Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I have to say, the Kristen/Sarah/Baby Rachel scenes were well done with Kristen actually showing some compassion towards Sarah's pain and grief--LG has been the star of this entire storyline and the moment when she handed the baby to Kristen and her face just crumbled up in misery kind of killed me, and Rex has been a truly good friend, talking to her calmly, knowing her innately kind nature was buried under her grief and that she'd so the right thing in the end.

All of the scenes at Adrienne's grave were also well done, and I liked the wonderfully mature conversation Justin and Steve had over their shared grief of missing Adrienne--I would have loved to have had a flashback but I guess that's asking too much.

• Love 10

It also would have been nice if Jack and Steve went to the grave together instead of having him go with Hope.  But ahhh....the quad.

I enjoyed Rex and Sarah quite a bit this week but especially today.  They're actually working for me more than they ever worked for me as a couple.  That's probably because their whole last run as a couple was inauthentic in that Sarah wanted Eric the whole time.  (I think I'm right about that.)

But their scenes today were pure.

• Love 11
35 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

The visits to the grave reminded me that a few days ago they cut scenes of Will and Sonny at the cemetery...what did they cut from today?

They were supposed to reflect on it being the anniversary of Adrienne's death. I wouldn't be nearly as salty as I am about it now, if only the show hadn't released a whole ass Mother's Day video (which oddly put a Marlena and Steve scene in there, because okay sure) containing this scene that would have aired today:

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Brady:  "Wow!  In the whole 8 minutes you've had that kid, you haven't pushed anyone down a flight of stairs or stabbed someone!  (Fortunately, I didn't get to see you threaten Sarah before you were smart enough to change your tactics - but I would have dismissed that as being in the past anyway.)  You've just shown me that you are a GREAT mother!  You should absolutely run away with that child."  It seems Brady only wants to HAVE children, he doesn't actually want anything to do with them - especially his throw-away line about Tate - "He's in California, with Teresa."   Sort of like, "He's safely in his box, I'll take him out again when I want to play with him."

• LOL 13
  • Love 7

Welp, that was the worst, least satisfying ending to the baby swap story. Good work, writers! Best of luck, Rachel. You're going to need all the help you can get. I was so hoping that little girl would scream bloody murder when Mommy Dearest got her mitts on her.

Brady, you continue to be a complete moron. Both you and Lani should be thrown in jail for aiding and abetting a fugitive.

Oh, Ben, you're so romantic. <eye roll>

• Love 11
2 hours ago, pearlite said:

Not just super-cheap small, but... Did they re-use a sign from some earlier sequence? I ask because the sign behind Soliloquizing Sarah read, "Billets de Spectacle." That means show tickets.

Maybe somebody thought it meant "show your tickets"  😄

• LOL 9
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

Apparently she did, if she's looking for work in her stiletto heels and no panty hose.

####DEAD#### 

HAHAHAHA you done killed me dead, Silver Raven!

• LOL 4

Perhaps isolation is getting to me, but I thought Kristen was pretty even-keeled, I mean, grading on the curve of Kristen. I don't argue with Sarah's remarks of "you're a psychopath therefore you shouldn't have access to children", but the incessant "you're not her mother" was really grinding my last nerve. (And I've mentioned that before.) Sarah was caught up in the emotion of it all, but she didn't really snap and lose her mind. So for her to repeatedly insist she was Micky-Rachel's mother was a bit over the top.

Also, I only caught a glimpse of it in the background of one shot, but the signage indicating "plate-formes" was correct. So, they get that, but can't swap out a sign that is so obviously wrong and in the forefront of most shots? Oy, show.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Horrible news today. Mimi called Kate looking for Rex’s whereabouts seemingly hinting they may be together. 

I don't think that was it. Rex and Mimi share custody of Emily, and Rex has been missing for a couple of days. I'm guessing Rex was supposed to pick up or see Emily back in Chicago but hasn't shown up since he never got on the plane. 

• Love 4

I wonder how the passport stuff is going to work with Rachel.  They need a birth certificate with her name on it, and Kirsten and Brady as the parents, and a picture of Kristen and Rachel together, and a letter signed by Brady giving them permission to travel without him.  They gonna get all that at the Embassy?

And did Sarah have a passport with her and Mickey and a permission letter from Eric?

• Love 6

What emotional scenes today! Lindsay Godfrey is killing these scenes, I was crying right along with her when she handed over baby Mickey/Rachel. (The poor baby is going to be so confused!) I was just "UGH" over the Kristen/Brady scenes, I guess I was supposed to think they were romantic, but those 2 are just such yukky characters, I really don't enjoy them at all.   And I agree that the scenes at the grave with Justin & then Steve, were emotional & I liked that Kayla asked Patch&Hope to join them.  On a shallow note, I want Kayla's black dress. 

• Love 7

I could not get into the big scene between Sarah and Kristen, because all I could think of was that poor Rachel is going to live a life on the run with a psychopath.

IRL, there has been no legal ruling that says Mickey should go to Brady and Kristen.  If Sarah had gone through the courts, wouldn't it be somewhat plausible that a judge would have considered that, for the child's welfare, that she remain with Sarah, and not with the stupidest, horniest man on earth and his psycho killer qu'est-ce que c'est girlfriend?

• LOL 3
  • Love 10

Rex continues to be the brightest spot. I almost wish he was a regular but he would surely be ruined so this is probably for the best.

I skipped most of today. Didn't feel like being sad so didn't wanna watch any of the Adrienne stuff and I can't deal with Kristen, Brady, or even Xander tbh so.

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

I wonder how the passport stuff is going to work with Rachel.  They need a birth certificate with her name on it, and Kirsten and Brady as the parents, and a picture of Kristen and Rachel together, and a letter signed by Brady giving them permission to travel without him.  They gonna get all that at the Embassy?

And did Sarah have a passport with her and Mickey and a permission letter from Eric?

10 minutes ago, bannana said:

IRL, there has been no legal ruling that says Mickey should go to Brady and Kristen.  If Sarah had gone through the courts, wouldn't it be somewhat plausible that a judge would have considered that, for the child's welfare, that she remain with Sarah, and not with the stupidest, horniest man on earth and his psycho killer qu'est-ce que c'est girlfriend?

Awww, look at you two, being all logical and stuff. ;-)

GH did the same thing with Wiley/Jonah. They just handed him over to Eeyore/Michael.

We don't need no stinkin' laws or logic.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

I could've sworn there was supposed to be a scene where she unhinges her jaw and devours the baby.

That happened off screen - they don't have the budget for that!!

Sarah was caught up in the emotion of it all, but she didn't really snap and lose her mind. So for her to repeatedly insist she was Micky-Rachel's mother was a bit over the top.

Well I mean she has been the one raising the baby so = mother - perhaps that's what they were going for there? I really don't care about the dna blah blah - that baby should be with Sarah. The damn psychopath should not be raising a child, much less on the run with a child. And on the run because you know she attempted to murder someone (after getting away with killing someone just a year ago). I mean FFS - what is wrong with these writers? Seriously.

I thought LG did a very good job today - well really for most of this story. Honestly she's the only reason I stuck with it. I have liked Sarah and Rex scenes too.

Thrilled Stacy Haiduk is gone at least for now. I like the actress in other things but cannot stand her as Kristen.

• Love 12

If Victor and Stefano can have children, there’s no reason why Kristen can’t either. If we held crimes against everyone, NO ONE would be a parent. And Sarah letting Xander play Daddy to Rachel, while having a beef with Kristen is absurd.  Xander has done his fair share of killing on purpose, much more than Kristen. So if it’s okay for him to be a daddy to Rachel, there’s no reason why Kristen can’t be a mother to her biological child.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
32 minutes ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

If Victor and Stefano can have children, there’s no reason why Kristen can’t either. If we held crimes against everyone, NO ONE would be a parent. And Sarah letting Xander play Daddy to Rachel, while having a beef with Kristen is absurd.  Xander has done his fair share of killing on purpose, much more than Kristen. So if it’s okay for him to be a daddy to Rachel, there’s no reason why Kristen can’t be a mother to her biological child.

Its pretty simple for me at least: Kristen is being rewarded for raping Brady which is being whitewashed by TIIC. I didn't like it when EJ was rewarded with two kids with his rape victim either. It also doesn't help that they have totally neutered the drama out of this entire story. We should see Jarlena be uneasy and tormented at Brady/Kristen having a child together or even being together and yet... nothing.  Its not only gross to me but rather boring go figure.

Victor/Stefano strangely enough didn't have kids with women they victimized I would've been against it as well. I think they should've stopped giving Stefano kids at least two decades ago.

Had her baby with John lived instead? That wouldn't have bothered me. Or if Kristen had conceived Brady as herself? Also would've been acceptable.

This? Nope.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

They were taking a train. Do trains require passports to go into different counties now?

also fake papers are easy to obtain. I’ve known hundreds of illegal aliens. 

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

By that logic all 4 should be parents and are nifty at it since if Clyde can have children “no reason why Kristen can’t either.” I mean he’s a drug lord, pedophile, and homophobe but Show allowed him off spring so now everyone thereafter is entitled to custody of a baby. 

One piece of shit having a woman bear his kids doesn’t give a hall pass to every scumbag in town having kids and custody. 

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Kristen is a Dimera with access to money and criminal network to help her getting any phony documents and live quite at ease on the run. She will probably go to a country with no extradition.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Kristen is being rewarded for raping Brady which is being whitewashed by TIIC. I didn't like it when EJ was rewarded with two kids with his rape victim either.

Exactly. Plus the writers are trying to sell some kind of redemption story for Kristen and sorry but what exactly has shown she's changed?!? Rape Eric, rape Brady. Kill that nurse. Try to kill Victor.

I don't recall anyone running around claiming Victor and Stefano were changed. Changed! Say it enough times and by gosh it shall be true.

The thing is the writers have Rex asking what kind of life will be for the baby to be on the run. Then turn around and send Kristen a complete psychopath off on the run with the baby instead. WHAT?!?

I don't think a character like Kristen should ever have a child. Ever. But this way? Essentially rewarding her psychotic nonsense, while pretending she's changed at the expense of one of the few good characters on the show? No thanks.

At least Sarah had the good sense to dump Xander when she found out what he did - Brady just says 'whatever' and hands his baby over to Kristen. As if.

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, Damian said:

Did Kristen just leave with Rachel? I could've sworn there was supposed to be a scene where she unhinges her jaw and devours the baby.

baby eating GIF

Rachel's future.

• LOL 15
  • Love 1

And it is not like Kristen has been exactly sane even since she stabbed Victor.  She's on the verge of unravelling at any moment.  Look at how she treated Rex, the guy who actually helped her find Rachel.  She is seriously off and now she is taking that poor little baby on the run across Europe.  She will probably buy a castle in Transylvania.  Or maybe she already has one there.

All because, in Brady's opinion, she has wanted a baby her whole life, so everything is okey-dokey.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
9 minutes ago, hypnotoad said:

At least Sarah had the good sense to dump Xander when she found out what he did -

But she was A-Okay before with Xander playing daddy to the baby when she knows about all his other crimes.  Why are his crimes okay and he's good to play daddy and deny other people their children but Kristen isn't?  Sarah is a hypocrite like so many others.  She was throwing out all the names of Kristen's victims to Rex, but it went clear over her head that those same people are also victims of Xander.  Who she didn't have much of a problem with until it affected her.  

No one gets to just decide that someone isn't a good parent and steal someone else's kid.  Sarah and Xander had no right to do it to Eric.  They don't get to make that decision about Kristen.  Like it or not, there are lots of shitty people who have children.  No one has the right to go around deciding that people aren't good enough and take someone else's child.

• Love 5
(edited)
7 minutes ago, KBrownie said:

But she was A-Okay before with Xander playing daddy to the baby when she knows about all his other crimes.  Why are his crimes okay and he's good to play daddy and deny other people their children but Kristen isn't?  Sarah is a hypocrite like so many others.  She was throwing out all the names of Kristen's victims to Rex, but it went clear over her head that those same people are also victims of Xander.  Who she didn't have much of a problem with until it affected her.  

No one gets to just decide that someone isn't a good parent and steal someone else's kid.  Sarah and Xander had no right to do it to Eric.  They don't get to make that decision about Kristen.  Like it or not, there are lots of shitty people who have children.  No one has the right to go around deciding that people aren't good enough and take someone else's child.

This post is amazing. Thanks for putting into words exactly how I feel! Especially about Xander and Sarah’s hypocrisy.

I also noticed that Xander left off that HE was actively trying to help Kristen impregnate herself with Sarah’s fetus. He put all the blame on Kristen and didn’t mention his VERY active role in helping her. He misled Brady. 

For the record, I don’t have a problem with Xander having a baby, just like I don’t have a problem with Kristen having a baby. But to pretend that it’s a-okay for one of them, while the other one (Kristen) deserves to be childless is wrong.

Edited by TenaciousWarrior
  • Love 5

Having a kid isn't a reward for breathing through both nostrils, which is about the only thing Kristen can manage without harming or threatening someone.  

would you give Cruella de Ville a puppy just because she brought treats?

• LOL 4
  • Love 14

What year did it say on Adrienne's tombstone when she died? They purposely covered it up by a leaf. I thought it was odd since it’s supposed to be a year later. So she died in 2019, right?

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

What year did it say on Adrienne's tombstone when she died? They purposely covered it up by a leaf. I thought it was odd since it’s supposed to be a year later. So she died in 2019, right?

They've been vague about the year since they did the time jump.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Just because people can have children doesn't mean they should be involved in raising them. I don't know their entire histories but I know Victor didn't raise Bo and I don't think Stefano raised most of his kids. I do agree with you that Xander sucks pretty much as much Kristen and neither should be parents.

2 hours ago, KBrownie said:

Sarah is definitely a huge hypocrite when it comes to Xander. But, ultimately, she did give "Rachel" back to Kristen. If this show were obeying to any form of reality Sarah had every right to legally go after custody. Legally, her name should still be on Mickey/Rachel's birth certificate and she's still her legal guardian. She's a much better mother and person than Kristen. She didn't really "take" someone's child, since again, she should still legally be Mickey/Rachel's parent.

• Love 9

But she was A-Okay before with Xander playing daddy to the baby when she knows about all his other crimes. 

I'm not going to pretend Xander is a saint or didn't commit a lot of crimes. But this show is all about short term memory and the writers at least in the short term have been making an effort to redeem him. A far far better effort than they have done with Kristen. Xander hasn't recently been running around killing a nurse or attempting to murder an old man.

And let's be honest, Xander probably wasn't intended to become a romantic partner for anyone when he arrived in town as a bad guy. But as often happens on soaps, the writers saw something in the actor and started to adjust the writing towards redemption because of Sarah and the baby. And Maggie.

Kristen hasn't changed one bit since she was turned evil. The writers can have other characters blabbing about her change but come on - what piece of the writing has actually shown that? None.

I used to be a Kristen fan but that was a long time ago. I am over her completely.

I said it in an earlier post and I'll repeat it. I understand Kristen should have her bio child. I get that. That doesn't mean as a viewer of this show, I have to like it. Or want to watch it. I'm just happy Kristen is gone for a while - I'd like her to be gone for good, but i can't have nice things on this show.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

I think it’s supposed to be present day 2020. So when the time jump happened Show de-SORASed itself

• LOL 5
  • Love 5

I thought Ciara's outfit was a dress and not apparently a top and skirt. And since it is May, it is time for sandals and not heavy boots. But then again, having a picnic on a park bench is not the best idea. Yeah, your new fiancé can't afford his own place, rent, or anything. You may want to have a long engagement til both of you get jobs, save some money, and get on your feet. And since you don't have much money and weddings cost a lot, who will pay for it? Perhaps you also won't get anyone's blessing or anyone to show up.

Poor Sarah, giving up her baby to Kristen. Nice that she left the carriage and such for Kristen to use. Hopefully the DiMera money will buy her some identification. Legally, the birth certificate would need to be changed, any passport would need to be voided, a new one issued, etc. Plus Brady giving permission for Kristen to take the baby. Ah well it is always what she wanted. Maybe things will change, maybe not and little Rachel will become just like mom.

At least Rex is a friend. And that Xander was willing to walk away.

Nice to see the Kiriakis and Johnson family at Adrienne's gravesite.

• Love 4

Such a dichotomy in the Ben/Ciara scenes versus the Brady/Kristen scenes. Boredom versus rage-inducing. Though I'm sure we were supposed to be overjoyed at Ben/Ciara's scenes and overwhelmed by the pathos and tragedy of Brady/Kristen's scenes. 🙄 The one saving grace of those two couples being in the same episode is the plentiful fast-forwarding opportunities. I, thankfully, only saw about a minute of Ben/Ciara's scenes and fast-forwarded before my eyes rolled down the street and/or I lapsed into a coma. 

Brady seriously must have some kind of mental disorder. They were kind of going there at some point months ago when Brady, maturely, admitted he was addicted to Kristen and it wasn't healthy. They, for some reason, decided to drop that and decided Brady and Kristen were a love story for the ages. I wanted to puke hearing Brady talk about what a great mother Kristen is and how compassionate. I would almost think he truly believed that except a couple of episodes ago he acknowledged that Kristen could potentially hurt Sarah and yet, he's perfectly fine handing his baby over to this "reformed" nutcase.

It's really sad how low this show has sunk that the two "bright" spots of the episode were supposed to be a serial killer getting engaged to the dumb-ass who would happily toss aside her family for him and a remorseless killer getting the baby she's been obsessing over and sharing a happy moment with the dumb-ass who should hate her guts but is describing her like she's a better version of Mother Theresa.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

They were taking a train. Do trains require passports to go into different counties now?

also fake papers are easy to obtain. I’ve known hundreds of illegal aliens. 

If you're an American, yes. I doubt if Kristen is only going to travel by train, and Sarah had to go through customs when she went to London.

• Love 3
(edited)
28 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Such a dichotomy in the Ben/Ciara scenes versus the Brady/Kristen scenes. Boredom versus rage-inducing. Though I'm sure we were supposed to be overjoyed at Ben/Ciara's scenes and overwhelmed by the pathos and tragedy of Brady/Kristen's scenes. 🙄 The one saving grace of those two couples being in the same episode is the plentiful fast-forwarding opportunities. I, thankfully, only saw about a minute of Ben/Ciara's scenes and fast-forwarded before my eyes rolled down the street and/or I lapsed into a coma. 

Brady seriously must have some kind of mental disorder. They were kind of going there at some point months ago when Brady, maturely, admitted he was addicted to Kristen and it wasn't healthy. They, for some reason, decided to drop that and decided Brady and Kristen were a love story for the ages. I wanted to puke hearing Brady talk about what a great mother Kristen is and how compassionate. I would almost think he truly believed that except a couple of episodes ago he acknowledged that Kristen could potentially hurt Sarah and yet, he's perfectly fine handing his baby over to this "reformed" nutcase.

It's really sad how low this show has sunk that the two "bright" spots of the episode were supposed to be a serial killer getting engaged to the dumb-ass who would happily toss aside her family for him and a remorseless killer getting the baby she's been obsessing over and sharing a happy moment with the dumb-ass who should hate her guts but is describing her like she's a better version of Mother Theresa.

Beautiful post, FilmTVgeek80, pretty darn perfect.  I agree about the value of the ff function, it came in especially handy today.

I was wrong, though.  I thought Brady had earned his Doctorate in Bonehead already but I think today was when he actually achieved that status.

First he says, "Now we can go home to Salem, la de da di double durn", as if his lady love isn't on the lam for shiving his dear ol' Grampa Munster.  Then when the mother of THIS child, Predator, reminds him about Tate he looks a mite confused, then says "Tate is in California with Theresa" (Thank God) because that means exactly.....what?  A very thorough tongue bath of Kristen by him followed, complete with "You've changed?" and my favorite, "I've known you've wanted a child for a long time".  Really, Brady?  Did she tell you that when you were the little tyke SHE WAS BABYSITTING?  

So Kristen flaps her batwings and flys off with her latest victim I-mean-baby and Brady, vowing eternal love, prepares to return to Salem where, without a doubt, he'll meet the next love of his live within, say, a week or two, tops?

Kristen is gonna love that child just the way we think she will.....

And what a wonderful live she'll have with her mom, 

giphy.gif

who has changed, right?  Right?

Meanwhile, Ren and Stimpy, back at their love shack talk about their upcoming wedding and prepare to make love

giphy.gif

and Ciara is thinking about the theme of their wedding.....I suggest neckties.

Romance, Salem Style.

I loved Rexy Rex Rex the last time he was around and this time I love him even more.  What a shame Show would ruin him if he returned full time so I hope he doesn't.  Nobody who actually lives in Salem can stay that sane, sensible and kind.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 10
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

I enjoyed Kristen getting her baby back and the Bristen scenes.

Me too.  Kristen has done some unforgivable things but I'm glad she now has Rachel.  Kristen was a very nice character when first introduced who turned to the dark side.  I'm glad she tried (often not successful) to get back to that person again.  You can't turn off your temper or snap your finger and you never do bad things again.  It's a process.  She helped in getting Marlena rescued, she was appreciative of Eric and Nicole when they told her Rachel was alive, she was a great friend to Lani, she wanted to take the blame for stabbing Victor so Brady wouldn't go to jail and she was very understanding and gentle with Sarah.  So she has made progress.  

I was not happy with Stacy's portrayal of Kristen when she first began but she eventually won me over.  She made Kristen her own and in my opinion knocked it out of the park.  If this is her final goodbye I will miss her.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
5 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

If Victor and Stefano can have children, there’s no reason why Kristen can’t either.

Then they should do with her what they did with them--have some random person show up and be her child.  Not make a woman in her late 40s/early 50s pregnant when they acknowledged she was too damn old.  Not have it be a product of a rape.  And in the story of two babies where one dies, don't give the living baby to the psycho who stabbed a man a week ago at the expensive of one of the more decent characters, relatively, on canvas.

That's not satisfying in any way.  Looking at the past year, Sarah might have screwed up but lawdy, it's still nothing compared to what Kristen has done.  And I'm not even talking about Kristen's whole history.  I'm limiting it to the same year long (airtime, not DOOL time) timeframe.

4 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

I remember having to carry it when I was in Europe. It was a while ago and I don't think it was checked on every train but yes, they should have a passport.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11

I took the Eurostar from London to Paris years ago. Maybe the train person checked it on the train, but I recall getting off the train and walking out of Gare du Nord and not having to deal with customs.

• Love 2
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

I took the Eurostar from London to Paris years ago. Maybe the train person checked it on the train, but I recall getting off the train and walking out of Gare du Nord and not having to deal with customs.

I had a flashback and remembered.  When they came around to see your ticket, they'd look at the destination on the ticket.  If it involved a border crossing, they wanted to see a passport at that time.  But unlike airports, there wasn't some sort of customs check. (Although I think I did go through customs once when I was on a train that crossed over into France from Northern Spain.)

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I had a flashback and remembered.  When they came around to see your ticket, they'd look at the destination on the ticket.  If it involved a border crossing, they wanted to see a passport at that time.  But unlike airports, there wasn't some sort of customs check. (Although I think I did go through customs once when I was on a train that crossed over into France from Northern Spain.)

Have been to Paris a few times - either flying from London or taking the train. Never got a French passport stamp.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Have been to Paris a few times - either flying from London or taking the train. Never got a French passport stamp.

As long as you were flying or on a train from within the European Union, you were good.  Passports and duty done where you landed.  Once GB leaves the EU for good, that probably won't be true for the rest of Europe anymore.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Just because people can have children doesn't mean they should be involved in raising them. I don't know their entire histories but I know Victor didn't raise Bo and I don't think Stefano raised most of his kids. I do agree with you that Xander sucks pretty much as much Kristen and neither should be parents.

That's why this leap forward 1 year in the narrative was kind of a bad thing, because it didn't permit us to see Xander do nothing but be kind and supportive towards Sarah during her pregnancy and the delivery of the baby and the baby's first months. As far as we know, Xander really has changed and been nothing but the nice guy doing his job at Titan all that time and being a real Dad/partner...without committing any crimes or participating in a shooting. That's actual progress for him! But we kind of fast forwarded through all of it. Maybe it's just because I feel like Paul Telfer brings a warmth and humor to his performances, but I think parenthood could be good for Xandy. I think having to raise a little girl would really change him, considering he's been very misogynistic in the past.

I realize he's a criminal and has done terrible terrible things, but the sort of Beauty and the Beast / parenthood story between Xander and Sarah has been the highlight of the last year. At least for me.

• Love 10
14 hours ago, hypnotoad said:

Plus the writers are trying to sell some kind of redemption story for Kristen and sorry but what exactly has shown she's changed?!?

Exactly. Hell, they did a better job with Ben and Xander and they barely even tried with them! How can TPTB think they're writing a redemption story for Kristen when all she's done the past 2 years is rape Brady, murder Haley, and try to murder Victor? That's not how redemption works, guys!

• Love 13
33 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Exactly. Hell, they did a better job with Ben and Xander and they barely even tried with them! How can TPTB think they're writing a redemption story for Kristen when all she's done the past 2 years is rape Brady, murder Haley, and try to murder Victor? That's not how redemption works, guys!

Bu..bu..bu...BUT, she cries and wails and over-emotes about babies and especially RACHEL.  Therefore, she's changed.

But has anyone thought that instead of being "saved" by mother love, she just might have discovered a new recipe that calls for baby?  

• LOL 14
  • Love 3

I always took the Eurostar from England to Paris and there is a customs check point for sure

That poor baby. Kristen did not ask one frigging question about the child. Then pawed all over her with Brady. She knows nothing about her needs, likes, food dislikes, follow up CANCER needs ffs

A real baby would have sobbed and reached out for Sarah during the handover

• Love 15
14 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

I think it’s supposed to be present day 2020. So when the time jump happened Show de-SORASed itself

I think I saw 1957 as Adrienne's birthyear. I was surprised they put actual years on it. The show also put 1975 as Stefan's birth year.

• Love 2