Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I hope not.

Not only does Ken Corday like to micromanage, the fool can't keep his mouth shut.  He was taunting the Ejami fanbase about how he was going to ruin their couple on social media.  So he essentially had Lumi, Safe, and EJole, three couples who also have lots of fans, trashed so that he could then trash Ejami.  Call me crazy, but it seems alienating four different couple fanbases along with the individual character fanbases is a dumb idea.  Unless, Corday wants the show to get cancelled.

At one time, soaps knew how to bring on new characters and integrate them into the canvas.  They also knew how to survive if popular characters left.  If a storyline, character, or couple wasn't working, they would slowly transition to something else.  Now they have the mentality, and the are dumb enough to voice it, that the fans just aren't smart enough to understand what they are writing.

• Love 5

Is KM actually dating a writer on the show, and if so, how, uh, old is he? Do people in their late 20s or early 30s get hired to write for the show? 

(I don't really have any kind of  opinion on KM dating a writer -- I was just curious if there was some kind of weird age difference, because I picture older people writing the scripts). 

• Love 2

Remember when they actually posted Will's article about Sami online? NBC has done the same for the Paul article: http://www.nbc.com/days-of-our-lives/blog/salem-news/the-final-out

Fun note: I nearly choked on the reference to fictional Dodgers player Tyler Topits, and figured it to be a made-up name and incredibly lame gay "joke" aimed at 12-year-olds. But then I googled it and it turns out Tyler Topits is a script coordinator on DAYS who is a big Dodgers fan. So that's actually kind of cool. Apologies to him for bagging on his name!

bantering, some soap writers are definitely in their 20s and 30s - I knew a couple of them.

Edited by Black Knight
  • Love 1

I dont know if there are any As the world turns fans on here, but, Julianne Moore just won an oscar for best Actress..I am so happy for her...She was great as Frannie/Sabrina on that show...If I am not mistaken, Douglas Marland was so impressed by her talent that he created a dual role for her.  Who says that daytime actors are horrible..An alumni just won an Oscar award....I hope the new writers fix Wilson.... Who am I kidding! This is Higley here, she might give Will DID to explain his actions and say that Sami pimped him out to pedophiles..She is such a hack..She ruined Jessica on one life to live, the character never recovered from her writing....

The days of our lives in my head is so much better than the one that is airing on NBC..Steve,Bo, Jack are back  with their Wives..Steve, Bo and Hope run a detective agency. Dan has died a horrible death, Melanie has left town to deal with her grief after finding out that she was not Carly's daughter. Chloe lied, the baby is Philip's and not Dan's..Chloe and Brady are back together. Wilson are together  dealing with marital life, happily raising their daughter and thinking about giving her  a sibling via a surrogate and Sonny..Eventually a son is born, but, the surrogate has grown attached to the boy and does not want to give the boy over to Wilson; that will lead to a custody battle..Victor and Kate are back together..Maggie has met a new man.. Nicole is pregnant with Eric's child, she soon learns that her daughter with EJ is actually alive and that Stefano has her . She tries to find her, but is incapable of doing so, due to her high-risk pregnancy...Theresa is dating a newly returned Philip and is dealing with Alex Kiriakis on the side. 

.Angelica is back in town trying to connect with Alex..Brady and Alex are business rivals at Titan. Justin and Adrienne are dealing with each other and their 4 sons..One of the twins, Victor Jr, has developed an attraction for his cousin Stefanie and they fall in love. Daytime used to be brave and explore subjects. Exploring incest could be something that the show could do. The other twin has been diagnosed with ALS and his wife likes Chad and she dislikes Adrienne. Andrew is also in town with Kim and he likes Abigail..Shane is away on assignment...Eve in the form of Charlotte Ross is also trying to make inroads at Titan. Paige and JJ break up for good and Paige goes  away to Stanford.   T gets a woman and that woman is Gabi, who has been released  from prison who is trying to reclaim her life with her daughter, which adds another layer of problems for Wilson. JJ bonds with his dad. Jack has reopened his newspaper and is mentoring Will with Jennifer by his side. Abigail is a vixen causing all types of mischief to the horror of her parents.  EJ and Peter Blake come back to town, each with nefarious plans to win back Jennifer and Sami.  Chad is pulled into their schemes.Sami has come back to town to join Kate, victor and Justin in bringing down the Dimeras once and for all. Marlena kills Stefano .Lucas is in love with a woman that only has eyes for him.. Tony is alive and Anna comes back. She flirts with Roman, which leads to Carrie coming back with Austin and her child.  If you guys have any ideas, feel free to give some...lol

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6

The people in charge need to try to get CM back. Start digging through couch cushions for change and offer him whatever they can scrounge up.

Kill off Clyde and offer him James Read's salary. Better yet, shoot Clyde in the head, melt down BOllie, give Grabbigail's screen time to Grandma Kate (not for cost-cutting reasons, just on general principles), and offer Massey a bonus.

• Love 3

I don't think Massey would come back due to the way that he was let go from the show..Plus, he was no longer interested in doing the show and wanted to move on. I also think that the rigorous taping schedules and the fact that they have to do everything in one take does affect some actors' performances..I don't think that they have acting coaches on set anymore due to budget cuts. I am pretty sure the best actors in other genres are allowed to do retakes and reshoots for as many times as they can, in order to get the right shot...There is something about NewWill that I like, despite his weak performances....Perhaps, it is because he seems to be more comfortable in the love scenes with Freddie than Massey. Massey seemed to always be uncomfortable in simulating sex with another man. That is my unpopular opinion of the day.... I don't think Guy is ugly at all, he is very cute in his pictures online..He has beautiful eyes... The show seems to not know how to style people on the show...They make newEve look old and haggard and she is not that way in real life...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

If the only options for Will were Guy or Chandler, I would choose Chandler. But I don't really want to watch either of them in the role. Given how many actors their are in L.A. looking for their first or even next break, there has to be a decent actor out there for the part.

I really wonder about soap casting, and not just Days, because across the board it is so hit or miss. For every Casey Moss you get a Kate Mansi.

But getting back to Guy, I still think the circumstances around Chandler being fired after he said he was thinking about leaving, and the producers publicly stating Guy had become available and they couldn't wait to be highly suspicious. What was Guy doing? What made Days dismiss Chandler before his contract was even up?

Will/Guy is really a poor actor.

And this elephant storyline is awful. Isn't this a rip off from the Brady Bunch spoof movie? Carol's old boyfriend pretended to like her just to steal that horse statue that was in every episode?

The storyline is just so awful. I fast forward the entire plot.

I wouldn't want to sleep with Dr. Dan but he must have some magical junk because he seems to laid pretty often and everyone is desperate to have some of it. (yuck)

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 1

Yes Dingy, let's save that bench, not only does he save human lives, he saves inanimate objects as well. Dingy, "I'm not gonna put up with it." WTF Dingy, you're not JJ's father, so STFU. JJ fuck Dingy shit, GO TO LUCAS!!!!!!!!! I'm pretty sure Lucas wouldn't be so fond of JJ spilling his guts to Dingy. That is if Lucas can remove his tongue from down Adrienne's throat. I'm still not feeling Adrienne and Lucas.

Judgy gets on my fucking nerves, whenever she's talking down to people she always has a smile and a smug look on her face. This is a character that's suppose to be allegedly "good", writers don't know what the fuck a good character is. A good character isn't so judgmental and pious. A good character is someone that we can more than likely identify with, sympathize with, etc. and I don't see anyone identifying with Judgy that much. Writers think that Judgy & Jar Jar are good but so not, I would consider Theresa good before these two.

Also Judgy, you've butted into JJ and Lima Bean's relationship as well, don't put it all on Suddenly Southern. Just displaying more of that Horton trait of blame others. How much longer is this stupid ass story going to drag out? Sweeps ends on the 25th, that's two days and what the hell, stories are still in the same limbo.

I've been missing some Anne, she's a hoot when she's sober, so really don't need a drunk Anne. If Brady squeals, she can kiss her possible promotion and job goodbye.

How many times is Shrewena gonna pull out that elephant? We know what the fuck it is and what she's trying to do, must we be reminded all the time? Look at this, all she had to do was open her damn mouth and Eeyore would have handed that elephant right on over, now she looks even dumber. I did like how Eeyore is getting sick of hearing about that damn elephant as much as we are.

I did like when Nicole said that's a Donovan, Sami, and her thing on selling people down the river.

• Love 1

it's a bit off topic from today's show but there is one other plot point that I'm kinda looking forwards to seeing: when it's revealed that Kate knew at least several days to a week before Sonny was hospitalized about Will's affair with Sparkle. Lucas is gonna explode when he finds out that his mom told his son to lie to his husband.

• Love 2

I dont know if there are any As the world turns fans on here, but, Julianne Moore just won an oscar for best Actress..I am so happy for her...She was great as Frannie/Sabrina on that show...If I am not mistaken, Douglas Marland was so impressed by her talent that he created a dual role for her.  

As the World Turns was *my* soap -- I started watching at a terribly young age (thanks Nana!) and tuned in up until the very last episode when Bob turned off the light in his office. It's what actually brought me to Days, as I missed having a soap in my life and Days reminded me a bit of ATWT, essence-wise. And PS about Oscar winner Julianne Moore -- she recreated her role as Frannie during the last week of ATWT. That alone will forever endear her to me.

Back to the matter at hand -- call me crazy, but I liked the Melanie/Nicole scenes. It was refreshing to give Nicole air time when someone was nice to her, rather than ripping her a new one.

• Love 6

Janeyjay -- I learned about soaps at my momma's knee when we would watch ATWT together every day after pre-school. I watched it off and on for years, but in the late 80s, DOOL turned my head with all of their supercouples and adventures. My mother and I once met Bob Hughes and I thought she'd faint, lol. 

• Love 3

I'm extremely intrigued by the idea of the dark net and now I need to know how to get there but with my luck, I'd get arrested :):)

I loved how Theresa was sickened and disgusted by Anne's actions and how funny was that scene ofTheresa knocking the coffee out of Brady's hand?  :):)  And of course brady now knows that Theresa saved him--WOO HOO!!

And exactly how does Nicole know what "a Donovan sister move" is?  Has she ever actually met either Theresa or Eve or has she just heard other people bad-mouthing them? 

• Love 4

I wouldn't want to sleep with Dr. Dan but he must have some magical junk because he seems to laid pretty often and everyone is desperate to have some of it. (yuck)

It's not that anyone other than Jenn really wants to pick up his fleas, it's because of that old urban legend, that buried somewhere, very, very deep in the debris that covers his bod is a hidden treasure.  Lots of folks hold their breath and just jump in, searching for the lost city of gold.  

Too bad all they find is the city of mold.

• Love 2

And exactly how does Nicole know what "a Donovan sister move" is?  Has she ever actually met either Theresa or Eve or has she just heard other people bad-mouthing them? 

Not sure about Eve, but she definitely knows Theresa. I remember last year she was worrying about Theresa being a poor influence on Brady on account of his addiction.

• Love 2

It's not that anyone other than Jenn really wants to pick up his fleas, it's because of that old urban legend, that buried somewhere, very, very deep in the debris that covers his bod is a hidden treasure.  Lots of folks hold their breath and just jump in, searching for the lost city of gold.  

Too bad all they find is the city of mold.

Snort. 

If Chad is the new Big Bad Evil Dimeria then I need him to start having people murdered - Abifail, raccoon Jen, Dingy, plastic mannequin, and hillbilly pedophile. He can also have Adrienne locked in a dungeon somewhere and reveal that Will was switched with an imposter sometime after birth. If he wanted to have Sparkle exiled to Canada or something that would be great too.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 4

Chad started off with some promise but he's not really intimidating so I don't get the bad Dimera thing they're doing with him. 

If he started threatening me, I'd probably just tell him to turn his frown upside -down.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

The biggest WTF that happened this episode for me was Nicole declaring that she loves Dingy. Really? When the hell did that happen? Did I blink and miss it the same way I missed the epic Romeo and Juliette love of JJ and Paige?

When Melanie isn't around Brady, Daddy Dingy or Maggie she is so much more tolerable, hell dare I say, even likable. I actually found myself watching and not reaching for the FF button on my remote when she was in scenes with Serena & Nicole. I am finding her being shoe-horned into this story so much more bearable since she is shown engaging other characters to do the legwork. What makes it even better is that the other characters make sense since they are investigative reporters, albeit NIcole is a tabloid one. If this story had Mel playing Girl Friday and Columbo, I'd be cussing up a storm.

I find myself mesmerized by Jen's neck veins in her scene with Eve. That whole exchange was the height of tedium. I found Eve just as ridiculous as Jen. Was she for real taunting Jen with the fact that she was sleeping with her son? She seemed thrilled that this would damn near send Jen into deep space orbit. Normally, I would love this but Ijust find the whole set up with JJ and Eve so terrible that I just can't find any joy in that.

Wrap dress Anne spiking Brady's drink is beyond heinous. Her being drunk at work struck me as very much OOC.

I still hate Brady/Theresa as a couple. Hate that there is a fetus between them and the upcoming story. Just do. So there weren't enough eye rolls for the contrivance of Theresa saving Brady. The things they do to try and get these 2 to continue to interact while their fetus baby gestates off-screen in the womb of crazy is mind boggling.

Serena and Eric - this must be the 1st time in history that the elephant in the room was being discussed ad naseum. Serena really needs to learn the art of subtlety, otherwise Eric will start to think that she isn't as interested in his 'trunk' as she is in that hunk of Pier One ceramic.

• Love 3

Chad is still with Jordan right? Was he implying that Abigail should sleep with him to save Ben?  I wasn't sure if that was what he was actually implying or if the music combined with the voice-over combined with the slap was leading me into a weird direction to think that...

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

I think that is exactly what he is implying.

Jordan is suppose to dump him after she overhears Kate/Chad and learns he was behind Rafe getting fired.

Friday, February 27, 2015

Chad tests to see how far Abigail would go to keep Ben out of prison.

If Chad is just going to spend all of his time lusting after Abifail then he can go. I don't understand why he's so desperate for her anyway. He acts like their short lived relationship was the best thing to happen to him. Does Stefano want him to get her pregnant?

• Love 3

I'm glad Chad will be back (have missed his pretty face) but am not looking forward to seeing him with Abifail - can't they get it thru their heads that she's not the greatest thing since sliced bread - I just hate that once Jordan is gone we'll be stuck with Abifail - I really don't understand why she's being shoved down our throats.   

And why is Daniel the only man JJ can talk to?   Where's Uncle Steve when you need him?    Can't TPTB work something out & bring him back?   Hell have JJ talk to Victor - anything's better than Dr. Tan.

Don't really care about the stupid elephant thing - still think that Eric & Serena have zero chemistry & are another couple that have been slapped together (because of some mysterious past in Africa) - there is nothing about them that makes me want to watch or root for them.

Ugh and Anne putting alcohol in Brady's coffee was dumb - why exactly is she drunk at work & why is that tolerated?    Just another contrived way for Theresa to "save" Brady & then have him yell at her - why do they insist on pairing him up with every female they can throw at him?   

As for Eve & Jennifer - they are both idiots - yes Eve why don't you gloat to Jen that your sleeping with her son - that will go over really well - I miss spunky Jen - this Jen makes me want to throw things at the tv

• Love 7

I really, really didn't understand why Eve would risk her relationship with her daughter by telling Jen she slept with her son, who also happens to be her daughter's ex-bofyriend. This has been one of the more baffling catfights I've seen on my Youtube screen. 

Yeah, okay, Jen gets people mad, but not THAT mad. 

• Love 3

I'm still mostly trying to figure out Anne's actual job. Isn't she head of Human Resources? If so, exactly what kind of promotion is she getting? That's a pretty high level job, usually at or just below top level administration. 

Nicole, you can't just type in a password and be on the Dark Net. It's not Amazon. 

So you're telling me that all this time Serena has been trying to switch out that ugly ass elephant (which, how can she find anything in that suitcase purse with that thing in the way?), and the whole time she could have just walked in Eric's room and just TAKEN it?

The only really viable solution to the Paul/Wilson debacle is to just have Sonny come home with me. 

Edited by bnichol
  • Love 5

What I find really stupid about the Jennifer/Eve rivalry is that I don't remember it being intense. They were never the Viki/Dorian of days of our lives. They disliked each other back when Charlotte Ross was in the role, but, it was never more than dislike. As usual the idiots in charge contrived another infidelity plot because they are incapable of writing character-driven stories. I don't believe Eve written in character would do this to her daughter. Just like Will and Sami would never cheat on their respective spouses...Eve was a complex woman who had complicated relationships with Shane and Kim. Jack and Eve were friends as well, I don't think that she would hate JJ  because he is Jack's son. Their marriage of convenience was mutually beneficial. I always loved Eve and Nick Corelli, it was an intense, creepy and  complicated relationship. Back then Days of our lives had competent writers that knew how to write complicated and nuanced relationships..That is why they were always known as the supercouple soap. Jennifer was never self-righteous and judgmental, if that was the case she would never have gotten involved with Jack... She believed in Jack  and encouraged him to be a better man. Her intense devotion to him endeared her to me....It pains  me to see Jennifer like this. I always loved the Johnson siblings together. Steve, Jack, Adrienne and their mother Jo were awesome together.  Days was on fire back in those day,  I wished that they could hire those writers back....

• Love 6

If Chad is the new Big Bad Evil Dimeria then I need him to start having people murdered - Abifail, raccoon Jen, Dingy, plastic mannequin, and hillbilly pedophile. He can also have Adrienne locked in a dungeon somewhere and reveal that Will was switched with an imposter sometime after birth. If he wanted to have Sparkle exiled to Canada or something that would be great too.

Days needs to pay you to be a story consultant.

• Love 4

I always loved Eve and Nick Corelli, it was an intense, creepy and  complicated relationship. Back then Days of our lives had competent writers that knew how to write complicated and nuanced relationships..That is why they were always known as the supercouple soap. Jennifer was never self-righteous and judgmental, if that was the case she would never have gotten involved with Jack... She believed in Jack  and encouraged him to be a better man. Her intense devotion to him endeared her to me....It pains  me to see Jennifer like this. I always loved the Johnson siblings together. Steve, Jack, Adrienne and their mother Jo were awesome together.  Days was on fire back in those day,  I wished that they could hire those writers back....

Love this entire message -- this is the reason I have such a hard time with Current Day Eve. I try to picture Charlotte Ross doing these things and just can't. It could have been the Eve/Nick storyline that cemented my love for this show, actually. Ironically, however, I could picture a young man wanting Current Day Charlotte Ross much more than KDP. I guess I just love Charlotte? 

• Love 3

I think the show is trying to keep Theresa in Brady's orbit because JL and EM have insane chemistry while EM and MB do not.  I also kind of hope Melanie is able to not only maintain a friendship with Nicole but I'd really love to see Theresa having actual friends with Melanie and Nicole--that would be rather cool.

Man, but when Sonny gets mad, he just loses all perspective--he actually thinks Will knew about Sonny and Paul's past and he deliberately set out to hurt Sonny but sleeping with Paul?  YIKES!!

• Love 4

Man, but when Sonny gets mad, he just loses all perspective--he actually thinks Will knew about Sonny and Paul's past and he deliberately set out to hurt Sonny but sleeping with Paul?  YIKES!!

Really?  Well, I mean, it is a huge coincidence and Sonny is angry and upset and still, you know, recovering from stab wounds so I could see him jumping there.

More likely, that line of thinking will leave the door open for Will to be all, "Well, I didn't know he was your ex because you  never told me.  See?  Your fault!".

• Love 2

Jackson's hair continues to look amazing, and now he has a great tan too.

Will is now actively blaming Jackson?!? What's next, is he going to claim he tripped and his ass just landed on Paul's dick?!?

So I guess we have official confirmation that either Stefano or Jawn is Paul's father. I like the Mama Narita actress.

It was great to see Serena in something other than a cocktail dress for once, but enough with that fucking elephant.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 3

Sneasel's going to give poor Sonny an aneurysm.

Can it just be a new day in Salem so Melanie can get out of that stupid "dress."  Oh wait, I'm sure she has like 10 more. 

I missed something:  How did Teresa end up with Dr. Mandrake's phone number?

• Love 1