Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I wonder if Sami would have slapped Sonny if he had been the one to cheat on Will. I understand Adrienne's anger towards Will and she has every right to be upset about her son getting hurt, but I thought that slap was a bit too much and uncalled for.

Edited by Ruby Red

Sami absolutely would've been acting like that.  Just like Will has been doing, Sami blamed everyone she could whenever she got caught for something.  She made bogus rationalizations, as well, which is what I think Adrienne meant when she said that about Will.

I think Sami did blaming when she was caught  in an actual scheme. But if she got caught cheating  (which isn't scheming, but isn't good either -- it's more of a common mistake albeit executed less stupidly and awkwardly by most people than how Will came to cheat) I think she actually would have taken the smack-down from everyone over it and most likely did when Will was calling her out. Maybe she drew the line at being called a "slut" by her son though. When she cheated on Rafe, she looked a lot more remorseful than Will has so far, and she looked extremely angry at herself. Maybe she might have cited some kind of excuse to explain how it happened,  but her excuse at least seemed to be  more of the regular human desperate explanation  to understand  her  own psychology at the moment the cheating happened rather than the weird excuses Will has been using, which honestly I've never heard anyone use (i.e. "I didn't know marriage means you have to not cheat." Geez, even Bill Clinton didn't start defining the semantics of  the legal definition of marriage in order to explain his cheating and he probably well could have and made it sound believable considering his oratory skills! ).    When EJ said they should hide what had happened, she thought it was a bad idea and said she had to tell Rafe. At some point, I think she even said she and EJ were "sick people", acknowledging how warped they are.  I don't think I've really seen much of that from Will except for MAYBE that one time in the shower when he looked like he was trying to pass wind, but even then Sami showed A LOT more in the way of personal guilt than Will did. Sami felt justified in her schemes, but I never got the impression she felt justified in her cheating (she said she was now just like her mother, and that was the one mistake she never wanted to make).  

So that's where Will acting like this is baffling to me. I don't know which family member this behaviour is reminiscent of. Even Sami was going "WTF have I done?" when she had cheated. She looked like she wanted to vomit all over the Dimera sofa when she realized what she and EJ had done (and he looked similarly perplexed).  I feel like Will is acting a bit like Carrie after she got with Rafe (I know emotionally rather than full on physically), but at least Rafe wanted her and Marlena approved it, so I could see why Carrie was all "Whatever , I am Carrie, hear me roar. My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard."

Edited by bantering
  • Love 4

A bit OT but I'm obsessing about a great event I'm going to in LA next month -- a benefit concert with potential VIP passes -- and all I can think about is how I want Kate to take me shopping so I can buy a cool outfit like the clothes she wears. And maybe I'll finally get some dark blue streaks just for that night, lol. 

• Love 3

Ok,so Adrienne has a right to be angry at Will for what he did, but I thought the slap was a bit much. And mentioning Sami.

I guess its dump on Will time and it's a soap, so I'll go with it. Perhaps when Sonny comes back, Adrienne might draw from her own experience if he wants to fix his marriage.

Sonny himself is proof that Adrienne and Justin could get past stuff and Alex is proof that its possible to love a child that's not biologically yours.

Anyway, Will deserves a bit of what he's getting because he is focusing on Paul instead of himself.

In Sonny's absence, I really think his insecurity about Paul is driving him. He probably believes that he and Sonny will only have a chance with Paul gone because the show made a point of Sonny leaving without clarifying why he married Will.

I think Will is going to hit bottom eventually because they are working overtime to make Paul the good guy.

they need Will to solve the mystery, but I hope he gets with another guy if Sonny wants to be with Paul. He should work to get Sonny back, but still maintain his dignity.

• Love 3

Well, nearish.  Dubuque, Iowa.  We had German Catholics, Irish Catholics, German Lutherans and Bohemians, Luxembourgers, Dutch, etc.  My mom was Irish, my dad a combo plate of Germanic types, both catholic, and THAT was considered a mixed marriage.  I loved my upbringing, but I didn't even know about oregano until I moved to SIN CITY, that toddlin' town of Chicago.  Everyone was convinced I'd be killed.  

We did not slap each other in my home town.  Looks of Death, though, now, THOSE I remember!

Bwahhh. Boes are you a Simpsons fan? One of my all time favorites scenes is when Marge goes to a fancy home store picks up a jar of oregano and says: "Or-uh-gahn-o? What the hell?" I am such a dweeb that damn near every time I reach for the oregano I utter this line. 

• Love 1

I knew sooner or later someone would blame Sami for what Will did.  Will was wrong for cheating, but it is not Sami's fault he cheated.  It would be hilarious if Sami decided to out all the Salem hypocrites, Adrienne included, in her movie.

She wasn't blaming Sami for Will cheating, but Sami is partly responsible for Will being the spineless, blame-shifting twit he is. And Sami was deflecting blame for her actions all over the place during her two decades on the show. It was Marlena's fault, or Carrie's, or John's. Then it was EJ's (though, yeah, sometimes it was)

It was never Sami's fault. Even years later, she was stomping her foot and whining "I was a just a kid!" when EJ reminded her that she raped Austin.

• Love 2

I wonder how the show is going to put Sonny back with Sparkle because Sonny is in love with Will. It has to be something big that sends him back to Paul. I don't think Will blackmailing Paul's mother is enough to warrant a reunion between them. The show as usual is being heavy handed in their characterizations of Will and Sparkle. Will is being made to look like a selfish, immature, insensitive asshole, while Sparkle is written as a mature, selfless, good guy. What was the point of creating Wilson and making a big deal out of their wedding last year, just to destroy them before their one year anniversary. It is just disappointing to see. I want Will to triumph whether it is with Sonny or without him. 

I still maintain that Will would have never done this to Sonny and Arianna. He wanted to be the antithesis of his parents, The writers were able to convey that in the past when Chandler was still playing him..There was so much that could have been done to explore the Wilson relationship without tainting them..I think people on this board could have written better stories for Will and Sonny. I have read good fanfictions about Wilson that explored their dynamic without destroying them as individuals and as a couple. I wish that they would explore Sonny's Kiriakis side, he would be good as a darker character...Justin went dark for a while after he found out about Adrienne's affair with Emilio....Sonny should go dark, while separated from Will and Arianna.  Freddie would kill it. He has really shown us his talent in this stupid storyline. Every cloud has a silver lining and Freddie is it for me..He is the only reason that I still watch this show...I still like Will, I am just disappointed in him.

If and when Sonny takes Will back, he needs to lay down the law. Will needs to quit his job at Sonix, it has bought him nothing but trouble with his loved ones. Zoe is a bad influence and Will is too passive to  stand up to her. A stronger person would have objected to her wanting him to hide his marriage from Sparkle. I wish Jack was still alive and he could have had Will work alongside him, JJ, Stefanie, Victor Jr, Jennifer and Nicole at his old newspaper. How would Kayla react to her daughter working so close to Jack? That could have been an organic way to explore her dark past with him.  Victor Jr and Nicole would start having an affair and would fall in love to the horror of Victor. Victor was a great foil back in the day for Bo/Hope, Justin/Adrienne, Bo/Carly, Kim/Shayne. He would be moving heaven and earth to keep Nicole away from Victor Jr.  I would also like to  have seen Sonny interact with both Jack and Steve. Sonny was Adrienne's miracle baby and she named him after her beloved brothers. I just want the Jonhson family back, minus Duke, they were all so complex and dynamic. They were so awesome back in the day...We got a taste of what could have been and it has left me wanting more after all this time....Sonny's 3 brothers need to be in  Salem causing mayhem and interacting with everybody.. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

Even when CM was still in the role, Will was behaving out of character. Going to work for EJ was a big WTF moment for me, and is probably still the biggest. Since then, I can't bring myself to say "Will would never do that!", even the cheating, since his character totally lost his footing back then. At this point the only thing that defines Will is a total lack of character!

• Love 3

I notice Adrienne never mentioned any resemblance to Lucas. I guess that would have hit too close to home, eh, Adrienne?

Adrienne needs sit back, fold her hands, and close her teeth on any more hypocritical remarks about who is likely to be a cheater. Of course, it's completely in character for her to let her hatred of Sami get the better of her, but it's not really relevant.

I think the show needs to quit it already with the slapping. It's enough. More than enough. Find other ways to express conflict, writers!

boes, I'm still laughing at Jawn and his Roomba on a date. ("Maroomba" for the Nickname thread?)

• Love 3

I wonder if Sami would have slapped Sonny if he had been the one to cheat on Will. I understand Adrienne's anger towards Will and she has every right to be upset about her son getting hurt, but I thought that slap was a bit too much and uncalled for.

Sami is not allowed to slap or she would have laid one on the princess Abigail.

• Love 2

I am part of the Sony Studio Insiders, aka, I take surveys about Sony shows. The following was in their current newsletters. Thoughts?

Days of Our Lives (NBC)
Thank you to the 800 participants who took our 2014 Days of Our Lives survey.  You continue to demonstrate your dedication to the show and have expressed to us that Days is an important part of YOUR everyday life.  More specifically, we asked about some relationships and storylines and we heard you loud and clear that Sami and EJ are an iconic couple of a love that transcends time!  You enjoy the family storylines and are up for a little mystery but you feel we can limit the amount of supernatural activity that makes its way on to the show.  You told us that a good story is not without a compelling “villain” - oh how you love to hate Kristen and Stefano DiMera. Thank you for sharing your feedback and passion.

• Love 1

Sami is not allowed to slap or she would have laid one on the princess Abigail.

Sami was pretty damned slappy in her day.She also out and out brawled with at least Nicole and Carrie. The last person I remember her slapping was Will last summer, so she was definitely allowed to slap.

• Love 2

we heard you loud and clear that Sami and EJ are an iconic couple of a love that transcends time!

Now wait just a damn minute. Sami and EJ are an iconic couple that transcends time? Excuse me? Bitch please. 

oh how you love to hate Kristen and Stefano DiMera.

Kritter's personality consists of being batshit crazy and nothing else and Stefano hasn't been scary in at least a decade. Dude can't even step foot in Salem because he's afraid the incompetent Brady PD will throw him in jail. What's there to "love to hate" about these fools? 

• Love 7

Trying to control my gag reflex for a minute over the description of Sami and EJ's relationship...doesn't this survey sound weirdly like it was conducted around a decade ago? I'm assuming the "transcends time" thing was a reference to the Colleen/Santi storyline, and there's also a reference to limiting supernatural activity on the show. When was the last time the show even mentioned Colleen/Santi or did anything supernatural?

• Love 5

When was the last time the show even mentioned Colleen/Santi or did anything supernatural?

I still don't understand why they retconned that whole story with a few random lines from Hope of all people when Jawn wasn't even on the show. Seriously, what was the point of making Jawn not be be the real Ryan Brady?

• Love 2

I still don't understand why they retconned that whole story with a few random lines from Hope of all people when Jawn wasn't even on the show. Seriously, what was the point of making Jawn not be be the real Ryan Brady?

Wasn't that so Brady and Theresa could hook up since they were no longer biologically related to each other? Atlhough I think the biological degree was rather distant, wasn't it? John, as Colleen's son, was Shawn's nephew, and Brady thus Shawn's grand-nephew. Theresa is Shawn's granddaughter. So what did that make Brady and Theresa exactly? Third cousins maybe? Why am I giving myself a headache?

• Love 2

She wasn't blaming Sami for Will cheating, but Sami is partly responsible for Will being the spineless, blame-shifting twit he is. And Sami was deflecting blame for her actions all over the place during her two decades on the show. It was Marlena's fault, or Carrie's, or John's. Then it was EJ's (though, yeah, sometimes it was)

It was never Sami's fault. Even years later, she was stomping her foot and whining "I was a just a kid!" when EJ reminded her that she raped Austin.

I think Lucas deserves some blame for how he turned out too though. He was as part of Will's upbringing as she was. And he was as in on that stupid plot about Nick as everybody else was, I think.  Ditto for Kate, and she usually gives Will bad advice. She's a loving grandmother, but she is the mother of doling out lessons on  terrible life skills. Maybe Will might have told Sonny if Kate hadn't stepped in not too. Ultimately, he's accountable for keeping the secret, but I don't know why Kate gives the advice she does sometimes (oh, there might be a chance to send someone to an electric chair so we can dodge a couple of bullets? Let's do it!). Have any of her plans for her son or grandkid ever turned out properly?

I can't really tell who Will resembles personality-wise, if I'm honest. He's never pulled off any of the schemes Sami and Lucas have. He's made just more of the regular mistakes people in real life have but seems unable to deal with the consequences of those like regular people can. Sami's and Lucas's actions were the kind you'd really want to try and hide your head in shame over. That's why I don't get why Will is having a hard time explaining himself properly on mistakes that by comparison are smaller than the rest of Salem's. 

I think Will is a bit prissy like Carrie (well, this version of Will anyway), but I don't think she really deflects like he does either. Then again, I don't think she's really ever had to either (both because no one really cares what she does and, again, her mistakes were on a smaller scale. But then again so is Will's comparatively.) I suspect this version of Will might be the most like Abigail. They both have some kind of weird cognitive dissonance thing going on when they set out to make a mistake, and then seem taken aback when people push back against their self-righteousness.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 4

The slap, while I don't agree with doing anything like that, felt satisfying because it was something Jackson would never do and I could easily imagine Abifail on the receiving end of that huge smack.  Adrienne wasn't messing around.  And I didn't see it coming except it came on the heels of Sneasel daring to tell his mother in law repeatedly that while he didn't know Sparkle's involvement with Sonny, the words of his proposal sounded the same and he knew it was Sonny.  Wait, he didn't know it was Sonny but that's why he cheated?  So with that nonsense he insinuated that Sonny's proposal to Sneasel was insincere, at the very least?  Does Sneasel not care that both of their families made more than a few adjustments in accepting and supporting the relationship?  Sneasel's nonsense is insulting to them too.  While I don't support slapping (I don't know anyone who slaps either) I have to hope it knocked some sense into him or at least warned him he has to stop this garbage.  Now.  I mean, he's not even trying to make things better.  Going around admitting to the family he cheated to me comes off as wanting to get his side of the story heard first. 

• Love 2

That's why I don't get why Will is having a hard time explaining himself properly on mistakes that by comparison are smaller than the rest of Salem's.

After yesterday's Will scenes, I kind of got the impression that the reason he's having a hard time explaining himself properly on mistakes is because he doesn't really feel guilt for them. In the abstract he knows what he did is typically labeled as being wrong, so he says he knows it was wrong, but he doesn't seem to really feel or think that. And that's why his explanations suck, because he doesn't even understand his actions as being wrong anyway, yet has to try to explain why he did something wrong. Sort of like if I were to try to explain calculus, which I flunked in high school - I could give you the definition of a function, but I could never explain it.

• Love 4

Trying to control my gag reflex for a minute over the description of Sami and EJ's relationship...doesn't this survey sound weirdly like it was conducted around a decade ago? I'm assuming the "transcends time" thing was a reference to the Colleen/Santi storyline, and there's also a reference to limiting supernatural activity on the show. When was the last time the show even mentioned Colleen/Santi or did anything supernatural?

The survey was sent out at the end of October last year. They asked general questions. What kind of storylines do you like? Mysteries, supernatural, based on families, romance etc. I'm assuming a lot of people voted no on the supernatural.

It's weird they even did that survey since most of the questions were about EJ and Sami. Sami's last day was a few days after and EJ was already gone.

• Love 1

I think the reason that Will is having a hard time explaining his infidelity is because it does not make any sense. The cheating storyline came out of the blue and there was no build-up to it, just like the Ejabby hook-up. They have truly done a disservice to the character and its fans. Even Guy said that he hard a time with the script and was perplexed as to why Will would cheat on Sonny...He felt guilty about cheating on Freddie...lol Even the actors were scratching their heads at this plot twist..

The only infidelity story that worked on days was when Marlena cheated on Roman with John. It was well done and you felt bad for all involved in that sordid mess. You understood Marlena's confusion, heartbreak and shame in breaking her vows.  She loved Roman, but, she loved John as well. She lived with him for years as her husband, only to find out that he was a fraud and that her real husband was alive. She never really dealt with her feelings for both men and it came back to haunt her...That storyline made sense because it was connected with Stefano's hatred of the Brady family and the games he has played with them...There were long term consequences because it was character driven and not plot driven like Will's infidelity...

If I was writing the show, I would have had Will be tempted by Sparkle, but, not fall into temptation. It could have been a way for Will to question whether or not he was too young to get married without exploring his sexuality to the fullest...Sonny is the only man that he has ever slept with and that curiosity for what else is out there could have driven other storylines for Wilson...Will could have even question his love for Sonny, did he love Sonny or was he grateful for his friendship and support when he was struggling with his sexuality and family problems..Was it love or gratitude that  tied him down to Sonny..From the beginning, Sonny has had a mentor/mentee relationship with Will and that dynamic has set the tone for their marriage...What about Sonny? why was he such in a rush to marry Will and form an instant family with Ari? What was his motivation?  You could be in a loving relationship with somebody without the benefit of marriage. Was he afraid that Will would eventually leave him for someone else?  He was not happy about the LA trip and I am surprised that he did not offer to go to keep an eye out on Will..All of these things could have been explored within the marriage of Wilson without infidelity from either party...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

Lucas definitely deserves part of the blame for Will being a mess. Him taking the fall for Will shooting EJ, and the continued coverup, is a big reason why Will doesn't seem to get that his actions have consequences. I don't see much of grown up, surprisingly reasonable, Lucas in Will, though, but I see Sami in some very important ways.  Both share some major insecurities that lead to self destructive behavior and both stubbornly refuse to take responsibility for their own problems. Maybe if Lucas were on screen more, he'd have been scheming and making excuses, too, but he wasn't and like Justin, I have to take things at face value and assume that he's matured. Sami didn't. She came around a bit during her exit story, but overall, she continued to blame everyone else for the problems she created for herself. That's why I (and Adrienne, presumably) tend to see Will as being more like Sami.

Edited by shesajar
  • Love 2

YES!! I knew Victor was faking it regarding giving into Clyde! I KNEW IT!! 

More Dr. Dan worship by Paige. Goody. And now he's butting into the whole JJ/Paige mess by demanding answers from Jen. I hope she keeps up her streak of physical violence and kicks him in the crotch... maybe she can scream 'JJ's not your son!' while she's at it. That would be awesome.

And no... JJ wanting to get back with Paige after he's been having an on-going affair with her mom is gross! It's gross! I like JJ but I'm never going to root for that! Ever! Stop it!

Maggie demanding answers from Eve... oh for fuck's sake. At this point, I hope Eve cracks from the various people wanting to shove her daughter back at the young man who has been dealing with his shit by burying himself between her legs and just screams out the truth in the middle of the square. Hell, give Paige a bit of a dark side with that... it might make her more interesting. She knows her mother and how she deals with stuff but would she be willing to hear out JJ? Is there any excuse that results in 'and that's why I kept sleeping with your Mom' making sense? Or anything that makes Jen even remotely encouraging this a reasonable response for that matter?

However, I do love Eve cursing Jen under her breath. That's just fun. Now give her a cauldron or something.

And does this mean that Stefano and Victor are going to team up to take Clyde down? Because I would sign on for that in a red hot minute!

• Love 3

After yesterday's Will scenes, I kind of got the impression that the reason he's having a hard time explaining himself properly on mistakes is because he doesn't really feel guilt for them. In the abstract he knows what he did is typically labeled as being wrong, so he says he knows it was wrong, but he doesn't seem to really feel or think that. And that's why his explanations suck, because he doesn't even understand his actions as being wrong anyway, yet has to try to explain why he did something wrong. Sort of like if I were to try to explain calculus, which I flunked in high school - I could give you the definition of a function, but I could never explain it.

That's a good analogy!

• Love 3

Sami was pretty damned slappy in her day.She also out and out brawled with at least Nicole and Carrie. The last person I remember her slapping was Will last summer, so she was definitely allowed to slap.

Yes Sami has slapped but she was not allowed to slap the Horton perfect princess.

• Love 3

Why is Dan so involved in the lives of his babysitter and his ex's son? Who the hell does he think he is leaving that condescending message for Jennifer, who I don't even like, and demanding she answer him and not go anywhere as if she was a child? Was the hell is Nicole so desperate to be with him?

I cannot believe Nicole actually Dan & Jennifer to Bo & Hope. I didn't even Bope in the 80's but even I know they were a true supercouple. I did like the vibe between she and Aiden, but these writers are ruining her by making her a Daniel ass-kisser.

I really hope Victor & Stefano really do team-up to eliminate that rapist hillbilly. James Reed is a fantastic actor, but this character is just awful and his behavior with Katarina the last two days is just ridiculous. This show shoveles a lot of bullshit, but Kate Roberts even giving Rape Hillbilly the time of day is just too much.

ETA: Jenn's dress with the slit in the fabric on her chest was so bizarre. I get that nearly everyone on this has awful and totally inappropriate for work wardrobe on this show, but Jenn's dress today takes the cake. It was only trumped in awfulness by that dingy purple jacket Daniel had on. And then her hair looks more old fashioned than her couch. Why cant this show go to Ikea and Marshalls and buy some decent furniture and clothes?

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 1

I can't believe Ken Corday thinks that Daniel is a hero and a worthy partner of Jennifer Horton....He must be smoking something...The real Jennifer would never touch him with a ten foot pole...He needs to take a look at some old episodes of his show in the 80's and early 90's to see compelling and complex male characters like Steve, Jack, Shayne, Justin, Bo, Roman, Victor, Tony and even John back in the day..Dan the pervert does not hold a candle to these men...He is so gross and he looks dirty and smelly.. It is heartbreaking to see Kate with Clyde. After everything that she went through with  Austin and Billie's father, you would think that she would be able to spot a snake in the grass like Clyde....I would be happy to see her find out the truth about him and kill him....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

The only time in 2014 Sami was allowed to be Sami was when she teamed up with Kate against EJ/Stefano, and in the end, the writers took even that away from her.  Sami would have stomped Slappy into the ground, but she wasn't allowed to.

Adrienne wasn't even in Salem for most of the years that Sami was scheming.  When it comes to Will, Sami, Lucas, and Kate are all responsible for his lousy childhood.  However, Sami is the only one that ever gets blamed.  I consider this to be another fault of the writers.  EJ got to bring up what Sami did to Austin when they were arguing, but Sami did not get to say anything about EJ raping her, or EJ having Fake Rafe rape her, and laugh about it.

I would love for Victor to double cross Stefano, and take out both Clyde and Stefano.  Kate should get to destroy Clyde and Stefano to, but that won't happen.

Kate needs to take Ari and Theresa, go find Sonny, and take all of them to live in Hollywood with Sami.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 4

I am so sick of this tried ass crap with JJ, Lima Bean, Suddenly Southern, and Raccoon Jen. Even JJ is starting to annoy me. And why the hell is 50 year old Dan evolved in this crap? 

What a boring useless episode. 

• Love 6

A totally boring episode.  Only the Victor scenes were interesting.

True line of the day, Victor to Rafe: "I don't pay you to think."

Oh, God, more Nicole sad face.

No, Victor, don't fall for Stefano.

Edited by Rick Kitchen
  • Love 2

Wait, that would actually be mindboggling, and interesting, and soaps have never done a late-in-life gay storyline that I recall...much less with two grey/villain types. I don't know if it would work, but it would at least free Victor of Maggie, and - 

Oh. You meant the other kind of "fall for." Damn. We'll have to carry on with the boring stories, then.

Edited by Black Knight
  • Love 5

"Anyone's better than JJ." Really, Eve? Even kiddie rapist Clyde or a what about a white supremacist or wife beater. Damn she acts like he's the antichrist it's ridic esp since he's a weak idiot only and she finds him perfectly ok to open her legs to.

Kate's hair looked amazing and I loved her periwinkle turquoisey mani. I liked Raccoon's hair today. Lima Beans hair looked stupid. I am so sick of this stupid JJ, Lima Bean, and Southern triangle. I do not give a fuck who dates who or who sleeps with who and don't understand why their whole life and everyone they know obsesses over it daily. It truly is not that complicated.

• Love 6

I am so sick of this tried ass crap with JJ, Lima Bean, Suddenly Southern, and Raccoon Jen. Even JJ is starting to annoy me. And why the hell is 50 year old Dan evolved in this crap? 

What a boring useless episode. 

I've never seen a character dominate as much as Dan has in the past few years, even back when EJ was the rising hot male star on the show circa 2006-2007 and was playing two characters. It's ridiculous.

• Love 1

Yes Sami has slapped but she was not allowed to slap the Horton perfect princess.

Yeah, I think Sami was only allowed to slap women who were considered as bad as her or Carrie,  but I can't recall her being allowed to slap someone who had wronged her but is considered good by the rest of Salem and isn't related to her.

Meanwhile, I think Abigail is allowed to slap both genders for some reason, and even people she's slept with.  

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

The slanted writing kept Sami from doing as much damage as she could have, but I did enjoy that scene in the hospital where Sami toys with Slappy and Jordan like a cat with a couple of really dumb mice.

• Love 4

Dingy is so fucking nosy. Why the hell is he trying to act like a father figure to Lima Bean. One of the main reasons why this character grates. Yes, you're overstepping big time asshole. Now he wants to involve himself in the JJ/Lima Bean/Suddenly Southern/Judgy Jacosta nonsense. He really needs to sit his ass down somewhere and find some soap, rag, scissors, deodorant and every damn hygiene product in the world. I'm really not a fan of SC's style of acting, it's like he takes in a deep inhale followed by a constipated look on his face. He's always acting like he needs to take a very dry dump.

Lima Bean is a dumbass. Oh Dingy wouldn't give a dirty look, yea ask Theresa, Nicole, Suddenly Southern, on the looks that he gives people.

Another person Judgy Jacosta, who the fuck is she?? "I'm gonna call Suddenly Southern and make sure she didn't stay up all night coming up with a plan." Bitch is she really that damn stupid that Suddenly Southern might lie to her. Judgy Jacosta is a nimrod. Then she calls Suddenly Southern and says she slept with JJ to use it as blackmail and Suddenly denies that's how it went down and Judgy Jacosta says, that's exactly what happened. She thinks that she knows every damn thing. No you don't, so shut up. Judgy Jacosta really needs to have a huge fall, onto a bed of spikes.

JJ, you must have been a real bastard in a past life to get Judgy Jacosta as a mother or the devil sent you back up to get punished some more. Only person who deserves Judgy Jacosta as a mother is her trashbag daughter Jar Jar. Did he really think Lima Bean was gonna take him back just like that. You paraded Roxanne in front of her and then the next day say it's over and you want to restart the relationship. That's just mighty fast movement there JJ and how the hell do you wanna be in a relationship knowing full well you just fucked her mom. I just can't like JJ anymore, he's such an ass and the Deveraux/Horton trait is shining right through.

If Chad doesn't know what a cost analysis file is, since he only took a glance at it and really doesn't know how to put one together and Kate is being dumb down to not know Chad's weaknesses when it comes to what he can and cannot do. Shame on both Kate and Chad.Chad just isn't ready to stomp with the big dogs because he runs to Daddy when he can't take someone down on his own and exactly who has Chad taken down? He can't say BOllie because there's no charges being pressed against him, he folded way too easily for Jar Jar.

Nicole, all this begging is just ridiculous. Why she's going all out for Dingy is beyond me Dingy is no Idris Elba, Ian Somerhalder, or Jared Padalecki. Those are some men you'll beg to be with or just me.

• Love 6

And to think I sorta welcomed the Nicole/Dan pairing because I thought it would mean an end to her begging Eric endlessly. Now it just means that she's begging twice as much as she was before. Someone tell AZ to put all the time she's spent playing the beggar to good use and go to the writers' room and beg them for something different to play. Why do they keep doing this to AZ/Nicole? She's so appealing and watchable when not in begging mode, and this show is kinda short on people who are appealing and watchable. Stop wasting her!

• Love 4

I'd be surprised if there's a big brat culture in Iowa but I hope so. 

I wouldn't say a big brat culture but we always had them.  Big sellers at all church festivals.  We are right across the river from Wisconsin, though, and we sure do like their cheese!!  Monroe Creamery, YUM!

But we save our fanaticism for the day-after-Thanksgiving Turkey and Dressing Sandwiches, which a non-Iowan friend described (in an unkind fashion) as a hot bread sandwich.

Bwahhh. Boes are you a Simpsons fan? One of my all time favorites scenes is when Marge goes to a fancy home store picks up a jar of oregano and says: "Or-uh-gahn-o? What the hell?" I am such a dweeb that damn near every time I reach for the oregano I utter this line. 

I honestly do remember the first time I tasted real italian food in Chicago - HEAVEN!   And I'm a Simpsons fan, for sure.  Which is why Abe Carver reminds me of Chief Wiggums these days every time I see him.  

Sorry to be OT.

Why is Dan so involved in the lives of his babysitter and his ex's son? Who the hell does he think he is leaving that condescending message for Jennifer, who I don't even like, and demanding she answer him and not go anywhere as if she was a child? Was the hell is Nicole so desperate to be with him?

It was hard to tell the difference between Dan and Maggie today, wasn't it?  First he's running around campus, giving guys who aren't JJ the stink eye and counseling Paige on her romantic life.  Because it's not at ALL creepy to have some guy you hardly know butt into your private life, especially when you're a young girl.  Oh no, not creepy.  Also, shallow note - but was he wearing the old clothes from Miami Vice?  A purple sports coat?  At his age?  

Cole may be a creep, but I love him saying to Paige, "Who's the old guy?"

A totally boring episode.  Only the Victor scenes were interesting.

True line of the day, Victor to Rafe: "I don't pay you to think.

Oh, God, more Nicole sad face.

Wait, that would actually be mindboggling, and interesting, and soaps have never done a late-in-life gay storyline that I recall...much less with two grey/villain types. I don't know if it would work, but it would at least free Victor of Maggie, and - 

Oh. You meant the other kind of "fall for." Damn. We'll have to carry on with the boring stories, then.

They could get married to a reworked version of "Love Grows Where My Dimera Goes".  It would be lovely.  And maybe Maggie, on her way out the door, could leave a few of her old Dynasty castoffs for Stephano to wear.  He has the shoulders to carry them off.

I also liked Victor saying about Clyde "There's a brain underneath that 4 dollar haircut".  Victor, as always, saved the day just by being there.  When Maggie had Rafe peering at him through the door and Victor was staring at his tablet smiling, pure classic Victor.  And then when had his early drink, chortling because he's fooled everybody including Maggie and Rafe, more of the same.

Maggie is just not the woman for him.  She's such a prissy fake.  You just know she has knitted doily covers for the extra toilet paper with dolls heads on them.

I know she's an icon, but it would have been fine with me if Eve hauled off and socked that old bat when she started badgering her about the clothing drive.  Especially since the other day Maggie was looting the donations just in case JJ wanted something.  If Maggie was really this nice woman, she's back off and shut up when she sees she's talking to someone who doesn't want to talk to her.  Taunting Eve further isn't something a "nice" person does - but it's something Maggie does.

I wish Eve had, at the very least, flattened Maggie's Hindenberg Hairdo.  That would have sent her shrieking for the hills.  

So, I guess that yesterday, Jenn went upstairs to bed, and today her alternate personality, Jann, came down.  WTF, nutcase?  First she's in her unblinking batshit crazy JJ and PAIGE MUST BE TOGETHER schtick, and today's she's all "But can you do it?  Will you be happy?  IS it right?"  With all the mixed messages JJ gets from her I'm surprised he's not catatonic in his closet sucking his thumb.  Then she's poking Eve - because it always works to upset a crazy person - and then she's playing Costello to Dan's Abbott, except completely devoid of all humor and charm.  

I knew that sleeping upside down suspended from the ceiling of her basement wouldn't be good for that tiny brain of hers.

And speaking of tiny brains (but freakin' HUGE other things these days), I'm ready for Nicole to be hauled off to the asylum.  Now she's pigeon-holing relative strangers aka Aiden to ask nonsensical questions - about what, exactly?  

I would much rather this be a build-up to a Nicole has a brain tumor storyline and not a Nicole has bagged a butt tumor boyfriend named Daniel storyline.

• Love 5

I feel as if JJ messes up with Paige, it will be more on him than Jennifer. He doesn't have to do anything she suggests.

We didn't cut slack for Sami when Marlena the devil was giving her bad advice or for Will when Kate was telling Will not to tell Sonny about the infidelity. So iff JJ messes up here despite whatever Jennifer is suggesting, I think that's on him. Maybe wise sage Rory's words got to me: "Man up, JJ!"

I wonder if Jennifer likes Paige so much because she associates her with JJ's post-drug, post-juvenile delinquent period. I suppose that's why JJ is in love with her too ("whatever in love means" in this particular instance, to quote Prince Charles). 

JEL seemed to give a master class in acting to both Will and Sonny with just one line: "What were you thinking?"

I never really got the big whoop about JEL's acting until I saw her with Will --  you could really feel her pain. And she didn't even seem like a hypocrite despite her own cheating history -- that takes skill....

I was shocked when  Adrienne was all "Do you even know what being married means?" (or whatever it was she said that sounded similar to that).   Sonny must told her what excuse Will used. 

I could see shades of Sami during Will's conversation with Adrienne, but her acting would have been WAAAAAAAY better than that ..... she would have delivered those lines in a way that wouldn't have made her seem so.....squirrelly?  Whenever he has to answer someone, he answers as if he's some kind of criminal on Law and Order and everyone else is Benson and Stabler....

What is up with Abigail's phase? It keeps morphing every day to the point where I'm asking "Is she actually pretty or not? I need an answer!"

Was Abigail giving Chad the Sparkle sex-eye when Ben  exited? What was that????? WTF was that whole conversation between Chad and Abigail?   She seemed to go back into sex-closet Abigail mode there.... Meanwhile Chad seemed somewhat boyish when responding to her...

Edited by bantering
  • Love 4

It is on JJ. And I like that Jennifer is cautioning him that, you know, secrets have a way of coming out. In theory, I even like her going to Eve and telling her to give JJ and Paige a chance. I hope it means that she's ready to support her son, even if it all blows up in his face.

Of course, the best advice she could give JJ is to just move on, but I could probably count on one hand the number of times good advice has been given on this show.

• Love 3
I am part of the Sony Studio Insiders, aka, I take surveys about Sony shows. The following was in their current newsletters. Thoughts?

Days of Our Lives (NBC)

Thank you to the 800 participants who took our 2014 Days of Our Lives survey.  You continue to demonstrate your dedication to the show and have expressed to us that Days is an important part of YOUR everyday life.  More specifically, we asked about some relationships and storylines and we heard you loud and clear that Sami and EJ are an iconic couple of a love that transcends time!  You enjoy the family storylines and are up for a little mystery but you feel we can limit the amount of supernatural activity that makes its way on to the show.  You told us that a good story is not without a compelling “villain” - oh how you love to hate Kristen and Stefano DiMera. Thank you for sharing your feedback and passion.

I hope James Scott sticks with his claim that he does not want to return to Days.  I want Alison Sweeney/Sami to at least visit, especially for the 50th, and I'm not sure that will happen if it means Sami might get paired up with EJ again.

• Love 1

James Scott was very angry and disappointed with what they did to his character and I understand his reasoning for not returning to the Show. EJ and Sami should have been a dark power couple screwing everybody in Salem, except each other..Sami worked as a villainess or anti-heroine, but, never a heroine...It was laughable when they tried to do that with her..Sami needed Carrie on canvas and the show never explored that relationship to the fullest..It was lazy writing to have them revert back to being enemies over Rafe of all people...Carrie should have come back to Salem and join forces with Sami to crush Abifail.  I always wanted Carrie to have more of  an edge due to her mother Anna. It would have been a hoot to see Anna and Sami bond just like Carrie and Marlena.

• Love 4