Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

Watch Heather when she's selling on TV.  She's very careful with her words.  She's really kind in her message.  And she emphasizes comfort.  Now, I've NEVER heard Bethenny actually say anything about being skinny as an ideal or ultimate goal.  It's the Skinny Girl name & pic, which to me implies that message loud & clear.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Giselle said:

I can't help but think that in time Bethany's tongue will be as vicious with Bryn as it is with everyone else. In some form or fashion Bethany's tongue will lash at her.

I'm thinking that Brynn will have the same relationship with Bethy that Bethy has with Bernadette.

• Love 11

Here's the thing - I didn't find the how-much-time to spend with the parents conflict unusual. Most people say the first year of marriage is the toughest and I think that goes double as many now marry later in life - some feel the freedom to make their own decisions just vanishes. Now add a newborn and television cameras into the mix and you're basically screwed. I don't know many couples who don't argue over respective in-laws. You have to fight this stuff out. I think it might have made a difference if B trusted a strong female figure (like Jill!) to hash it out with as well. Whether it be a 'this is what marriage is' convo or a 'husbands are stupid' bitchfest...idk - something to keep her moving forward rather than walking out of a marriage so quickly.   

Bravo reran a wedding special last week (of course out of 10 weddings I believe 8 were divorced?) and B just looked so much warmer, happier, and tolerable. I watched RHNJ last night (let me recap it for you: scary botox & nonsensical screaming) and I feel like Theresa and Bethenny are so similar in that they're the HWs who fame changed the most. I think it took longer with Bethenny (and I'm sure she'd love the comparison to T), but I don't think it was prison or alcoholism or divorce that altered their personalities. 

• Love 3

One thing about Bethenny is she has admitted she has been incredibly lucky.  Luck and hard work took her a very long way.  Maybe because coming up she saw the off screen personality of Martha Stewart or heard of public people with private demons she just thought it she would break the mold by showing it all.  Reality TV was the perfect venue for her.  Has her success increased she just seemed to always want to keep a fair amount of attention on the negative without regard for perhaps the public not really being interested.  If she wants to talk about her emotional divorce (it wasn't about money according to Bethenny but emotions) then she should be prepared for the blowback. 

Coupled with her drive was an immense need to control.  I don't really think Bethenny thought Jason was not a good father, I think it had far more to do with her wanting to move to LA for her talk show.  Jason looked pretty content visiting LA, I just don't think he was on board with moving out there.  Twice in their marriage there was a temporary relocation to LA-once for Skating with the Stars and the second time was for her six week trial run of her talk show.   There were also some other changes in Bethenny, when she was with Jason it was all about Montauk, instead of the stuffier South Hampton, when it came time for her to buy, it wasn't Montauk it was the more prestigious South Hampton.

Where I soured on Bethenny is she believes everything she does needs to be about bringing awareness and of course the stupid book to follow and press tour.

I can't take Bethenny seriously when one minute she is the "I give zero fucks" and the next minute breaks into tears over some minor life reality.  It is okay to mean to others, demean them call them names, and then how dare so and so question my integrity or fire back.   I get she saw what a success Martha Stewart is and tries very hard to follow her to her own tune, but at some point she needs to dial it back.  She can be successful on her own, without having to crush Martha or be deemed an equal.  If she wants respect she needs to learn first how to give it.

When Bethenny is high on a guy, he can do no wrong, Jason was perfect and unassuming and just everything. She in fact used Jason to take a swipe at Jill, saying he didn't like her because she was too materialistic.  Of course married Dennis is perfect because he is successful and rich and a goo family who is ready to marry her at the drop of a hat.  On what planet did she think it appropriate to say to Dorinda on camera no less, that she felt like Dorinda was trying to sell John?  I believe sometimes Bethenny starts stuff just to show off her arguing skills and always assumes she comes out on top and doesn't even consider the collateral damage. 

When it comes to her daughter, her daughter will always love her in spite of who she is or what she becomes, Bethenny could make that path a little easier by idling for awhile instead of always being on full blast.  Most people would give anything to have a big pile of money in the bank and spend time with their family and friends.  Instead with Bethenny and I don't know if she sees them as challenges or must dos she continues to put herself in incredibly stressful and unflattering decisions and trying to dig her way out and show the world she defeated all who were against her.  There is a price to be paid.  After two seasons it has become exhausting. 

• Love 20

I don't like any Housewife that thinks their time on the show is a blood sport. Bravo is not a coliseum where the fight is to the death.  A heated fight can be good entertainment but it sometimes needs to be tempered with a, "oops, you were probably right, I'm sorry" or "now that I've calmed down, I see that you had a point, I'm sorry" or "I just don't like you and its sort of a bitch eating crackers thing but I'll try not to out you with the most destructive thing I can think of next time, sorry, truce?" or the classic and my personal favorite "lets both apologize for being drunk assholes and move this storyline along because its become a bore"

• Love 14

If folks think it is too bad that Bryn is going to have to read shit about her father, how do they think she is going to feel reading so much shit about her mother?

I think strangers criticizing the awful things your mother has publicly done is not even close to reading your mother's openly expressed contempt for the man who made half of you.  Bethenny has already damaged her child, just by doing that. (Which leads me to doubt she's much of a mother -- b/c that kind of unowned, untreated rage does not get neatly compartmentalized out, it always ends up being dumped on a child  -- but that's another story.)

Edited by film noire
  • Love 15

Pretty sure she's just gonna tell Bryn that her actions on the show were "her job" & "a performance" & that everyone who critiques her is a "hater" and "doesn't understand."

to be completely honest, that's what I'd do, if it were me.  (to be honest:  if it were me I'd get fired after about an hour "get rid of the one hiding under the table!!")

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Almost 3000 said:

"Ellen DeGeneres said to me, 'You will keep repeating the same mistakes until you actually learn the lesson,' which I think is true," Frankel recently told Business Insider.

I...can't argue with that? Maybe B should just stick to that one Maya Angelou quote. 

@lunastartron I upvoted your post but I had to look up opprobrium first! 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, chick binewski said:

I...can't argue with that? Maybe B should just stick to that one Maya Angelou quote. 

@lunastartron I upvoted your post but I had to look up opprobrium first! 

Ha! That one quote was why I posted and now you say its not even DeGeneres but Angelou. Glad B's always right...

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Almost 3000 said:

Ha! That one quote was why I posted and now you say its not even DeGeneres but Angelou. Glad B's always right...

The Maya quote I was referring to (only in my own head, clearly!) is the one Oprah used to quote a bit - "When someone shows you who they are, believe them". B pulls this one a lot. Sorry I wasn't clear!

OK, I'm going to say something nice about B. I think she may have shared the obsession some of us had with the grey/cream decor combo that's been done to death. The wallpaper she had in the apartment with Jason - that grey & cream vaguely floral print? I think she may have used it in her Hamptons house as well? Want. (Well, maybe this was something nice about her decorator, but still.)

• Love 2

Bethenny has posted at least one photo on social media of Bryn, it's a photo of her doing yoga with Bethenny. That's tame compared to her more underhanded ways of exploiting her kid with the Daily Mail photo ops. There have been at least two maybe three of B using Bryn as a photo prop. There Beth is with her daughter sharing ices totally unaware of the cameras though B is shown gazing lovingly at said cameras (similar creepy camera love gazing was on display with her lover Dennis in the diamond as big as the Ritz photos ). She's not the only celebrity to do this. When you see a photo of aceleb and there kid or kids in a tabloid in a casual shot of them at the park playing or otherwise looking all warm and fuzzy it was more than likely prearranged by the celeb and the photographers/tabloid. The rag or the photographer gets a call telling them if they go to this spot at this time this person will be there with his or her kids. Photographers then take seemingly unposed photos that the celeb parent was unaware were being taken. Celeb gets good publicity mileage out of the photos showing them all cuddly with their kids but not blatantly posing with them which would of course be exploitive and wrong so they work around it to the benefit of all. Except the kids. Celebs often do this if they've had a bad patch of publicity or are going through a divorce and want public sympathy in their favor. Katie Holmes did this a great deal during her divorce from Tom Cruise. One sweet photo after another of Katie and Siri bonding, seemingly oblivious to the photogs trailing  them.

There was of course the disturbing pj photo in which she exploited Brynn without having her in the photo. She claimed it was at Brynn's insistence that she pulled the stunt to begin with. 

I believe B would have her daughter on the show if Jason would allow it and her public relations people don't discourage it. Maybe some of her rage against Jason is because he won't allow it. She really should have gone to a sperm clinic. She wouldn't have gotten her tv wedding but she'd have total control of her offspring. I thought her snarling about THEM during her fibroid dramatics was one of her lousier displays. She can't seem to accept that her daughter is part THEM, ok that's her father and her grandparents they share a gene pool. She's got some of Bernadette's genes to. She's not her motger's clone. I also think the thing she and Carole did at last years reunion where Carole claimed to have witnessed bad behavior on Jadon's part via the telephone was lousy. This was just a means for B to stick it to her daughter's father without getting her fingerprints on the knife.

Who knows what will be going on in ten years. Maybe B and Jason will have made peace and are able to parent Brynn together and this will be all water under the bridge. As for what has the potential to be more distressing to Brynn stuff her mother says in the media and the show about Jason or comments from trolls and "haters". I don't think there's any real contest there. Stuff B says or said about her father will be more painful. The other stuff can be explained away by people getting to caught up in the pro wrestling/soap opera that is/was Real Housewives. 

There are of course unstable people  on the Internet. There are also these things called trolls on the Internet and trolls love comment sections. As far as all the hate and emotion people on these shows can stir up that comes with the dinner. The casts of these shows do them voluntarily and are financially compensated. And no matter what humiliations are heaped upon them they seem to largely cling to staying onboard. Aviva, Kelly, Jill all want back on. Luann will swallow her pride to keep that apple and that paycheck. Ramona will continue to be productions dancing monkey. Unlike some of the others Bethenny doesn't need the paycheck but she needs the cameras on her. Not in my imo to sell skinny girl . I think Skinny Girl is her excuse for being on the show. She could live a quiet low key comfortable life raising her child but she has chosen otherwise. 

• Love 14

Bethy famously said when she's done with someone she's done. I think that is part of her rage at Jason and his parents. They've served their purpose as far as she's concerned, sperm donor and co-stars on her canceled show, they need to fade away now. She has new co-stars, Kevin the driver, the new Julie assistant, Carole., etc

• Love 11

I remember Bethy's fake laugh from her show. It wasn't any more believable than her fake crying. The only emotion she consistently and believably expresses is anger/rage. 

Bethy has money, she always has, even when she was "broke" or "homeless". She'd probably be wise to squirrel some of current paychecks into savings as the Skinnygirl/ Housewives gravy train isn't going to last forever or probably even another 10 years.

i'm sure Bernadette was a doozy of a mother and of course Beth isn't obligated to have a relationship with her mother. Some people are toxic and are best avoided. But as with Jason and her in laws Beth has a public platform they do not have specifically a tv show and a radio show to talk about them. Bernadette has talked to the press and she has a right to defend herself against her daughter's accusations. But Beth has been shaping this narrative for years now, using the various outlets she has access to that her mother doesn't.

Boohoo big meanies on the Internet say mean things about Bethy. That's never happened to a celebrity before. Oh, the humanity! The big blue meanies must be stopped! Fan girls go to your battle stations! Madame Curie er uhm Bethy needs you to make the world safe for low calorie chocolates.

• Love 11

Honestly, I don’t blame Bethenny for fighting Jason on the prenup.  If, prior to marriage (or if it was revised after marriage, I honestly don't remember, but either way), I had made an agreement with my spouse about how to distribute the assets in the event that the marriage ends, I'd expect it to be honored.  I can see fighting about certain things, say for example, a lottery ticket hit and we won $100 Million, then I'd expect that to be split, and it wouldn't be a situation that I'd imagine would be covered in a prenup.  But, B's business WAS.  Jason didn't like it and wanted more, which he had previously agreed he wasn't entitled to.  He knew the deal upfront, and then later tried to change the terms, and it's just not how things work.  I'd have fought that too, because it had already been settled and he wasn't entitled to more.

• Love 7
35 minutes ago, smores said:

Honestly, I don’t blame Bethenny for fighting Jason on the prenup.  If, prior to marriage (or if it was revised after marriage, I honestly don't remember, but either way), I had made an agreement with my spouse about how to distribute the assets in the event that the marriage ends, I'd expect it to be honored.  I can see fighting about certain things, say for example, a lottery ticket hit and we won $100 Million, then I'd expect that to be split, and it wouldn't be a situation that I'd imagine would be covered in a prenup.  But, B's business WAS.  Jason didn't like it and wanted more, which he had previously agreed he wasn't entitled to.  He knew the deal upfront, and then later tried to change the terms, and it's just not how things work.  I'd have fought that too, because it had already been settled and he wasn't entitled to more.

Except that we don't know what Jason asked for. Maybe it was that Bethenny didn't want to honor the prenup/agreement. We just don't know because of the gag order and I doubt we ever will.

• Love 7

Well, if you look at this article:

http://www.eonline.com/news/750805/bethenny-frankel-no-longer-has-to-pay-ex-jason-hoppy-nearly-12-000-a-month-in-spousal-support

It seems he went after spousal support despite the prenup saying that he wasn't entitled to it, which the court later found.  And, funnily enough, people trash B for basically referring to Jason as a leech, but if I had to pay someone money like that each month that they'd already agreed ahead of time they weren't entitled to and never went after, yeah, I'd be resentful and would have pretty choice words for them.

While searching for that, I also found this article:

http://www.people.com/article/bethenny-frankel-jason-hoppy-custody-battle-court-daughter-bryn

Pay particular attention to the part where it says "I'm sorry you have to go with mommy"  That's a straight dick move.  And emotionally manipulative.  

• Love 5
5 hours ago, WireWrap said:

First, spousal support is pretty automatic from what I understand when there is a big gap between spousal incomes. We have no way to know if Jason requested it because those documents are sealed.

Second, that "quote" was made by Bethenny and not by Jason, so once again, we have not heard 1 word against Bethenny from Jason since they separated, not 1 word. Jason has never given his side of this to anyone in the press, we can not say the same about Bethenny though can we?!?! She uses the media to get sympathy from the public/viewers, she has a PR team on top of her legal team helping her spin everything and no matter how low she went, he never said anything nasty/negative about her in the press. Was/is Jason perfect, No but he never came across as vindictive, even after she ended their marriage, again, that can not be said of Bethenny at all.

From what I've read, in NY - and everywhere else - Spousal Support is not automatic. 40 years ago it might have been, but not anymore. One party has to request it and the judge makes a determination. He agreed in the prenup not to ask for Spousal Support, and then he did. According to this article, he was disappointed in the recent ruling saying that he wasn't entitled to it. 

http://www.sheknows.com/entertainment/articles/1117235/bethenny-frankel-no-longer-has-to-pay-spousal-suport-to-jason-hoppy

The thing that I always thought a dick move was him not getting out of the apartment. No way that was a good dynamic for Bryn. Wasn't Beth running the business out of that apartment? The business that was generating the revenue he wanted to get his hands on? One of the things I read early on was that a judge ruled that neither party could record the other because Jason was secretly recording Beths employees while living there. He is probably a very good father and it seems like he adores his daughter, but it just sounds like he was trying to be as disruptive as possible during the entire process. 

• Love 8

I think Jason pretty much did become a leech.  Once the marriage was over, he was trying to get any payday he could, in any way he could.  Despite initially trying to be the guy who had a job and contributed himself, and signed paperwork agreeing that IF things went bad, he waived spousal support, etc, and not contributing a DIME towards the apartment, suddenly he is filing to collect the very money he waived.  And he won't vacate the apartment he did not pay for.  At All.  And yet, B was legally required to pay the upkeep on it, after he made it untenable for her to live there (seriously? the judge had to say no secretly recording people?).  

Child support is one thing, and that absolutely would be determined by income, and should be something he'd be paid if their custody arrangement requires it, etc.  If B complained about that, I'd be the first in line to crucify her for it.  But I will not trash her for begrudging someone money they AGREED upfront to turn down.  In writing.  And, I'd be pissed as all hell to have to pay the monthly bills for an apartment that I couldn't live in because of that same person.  Leech would be the very kindest thing I'd have to say about them.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

From what I've read, in NY - and everywhere else - Spousal Support is not automatic. 40 years ago it might have been, but not anymore. One party has to request it and the judge makes a determination. He agreed in the prenup not to ask for Spousal Support, and then he did. According to this article, he was disappointed in the recent ruling saying that he wasn't entitled to it. 

http://www.sheknows.com/entertainment/articles/1117235/bethenny-frankel-no-longer-has-to-pay-spousal-suport-to-jason-hoppy

The thing that I always thought a dick move was him not getting out of the apartment. No way that was a good dynamic for Bryn. Wasn't Beth running the business out of that apartment? The business that was generating the revenue he wanted to get his hands on? One of the things I read early on was that a judge ruled that neither party could record the other because Jason was secretly recording Beths employees while living there. He is probably a very good father and it seems like he adores his daughter, but it just sounds like he was trying to be as disruptive as possible during the entire process. 

Unfortunately, not leaving the residence is one of the weird tactic here in New York. A friend of mine went thru a very ugly divorce and was told to stay put for appearances.

As you can imagine, it gets crazy and stressful real quick.

I agree that Jason is not entitled to spousal support as the marriage ended rather fast.

On the other hand, if Beth had settle earlier, it would have been better for both her wallet and her mental health, imo.

• Love 6
39 minutes ago, smores said:

I think Jason pretty much did become a leech.  Once the marriage was over, he was trying to get any payday he could, in any way he could.  Despite initially trying to be the guy who had a job and contributed himself, and signed paperwork agreeing that IF things went bad, he waived spousal support, etc, and not contributing a DIME towards the apartment, suddenly he is filing to collect the very money he waived.  And he won't vacate the apartment he did not pay for.  At All.  And yet, B was legally required to pay the upkeep on it, after he made it untenable for her to live there (seriously? the judge had to say no secretly recording people?).  

Child support is one thing, and that absolutely would be determined by income, and should be something he'd be paid if their custody arrangement requires it, etc.  If B complained about that, I'd be the first in line to crucify her for it.  But I will not trash her for begrudging someone money they AGREED upfront to turn down.  In writing.  And, I'd be pissed as all hell to have to pay the monthly bills for an apartment that I couldn't live in because of that same person.  Leech would be the very kindest thing I'd have to say about them.

Jason gave up a lot when they got married, his apartment, his job...pretty much everything to accommodate Bethenny's needs but some how that has now morphed into him being a leech? Why is that we encourage women in similar situations to get spousal support, the family home, ect but not men when the roles are reversed and the wife is the larger wage earner? That apartment was the family residence and he is entitled to a percentage of its net worth and the prenup was changed after they married but before Jason left his job because Bethenny wanted him working for her.

• Love 20

Jason gave up a lot when they got married, his apartment, his job...pretty much everything to accommodate Bethenny's needs but some how that has now morphed into him being a leech?

Jason never gave up his job and there is nothing to indicate he gave up his apartment.  We have no idea of the settlement offers made or not made or refused by Jason.  We do know that he filed for support and vacation money.  We do know that he asked to delay the court date for a forensic accounting report.  In addition, the court calendar for divorces in NYC is insane.  Like you wait 6-12 months each time you are heard (not custody, just $$).

Edited by QuinnM
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, smores said:

When Bethenny filed for divorce she asked for sole custody, child support, spousal support, health insurance and life insurance on Jason.  She did not ask that he vacate the family home. I am quite certain those terms were outside the pre-nup.  So Bethenny is guilty of asking Jason for support, something she had agreed to waive.

Because of back log and appeals the temporary orders went on for a very long time.  The upside Bryn lived half the time in the only home she really knew.  So Bethenny providing a home for her daughter should be seen as a plus.  I find it absurd to think two people divorcing should live under the same roof.  It is not as if it were some huge mansion where they could live in separate wings. 

I see it this way, when one party decides to end the marriage, short of being physically abused by the other and they are in the superior financial position, I believe they should try and transition with the least amount of acrimony as possible.  Had she not pushed for a very public custody hearing, for which she had zero grounds to ask for sole custody, or not arranged photo shoots in the home in the midst of a divorce, or continued to have her staff work out of the marital home (something Jason objected to), then I could see the outrage.  This was a poorly thought out divorce filing.  She was essentially asking Jason to disappear from his child's life.

The temporary support ended and the child support increased.  Bethenny's monthly income is $250,000.00, Jason's is $8,000.00. 

It seems to me every time Bethenny needs attention she wants to discuss the divorce these days.  How about letting it go?  There may come a time when the parents need to be involved in the raising of the child and it should not involve People Magazine, US Weekly or attorneys. 

• Love 15

The divorce is final and now they should let it go: stop saying anything even remotely negative about the other, and no eye rolls or heavy sighing at all in front of the kid or anywhere she could read it or hear about it. Bethenny should ignore Jason's hostile stares, and deliver her kid to the kid's dad in a civil and polite way, make 30 seconds of cheerful conversation, wish her baby girl a wonderful time with her dad, and just ignore everything else. He should do the same.  

If Beth is worried that the environment between the two of them is hostile, then she should not do anything to contribute to the hostility.  Same for Jason. 

• Love 10
51 minutes ago, Jel said:

The divorce is final and now they should let it go: stop saying anything even remotely negative about the other, and no eye rolls or heavy sighing at all in front of the kid or anywhere she could read it or hear about it. Bethenny should ignore Jason's hostile stares, and deliver her kid to the kid's dad in a civil and polite way, make 30 seconds of cheerful conversation, wish her baby girl a wonderful time with her dad, and just ignore everything else. He should do the same.  

If Beth is worried that the environment between the two of them is hostile, then she should not do anything to contribute to the hostility.  Same for Jason. 

Bethenny and Jason don't exchange the child-Bethenny sends her assistant.  Smart move.  Some people are just better off without the face to face.  I would think it would be quite simple, one party takes the child to school the other picks the child up from school.  I am quite certain Bryn has plenty of clothes and toys at each parent's home. 

• Love 9

Bethenny and Jason don't exchange the child-Bethenny sends her assistant.  Smart move. 

You know one of the biggest dick moves by Jason during the pre-custody hearings was the school pickup.  He would be photographed sprinting ahead of Bethenny, picking up Brynn and walking to Bethenny's car and putting Brynn in the car set and then walking away.  So it was not his day and yet there he was with his favorite pap in tow.  And of course the pap caught it all.  It lasted for about a week until the 'emergency custody hearing'.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, QuinnM said:

You know one of the biggest dick moves by Jason during the pre-custody hearings was the school pickup.  He would be photographed sprinting ahead of Bethenny, picking up Brynn and walking to Bethenny's car and putting Brynn in the car set and then walking away.  So it was not his day and yet there he was with his favorite pap in tow.  And of course the pap caught it all.  It lasted for about a week until the 'emergency custody hearing'.

So, a 'dick move' is trying to be there for your kid - ahead of a mother who's fuckery, twattery and inability to keep from losing her shit on camera (#FUCKWHOREDOLLSLUT) is defensible?

I am glad that Methenny can separate her 'screaming gangsta/crack whore screaming/filthy mouthed harridan' personality from her 'mom of the year' persona?

-------------

I see Howard Dean and Beffy can tell if people are on cocaine, the DEA needs to figure out how to refine that ability and get their agents trained in that area?

Edited by ElDosEquis
  • Love 7

Tons of posts have gone poof. We've come to the point where I have to spell it out.

Please please please stop trying to "win" an argument. There are no winners or losers. Everyone gets to think whatever they want to think. No one is right and no one is wrong. State your opinion and move on. Stop trying to change people's minds. 

• Love 2

So it was not his day and yet there he was with his favorite pap in tow.

Maybe Bryn asked that her dad be there when she got out of school. Bethany's "I'm sorry you have to go with mommy" (so self-serving, btw) would indicate the child was probably having difficulties with her parents' separation.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

When Bethenny filed for divorce she asked for sole custody, child support, spousal support, health insurance and life insurance on Jason.  

Asking for financial support from the partner who makes significantly less is a very hostile thing to do -- sends a message that you mean all out war, and he better lawyer up hard and fast. 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 16

If Jason gets a pass for saying "I'm sorry, you have to go with mommy" because Brynn asked to stay with him (which is total speculation), then why would the answer to her asking him to pick her up from school on B's day be "No, I can't, today is mommy's day?"  And then not show up because it's not his day?  

And, as the kid who grew up with divorced parents, words matter.  You don't tell the kid "I'm sorry, you have to go with mommy"  You say something along the  lines of "It's time to go to mommy's house now! You'll get to play with your x!" (x being whatever you know the child particularly likes at that house)  The other parent has to make it ok for the kid to be with opposite parent when it's time to switch.  And, like school drop off, "Mommy's picking you up today, but I will pick you up on Friday and then we'll do y"  No need to add emotion or anything else.

• Love 4

If Jason gets a pass for saying "I'm sorry, you have to go with mommy" because Brynn asked to stay with him (which is total speculation),...

Bethany is the one who said it (according to WireWrap).

• Love 6

No, Jason said it.  At least according to Bethenny.  Which of course makes it a lie, lol.

I hadn't heard about Jason showing up at at Bryn's school on days that weren't his just to shepherd her to Bethenny's car.  That's so low, causing your child distress like that just so you can have that one minute with her ... while simultaneously and conveniently getting a little chance to irritate her mother. Very selfish and passive aggressive.  Jason is such an ass. 

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

No, Jason said it.  At least according to Bethenny.  Which of course makes it a lie, lol.

I hadn't heard about Jason showing up at at Bryn's school on days that weren't his just to shepherd her to Bethenny's car.  That's so low, causing your child distress like that just so you can have that one minute with her ... while simultaneously and conveniently getting a little chance to irritate her mother. Very selfish and passive aggressive.  Jason is such an ass. 

That is the problem, we know that Bethenny is prone to exaggeration, to the point of lying in order to make herself sympathetic, so this isn't trustworthy IMO. As for Jason showing up at Bryn's school, we have no idea why he did it other than it was before joint custody was ordered so it is just as possible that Bethenny was trying to keep Bryn away from him........you know, like she did when she tried to get sole then primary custody of their daughter.

• Love 13
11 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

That is the problem, we know that Bethenny is prone to exaggeration, to the point of lying in order to make herself sympathetic, so this isn't trustworthy IMO. As for Jason showing up at Bryn's school, we have no idea why he did it other than it was before joint custody was ordered so it is just as possible that Bethenny was trying to keep Bryn away from him........you know, like she did when she tried to get sole then primary custody of their daughter.

Maybe it was a day with a recital, or other type of event with parents in attendance.  Could have been Daddy Day.  Worse it could have been Grandparents Day.  If Brandi can stomach having to sit near Eddie and LeAnn during the kids' events-these two knuckleheads should be able to do the same.

I would find bethenny's woe is me stories far more compelling if she didn't exaggerate all the time.  I am still waiting for the explanation of why she threw water on Jason when he is sleeping.  She said she did it, but I think the why is more important.

• Love 14
7 hours ago, smores said:

I think Jason pretty much did become a leech.  Once the marriage was over, he was trying to get any payday he could, in any way he could.  

Maybe he did. I don't know and I don't think it's Bethy's place to tell me, and others, that he is, in her opinion, a leech.

That's one of them thar loaded words that, imho, would be best left out of their very public arena.

(I hope it wasn't "leech" posts that went poof. Sorry if so. Wasn't here for dustup.)

• Love 6
On 9/28/2016 at 9:14 AM, WireWrap said:

Jason gave up a lot when they got married, his apartment, his job...pretty much everything to accommodate Bethenny's needs but some how that has now morphed into him being a leech? Why is that we encourage women in similar situations to get spousal support, the family home, ect but not men when the roles are reversed and the wife is the larger wage earner? That apartment was the family residence and he is entitled to a percentage of its net worth and the prenup was changed after they married but before Jason left his job because Bethenny wanted him working for her.

YES.  What a double standard we seem to have when the wealthy one in the marriage is the woman.  How much did having to be on a reality show create issues in his career?  He likely had to give up quite a bit to be her costar on that show.  We don't ever seem to bat an eye when a woman challenges a prenup, stays in the apartment, demands spousal support.

• Love 16

Well, sasha206, I suppose the sophisticated feminist positioning of #zerofucks and going into an all-out seizing of custody is beyond you and me, because ICAM with your post.  Same for daring to wonder whether Bethany 'Lost at sea, orphaned, just a breast lift' Frankel is prone to exaggeration - it's so pro-Jason and anti-woman to even dare to post that. 

I just tried to regain some squandered brain cells and watched Frontline's 'The Choice' last night.  In a world where ther'e's a Hillary Rodham, bad-ass Watergate committee member straight outta Yale Law, it's to fucking laugh and laugh and laugh that this petty, venal, skinny-celebrant is a totem of anything positive and woman-related.  #zerofucks

• Love 8
16 hours ago, sasha206 said:

YES.  What a double standard we seem to have when the wealthy one in the marriage is the woman.  How much did having to be on a reality show create issues in his career?  He likely had to give up quite a bit to be her costar on that show.  We don't ever seem to bat an eye when a woman challenges a prenup, stays in the apartment, demands spousal support.

In the state of New York, it is now customary to get maintenance (aka alimony) for half the time the marriage lasted.

So in this instance, since they were together for two years, it would have been only one year.

Times are changing and as far as I know only Massachusetts still has old fashioned alimony laws.

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

In the state of New York, it is now customary to get maintenance (aka alimony) for half the time the marriage lasted.

So in this instance, since they were together for two years, it would have been only one year.

Times are changing and as far as I know only Massachusetts still has old fashioned alimony laws.

Technically Bethenny and Jason were married 76 months and Jason received spousal support for 36 months.  Granted they were only married before the divorce filing for 34 months, and lived together for another 12 months after the filing.

• Love 3

I'm not sure why sexism is being read into the opinion that Jason asked for too much money and property.  

Expecting him to adhere to the prenuptial agreement he and Bethenny both signed which waived spousal support has nothing to do with his sex.  Nor does the idea that he made too much of a claim to other money and property.  The marriage was of extremely short duration and there were substantial factual issues about how that property was paid for and what use it was put to.  Seeing him as over-reaching given those circumstances has nothing to do with him being a man. 

If people were in one thread arguing Jason is a leech and then in another thread insisting that a similarly-situated housewife was entitled to tons of money and property, then maybe claims of sexism would be fitting.  But I don't see that happening.  

The assertion that Jason is the victim of a sexist double standard seems entirely baseless to me.  

• Love 5
On 9/28/2016 at 0:22 PM, Celia Rubenstein said:

I always thought Jason was an ass.  I take that back.  I thought he was ok until we saw more of him. Then  I thought he was a passive aggressive asshole.  I recall them fighting on one of her spinoffs at the helicopter where she essentially said she was tired of everyone thinking she was the bad guy and he was the nice one because when the cameras weren't there he wasn't the same person.  Not verbatim but the jist (its been years). 

For those that are saying if Jason were a woman no one would be calling them a leech for asking for ongoing support.  Personally I think any man/woman who was a working adult prior to the relationship, a real estate owning adult, should not get support except for child support if warranted.  Marriage should not, in my opinion, be a gateway to wealth.  

• Love 5

Bethenny's radio show got the ax. Apparently, the radio show was supposed to be on a brief hiatus, but then was cancelled after Bethenny threw a drink and had a tantrum at the Coldplay concert. 

• Love 12
16 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Bethenny's radio show got the ax. Apparently, the radio show was supposed to be on a brief hiatus, but then was cancelled after Bethenny threw a drink and had a tantrum at the Coldplay concert. 

http://pagesix.com/2016/10/01/siriusxm-canned-bethenny-frankels-show-after-meltdown/

I just checked her twitter and not a peep about it! LOL Maybe she and Andy really are fighting! I hope her loosing the radio show doesn't mean she will be back next season...................:o

• Love 9

OK, so the Frankelstein monster fucked up her Sirius gig-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3817860/Bethenny-Frankel-s-radio-axed-threw-tantrum-sticky-drink-guests-Coldplay-concert-Hamptons.html

I bet she thinks she can treat Satan Andy & Bravo any way she wants & they'll still come after her & throw millions at her no matter what.  Idk about that.  Sirius wouldn't put up with her evil monster act.  Doubt Bravo would either.  I think watching the self-destruction of the Frankelstein monster will be as enjoyable as watching Trump self-destruct.

• Love 8

Alrighty then, so from the NY Post Page Six piece, we find out she really pissed off the wrong person -- and one with very, very, very influential ties that go way, way, way past & over the head of Satan Andy.  Well, even if her "feud" with him is total bullshit, there ain't anything Satan Andy could do to help her out with this.

"We’re told one woman, whose white dress was drenched, left in disgust and later complained to Sirius bosses. Sources told Page Six another woman who was rudely splashed was Lisa ­Pevaroff-Cohn, the wife of Goldman bigwig Gary Cohn."

So this is what happened-

"Frankel announced three days later, on Aug. 10, that her weekly show, which started in May on Andy Cohen’s channel, was taking a summer break and she’d be back in full force in September. Except she didn’t come back at all."

And this is the PR bullshit spin-

"Sirius insisted Frankel’s behavior had nothing to do with its severing ties with her. “When we announced ‘B Real with Bethenny’ . . . back in April, it was as a limited-run weekly series. We often work with hosts [on] limited-run series to develop . . . with the hope they can lead a daily show . . . That requires a great time commitment from the hosts. Bethenny is busy with Bravo and other projects, and we were unsure whether, in the long run, we could get enough of her time for a five-day-a-week show,” a spokesman said."

Translation?  The Frankelstein monster screwed herself outta the Sirius gig by acting like an arrogant asshole/pig in public.  Keep it up, Bethenny & screw yourself up with Bravo too.  Please, please, please . . .

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 9

That might be true or not however Andy said on his radio show that it was a short contract and that he was hoping that Beth would come back.

He also said that knowing her, she was probably coming out with her own radio station, skinny girl radio.

I think that IF she was not renewed, it was caused by poor ratings, not by ruining some exec's wife dress. lol. 

This story sounds so corny...

• Love 6