Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I think its to set up Sami vs Nicole something the show can't resist. Sami and Kate don't hate each other as much as they used to. However Allie isn't exactly smart is she she wants to hide from Sami yet thinks going to Salem with kid in tow would go unnoticed in Salem? 

Perhaps there are a lot of dummies who reside there.

• LOL 2
6 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I think its to set up Sami vs Nicole something the show can't resist. Sami and Kate don't hate each other as much as they used to. However Allie isn't exactly smart is she she wants to hide from Sami yet thinks going to Salem with kid in tow would go unnoticed in Salem? 

Perhaps there are a lot of dummies who reside there.

Bingo! Allie running around and hiding her secret like some runaway teenager is ridiculous. She's a grown ass woman that can make her own decisions whether Lucas or Sami like it or not. This is just a setup to have Sami barreling into Salem and blaming everyone else for her daughter's problems.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

If Allie doesn't want Salem, i.e. her family, to know she's pregnant then why would she even go there? Was she planning on just staying inside Eric's apartment for 9 months?

Right. And I think this would again play better if she were a teenager.  It'd make sense for her to run away to some place that was familiar.

But at 22 with her grandmother's credit card?  I think she'd go somewhere spring breaky and stay there.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Right. And I think this would again play better if she were a teenager.  It'd make sense for her to run away to some place that was familiar.

But at 22 with her grandmother's credit card?  I think she'd go somewhere spring breaky and stay there.

If she was still a teenager then the people of Salem and Lucas would have ZERO excuses for keeping Allie's pregnancy a secret from Sami. Since Allie is supposedly a college graduate, she is an adult that can make her own choices in her life.

But my question about Allie is if she has been partying hard as per Lucas, when did she find out that she was pregnant and when did she stop partying? Is the baby going to be in danger of having birth defects because she was drinking and maybe taking drugs during the first few months of pregnancy?

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Artsda said:

If Allie wanted to hide her pregnancy why did she think booking a flight to Salem, which includes 2546879 family members would be a good idea? It's a miracle nobody saw her before she even got to Erics. Then she expected everyone to hide her pregnancy from Sami? Like John? Roman? Marlena? 

She expects the entire town to keep her secret? If you didn't want Sami to know, Salem was not the place to go especially with Kate's unlimited funds. She could have hid out until she gave birth anywhere else.

Gabi should have gone to jail for that for many years, not to mention the reason that happened was because Abby let her get away with her drugging her (while pregnant) and gaslighting her. Had Abby sent her to jail where she belonged, then the chain of events with Julie's heart may not have happened.  Gabi is appalling, she needs to go to jail or Bayview.

Nah.

• Love 4
59 minutes ago, nilyank said:

If she was still a teenager then the people of Salem and Lucas would have ZERO excuses for keeping Allie's pregnancy a secret from Sami. Since Allie is supposedly a college graduate, she is an adult that can make her own choices in her life.

True but I think I'd understand her knee jerk reaction to return to Salem more if she were in her teens than in her 20s because it is going to be next to impossible to keep the baby secret from her mom.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, JBC344 said:

I'm liking the introduction of Allie, but like many others I'm baffled as to why she went to Eric and by extension Nicole. It just seems so random. 

I can actually understand not going to Roman, John, and Marlena but there is no way in hell Allie wouldn't of made a B line for Kate and Will. I get not wanting to be exposed by being at the Kiriakis mansion, but I think it makes far more sense for Allie to have contacted Kate and Will and if they in fact were hiding her out. Hell even her going to Rafe for help considering how close they used to be makes more sense than Eric and Nicole.   

She could have gone to Rafe, he was her stepfather and a better parent than her mother was.

16 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

She could have gone to Rafe, he was her stepfather and a better parent than her mother was.

How was he a better parent than Sami during his one year of marriage to her? I don't understand where this idea that Sami was a bad mother to the twins and Sydney. The worst things that she did during their childhood was the constant fighting with EJ over custody of their kids. But by the time, Sami was happily married to Rafe, she was the sole and primary custodial parent of those kids.

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, nilyank said:

How was he a better parent than Sami during his one year of marriage to her? I don't understand where this idea that Sami was a bad mother to the twins and Sydney. The worst things that she did during their childhood was the constant fighting with EJ over custody of their kids. But by the time, Sami was happily married to Rafe, she was the sole and primary custodial parent of those kids.

I agree.  I don't see Sami as a bad mother and especially not to the the three youngest.  Will may have a legitimate grip or 10 with both her and Lucas but even those are long in the past IMO.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

I guess if Abby had sent Gabi to jail they could have been prison besties like Will and Ben?  Abby did NOT have the "split" when she murdered Andre and the only reason Gabi wanted revenge was because SHE was the one who went to prison for what Abby did.  If Abby had been safely in prison where SHE belonged Gabi would never have had the motive OR opportunity for revenge.  I think what Gabi did is no where near as bad as what Abby did.  

That's when she split and the alters were formed, Abby had mental disorder. And Gabi was framed with 1 person in the right mind, Stefan. Husband she's so in love with and wants back so badly. He's the one who framed her willingly and knowing what he was doing. Which Gabi seems to have no issues with. 

Abby should have been put in Bayview for what she did, like Claire. However, what Gabi did to Julie with sound mind, what she did to Abby with sound mind she should be locked up in jail for attempted murder of Julie. 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, nilyank said:

Sami also dragged her kids all over the world looking for a not-so-dead EJ. It’s clear to me that she put EJ before her kids. I wouldn’t be surprised if Allie resented her for that.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Artsda said:

That's when she split and the alters were formed, Abby had mental disorder. And Gabi was framed with 1 person in the right mind, Stefan. Husband she's so in love with and wants back so badly. He's the one who framed her willingly and knowing what he was doing. Which Gabi seems to have no issues with. 

Abby should have been put in Bayview for what she did, like Claire. However, what Gabi did to Julie with sound mind, what she did to Abby with sound mind she should be locked up in jail for attempted murder of Julie. 

She had already been framed by Abby (who put on the wig and walked by the security cameras) before Stefan even knew what she had done.  He didn't instigate it, he only went along with it after the fact.  And the fact that Abby split AFTER SHE MURDERED ANDRE does NOT absolve her of the crime or automatically keep her out of prison.  She was of sound mind when she did it.  She should have gone to prison after she was declared sane and finished out the rest of her sentence.  Gabi should never have had the opportunity to extract revenge.  Claire committed her crimes WHILE she was mentally ill.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, JBC344 said:

I'm liking the introduction of Allie, but like many others I'm baffled as to why she went to Eric and by extension Nicole. It just seems so random. 

I can actually understand not going to Roman, John, and Marlena but there is no way in hell Allie wouldn't of made a B line for Kate and Will. I get not wanting to be exposed by being at the Kiriakis mansion, but I think it makes far more sense for Allie to have contacted Kate and Will and if they in fact were hiding her out. Hell even her going to Rafe for help considering how close they used to be makes more sense than Eric and Nicole.   

Why is Eric random? Eric is her mother's twin brother and she is also a twin with Johnny. She has that in common with Eric unlike her other aunts and uncles.  It makes sense to me that she would turn to Eric in her time of need. I have no doubt Sami encouraged her children to have relationships with her siblings especially with her beloved twin brother.   Rafe is the one who makes no sense in comparison to Eric.  I  am so happy that he is not in this story. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Sami also dragged her kids all over the world looking for a not-so-dead EJ. It’s clear to me that she put EJ before her kids. I wouldn’t be surprised if Allie resented her for that.

I don't why Sami is at fault for doing something that every female heroine would have done for their husband and father of their children such as Marlena, Hope, Kayla and Jennifer. Sami was was looking for Johnny and Sydney's father for two years before she gave up hope and stopped looking. It was until a year or so later, that Kristen had kidnapped her around John and Marlena's umpteenth wedding that she found out that EJ was indeed alive.

Now, I don't doubt that the show will have Allie resent Sami for searching for EJ for those years. But during all the time, Sami was raising her younger children by herself. She didn't dropped off her children on her relatives and then go looking for EJ by herself. She didn't enrolled them in boarding school.

The few times that she came to Salem without the kids had nothing to do with EJ: Will's funeral, rumors about Will not being dead, warning her mother at the wedding about Kristen after being kidnapped, Caroline's death and finally Will's trial for killing Adrienne.

• Love 6
39 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Why is Eric random? Eric is her mother's twin brother and she is also a twin with Johnny. She has that in common with Eric unlike her other aunts and uncles.  It makes sense to me that she would turn to Eric in her time of need. I have no doubt Sami encouraged her children to have relationships with her siblings especially with her beloved twin brother.   Rafe is the one who makes no sense in comparison to Eric.  I  am so happy that he is not in this story. 

Eric is random in the grand scope of the character and her relationship to the people of Salem.  Not that I'm discounting Eric being Sami's twin but Eric has never really been a constant relative in their life. 

Like I mentioned in my previous post Allie is related to half of Salem.  Her goal we see is to come to Salem and hide out, especially from her domineering mother Sami.  Going to the one person in Salem who has had a favorable relationship to Sami and is on good terms with her seems like a "random" thing to do.  It especially seems like a random thing to do when you have other relatives in Salem who while not on bad terms with Sami but also have "complicated" relationships to her, whom Allie is also close to; Will and Kate.  Relatives who would gladly understand where you are coming from and help you get your life on track. 

Rafe and Allie were very close when he was her stepfather.  So close, when Rafe was switched with an imposter it was a plot point because Allie sensed that he wasn't the same person.  Even after Sami and he divorced he kept a relationship with Allie going through Lucas allowing him to see and spend time with Allie.  Rafe also came to Italy to help out with Johnny a couple of years ago.  

Now if the circumstances were different and Allie was a well adjusted young adult, whom wasn't in conflict with Sami, coming to Salem for a family visit and wanted to stay with her Uncle Eric I wouldn't find that "random" at all.  But from what has been presented to us, I find Eric of all the relatives for her to pick, random. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Was she planning on just staying inside Eric's apartment for 9 months?

From the looks of it, maybe more like 3 months...which as we all know, can be done.

• LOL 3
6 hours ago, MsTree said:

From the looks of it, maybe more like 3 months...which as we all know, can be done.

She's still an idiot lol. If she's trying to keep her pregnancy a secret from Sami then going to Salem at all was dumb and going to Eric's specifically was just beyond idiotic. But it's all for plot so it's like whatever!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

She's still an idiot lol. If she's trying to keep her pregnancy a secret from Sami then going to Salem at all was dumb and going to Eric's specifically was just beyond idiotic. But it's all for plot so it's like whatever!

Before Sami crashed Carrie/Austin's wedding and revealed she was pregnant with Will she at least ran away to Seattle and bunked with some chick named Ashley(played by Tara Reid) to hide her teen pregnancy for a while that at least showed Sami had some working brain cells.

They could've done something similar to Allie where we see this pregnant chick but we don't know exactly who she is despite the fact that she wants to avoid Salem. Lucas comes to Salem frantic about Allie being missing. Then Kate/Nicole/Eric could've helped him track her down. Then they could've found out Allie is pregnant etc.  Shortly after Sami shows up. That requires too much thought on this show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 6/13/2020 at 1:11 AM, DaphneCat said:

Yay - another custody battle for a baby that will forever be ignored. 

I know, right? I did find myself wondering where Holly was hiding as half of her extended family showed up to argue loudly in the living room. I really liked the way Nicole handled herself during all of those scenes, but as a mother now, I would think she would put Holly's well-being head of Allie's request. Since Allie hasn't been in their apartment more than an hour and already there's been yelling and anger and issues, I would think Nicole would rather have Allie move in with Kate at the mansion then spend more time in their tiny apartment potentially upsetting her daughter. Plus Allie used to live in the mansion so it's kind of her house anyways isn't it?

I pay so little attention to Jack, I completely forgot he and Xander had off-screen character history. That's probably one of my biggest beefs about the stupidity of having all these characters rescued and brought back to life off camera. Since we never saw those relationships play out or develop it's easy to forget they were even written into existence. I guess Xander also has history with Vivian now too?

I had to chuckle at the giant "I'm sorry" ad. Paul Telfer may not be as good at the emotional scenes, but he can play humor and I appreciate that.

I'm really fed up of Marlena side-eyeing Claire every two minutes and being overprotective of Ben. I feel like the rumours I read about Deidre really liking Robert have influenced the writing to the point where the character of Marlena loves the serial killer more than anyone in her actual family. It's pissing me off so bad you guys!

I can't get over how odious Ciara is. She gets out of Ben's bed for the first time in weeks, marches off to work with a couple of proposals and then proceeds to harangue Brady into reading and accepting them as the Holy Bible and the greatest thing ever thought up and then blackmails him - the CEO of the damn company - to implement her ideas or she'll tell his grandfather that he's taking the entire company down, whether or not it's actually true. Girl, while you flippantly talk about Victor "stroking out", could you please remind yourself that you caused Victor to have a stroke the first time, cuz you did. At least in the sense that those types of things can be triggered by arguments in soap operas. And then, there's the fact that you never even finished college or got a degree or in any way deserve the position at this company that you've been gifted simply because you're Victor's "sweet" granddaughter. 

I hate the fact that the writers are letting her see through Brady's plot so quickly. And did anybody else think that when she was speaking on the phone about what has happened to David, that she was talking to Rafe and expressing deep concern for her brother who just lost his son...and not Ben? Initially, I really thought she was talking to Rafe and then when I realized she was talking to Ben about how hard this is for him, I just hated her all the more. Ben's relationship with David was nothing more than a test of his worth as a reformed serial killer. Ben and David have no actual relationship - he's just a prop. And if he has to be a prop, I would rather he be a prop for idiot Rafe, who has at least been on the show for a number of years and isn't the worst person in existence.

If Maggie can't see the value in leaving Victor and getting her own place and getting Sarah out of Xander's orbit, she's a terrible mother. I get that at this point she's an elderly woman who's afraid to lose the man she's committed her golden years to, but this shit has gone on for way too long. There was all the crap with Deimos, there was Xander shooting Brady and kidnapping Nicole and Holly - your granddaughter! - and nearly killing Nic and Eric etc, etc. Don't get me wrong, I'm almost willing to look the other way because I think Paul Telfer is an asset to the show and his relationship with Maggie has been kind of sweet, I just wish the writing was a bit more honest. Maggie is basically too scared to walk away from the destructive men in her life and is now encouraging her daughter to settle for something similar. Not healthy.

"Oh I'm sure Kristen left him no choice but to go along with stealing your unborn baby, honey. It was just a slip. He's better than that."

?!?!

Anyway, I love seeing Claire and John so happy with one another. I think I remember Olivia saying at the Day of Days event the last time she was there that she wished she had had more scenes with Drake. There was even a sweet photo of the two of them hugging it out at the fan event, so it's really nice to see that play out on screen because I don't remember them ever being close before. That's a retcon I'm willing to accept because how often do we get to see happy people in a family caring about each other on this show?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 9

I much prefer Jarlena with their kids/grandkids rather than seeing them suck face or re-enact their low budget adventures of yesteryear as geriatrics. They can still be in storylines that are more family oriented and supporting their children/grandchildren without being considered "dead weight" that's how Tom and Alice managed as they got older till they passed away. 

Their dynamic is one of the more authentic ones the other were the Devereauxs but the kids are off screen now so we don't see it anymore.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

"Oh I'm sure Kristen left him no choice but to go along with stealing your unborn baby, honey. It was just a slip. He's better than that."

I went back and read the scripts because I was sure xander went along reluctantly and he was emphatically saying no way to foetus swap until kristen blackmailed him. So yes culpable but under duress. Nobody realistically could think there was anybody really motivated except Kristen. Except Brady I guess who seems to think Xander was forcing her into it

• Love 3
21 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I'm really fed up of Marlena side-eyeing Claire every two minutes and being overprotective of Ben. I feel like the rumours I read about Deidre really liking Robert have influenced the writing to the point where the character of Marlena loves the serial killer more than anyone in her actual family. It's pissing me off so bad you guys!

Fucking this! It's annoying as hell. It's just so ridiculous and it astounds me that the writers think it's a good idea, no matter how enamored they personally are with the 'Ben is the best' plot.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I much prefer Jarlena with their kids/grandkids rather than seeing them suck face or re-enact their low budget adventures of yesteryear as geriatrics. 

Me too. I’d like to see more family interaction. It still pisses me off that they weren’t involved with Brady or Eric when they were dealing with the baby switch. Literally zero scenes of them finding out about Rachel/Mickey or comforting their sons of their loss. Yet they will shove Maggie into the family scenes that belong to John and Marlena. It’s frustrating.

• Love 5
(edited)
58 minutes ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Me too. I’d like to see more family interaction. It still pisses me off that they weren’t involved with Brady or Eric when they were dealing with the baby switch. Literally zero scenes of them finding out about Rachel/Mickey or comforting their sons of their loss. Yet they will shove Maggie into the family scenes that belong to John and Marlena. It’s frustrating.

This whole baby switch was another missed opportunity by this show to have connected the entire cast. 

Jarlena should be front and center being conflicted over Brady/Eric's roles in Rachel/Mickey's life, dealing with Kristen etc instead they're re-enacting past storylines of yesteryear when the show doesn't have the budget and Jarlena aren't the age they used to be to pull something like this off anymore. 

Eric should've been a bit more conflicted over giving Mickey back to Kristen given his past history with her and stabbing Victor etc. I wouldn't have minded if Eric went with Nicole's idea to keep it a secret. 

Sarah/Xander could've gotten married and then she finds out much later into the marriage. 

Jack/Jennifer could've done some investigative work on this whole baby switch I mean they're reporters  instead of giving them nothing to do since Eve  and their children aren't around anymore. 

Kayla could've actually been put under fire and lose her job over this because it was the final straw over how University Hospital has mismanaged so many things this past year alone. Melinda could've been brought back to make sure Kayla paid since Haley's death happened in the hospital leading the charge while Justin would defend her(and in typical Justin fashion lose). She could've been brought back to her roots and decide to re-open the Riverfront Clinic then Steve returns and they try and reconnect. Instead they have Stevano and well enough said.  This also would be a good opportunity to have brought back Mike Horton or even Craig Wesley to return as Chief of Staff at the hospital.

I know my idea would require a bigger budget for certain things but it would be preferable over what we got. Where the drama was completely neutered for this entirely storyline showing the TJ and everything else was rather pointless. 

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Glad I never liked Doc, so I can be ahead of the curve with Doc hate.  🙂

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Fucking this! It's annoying as hell. It's just so ridiculous and it astounds me that the writers think it's a good idea, no matter how enamored they personally are of the 'Ben is the best' plot.

But she’s right to be wary of Claire. She IS still nuts. I don’t like it, but it’s true. The bus is coming for Claire. She’ll be thrown under it to prop CIN. Ron is so predictable. I was hoping Gwen was going to frame Claire, so Claire will be innocent, but it looks like skid marks will be on Claire’s back instead.

3 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

This whole baby switch was another missed opportunity by this show to have connected the entire cast. 

Jarlena should be front and center being conflicted over Brady/Eric's roles in Rachel/Mickey's life, dealing with Kristen etc instead they're re-enacting past storylines of yesteryear when the show doesn't have the budget and Jarlena aren't the age they used to be to pull something like this off anymore. 

Eric should've been a bit more conflicted over giving Mickey back to Kristen given his past history with her and stabbing Victor etc. I wouldn't have minded if Eric went with Nicole's idea to keep it a secret. 

Sarah/Xander could've gotten married and then she finds out much later into the marriage. 

Jack/Jennifer could've done some investigative work on this whole baby switch I mean they're reporters  instead of giving them nothing to do since Eve  and their children aren't around anymore. 

Kayla could've actually been put under fire and lose her job over this because it was the final straw over how University Hospital has mismanaged so many things this past year alone. Melinda could've been brought back to make sure Kayla paid since Haley's death happened in the hospital leading the charge while Justin would defend her(and in typical Justin fashion lose). She could've been brought back to her roots and decide to re-open the Riverfront Clinic then Steve returns and they try and reconnect. Instead they have Stevano and well enough said.  This also would be a good opportunity to have brought back Mike Horton or even Craig Wesley to return as Chief of Staff at the hospital.

I know my idea would require a bigger budget for certain things but it would be preferable over what we got. Where the drama was completely neutered for this entirely storyline showing the TJ and everything else was rather pointless. 

I love your ideas especially about Kayla and it would harken back to the story where she almost lost her license as a nurse back in the day that involved the Lombard family and the death of their son and a lawsuit that was brought up against the hospital for negligence..  That was a good story that affected the whole cast and I believe Marlena saved the day back when she was not all about John and actually had a purpose.. I know Marlena is hated on this board but she was awesome during that time..

• Love 2
3 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Glad I never liked Doc, so I can be ahead of the curve with Doc hate.  🙂

I didn't mind her in the 80s but when she returned in the 90s she was just so.. cold and unfeeling. Maybe she was always this way but back then I didn't notice?

50 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

I love your ideas especially about Kayla and it would harken back to the story where she almost lost her license as a nurse back in the day that involved the Lombard family and the death of their son and a lawsuit that was brought up against the hospital for negligence..  That was a good story that affected the whole cast and I believe Marlena saved the day back when she was not all about John and actually had a purpose.. I know Marlena is hated on this board but she was awesome during that time..

Yes now would she do it again despite the whole thing possibly wrecking her family this time? 

Would be a nice revisit but we need writers that care to make this happen its obvious they don't.

• Love 2
(edited)
23 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I didn't mind her in the 80s but when she returned in the 90s she was just so.. cold and unfeeling. Maybe she was always this way but back then I didn't notice?

Yes now would she do it again despite the whole thing possibly wrecking her family this time? 

Would be a nice revisit but we need writers that care to make this happen its obvious they don't.

It made sense to me that Marlena was very different in the 90's and beyond after all that she had been through.  She was definitely happier with her fulfilling career as a doctor, being a stepmom to Carrie, having her children, being with Roman/Rojohn and being a part of the Brady family in the 80's.. She was super close to Kim, Bo and used to call Caroline and Shawn, mom and pop.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I feel like the rumours I read about Deidre really liking Robert have influenced the writing to the point where the character of Marlena loves the serial killer more than anyone in her actual family. It's pissing me off so bad you guys!

Unfortunately, it's not Deidre's or Robert's fault that the writers are so not creative.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, MsTree said:

Unfortunately, it's not Deidre's or Robert's fault that the writers are so not creative.

There's plenty of blame to go around lol.

12 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

[Claire]’ll be thrown under it to prop CIN. Ron is so predictable. I was hoping Gwen was going to frame Claire, so Claire will be innocent, but it looks like skid marks will be on Claire’s back instead.

I'm still holding onto some hope that they're misdirecting and they're not about to fuck Claire over to prop Ben and Ciara again. I don't really know why I am though since they're more likely to just repeat the same story like they always do.

• Love 3

Stay focused on the topic at hand: currently airing episodes of the show. Spoilers (or hinting that there may be spoilers in a way that could give away spoilers) are off topic and discussing them will get your post(s) removed.

• Love 2

I tuned in for the first time in a while for Friday's episode.

I enjoyed the Jack/Xander scenes as I love all things Jack. I LOL when he joked about Xander pulling a "Say Anything" boombox held aloft moment to win Sarah back.

I loved seeing Lucas again - I am still bitter after all these years that they ruined Lumi to have Sami fall for her rapist. They could have been the future Tom and Alice. 

Allie is supposed to be in college? I clocked her as being 16-17. And I totally don't buy her running to Uncle Eric (even if he is her mother's twin) over big brother Will.

Ciara was rocking that leopard print dress. VK is just gorgeous. Although were they chem-testing her with Brady? I mean, I told myself "nooooo" because they're first cousins, but they do have chemistry together. 

Speaking of chemistry, Sarah and Brady are a non-starter. 

I still love John/Marlena even if DH was more OOT than usual in his demonstrating his excitement over still-crazy Claire being sprung from Bayview.

• Love 5
(edited)
16 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Here's the thing, nothing you suggested would require that much more money. They'll bring back Rolf 95 more times this year, when bringing back Mike or Wesley would make a lot more sense. I'm totally down for Kayla getting fired because apparently she's privy to everything that goes on in this hospital and so much of it is completely illegal, from people finding out about patient's personal info, to baby swaps, to patients murdering nurses to mad scientists using hospital equipment for their experiments, free of charge. It's crazy and the show could build story out of it, but as usual they miss opportunities for some of the best stuff to happen.

I still can't believe they had Jennifer and Adrienne restart The Spectator newspaper with Anne, and then have Will and Jack end up on board too, and never actually built a simple set for any of them to go to work in. I think we saw one cubicle one time when Will was at the office, and never again. I bet they just walked into the DOOL production office and filmed that scene there too. I get that these are digital times and most reporters do work remotely, but they talk as if the physical newspaper still gets printed as a community paper, so if it's still a big deal and Xander is willing to pay $5,000 for an ad in it, that means they can probably afford to rent out some office space.

But what's this...? Ben and Stefan need an entire set all for themselves? Well let's go ahead and make a big motorcycle repair shop and a side room where Stefan can sleep because I'm sure we'll have tons of characters in that set, so it'll totally justify the cost. Sorry, no Spectator set money though. And who says Abe and Kate need their own houses? Pffssht. Naw. They're just veterans. Why not show one of them sleeping on the Horton Town Square Park Bench? That'll do.

Also, Ben is going to need the whole big church set and every cast member, past and present, available for his big wedding to Ciara. Nicole and Eric and can get married in an alley or some shit though. Who cares, right?

I will be amazed if they actually bother to show us Claire's bedroom at Marlena and John's penthouse. If they do, I'm sure it'll look exactly the same as Rafe's living room/Hope's living room/the apartment above the pub.

I really wish they would have reconstructed Hope's house, given how many scenes she seems to have now chatting with people outside of work. I actually kind of miss that set. I feel like the last time we saw it, Aiden's blood was being splashed all over the walls. If they wanted to suggest that Hope really is back to being herself and trying to put her life back together, showing her in her old familiar home would be a great visual way to capture that. And isn't Steve living there now?

Can fans request an inquiry into the show's budget and spending choices? I feel like we should have a say here.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 10
21 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I hate the fact that the writers are letting her see through Brady's plot so quickly.

Much as it pains me to say anything that might be construed as a defense of the writing choices on the show, it's not like Bonehead Black is capable of subtlety. A couple of seconds with the Salem Brain would be all she'd need. 

• Love 4

Well, lots of "cuckoo" people today!  Will, telling Ben, that Ben murdering him was 'Water under the Bridge"!  And then Olivia Rose Keegan making Claire a bug-eyed, over-the-top begging cousin!  Yikes, we, the audience, can tell that Claire is up to something but nobody in her family can?!  Sarah(who is a character I liked) is now Nuts too!  Begging Brady for Sex...I don't see her point at all!  And then Julie nearly fainting when she sees Jake & excitedly telling him about Gabi wanting to 'blow up her Heart".....there were a lot of "nutty" people in Salem today!

• Love 2
(edited)

I wasn't watching when Ben killed Will but seeing them act all buddy-buddy today knowing their violent history was complete bullshit. I was spoiled about the best man request, but hugging?? Will talking about their babies growing up together?? Hell no!! This is one of the most disturbing "friendships" I've seen on this show in a long time. I can't believe poor Will has been forced into forgiving Ben just because he (Ben) needs friends and the writers of this show have a massive hard on for him. 

I like the Claire actress but I agree with everyone else that her olive branch to Ciara is all an act and she is going to lash out at some point; most likely at the Cin wedding. I'm not much of a Ciara fan but I really liked her scenes with Claire; they had some nice frenemy chemistry. It's also been nice these last few days that Ciara has shared scenes with people other than Ben. Makes her a bit more likable. 

Ugh, Sarah. It was pathetic watching this 30-something doctor begging Brady for sex so that she could hurt Xander. I said it before, but she is acting like a teenage girl with this stupid revenge plot. 

Edited by bunnyblue
  • Love 10

Today's entire episode was an exercise in resistance - from throwing things at my TV.

Will - jokes about Ben killing him, and it's water under the bridge about his actual killing of him.

Ciara - doesn't trust Claire, who has spent 99% more time seeking help from a mental health facility than the guy she is marrying, who is a "reformed" serial killer.

Sarah - no, Xander totes won't believe us if we just lie about sleeping together. In order to really get our revenge, my vagina must be used!

Lani & Eli - can't solve the case because we're using facts! It has nothing to do with the fact that we absolutely suck at our jobs. (Also, can't Cop #4 in the background handle the missing Gabi case so Lani doesn't have to like, break a sweat?)

• LOL 5
  • Love 5

The Will/Ben scenes would be rage inducing if it wasn't just so fucking ridiculous. The writers think the audience is so stupid. It ends up being kind of hilarious really.

At least Claire got to tell Ciara she might wanna ease up on her since Ciara is marrying a serial killer. I understand Ciara being leery of Claire, but her smugness ruins it. And, again, the whole fucking a serial killer thing. Anyway, I hope this is misdirect and Claire is sane now. OK, actually, I hope she's insane and straight-up kills Ben and/or Ciara at the wedding, but that isn't going to happen so I'd settle for her just not being thrown under bus for Ben/Ciara again.

I skipped most of the Lani/Eli, Jake/Julie, and Sarah/Brady scenes, but even in fast forward they were insufferable.

I did catch the first Jake/Julie scene and lol at Julie's Karen energy.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
24 minutes ago, RunningMarket said:

Today's entire episode was an exercise in resistance - from throwing things at my TV.

Will - jokes about Ben killing him, and it's water under the bridge about his actual killing of him.

Ciara - doesn't trust Claire, who has spent 99% more time seeking help from a mental health facility than the guy she is marrying, who is a "reformed" serial killer.

Sarah - no, Xander totes won't believe us if we just lie about sleeping together. In order to really get our revenge, my vagina must be used!

Lani & Eli - can't solve the case because we're using facts! It has nothing to do with the fact that we absolutely suck at our jobs. (Also, can't Cop #4 in the background handle the missing Gabi case so Lani doesn't have to like, break a sweat?)

Yup, all of this.

I LOVED the fact that Claire was using Ben against Ciara.  If HE can change, Ciara HAS to trust that Claire can too - right?  I also loved that Claire called her on the fact that Ciara was completely patronizing her - "Yes, I graciously forgive you, and I trust you completely.  Please ignore the fact that I never actually take my eyes off of you.  Also, ignore the back-up camera I'm having permanently installed on my head -  I just like knowing who's behind me at all times, it has NOTHING to do with you."

Yes, what if Sarah insists they sleep together, and Xander simply roars with laughter and refuses to believe them?  What next, a billboard in Horton Square?  

I love how Lani went from - Gabi skipped town to Gabi was murdered in about .03 seconds flat - no other possibilities in between.  Now THAT is some FINE police work.

• Love 9
(edited)
14 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

I love how Lani went from - Gabi skipped town to Gabi was murdered in about .03 seconds flat - no other possibilities in between.  Now THAT is some FINE police work.

I'm surprised she didn't call up Kate and ask that Jake (the alleged murderer in her theory) get the keys to the city. 

Edited by RunningMarket
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

They needed to have a disclaimer running on the bottom of the screen that said something like: "You actually don't have to forgive, befriend, or even be polite to anyone who has ever laid a finger on you." 

This show is fucking disgusting.

• Love 14
(edited)

If the show doesn't want characters to do bad things don't have them do bad things and act like its nothing. They neuter their storylines and make everything pointless in the long run.

If the show wanted to give Ben a friend it could've been Jake. Why does it have to be Will? 

I'm glad JJ isn't subjected to this mess... I assume Sonny still hates him due to their lack of scenes?

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 2