen and Eric Martsolf seem to spend a lot of time together on their off hours.  Yes, I know Eric is married, I'm not implying anything.

(edited)

If she walks in on JJ and Suddenly Southern mauling each other she'll probably secretly watch them go at it and then confront them when JJ finishes.

Is Suddenly Southern supposed to refer to Eve? Pretty interesting. Blair was once upon a time Suddenly Not-Asian.

I think my favorite nickname has to be Sparkle for Paul. He really does just sparkle in the best kind of way.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 1
(edited)

Re: Twitter

What's funny is that some actors find themselves falling guilty to the same  same lack of kindness they attribute to fans of couples.  Chrishelle Stause mocked Amanda Bynes --  who everybody now knows has been diagnosed of mental illness -- on Twitter. I  just find it kind of funny and weird at the same time  that what they think of as strange in some fans they fall guilty of doing themselves. Twitter unleashes something in everybody, including celebrities  themselves, although I don't know if they're aware of it, despite their complaints about the unkindness non-famous people might throw at them.  In CS's case, she's a bit of a minor celebrity in  being a soap actor, so her mocking of Amanda Bynes seemed sort of strange to me in light of how far her Twitter can extend because of her soap fame. Not all actors are guilty of this, but I found it ironic in CS's case, since she's a good friend of KM, who complained about the unkindness she had to endure on Twitter during the Ejabby storyline. She probably didn't like it when people were saying rude things to KM on Twitter, but here she was mocking Amanda Bynes directly to her Twitter.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1
Corday did not mean for EJami to be a supercouple but imo he sure intends for his Horton princess and Chad to be one. jmo

Ken Corday is trying to prove to the network that all the characters/actors/actresses are interchangeable, and replaceable.  Days comes up for renewal in 2016.  Advertisers look at ratings and Q scores when they buy advertising blocks, and advertising dollars is what pays for shows.  The ratings are down, Alison Sweeney had the number one Q score, JS had the number two Q score, and when they left advertisers left with them.

Alison Sweeney was on Days for over twenty years.  The only time she ever had a problem with an SL was when the writers had Sami shoot EJ in the head, when Sami cheated on Rafe, and when Sami was on the relationship merry-go-round in 2012.  However, she continued to play what was written for her.  AS has a great relationship with the network, has been directing at Days and GH, has a new movie coming out on Hallmark in May 2015, and has four commercials out.  In other words, AS doesn't need Days, even though she is close to most of the cast on Days (LK, DH, BD, GG, AZ, etc.), and cast who are no longer on Days (WN, CC, PM, etc).

Ken Corday is desperate to prove that Days doesn't need AS.  Just like he believed it didn't need Bo, Steve, Jack, Tony, etc.

• Love 4
(edited)

Does Corday not realize that the fans get invested in the characters and that is what keeps us watching. The man sounds like he is very incompetent in running a show..Give the fans what they want within reason of course...He has lost touch with his audience and that is why the ratings have fallen and continue to do so. For too long, he built the show around Sami, making her a heroine, when she is nothing of the sort..She is at best an anti-heroine....Corday is a hack, the fact that he rehired Higley is another manifestation of his incompetence...Claire Labine is a good writer, she was good on General Hospital..My only problem with her is that she can be too depressing..I am afraid that if she were to get hired at Days, she would kill off baby Ari to give Wilson more angst....Claire has done that before on other shows, She killed off a baby on Ryan's hope, BJ on General hospital and Blair and Patrick's baby on One life to live...They were great stories, but the shows became too depressing at time. She is a great writer that writes  compelling character driven stories, but, she would need a co-headwriter to balance her penchant of writing depressing stories....

One another note, the fans of Will/Paul also call themselves Wipa, it is pronounced as  'Whip-ahhh'...lol...Their fans think that they have great sexual chemistry together and that their sex scene in Sonny's fantasy was hot...lol

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

Ken Corday doesn't believe vets are important.  He doesn't believe any character over 40 is important.  The moron has actually come right out and said these things.  He also doesn't think the fans should have opinions.  He believes they should support whatever SL is written, and accept it.

Ken Corday can't make the claims about Alison Sweeney that he has tried to make about other actors/actresses that have left the show.  In a lot of instances, he claimed they were difficult to work with, not team players, etc.  If he tries to say that about AS, it will backfire just like it did when he said it about TP, SN, etc., especially since AS has very close ties to the network.

• Love 3

Look at how Ken Corday and his team treated Chandler Massey after he had announced prematurely to the soap press that he was not going to re-sign with the show...Chandler who gave them great performances with his coming out story and got them lots of good press, Emmys and other awards....If I am not mistaken, the gay storyline got them emmys for outstanding writing. Chandler did not deserve that crappy treatment..I have often wondered if Freddie resented Chandler for getting all of the attention and accolades during their time together as Wilson...He did not seem to be as close to him as he is with Guy now....Perhaps, Freddie prefers Guy because he does not get overshadowed by Guy, like he did with Chandler. The cheating storyline has gotten him lots of good press by everybody ....

(edited)

I watched a little bit of North and South with James Read (i.e Clyde) on Youtube. Hubba bubba - that dude was soooooooo handsome as a younger man! 

Why did they give this kind of nutso writing for Clyde? They got a real star in this actor, but turned his character into a gross freak (which wasn't necessary). What the.....

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

James Reade  was also on Charmed as the father of Prue, Piper and Phoebe...

He was? I don't remember that. I don't really remember them having a dad though. I loved that show. I wonder if it's on Netflix.

I wish the show would integrate Theresa more with the Bradys. She is the daughter of Kim and Shayne. They could bring Andrew into the show. She should be interacting with Will, Ari, Sonny, Hope, Marlena,Roman, Caroline, Kayla etc..I sometimes forget that she is related to them...It would be cool for her to be there for Will and Ari when Sonny is away.  It would make her more sympathetic and more human..She is always so angry and bitchy towards other people. I don't have a problem when she is directing it towards the self-righteous Hortons. It would be nice for the show to  nurse their history, instead of ignoring it or changing it to fit whatever plot that they are trying to advance at the moment....

• Love 4
(edited)

I don't know what genre Ken Corday thinks he is involved in, but according to him:  There is no point in doing action/adventure SLs because they don't have the budget for it.  He does not believe in super couples, and he does not write romance.  The family interactions can be kept to a minimum because that isn't what people want to see.  He wants to aim for the younger demographic so he wants the SLs to revolve around the teens and 20 year olds.  He thinks they can make all the character interchangeable so they can hire unknowns, and not have to pay them as much money.  He believes Dannifer is a great couple, and they should be the face of the show.  This guy so needs to stop giving interviews.

I also wonder if he has issues with women.  Ken Corday made a comment about how in the end women like Sami, Kate, Nicole, Theresa should always lose.  That women like them don't deserve to be happy.  No comments about men like Stefano, Victor, EJ, etc.

When Sami was with Lucas at the end of 2006 and in 2007, Corday said it was time for Sami go grow up, and prove she loved Lucas.  Sami had to make the ultimate sacrifice to save Lucas' life and show they could be together.  That's how he referred to EJ raping Sami.  Then when Sami was with Rafe, Corday said because Sami listened to Rafe, and did what he wanted, Sami was worthy of being with Rafe.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 4

I guess JJ and Lima Bean's love is suppose to be so great that it will draw in the young crowd but also have Cole, Daphne, Rory, and Bev who are in their 20s. You know day players who are suppose to draw the young crowd's interest because they have Stefano's pop up powers.

• Love 1

I don't think Ken Corday has a clue about what he is doing.  In 2008, he told the network he could increase ratings, and cut expenses by getting rid of vets (Marlena, John, Kayla, Steve), and dropping others to recurring.  Then in 2011 when Days was almost cancelled, he told the network he could increase ratings if they brought back former characters (John, Marlena, Carrie, Austin, Jack).  They tried to get TP (Tony) to return in 2010 and he turned them down.  Then six months later they killed Jack, and wrote out Austin and Carrie again.  NB left the show because she said Chloe had become unrecognizable to her as the character she played for 12 years.

• Love 4
(edited)

Ken Corday doesn't believe vets are important. He doesn't believe any character over 40 is important. The moron has actually come right out and said these things.

Right... because

I don't know what He believes Dannifer is a great couple, and they should be the face of the show. This guy so needs to stop giving interviews.

Makes perfect sense....

Of course I snipped the best part of Tiger's first post which discussed how the fans shouldn't have opinions. What Corday forgets is that our opinions are the only ones that matter. When enough of us get to the point that these characters and stories have become unbearable, there will no longer be an audience, and therefore, no income.

Edited by caprice
  • Love 5

Days is reminding me of the last years of Guiding Light, AMC, OLTL, etc.  The cutting of budgets, getting rid of actors/actresses because they don't want to pay their salaries, concentrating on only a few characters when there are other characters the fans want to see, bringing back former characters and then writing them out again, repetitive SLs, and my favorite - blaming the viewers for not being smart enough to understand the boring lame SLs.

• Love 7

I temporarily ventured onto another board...apparently there are people who like Abifail and actually thought Abifail/EJ could potentially become a real couple. Oh. 

If they also think KM is a good actress, then you were probably in Bizarro World ;):)

Watched today's episode and I am agog at Abby's "concern" for JJ:  "I know he's been upset and that's sad but"  Okay, there shouldn't be a "but" after talking about a loved one's obvious problems.  And I guess it's okay for Jen to evade Eve's privacy because she knows Eve's mean and destroyed JJ and Paige's epic love.

I also liked that Sonny is still annoyed at Paul's sleeping with Will but what has made Sonny well and truly pissed is that his husband cheated on him.  All of Sonny's anger is for Will which is where it should be and I think it will be a long time before Sonny forgives either of these jackasses.

It was also damn amusing hearing Will's bewildered contempt as he describes to Marlena why Sonny kept his realationship with Paul a secret, "So he's a man of his word!"  Sneasel can't quite comprehend how someone with loyalty and ethics actually acts can he?

Last;y, the actress who plays Paul's mom is pretty crappy.  Her look of stricken realization at hearing John Black's voice was straight from the School of Over the Top Soap Acting.  Holy cow but talk about painful!

• Love 5

Sneasel being all, "It's so terrible Sonny didn't tell me Paul was his ex.  It's his fault I cheated. Blah, blah, blah," actually makes sense to me.

Everyone has been covering for Will his entire life.  Lucas went to prison for Will.  Sami and Kate immediately forgave Will for selling them out to get his article.  Sami, Lucas, Kate, Sonny, etc., were doing everything they could to help Will when Nick was trying to take Ari.  Will isn't used to having to fend for himself, take responsibility for anything, or fight his own battles.

• Love 6

Sneasel being all, "It's so terrible Sonny didn't tell me Paul was his ex.  It's his fault I cheated. Blah, blah, blah," actually makes sense to me.

Everyone has been covering for Will his entire life.  Lucas went to prison for Will.  Sami and Kate immediately forgave Will for selling them out to get his article.  Sami, Lucas, Kate, Sonny, etc., were doing everything they could to help Will when Nick was trying to take Ari.  Will isn't used to having to fend for himself, take responsibility for anything, or fight his own battles.

This is so true. And every single time it happens, I hope that it ends up being the thing that jolts him (and those around him) into realizing what a dysfunctional mess has been created by all of this. Maybe Sonny will be the one to finally get him to see it?  

I think with Sami gone and CM not playing Will anymore, most of the emotional impact will be missing from that kind of story, but if they ever want to make Will into someone the viewers can root for again, they have to do something.

• Love 3

I temporarily ventured onto another board...apparently there are people who like Abifail and actually thought Abifail/EJ could potentially become a real couple. Oh. 

That always scares me when I find such alternate universes.

Jen's obsession with JJ and Paige scares me on so many levels. They're college freshmen. It's okay to not get tied down to one person at that age.

• Love 5
(edited)

So will John end up being Paul's dad? His mom obviously has a connection to him. John vs Marlena over her grandon's husband. Who will Sonny choose, Marlena's family or John's? lol No wonder writers were fired.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 1

How old was Jenn when she fell in love with Jack? Wasn't she with Frankie before that? And Jenn and Frankie weren't high school sweethearts the way the show wants to suggest now, correct? They were actually in college? So based on that, Jenn should be able to recognize that someone you loved in college isn't necessarily The One even though she and Frankie had a good run. I mean, most people would say that Jack was Jenn's One True Love, yes?

Look, I'm predisposed to sympathizing with a KDP character because she's just really good at projecting pain on her face and mannerisms. This is something I'm aware of. I loved Blair for decades and she always got shit on... sometimes she earned it, a lot of times she didn't. I'm not excusing Eve, I know she is all kinds of fucked up beyond all recognition but the unfortunate part of it all is that JJ/Eve were the most interesting part of his mess of a storyline. That's not saying much. Odin's Ravens, that is not saying much at all.

The thing is, I can't be bothered to mourn this alleged epic love of JJ/Paige despite the fact that I quite liked them at the beginning because... there's no there there. They went from kind of liking each other to apparently being deeply in love in an eyeblink and I can't even buy the deeply in love because I never saw any real indication of it. I still don't. I get that JJ is supposed to be despondent because he lost Paige but all I see is a guy who clearly valued this relationship so much that he did everything wrong. He was dealing with weird Jack shit for some reason that caused him to put distance between himself and Paige and then... he fucked her Mom. And then when said Mom was like 'yeah, you pretty much proved that Paige isn't your priority and I'm getting her away from you because you seem to think that you guys can play at 'secret love affair' and everything's going to work out' they wound up fucking again... and then engaging in a deeply messed up affair that the Showrunners were incapable of giving any kind of basis other than 'Let's just keep doing this because of reasons!'

Meanwhile, for all that Eve's over-involvement in Paige's life is weird... it's no more or less weird that Jenn's over-involvement in JJ's life. Jenn's determination to make Paige/JJ the Love that Surpasses All Others is as fucked up to me as Eve banging JJ in the first place. At least Eve recognized that it's fucked up even as she gives into it over and over. At least I know that Eve is a total wreck of a human being so I don't have to look at her decisions as wise or remotely right... but I am supposed to see that with Jenn. Eve is a needy, desperate, typhoon of issues... I know that going into it so it's not like the things she does are supposed to be looked upon in a positive way. Jenn, meanwhile, is supposed to be the moral center of the show or something but she's just as weird, needy and unhealthy... just in different ways. I'm supposed to root for Jenn when she dangles Paige knowing the truth to torture Eve but I was supposed to boo and hiss Eve when she lost patience with Jenn barging into her home and snarling at her and dangled the fact that she was banging JJ in front of her as childish retaliation.

Paige doesn't know that JJ banged her Mom well before Eve lied about Shane being sicker than he was but she acts like she knows everything and has absolutely nothing good to say about her Mom. Ever. Clearly, Paige will find out the truth and it's going to get worse and I'm supposed to feel righteous indignation as Paige basically burns Eve at the stake in Horton Square with Jenn, Maggie, Kayla and probably JJ cheering her on... but I can't do it. Part of this is because I love KDP no matter what but, really, this show bears a resemblance to all other soaps these days where those who are good are, actually, not much better than those who are bad and yet I'm supposed to be all up for hypocritical bullying.

I'd love for Eve to take a page from Kate's book and cease to give any fucks at all. Paige wants to get in her face about banging JJ? Have Eve coolly tell her daughter that JJ was willing each time and continued to come back for more. That he slept with Eve and then pretended that nothing had happened while he attempted to start things up with Paige all over again... it was only after he went back for more, when he never stopped anything between him and Eve, that he started feeling really bad about himself. And that's his issue that he needs to figure out... everyone has self-destructive tendencies. Eve is clearly fucked up but what's JJ's excuse? That he's young? He still knows how to say NO and he never did... and he kept going back... and he kept continuing and even got to the point where he realized he was going to keep coming back.

Yeah, that's boyfriend material all over.

The last thing I want to see is Paige and JJ reunite here. Holy crap, that will be insufferable. Especially since they, and Jenn, and probably Abigail and such will be all too eager to smug and smirk in Eve's face about how she "failed" to keep the true loves apart. Oh... just do spare me all of this.

This is not a good story!! Especially since I could call where this was going to go from jump. Salem hypocrites are not fun! They aren't fun to watch descending on Nicole, or Theresa... I prefer soap bad girls because at least I know they'll pay and pay and pay and pay some more for their wrongs while the sainted good girls (and most all men) never do.

Argh.

• Love 7
I think with Sami gone and CM not playing Will anymore, most of the emotional impact will be missing from that kind of story, but if they ever want to make Will into someone the viewers can root for again, they have to do something.

If Sami was still in Salem, Will would just blame everything on her.  He probably will anyway.

In 2007, they had Sami resolve her issues with Marlena and John.  In 2010, they had Sami and Carrie put the past behind them.  Then in 2011, they started it all up again.

Sonny, "Decisions, decisions.  Whiny selfish Will, or stalker Paul?  Marlena's family or John's family?  I'll take door number three."

• Love 2

I keep typing words and erasing them, as I can't seem to find the way to express my thoughts on this bizarre JJ / Eve / Jenn thing.  I hope Marlena has some more shrink referrals she can hand out, because all of the people involved in that storyline need counselling.

• Love 2