Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I do however have to wonder how Jenn can show so much anger at JJ for hurting Paige and having sex with Eve and yet when she learned about Abby's affair with EJ, she was instantly forgiving.

Don't forget her reaction to finding out that Abifail had spent months trying to break up Carrie and Austin and lied about sleeping with him so that Carrie would dump him.  Jack actually wanted to hold her accountable and talk about it, but Polly Pureheart just wanted to put it in the past because Abifail "Knew that what she did was wrong."  HATE!

• Love 6
(edited)

Something's not right. I feel like this is a set up.

I find everything after the reveals just strange, I am not sure where this storyline is going..

How nice was it that Sonny mentioned one of his brothers? I still hope they will at some point introduce Alex, Victor II and/or Joseph, it would be nice for Sonny to have at least one of his brothers around.   That is, if the writers can write some interesting characters, but lol who am I kidding....

Edited by Ruby Red
  • Love 3
(edited)

I feel like that is not going to happen.

Apparently FS said in a recent interview that Paul would help Will and Sonny mend their marriage, which is strange...

He was going to but then Sonny said, "This includes the three of us." (Which it does not, Sonny) and Paul just awkwardly stood there... And he left when Will told him to leave which for some reason I find funny. I mean, really? Why was he standing there the whole time so oddly and just listening?

I wish there had been a scene with the three of them when all the secrets and lies came out. I wanted that dramatic reveal of Sonny finding out about Horita, Paul about WilSon and Wil about PaulSon when they were all in a scene together.

Well, if I was Paul, I'd be happy to hang around so I could gauge what my chances with Sonny are. I noticed Paul only left when Will asked again and even then he was looking behind him to hear more.

Okay, Will cheated, but Sonny really rubs me the wrong way with how he treats Paul in relation to his marriage. Paul felt he had a right to stand there because of what Sonny said. It's these kind of mixed signals that make Paul think he has another chance with Sonny, and maybe he does for all I know.

I felt like I was watching a man have a heated discussion with his soon-to-be ex-wife and his new girlfriend was invited to participate (to put it in heterosexual terms that are easy for me to identify with). Paul was just out of place and it irritated me.

I'm an intensely private person, so I know that if something like this were to happen to me, I would never let the third party be privy to the discussions I have with my husband. Sonny has had to defend his marriage to Paul since November and Sonny doesn't know yet if he will take Will back. Even from a pride point of view, why allow Paul to be there?

Anyway, Sonny is a hypocrite for saying that Paul has to be included now because of Will. Paul has been a specter hovering over Will and Sonny's marriage since November because of Sonny.

Edited by 271days
  • Love 3

Some great lines today:

Eve: This isn't what it looks like. (Oh, please)

And Jennifer copying Eve's Southern accent.  But of course, it's all about Jennifer, isn't it? Jenn can't even keep her hands off of her own son.

Maxine to Nicole: I see you have two powerful weapons in your arsenal. (yeah, Maxine, we can all see those powerful ... weapons)

Ugh, Nicole, stay out of Serena and Eric.  But how dare Serena blame her tenseness on "running into Nicole".  Bullcrap.  Hated the Eric/Nicole hug.  Eric only deserves contempt. At least Eric has found another shade of gray to start wearing.

It's inappropriate for Kayla to be calling Paige "Baby".

Er, Sonny, it's snowing in Phoenix.  :D

• Love 3

I wanted to drive to Pier One Imports, buy a ceramic elephant, and throw it through my tv screen.

Lucas' nipples looked quiet perky in that shirt. I guess I'm the only one that likes Lucas & Adrianne.

You don't need to go all that way.  There's this kid who insists on playing with one - we can steal if off him easy.  And it seems that all we need is one of Maggie's lemon bars to distract him.  Kid ain't too smart but then again you should see the dad....

You're not alone!  I like Lucas and Adrienne too.  There, I said it.

• Love 2
(edited)

Why exactly did Jackson marry Will? Has this ever been articulated on-screen, because I can't think of one single reason why Jackson would want to even associate with Will, aside from having the insta-family that he desperately wanted.

Beyond that, I need the show to articulate why Jackson would even entertain the idea of being with Will in the future, beyond Ari. Will is such an awful human being, I can't fathom anyone wanting to even stand near him, let alone married to him.

How is Will an awful human being? Will is a saint compared to some of the people in Salem...He is a young man trying to find his way in life, due to lack of experience and youth. He is a very insecure and a lonesome person. He was always a pawn in the war between Kate, Lucas and Sami. I hated what he did to Sonny and there is something so sad about Will and that makes him a sympathetic character in my eyes. I love Sonny too, but he is not a saint either..I always get the impression that Sonny's dominant persona, is a bit overwhelming for a man like Will. He wants to prove himself worthy of Sonny and it is his insecurity that leads him down the wrong path. That was why his trip to LA was so important to him. He wanted to be successful, stand on his own two feet and make Sonny proud..Sonny has double standards when it comes to Will, he can do whatever he wants, god forbid, Will does not toe the line, it is a problem...I have written many posts detailing my reasons for this, so I don't want to rehash that today....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

I want Eve and JJ to start constantly having loud sex all over the House of Horton just because of the way Jennifer treated JJ today. While Jennifer's trying to sleep.

And during the day.  Which would be even harder on Jenn, since I'm sure she sleeps upside down hanging from the rafters in the attic like the old bat she is.

• Love 9

Melissa Reeves was on fire today. Sometimes I forget that she's actually a good actress.

Ok. I want to take that bloody elephant, smash it into a million pieces, burn the pieces, bury the ash under 600,000 feet of manure, dig it up because it's still not far away enough, then send the manured ash to Neptune!!! In flames!!! I was curious at first. Way to kill my curiosity, Days.

Nicole being nice to people who couldn't care less about her is embarrasing to watch. Where's the real Nicole?

How cute was Lucas today? Aww.

• Love 4
(edited)

Jenn, sometimes people have sex because they just want to have sex, and it has nothing to do with you.

Kayla needs a story.

Serena continues to look amazing. Wardrobe has been good to her.

Oh, and Maxine: SHUT UP!

Edited by sometimesfan
  • Love 5

I want Eve and JJ to start constantly having loud sex all over the House of Horton just because of the way Jennifer treated JJ today. While Jennifer's trying to sleep.

Causing the soot to fall out of the fireplace.

• Love 4

JJ did look sort of offended when Jennifer said that the only reason Eve was having sex with him was to get back at her. 

"Excuse me, MOM, but I think my rockin' bod, young man's stamina and willingness to learn had a LITTLE something to do with it!"

• Love 12

I think Missy Reeves went full throttle today and pushed Kassie harder than she meant too. LOL!! When Kassie went to stand up from the bed Missy pushed her but I think she did it harder then she intended too. The look on Kassie's face was hysterical like she was thinking, "I don't remember you pushing me like this in rehearsal!" LOL!! She also got whacked in the face but she was half way turned and Missy still clocked her. Apprently, they are friendly off set and I think they went for it. I also think it's funny that JJ grew chest hair when he started having sex with Eve. Too funny! And, finally, I think it's hysterical that auto correct typed spray when I meant stay. Fraudulent slip I guess.

• Love 4

KDP has been no holds barred touting Missy as the absolute reason to watch the reveal. And she has nothing but good things to say about her. Kassie is generous as hell and absolutely a team player. It's nice that it all goes well off screen but I'm still not looking forward to the 'torture/lynch Eve' shit that is likely to come. Is someone going to tell Abigail about all of this so she can climb a ladder and smack Eve in the face again?

• Love 3
(edited)

I think Jennifer is boring with Daniel, but in this kind of reveal she and Paige's reactions are the ones I'm looking forward to the most. And I guess how JJ and Eve deal with them. The sex part of the storyline itself has been kind of oddly boring despite the taboo nature of it.  I also want to see JJ and Eve explain why they did it so many times (although I'm not sure if we'll get an answer since I'm not convinced the writers know, despite the fact they probably planned it all like this from the beginning, what with JJ first meeting Eve when she was in her bra with the weird moaning music playing over the scene).

Edited to add:

If JJ were considered to be perfect like Abigail  rather than as the perpetual screw-up or was a virgin, I wonder if that might have heightened the audience's anxiety over Jennifer finding out that a 50 year old is sleeping with her son.  Or if JJ and Paige had exchanged those Christian promise rings where they pledge their virginity to each other, maybe that might have heightened the audience's anxiety over seeing Paige get devastated by her boyfriend. We all know she'll be devastated by her mother, but I don't really get what JJ has to lose here  (he's already accepted the loss of Piage, and I'm not even sure if he and Paige were committed to each other when he did it with Eve).

Jennifer's fixation on Roxanne was really dumb though. I feel as though Jennifer should have been suspicious of Eve all along. Who cares about Roxanne, and who gets that offended that someone in the same age range, attractive, and relatively inoffensive is dating their son?

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

I would just love to see the outtakes of the hotel scenes today. You just know that the actor were just bursting out laughing when the director said cut.

I am with everybody here with everybody liking Sonny shutting down Will with his pathetic pleading. Using Ari was a cheap ploy and Jackson saw right though it. Adrienne is going to figure out what happened really quickly, you could see it on her face like a real mom that she knew something was up with her son. I do have to give it to Sonny, he's taking the high road and keeping this as quiet as possible, probably for Ari's sake.

It's funny to me that we don't have any snide nicknames for Sonny. Almost everybody here must have a liking for him (either that or we have a severe crush on Freddie. Hey, at least I'm comfortable to admit my crush on him)

• Love 3

I have a severe crush on FS & Sonny, I can't come up with a nickname for him, cause I could never call him name. When you think of Sonny you can sing the song "Sunny" by Bobby Hebb. What makes Sonny awesome is for the most part he's likable, nice, laid back, but when you push his buttons or betray him, you better watch out. He'll pull out them Kiriakis genes, saw how he was when Nick was making their lives miserable, he got Victor's gun and beating up his couch pillows.

Besides putting her hands on Suddenly Southern, she also punched JJ in the chest. Wow, what excellent mothering. Now JJ gonna have to go to the hospital and see if he's got rabies or a tetanus shot. Same for everyone else that's been touched by Jar Jar.

• Love 3

It was Roxanne's hotel room. Jen was going to confront Roxanne about this alleged relationship because Abigail had talked her out of using Eve's keys to go snoop in her apartment.

(edited)

Oh, okay, thanks. Jennifer was going on about the keys so I thought she was going to go snoop on Eve.

They need to show JJ as being as into Eve as she is into him; otherwise a 50 year old fretting over non-existent competition with a 20 year old is kind of painful to watch. Yikes. Then JJ just going "Here take me, whatevs, I have nothing to lose" makes the taboo sex seem kind of dreary. I don't get this show....

Edited by bantering
  • Love 4
(edited)

When Jennifer did the Suddenly Southern imitation, I could kind of see where Jennifer got the idea that Eve might have been using JJ to get back at her. During the promo, I had wondered why Jennifer would jump to that conclusion, but when she mentioned the conversation the two had the previous night the thought process from Jennifer's end on the sex issue didn't suddenly seem quite out of left field. Is it strange that I liked the Suddenly Southern imitation? It was better than any scene she had acted out with Daniel...

It was  hilarious to see Jennifer actually act out everything Abigail and EJ thought Sami would do to her, but didn't! 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

How is Will an awful human being?

I think part of the problem is the SL for Sonny/Will was so one sided for so long.  Sonny was mentoring Will about coming out.  Sonny was supportive and helpful of Will when Nick tried to take Ari (at least three different times).  Sonny was willing to move to New York with Will, Gabi, and Ari if it was necessary.  Sonny encouraged Will to pursue his writing career.  The writers could easily have had Will be supportive and understanding when Sonny lost all their money.  Have Will take extra writing assignments to get them back on track moneywise, and have Sonny upset that Will is gone and working so much.  They could have given more context and layers to the SL beyond Will takes off his wedding ring, does an interview, and cheats.  This is par for the course for Days anymore.  No characterization, no build up, no payoff.  Just lots of nonsensical scenes that go nowhere with the characters having the same conversation over and over again until suddenly the writers decide to throw in what they consider a shocking twist.

JJ was wrong to cheat, but my sympathy is still with him in this SL.  Poor guy is surrounded by at least four shrieking harpies, and CM is doing great acting in a lousy SL.  Also, I don't get how a couple weeks of dating equals some great love for JJ/Paige.  A guy Paige has been dating for maybe a month cheats when she leaves town for a few day, is a guy she should move on from, and be thankful she dodged a bullet.

Die Elephant Die.

• Love 5
(edited)

JJ had much less to lose than Eve. He wasn't engaged like EJ and he may have already been broken up with Paige, and I can't recall him ever really having Jennifer's respect.  In that sense, I can see his stupidity or I don't think his stupidity will really have any repercussions in the long term, other than to carry around the memory of breaking Paige's heart. I really don't get Eve's dumbness. She has everything to lose! I think KDP can act, but I still want to laugh at the character of Eve all the time!

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

I doubt the writers ever bothered to think about why Eve was doing any of the things she has since she returned to Salem.  CM and KDP showed up and did their job, but the writers couldn't be bothered to do theirs.

I wish the last scene Sami had with EJ had been at the jail.  It would have been so perfect not only for Sami to leave EJ and never look back, but also for EJ to be completely wrong about how Sami would respond to his cheating once again showing that EJ did not know or understand Sami at all.

It also would have been nice if the final Sami SL had been more balanced.  Since EJ was lying to Sami about Kristen/Eric, I think Sami should have gotten to cheat on EJ with Rafe or Lucas.  How forgiving would EJ have been when he was the one who was cheated on?  EJ would have been threatening to take the children and leave the country again, after putting Lucas in a freezer truck, and replacing Rafe with a double.

I really hate that Kristen didn't face any consequences for drugging and raping Eric, but it was even more offensive when EJ laughed about it, and then later told Sami some stupid thing about how he didn't believe Eric could be as great a guy as Sami said he was, and that's why he thought what Kristen did was funny.  WTF?  Even if Eric wasn't a great brother and man like Sami said he was, that would NOT make it okay for Kristen to drug and rape him.  I'm so glad EJ is dead.  I wish Stefano and Kristen would join him burning in hell.

• Love 6

So, Jen has questionable daughter & son in the sex department, doesn't she? The storyline is a little off for me just for the face that I don't think Eve & JJ are in love. At first, it was hate sex. The second time was to see if it was as good as it was the first time. The third time (it is the third time, right?) they just wanted to have a good lay. That said, it's more about how Paige will react rather then Eve & JJ ending up together. It will be interesting to see what Theresa will say. I guess she'll rub in in Jen's face even worse then Eve unintentionally did.

• Love 1
(edited)

There are rumors that when Sonny comes back to Salem, he will come back with his oldest brother Alex. So we might get our wish about the other Kiriakis brothers. At least, one anyway.. I have noticed they have been mentioning him a lot, ever since Sonny's attack. If Alex does come to town, I want him with Theresa.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4
(edited)

Melissa Reeves was on fire today. Sometimes I forget that she's actually a good actress.

Ok. I want to take that bloody elephant, smash it into a million pieces, burn the pieces, bury the ash under 600,000 feet of manure, dig it up because it's still not far away enough, then send the manured ash to Neptune!!! In flames!!! I was curious at first. Way to kill my curiosity, Days.

You know, I remember that MR had to carry the Sami/Abby reveal because KM didn't have the chops to go against AS but man, all three of the actors in the scenes today were spot on--as difficult as those scenes were to watch, they were brilliantly played.  I particularly loved when Jenn threw Eve's keys at her and they hit her in the chest and Eve gasped.  Very believable reactions.

I hope Serena snatches that elephant out of Parker's little hands and runs out of the apartment--it would be awesome to watch Melanie's reaction :)

And just as a side note, MA looked gorgeous in that green dress.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 3
(edited)

KDP looked very sexy today.  She's an attractive lady but they usually have her looking rode hard and put away wet.  I thought she looked really good.  Maybe it helps to have Cat Burglar Jen in the room.

Edited by lilly6
  • Love 3

The boring twit was no match for Sami.  The "kiddie pool" comment said it all.  In 2012, when EJ was trying to keep Rafe away from Sami, he referred to Chad and his group of friends as "Bloody Children."

JJ was more entertaining sparring with Sami.  Both Sami and Kate were so watered down in these SLs.  Needing help covering up tossing Nick in the river?  Ridiculous.  Sami and Kate have been covering their tracks and outing each other for years.  Them working together = unstoppable.

• Love 3

I have a severe crush on FS & Sonny, I can't come up with a nickname for him, cause I could never call him name. When you think of Sonny you can sing the song "Sunny" by Bobby Hebb. What makes Sonny awesome is for the most part he's likable, nice, laid back, but when you push his buttons or betray him, you better watch out. He'll pull out them Kiriakis genes, saw how he was when Nick was making their lives miserable, he got Victor's gun and beating up his couch pillows.

This, a thousand times this. Jackson has normal reactions to things as opposed to soap reactions. Yes Sonny has flaws and makes mistakes, and he certainly hasnt been a perfect husband. But he owns his mistakes, he doesnt come up with ridiculous excuses or blame others. Plus, his hair is amazing.

• Love 4

When the show started with Jenn "seeing" that JJ was banging Eve, I swear that MR either already had or was about to burst into laughter.

I know I did.  Watching Jenn jump on the bed and start pummeling Eve, with JJ trying to pull her off when she was trying to smother Eve - well, I haven't had so much fun watching Days since Nick got dumped in the river.  It was just so great.  As one of you said, I'd love to see the outtakes because they must be hilarious.

JJ did look sort of offended when Jennifer said that the only reason Eve was having sex with him was to get back at her. 

"Excuse me, MOM, but I think my rockin' bod, young man's stamina and willingness to learn had a LITTLE something to do with it!"

Jenn is just so completely nuts.  And inappropriate.  Is she jealous because the MILF JJ got was Eve and not her?  Her irrational yammering that Eve was having sex with JJ to spite her was.........nuts.....but so Jenn.  Because everything that everyone does is about her.  Always.  It was bizarre enough that Jenn decided that wearing her Batgirl outfit to work was appropriate, but for her now to think that she - HIS MOTHER - enters JJ's sex life IN ANY WAY OTHER THAN EWWWWWW, is pretty whacked.  

And she was spitting with the best of 'em, too.  That room must have been covered in phlegm by the time she was through.  Eve begging her not to tell Paige, well, that's a lost cause.  I wonder if Paige will actually have a different expression when she finds out, or if she'll stick with her usual "My thong is too tight and it HURTS" look.

Wait till Abigail finds out!  It's possible her butt might fall even further than it has in that skirt she's been wearing.  With Jenn freaking out, Paige in meltdown and Abigail in screech mode, Salem is going to resemble an alien petting zoo even more than it does now.

So Sonny is leaving for a while.  I'll miss him.  I wonder if I'll have any interest in Sneasel and Sparkle if Sonny isn't around.......

• Love 8
(edited)

Abigail should have gotten yelled at the way JJ did today. She did hurt Sami...

IA,  But Abigail good and JJ bad when they have done the same thing.  They both humped some one years older than them.

Edited by bobcat1946
  • Love 1

When Jennifer did the Suddenly Southern imitation, I could kind of see where Jennifer got the idea that Eve might have been using JJ to get back at her. During the promo, I had wondered why Jennifer would jump to that conclusion, but when she mentioned the conversation the two had the previous night the thought process from Jennifer's end on the sex issue didn't suddenly seem quite out of left field. Is it strange that I liked the Suddenly Southern imitation? It was better than any scene she had acted out with Daniel...

It was  hilarious to see Jennifer actually act out everything Abigail and EJ thought Sami would do to her, but didn't! 

I agree, and I think Jenn's reaction made complete sense.  From what little she knows at this point, she logically would conclude that Eve seduced JJ to either keep him away from Paige or to get revenge on Jenn, or both.  Her reaction in the room was insane, and physical, and OTT.  What I thought was out of character was having it out with JJ in public.  Jennifer Horton should be worried about appearances, and say, let's go home to talk about this.

On OLTL, when Viki found out her son Joey was having an affair with Dorian, her nemesis, I recall that she too thought that Dorian was using Joey, which I think she initially was but then they fell in lust.  The difference is, they seemed to be enjoying themselves, unlike Eve and JJ, who are so self loathing that I am surprising they aren't self flagellating.  

• Love 2

Finally caught up on the last 2 days. 

Sneasel acts like a four year old...still.  I am loving how Sonny just deflects all of Sneasel's garbage.  Although I have to laugh how the writers have occasionally inserted that Sneasel is a hottie (sooo NOT).  I am totally loving Sonny and how he's really the adult in the relationship.  Good for him get the hell out of Dodge for awhile and let Sneasel collapse like a deck of cards.  The way he's acted by GW is just horrible, such a shame they couldn't get a better actor especially after Chandler.  The s/l would be so much better if they had.  At this point I am rooting for Sonny and Paul to hook up again...they come across as 2 adults.

HA!  The slap heard 'round the world!  Yes, Jennifer it's all about YOU!  She's really creeping me out with her inappropriate need to meddle in her son's sex life and pushing Paige on him constantly.  He's just entered college, and she wants him permanently attached to Paige, what's up with that?  The wanting to break into Eve's apartment is a tad sick...and since when do you open someone's hotel room door looking for them?  She has no boundaries apparently.  Well, I for one, hope JJ and Eve continue to hook up...just so I can see Jen's head explode lol.

I'm still not getting the Lucas/Adrienne connection. 

• Love 4

That was Roxanne's hotel room.

No one should stay at the Salem Inn. The bellboys spy on you and the front desk apparently gives out your room number to any random stalker who asks. There's no way Jenn should have known which room Roxanne was in. Or, for that matter, which hotel -- if there's more than one in Salem!

Jenn really should be in jail. First, she plans on breaking and entering, but gets lucky and stumbles upon Eve and JJ while trespassing. So her reaction is attempted murder.

As for Chad and Abigail, I never got the impression that he wants her back. Rather, he's setting her up in some elaborate revenge plot for sleeping with his brother.

• Love 3

I liked the scenes leading up to the reveal, where both Dan and Abby tried to talk Jen down. I usually can't stand Jen, to the point where I don't have good feelings about MR either, but when she does scenes like that I realize she is really a good actress. She had them both believing they had calmed her down, but we - the audience - could see so clearly that she was just going quiet and biding her time until they left and she could put her plans into action. I agree with the commenter earlier (I can't find it right now) who wondered what MR thinks about how Jenn is acting. I'll bet she thinks it's crazy, but she sells it nonetheless!

As for the reveal - that was awesome. I was so worried that the show was going to pull the rug out from under us again and have Jen leave before seeing who the woman was (and think it was Roxanne), but then Eve's face popped up and it was go time! Jen's eyes were blazing - her whole face was just a perfect mask of disgust, bewilderment, and outrage. And for me, it was completely entertaining that Jen's mind jumped to literal murder. Loved every second today!

I also agree with others who have said that it was awful and totally inappropriate for Sparkle Paul to be there when Sonny and Will were having it out. However, I thought it was a smart choice storywise because you could see Sparkle using it to gather information. He had great reactions to different points Will and Sonny were making, and you could see him filing it away for the future - oh, so Sonny thinks this! oh, so Will thinks that's what happened! Oh.....  I think he will use what he now knows about Sonny's anger and Will's insecurity to make his moves. His dialogue includes a lot of allusions to playing games, making plays, etc. which I know is a reference to his baseball playing past, but I think it also alludes to games he is continuing to play to get Sonny back.

• Love 2

I agree, and I think Jenn's reaction made complete sense.  From what little she knows at this point, she logically would conclude that Eve seduced JJ to either keep him away from Paige or to get revenge on Jenn, or both.

So what if Suddenly Southern seduced JJ to get back at raccoon Jen? When the raccoon busted in the room it was obvious that JJ was a willing participant. I wonder if she'll try to say SS "forced" JJ into sex just like she tried to say EJ "forced" Abifail to bust it open in the shower.

As for Chad and Abigail, I never got the impression that he wants her back. Rather, he's setting her up in some elaborate revenge plot for sleeping with his brother.

I don't think Chad is that clever. I think he really is pathetic enough to want Abifail back.

• Love 5

I was surprised by how vicious Jennifer's fight with Eve seemed. For once, I didn't see a slap coming. Usually the show telegraphs The Slap Is Coming pretty blatantly. I found myself horrified by the violence of Jennifer's behaviour -- she seems unbalanced to me, truly, but I agree Reeves handled that scene really effectively. I'm sad for Sonny, who's not so much torn between two lovers as stuck between a rockhead and a hardly-there git. I just can't get invested in the triangle beyond feeling that the situation is unfortunate. It's too elaborately contrived to engage any real feeling. And the whole "Why did you really marry me?" question is a non-starter. Is the show really trying to cast doubt on the genuineness of Sonny's feelings at this point? Because that's not on.

• Love 6

I've never had the complete and visceral hate for the character of Jenn like many other posters have...however, I've disliked the character since I started watching again (around last March - damn maternity leave)....which saddened me because I loved her in the 90s.  Anyways - I laughed out loud at her mimicking Eve and the southern drawl.

Also, I was ewwwwwwed out by the fact that her half naked (but whoa boy, those groin/hip muscles) son had to bear hug her whilst covered with Eve sex stank. 

• Love 8
(edited)

I was surprised by how vicious Jennifer's fight with Eve seemed. For once, I didn't see a slap coming. Usually the show telegraphs The Slap Is Coming pretty blatantly. I found myself horrified by the violence of Jennifer's behaviour -- she seems unbalanced to me, truly, but I agree Reeves handled that scene really effectively. I'm sad for Sonny, who's not so much torn between two lovers as stuck between a rockhead and a hardly-there git. I just can't get invested in the triangle beyond feeling that the situation is unfortunate. It's too elaborately contrived to engage any real feeling. And the whole "Why did you really marry me?" question is a non-starter. Is the show really trying to cast doubt on the genuineness of Sonny's feelings at this point? Because that's not on.

Yeah, it looked like she was gong to smother Eve to death with the pillow. I mean, I kind of enjoyed it (snort) since I find Eve's weirdness rather off-putting (someone please shoot me if I reach 50 and I'm yelling at a 20 year old girl for having the gall to hang out with a 20 year old boy), but I did find myself thinking of Abigail and Sami and how everyone expected Sami to choke Abigail to death, yet Sami didn't come anywhere that close and was pretty restrained. Meanwhile, Jennifer (as a Horton, no less!) could have been taken in for murder if JJ hadn't been in the room.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 5

And the whole "Why did you really marry me?" question is a non-starter. Is the show really trying to cast doubt on the genuineness of Sonny's feelings at this point? Because that's not on.

It's a legitimate question, but it's something that should have been discussed before they actually got married. Will probably would have questioned Sonny about why he wanted to get married and it would have given them an opportunity to have a much needed discussion. And yeah yeah, I know Will said he didn't want to know about Sonny's past boyfriend's, but Sparkle wasn't just a boyfriend, Sonny proposed to him. That's a big deal. And it's not even like this happened a decade ago or something, it was only like three years ago. 

• Love 4
(edited)

I think Sonny could turn the question back  on Will, because of how early in the marriage Will cheated.  He could ask: "Why did you marry me if all this time it was a problem for you that you hadn't sowed your wild oats yet?" (Will cited that weird reason, so it could be used against him if they were to continue going back and forth as to why the marriage occurred). 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 6

I thought Guy did a good job yesterday. He does not bother me like alot of people on here. For some people, Will cannot do anything right and Sonny can do no wrong. What I find disconcerting is how flippant Sonny is about Arianna whom he proclaims to love..He was very cold and indifferent about her. He did not even want to talk about her.  She is his daughter too. I don't think that Will was using her to manipulate him, perhaps on some level, but, Will was right to question him about when he is coming back. They are a family and Ari needs them both. She has already lost her mother. Why would Sonny be so blase about her feelings like that..It is very puzzling. He should go home and see his kid, period. Kiss her, hold her and talk to her, especially since he does not know when he will be back. She must be confused about his absence.  When he left for LA, Sonny had an idea when his family would be back. I just find this aspect of the story line jarring, Sonny was worked up about Will not bringing Arianna to go see Gabi when Will came back from LA. I now see it was another reason for him to come down on Will. Now he cannot even bother to go see his own daughter before he goes away. If Will had done that, Sonny would have flipped out. It really annoyed me how Sonny allowed Sparkle to hear an intimate conversation with his husband. It was so wrong on so many levels.