Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Was it me or did Paul actually smirk a little during the Sonny flashbacks? Maybe he did know all along?

Sigh, Will...Maybe Sonny could have told you about his ex being in town, but don't try and justify what you did.

Edited by Ruby Red

I don't understand Sonny. That dream seemed to show that he is afraid of being replaced by Paul.

On the other hand, he seemed convinced that Will deliberately slept with Paul to hurt him, whereas he was unwilling to even consider the possibility that Paul seduced Will to get him back. Why immediately jump to thinking the worst of your own husband? Women seem to believe the worst of The Other Woman and not the Cheating Husband. At least at first.

OK, we all know that Paul and Will was coincidental, but how does Sonny figure Will became this mastermind schemer in the last five minutes (even if he did conceal his marital status)?

Has Sonny stopped to think why Will would want to hurt him this way? This is all about Paul. The fact that Sonny can be hurt by Will sleeping with Paul communicates to me that Sonny cares about Paul more. It's not:'Paul hurt me by sleeping with Will' it's:'Will hurt me by sleeping with Paul'.

If it was just about the fact that Will cheated, who he cheated with shouldn't matter. Sonny seemed really upset that Will slept the only other man he had proposed to.

Anyway, I do believe that neither Will nor Paul would have slept with each other if they knew who the other was. Who in their right mind would mess up their chances like that?

I was surprised that Paul found

out about Ari in such a mundane way.

Edited by 271days
  • Love 1

RoboMar WTF?? Good Intentions?? There are no good intentions when you sleep with someone else. Damn RoboMar come up with better advice than that crock of shit. Stop coddling that Sneasely dipshit.

Get her Sonny. I like Kate but anyone that goes against Sonny my number one favorite character I will always and forever will be Team Sonny. Sonny can commit murder and I wouldn't care. Now writers are really grasping at this story right now cause IDK how Sonny will come to the conclusion that Sneasel knew that he proposed to Sparkles. Sparkles didn't know because Sneasel took off his wedding ring, Sonny never said anything to his husband or told Sparkles who he's married too, Sonny really has to put this puzzle together, but I'm gonna chalk it up to really bad, awful, atrocious writing. When Sneasel entered the hospital room Sonny looked like, “Oh god, this fucking actor, who I have to work extra overtime to look good on screen, I better see an extra zero on my paycheck.”

Sneasel is gonna try and justify it again because Sonny didn't tell him, when Sneasel didn't want to know about Sonny's past boyfriends. Sneasel just makes me hate him more and more.

Isn't it nice that the hotel know where Sparkles potential whereabouts are to tel his mother. I guess cause Salem has nothing going for itself so people are either at TBD, The Pub, or Edge of the Square (Stupidest name for a club ever). SMDH. Now I bet Yawn is the father of Sparkles now with Sparkle's mother's reaction to seeing RoboMar. Better yet she could be looking like that because she never seen a human size robot before.

Now Parker loves that stupid elephant. GMAFB. Anything to draw attention to this stupid story. If writers have told us some hint of a secret that's going on then I might have cared but since they're not and insist on dragging it out further and further, I lost interest a long time ago. I have to continue to look at Shrewena and her bug out eyeballs.

Why do writers always make women desperate for a man? Theresa acting ridiculous over Brady and then Electro-Shock Therapy. I'm glad that she's self aware to question her pride and dignity, cause at this point and time girlfriend seriously needs to go and find some. Since she called Mandrake she better start putting two and two together. Then we have Nicole looking at a picture of her and Dingy which was stupid because they're making it look like they have some great love. Writers really don't know how to write for couples, AT ALL!!!

• Love 4

I don't understand Sonny. That dream seemed to show that he is afraid of being replaced by Paul.

Sonny thinks they maybe have feelings for each other I guess, that dream was strange indeed.

I think Sonny is just really angry and hurt. And when you are betrayed like that, you won't always think rationally. And I mean, in Sonny's mind, how could it have been such a coincidence that his husband slept with his ex-boyfriend without either of them knowing their connection to Sonny? I have the sense Sonny was giving Paul the benefit of the doubt when Kate accused Paul of seducing Will because he couldn't have Sonny and he said,. "Sounds far-fetched". But for some reason, Will sleeping with Paul knowing that he is Sonny's ex-boyfriend makes sense?  What if Paul did knew all along and he is just playing innoncent?

Edited by Ruby Red
  • Love 2

I think anyone's worst nightmare would be two people you loved finding love with each other and casting you aside.  I can see how Sonny's subconscious would go there given the situation.

• Love 3

Sonny thinks they maybe have feelings for each other I guess, that dream was strange indeed.

I think Sonny is just really angry and hurt. And when you are betrayed like that, you won't always think rationally. And I mean, in Sonny's mind, how could it have been such a coincidence that his husband slept with his ex-boyfriend without either of them knowing their connection to Sonny? I have the sense Sonny was giving Paul the benefit of the doubt when Kate accused Paul of seducing Will because he couldn't have Sonny and he said,. "Sounds far-fetched". But for some reason, Will sleeping with Paul knowing that he is Sonny's ex-boyfriend makes sense? What if Paul did knew all along and he is just playing innoncent?

Exactly. Why is it far-fetched when Sparkle does it, but it's plausible when Sneasel does it?

Sonny is so going to board the Sparkle Express.

I should have edited my first post properly. Sonny confuses me because how can he assume the worst of Will, yet be afraid of being replaced at the same time?

Edited by 271days
  • Love 2

Yes, Will is a liar and a cheater...That is a fact. However, he is not devious or manipulative. I don't understand why Sonny would attribute Will with those qualities.   If he was, he would have been able to give Sonny better justifications for his infidelity. His asinine excuses exposed his immaturity and lack of deviousness. He could have easily said that Paul seduced him or worst that Paul raped him...I don't think Will even knows why he did what he did..I don't think Sonny knows Will as well as he thought he did...In his conversation with Kate, he  seemed to be protecting Sparkle and condemning Will. I understand his anger and hurt, but accusing Will of being that sick and devious is not cool at all.. It is obvious that Sonny really loves his family and I think that dream showed us that...Perhaps, Sparkle brings out Sonny's hidden insecurities. In his dream, he saw himself replaced by Sparkle in his family. Does he believe that sparkle is a better man for Will and perhaps a better for father for Ari.  I think the show will tell us about Sparkle/Sonny romance..I get the feeling that it was not a bed of roses with them.... Did anyone noticed the smirk on Paul's face when he had a  flashback to Sonny putting him on blast about sleeping with his husband? What was that about? He looked like the cat that ate the canary...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

Sparkle didn't love Sonny enough to come out of the closet, and be a real couple.

Sneasel didn't love Sonny enough to be faithful, or even call him from California.

I think Sonny's insecurities and hurt are driving him at the moment.

Is there a handbook in Salem that says, "When caught cheating, blame the person you cheated on.  If that doesn't work, move onto blaming someone else.  If several really dumb excuses don't work, play the guilt card."

• Love 5

Yes, Will is a liar and a cheater...That is a fact. However, he is not devious or manipulative. I don't understand why Sonny would attribute Will with those qualities. If he was, he would have been able to give Sonny better justifications for his infidelity. His asinine excuses exposed his immaturity and lack of deviousness. He could have easily said that Paul seduced him or worst that Paul raped him...I don't think Will even knows why he did what he did..I don't think Sonny knows Will as well as he thought he did...In his conversation with Kate, he seemed to be protecting Sparkle and condemning Will. I understand his anger and hurt, but accusing Will of being that sick and devious is not cool at all.. It is obvious that Sonny really loves his family and I think that dream showed us that...Perhaps, Sparkle brings out Sonny's hidden insecurities. In his dream, he saw himself replaced by Sparkle in his family. Does he believe that sparkle is a better man for Will and perhaps a better for father for Ari. I think the show will tell us about Sparkle/Sonny romance..I get the feeling that it was not a bed of roses with them....

I do understand Sonny questioning whether he knows Will as well as he thought he did, but I don't understand how someone could line Sneasel and Sparkle up next to each other and conclude that Sneasel is the devious one.

Will is so naive and borderline stupid at times.

I felt that Sonny seemed more concerned with Ari in the dream sequence. Of course it would make sense that he would be insecure about his place in her life, but he shouldn't stay just for the kid.

Edited by 271days
  • Love 4

Exactly. Why is it far-fetched when Sparkle does it, but it's plausible when Sneasel does it?

Maybe it is the fact that Will cheated that makes Sonny suddenly think the worst of him. He lied to him, betrayed him, all of his trust in Will is gone. And he kept trying to make excuses for it, and he did it again today by blaming Sonny for cheating because he did not tell him about Paul. But it kind of came out of the blue that Sonny would think of Will as that devious...

What puzzles me is how civil Paul and Will are being towards each other. Why does Paul even want to talk to Will? "Oh, we have a daughter btw." he says so casually, "Really?? Oh." He responds casually. Are the writers going to do more with Horita?

Sparkle didn't love Sonny enough to come out of the closet, and be a real couple.

I don't think that situation was that simple. Coming out is not easy, it can be scary as hell. They split up because they wanted different things, I don't think it had much to do with love or not.

Edited by Ruby Red

Will should be contrite in expressing remorse for his actions. He should be begging Sonny for forgiveness, not deflect the blame onto Sonny. His lack of contrition shows his lack of maturity. He is an adult and a father, when you make a mistake, you own them and try to move on from it...I do think that he and Sonny will try and work things out for Ari's sake, but, Sparkle will be a blight on their path of reconciliation. If the rumors are true that Will had flirted with a guy out in LA and that guy shows up  in Salem looking for Will. Sonny will think the worst and that Will had cheated on him out there as well..Once you lose somebody's total trust, it is  hard to get it back....Sparkle will definitely be back together with Sonny.

• Love 4
I don't think that situation was that simple. Coming out is not easy, it can be scary as hell. They split up because they wanted different things, I don't think it had much to do with love or not.

But that may not be how Sonny sees it.  From Sonny's perspective, one man he loved wanted to stay in the closet when Sonny wanted to marry him.  The other man that Sonny loved, and did marry, cheated on him with the man who didn't want to come out of the closet when he was with Sonny.

• Love 2

Does Sonny even know Will? I think it would be pretty hard for a doormat like Will to be devious or manipulative enough to fuck Sparkle just to hurt Sonny. Why is it so hard to believe that the man who has been harassing you repeatedly about dumping your husband would then go and have sex with said husband in an attempt to break up your marriage. If your relationship with Will is over then you might be more susceptible to Sparkle's desperation. I hope it's true that Sparkle really did know who Will was. I would love for Sonny to find out that precious Sparkle isn't as good and noble and innocent as he thinks he is.

It's time for Kate to start scheming to keep Sparkle away from Sonny and Will. She needs to find her vial of poison.

• Love 3

I honestly don't think Sonny's too psyched on Paul right now, but the majority of his anger, as it should be, is laser focused on his husband.  Who CHEATED.

I agree completely--I don't see Sonny falling into Paul's arms even though he is beyond hurt and angry at Will's actions.  I also think that Sonny thinks Paul knew exactly who Will was, so now he thinks he's involved with two men who set out to hurt him.  So I like that Sonny is angry at both men, but especially at Will, who broke their marriage vows and destroyed their family.

I would really love to see Kate warn Paul off from talking to Sonny and getting any where near him and I would especially love it if she enlisted Adrienne in her campaign.  Lucas' brain would melt :):)

• Love 1

I don't have a problem with Will saying that none of this would have happened if Sonny had been honest. Will already admitted that the cheating is all his fault, so I don't see it as blame-shifting. As I have said before, IMO Paul and Will would have acted differently if they had known, and Sonny keeping Will in the dark definitely contributed to this Perfect Storm. Why did we keep talking about it as a plot point if it hadn't?

I will wait to hear Will's follow up tomorrow. If Will focuses on how he and Sonny keeping secrets from each other contributed to the breakdown of their marriage, he will be on the right track.

There are plenty of other reasons why Will and Sonny are in this situation, but I don't expect the show to touch on these just yet.

• Love 3

They are 100 percent gonna make Theresa and Brady get back together. Talk about heavy handed scenes. They look great together physically but personalities are a total clash.

This elephant story is so stupid. It reminds me if the premise or title of a kid novel. "The Mystery of the Elephant Statue." We need Nancy Drew or Encyclopedia Brown or The Babysitters Club to come wrap this up now.

Serena is very pretty and has a great figure but can have crazy eyes. It's he color and how wide they are and how she bugs them. It can be distracting.

Oh shut the fuck up Will. And Marlena just zip it.

• Love 3

I agree completely--I don't see Sonny falling into Paul's arms even though he is beyond hurt and angry at Will's actions.  I also think that Sonny thinks Paul knew exactly who Will was, so now he thinks he's involved with two men who set out to hurt him.  So I like that Sonny is angry at both men, but especially at Will, who broke their marriage vows and destroyed their family.

I do agree with you. But I also think Sonny might be coming around and considering maybe Paul was not lying when he said he did not know about him and Will.

And clearly this is the minority opinion, but once the dust settles, I have no problem with Sonny dating Paul for a while.  A rush right back to the status quo of Will and Sonny blandly smiling at each other while folding baby clothes sounds dull as hell.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

Does Sonny even know Will? I think it would be pretty hard for a doormat like Will to be devious or manipulative enough to fuck Sparkle just to hurt Sonny. Why is it so hard to believe that the man who has been harassing you repeatedly about dumping your husband would then go and have sex with said husband in an attempt to break up your marriage. If your relationship with Will is over then you might be more susceptible to Sparkle's desperation. I hope it's true that Sparkle really did know who Will was. I would love for Sonny to find out that precious Sparkle isn't as good and noble and innocent as he thinks he is.

It's time for Kate to start scheming to keep Sparkle away from Sonny and Will. She needs to find her vial of poison.

If Sonny wants to condemn Will and defend Sparkle I don't think Kate should waste her time trying to keep Will and Sonny together.

• Love 1

Serena is very pretty and has a great figure but can have crazy eyes. It's he color and how wide they are and how she bugs them. It can be distracting.

Her eyes are kind of big too. So when the camera zooms in it's like "gasp! she's possessed by the demon who took over Marlena's body!" In person, they probably look normal/pretty, but maybe the camera shouldn't zoom in so close.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

Her eyes are kind of big too. So when the camera zooms in it's like "gasp! she's possessed by the demon who took over Marlena's body!" In person, they probably look normal/pretty, but maybe the camera shouldn't zoom in so close.

I agree. There's a few actors with that problem. Hilary Burton from One Tree Hill it was a big issue and ongoing joke.

I do think Sonny and Sparkle will date for a while....I also believe that there will be a guy coming for Will and I do think that Sonny's nightmare will come true. The only difference it will be the new guy taking his place by Will and Ari's side and not Paul. I don't think Will would keep Ari away from Sonny. However, I could see him not wanting Paul anywhere near her... Paul and Will are civil for now, I expect that to change in the future.....

Edited by Apprentice79

I don't have a problem with Will saying that none of this would have happened if Sonny had been honest. Will already admitted that the cheating is all his fault, so I don't see it as blame-shifting. As I have said before, IMO Paul and Will would have acted differently if they had known, and Sonny keeping Will in the dark definitely contributed to this Perfect Storm. Why did we keep talking about it as a plot point if it hadn't?

I almost agree with you that Will wouldn't have slept with Paul if he'd known about his past with Sonny. However, I think that's a really weak argument for Will to even make. He shouldn't have slept with Paul for a ton of reasons, regardless of who he was, but the only thing that could have prevented it was if Sonny fessed up about their prior relationship? It's kind of like saying "I wouldn't have done it if I thought there was a good chance I'd be caught."

• Love 2

I agree completely--I don't see Sonny falling into Paul's arms even though he is beyond hurt and angry at Will's actions. I also think that Sonny thinks Paul knew exactly who Will was, so now he thinks he's involved with two men who set out to hurt him. So I like that Sonny is angry at both men, but especially at Will, who broke their marriage vows and destroyed their family.

I would really love to see Kate warn Paul off from talking to Sonny and getting any where near him and I would especially love it if she enlisted Adrienne in her campaign. Lucas' brain would melt :):)

It seems to me that Sonny thinks Paul is innocent and that Will is the one who knowingly slept with Paul to spite Sonny.

I want to know what Sonny's reasoning is for why these men want to hurt him.

Edited by 271days
  • Love 2

, but the only thing that could have prevented it was if Sonny fessed up about their prior relationship? It's kind of like saying "I wouldn't have done it if I thought there was a good chance I'd be caught."

Yeah, or like, "Sorry I stole your wallet, maybe if you had not left it on the table for me to take it so easily it would not have happened." But the point is, you still would have found a way to steal that wallet even if it was not on that table when the owner was not looking?

• Love 2

And clearly this is the minority opinion, but once the dust settles, I have no problem with Sonny dating Paul for a while.  A rush right back to the status quo of Will and Sonny blandly smiling at each other while folding baby clothes sounds dull as hell.

If Sonny dumps Will and then quickly gets back with Sparkle then I'm going to think he was never in love with Will to begin with and/or that he just settled for him but really wished he could be with Sparkle.

• Love 2

If Sonny dumps Will and then quickly gets back with Sparkle then I'm going to think he was never in love with Will to begin with and/or that he just settled for him but really wished he could be with Sparkle.

Or revenge/rebound sex with the ex.

It seems to me that Sonny thinks Paul is innocent and that Will is the one who knowingly slept with Paul to spite Sonny.

I want to know what Sonny's reasoning is for why these men want to hurt him.

I don't think anything Sonny's saying now can be taking as concrete fact as far as how he feels.  It's, what, the same day, the day after he found out his husband cheated on him with a man he once wanted to marry?

• Love 2

Will cannot or will not take responsibility for anything. Ever.

Usually it's not that big of an issue cuz he only does minor or forgivable stuff like shooting EJ but cheating on his nice husband with a thirsty tool or betraying his mom then it becomes an issue for me. At some point he's going to have to become an adult maybe for Ari's sake. So she doesn't look at what a passive, cowardly, weak sack of shit her pop is and have bad role model or embarrassment.

• Love 4

Storylines I think need to die a violent death ASAP:

• The whole Eve/JJ "Mrs. Robinson" thing -- KDP, you are no Anne Bancroft

• "Gays of Our Lives"

• "Dumbo" and her elephant statue

Are you opposed to there being gay characters, or just that they have a storyline?

• Love 1

Yeah, or like, "Sorry I stole your wallet, maybe if you had not left it on the table for me to take it so easily it would not have happened." But the point is, you still would have found a way to steal that wallet even if it was not on that table when the owner was not looking?

Either I haven't expressed myself well or my post is being misunderstood, but I'm not advocating that Will be absolved of the responsibility he bears for cheating because Sonny should have told him who Paul was.

Will should have absolutely kept his vows and not slept with Paul. However, I do think Will and Paul's relationship would not have developed the same way had they known about their connection to Sonny.

Nothing can change the fact that Will cheated, but it is human nature to look back at why things happened and I do think Sonny withholding the truth did have an impact. That's all.

Edited by 271days
  • Love 2

She found a crumpled up piece of paper on her floor with Mandrake's phone number in Clint's handwriting, so she called that number.

The only word was "cell" scribbled. How'd she know it was Clint's handwriting? They didn't date long. That's remarkable she knew.

• Love 2

But can we discuss that Paul had a smirk on his face during the Sonny flashback, like he knew all along exactly who Will was and everything has been playing out the way he hoped it would? He has been acting so strangely calm...

Or am I the only one?

• Love 2
If Sonny wants to condemn Will and defend Sparkle I don't think Kate should waste her time trying to keep Will and Sonny together.

Kate shouldn't waste her time on Will to begin with, but she will.  I wish Sami was still in Salem because even though I detest Will, Kate/Sami teaming up to try and save Will's marriage with Lucas in the mix wanting to help Will, but worried about what Kate/Sami will do, would be hilarious.

• Love 3

I think it would suck too, because it would still not change the fact Will cheated but if Paul knew and was playing him, seducing him it all makes him much more of a bigger asshole than WIll is now.

He looked genuinely suprised and shocked, really upset about messing things up wihen he went to Marlena and told her about it. I think CS said a few times Paul really did not know about Will and Sonny, but hmm, we shall see what happens.

• Love 1

If Paul had done all this on purpose, he surely wouldn't have told Will the truth about Sonny turning him down and stating he was committed to his marriage. He didn't even hint that Sonny was tempted or anything. He didn't tell Will that he and Sonny had kissed. Nada. To listen to Paul, Sonny was completely above reproach in his interactions with Paul.

Will can be devious, and Sonny knows it well - Sami explained that to him at the time that Will wrote the article about her. She pointed out to Sonny that Will purposely recorded private conversations with family members who had no idea they were being recorded, in order to get his information.

That said, I do find Sonny's thought that Will purposely slept with Paul because he knew he was Sonny's ex to be strange. What's the motive? Will was mad that Sonny didn't tell him the ex was in town? That would be an odd revenge. I don't know, maybe Sonny is clinging to the theory because it makes the cheating about him rather than about Paul. I can see where he would rather think it was about him than about Paul being a hot, rich superstar athlete with World Series rings. Because if it's about him, then it means Will's not really interested in/attracted to Paul. If it's about Paul being a hot rich superstar athlete, then how does Sonny compete with that? Sonny's self-esteem is low right now because of the fiasco with his second club, losing all their money, and now his first club also doing poorly. So I think that's probably his subconscious thinking.

Edited by Black Knight
  • Love 1

I don't know if it's because they're guys and therefore a catfight isn't happening, but Will and Paul seem weirdly civil with each other. If they were women (i.e. Nicole and Sami), a pie would have already flown in somebody's face.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 7

But isn't that the way it always is? There's never any down time between relationships, unless you're a Designated Awful Person, like Theresa, or a neutered former priest. 

Either I haven't expressed myself well or my post is being misunderstood, but I'm not advocating that Will be absolved of the responsibility he bears for cheating because Sonny should have told him who Paul was.

Oh no, I think you were clear. My post was meant to criticize Will for using that as an excuse! 

• Love 1

I don't know if it's because they're guys and therefore a catfight isn't happening, but Will and Paul seem weirdly civil with each other. If they were women (i.e. Nicole and Sami), a pie would have already flown in somebody's face.

This show loves their female characters fighting each other, but men? Oh no, not interesting enough!! Besides that, their "friendship" now is just odd. Shouldn't they be angry with each other?

• Love 3

This show loves their female characters fighting each other, but men? Oh no, not interesting enough!! Besides that, their "friendship" now is just odd. Shouldn't they be angry with each other?

It is rather strange that Paul called Will up to ask if he was okay and if he wanted to get together "to just talk."  That's an extremely odd reaction for a man to have who is convinced he's lost any type of relationship with the man he's in love with.  If I were Paul, I'd be staying far away from WIll and strying to convince Sonny I was on his side.

• Love 3

I think that's very possible.  I'm just not sure if I can buy this angle because I get nothing emotion-wise from GW's acting or if it actually makes sense.  I could go for a flawed Sonny.   

• Love 2