Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Oh, so Judgy wants to commit breaking and entering in that hideous ass outfit. Also stop quoting Aretha Franklin with a "liar and a cheat", cause Judgy you're not good enough to quote Miss Franklin, especially in front of that mutant thing that pooped out of your crotch a couple of years ago known as Jar Jar. I use to be an investigative reporter, well sweetie committing a crimes isn't the way to go. Judgy saying she has to do something, well I have an idea, she can set herself on fire, take a flying leap off a cliff onto a bed of spikes, sit herself right in the middle of a pack of lionesses, beam herself and her trashbag daughter of hers back into space where they belong. You know the possibilities are just endless on what she can.

GMAB the door is open and Judgy is calling out for Roxanne and Suddenly Southern and Judgy don't hear that shit? She even pokes that damn head of hers in the room door and calls out for Roxanne and these two horn dogs don't even hear that. You're in the middle of foreplay, should be able to hear Judgy, she's shrieking the call of the pterodactyl which even the deaf can hear.

Suddenly Southern is so fucking annoying, irritating, obsessed, loser, dumbass, just about every bad word you can think of, describes this useless heifer. I loved Roxanne saying, "Say it to the wall bitch." Let's keep Roxanne, she sees what we all see in Suddenly Southern. An obsessive nutjob like her doink the clown daughter Lima Bean.

Anything to justify your cheating right Sneasel? Sonny married me because he's desperate to marry someone. In the real world if we seen Sonny & Sneasel together we would say that Sonny had to be desperate to marry that. When RoboMar is the voice of reason, it's beyond scary.

Mrs. Narita needs to stop looking like she has a big shit lodged up her ass and it won't come out. She's weird, something is not right with her when she pokes her head back in TBD and smiles at Yawn & RoboMar.

Sorry, still not behind Adrienne and Lucas. If Adrienne was single, fine, but since she's not she better know boundaries otherwise her vitriol towards Sami will all be water under the bridge. Maybe she'll learn about Sonny & Sneasel before crossing the line with Lucas.

Naggie just looks too damn dated, she looks like she needs to be on the set Downton Abbey.

• Love 4
(edited)

I read on another board that Will will blackmail Paul's mom and Lucas will talk to Paul about leaving Wilson alone..Are they deliberately trashing Will to make Sparkle a better partner for Sonny...I am not liking where this is going. I don't understand why Will is so surprised that Sonny had proposed to Sparkle in the past..Does he not remember that Sonny had a past before him..He was the virgin and not Sonny. He cheated on Sonny and he needs to take responsibility for his actions and move on...Let Sonny cool off and  let him seek you out, when he is ready...Getting in his face and whining about his past with Paul is not going to help him get Sonny back....I love the conversation between Will and Marlena, she told him what he needed to hear, he was wrong period...

Edited by Apprentice79
(edited)

I don't know what was funnier: Paul referring to Will as "hot" and "intelligent", or Jennifer walking in on her grown son fucking a woman her age. I did appreciate MR injecting the crazy eyes into her scenes today. I have to wonder what she thinks of this strange story, particularly Jennifer's creepy behavior.

I couldn't believe that not only was Abigail dressed sorta semi-appropriate for work, she also used facts, logic, and reason when speaking with Jennifer.

And then we had Will blaming Sonny for his cheating, again, and then complaining that Jackson never told him about Paul when Will himself specifically said he didn't want to know about Jackson's past relationships. Not to mention, Jackson honored his promise to Paul.

I like the way Freddie played the last scene with not answering if he only proposed to Will because Paul turned him down. I have a feeling the answer is no, but Will will use Jackson's hesitation against him and act like that excuses him spreading his legs in violation of his marital vows.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 2
(edited)

As a Will fan, I gotta say homeboy is focusing on the wrong thing. I don't agree with RoboMar a lot,but she did well to steer Will back to the fact that his cheating is responsible for the mess he's in.

That said, Will is entitled to feel how he feels and I don't begrudge him one bit. I've been in his shoes and I believe he would feel like that even if he hadn't cheated.

When Paul first came on the scene,I bet my house that Will was going to infer greater meaning to Paul and Sonny's relationship because Sonny hid it, and that is exactly what is happening now.

It really has nothing to do with Sonny, because it's Will's own issue, but that long pause when hopeful Paul was asking Sonny if it's true that he married Will because he couldn't have Paul, doesn't help. And then of course Will had to hear that part.

I get why Will feels the way he does. I've written pages and pages about it. Sonny has driven most of their relationship and all the major milestones have been his idea:Moving in together, Living with Gabi and Ari, getting married. Looking back, it has that paint-by-numbers feel to it and Insecure Will is going to fixate on that for sure.

Right now, Sonny is not in a position to reassure Will because he has his own set of questions that must be answered. I'm sure Will will want things to work out, but a few more scenes like today's and I can see Will pushing Sonny away.

Sparkle was a stand-up guy today, telling Sonny to talk to Will and saying that Will loves Sonny. I'm confused about Sparkle now. But of course the suspicious part of me thinks it would be stupid of Sparkle to badmouth the hubby and not corroborate what he said.

Anyway, It looks like Sparkle will be Jawn's. I was bothered about Sparkle being tied to a legacy family at first, but then I realised I have no use for Jawn anyway.

I'm so glad Judgy caught JJ and Eve. I'm enjoying the quicker reveals. Although, am I really supposed to be that invested in the reveal to Lima Bean after this?

ETA: Will, of course Sonny doesn't want you to pick him up. Will has got to relax and give Sonny some space. I know people who cheat just want to rush to the forgiveness and fix-it part, but Sonny hasn't had as much time to process this.

Edited by 271days
  • Love 3
(edited)

You are correct in your assertions 271 days. Don't forget Nick told Will snidely that Sonny only wanted him because Will and Arianna provided him  with stability and a home..Sonny had lived his life and settled for average Will...Nick always knew how to get under Will's skin... Will Sonny see Arianna before he goes away? It would be nice to see him with her....

Can we keep Roxanne? I like her and the actress is engaging and charismatic....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5
(edited)

I can't believe I'm about to show Jenn some charity, here, but I'm not seeing her meddle because she thinks JJ and Paige are each other's one true love. I think what burns her about the breakup is her unrelenting suspicion that Eve was behind it. It's more about Eve than young love, is what I'm saying.

edited to make sense out of my last sentence. 

Edited by Lastwaltz
  • Love 2

Surprised that there wasn't a massive disaster at TBD today with all the anvils falling indicating that John is Paul's father. 

JJ needs to issue a restraining order for Eve. Also his mother, now that I think about it.

Hopefully there will be progress in the Will/Sonny/Paul storyline instead of the major players just rehashing the details over and over. And over. 

Roxanne, please don't leave us! You can act! You seem interesting! Come back, come back!

Lucas and Adrianne. Eh. 

• Love 3

It seems to go back and forth. She'll go on a rant about how miserable JJ is without Paige and encourage him to basically do everything in his power to get her back thinking that will fix everything and then she hisses at Eve about 'what you did to my son!' -- the thing is, it goes hand in hand. JJ can't very well get Paige back because of what he and Eve have been doing to each other. The real issue for me here is that JJ is likely to get a complete pass on this. Eve is the Evil Seducer and JJ is the Young Romeo Led Astray by the Older Seductress...

And that's not cool with me... because JJ may not be proud of himself in all of this but he sure as fuck didn't do a damn thing to stop any of it. I hate it when they play that card on soaps... I get it to a point. When you're married to someone or in a relationship with someone you want to hold the one who lured them away accountable because of the relationship you had... when, in fact, you really do need to hold it against the person who cheated just as much if not more. Jen is definitely going to hold Eve as the only one responsible... I even get that but it's not going to be fun to watch.

Very little of what Jen has done since I've started watching this show has been fun to watch. So, yeah, not looking forward to it at all.

Oh, the other thing that makes me laugh in the 'Oh Lordy' kind of way... the rags and their headlines like 'Eve's World Falls Apart!' -- like Eve's world has been going great lately? Can we not agree on the fact that Eve's 'world' has been in shambles for months? Hell, it's been a mess since she came on the show. It's not like she's being knocked off a pedestal. She's already in the gutter... now she's just going to get kicked around some more. That's not fun, either. Her daughter hates her already! She's engaged in a sordid affair with said daughter's ex-boyfriend that she is consistently not proud of and obviously messed up about even as she continues! Everyone hates her! She has no friends and what little family she has barely tolerates her! But let's watch while this 'world' of her comes crashing down!

How satisfying is it for someone to go from low to lower? Not that satisfying. Clyde? That's a guy who needs to come crashing down. Serena? How far is her 'fall' going to be when this elephant bullshit gets revealed finally? I'm guessing she's not likely to get ostracized or anything like that. Eric will probably get into a snit for awhile but it won't be anything compared to the snit he got into over Nicole. Will's world has come crashing down and he's still got a support system as well as people vouching for his love of Sonny! Hell, even Theresa has a friend in Anne while Brady keeps looking at her with what I assume is some conflict. But Eve isn't going to get that... again, she started out low (stealing money from veterens! EVIL!!) and there's really nowhere else for her to go. There's no real satisfaction to be found here.

• Love 5
(edited)

Sonny, "Decisions, decisions.  Whiny selfish Will, or stalker Paul?  Marlena's family or John's family?  I'll take door number three."

Door number three... Hmm.. Brent! or Brian? Maybe Brent will change his mind about Sonny "not being his type" and come back.

It seems like the writers have forgotten that Will was not the only guy Sonny dated since he came to Salem... There was Brian. Others off-screen. And Sonny said it himself to Will once, "I haven't exactly been a monk since I came to Salem, I just haven't connected with anyone."  So no Will, he did not jump in a relationship with you coming straight from Paul Narita's branch

Why is it so hard for Will to understand: Sonny and Paul's past relationship is none of his business. He is only upset now because he is feeling insecure that Sonny proposed to someone else first, but Will needs to stop acting all entitled, "Oh why did he not tell me?", Uh, no, he did not have to.

Why is nobody asking Sonny how he feels about Paul now? Should that not also be an important question? Hmm, Paul defending  Will and telling Sonny Will still loves him and that he should talk to him. Look at him being all nice and defending Will. I can not help but wonder if he is still playing about, maybe he thinks it is better to not say anything bad about Will for now to make himself not look like the bad guy.

Edited by Ruby Red
  • Love 6
(edited)

Friday's episode was such a snooze. I kept checking to see how much more I had left to watch. It was that bad to me.

Lawd, Jen with that struggle fishtail braid in her head. Just no! 

Paul thinks Will is hot and intelligent? He must have gotten beaned in the head with one too many baseballs. Are we sure it wasn't a head injury that kept him outta the major and not his arm?

I temporarily ventured onto another board...apparently there are people who like Abifail and actually thought Abifail/EJ could potentially become a real couple. Oh. 

There are also people who can't wait for Abby and Chad to get together and see mad chemistry between. I myself questioned whether I can even continue to watch this show when I saw yesterday that the show is really, really indeed going in that direction. Abigail wanting to know what Chad meant when he said that it wasn't supposed to be about Jordan made me ragey. I said in a post days ago that I knew her little squirrel brain had latched unto that little morsel due to permanent state of compliment thirst. Heffa knew damn good and well what Chad meant because she thought as much when he started dating Jordan to begin with.  

Hard to believe that the same people who cast Roxanne also cast Mrs. Narita. Mrs. N makes Guy look like a young Laurence Olivier. Where did they find her?

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 4

Why do the idiot mother and daughter creatures find it so hard to believe that JJ would be with Roxy?

Why is Maggie encouraging Lima Bean to go celebrate with her mother the anniversary of her father abandoning them? What is wrong with these freaks?

Adrienne and Lucas need to stop bonding. It's gross.

Suddenly Southern and JJ are nasty. Suddenly Southern is really jealous that JJ was talking to another woman. How pathetic. Even more pathetic is how she got read for filth by a 20 year old and there was absolutely nothing she could say.

We need a scene of Sonny alone talking to himself where he explains why he really married Will.

Sparkle's mother is a weirdo and she needs to leave.

Abifail's airtime needs to go to Roxy.

• Love 5
(edited)

Adrienne and Lucas need to stop bonding. It's gross.

We need a scene of Sonny alone talking to himself where he explains why he really married Will.

Sparkle's mother is a weirdo and she needs to leave.

I was proud of Lucas for saying that he wants to take a step back from Adrienne, but then more flirting. Ugh.

I'm actually praying Adrienne sides with Sparkle and his lifesaving blood so Lucas will stop giving her the time of day. I hope Adrienne is offscreen if Sonny is offscreen and that Lucas spends more time with Will (and Zoe) as a result.

Sparkle's mother is so bad, I can't believe they are centering a whole storyline on her. On the other hand, I can see why Jawn liked her.

We've seen Sonny say that he didn't marry Will because he couldn't have Sparkle, and I said at the time that Will needs to hear it too. Now is Sonny's chance,but perhaps that only applied when Will wasn't a cheater?

A radio spot wasn't enough time for Tom Hanks in Sleepless in Seattle, but regardless, I'd be happy if Sonny could mention just one reason for why he married Will. And none of that tripe from the vows about giving him a reason to make a home cos that just sounds like Sonny married Will because of Ari.

Edited by 271days
  • Love 2

JJ and Eve have reached the point of comedy for me.  I burst out laughing when JJ ripped off his shirt and she pushed him down on the bed. 

Somehow I think mine is not the anticipated reaction to this fine writing.

• Love 8

I can't believe I'm about to show Jenn some charity, here, but I'm not seeing her meddle because she thinks JJ and Paige are each other's one true love. I think what burns her about the breakup is her unrelenting suspicion that Eve was behind it. It's more about Eve than young love, is what I'm saying.

edited to make sense out of my last sentence. 

It's all about Eve (really wanted to say that!).  Jenn has hated Eve since before she showed back up on the scene, and was only playing sort of nice in the sandbox so that Paige and JJ could be together.  She doesn't really have to do that now, and so she is going after her.  Eve taunted her, which is why she is even more obsessed.  I didn't watch when Jenn was indeed some sort of investigator but I am guessing that if she was that, it's in her blood to figure out what Eve is up to.  It's just that Jenn is so unlikable, but I am not surprised she is curious as hell after last week's convo with Eve.

JJ and Eve are both consenting adults, so everyone will get over it (didn't Dan do Kate's granddaughter?).  But I guess this will lead to some sort of ongoing war between Jenn and Eve.

I love KDP, well loved her on OLTL, but I really don't like her here, and not because she is doing a good job at making Eve unlikable.  I think Eve should be a little bit likable, and kind of "cool" for JJ to be attracted to her, especially after the first time.  Eve is shrill and annoying.  I would change buses to avoid having to talk to her.

• Love 4

I am so confused about Lucas and Adrienne. They are certainly not some hot couple I want, but I enjoy their scenes. I think it just boils down to two characters I've cared about for years, who have been on the backburner for years, and I just enjoy their friendship. Their friendship makes sense. I thought I'd hate it, but I don't. I probably will hate it if they actually have an affair.

The JJ and Eve story is, at this point, gross. Jen walking in on them is a blessing. I just hope Eve decides to come clean with Paige rather than let Jen hold it over her head. Most of all- I hope this brings a complete end to JJ and Eve screwing. I would like to see Eve with men and women her own age. Jennifer, Daniel, Clyde, Kate, Victor, John, Marlena. The possibilities are there.

I'm bored by the Will/Paul/Sonny triangle, but I still like Paul- so the scenes with him and Tori, Marlena and John are interesting to me. If John is his father, that means he cheated on Marlena, right? Unless his sperm was stolen.

• Love 3
(edited)

At least fans of John and Marlena will luck out.  Because it appears JOhn cheated on Marlena off screen.  They will have missed seeing the fllth.

Edited by bobcat1946
  • Love 1

The Adrienne and Lucas scenes were such a throwback to the madcap Lumi scenes.

What's all the big deal with Jennifer stealing Eve's keys when she never even needed them?

Shut up, Will, just, shut up.

• Love 2

I temporarily ventured onto another board...apparently there are people who like Abifail and actually thought Abifail/EJ could potentially become a real couple. Oh. 

There are also fans of JJ and Eve. 

I had a rather disturbing and yet amusing thought today, which may have already been mentioned here. If Adrienne and Lucas were to marry, Will and Sonny would be husbands and step-brothers. What a twisted family tree. Kind of like that old song "I'm My Own Grandpa."

Well, if Paul is John's son, then he's Will's step-uncle.

• Love 1

They keep trying to make will look so bad in comparison with sparkle. What if they make Will go bad in his efforts to win back Sonny. They make sparkle so noble and honest. Corday did say that you can't have good guys in a love triangle. Some of us have speculated that sparkle is a phony. However, what if it is will who goes down the manipulative, scheming road...will is supposed to blackmail sparkle's mom next week...I hope they don't make him so bad that Sonny divorces him and reunites with sparkle...It seems that will may get the Sharon Newman treatment of the young and the restless. Those of you who watch that show know what I am talking about......

• Love 1
(edited)

Show really has SOME nerve.  Here I was, watching Show as usual, playing solitaire, vague images of Easter peeps flitting through my leaky brain, reaching over to pet the dog and then....ABIGAIL MADE SENSE.  Right - just imagine how I felt.  I had to actually pay attention, rewind the dvr, and then listen to that snot-nosed mutant kangaroo tell her mother to back off and back down and not break into Eve's apartment.  Bad enough, that, but then she told Jenn that she was basically obsessed to the point of being unbalanced about Eve.  Abigail said this.  Jar Jar.  Our lip-smacking plastic toy lover.   I know it won't last any longer than these few scenes, and we'll be back to watching her star in her own "I'm Too Sexy for my Hoofs" video in her head while checking off all the men who can't get enough of her on her mental check list.

But Show through me for a loop today and I DO NOT appreciate it.  What's next?  Are we going to see Maggie pole dancing in a string bikini for Victor?  

Is there nothing we can depend on anymore?

And then we have the love that dare not speak its name.....

Jen's obsession with JJ and Paige scares me on so many levels. They're college freshmen. It's okay to not get tied down to one person at that age.

.The thing is, I can't be bothered to mourn this alleged epic love of JJ/Paige despite the fact that I quite liked them at the beginning because... there's no there there. They went from kind of liking each other to apparently being deeply in love in an eyeblink and I can't even buy the deeply in love because I never saw any real indication of it. I still don't. I get that JJ is supposed to be despondent because he lost Paige but all I see is a guy who clearly valued this relationship so much that he did everything wrong. He was dealing with weird Jack shit for some reason that caused him to put distance between himself and Paige and then... he fucked her Mom. 

Paige doesn't know that JJ banged her Mom well before Eve lied about Shane being sicker than he was but she acts like she knows everything and has absolutely nothing good to say about her Mom. Ever. Clearly, Paige will find out the truth and it's going to get worse and I'm supposed to feel righteous indignation as Paige basically burns Eve at the stake in Horton Square with Jenn, Maggie, Kayla and probably JJ cheering her on... but I can't do it. Part of this is because I love KDP no matter what but, really, this show bears a resemblance to all other soaps these days where those who are good are, actually, not much better than those who are bad and yet I'm supposed to be all up for hypocritical bullying.

I'd love for Eve to take a page from Kate's book and cease to give any fucks at all. Paige wants to get in her face about banging JJ? Have Eve coolly tell her daughter that JJ was willing each time and continued to come back for more. That he slept with Eve and then pretended that nothing had happened while he attempted to start things up with Paige all over again... it was only after he went back for more, when he never stopped anything between him and Eve, that he started feeling really bad about himself. And that's his issue that he needs to figure out... everyone has self-destructive tendencies. Eve is clearly fucked up but what's JJ's excuse? That he's young? He still knows how to say NO and he never did... and he kept going back... and he kept continuing and even got to the point where he realized he was going to keep coming back.

The last thing I want to see is Paige and JJ reunite here. Holy crap, that will be insufferable. Especially since they, and Jenn, and probably Abigail and such will be all too eager to smug and smirk in Eve's face about how she "failed" to keep the true loves apart. Oh... just do spare me all of this.

The real issue for me here is that JJ is likely to get a complete pass on this. Eve is the Evil Seducer and JJ is the Young Romeo Led Astray by the Older Seductress...

Oh, the other thing that makes me laugh in the 'Oh Lordy' kind of way... the rags and their headlines like 'Eve's World Falls Apart!' -- like Eve's world has been going great lately? Can we not agree on the fact that Eve's 'world' has been in shambles for months? Hell, it's been a mess since she came on the show. It's not like she's being knocked off a pedestal. She's already in the gutter... now she's just going to get kicked around some more. That's not fun, either. Her daughter hates her already! She's engaged in a sordid affair with said daughter's ex-boyfriend that she is consistently not proud of and obviously messed up about even as she continues! Everyone hates her! She has no friends and what little family she has barely tolerates her! But let's watch while this 'world' of her comes crashing down!

How satisfying is it for someone to go from low to lower? Not that satisfying. Clyde? That's a guy who needs to come crashing down. Serena? How far is her 'fall' going to be when this elephant bullshit gets revealed finally? I'm guessing she's not likely to get ostracized or anything like that. Eric will probably get into a snit for awhile but it won't be anything compared to the snit he got into over Nicole. Will's world has come crashing down and he's still got a support system as well as people vouching for his love of Sonny! Hell, even Theresa has a friend in Anne while Brady keeps looking at her with what I assume is some conflict. But Eve isn't going to get that... again, she started out low (stealing money from veterens! EVIL!!) and there's really nowhere else for her to go. There's no real satisfaction to be found here.

You all said it so well it would be redundant for me to even try.  There is no joy in this storyline, not even the sort of furtive enjoyment, at least from the anticipation of the reactions when its found out that I remember from similar storylines on other soaps - Dorian and Joey on OLTL, Erica and Charlie Brent, Tad and Marian on AMC.  I continue to applaud the acting that both CM and KdP bring to it, but there's not much to enjoy or even anticipate.  

While I devoutly hope that Jenn's head explodes - and maybe even Abigail's, we've been watching long enough to know that ultimately all this will do is reinforce their insufferable righteousness and feeling of moral superiority.  And Eve will be trash, just as she is now.  Only difference is, she won't be considered recylable.  

Too bad Show is unaware that the viewers actually like "good" characters.  Because "good" characters, that we often end up devoted to, are generally loving, accepting, kind people with wisdom and compassion.  "Good" characters like Jenn and Abigail advertise their virtue and build upon it only by tearing down and judging others.  They're utterly insufferable.

I at least hope JJ will tell them to STFU when they start hectoring him.   But probably we'll see him back in their familial embrace, ready to be gelded.

And Paige can choke to death on a hairball.  She and JJ dated for a couple of months, they're freshmen in college and she seems to get off far more on feeling sorry for herself than she ever did on JJ anyway.  She also seems to LOVE it when other people feel sorry for her. She should really move in with Jenn - they are spiritually family anyway.

Lawd, Jen with that struggle fishtail braid in her head. Just no! 

Isn't she fetching?  By which I mean, "FETCH, Jenn, FETCH!!"  

Her look reminded me of the old Batgirl theme from the 60's.  

Batgirrrl, Batgirl!
Batgirrrl, Batgirl!
Where do you come from, where do you go?
What is your scene, baby, we just gotta know.
Batgirrrl, Batgirl!
Batgirrrl, Batgirl!
Are you a chick who fell in from outer space?
Or are you real with a tender warm embrace?
Yaaa, whose baby are you?
Batgirrrl, Batgirl!
Yaaa, whose baby are you?
Batgirl!

Because you all KNOW this is EXACTLY what Jenn thinks she looks like, and what she projects.  Yeah, she's sexy.....oy vey...

It's all about Eve (really wanted to say that!).  Jenn has hated Eve since before she showed back up on the scene, and was only playing sort of nice in the sandbox so that Paige and JJ could be together.  She doesn't really have to do that now, and so she is going after her.  Eve taunted her, which is why she is even more obsessed. 

But Jenn is the best MOM ever!  And she's only protecting her son.  You remember, the son she dumped at boarding school in England and then apparently forgot about until the school dumped him back on her doorstep.

But she's the BEST MOM EVER!!

As a Will fan, I gotta say homeboy is focusing on the wrong thing. I don't agree with RoboMar a lot,but she did well to steer Will back to the fact that his cheating is responsible for the mess he's in.

When Paul first came on the scene,I bet my house that Will was going to infer greater meaning to Paul and Sonny's relationship because Sonny hid it, and that is exactly what is happening now.

It really has nothing to do with Sonny, because it's Will's own issue, but that long pause when hopeful Paul was asking Sonny if it's true that he married Will because he couldn't have Paul, doesn't help. And then of course Will had to hear that part.

Sparkle was a stand-up guy today, telling Sonny to talk to Will and saying that Will loves Sonny. I'm confused about Sparkle now. But of course the suspicious part of me thinks it would be stupid of Sparkle to badmouth the hubby and not corroborate what he said.

Marlena was a champ today, talking to Sneasel with both love and honesty.  It reminded me of how stellar she was in his coming out storyline.  I don't often say nice things about Marlena, and I'm sure those statements will be far and few between now and she'll be involved in the Smell the Fart and Sparkle paternity storyline, but today she was great.   

Unfortunately, all of the sense she spoke to Sneasel just can't stick in Sneasel's Swiss cheese brain.  He's bound and determined to weasel his way out of responsibility for his actions and put it anywhere else, on anyone else.  Now that he overheard Sonny and Sparkle's conversation, you can be sure that's all he'll be thinking or talking about.  

I never say nice things about Sparkle, but he was Stand Up Sparkle today.  And dialed back.  All good.  If he turns out to be Jawn's son, I doubt that will last.  If Jawn is his Paw, then soon enough he'll be walking like he has a load in his pants, letting 'em rip and blaming the smell on others, and calling Sonny and Will, "Kid".  God alone knows what we'll see on screen when he meets Brady.  Good Lord.

Edited by boes
  • Love 7

But Jenn is the best MOM ever!  And she's only protecting her son.  You remember, the son she dumped at boarding school in England and then apparently forgot about until the school dumped him back on her doorstep.

But she's the BEST MOM EVER!!

Boes, this is so true. Her justification for leaving JJ at boarding school instead of having him return home for his father's funeral was ridiculous. No wonder the kid has issues! And yes, I do know that the writers created this mess, but they really messed up with this.

• Love 2

Well, if Paul is John's son, then he's Will's step-uncle.

So Salem is in West Virginia? I thought it was in Iowa?

Does my confusion on this issue give me an excuse to cheat? It was the map's fault!

• Love 2
(edited)

I actually want Roxanne to stay. She's realky pretty, can act & was giving Eve a run for her money. She reminded me a lot of Amanda Setton when she was on OLTL. Unfortunately, I think her day player run is over. Maybe, she'll show somewhere else. She was 100% better than Chrishelle Stause ever was.

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 2

Lisa de Cazotte is out as co-executive producer at Days, she took on the role in October 2011.

One good thing about Roxanne being gone is the writers won't have a chance to ruin her.  Now watch them bring her back for a couple of weeks and do just that.

(edited)

Roxanne was a good actress.

Days does a great job with their day players.  If only they showed the same smarts when hiring some of the reguluars.

Edited by boes
  • Love 3

So, Sparkle Paul was being a stand-up Sparkle and telling Sonny that his husband admitted he made a mistake, but still loves Sonny? And Marlena got Won't to sit down and listen, and stop trying to deflect blame for his own actions? And Will actually admitted that such blame-shifting "sounds like me"?

Well, knock me down with a feather!

Also, Sparkle, Spawn of Jawn is unavoidable now, clearly; but all the same I don't want this.

Also also, both Eve and Jenn need new hobbies. Good grief, people!

• Love 6

Man but KdP, MR and CM absolutely nailed their scenes today--very impressed by all three actors.  Their facial expressions reflected their combined feelings of anger, disgust and in CM and KdP's case, self-loathing that it was almost difficult to watch.

I do however have to wonder how Jenn can show so much anger at JJ for hurting Paige and having sex with Eve and yet when she learned about Abby's affair with EJ, she was instantly forgiving.  

And Sneasel was back in full force today when he used Ari and  tried to guilt Sonny into staying in Salem when he said she would miss Sonny if he left Salem.  Will wasn't thinking about his family or hurting Ari when he gave it up to Paul and now he's trying to hurt Sonny.  Nice.

• Love 5
(edited)

Raccoon Jen was completely out of control. How dare you put your dirty paws on someone and smother them. Suddenly Southern should have beat the shit out of the rabid animal, stupid baboon. Southern really should have killed that worthless unstable hyena. 

Kudos to Lucas for doing the right thing. Adrienne is gross though. She actually got offended and hurt when Lucas told he didn't want to cause problems for her and Justin. Justin needs to divorce her thirsty ass.

Of course Show had to keep coming up with convenient interruptions so Sonny never got to tell Will to his face why he married him. 

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 5
(edited)

Based on that last scene today between Will and Sparkle, Is Will going to go to the dark side to get Sonny back? I think his insecurities will push Sonny and Sparkle together...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1
(edited)

Will needs to dial it down several notches. He is fixating too much on Paul, but I get why he's doing it from what I said yesterday.

Personally, if I were Will, I wouldn't have even bothered to tell Paul to his face that I'm never going to lose Sonny. Sneasel needs to learn how to play the game.

To start from the beginning, I understand why Sonny had to talk to Paul. Will has to understand that he has broken Sonny's trust. Although, Will is only human so I get why it stings that Sonny would trust Paul's word more. As I said yesterday, Paul was a stand-up guy when relaying his version of events, but I still don't know how far Sonny should trust him going forward.

I didn't like that Paul was there for part of the conversation about Sonny leaving and I don't agree with Sonny's assessment that this concerns all three of them because of what Will did. The marriage between Will and Sonny is a separate entity from Paul and Will, and if Will shouldn't be bringing up Sonny and Paul to deflect from his infidelity then Paul should not be included in Will and Sonny's relationship discussions.

Will is desperate so I get why he played the Ari card. He's probably scared that he and Sonny will never be able to work things out if Sonny doesn't stay in Salem. And that the more time passes, the more difficult it will become. Will leaving to LA was largely responsible for the disconnect between Will and Sonny in the first place. If the writers could be bothered to let Will show some self-awareness, he could have brought that up.

Of course Sonny would be angry that Will is playing the Ari card, but of course she is relevant. She's his daughter too. It would have been nice to show Sonny's pain at having to leave the family home even though he needs time to think. I don't think that we will even get a goodbye scene between Ari and Sonny and that is a pity.

Part of me thinks Will would be okay with waiting for Sonny if Paul wasn't around. Paul being around is probably fueling his sense of urgency about fixing things. On the other hand, Will is really threatened by Paul so I guess he would prefer to know now if Paul was Sonny's choice so he could be put out of his misery.

It seems like Paul and Will's relationship will be more adversarial going forward but I really hope Will doesn't do something stupid like sleep with Paul again while Sonny is gone.

Adrienne has no room to go after Will when she's sad that Lucas is doing the right thing and taking a step back. No wonder these writers were fired, Lucas and Adrienne are not some epic love.

Edited by 271days
  • Love 1
(edited)

Sneasel please, let's not get all indignant over seeing Sparkles in Sonny's hospital room. Please asking Sparkles what he's doing in Sonny's room, Sonny should be asking Sneasel, "Why the hell were you on your knees and then on all fours." Don't blame Sonny at all for needing confirmation, Sneasel was ready to lie when Sonny confronted him. Sonny is always able to shut Sneasel down and that's just the beauty of Sonny. Sneasel should also stop acting like Sparkles is an inconvenience now, he's the one that invited Sparkles into their marriage.

Was Sneasel trying to be threatening towards Sparkles? LMAO!!! I really think Sparkles can kick his ass. Please Sneasel would go to Hollywood, bring Sami back and have Sami do all his dirty work for him.

Dannifer Pimptress girl please, what the hell are you Dingy's bouncer now? You say who gets to ride his dick and who doesn't? Girl, bye.

Judgy you suck at fighting and JJ you were barely even trying to remove Judgy off of Suddenly Southern. JJ can't say he hate it, because you don't do something you hate. Only thing you do in this world that you should hate is a job (that you hate), and chores like laundry, you hate that shit but you have to do it. Sex completely different matter IMO. OMG Judgy, not everything is about YOU. Suddenly Southern and JJ sleeping together had absolutely NOTHING to do with her. Self-centered much bitch??

Judgy really shouldn't question someone about whether or not a child deserves someone as a parent. She's shown excellent mothering throughout the years with shipping JJ off to boarding school, excusing her daughter's trampy behavior, obsessed with her son's sex life. GTFO Judgy. I see like Judgy like Jar Jar, putting their damn talons and paws on someone and I can excuse her lunging after Suddenly for catching them in bed, but trying to smother her with a pillow, shoving her, and then slapping her, it was just a bit much. Two slaps within a two week time frame the slapping just loses it's dramatic effect cause writers like to use it too often.

You know why when Lima Bean finds out about Suddenly Southern and JJ, it's gonna have no impact whatsoever, because she's such a mopey ass and already knows he cheated but doesn't know with who. She's such a lying ass about not thinking about JJ, and it would have been better and more of an impact if she was a little bit happy while around Daphne or Cole or even if she started hanging around Rory. The girl is just a debbie downer, every scene with her is depressing.

So much for the value of that elephant, just thrown on the couch, half way covered by a blanket. I just find it hard to believe that Parker would be obsessed with that ceramic Pier One with a wooden base.

Lucas backed off which is a good thing, so major kudos to Lucas on this one.

Finally Eric isn't being such a bastard when talking to Nicole and actually hugged her. I can call him Eric instead of Eeyore when he's not being such an ass.

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 5

I do however have to wonder how Jenn can show so much anger at JJ for hurting Paige and having sex with Eve and yet when she learned about Abby's affair with EJ, she was instantly forgiving.  

Since he's been on, Jennifer has always been harder on JJ than she is Abby. The part of me that really wishes the writers would mine history and know the characters they write for wants to believe that there's some kind of subconscious projection of her feelings towards Jack going on. But there's not. She's just a hypocrite. I don't know *why* she'd take out her resentment towards Jack always leaving (or dying) on JJ, but it makes more sense than the idea that she'd parent two children who are relatively close in age so differently.

• Love 2
(edited)

I've always thought Jenn didn't really like JJ all that much.  She likes him to the extent that she can control him, and she basically demands that he submit to her authority (Damn, she's CARTMAN!!), but she has ice in her veins for him as a person.  She was ready to throw him to the wolves when he was in trouble with the law, and even forbade any family members from helping him out.  Not to mention her irrational jealousy when it appeared that JJ was talking to Dan, and was actually helping him.  Her hatred of Eve is much more vital to her than actually loving her son as who he really is, instead of some projection of herself.

Of COURSE Abigail gets a pass - on everything.  I think Jenn sees that little horror as a younger version of herself, and Abigail is such a brainless twit she revels in mommy's approval.  And she gets that approval no matter what or who she's done.  And Abigail "only" hurt Sami - so of course Jenn didn't care.  What a peach.

Jenn is a rotten mother.

Raccoon Jen was completely out of control. How dare you put your dirty paws on someone and smother them. Suddenly Southern should have beat the shit out of the rabid animal, stupid baboon. Southern really should have killed that worthless unstable hyena. 

They could do a Murder on the Orient Express with Jenn as the victim - that's a storyline I'd watch.  Or go with another organ-harvesting storyline, as long as THIS time nobody rescues her.  They could donate her heart to a needy slug.

Maxine's hated for Nicole is getting ridiculous. As if Daniel is a defenseless amoeba who can't think for himself or who hasn't had his fair share of affairs.

Maxine is ridiculous.  She's so invested in Dark Roast Dan and the Deveraux hags she might as well have her bedroom papered with fan posters of them.  

As you say, Dan is no helpless amoeba - he's more like a creeping odiferous bacteria.  As for thinking, you can almost hear the gears creak on the few occasions he actually tries to use that husk of a brain.

Edited by boes
  • Love 7

Parents sometimes have favourites; it's ugly, but it's true. I think it's actually in character for Jennifer to think of JJ as her "bad kid" and Abigail as the "good one." Again, monstrously unfair (and unsupported by the available evidence) but not unrealistic on the whole.

• Love 3

JJ is exactly how Jennifer was as a teen so the reason she is harder on JJ is because he reminds her of her as a teen.

I think Jennifer is taking it worse with JJ then Abby because of the fact that he's sleeping with Eve, her enemy.

• Love 2

Based on that last scene today between Will and Sparkle, Is Will going to go to the dark side to get Sonny back? I think his insecurities will push Sonny and Sparkle together...

I don't know about the dark side for sure, but I think when Sonny comes back he will want to forgive Will, but Will's actions during Sonny's absence or Will's insecurities about Paul will lead to the demise of their marriage. Kind of like in the eighties when Adrienne just couldn't get over Justin's involvement with his family. She pushed him away and he cheated with Anjelica.

Jennifer confronting JJ & Eve was so disappointing. The writers dropped the ball big time. Th actors tried but they can't do all the work, and all three were hamstrung by completely non-sensical steps to get to the reveal. On a related note, Paige is such a saline drip that I just can't be bothered to care. Sure, Eve is a bad mom, but Paige is so boring that I just don't care. Poor Kayla; I don't know how she didn't fall asleep.

Someone really needs to tell Guy Wilson & Molly Burnett TO STOP ACTING WITH THEIR MOTHER FUCKING TEETH!!! Sorry guys, but their "acting" is driving me crazy. And the writing to Will and Melanie is just awful too which only makes things worse. When Will tried to guilt Jackson into staying for Ari and then he tried to threaten Paul, I wanted to drive to Pier One Imports, buy a ceramic elephant, and throw it through my tv screen.

Nicole should have slapped Maxine. I seriously don't understand why she is wasting her time with losers like Dan & Eric.

Lucas' nipples looked quiet perky in that shirt. I guess I'm the only one that likes Lucas & Adrianne.

• Love 1
(edited)

Sparkle should not have been in the room listening to a private conversation between two married people. That was rude. He should have excused himself and let them hash it out...I think Will was desperate  when he mentioned Arianna and I don't think that he was using her in a manipulative way. She is  Sonny's daughter too, he should have gone home and kissed his daughter goodbye and spend time with her before leaving...She has only seen him once and she probably misses him. However, Will has to back off and let Sonny go and have his space....I do notice that Sonny knows how to put Will in his place and it is glorious...lol...Will always submits to Sonny no matter what....lol...I also think that sonny is Will's anchor and without him he will be lost and get into trouble....He told him that in his speech when he was sedated after his stabbing. I would like Sonny to be the screw up for once, he is almost too perfect for my liking..He is fast  becoming a mary sue...I like Sonny and I wish that he was a darker character. Freddie can play it..We have seen hints of it in the past....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

Just popping on to say that Jennifer is a violent narcissist.  It's no wonder her children are totally fucked up.  I'd love it if just one person got to call her what she is, but no.  Everyone has to defer to her or beg for her forgiveness.  It's sick.

Also sick?  The way Nicole has to beg for everything.  It is tiresome.

• Love 5
(edited)

I feel like that is not going to happen.

Apparently FS said in a recent interview that Paul would help Will and Sonny mend their marriage, which is strange...

Sparkle should not have been in the room listening to a private conversation between two married people. That was rude. He should have excused himself and let them hash it out..I

He was going to but then Sonny said, "This includes the three of us." (Which it does not, Sonny) and Paul just awkwardly stood there... And he left when Will told him to leave which for some reason I find funny. I mean, really? Why was he standing there the whole time so oddly and just listening?

I wish there had been a scene with the three of them when all the secrets and lies came out. I wanted that dramatic reveal of Sonny finding out about Horita, Paul about WilSon and Wil about PaulSon when they were all in a scene together.

Edited by Ruby Red
  • Love 1
(edited)

Of course Show had to keep coming up with convenient interruptions so Sonny never got to tell Will to his face why he married him.

Why exactly did Jackson marry Will? Has this ever been articulated on-screen, because I can't think of one single reason why Jackson would want to even associate with Will, aside from having the insta-family that he desperately wanted.

Beyond that, I need the show to articulate why Jackson would even entertain the idea of being with Will in the future, beyond Ari. Will is such an awful human being, I can't fathom anyone wanting to even stand near him, let alone married to him.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 2