Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

On 2/23/2020 at 11:15 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

There's zero point to have Ben not be the NTK they already neutered the drama of the whole thing plus JJ and Eve aren't around for such a reveal and they would be the only two people left in Salem that have any level of disdain towards Ben.

So? The viewers care. It’s obvious since even in daily episode or future spoiler threads we always end up discussing shit that happened in the 90s and 80s. So it stands to reason Ben being the Necktie Killa is going to be replaced w Folgers crystals. 

I actually suspect Eve will be back eventually anyhow. 

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, Sandman said:

And I do not understand how this blackmail scheme is supposed to work. Does Former Father Uncle Eric have so much pull with the DA that he and Sarah can just waltz in to someone's office, all "Ha hoo ha -- jail time, amirite?" Or is he going to give them the Eeyore Sad Sack Face until the entire prison system knuckles under? Is Sarah secretly the boss of everyone? Pop-Up Victor is going to pull every string he can get his bony fingers on just to see if he can get Will out a little bit early, but Sarah's going to make Gabi's little attempted murder charge go poof?

LOL right! But, I mean, it's Salem, where being 'mentally ill' with no follow-up means you can avoid paying for your crimes and where the DA will let you off on serious criminal charges so you'll give the location of a random resident. I'm sure Eric and Sarah will just be like, "Please let Gabi go so she can save our baby," and everyone will comply lol.

This reminded me, I do not look forward to watching Eric and Sarah act smug and morally superior about this. That is Eric's worst look!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I like Gabi as a villain and I think she is more Dimera than Chad and whatever Kristen has become, but I wish they wouldn't take her villainy to such extremes when they know they are not getting rid of her. I don't know how she can come back from trying to kill Julie in front of everyone.

I hope the writers put some kind of life into Eli and Lani. they are so dry. Also, it should take time for Eli to forgive Lani. She not only embarrassed him and broke his heart at their wedding, she did it again at his wedding to Gabi because getting back at Gabi was more important to her than his feelings. He should be super pissed that she let his grandmother go a year with experimental tech in her chest that could have accidentally killed her.

The writing for Will makes him more of a crap father than a noble young man. He remembers what Ari went through when Gabi was in prison yet he knows he can get out but wants to protect Maggie instead? He is ok letting his husband continue to think he killed his mother? And trusting Victor? The same man that was willing to let him rot in prison for years? He can't be this stupid.

Ciara's obsession with all things Ben is not cute or romantic. She looks crazy and they need to get her out of this bubble.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
6 minutes ago, Thatoneshow said:

like Gabi as a villain and I think she is more Dimera than Chad and whatever Kristen has become, but I wish they wouldn't take her villainy to such extremes when they know they are not getting rid of her. I don't know how she can come back from trying to kill Julie in front of everyone.

Have you forgotten?  She's the victim.  She had every right to do that.

7 minutes ago, Thatoneshow said:

The writing for Will makes him more of a crap father than a noble young man. He remembers what Ari went through when Gabi was in prison yet he knows he can get out but wants to protect Maggie instead?

Does he actually know that he can get out?  Does he have proof?  Proof that would meet the level of reopening this case?  How much longer does he have to go?  Even with proof the wheels of something like that take a while.

• Love 3

During every scene with Gabi handcuffed to that chair in the conference room (the "prison cell" set is already in use, lol), I think how much more awful it must be bartering for your life like that while dressed in an off-the-shoulder mini dress. Pretty hard to summon up the gravitas dressed like that, lol. 

Anyway, I also thought Suzanne did a wonderful job with her "awakening" to the awful fact that she was responsible for Adrienne's death, AND that her closest confidantes have kept it from her. I could feel her terror as she slowly remembered and clutched the blanket. I had anxiety just watching her. These acting jobs aren't for sissies in this case.

Edited by Lastwaltz
edited a word
  • Love 8
21 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Does he actually know that he can get out?  Does he have proof?  Proof that would meet the level of reopening this case?  How much longer does he have to go?  Even with proof the wheels of something like that take a while.

This is the only thing saving this part of Will's story for me. I'm infuriated at his current characterization, which is probably the most obvious example of plot over character in Ron's tenure at Days, but he legit can't get out of prison by going around and telling people he's innocent because his cousin told him so. Don't get me wrong, his reasons for not coming forward absolutely suck, paired with him apparently trusting the man he knows is the reason he's even in prison in the first place! 🤬

Short of what happened yesterday, with Maggie recalling that fateful night, he'd need something that could result in the investigation (if there ever was one since he confessed that same night) being reopened. There's no way Victor didn't have Maggie's car either destroyed or fully repaired (no doubt by an unofficial mechanic, so no paper trail or repair record) after that night, as well, so they'd likely need to try and find evidence of a car going in the ditch in one exact area - and good luck trying to match that to a specific car at a specific time. I'm just glad it appears to nearly be over, let's get this latest round of stupidity over and done with.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

And that's fine. I know Gabi has her fans for various reasons, but at this point, I know I'll probably never be one of them. As ridiculous as the booby-trapped heart thing is, she did it and it's part of her history like all the crappy things other characters have done. She tried to blow up a woman's heart and is now using a dying baby as a shield, which I find gross, soap or not. 

I get where you're coming from.  I didn't actually like Gabi when she was pregnant.  Her being a manipulative drama queen at the time was very off-putting.  Acting like she was in grave danger of losing the baby because she was dehydrated and her over the top "panic" that somehow having a paternity test - which, as Sami pointed out, was only a blood test - would somehow harm her baby were both reasons I didn't like her.  I really think they WERE trying to get her to deny Will his rights to the baby.  Maybe it was her realizing that it was Nick manipulating her that made me start to thaw towards her.  Now, it seems, I've become more willing to overlook her faults.  I think Camilla's growth as an actor is the main reason she's grown on me. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

I think Camilla's growth as an actor is the main reason she's grown on me. 

She's really come a long way with her acting ability.  I first saw her when she did a short stint on One Life to Live and she was absolutely dreadful.  Camilla Banus has put in the work and it shows.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, boes said:

She's really come a long way with her acting ability.  I first saw her when she did a short stint on One Life to Live and she was absolutely dreadful.  Camilla Banus has put in the work and it shows.

Yes @boes! Even her first stint on Days was lackluster -- then she came back with tons of spirit and her talent, ready to take no prisoners. I remember the very first scene with her in it when she came back -- it was at Doug's place (whatever it was back then, probably the coffee shop) and she dove into a meal and slurped it all up with a vengeance. I made note of it then because it was very unselfconscious, which I took as evidence that she'd taken learning her craft super seriously and was ready for some action on set. And she certainly was! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, boes said:

Camilla Banus has put in the work and it shows.

I think that's why, I'm still TeamGabi--she has done terribly, horrible criminal actions and yet I still feel sorry for her and want things to turn out well for her.  Of course it doesn't hurt that Gabi has gone after characters I'm not overly fond of--Princess Abs and Lani were all targets of Gabi's revenge because they ruined her life and they thought they got away with their actions simply because they apologized to her.  Gabi showed them that they were wrong,

Now on today's episode, we got the treat of Lani talking about how she tried to make peace with her life-while she was plotting revenge.  Both are complete loads of crap because Lani didn't plot anything, it was Kristen and JJ who did all of the heavy-lifting with the revenge plot and wasn't Lani supposed to be seriously becoming a nun?  How does her plotting revenge the whole time compute with that?  Once again the writers are trying to make Lani tougher then she actually is.

I don't care that Gabi's holding her bone marrow hostage, I think she's brilliantly diabolical and I hope it works.  Now if this was happening to characters I like, then I'd be upset too but Sarah and Eric are entitled in their own right and I kind of like that Gabi isn't instantly rolling over for them simply because they demand it.

Good for Maggie for not taking Xander and Victor at their word and working through her own memories to get to the truth.

• Love 11
13 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

What is with the water in Salem. 90% of the people are evil and/or dumb as a post. I know it's a soap staple for eavesdropping and plots getting overheard but it makes Xander and Victor look moronic that this is like the second, third (maybe more time) they've been discussing this sensitive "must take to our graves" super secret at normal volume in the middle of the living room, knowing full well other people are home.

And Victor and Xander are such assholes. Xander with his flippant comment about Sonny and him just getting over Will. And, Victor, with warmth oozing all over (sarcasm alert) claiming to love Sonny, but eh, he's got to protect Maggie.

I really hope Arianna ends up being an example of nurture over nature because she is seriously fucked with Will and Gabi's genes. Will is one of my faves but I wanted to THROTTLE him today. He's basically putting Maggie's needs over his daughter's. Sure, Victor gave him some vague promise about getting him out sooner. But what does that even mean, especially since we still don't know long Will's sentence even was. And then Will fucking shook Victor's hand?! WTF! And then telling Ben he can't tell Maggie because he promised Victor and shook on it? Seriously?! And what does Will plan on doing when he gets out because let's say Victor does get him out without telling Maggie what happened does Will plan on continuing to lie to Sonny and everyone that he killed Adrienne? How does he expect to reconcile with Sonny if he still thinks Will killed his mother? Does he plan on telling Sonny and trying to swear him to secrecy?

And before Ben came on, Will was holding the divorce papers and said something about not needing to hold on to them. Was he planning on going through with the divorce just to spare Maggie pain? It's crappy of him not to be really thinking of Arianna. He mentioned her to Victor once, but he should be wanting to get out right now considering he knows what's going on with Gabi. It's ENRAGING that he wants to be more pro-active about getting his would-be murderer out than himself.

And where we supposed to be touched by Ben and Will's concern for each other? "Let's talk about you getting out." "No, let's talk about you getting out." SHUT UP, Carlivati! This "friendship" is gross!

God, Gabi is such a sociopath. She goes from crocodile tears asking Sonny what's wrong with her to on a dime flipping a switch and coldly telling Eric and Sarah that she doesn't care about what they need to do they better get her out or their sick baby dies. She was so cold and remorseless and I just wanted to strangle her. Let's put her and Ben in a jail cell and hand him a necktie, please.

Also, she was so dumb being antagonistic to the DA. Sure, she has Eric and Sarah over a barrel as they're trying to save their baby's life, but the ultimately what happens is the DA's call. She shouldn't be telling him to stick his very generous plea deal when she's going to need him to sign off on any deal to get her out. I guess she's banking on him being more human than her and not being willing to let a baby die no matter how much attitude she throws around.

I noticed Eric and Sara's attitude when they came into the room.  They came in demanding her bone marrow without so much as inquiring about her situation.  Just like the Hortons came in demanding Stefan's heart without so much as a how are you.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I think that's why, I'm still TeamGabi--she has done terribly, horrible criminal actions and yet I still feel sorry for her and want things to turn out well for her.  Of course it doesn't hurt that Gabi has gone after characters I'm not overly fond of--Princess Abs and Lani were all targets of Gabi's revenge because they ruined her life and they thought they got away with their actions simply because they apologized to her.  Gabi showed them that they were wrong,

Now on today's episode, we got the treat of Lani talking about how she tried to make peace with her life-while she was plotting revenge.  Both are complete loads of crap because Lani didn't plot anything, it was Kristen and JJ who did all of the heavy-lifting with the revenge plot and wasn't Lani supposed to be seriously becoming a nun?  How does her plotting revenge the whole time compute with that?  Once again the writers are trying to make Lani tougher then she actually is.

I don't care that Gabi's holding her bone marrow hostage, I think she's brilliantly diabolical and I hope it works.  Now if this was happening to characters I like, then I'd be upset too but Sarah and Eric are entitled in their own right and I kind of like that Gabi isn't instantly rolling over for them simply because they demand it.

Good for Maggie for not taking Xander and Victor at their word and working through her own memories to get to the truth.

Damn, but Suzanne brought it today.  This is why they should involve the vets in stories that aren't them just being background for the younger characters.  Just because they are older doesn't mean they shouldn't have a life or be involved in plots.  And I'm NOT talking some stupid grade school plot to break up a marriage (looking at you Gina and Stevano.)  Not every plot has to be some love triangle or revenge plot.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, bobcat1946 said:

noticed Eric and Sara's attitude when they came into the room.  They came in demanding her bone marrow without so much as inquiring about her situation.  Just like the Hortons came in demanding Stefan's heart without so much as a how are you.

I was thinking the same thing. Why do all the Horton just assume that Gabi is somehow obligated to offer up everything for their needs even after they treat her like dirt. Actually listening to Julie screaming like a banshee at her, I would have pressed the button myself. Julie’ affections blow toward whatever she wants with little regard for others.

What Gabi really needs is a good lawyer. Everyone keeps telling her how doomed she is without suggesting any alternatives, even her brother. Ted would get her off. Too bad he’s gone, but surely there’s some other clever lawyer around the town. 
She would never have been talking a deal with the DA directly. Deals are made between lawyers, but we haven’t seen Gabi meeting with any lawyer. 
BTW has she been sitting handcuffed to that same chair, wearing the same clothes for the last two weeks?

• Love 10
6 hours ago, Thatoneshow said:

I like Gabi as a villain and I think she is more Dimera than Chad and whatever Kristen has become, but I wish they wouldn't take her villainy to such extremes when they know they are not getting rid of her. I don't know how she can come back from trying to kill Julie in front of everyone.

I hope the writers put some kind of life into Eli and Lani. they are so dry. Also, it should take time for Eli to forgive Lani. She not only embarrassed him and broke his heart at their wedding, she did it again at his wedding to Gabi because getting back at Gabi was more important to her than his feelings. He should be super pissed that she let his grandmother go a year with experimental tech in her chest that could have accidentally killed her.

The writing for Will makes him more of a crap father than a noble young man. He remembers what Ari went through when Gabi was in prison yet he knows he can get out but wants to protect Maggie instead? He is ok letting his husband continue to think he killed his mother? And trusting Victor? The same man that was willing to let him rot in prison for years? He can't be this stupid.

Ciara's obsession with all things Ben is not cute or romantic. She looks crazy and they need to get her out of this bubble.

Chad can not be a dimera even if he wanted to because he is henpecked by Abigail,.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
28 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

If whoever is doing the background check on Evan is so concerned that he contact them immediately, wouldn't they call him?

LOL right. We're really supposed to believe child services (or whatever) has concerns about Rafe's live-in nanny but they just keep sending him mail and not calling him? In 2020? Come on now!

I wish LG would have found another facial expression to use during her confrontation with Gabi because the one she chose and kept using was not great lol.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

So? The viewers care. It’s obvious since even in daily episode or future spoiler threads we always end up discussing shit that happened in the 90s and 80s. So it stands to reason Ben being the Necktie Killa is going to be replaced w Folgers crystals. 

I actually suspect Eve will be back eventually anyhow. 

Well 

Spoiler

Eve will return later this year you are correct I hope its not to absolve Ben though. 

Viewers care about a lot of things doesn't mean the writers give it to us.

I mean I remember Cin fans mentioning how they didn't want it retconned because it gave Ben Depth etc and now that its treated as an afterthought by the writers now they want there to be a retcon? 

What's the point when you treated this as an afterthought in the first place any retcon of this has no dramatic impact whatsoever.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Barton88 said:

BTW has she been sitting handcuffed to that same chair, wearing the same clothes for the last two weeks?

That's the thing that's so wonky with this show.  It is clearly (at least) the next day and yet Gabi is still sitting in the same chair.  That would be a civil rights violation anywhere else in the country but apparently not in Salem?  And somehow, the DA has already met with some lawyer Gabi hasn't even seen and worked out a plea deal?  Did he work overnight?

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, bobcat1946 said:

I noticed Eric and Sara's attitude when they came into the room.  They came in demanding her bone marrow without so much as inquiring about her situation.  Just like the Hortons came in demanding Stefan's heart without so much as a how are you.

Why exactly would they care about her situation? She just tried to kill a family member of theirs. And they didn't come in demanding it. I think they assumed she'd willingly go through with the procedure since she voluntarily had her bone marrow tested. Why have your bone marrow tested if you aren't willing to go through with the procedure in case you're a match?

• Love 7
3 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Well 

Reveal spoiler

Eve will return later this year you are correct I hope its not to absolve Ben though. 

Viewers care about a lot of things doesn't mean the writers give it to us.

I mean I remember Cin fans mentioning how they didn't want it retconned because it gave Ben Depth etc and now that its treated as an afterthought by the writers now they want there to be a retcon? 

What's the point when you treated this as an afterthought in the first place any retcon of this has no dramatic impact whatsoever.

They need this jag off exonerated for when they make him a cop. Also it will ensure the entire town giving him ass pats.

• Love 1

Paraphrasing here: If the DA doesn't take the deal, her death will be on their heads not mine. 

Sorry, little Mickey I hope your parents love you enough to get me out of this.

Every day I think there's no way Gabi's inhumane selfishness could possibly get worse and then it somehow does. It is almost breathtaking how she can't take responsibility for anything. She's come up with this blackmail idea, but if the DA (who she gave major attitude to) doesn't go for it, Mickey's death will be on him. Then she puts it on Eric and Sarah needing to love their daughter enough to get it done for her evil ass. I think Sarah showed monumental restraint in only once trying to kick her ass. If it had been me, I would have snatched her bald-headed.

As much as I loathe her, I hoped that in her solo scene we'd get some sense that she felt some guilt for doing this, or some sign she wouldn't really condemn a baby to die, but no, she really would do it. I really shouldn't be surprised she'd use a child as a shield because she constantly does it with her own daughter. She whines and complains how she has to spare her daughter the pain of losing her again and how her daughter can't go through having a second parent in jail. Where was all this fucking concern when she was coming up with her plan and keeping it going for over a year? Has she ever gotten away with anything? How did she seriously expect to get away with this forever? But now others should have sympathy for her because a situation she caused has come to bite her in the ass? I don't care how good an actress CB is - for me she's okay, I've seen better - the character is just repellant. 

Now Suzanne Rogers on the other hand was brilliant, today. I loved the various emotions she went through, especially knowing Victor and Xander well enough, and not just taking them at their word and working through it herself. Her collapse at the end was really sad.

I'm really not someone squeamish about foul language. I'm fine with it. I don't think words like "bitch" and "whore" not to be removed from everyone's vocabulary. Lord knows, I certainly think Gabi is a bitch but I think there were three or four uses of the phrase "bitch" today and it's a bit excessive. Come one writers, there are plenty of other insults people can throw around. Does RC think he's writing for Dynasty?

• Love 9

I wonder if Gabi was wearing sweats with her short dress - we never saw her legs or saw her get up from the chair. Yes, she is being unbelievable selfish. But she is also desperate and desperate people do desperate things. Was Sarah right to lunge at her? Probably not. See desperate above. No, it is not up to Sarah and Eric to get her off the charges - she needs a good lawyer. The App designer could easily say that the App is useless and doesn't work and also do a demo to show that clicking on it does absolutely nothing.

In the words of 90 Day Fiance's Larissa, shut uppee both to Julie and Valerie. Eli is a grown man who is probably in his mid to late 30s. He can't still have feelings for Gabi after what she did to harpy Julie? And he is just going to dump her and two seconds later go back to Lani because they approve of Lani? Lani did a lot of things to Eli, too. And other people. Eli, please choose yourself for a while.

Abe, you have every right to question your daughter and her actions in all this. Running away, pretending to be a nun and using that as an excuse for her actions and revenge - only she let JJ and Kristen do the work for her. And no, getting back with Eli will not fix this for a time.

Did feel sorry for Maggie as she realized what she thinks she has done. The vets do bring it a lot more than the newbies.

Evan, don't be so stupid to throw the letters away. If Rafe hasn't heard back from the background check folks, he can call and they can scan and email him a PDF of the letter. Mailing costs are not cheap and we used to send 'letters' by email all the time. And why do you want Sonny so bad? Who are you calling to let know that you need help?

• Love 4

Why exactly would they care about her situation? She just tried to kill a family member of theirs.

Well I suppose they should care about her situation because they want something from her? Just a wild guess. And since they found her at the jail or DA's office handcuffed to a chair, I'd hope one of the brainiacs may have noticed her situation might not be optimal. Again just a wild guess.

Also since Gabi is currently the most horrible evil in Salem (HAHAHAHAHAHA), then I assume she isn't the type to just hand over her marrow to virtual strangers. Being tested doesn't ensure anything when one is as evil and awful as Gabi. Ben is a saint, Kristen is now ... whatever she is and Gabi is the evul!

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, Lastwaltz said:

Whoa, Suzanne brought the house down today. Her agonized cries -- my heart. And neither of those lugs who claim to care about her rushed to hold and console her as her world collapsed? 

Those scenes were the whole show for me today.  She was just magnificent.  I'm looking forward to seeing her in this storyline, though the storyline itself is a tough one.  Amidst all the utter nonsense of apps and personality transplants, a 300 year old woman having a miracle baby, Brady walking around without a brain, Will becoming head cheerleader for his personal serial killer, Sonny dating the runner-up serial killer, etc., Show is giving us this little gem.  

Maggie said something today that makes me think there was more at work than Summer and a bottle of vodka, when Maggie said she had no memory of ever taking a drink......Hmmm....

So, lunkheads, maybe it's not such a great idea to get mad at your daughter's only potential bone marrow donor and start throwing insults around?  Who do you think you are, Chad and Abigail?  Sarah getting so mad about Gabi almost blowing up Julie seemed a little over the top.  I mean, does anyone in Salem REALLY like her all that much?  Really?  I guess anything's possible.

All I know is that the second that squawking gasbag sat her big behind down and started telling Eli where he should dock his penis I was wishing that app was operational.  Eli, here's a tip - if you're taking tips from your mom and your grandma on your sex life, you've got WAY bigger problems than your bizarre taste in women.  WAY bigger problems.

Instead of having that pacemaker able to kill Julie, Gabi should have just had a setting that made Julie start dancing at inappropriate times.

giphy.gif

That's something the whole town could have enjoyed.

• LOL 10
  • Love 7

Who’s apartment was Lani in? I thought it was JJ’s from the kitchen but then the entryway was different. Also, with all the cast exists of the men are they being replaced by new studs or is the show just going to go stud free? I’m sure they’d save a lot of money by bringing in cheaper actors to fill up the holes. 

14 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Who’s apartment was Lani in? I thought it was JJ’s from the kitchen but then the entryway was different. Also, with all the cast exists of the men are they being replaced by new studs or is the show just going to go stud free? I’m sure they’d save a lot of money by bringing in cheaper actors to fill up the holes. 

She was on the phone thanking JJ for letting her stay in his apartment.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Why exactly would they care about her situation? She just tried to kill a family member of theirs. And they didn't come in demanding it. I think they assumed she'd willingly go through with the procedure since she voluntarily had her bone marrow tested. Why have your bone marrow tested if you aren't willing to go through with the procedure in case you're a match?

It really isn't up to Gabi if she can donate--she's in custody now and Sarah and Eric need to think about the logistics of how this operation could take place.  According to the DA, Gabi's going to be spending the next ten years of her life in prison, no chance of parole, so how exactly is she going to be able to donate her bone marrow?  I don't think the prison system just lets prisoners out to go to the hospital for procedures and Gabi's in custody right now.  Wouldn't Sarah and Eric have to go to the courts and petition them to release Gabi?  

• Love 4
9 hours ago, boes said:

Instead of having that pacemaker able to kill Julie, Gabi should have just had a setting that made Julie start dancing at inappropriate times.

giphy.gif

Okay now you're having me flash back to a particularly low point in Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman's final season where the villain dwelling in his mother's basement created a machine capable of doing just that. It forced everyone at the Daily Planet listening to the radio to start dancing like buffoons to some nondescript funky song with the lyrics "a-heva, a-hova, a-heva-heva-hova". LOL. So cringeworthy. Maybe Rolfe can create a dimensional portal capable of sending Julie to that very moment, so she can live out the rest of her life twisting and bopping with Perry White and Jimmy Olsen.

I also picked up on the line of dialogue about Maggie not remembering taking a drink. If all of this is a prelude to Summer being responsible for Maggie's accident, I'm going to need a detailed diagram and a full computer simulation of exactly what the hell happened on that stupid highway because it's just become so convoluted I can't even mentally break it down. So Will drove himself off the road, but somehow thought he was responsible for hitting Adrienne's car? But in reality Maggie hit Adrienne's car but Summer was driving the car with a drugged Maggie in the seat next to her? And then she managed to get out of the car and escape without anybody noticing her, like Will or Xander, or the police seeing her footprints on the snowy ground or fingerprints on the steering wheel, even though she has a long rap sheet?

I thought Sarah came off terribly screeching at Gabi and lunging at her. As a doctor who probably has to deal with difficult patients all the time, wouldn't the better tact be calmly reassuring Gabi that they can speak to the DA on her behalf? When someone holds the key to your baby's salvation in their hands, wouldn't you want them to like you? Also I find it weird that the show is pretending Gabi is the only bone marrow match on planet Earth. I realize most people don't get tested for this, but wouldn't there be some reserve of bone marrow frozen on ice somewhere? I mean this is the infant baby of one of the hospital's own doctors. I would think the hospital would pull out all the stops to find a match who isn't currently in handcuffs at the police department. And where is Kayla in all of this? Doesn't she basically do everything at the hospital, even though that's entirely unrealistic? And Valerie is also in town. I would think they could be folded into this story somehow to find a better match. But whatever. I want Gabi out of those handcuffs and back in the real world and getting some therapy from Marlena and spending time with her daughter and maybe getting back at Victor for throwing Will under the bus. But of course she's just going to end up going straight back to DiMera and acting crazy. Fun.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 10
12 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

She's come up with this blackmail idea, but if the DA (who she gave major attitude to) doesn't go for it, Mickey's death will be on him. Then she puts it on Eric and Sarah needing to love their daughter enough to get it done for her evil ass.

What worries me more is why she thinks Eric and Sarah have any power to do anything about this (as I say). I'm not sure Ron understands what "leverage" actually means. People are making choices all over the place because they're being manipulated; but the manipulations never seem to be based on anything, and they just go along with it -- to borrow the words of the song, they're not victims, they're volunteers!

Then again, this is a world where the personalities of the deceased can be downloaded into the living -- and people can go on living when every single one of their internal organs has been harvested for donation. Why am I looking for sense?

Edited to add: I would not have been opposed to Gabi's having an iSamba app on her phone! ("Dance, fool, dance!")

Edited by Sandman
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

She was on the phone thanking JJ for letting her stay in his apartment.

I guess they changed or downsized the set. The door is now on the right and I think the twirly steps are gone, too. I always think it's funny when the soaps totally change a set and no one says anything. GH did the same thing to one of their larger iconic sets.

7 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I guess they changed or downsized the set. The door is now on the right and I think the twirly steps are gone, too. I always think it's funny when the soaps totally change a set and no one says anything. GH did the same thing to one of their larger iconic sets.

It's a different set, completely.  You're thinking of the apartment where the Scooby gang lived, where JJ ended up living with Hailey.  This is a different apartment alltogether.

• Love 2
On 2/25/2020 at 6:18 AM, DisneyBoy said:

It is gross, but she's such a good actress and used to be very rootable character...so hopefully we get to see that again. I do get why you wouldn't be able to overlook this stuff though.

...on this show, though... name one character who hasn't done hateful illegal stuff...

Short list.

Baby David.  Although... his DNA WAS at the murder scene of his mother.....

• LOL 5
11 hours ago, boes said:

Those scenes were the whole show for me today.  She was just magnificent.  I'm looking forward to seeing her in this storyline, though the storyline itself is a tough one.  Amidst all the utter nonsense of apps and personality transplants, a 300 year old woman having a miracle baby, Brady walking around without a brain, Will becoming head cheerleader for his personal serial killer, Sonny dating the runner-up serial killer, etc., Show is giving us this little gem.  

Maggie said something today that makes me think there was more at work than Summer and a bottle of vodka, when Maggie said she had no memory of ever taking a drink......Hmmm....

So, lunkheads, maybe it's not such a great idea to get mad at your daughter's only potential bone marrow donor and start throwing insults around?  Who do you think you are, Chad and Abigail?  Sarah getting so mad about Gabi almost blowing up Julie seemed a little over the top.  I mean, does anyone in Salem REALLY like her all that much?  Really?  I guess anything's possible.

All I know is that the second that squawking gasbag sat her big behind down and started telling Eli where he should dock his penis I was wishing that app was operational.  Eli, here's a tip - if you're taking tips from your mom and your grandma on your sex life, you've got WAY bigger problems than your bizarre taste in women.  WAY bigger problems.

giphy.gif

I LOVE this idea - for several of the residents!  Imagine the fun possibilities!  Who wouldn't want to see Rafe spontaneously break out in wild dancing?  Lani could FINALLY be entertaining.

2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Okay now you're having me flash back to a particularly low point in Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman's final season where the villain dwelling in his mother's basement created a machine capable of doing just that. It forced everyone at the Daily Planet listening to the radio to start dancing like buffoons to some nondescript funky song with the lyrics "a-heva, a-hova, a-heva-heva-hova". LOL. So cringeworthy. Maybe Rolfe can create a dimensional portal capable of sending Julie to that very moment, so she can live out the rest of her life twisting and bopping with Perry White and Jimmy Olsen.

I also picked up on the line of dialogue about Maggie not remembering taking a drink. If all of this is a prelude to Summer being responsible for Maggie's accident, I'm going to need a detailed diagram and a full computer simulation of exactly what the hell happened on that stupid highway because it's just become so convoluted I can't even mentally break it down. So Will drove himself off the road, but somehow thought he was responsible for hitting Adrienne's car? But in reality Maggie hit Adrienne's car but Summer was driving the car with a drugged Maggie in the seat next to her? And then she managed to get out of the car and escape without anybody noticing her, like Will or Xander, or the police seeing her footprints on the snowy ground or fingerprints on the steering wheel, even though she has a long rap sheet?

I thought Sarah came off terribly screeching at Gabi and lunging at her. As a doctor who probably has to deal with difficult patients all the time, wouldn't the better tact be calmly reassuring Gabi that they can speak to the DA on her behalf? When someone holds the key to your baby's salvation in their hands, wouldn't you want them to like you? Also I find it weird that the show is pretending Gabi is the only bone marrow match on planet Earth. I realize most people don't get tested for this, but wouldn't there be some reserve of bone marrow frozen on ice somewhere? I mean this is the infant baby of one of the hospital's own doctors. I would think the hospital would pull out all the stops to find a match who isn't currently in handcuffs at the police department. And where is Kayla in all of this? Doesn't she basically do everything at the hospital, even though that's entirely unrealistic? And Valerie is also in town. I would think they could be folded into this story somehow to find a better match. But whatever. I want Gabi out of those handcuffs and back in the real world and getting some therapy from Marlena and spending time with her daughter and maybe getting back at Victor for throwing Will under the bus. But of course she's just going to end up going straight back to DiMera and acting crazy. Fun.

Disney Boy, no one hit anyone else's car.  A car (presumably Maggie's) veered over the center line causing Adrienne to swerve and go off the road.  The police weren't aware of Maggie also going off the road because Victor took care of it.  They wouldn't have been looking for footprints or fingerprints on Maggie's car because no one knew she was there. They all assumed the other car drove off - leaving no evidence.

I also believed they mentioned in passing that they checked with the registry and there was no match on file.   I know, the likelihood of only ONE person in the entire country being a match for a child who's blood type isn't particularly rare is next to impossible but again, this IS Salem.

• Love 4

I'm team Wilson these days.  Yes, it's noble of Will to stay in prison but he made it clear to Victor that it's a limited-time stay.  Victor needs to move heaven and earth to get him out.  

Now, of course, Maggie will march herself down to the police station and confess.  So, OBE. Bless Suzanne Rogers... I see the Emmy clip now for her 'remembering' moment. Hopefully she'll tell her daughter before she does it.

JUST yesterday I realized Gabi's wedding dress is actually wedding dress material.  All 1.3 yards of it -- but still, that's wedding dress material. These details matter!

Ciara/Ben - They are SOOOO Romeo/Juliet-ing these two.  How many more 'torn apart lovers' scene will they give us?   Is there a pool?  We should have a pool. Also, Ciara, you were JUST told your Mom has a chip in her head and thinks she's Princess Gina.  At LEAST be shown talking to Shawn before publicly declaring that you will devote 100% of your time to save Ben.  Find out for sure your Mom is 'stable' and THEN become Nancy Drew.

Leverage options:
Eric is a Brady.  In theory Hope is the Commissioner, his father is a former commissioner, his mother/stepdad are good buddies with the Mayor.  There's some pull with Eric's family.  He just needs to do an ollie-ollie-in-come-free to any Brady currently on the DOOL payroll and not being controlled by a Dr. Rolfe experiment. 
Sarah is a Horton.  She calls Julie and gets her to drop any complaint that is within Julie's power.  Now THAT will be a fun scene to watch Julie swallow.  Unfortunately, that won't help on the very-public attempted murder charge.  That shit has to be on YouTube by now.  Even if all the wedding guests don't turn over their phone, Rafe was there.  He's an officer of the law.  Still... with DiMera lawyers, they might get it down to attempted aggravated assault and blame temporary insanity.  If Gabi hadn't done jail time, she'd get off.  But with her past history, the other angle could be that the State "owes her one" as she did time for a crime she didn't commit.  
BTW: In real life - NOT A CHANCE.  This is soap-law.

ETA: Reason Gabi is a match?  Soap-science. 

Edited by SueB
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
19 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

I also believed they mentioned in passing that they checked with the registry and there was no match on file.   I know, the likelihood of only ONE person in the entire country being a match for a child who's blood type isn't particularly rare is next to impossible but again, this IS Salem.

Remember on OLTL when they discovered that Tina's son was her son because he had the extremely rare blood type of G?  Soap operas and science, never the twain shall meet.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
On 2/24/2020 at 10:08 PM, DisneyBoy said:

...and isn't Police Commissioner Hope Brady currently under the influence of a chip in her brain? Couldn't they have concocted some kind of pseudo scientific evidence to suggest that Gabi is also out of her mind because of a chip? Hope is definitely going to be using that defense...why not Gabi too? It would certainly explain why she would do something so reckless in the middle of the Town Square.

Because they would actually be able to produce a chip?

On 2/24/2020 at 10:08 PM, DisneyBoy said:

I continue to love John Aniston and Victor.

I've always loved Victor.  Even when I've hated him.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

It really isn't up to Gabi if she can donate--she's in custody now and Sarah and Eric need to think about the logistics of how this operation could take place.  According to the DA, Gabi's going to be spending the next ten years of her life in prison, no chance of parole, so how exactly is she going to be able to donate her bone marrow?  I don't think the prison system just lets prisoners out to go to the hospital for procedures and Gabi's in custody right now.  Wouldn't Sarah and Eric have to go to the courts and petition them to release Gabi?  

Some hospitals like Bellevue in NYC have a separate prison ward, but inmates can be admitted to the hospital in many areas.  When my dad was in the hospital, there was an inmate on his floor with a sheriff's officer guarding the door.  Gabi could donate her bone marrow with a police escort at the hospital before being taken off to prison.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
28 minutes ago, SueB said:

Eric is a Brady.  In theory Hope is the Commissioner, his father is a former commissioner, his mother/stepdad are good buddies with the Mayor. 

No one is Eric's family is currently in a position of any real power, in other words. Now, this being Salem, the Mayor probably has some sort of oversight power in the correctional system ... 

• Love 3

So in today's episode we got to see Chad gloating to Gabi that he's won and she's lost which is so pleasant to watch.  Shouldn't the alleged good guys actually be more gracious in victory?  I guess Princess Abs' smugness has completely infected Chad--good to know.

The Maggie and Sonny scenes were the entire show today--Sonny's raw and emotional response to Maggie's tearful confession was everything and Xander and Victor's guilty stoic silence just added to Sonny's pain and Maggie's misery.  Damn good work by all four actors.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, boes said:

It's a different set, completely.  You're thinking of the apartment where the Scooby gang lived, where JJ ended up living with Hailey.  This is a different apartment alltogether.

Totally.didn't.know.that. Also, you can't ever go wrong using a Scooby-Doo reference. LOL!!!

• LOL 3

When Sarah and Adrienne were hit in their car they were discombobulated and stunned but awake and Adrienne assured Sarah she was okay. But when she was up and about collapsed. She probably had some internal organ damage or brain injury. Sometimes people like that can be ambulatory or seem or feel okay then collapse and die after.

Maggie saying she didn’t even remember drinking the alcohol is pinging me. Is it possible she drank some water and it was roofied? She had a total memory black out for a long time. Also under a roofie it’s possible to be let to a car or location. I feel like Summer did this and hit Sarah’s car so she could kill Sarah and get her liver and as well take revenge on Maggie, not only costing her her favored child but her freedom and sanity too. Far fetched AF but “Welcome to Days” 😂 

Of course, JJ just left Lani his apartment and I’m sure the rent is paid up for months. And I’m sure she’s not even on the lease, but it’s cool. Are we sure she’s not a Horton? 

I’m tired of her saying “bitch” and “whore” 5x an episode. It been months and as bad as Victor. 

I’m pretty sure even if Gabi is arrested she has consent. But her donating or saving Mickey, as kind and necessary as it is has nothing to do w Julie and Lani. I think even w her threatening publicly it’s hard to prove since wouldn’t it be a cyber crime? Like what if others have passwords to the app or maintenance of it? They’d have to show the times her phone was logged on w IP proof and if anything happened during that. And if Lani really felt Julie could die she could have followed the blackmail demands but also alerted the authorities and medical personnel since she’s claiming she wanted to kill her. 

• Love 8

About 70% of patients who need a bone marrow donation don't have a suitable match in their family. But their chances of being able to find at minimum a suitable match through the national donor program (which I'm registered with) are excellent - very few don't match with someone there.

So yeah, Gabi being the one and only person who can save this baby is unlikely. But it's also entirely unsurprising and realistic for the switched-baby storyline that the match is someone who's not related.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

So in today's episode we got to see Chad gloating to Gabi that he's won and she's lost which is so pleasant to watch.  Shouldn't the alleged good guys actually be more gracious in victory?  I guess Princess Abs' smugness has completely infected Chad--good to know.

The Maggie and Sonny scenes were the entire show today--Sonny's raw and emotional response to Maggie's tearful confession was everything and Xander and Victor's guilty stoic silence just added to Sonny's pain and Maggie's misery.  Damn good work by all four actors.

ITA about the Maggie/Sonny scenes.  Suzanne Rogers is breaking my heart with her pain and distress, and Freddie Smith(who's acting I don't usually enjoy) has been terrific, both in these scenes & the ones with Gabi.  Xander looked appropriately guilt-ridden & Victor looked mad about the whole situation.  Really emotional scenes. 

• Love 7

Ugh, Lani and Eli are boring!

I used to like Chad.

Wanna bet that even after all of this, Sonny will continue to live in the Kiriakis mansion and sponge off of Uncle Vic instead, of, y'know, getting a job and finding his own place to live?

"I don't give a damn about ethics", says the doctor.

"Kayla looked deep in my eyes." Well, eye.

Did Stefano drug Chad's drink?

• LOL 2
  • Love 5