Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Jennifer, screeching at Eve: "Finally. I finally found out the disgusting thing you did to my son."

Me: *howling with laughter* "I'm not sure JJ would classify that thing Eve did to him as 'disgusting'."

These women are seriously too invested in the lives of their children. They need a hobby like knitting or bridge or zumba. 

• Love 4

Sneasel was gonna actually lie to Sonny again about Derrick lying. I'm loving every moment of Sonny verbally assaulting Sneasel and he gave the EJ excuse of "It didn't mean anything" and that excuse of TBD south side club tanking that's just as bad as when EJ said Sami put him on the couch. Sneasel just needs to stop talking, he doesn't have Sami's way with words. Then says Sonny been with other men, WTF??? OMG Sneasel your excuses are so damn bad you're sending Sonny into respiratory. 

Sneasel let's blame Sparkles for telling Sonny. He'll find any excuse to justify his behavior on cheating on Sonny. He's so pathetic and all I'm seeing right now is a replay of EJ/Jar Jar affair. Sonny is Sami, Sneasel is EJ (that's hard to picture) and Sparkles is Jar Jar. Sparkles was right, Sneasel didn't mention his relationship to Sonny and had his ring off, so he was sending mixed signals.

Damn Judgy is a weak ass bitch, first saying Dingy's present is so heavy when it didn't look a bit heavy and now she twist her wrist on a bag. Toned as them damn arms are, you shouldn't be such a weakling. A gnat can probably kick her ass. Damn Judgy, sit the fuck down and mind your own damn business!! So tired of her being all up in people's business. Not trying to make everything Suddenly Southern's fault, that's what she's been doing and always trying to bad mouth Suddenly Southern, so STFU Judgy. Then barges her horribly dressed ass over to Southern's house and starts in and then shuts up when Southern points out again what a screw up JJ is. These two constantly have the same conversation over and over and they need to stop talking.

Some father Justin is, if Adrienne told him Sonny was on death's door, he couldn't make it back sooner. Thanks "Father of the Year".

Oh Shrewena, Eric gave the elephant away BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, now you gave it up for nothing.

• Love 5

If Sneasel has someone else in LA, and the SL goes that Will wasn’t ready to be married to Sonny or anyone at such a young age, wasn’t ready to be a father, simply took the easy route of marrying Sonny and letting him be the adult, just as Will let Sami, Kate, and Lucas fight his battles for him, then when Gabi went to prison, Will began to feel even more trapped by the choices he had made, the trip to LA offered him freedom to do what he really wanted, then he got fired, and it was back to Salem and the life he felt stifled by, this SL might finally start to make some sense. It doesn’t make Sneasel look any better, but it provides some kind of motivation that so far the writers and GW’s acting has failed to.

I've always thought the storyline would be more compelling if it were written this way instead of the garden-variety evil interloper because I enjoy character-driven stuff.

KC did say that this WilSon storyline is a direct result of Will jumping into marriage with Sonny.

These doubts are completely normal, especially for someone like Will that hasn't had a lot of freedom.

Perhaps it was not ideal for Will to marry Sonny in the first place, but sometimes you don't know that something is a bad idea until you experience it.

I'm not blaming Sonny, but I think as the more experienced one, he should have considered the possibility that Will was too inexperienced for this before they got married.

I've watched plenty of coming-out stories in my time, and they almost always involve a newbie with an experienced partner.

One such story showed another guy flirting with the newbie and the couple had a discussion about whether a serious relationship was a good idea. It's a pity that the show never had anyone show interest in CM's Will to facilitate something like this.

• Love 4

I'm not blaming Sonny, but I think as the more experienced one, he should have considered the possibility that Will was too inexperienced for this before they got married.

I've watched plenty of coming-out stories in my time, and they almost always involve a newbie with an experienced partner.

Again, Will ultimately proposed to Sonny of his own free (heh) will.  Sonny shouldn't have to spend all day every day being, "Are you sure?  Are you sure?" about every aspect of their relationship.

And yes, most gay soap couples have the newbie and the experienced partner.  On OLTL, I always envisioned Fish (the newbie) eventually being tempted by another guy, but I wouldn't have told said story after marrying him and Kyle.

• Love 3

I want Sami to return to Salem for a brief visit, and take Sonny, Ari, and Justin back to Hollywood with her.  I’ve been wondering what Sami and Justin would be like as a couple since WK accidentally put his hand on AS’ bottom when he hugged her at the trial.

Also, all of these lame excuses for cheating, and blaming of the person who was cheated on by the characters or the writers are just ridiculous.  The only person responsible for Will, EJ, Rafe, JJ, or anyone else cheating is the person who cheats.

• Love 6

I  think Will's excuse is the dumbest one I've ever heard on a soap opera ("but...but..but.. you were with other guys BEFORE we were married!). 

At least the other excuses I've seen given by characters in the past have seemed sort of "plausible" or at least common? But Will's excuse is a first to my ears...I've never heard anyone throw that one out before, or at least I've never seen anyone think that particular excuse could fly since you're supposed to know the definition of marriage when you sign the papers. You even get a ceremony attached to the process where the priest explains in the most direct terms possible to you what you're supposed to do when you get married (i.e "forsaking all others..."). The priest clears up any confusion for stupid people...

Edited by bantering
  • Love 7

I  have often wondered if that is why Sonny even wanted Will in the first place. Perhaps, he thought that with Will being inexperienced it would make him a safe option for him. People often get attached to their first love. Sonny and Will had a mentor/mentee type of friendship when he was helping Will deal with his homosexuality. He was with Paul and he was a closet case and that brought him heartache. Will being passive and submissive was probably very intriguing to him. It kept him in control, plus Arianna being Will's biological daughter grounded Will  even more. Sonny being their provider gave him another upper hand in their relationship. I remember Nick telling Will that Sonny settled for him because he was a safe choice.I think the LA trip through Sonny for a loop because he probably sensed that with Will being away from him, it would lead him to temptation. I am pretty sure we will learn in the future that the LA trip gave Will the freedom to explore his life and options. I don't think that he cheated in LA, he probably flirted with some guys that eventually led him to be more susceptible to Sparkle's advances...If the rumors are true and a guy does come into Salem looking for Will..This will add another layer of problems for Wilson, because Sonny no longer trusts Will and he will think that Will was being a hoe in LA. Once trust is  gone, it is hard to get it back...Not to justify Sneasel's despicable act, infidelity is very common in relationships between gay men..I don't think this show has the depth to explore that kind of complexity in gay male relationships....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

Will being passive and submissive was probably very intriguing to him. It kept him in control, plus Arianna being Will's biological daughter grounded Will even more. 

Um, I recall Will out of nowhere about to have a kid wasn't exactly a selling point for Sonny.

There seems to be a lot of history rewriting going on that makes it sound like Sonny targeted poor, sensitive, weak Will and this is thereby his fault.  NO.  Will CHEATED, he C-H-E-A-T-E-D!

• Love 8

Again, Will ultimately proposed to Sonny of his own free (heh) will.  Sonny shouldn't have to spend all day every day being, "Are you sure?  Are you sure?" about every aspect of their relationship.

Me wanting Sonny to consider for a moment whether Will was too young for such a commitment does not equate to Sonny constantly checking if Will is sure about every aspect of their relationship.

After speaking with Nick before the wedding, Will went home and asked Sonny why he wanted to marry him and said he wanted to make sure that Sonny was glad that he married him. I thought that was very realistic pre-marriage discussion considering Will's insecurities (and he asked that after he was the one to propose).

I just think that having Sonny stop and think about Will's relative inexperience would have been a nice touch in light of the fact that they were (and still are) at different life stages. Now that we have a storyline like this I think it was a missed opportunity.

• Love 4

Um, I recall Will out of nowhere about to have a kid wasn't exactly a selling point for Sonny.

There seems to be a lot of history rewriting going on that makes it sound like Sonny targeted poor, sensitive, weak Will and this is thereby his fault.  NO.  Will CHEATED, he C-H-E-A-T-E-D!

I'm not too sure where the idea that Sonny is a manipulative and controlling partner and Will couldn't handle it anymore and he left for LA to finally have some freedom has come from.  Will and Sonny married each other because they were deeply in love, not because Sonny's trying to control him or tricked him into it.  Will may realize now that he isn't emotionally mature enough to be married, but that does not mean that Sonny manipulated him into saying "I do."

And yes, Will is entirely to blame for cheating on Sonny, no one else, just him.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 8

Not that I think this  excuse would fly either, but maybe if Will had said "but we aren't considered legally married in er, oh, uh, let me go check my iPad....Georgia and Ohio!" that may have been oh-so very slightly better than the excuse he actually chose to go with. I mean, if you're going to bring out the weirdest excuse of all time, you might as well try for a logical-from-a-legal-standpoint but still dumb excuse. Go big or go home!

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

From the moment Sonny was introduced, he was presented as a character that was confident and comfortable with who he was. Just because Will was the insecure one and struggling with himself, doesn't mean Sonny was the more "dominant" or "controlling" one? He did not pressure him into anything, he gave Will space. He respected it when Will said no initially to his proposal, Will chose to come around and say yes. There was no controlling, manipulating. Will and Sonny were in love, so they wanted to get married. Were they too young? Yeah, probably, how old are they now? In their mid 20's? But Will did not marry Sonny because he was somehow roped into it, he did it because he wanted to, nothing excuses his cheating.

I wonder what is up with Sonny and wanting to marry so young in the first place. Sonny first proposed to Paul when he must have been about 20 or 21, is Paul the same age or a bit older than Sonny even? But what is up with him and this need to get married? Judging from the flashback, it seemed that maybe it was more of an impulsive moment of wanting to do something wild because he was so in love with him at that time.

I personally would have preferred the PaulSon backstory as a storyline. Paul being the closeted athlete, all the travelling and adventure, the exciting parts of a secret relationship, being all so in love but it all comes crumbling down because as the times goes on the novelty of the secrecy wears off and it’s not so fun anymore. I find their backstory rather interesting and there is something so bittersweet about it.

Edited by Ruby Red
  • Love 3

Not that I think this  excuse would fly either, but maybe if Will had said "but we aren't considered legally married in er, oh, uh, let me go check my iPad....Georgia and Ohio!" that may have been oh-so very slightly better than the excuse he actually chose to go with. I mean, if you're going to bring out the weirdest excuse of all time, you might as well try for a logical-from-a-legal-standpoint but still dumb excuse. Go big or go home!

The rarely acknowldeged fact in the current political climate is that we have been getting married for decades (it's usually older gays or lesbians), so calling into question legality wouldn't be appropriate until they start dividing property and children. However, judging by the town's nonchalance it seems safe to assume that Salem is in a state where gender isn't considered in marriage. Especially since Sonny is apparently a serial proposer, as evidenced by Paul. Which MIGHT be a point for Will's side. Sonny, strangely for a young gay guy, probably harped on the marriage thing enough that Will finally asked him to get it over with, since it was never going to be dropped.

I skipped the wedding episode, so I don't know. Did they do traditional heteronormative vows or did they do their own? And was there a loophole?

Edited by NorthstarATL
  • Love 1

There seems to be a lot of history rewriting going on that makes it sound like Sonny targeted poor, sensitive, weak Will and this is thereby his fault.  NO.  Will CHEATED, he C-H-E-A-T-E-D!

It seems like if anyone criticizes Sonny in even the slightest way they get accused of saying he deserved to get cheated on or is a big bad meanie who abused Will or that Will should be given a free pass. I haven't seen anyone here say any of those things. Merely suggesting that maybe Sonny isn't 100% perfect and contributed just a tiny bit to his marital problems with Will is in no way suggesting that Sonny is an abuser or deserves what is happening to him or that Will shouldn't face any repercussions. And I don't see whats so terrible about wondering why Sonny proposed to Will. I do think they love each other but I also don't think being in love was the SOLE reason why EITHER of them wanted to get married. Long before Will cheated there were people wondering why they wanted to get married so soon and so young.

And just to make it absolutely clear, I  DO NOT think Sonny deserved to get cheated on and I DO NOT think Will should be given a free pass. Will is the ONLY person responsible for his actions.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 3

Go big or go home, indeed. Now I'm going to spend all day thinking of ridiculous cheating excuses that still would have been better than what Will tried to use, e.g.

"It was an accident! I wasn't wearing my contacts and I thought he was you!"

• Love 3

I skipped the wedding episode, so I don't know. Did they do traditional heteronormative vows or did they do their own? And was there a loophole?

They asked their fathers and Caroline to speak, and then they did their own vows.  Marlena got an online license to perform the ceremony.

• Love 1

I don’t think Sonny is controlling or manipulative.  I believe it was easy for Will to let Sonny handle things because Sonny is a capable responsible adult, and Sonny made a lot of compromises and sacrifices for Will.  Also, Will has a consistent pattern of letting Sami, Kate, Lucas, etc. do the heavy lifting for him, and then turning around and blaming Sami for any and everything that goes wrong.  At some point, I’m sure Sneasel will blame Sami, but right now it doesn’t surprise me that he has offered up the lame excuse of, “You had sex with other men before I met you.”  {face palm}

• Love 4

What did Sonny mean when he kept saying:" you knew!"?

Does he think Will slept with Paul to hurt him because he knew they used to be together?

Is Sonny saying that Will only slept with Paul once because he found out about Paul and Sonny's past and that's the only reason he stopped it?

I'm still trying to work that one out.

Edited by 271days

Did a shocked Marlena tell Paul to shut up when he was confessing? I may have misheard but I thought that's what she said and I burst out laughing.

Will is reminding me so much of Sami right now-it's scary. The scenes with Will/Sonny were great- mostly because of Freddie. I really hope Sonny doesn't go running to Paul right away. That would turn me off. Those three all need a break from each other for a little while.

Enjoyed Justin/Adrienne/Lucas and also Eric/Serena. That interloper the elephant has to go though.

Did not enjoy Jen hyperventilating and shrieking at Eve, did not enjoy Paige but then again I never do, did not enjoy the depressing as fuck JJ/Eve scenes (can someone please expose them so it can end?). Really wanted Eve to punch Jen in the face.

Has anyone ever followed Kassie diPaiva around for a week to see what the hell she eats or how she exercises to maintain that body? It's perfect. I'm not an expert but it doesn't seem like she's had work done on it either. Serena's body is also super hot in a curvier sort of way- and now I'm done being weird.

Edited by Thorpe
  • Love 1

It seems like if anyone criticizes Sonny in even the slightest way they get accused of saying he deserved to get cheated on or is a big bad meanie who abused Will or that Will should be given a free pass. I haven't seen anyone here say any of those things. Merely suggesting that maybe Sonny isn't 100% perfect and contributed just a tiny bit to his marital problems with Will is in no way suggesting that Sonny is an abuser or deserves what is happening to him or that Will shouldn't face any repercussions. And I don't see whats so terrible about wondering why Sonny proposed to Will. I do think they love each other but I also don't think being in love was the SOLE reason why EITHER of them wanted to get married. Long before Will cheated there were people wondering why they wanted to get married so soon and so young.

I've seen a lot of posts about Will's self-esteem and Will's weakness and how Sonny was attracted to those traits (I think the show did a poor job illustrating exactly why Sonny and Will fell in love, but I don't think those traits were at all what Sonny found attractive about him) and how Sonny should have understood that Will is a newbie and those all sounds like bricks building a wall of an excuse.  

Which Will validated today, basically trying to claim that he made a rookie mistake that Sonny should just get over. 

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

I now realize they didn't have a priest though I think the ceremony was in a church. Marlena officiated the ceremony.  Everyone (Lucas, Sonny, and Will) talked about how they felt.  I don't think Marlena talked that much other than to pronounce them husbands.

I guess he could use that excuse for his mentally challenged self: "But my grandma, when she was officiating the ceremony, didn't tell me I wasn't supposed to cheat! She should have told me!"

Edited by bantering

Can I just praise Adrienne and Lucas for not smacking their lips when they kiss?  Unlike other couples on this show that I can name?

So JJ is going to cover this Roxanne's expenses for traveling the long distance from Chicago to Salem?  The long trip that people make on a daily basis?  And where is he getting the money he's spending?  He isn't working.

I wonder if Justin knows about Paul.

"Cole figured out your code"  Uh, no, Paige, you told him the code.

• Love 1

I now realize they didn't have a priest though I think the ceremony was in a church. Marlena officiated the ceremony.  Everyone (Lucas, Sonny, and Will) talked about how they felt.  I don't think Marlena talked that much other than to pronounce them husbands.

I guess he could use that excuse for his mentally challenged self: "But my grandma, when she was officiating the ceremony, didn't tell me I wasn't supposed to cheat! She should have told me!"

The ceremony took place at the Kiriakis mansion.

• Love 2

I've seen a lot of posts about Will's self-esteem and Will's weakness and how Sonny was attracted to those traits (I think the show did a poor job illustrating exactly why Sonny and Will fell in love, but I don't think those traits were at all what Sonny found attractive about him) and how Sonny should have understood that Will is a newbie and those all sounds like bricks building a wall of an excuse.

To me it sounds like people are just trying to figure out how Will ended up cheating since the writing for this story is so poor. Offering explanations as to how this might have happened isn't the same thing as saying Will had no free will to make his own choices.

• Love 4

I don’t think trying to figure out what is going on with Will is the same as making excuses for him.  The writers and GW haven’t given Will any motivations, emotions, or brains so the fans are left with nothing to go on except their own speculation.

The writers have done a spectacularly lousy job with the cheating SLs.

Rafe didn’t seem to know he cheated until it was explained to him.

JJ knew he was wrong, but kept going back for more.

I hate that Sami forgave EJ because after eight years EJ proved that he might be obsessed with Sami, want to possess and control her, but he sure as hell did not love her.

I’m glad AS has gone on to better things, but I do think it would have been hilarious to see Sami reunite with Rafe, EJ angry, and of course blaming everyone except himself that Sami dumped him again, and the boring twit losing her mind over the realization that EJ’s Sami obsession never goes away, and she was nothing but an easy lay.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 4

And, really, I can't be bothered to be put off by JJ & Eve, because the JJ & Jenn situation is SO much more disturbing to me. I mean, there is some Psycho-level Oedipal business going on in that house

Thank you! Jenn needs serious psychological help (not Marlena!). Her relationship with her children is beyond twisted.

• Love 3

So, I finally got the watch today's episode and wow, how underwhelming was the Will/Paul confrontation. Oh no big deal, we totally smashed the guy we both love's heart to pieces but let's discuss this calmly and have a drink? Will was shouting, Paul remained so calm, why? Maybe because he messed up too, so what was the point of shouting back at Will? I expected a bit more drama there. That was just weird.

FS did a quite well job. Being hurt, feeling betrayed, angry, disgusted... I just wanted to hug him!

And honestly, I can not really see Paul/Sonny happening, I don't think Sonny has any feelings for him anymore at all, not even a bit deep down. 

Edited by Ruby Red
  • Love 2

To me it sounds like people are just trying to figure out how Will ended up cheating since the writing for this story is so poor. Offering explanations as to how this might have happened isn't the same thing as saying Will had no free will to make his own choices.

I can't speak for other posters, but I've had a hard time personally trying to express my thoughts Sonny and Will's relationship without using words that can easily take on a more sinister connotation than what I really intend to convey, words like "power" and "control". I don't in any way Sonny as some sort of predator or Will as his innocent victim, but it's clear that Sonny has always been one running this relationship. Sonny seems like the kind of guy who likes to take care of people - which is perfectly fine, and Will clearly likes being taken care of - which is less so.

Will's passiveness is a sign of his immaturity. Letting other people fix his problems as he has almost always done means he doesn't have to take responsiblity for the problems in the first place or the fallout if the fix goes wrong (as Sami's "fixes" so often did).

I think Sonny and Will's relationship was always flawed in that they were on such unequal footing. They were in very different places in their lives when they met. Sonny had already sowed his wild oats and was looking to settle down, and Will was an immature kid still struggling with coming out. And even after all that's happened since, Will still hasn't bothered to grow up. Having Arianna so young gave him the trappings of maturity, but -mentally at least- he to this day seems like a petulant teenager.

This does not in any way absolve Will of responsibility for his cheating - he made all his own choices - he chose to be with Sonny, to propose to and marry him, and he should have honored his vows. Full stop.

That said, I still think examining WilSon's relationship and trying to explain this storyline (in spite of the difficulties of doing so) is still a worthwhile endeavor, even though it's a fool's errand since we're obviously giving this more thought than the writers ever have.

• Love 2

Although I think Sonny is great, the New Year's resolution he showed Will after they had gotten together, where he had resolved almost a year before to get Will to fall in love with him, actually sort of verges on stalkerish.

Yeah, I've never been a fan of that.  Like I said, instead of showing us why they fell in love, the show was just like, "Hey, Will and Sonny are in love now."

• Love 2

These writers do seem to have a bit of a problem recognizing boundaries: the appropriate level of involvement between parents, children, and grandparents, for instance; and the difference between "romance" and "stalking."

• Love 6

I agree with that. I think this is a problem not only limited to soaps, but a lot of media tools (tv shows, books) seem to be unaware of the difference between "romance" and "stalking". The media often seems to promote unhealthy relationships and rarely ever call it out for what it is.

Yeah, I've never been a fan of that.  Like I said, instead of showing us why they fell in love, the show was just like, "Hey, Will and Sonny are in love now."

Pretty much. Sonny "getting Will to fall in love with me" NY goal was stalkerish and a bit weird. I thought they were cute at first, but I grew bored with them. I never thought FS had all that much chemistry with CM and even less so with GW. I was more into the idea of Sonny/Chad (when CD played Chad), I thought it would have been more interesting.I also think FS and CS have more chemistry and they are stronger actors than GW is, but hey...

Edited by Ruby Red
  • Love 2

Also Justin wtf is a work spouse? That's not cute to your real spouse and I wouldn't find it cute. Justin doesn't bother to tell Else that he's uncomfortable with that because he's married. If Elsa takes offense to it then it's someone he shouldn't be working with.

• Love 4

Will might be a little naive, but didn't he sleep with Gabi when he was with Sonny? Or were they on one of those breaks? Anyhow, I feel the fact that he has a kid that came out of something a bit problematic and cloudy should have been a clue for him that he knows a stronger commitment like marriage is supposed to work (my point isn't about pregnancy as I do realize that gay guys can't get pregnant, but more about the long-term fallout Will had to deal with when he did it with Gabi while he sort of had something going on with Sonny?). Even if you exclude the times Sami and EJ have gotten into trouble for cheating, and Lucas has been at the receiving end of  cheating, I feel that Will should know the consequences of sleeping with someone else (i.e Gabi) while the other person thinks you're into them (i.e Sonny) because of the Gabi mess.

Edited to add:

I feel Will has something in the way of life experience to know how marriage is supposed to work.

Edited by bantering

PS from the shallow end of the pool: So refreshing for this woman of a certain age to see men -- Casey Moss and Greg Vaughn -- who have not manscaped to within an inch of their lives. Chest hair FTW!

I mentioned a few weeks back that smooth-chested Casey Moss suddenly had hair on his chest during his romp in the hay with Eve. I wonder if the show told him to grow it out (or, gasp! it's a rug) to make him look a little more older. Smooth-chested made him look underage and viewers might think statutory rape in the back of their minds.

• Love 2

Will might be a little naive, but didn't he sleep with Gabi when he was with Sonny? Or were they on one of those breaks?

They weren't technically together yet when Will slept with Gabi.  Sonny kissed him after the Days-saster, Will freaked out, and he had a final grasp at straightness one-nighter with Gabi.

They did take a break when Sonny found out he hid that he was the father of the baby.

• Love 1

I think my favorite moment was when WIll found out that Sonny is Paul's first love and he was about ten seconds from going into a tantrum that Sonny still has feelings for Paul when Paul shut him down with a , "No he said he was married and in love with his husband."  Simple. straightforward and it shows the depths of Sonny's faithfullness.  Awesome moment :)

• Love 12

Maybe he thought that's what pre-nup meant?

Hee. "Prenuptial, premarital, extramarital, who can keep 'em all straight?"

I'd be disappointed if Will's cheating were "explained" by Will's romantic inexperience -- but I guess that's the way they're going. (Shut up, Corday.) I think it makes Will seem worse if he is supposed to have had such doubts from the beginning. All those conversations about how he didn't want to tie Sonny down, and something like this never came up? I call "retcon"! And I say it makes Won't look even more weasel-like, if he never once talked to Sonny about how he really felt.

Don't even get me started on the false equivalencies of "You've had more experience that I have." Such horseshit! 

Karma's a right bitch, Will: your daughter will grow up to despise you.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 4

Don't even get me started on the false equivalencies of "You've had more experience that I have. Such horseshit! 

Yeah, I think that's it a little weird to cite that as an excuse to stray. In any relationship, I figure one person is always going to be a little more experienced that the other person (if you don't count the people on that Duggars reality show). 

• Love 3

Cheese and fucking crackers Guy's acting sucks right now. A goldfish out of water gasping to breathe is not the best acting choice, Guy.

"You've had sex with other guys (before we even really started hanging out together)" is the most WILL-fully stupid comment imaginable.

• Love 8

Jen Lilley's mascara she wears is called Younique. she said it's the best and gives her those intense lashes.

Yass! Thank you! I've got my credit card ready, and I'm ready to order! Thank you again so much. I appreciate the time you took to find out the brand. I'm sure her eyes are  very naturally beautiful on their own, but I'm ready to try my best to imitate what I can!

• Love 1

Jen Lilley's mascara she wears is called Younique.

Wasn't Younique a contestant on America's Next Top Model? No, that was Spontaneous. Silly me. 

The "I fucked you for the elephant in the room (not that one) you gave away?" look from Serena made me giggle like a school girl.

Edited by rustyspigot
  • Love 4

Honestly, is anyone surprised by Will's poor excuses?  He is Sami's son, and she made equally poor excuses and rationalizations whenever she got caught in her lies.

That said, I'm gonna continue throwing shade at Sonny -- not a whole lot, but still a little bit -- because at least a small part of this came from his own secrets.  He should've told Will about Paul from jump, and perhaps Will might've avoided him altogether.  Or if he didn't, he'd have been WAY more cautious in dealing with him.  That said, it was still ultimately Will's choice to cheat in the first place, so I hope that Sonny focuses his anger entirely on him and only gives it minimally to Paul since he had absolutely no clue that Will was his husband.  Sonny needs to back off him, and I hope he does when he finds out that Paul really didn't know about Will and Sonny's connection.  He has a right to be mad at him, too, no doubt.  But definitely not more than he should be at Will.

• Love 2

Cheese and fucking crackers Guy's acting sucks right now. A goldfish out of water gasping to breathe is not the best acting choice, Guy.

"You've had sex with other guys (before we even really started hanging out together)" is the most WILL-fully stupid comment imaginable.

This is spot on.  I kept thinking he looked like he was trying to swallow a goldfish.

• Love 2

Honestly, is anyone surprised by Will's poor excuses?  He is Sami's son, and she made equally poor excuses and rationalizations whenever she got caught in her lies.

I'm surprised in the sense that his excuses are too dumb for words. At least Sami's excuses, even if they were only excuses and nothing else, kind of made sense when her family members heard them come out of her mouth. Sure, Roman shouldn't have believed his Peanut (although I'm not sure if he actually did),  but at least I could see how she could trick herself into believing that someone might fall for what she's saying to buy herself time whenever she was in a jam.   What I'm baffled about with Will is why he couldn't come up with a better excuse than "but..you slept with other guys before I knew you!"  Like, why did he think he could get Sonny to be understanding about that particular line of reasoning? Anything that came out of Sami's mouth would have at least sounded better than that even if she wasn't owning up to her mistake. The "I saw you have sex with John on a desk while you were married to my dad!" excuse certainly sounds a heck of a lot better than "but..but you had more sex than me before we got married!"

I'm not necessarily shocked he's making excuses. I'm shocked at the actual excuses he's coming up with.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 4