Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

It would be nice if Will and Sonny could sort out their issues and figure out what they're going to do without having to deal with that desperado Sparkle. hanging around like a vulture waiting to scavenge the remains of their marriage.

Has the article already come out?

• Love 3

Will cheating was bad enough, but his, "If I had known, he was your ex" lame excuse just made it worse. Sneasel might not have meant for it to sound this way, but it comes across as, "If I had known you knew the guy, I wouldn't have cheated with him, I would have picked some guy you didn't know so I wouldn't get caught."

With these writers' track record, I'm starting to wonder if before Jordan leaves Salem, she will end up apologizing to Rafe for not forgiving him, and choosing to date Chad if Chad turns into a snake.  Which is just dumb, because Chad being a jerk does not negate Rafe's cheating.  Jordan had every right to be angry, ditch Rafe, and move on.

The JJ/Eve SL just gets stranger and stranger.  Please someone rescue CM from this awful SL.

With Sami/EJ, I thought the entire SL proved what Sami had always said.  That EJ didn't love her, he just wanted to own and control her, and she would never be able to trust him.  Sami was right for not wanting to be with EJ, and for choosing Lucas and Rafe over him.  Then the idiot writers ruined everything.  Sami never should have reunited with EJ.  I wish she had shot him in the head again.

I don't want to see Theresa back with Brady.  It will just be another SL where everyone gets to tell Theresa how horrible she is.

• Love 4

If I'd been caught cheating, I don't think my opening gambit the next time I saw my partner would be of the "Let me tell you how it's your fault" variety, but I'm not as smart as Will. I'm sure it will work out splendidly for him.

And, whatever he claims, that is a "it's your fault" explanation. Yes, Sonny didn't disclose that his ex-boyfriend was in town. But that offense is of ten times less magnitude than what Will did, so bringing it up in this context, so early on in what will be a long road to (Will hopes) reconciliation, is just blame-shifting. Will should be focused on explaining why he slept with Paul. Sonny's communication or lack thereof should be tabled for a later conversation after they've discussed the actual cheating.

As for Sonny, while he's hurt and angry, he's not striking me as being in immediate divorce mode. He might decide to divorce Will, but if he does, I think that's going to come down the road after trying to get past what happened and concluding that he can't.

• Love 2

I just finished watching both Monday and Tuesday's episodes.  What a treat to get a heaping dose of BOTH Jenn and Sneasel.  Really, can it get any better?  Why yes, yes, it certainly can....

Okay, we all know the specifics about Eve and her latest train wreck, but JENN DOES NOT.  So for her to go over to Eve's place - AGAIN - and launch into her usual vindictive personal attacks - AGAIN - just confirms what an unbalanced nutjob she really is.  If this behavior was confined only to Eve, maybe it wouldn't be so bad.  But she's done the same thing with Nicole, with Chloe, with Theresa, and I know I'm missing more than a few.  It doesn't matter that the people she's attacking end up to sometimes deserve it - she still comes off as shrill and vindictive, intrusive and just asking for trouble.  And oh how well she's trained that banana slug of a daughter of hers.  I haven't despised a mother/daughter duo this much since the Carey mutants slithered into Pine Valley and helped destroy that soap.

Which is why - especially on Days - I end up liking the villians so much more than the good guys.

Except for JJ.  That guy is a great character, played by a fine actor who is only getting better, stuck in such a rotten storyline.  Both character and actor deserve better.

One thing JJ deserves is NOT to be tied to that harridan, Paige.  She had a brief glimmer of reality on Monday when she said she was acting like a stalker.  She is.  

Oh Sneasel, just.shut.up.

This just can't be said enough IMO.  Everytime he opens his mouth, nothing good comes out.  He's looking more and more like Edgar Bergen's ventriloquist dummy, Mortimer Snerd.  Except Mortimer had more fashion sense, and more sense in general.  And was cuter.  Way cuter.

So I guess we have official confirmation that either Stefano or Jawn is Paul's father. I like the Mama Narita actress.

Probably.  But maybe Mama Sparkle was also shocked into dropping her glass by the trauma of hearing Marlena's voice and then turing around to see the sound coming from a giant inanimate object.  IT'S ALIVE!!!!

Will can be devious, and Sonny knows it well - Sami explained that to him at the time that Will wrote the article about her. She pointed out to Sonny that Will purposely recorded private conversations with family members who had no idea they were being recorded, in order to get his information.

Sneasel is a little sneak, and I doubt Sonny has forgotten that.  He blackmailed - or feebly attempted to - EJ and Stefano.  He conned his mother and EJ into talking openly about their problems and put it all in his article.  He's let people clean up his problems and more than once turned on them when it was convenient.  

Sneasel may play at being the cutest lil' rodent in the maze, but his little rat teeth can bite.

Someone might also want to explain to him that saying "It's all my fault" only works IF you don't follow it with "But it's your fault too".  If Sneasel wasn't such a Uriah Heep of a weasel he's take the blame, take his lumps and only later try to talk to Sonny about the complexities of the situation.  Because right now, there just aren't any for Sonny.  His husband cheated on him. Period.  Sonny has the right to feel the anger, to express it, right now.  Later maybe, there may be a bigger picture he'll be willing to discuss.

Right now Seasel needs to say he's sorry and then keep his mouth SHUT unless he needs to chew some sunflower seeds or something.  

Sparkle......I still see him as a huge narcissistic baby who wants what he wants.  I admit he's behaving well at the moment, but I don't believe he's stepping to the side.  If it turns out that Jawn is his daddy, then he'll have been adequately paid back when he finds out that he's the son of the Supreme Smell the Fart of Salem.  If that's not bad enough, wait till he meets his brother, Brady.  And falls into the cold, robotic embrace of his new stepmother, Gort - I mean, Marlena.

Who wants to be Maggie spikes those lemon bars?  Gotta be a reason she still thinks it's the 80's.

Edited by boes
  • Love 9

"Gort," hee.

It is rather strange that Paul called Will up to ask if he was okay and if he wanted to get together "to just talk."  That's an extremely odd reaction for a man to have who is convinced he's lost any type of relationship with the man he's in love with.  If I were Paul, I'd be staying far away from WIll and strying to convince Sonny I was on his side.

I think it suggests further what an opportunistic, love-the-one-you're-with narcissist Mr. Sparkle is. He told Sonny he'll never feel the same way about anyone else; he never said anything about not feeling anyone else up the same way.

• Love 2

I'm new to the WilSon story and have caught up with it online.

Is CM's Will and GM's Will supposed to be the same person? Because it seems like they are two different characters with the same name.

I just can't with soap show runners. After suffering through watching ATWT being run into the ground, it shouldn't surprise me that CM was done like he was. And no offense to GW, but who is he blowing to keep his job? I don't get it. I can't see GW doing Will's coming out story or anything related to it.

If Sonny threw them both to the side he wouldn't even have time to sling it all over town because he'd be snatched up in about five minutes. He's totally a catch, and his current hair stylist/products are making him even more so.

A new name mashup suggestion inspired by the current circumstances: SWill.

• Love 5

I don't have a problem with Will saying that none of this would have happened if Sonny had been honest. Will already admitted that the cheating is all his fault, so I don't see it as blame-shifting. As I have said before, IMO Paul and Will would have acted differently if they had known, and Sonny keeping Will in the dark definitely contributed to this Perfect Storm. Why did we keep talking about it as a plot point if it hadn't?

I said the very same thing days ago, and rather conveniently, I got completely ignored.  Will wasn't putting the full blame on Sonny.  He was saying that Sonny shared a part of the blame, as well.  Not being honest with Will about Paul kind of got the ball rolling in the first place, and that is his failing, not Will's.  Not Paul's, either.

But everyone loves Sonny so much and thinks he's so perfect and blameless, so naturally, it's just as conveniently forgotten that he played his part in this, too.  But all three men are at fault -- Paul and Will for the cheating, Sonny for his secret-keeping that indirectly (or perhaps even directly) opened the gate for the cheating to happen.

• Love 2

Sparkle should forget about Sonny and move on to plastic mannequin, who seems more like his type. For mannequin it might actually be a small upgrade to go from humping wildebeest Abifail to whatever Sparkle is. I doubt mannequin is too picky about gender when he clearly isn't too picky about what species he molests.

• Love 3

This is my 1st ever comment to this forum, but I had to reply directly to Donny Ketchum's last post.

Everyone must have forgotten (or not have watched) the discussion between Sonny and Adrienne on 12/08/2014.

Sonny clearly explains that 1) Will did NOT want to know about Sonny's past relationships, and 2) Sonny would never out anyone without their permission.  IMO, it was one of the most realistic, understated, and character-driven scenes between a mother and son I've seen in a long time.  Great acting by Judi and Freddie.

• Love 9

This is my 1st ever comment to this forum, but I had to reply directly to Donny Ketchum's last post.

Everyone must have forgotten (or not have watched) the discussion between Sonny and Adrienne on 12/08/2014.

Sonny clearly explains that 1) Will did NOT want to know about Sonny's past relationships, and 2) Sonny would never out anyone without their permission.  IMO, it was one of the most realistic, understated, and character-driven scenes between a mother and son I've seen in a long time.  Great acting by Judi and Freddie.

We've made that arguments lots of times in regards to Will not wanting to know anything about Sonny's past exes. Sonny didn't force Sneasel and Sparkles to sleep together. Yet Sonny is suppose to get the blame for Sneasel and Sparkles dropping their underwear and having sex. They hit a little rough patch in their marriage and Will went out and cheated. Sonny remained faithful and told Sparkles many times that he's not interested and would be happy for him to come out and find someone that will make him happy but it won't be with him. 

It's just ridiculous just like some found fault with Sami for EJ cheating with Jar Jar and casting the blame on the injured party is like an abusive man telling the abused woman that she's at fault for making him hit her.

• Love 7

Sonny for his secret-keeping that indirectly (or perhaps even directly) opened the gate for the cheating to happen.

I don't get how this could actually open the gate to cheating if Will is supposed to be a professional journalist who isn't supposed to sleep with his subjects a) because he's doing a specific job and b) just as importantly, he's married. I just can't wrap my head around the idea that you have to tell Will like he's a 5 year old why he's not supposed to sleep with someone else. What opened the gate to cheating was Will's lack of stupidity and lack of self-control (the same reasons everybody else winds up cheating). 

Perhaps Sonny should have told Will about Paul because of some understanding couples might have about knowing about past relationships (and I'm not sure if Sonny and Will really had such an agreement  in place to disclose who their exes have been) , but I don't think one of those reasons for telling about an ex necessarily needs to be because you have to remind your husband that that  he shouldn't sleep with your good-looking ex. 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 8

"... forsaking all others, including good-looking exes" seems a little redundant, yes.

Is there really a good reason, other than, I don't know, industrial safety concerns, for taking off one's wedding ring? "My boss said' doesn't seem sufficient to me.

• Love 5

As a Wilson fan, I find Will's inability to take responsibility off-putting. He alone is at fault for his infidelity. I still maintain that the infidelity story would have worked better with Sonny due to  his past with Sparkle. Plus, it would have been good to see Sonny screw up for once. I would have liked to see Will's reaction to that, especially since he was so self-righteous and condescending towards Sami, when EJ cheated on her with Abifail. This story makes no sense and that is why soaps are dying..When the audience is left confused and saying that this character would never do this or that..You have lost them...Will's cheating makes no sense at all and that is why the writers who wrote this drivel got fired.....I could see Will cheating out of revenge, if Sonny had been the one to cheat first...Sparkle is very weird, why is he calling Will to shoot the breeze with him..He should be staying away from Will out of respect for Sonny...I read on another board, that even Guy Wilson was perplexed as to why Will would cheat on Sonny...Even the actors know this story is stupid.....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6

If Sonny threw them both to the side he wouldn't even have time to sling it all over town because he'd be snatched up in about five minutes. He's totally a catch, and his current hair stylist/products are making him even more so.

I love that Sonny's superb hair is as much of a draw as his winning personality :)  I agree that if/when he breaks it off with Will, Sonny will be awash with offers of dinner/dancing/trips to Tahiti from a variety of people.

And I think the idea of if Will had known about Paul and Sonny's past he'd never have interviewed Paul to begin with presupposes that Will actually has integrity instead of being the amoral Sneasel he truly is.  This is the same person who secretly taped his own family to get them to spill their guts and then put all of the juicy bits in a story--that's not how a person with ethics acts and I have no doubt that Sonny remembers each and every questionable journalistic move Will has ever made.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 6

I think it suggests further what an opportunistic, love-the-one-you're-with narcissist Mr. Sparkle is. He told Sonny he'll never feel the same way about anyone else; he never said anything about not feeling anyone else up the same way.

I dunno, I think there's a comfort level between Paul and Will because, sex aside, Will was there for him and helped him with coming out to his family, which was a huge step in his life.  There's a connection there, weird as that sounds.

• Love 3

I remember Sonny once noted (or maybe implied) that Paul has a hypnotic effect on people (particularly women). Maybe that's why he thinks Will could have fallen for him.

Since he arrived in town, Sonny has basically been eye fucking everyone he runs into over 18 years of age, regardless of sex.

I said the very same thing days ago, and rather conveniently, I got completely ignored.  Will wasn't putting the full blame on Sonny.  He was saying that Sonny shared a part of the blame, as well.  Not being honest with Will about Paul kind of got the ball rolling in the first place, and that is his failing, not Will's.  Not Paul's, either.

I think this excuse only works if Will and Sonny had an open marriage with the added agreement ex-boyfriends were off limits. So I don't think that Sonny shares any part of the blame for Will cheating. Sonny should not have been running back and forth to Sparkles hotel room, accepting souvenir baseballs. I would even go so far as to say that yes, I think Sonny should have told Will his ex was in town and had been in contact with him. However, Sonny's failure to disclose such facts is in no way to blame for Will failing to keep his dick in a box. So, if the dude was some random that would have been okay? If Will had the strength, commitment and devotion to his marriage, it shouldn't matter who or what Sparkle was to Sonny. That is like a cheating husband saying I will sleep around on my wife but not with any of her friends. That old not shit in my own yard way of thinking.

Plus, Will is that bitch!! Even if he hadn't cheated with an ex of Sonny's, he would have found a way to blame Sonny. If it had of been some random in LA, it would have been because Sonny didn't fully support his move and career change. If it had been a random after he got back in Salem, it would be because Sonny cleared out the bank accounts.

Yeah Parker, that elephant puts me to sleep too. Never mind teddy bears, action figures or blankies, there is nothing a 4 year old likes to cuddle and fall asleep with better than a ceramic elephant on a wide wooden base. It is a wonder Build-A-Bear or Toys R' Us even still exists when all the toddlers are clamoring for Pier One bric-a-bracs. This show!!

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 7

Whatever the circumstances, someone blaming the person they cheated on for their cheating is a bad idea.  Whatever problems there might have been in the relationship, the cheater just made them worse.  Most relationships don't survive cheating.  Couples like Caroline/Shawn who do work things out, do so because they have more reasons for staying together, and are willing to work on their problems, not just sweep everything under the run like it didn't happen.

Will/Sonny, Sami/EJ, Jordan/Rafe, JJ/Paige - why bother?

I do think having Sonny be the one who cheated would have been a better SL.  Since Will has been the screw up in the relationship up to this point, why not let Sonny make a mistake?

I would have loved to see Sami cheat on EJ with Lucas or Rafe when they were fighting about Kristen/Eric.

• Love 1

I do think having Sonny be the one who cheated would have been a better SL.  Since Will has been the screw up in the relationship up to this point, why not let Sonny make a mistake?

I think Sonny bankrupting them was a pretty big mistake.  They should have run with that a little longer instead of them having their usual one-day fight about it.

• Love 2
I think Sonny bankrupting them was a pretty big mistake.  They should have run with that a little longer instead of them having their usual one-day fight about it.

They should have.  If the writers had done more build up, shown more flaws in both characters, etc., it would have been a better SL.  Instead they did their usual of have nothing happening for months, characters have the same conversation over and over again, and then wham they have a character do something stupid, horrible, or OCC, once again leaving the viewers going, "Huh?"

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 2

Sami has never seemed romantically interested in her son's friends or cousins (although I could see the chemistry between her and Chad, and weirdly, even her and JJ, when they were sparring with each other). 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

I dunno, I think there's a comfort level between Paul and Will because, sex aside, Will was there for him and helped him with coming out to his family, which was a huge step in his life.  There's a connection there, weird as that sounds.

I think the show has tried to set that up, but I'm not really feeling any substantial connection there.

Since he arrived in town, Sonny has basically been eye fucking everyone he runs into over 18 years of age, regardless of sex.

Oh, I don't see that at all. There are several characters who clearly eye up everything that moves (Grabbigail, Elvis, NuChad, I'd say) but I wouldn't put Sonny in that category. Sparkle Paul, definitely. Even Ick Fallon did it more than Sonny does! Tad gives the pretty girls the once-over, too. (Shows you how much my feelings on T have changed, because from him I think it's kind of ... not horrible?)

• Love 2

So Will is having a hissy fit that Sonny was in love enough with another man to ask him to marry him and that the man in question is still in love with Sonny?  So in Will's mind, Sonny isn't allowed to have ever loved anyone else?  How messed up is that?

And how Paul feels isn't Sonny's fault in any way shape or form.  Sneasel is not doing himself any favors with this line of thought.

• Love 4

How is it any of Will's business who Sonny dated, who he ever proposed to? He really is so insecure that he can't stand the fact there have been other guys Sonny was in love with once upon a time too? It does not mean he loves Will any less, my goodness. 

Edited by Ruby Red
  • Love 5

Well I'm glad Will got to ask those questions about Paul because they needed to be asked. Mainly because I have been wondering about the answers since November;). Will is also extremely insecure, so it's in character.

I did like Sonny's fierce commitment to his marriage (even in the face of Will's cheating), but let's see what happens once he finds out that Sparkle is staying put and Sparkle starts hovering.

Obviously this whole episode was geared towards Will asking about Sonny and Paul. It hasn't escaped my attention that Will has not explained why he cheated yet. I'm guessing there's some therapy in his future.

Gotta love Kate getting annoyed that Sparkle is still around. I would love it if Kate and RoboMar would team up, especially since Mama Narita is working my nerves and Paul might turn out to be John's.

I think Will should just leave Sonny alone after this, if only to let him recover from his injuries in peace.

I know what the writers are trying to do with Will here, but I thought Sonny bringing up the fact that Will is Sami Brady's son was unnecessary. Sonny has always been able to look beyond Will's crazy family and he reminded me of Adrienne just then, which in this case is not a good thing.

I forgot to add that I loved the beat that was played when Sonny said Will made him feel like what they had was not enough for him. That has been building from the time Will told Sonny he doesn't want a boring life and when Sonny admitted to Victor that he wanted a second club to show Will that life in Salem could be exciting.

We've discussed Will questioning being tied down and Sonny being scared of Will leaving, so I enjoyed the fact that the writers touched on this complex issue.

Edited by 271days
  • Love 3

What did I learn from yesterday's episode?  The wardrobe people need to supply Sneasel with some dress shields.  All I could see was the huge wet arm pit stains on his shirt....maybe it's a ploy to keep me from watching the hideous facial contortions?

• Love 2

I don't understand what Will's cheating has to do with being Sami's son.  Sami cheated once on Rafe, and it was very OCC for her.  Neither Will or Sonny cared when Sami was cheated on, and they were more than happy to accept Sami and Kate's help with the Nick situation.  Sami and Sonny came out of the closet together.  Then when Kate, Sami, and Gabi tossed Nick in the river, they went along with that scheme to.  This annoys me to no end about these characters.  If they really don't like how another person behaves, then they shouldn't go along with their schemes in the first place.

• Love 5

I think Sonny calling Will "Son of Sami Brady" was Sonny's way of pointing out that Will is trying to manipulate and redirect Sonny's anger and make it about Sonny's mistakes instead of Will's admitting his own wrong-doing and owning.it and taking his punishment.

I would also love to see Kate and Marlena working together to keep Paul from intruding on Sonny and Will, especially if Paul is John's spawn.

• Love 4

Abby and Jordon are ridiculous, Rafe is coming out more sane. He lost his job because of what he did, he's the one who actually covered up Gabi's crimes. All Chad did was tell the truth.

Rafe was using his job to try and put Chad in jail for crimes that didn't exists. Chad tells the truth about Rafe's crimes and Chad's the bad guy?

• Love 7

I know it's a soap staple, but "It's totally my fault...except!" and "I wouldn't blame you if you never forgave me...but here's why you should immediately!" conversations put my teeth on edge.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

I'm glad Will finally got to ask the questions I've been wondering about for months. Too bad it took Will screwing Sparkle for him and Sonny to finally have this conversation. If they BOTH had communicated with each other the way a married couple is supposed to maybe their marriage wouldn't be in shambles right now.

I'm disappointed Sonny made that comment about Sami. She supported him and his relationship with Will even as his annoying as fuck stank mother constantly trashed her and Will and did everything in her power to make sure Sami went to prison. Not cool.

Plastic mannequin is so stupid. He's willing to jeopardize his defense because he's unwilling to tell the court how Chad made a rude comment about precious Abifail. Idiot deserves to go to prison.

Sonny has repeatedly told Sparkle he doesn't want his desperate ass and there's nothing else in Salem for him so why doesn't he just leave. 

Please tell me Sparkle's mother will be leaving as soon as it's revealed that Jawn/Stefano is his father. I don't want to see another member of the Narita family running around Salem indefinitely. 

Did y'all see that look on Abifail's face when Chad told her he was falling in love with Jordan? That narcissist just can't believe someone could ever be interested in another woman after they've been with her rancid cooch.  

• Love 7

Sonny has not exactly been answering Will when he asked why Paul thought Sonny still had feelings for him. He sort of avoids it and keeps coming back on Will's cheating. He should, but hmmm....

I think for Sonny, Paul's feelings aren't the issue because Paul can be in love with half of Salem and it would mean nothing to Sonny because Sonny is committed to Will but Paul's feelings for Sonny are certainly affecting Will--very interesting indeed.

• Love 2

I think for Sonny, Paul's feelings aren't the issue because Paul can be in love with half of Salem and it would mean nothing to Sonny because Sonny is committed to Will but Paul's feelings for Sonny are certainly affecting Will--very interesting indeed.

Well of course Will wants to make Paul having feelings for Sonny the issue because that takes the blame spotlight off of him.

• Love 3

Will is obviously very insecure, and if he is even this insecure about Sonny's feelings for him should he have married him in the first place? It is almost as if Will is also attempting to take some of the blame off his shoulders for cheating. I do understand why Will may feel like Sonny settled (which he did not), but gosh Will, at least admit the full responsibillity for your actions rather than try and point fingers ar the person you cheated on.

Is Sonny ever going to bring up the fact Paul kissed him while Will was away, twice? I feel like he did kiss him back the second time, the first time he was mostly suprised. Or is it not relevant anymore? What Will did was worse but should Will not know?

Edited by Ruby Red
  • Love 2

I'm glad Will finally got to ask the questions I've been wondering about for months. Too bad it took Will screwing Sparkle for him and Sonny to finally have this conversation. If they BOTH had communicated with each other the way a married couple is supposed to maybe their marriage wouldn't be in shambles right now.

But but but... are you trying to destroy the very basis of soap operas?  :D

• Love 5

Glad Sonny quickly shut that shit down on Sneasel with that lame ass excuse. Sneasel is just blaming everything under the sun, Kate, Zoe, Paul, Sonny, who's next Victor? What's great about Sonny today was he was able to just shut Sneasel down at every corner, which proves that Sneasel had no valid excuses whatsoever. The story is just a waste because GW is just a horrendous actor, his facial expressions once again are just bad. He really needs to STFU and being a journalist, he's a joke of one, seeing as how he slept with his subject. Hope Zoe fires him for doing that.

Speaking of Zoe, she should be on a little and possibly paired with Lucas or T. I know just about every woman towers over T in height but can still look cute.

Did y'all see that when Rafe and BOllie said that Chad wants to get back with Grimace, Jar Jar had a look on her face. That look said, "Chad should be wanting me, not some other woman." Will Jar Jar STFU, Aiden isn't asking her any damn questions, she wasn't there, but yet she has to focus all the attention on herself. I bet hearing about Chad & Grimace breaking up put a big smile on her face, saw how quickly she left the club and dashed right on over to see Chad.

What was her point in going over to see Chad? To tell him once again what an awful, evil person he is? Her and her ratchet ass mother are one in the same and they continue to be the worst mother/daughter combo in the history of television. We just got done watching Judgy run over to Suddenly Southern's house and put her on blast now we have Jar Jar licking and sharpening her talons once again to claw at Chad again. Now Chad left that walking slab of shit at TBD, but I bet she waddles and gallops her ass to his house because she must know what he's talking about with his cryptic talk.

• Love 4

I agree with you about Sonny being committed to Will, but I think in the interests of openness and honesty, Sonny needs to mention how vulnerable he was to Paul while Will was away in LA. LA was the catalyst for all this, so it would be worthwhile to discuss it's impact on Will and Sonny as a couple.

Speaking of Will being affected, Sonny has yet to mention that he kissed Paul twice (is that going to be swept under the carpet?) and the other meetings he had with Paul with the trademark Chicken-Fried Steak Eyes and the fact that Paul offered him money to save the Sinkhole Club which he went to collect on NYE.

I'm really not piling on Sonny, but this kind of stuff could come back to bite them if Will and Sonny decide to make a go of it. There is a reason why Sparkle is still around.

Anyway, Will is probably affected by Paul's feelings because he is naturally insecure and because he realises he f'd up and his competition has an advantage now.

I don't really see Will questioning Sonny's feelings for him as being about taking the heat off himself. I predicted Will was going to react like this even before it was confirmed that he would be the one to cheat.

Edited by 271days
  • Love 2

As a Wilson fan, I find Will's inability to take responsibility off-putting. He alone is at fault for his infidelity. 

And I think the idea of if Will had known about Paul and Sonny's past he'd never have interviewed Paul to begin with presupposes that Will actually has integrity instead of being the amoral Sneasel he truly is.  This is the same person who secretly taped his own family to get them to spill their guts and then put all of the juicy bits in a story--that's not how a person with ethics acts and I have no doubt that Sonny remembers each and every questionable journalistic move Will has ever made.

I think this excuse only works if Will and Sonny had an open marriage with the added agreement ex-boyfriends were off limits. So I don't think that Sonny shares any part of the blame for Will cheating. 

Plus, Will is that bitch!! Even if he hadn't cheated with an ex of Sonny's, he would have found a way to blame Sonny. If it had of been some random in LA, it would have been because Sonny didn't fully support his move and career change. If it had been a random after he got back in Salem, it would be because Sonny cleared out the bank accounts.

Yup.  You all nail it.  The cheating is all on Will - and not because Sonny is "perfect".  He had sex with someone other than his husband, and that violates their marriage vows and the understanding he and Sonny have as to what constitutes the boundaries of their relationship.

They've got other problems, for sure, and they both should go to couples counseling as soon as Sonny is better and start working this crap out.  As important as those other issues might be, NONE of them are responsible for what Sneasel decided to do.  Maybe he wouldn't have slept with Sparkle if he'd known about his past with Sonny - but maybe he would have.  After all, this is the same guy who - as you say - betrayed his own family - including the ones who were responsible for him keeping Ari in his life - for the sake of a story.  So Sneasel's integrity is NOT a given.

Sonny has a bit of a savior complex, but that's not the reason Sneasel dropped his pants for that walking breath mint.

When you mess up, if you're a grown-up, you admit what you did, take your licks and STFU.  Later, when things calm down, THEN, maybe, is the time to address the ancillary issues that may have contributed to you CHOOSING to act like a dick.  

Of course, I don't know if the same sense of ethics appy to rodents.

• Love 7

As much as I don't think Sonny still has any feelings for Paul, at the same time I can not help but wonder. He did kiss him back the second time Paul kissed him again, he just told him he was married and commited but never said anything about how he feels about him now. He did tell him what he has with Will is better than what he had with Paul but I did think there was a little bit of jealousy when Sonny heard someone (Will) in Paul's shower and realized he was hooking up with someone. Sonny was going to meet up with him right before Will came back, what was going to happen if Will had not come back? Of course Sonny loves Will more, but maybe a part of him still has some feelings for Paul hat he is pushing away because it just does not matter?  

Edited by Ruby Red
  • Love 3

Is Sonny ever going to bring up the fact Paul kissed him while Will was away, twice? I feel like he did kiss him back the second time, the first time he was mostly suprised. Or is it not relevant anymore? What Will did was worse but should Will not know?

Speaking of Will being affected, Sonny has yet to mention that he kissed Paul twice (is that going to be swept under the carpet?) and the other meetings he had with Paul with the trademark Chicken-Fried Steak Eyes and the fact that Paul offered him money to save the Sinkhole Club which he went to collect on NYE.

Is there even any point in Will finding out Sonny and Sparkle kissed or that Sparkle was willing to give him money? Will went and fucked Sparkle so if he tries to get mad at Sonny is just going to make him look even worse.

But but but... are you trying to destroy the very basis of soap operas?  :D

I think the writers could have still done...whatever it is they're doing with Wilson without the sloppy writing.

• Love 2

Is there even any point in Will finding out Sonny and Sparkle kissed or that Sparkle was willing to give him money? Will went and fucked Sparkle so if he tries to get mad at Sonny is just going to make him look even worse.

I think the writers could have still done...whatever it is they're doing with Wilson without the sloppy writing.

I think Sonny's interactions with Sparkle are going to matter because I'm waiting for the part where Will backs off because he thinks Sonny still has feelings for Paul.

In his current mindset I can't see Sonny choosing Paul, but there has to be a reason why Will is so affected by Paul's feelings. It's the only way I can see Sonny and Paul rekindling there relationship (if that is what is going to happen).

Edited by 271days
  • Love 1

Sonny has not exactly been answering Will when he asked why Paul thought Sonny still had feelings for him. He sort of avoids it and keeps coming back on Will's cheating. He should, but hmmm....

Didn't Paul think Sonny still had feelings for him because of the bellhop of doom? There might be other reasons why Sonny isn't answering the question, but I wonder if the writers will remember that the primary reason Paul went running over to Sonny's room is because the bellhop of doom was the one who gave him the wrong idea. 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2
Did y'all see that look on Abifail's face when Chad told her he was falling in love with Jordan? That narcissist just can't believe someone could ever be interested in another woman after they've been with her rancid cooch.

It baffles me.  Didn't Chad and EJ both say that Jordan and Sami, respectively were better in bed than Abifail?

• Love 2

Didn't Paul think Sonny still had feelings for him because of the bellhop of doom? There might be other reasons why Sonny isn't answering the question, but I wonder if the writers will remember that the primary reason Paul went running over to Sonny's room is because the bellhop of doom was the one who gave him the wrong idea. 

Yeah, that is why.

Also, lol, why is Will even defending Paul? "If you think he was going after me to get to you, that's just wrong.". The writers are really trying to sell this Will/Paul friendship but come on, I am not buying it.

• Love 4

Will thought Paul, a rich, good-looking baseball player, saw something special in him and therefore was attracted enough to go to bed with him.

I don't think Will wants to entertain the idea that there may not have been   anything special about him and that Paul was only interested in him to get to Sonny. If this turns out to be true, it will be a bruise to Will's ego.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3