Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I didn't find Sonny blasé about Ari G. at all. (His feverish dream about being replaced in Arianna's life seemed genuinely terrifying for him.) Sonny reacted with impatient coolness to Will's attempt to use her to guilt Sonny into staying in town. That kind of guilt-tripping is unfair and dishonest, and I'm glad Sonny shut it down so fast.

It's no doubt awkward for Sparkle to overhear a private conversation between Sonny and his husband, but it's a bit too late to pretend that Sparkle isn't already an interloper in the most intimate degree. I don't think I'm one of those who feels that Will can do nothing right, and Sonny no wrong, but Will's not the one to be invoking the privacy of marriage right now. (If I were in Sonny's place, I might want to have as little to do with Sparkle as possible, but he's the only who isn't being hypocritical about privacy here, I think.)

• Love 3

I think any questions as to why Sonny married Will are totally offset by the sheer amount of bullshit Sonny's put up with for Will: there was Gabi getting knocked up, Nick, covering for Sami/Kate/Gabi's crimes. Look, I don't get what Sonny sees in Will, but he's more than proven  his commitment to the douchebag. If he were just "settling", he could have settled for someone a whole hell of lot better than Will and he could have walked away any number of times and it would have been understandable. If Will doesn't see this, Sonny needs to remind him of every last bit of it, preferably while signing the divorce papers

• Love 9
(edited)

Wasn't there that dude from "Dancing With the Stars" who was better than both Will and Paul? Yeah, Sonny could have had him, but I don't think he ever took up the offer. I think that Sonny desiring Will as a husband  has always been genuine. 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

Woo! That reveal was awesome. I was so uncomfortable watching those scenes, I loved it. For once, I was thinking, "go Judgy Jenn, GO!" - totally on her side. Yes, she was minutes away from breaking and entering (good red herring there, show, by the way) and all that, but the way it played out was perfect. How horrific to walk in on your son with a 50 y/o nemesis! Off the charts in terms of the ick factor. I don't blame her for attacking Eve -- it's totally within Jenn's wheelhouse -- and it was hilarious, intentionally or otherwise, to watch JJ tackle his mom and pull her off Eve. 

Soap actors have to spend so much time being measured in their responses, drawing out plots as they do on soaps, that an opportunity like this to show anger! shock! disgust! self-loathing! must be like sinking your teeth into a nice juicy steak after denying yourself beef for months. 

And Eve - in spite of myself I felt sympathy for her. KDP's facial expressions speak volumes, don't they? Just awesome.

As for the rest of the show -- eh, I just can't get excited over Sonny/Will/Paul these days. I feel like they'll figure it out, and the bigger story will be that Paul is John's son. I liked Paige (still in her corner as well, though a bit more tepidly lately) trying to find her stiff upper lip and moving on. Do we know any spoilers about her finding out? 

• Love 6

I agree with LP's point that it's a genuine question, and one that should have been discussed before the wedding. For Won't to bring it up now as some sort of excuse for his infidelity feels like a cheap ploy.

(And maybe I'm feeling a touch resentful of the implied retcon of Sonny's relationship with OldWill, which I found much more genuine than the current version. Which I believe I have mentioned before, a time or two. (Ahem.))

• Love 6

Sandman -- yes, I think that's why I can't stir up much emotion around the Sonny/Will/Paul storyline. The original courtship - -misunderstandings and unexpected pregnancy and all -- was genuine with Old Will in the role. Currently, I can't muster up enough to care about how any of this affects New Will.

Sonny will be fine, I have no doubt about that, whether it's with Will and Ari or without. Ari, on the other hand? Hope someone can be a good parent-figure for her if Sonny is out of the picture. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Have you guys seen a video of Guy and Freddie discussing the future of Wilson together? They are so cute together. I would link it here for you guys, but, I don't know how...lol... Adrienne is going to rip Will a new one, when she finds out about his betrayal of Sonny....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

I agree, and I think Jenn's reaction made complete sense.  From what little she knows at this point, she logically would conclude that Eve seduced JJ to either keep him away from Paige or to get revenge on Jenn, or both.  Her reaction in the room was insane, and physical, and OTT.  What I thought was out of character was having it out with JJ in public.  Jennifer Horton should be worried about appearances, and say, let's go home to talk about this.

On OLTL, when Viki found out her son Joey was having an affair with Dorian, her nemesis, I recall that she too thought that Dorian was using Joey, which I think she initially was but then they fell in lust.  The difference is, they seemed to be enjoying themselves, unlike Eve and JJ, who are so self loathing that I am surprising they aren't self flagellating.  

Yeah, the Dorian/Joey thing on OLTL was very well done but all the elements were there. Viki and Dorian had a decades long rivalry that happened on screen as opposed to Eve and Jen. I mean, yes, Eve and Jen are rivals but it's nothing compared to Viki/Dorian. To be fair, nothing compares to Viki/Dorian but still... it didn't go away for 20 years and then pop up on screen again, it was an on-going, vital ingredient to the show as a whole. Joey had just been aged up in the form of Nathan Fillion and 'returned from boarding school' like you do. (Back in the day when kids were just sent to boarding school and it was totally normal because they aged out of that cute, precocious 7 year old phase and they needed to age them up to put them into more interesting stories. Remember when that's how soaps dealt with kids?) And Dorian absolutely targeted him as a means of hitting back at Viki (fairly certain this was after Dorian was on death row for killing Viki's father, which Viki led the brigade against her with the help of the dude she was about to embark on an affair with as he was writing a book about her father... before the truth about her father and how he really died came out... let's just say this was also at a time when stories were layered and thought out and OLTL was just scintillating at this point in time) but it was absolutely a seduction. Dorian was the only one calling him 'Joe' as opposed to 'Joey' they talked about Italy and Joey was the one who gave everyone a chance so he was ready to give Dorian the opportunity to prove that she wasn't this vile nemesis. That they actually did fall in love was just a bonus... and until the end of the show, Dorian continued to have a soft spot for him and was the only one who called him 'Joe' -- it was just really well done.

With Eve and JJ there's none of that. They've made it very very clear that this affair is full of self-loathing and disgust. They could have bonded over their love of music and been drawn together that way but that's not how it played out. I mean, they sowed the seeds to that at the very start but removed that aspect of it early on. Yes, Eve finding out she couldn't sing was what prompted the self-indulgent lone pity party that JJ walked in on, felt bad about and resulted in their first tryst but that was it. Nothing after that.

HA!  The slap heard 'round the world!  Yes, Jennifer it's all about YOU!  She's really creeping me out with her inappropriate need to meddle in her son's sex life and pushing Paige on him constantly.  He's just entered college, and she wants him permanently attached to Paige, what's up with that?  The wanting to break into Eve's apartment is a tad sick...and since when do you open someone's hotel room door looking for them?  She has no boundaries apparently.  Well, I for one, hope JJ and Eve continue to hook up...just so I can see Jen's head explode lol.

JJ/Eve remain the best part about this whole sordid mess... which, again, isn't saying much but I don't know where they go from here. Obviously, the next step is for Paige to find out. (snore) We're going to get treated to weeks of Eve following Jen around begging her not to tell Paige... rather like Nicole followed Eric around begging for his forgiveness for what felt like two months. Eve is the designated loser here so she's going to from having nothing (which, let's face it, is where she's been for awhile now) to having... more of nothing. Ooo. Burn. Maybe if they had developed anything positive between JJ and Eve this exposure would have resulted in... something. As it is, they only decided to have her acting jealous as a last ditch attempt to... I don't even know. Eve hasn't been proud of herself in any of this so it's not exactly the result of Dorian and Joey getting found out. And all that's going to happen is Paige is going to hate her mother more than she does now. I suppose its earned but, at the same time, Eve did manage to raise a daughter who got into Stanford... she wasn't perfect, certainly, but it seems that any shred of goodness she had, she put into Paige. Everyone in Salem seems to absolutely adore Paige and Eve the Reviled is the one who raised her. She must have done something right. Actually, it'd be nice if JJ was the one who pointed that out to people Everyone can say that Eve probably drove her husband/Paige's father away but it remains that he ditched them... and more importantly, ditched his daughter too so he's not exactly covered in glory himself.

I guess, at this point, all I see is Eve getting kicked around while begging for forgiveness and getting kicked around some more while JJ gets sucked into the Paige/Cole crap and either rescues Paige so that all is forgiven or... well, I guess that's really the only outcome I see. I honestly don't know what they do for Eve... I mean, I know what I'd prefer to see but they won't ever play it out. It would require some actual care as well as a legitimate point of view from Eve... as well as some acknowledgement that as imperfect and fucked up as she is, she managed to do a few things right.

I don't see it happening. 

Soap actors have to spend so much time being measured in their responses, drawing out plots as they do on soaps, that an opportunity like this to show anger! shock! disgust! self-loathing! must be like sinking your teeth into a nice juicy steak after denying yourself beef for months. 

And Eve - in spite of myself I felt sympathy for her. KDP's facial expressions speak volumes, don't they? Just awesome.

She's really good at that. Blair on OLTL was not my favorite character at all. She was the spoiler for a pairing that I loved at the time and was hardcore invested in and just wanted her out of the way. And then there was this one scene... it was one scene. Hell, it was one moment in that scene and all of the hate I had for the character turned instantly into sympathy and love and all I wanted was for her to find someone who really loved her for her. KDP is wonderful. She can do a hell of a lot without dialog. It's why I'd really like it if they got her out of this and gave her something far more worthy to do but... what is that exactly? What's available to her at the moment?

Very little sadly.

• Love 6

Dandesun -- very cool about OLTL KDP. That scene yesterday could be my special KDP moment, too. I'll let you know, lol! 

Just be warned... once you love her, it doesn't go away. Hey, I followed her here to this show. She's just one of those great soap ladies. She's a team player, always gives 100%, she's not perfect (she has a tendency to go shrill and sometimes uses her hands rather awkwardly) but she can do those quiet, devastating moments that just punch you right in the gut when you least expect it. And she's really good at comedy, too. 

It would actually be really nice if they gave her something screwball to do to counteract this current mess.

Okay, KDP fangirl mode off. Based on some spoilers for this week... JJ is wasting little time in totally disappointing me.

• Love 7

With the way Adrienne has been hanging around Lucas, she should be very careful with what she says to and about Will.

I'm glad Lucas asked Adrienne for some space.  Lucas was cheated on by Carrie and Chloe so he knows what it feels like.  I hope Lucas will remain one of the few people in Salem who hasn't cheated.

It's to bad they couldn't get AS to agree to be recurring.  Sami/Lucas really reuniting in time to deal with Will's latest crisis would have been great.

• Love 3

I think Jocasta might be the best nickname yet for Jennifer.

This is PERFECT. 

And Show, please give Nicole a friend. Just one will do so she doesn't have to spend her time talking to herself since she doesn't have anyone else talk to.

• Love 6

I can not believe raccoon Jen is STILL trying to get JJ and Lima Bean back together. He banged her mother multiple times and she still thinks they can have a future together. She's gross and sickening. Let it go you stupid idiot. She needs to be slaughtered. 

• Love 8

Well, if I was Paul, I'd be happy to hang around so I could gauge what my chances with Sonny are. I noticed Paul only left when Will asked again and even then he was looking behind him to hear more.

Okay, Will cheated, but Sonny really rubs me the wrong way with how he treats Paul in relation to his marriage. Paul felt he had a right to stand there because of what Sonny said. It's these kind of mixed signals that make Paul think he has another chance with Sonny, and maybe he does for all I know.

I felt like I was watching a man have a heated discussion with his soon-to-be ex-wife and his new girlfriend was invited to participate (to put it in heterosexual terms that are easy for me to identify with). Paul was just out of place and it irritated me.

I'm an intensely private person, so I know that if something like this were to happen to me, I would never let the third party be privy to the discussions I have with my husband. Sonny has had to defend his marriage to Paul since November and Sonny doesn't know yet if he will take Will back. Even from a pride point of view, why allow Paul to be there?

Anyway, Sonny is a hypocrite for saying that Paul has to be included now because of Will. Paul has been a specter hovering over Will and Sonny's marriage since November because of Sonny.

@271days, I have to say that I'm enjoying reading your posts regarding this triangle.  You and I seem to be the only two who actually get that Sonny is not perfect and is, whether intentionally or not, leading Paul on and giving him false hope for the future that may or may not truly be there.  That is his doing, and his alone.  Not Will's.  Not Paul's.

I'm just glad that his halo is finally being at least somewhat tarnished.

OMG.  "Get back together with the girl you dated for all of two seconds even though you have been having sex with her mother," has got to be some of the worst parental advice ever.

I wish Chad did want revenge, and had a video of the boring twit begging to be EJ's mistress.  I would love for Chad to simply say, "Sami adopted and took care of Grace, Johnny and Sydney are my nephew and niece.  You might not care if they get hurt, but I do."

• Love 8
(edited)

Melissa, Casey, and Kassie are killing it. What a shame they don't have writing worthy of their respective talents. JJ telling Jennifer when and why things happened highlighted how poorly this story has been plotted. At one point, I could actually see Casey struggling to make some sense out of it.

Dan was such an ass to Nicole and Serena. Someone should smash that elephant over his head, hopefully killing him in the process. The only person worse was his daughter, acting like a toddler grabbing Teresa's badge and sticking it down her shirt. I can't believe a hospital employs her.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 4

How is Sonny leading Paul on, unintentionally or not?

After Sparkle had harassed Sonny for the 34th time about getting back together I would have liked for Sonny to put a hit on him. That would let Sparkle know for sure that Sonny didn't want his desperate ass. That might be a bit extreme though. 

How is Sonny leading Paul on, unintentionally or not?

I think he keeps giving Sparkle just enough to work with for Sparkle to keep hoping.  I don't think it's intentional but I think it's real.  Obviously it's a plot device that they keep having Sonny interrupted and prevented from answering the question of whether he married Will because he couldn't marry Paul, but as has been said he has never said he stopped loving Paul.

It may be my imagination but I see Sonny and Paul as having had a more mature, equal relationship than Sonny and Will and that within the confines of a closeted life, Sparkle may have been a much more giving partner in a relationship than Will is and has been lately.  (This is strictly regarding NuWill, as he seems like an entirely different character to me than when CM was playing Will).

To be honest, though, I'm mostly Team Sparkle because he's hot and he and Sonny are hot together.  It doesn't take a lot to please me.

• Love 4

It occurred to me after the fact that Jennifer caught JJ and Eve in flagrante and then stood there and watched while they both got dressed.

Yes, RK, yes -- I forgot all about that - the horror of being naked and having to dress while being yelled at. I thought of that scene in The Catcher in the Rye where Holden is caught in some difficulty and his inner thoughts are all about how he's dressed in his pajamas at the time. I should find and cite that part of the novel but I'm too lazy, sorry : )

• Love 2

Theresa to Eve: "If you were a lady, I'd say you were protesting too much."

Melanie:Why do you have to be a bitch all the time?

Theresa:Because I can be.

Yes, Jennifer, it's all about you.

Ugh, Nicole, find some self respect.

Parker has lines!

• Love 3

Damn Judgy not everything is about YOU. Bitch get over your fucking self.

Dingy is just a Grade A Asshole.

Theresa should have punched Toothy for taking her badge and putting it in her bra. Now Theresa has to dust hers off and get it checked for lice and whatnot. Toothy you have a temporary one, you lost yours, shouldn't be getting top priority because you can't keep a hold of your shit.

Relatively boring ass episode, since I really don't have much to say about it.

• Love 4

It occurred to me after the fact that Jennifer caught JJ and Eve in flagrante and then stood there and watched while they both got dressed.

She should have excused herself but I guess she wanted to be a peeping tom of a sort.

• Love 2
If I ever had any respect for Jennifer Horton it is all gone now.  She gives one child a hug and kiss for doing wrong while she abuses the other one for the same thing.

Of course Jocasta was mad at JJ.  She wants her Oedipus all to herself.

• Love 4
(edited)

The writers are so blatantly obvious with who their favorites are, and who the supposed bad guys are that I'm automatically inclined to like the characters they are so biased against.

This is another reason they fail.  A good rivalry on a soap should have some balance, and it should be left up to the fans who they want to root for.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 9

The writers are so blatantly obvious with who their favorites are, and who the supposed bad guys are that I'm automatically inclined to like the characters they are so biased against.

This is another reason they fail.  A good rivalry on a soap should have some balance, and it should be left up to the fans who they want to root for.

It's like fanfic. I mean, I love fanfic and have participated in it for most of my life and we all know that authors have preferences... but a good story, especially a serialized one, offers a chance to dig deeper than usual. For one thing, it's said that a hero is only as good as his/her villain and that's true... heroes need to earn their status by overcoming their obstacles; not get dumbed down to the point where it all gets handed to them. Boring!

• Love 2

If I ever had any respect for Jennifer Horton it is all gone now.  She gives one child a hug and kiss for doing wrong while she abuses the other one for the same thing.

You remind me of the line from Sense and Sensibility about Mrs. Ferrars, the mother who ended up "bribing one son with a thousand a-year, to do the very deed which she disinherited the other for intending to do."

• Love 4

I like how Melanie ignores her own bitchiness because walking up to Theresa and demanding a new ID card is how professional adults act--and it sounds like she had a temp one because she didn't like how her original ID looked.  Interesting how when Melanie acts childish and bitchy we are supposed to think it's cute or somehow justified.

• Love 8
(edited)

Theresa to Eve: "If you were a lady, I'd say you were protesting too much."

Yes, Jennifer, it's all about you.

Ugh, Nicole, find some self respect.

Parker has lines!

You got all the highlights from today.  Nicole's apology tour was bad enough, but now she's on her "Kick me, I'm Nicole" tour.   I'm ready for her Uzi tour.  She can visit the same folks.

Damn Judgy not everything is about YOU. Bitch get over your fucking self.

Dingy is just a Grade A Asshole.

Isn't he just!  I can't get over how SC seems to think that hitching up his pants and walking like he's John Wayne, while furrowing that withered face is supposed to convey "thinking".  It looks more like a urinary tract infection to me.  

Maybe he should have taken a tad more acting classes and a few less tanning sessions.

The woman is nuts.  I know that some folks saw good acting from MR the past few days, and I'm glad you did.  Unfortunately, all I saw was the same pinched-face, disapproving, withered "and your little dog too" expression she wears constantly.  It didn't help that she was dressed like a Grade C Mission Impossible Tom Cruise, either.

I thought Casey Moss was fantastic, utterly fantastic today.  He sold his story, owned his pain, his confusion, and dominated those scenes.  The guy just continues to get better and better, and I think that means a lot since he's doing it with this crap storyline.  So JJ lays it all out for that horror of a mother, his hopelessness, all of it - and he owns his part, doesn't let her brush it all off on Eve.  And Jocasta Jenn sits there with her constipated face, seemingly listening, until we know she's not.  

After all he said to her, Jenn basically said, "Yeah yeah yeah, Eve slept with you because she HATES ME.  Eve blah blah blah HATES ME."  Get it JJ??   Everything in the world is about your mom and don't you forget it!

Any mother who demands that sort of detail from an adult son about his sex life, or emotional life, deserves a big FU.  

Though she's right.  Everybody does hate her.  I wonder if she'd ever stopped to wonder why so many people are out to do her wrong?

Wretch.

You remind me of the line from Sense and Sensibility about Mrs. Ferrars, the mother who ended up "bribing one son with a thousand a-year, to do the very deed which she disinherited the other for intending to do."

Is it too much to hope they read this at their next book club?  Although I really doubt Jenn is able to read anything at all since it's not about her.  Or, is it????

And all Abigail reads are the instructions on her blow-up Ken doll.

I like how Melanie ignores her own bitchiness because walking up to Theresa and demanding a new ID card is how professional adults act--and it sounds like she had a temp one because she didn't like how her original ID looked.  Interesting how when Melanie acts childish and bitchy we are supposed to think it's cute or somehow justified.

I'm Team Theresa all the way, all the time.  Yep, I know she's wrong and done wrong and all that, but I so prefer her to virtually all the other two-faced "good folks" of Salem.  I like her and Nicole being friendly, and I'm looking forward to her and Theresa at least calling a truce.

And most important of all, when Melanie is onscreen, that means Abigail isn't.

So how much you want to be that Jenn blackmails Eve about the JJ sex to get her to let Paige and him get back together?  Although Paige might not like it so much, since JJ will NEVER get it up again, now that he has to report home to mommy about his sex life on a daily basis.  

With Jenn's constant questions, she'll know where every mole and scar Paige has only moments after JJ finds them.

Edited by boes
  • Love 11
(edited)

So, Jennifer's done being cool. I guess I'll wait another ten years for a good Jennifer day. Thanks, writers!

Goddamn elephant statue. Unless "he" who wants Serena to get that bloody elephant is Stefano and unless Serena is Serena Dimera and unless she needs the elephant because it contains just the thing to make EJ undead-then who cares???

Her ENTIRE storyline is about an elephant statue. That's it. That's the whole enchilada. I feel for the actress. How in the name of Alice is someone supposed to make an elephant statue story work? Howwwww??

And now...NOW...instead of having to get it from her love interest which was the only remotely soapy thing about it- and even that wasn't soapy so forget I said that- but now she has to get it from a friggin TODDLER. Whaaa-whaaat??? How did we go from totally inane and not the least bit soapy to totally inane, not the least bit soapy, and now sort of a children's program?

As tired as I am of the Wilson story or the Jeve affair or any of it, at least they're soap opera and....you know....not an elephant statue story.

That's the other thing. I wish people would stop saying Serena is looking for an elephant. It's not even that interesting (which wouldn't be interesting at all so forget I called it that, but at least she'd be looking for a majestic creature). But Noooo. She's not looking for an elephant. She's looking for an elephant STATUE. A small one. An ugly one. And we have no idea why. Only she knows. And the voice on the phone. The voice on the phone knows. Voice on the phone is no doubt another newbie not connected to anyone.

Seriously. I think Melissa Arcer's industry is playing a joke on her. By god it has to be a joke. Like they're totally going to reveal it as such on April Fool's Day. I just know it.

Okay. I am done rambling.

Roman's botox hurts my eyes.

Edited by Thorpe
  • Love 5

I thought Casey Moss was fantastic, utterly fantastic today. He sold his story, owned his pain, his confusion, and dominated those scenes. The guy just continues to get better and better, and I think that means a lot since he's doing it with this crap storyline. So JJ lays it all out for that horror of a mother, his hopelessness, all of it - and he owns his part, doesn't let her brush it all off on Eve. And Jocasta Jenn sits there with her constipated face, seemingly listening, until we know she's not.

After all he said to her, Jenn basically said, "Yeah yeah yeah, Eve slept with you because she HATES ME. Eve blah blah blah HATES ME." Get it JJ?? Everything in the world is about your mom and don't you forget it!

Ugh, that was straight-up hideous. After her son finishes telling her how much he hates himself and feels like he's unworthy of love and happiness, does Jocasta Jen (love the nickname!) hug him or even pat him on the damn shoulder, reassure him, and promise to get him some therapy for his obviously massive issues? No, she does not. She basically says, "...Okay, but BACK TO ME. This is all really about ME, you see. ME, ME, ME!"

Jack's Photo is super-pissed, y'all.

I too think Casey Moss did some really great work today. Both he and KDP are trying their best with this stupid, stupid story. I didn't think MR did as well today as I've seen her do before, but maybe Jen's horribleness blinded me. And the longer she wears that dumb cat burglar outfit, the more I hate it.

For a horrible moment when Jocasta and JJ got home, and she was calling for Abigail, I thought she was going to bring Abigail in to stand in and judge like JJ's third parent, a la when the Walshes let Brandon help them scold Brenda on 90210, but with an extra dose of grossness and heaping hypocrisy. If that had really happened, my head might have actually exploded.

And most important of all, when Melanie is onscreen, that means Abigail isn't.

I keep trying to repeat this to myself whenever Mel starts irritating me (usually about 5 seconds into her scenes), but... gah. I know Theresa is inexplicably, unnecessarily hateful to people a lot of the time, but Melanie's little "teehee, I 'lost' my ID card because the picture was unflattering-" like, welcome to ID photos, idiot; suck it up, "-and you should fix it RIGHT NOW" just set my teeth on edge. But at least Melanie's haircut was cute, and I do like her being on good terms with Nicole.

• Love 6

I don't know if it's fair to say Abigail reminds Jennifer of herself. I remember that Jennifer was a bit of a pampered princess, but I don't remember her being quite so spiteful as Grabbigail becomes when anyone questions her entitlement to new pretty shiny toys. Of course, the writers might be trying to establish a parallel between Abigail and her mother's younger self, and they're just ... failing.

(edited)

I don't think Jennifer was anything like Abigail. I don't even think Jennifer is anything like Abigail now. Jennifer is a bit screechy, breathy, and judgmental when you get in her face,  but I think her faults are more like the rest of us regular humans, whereas Abigail seems much more actively malicious when she wants something. 

I suppose Jennifer can fall prey to delusion where Daniel is concerned, but I don't think she's fully aware of what she's doing  (and usually there's an upside, like Eric finding  out the truth about those documents -- someone did get helped in the process of Jennifer's sanctimony)  whereas I believe Abigail fully knows what she's doing with the kind of malice she's willing to strike when she wants someone like EJ (KM plays her that with the weird line readings and smirk). Maybe it takes sex to bring that side out of Abigail, but I think the malice is strong on that one where sex is concerned. 

Edited to add:

Okay, Jennifer has terrible parenting skills which is not a regular human flaw. But I still think she's quite different from Abigail, who seems more similar to the other bad girls on this show, but can get away with it because everyone thinks she's wonderful for some reason. 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3