Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Sun-Bun said:

Maybe she likes it that way. Or maybe she's so insufferable that she has to mostly pay folks to hang with her outside of work.

I think its that she likes to control her associations and now that she's in the position to do so she doesn't have to play nice. I'm wondering if she'll treat Tinsley like Kelly B because of past snubs or if TM still has enough social clout to earn a bit of B's respect. TM living with Sonja brings up a few questions...

• Love 3
On 11/25/2016 at 6:04 PM, zoeysmom said:

By virtue of the fact she is suing the attorney it does solve the controversy over whether Jason was required to pay back the maintenance fees on the apartment as part of the settlement.  You can't dip twice.  So I don't know how rough it was on Jason-he is not the one taking legal action-it is Bethenny and the married guy.

Suing the attorney doesn't prove Jason didn't have to reimburse Bethenny for the apartment maintenance fees. Her remedy to recoup that particular cost involves demanding compensation from Jason and Jason only because he is the party who got the benefit of those expenditures. He doesn't get a free ride with the lawyer having to pay his bills, even if the lawyer messed up. That's not how it works. 

But the remedy for her losses that resulted from being forced to fight it out in court IS to pursue the lawyers who screwed things up. That is why she is suing them for breach of contract, fraud and notary misconduct .... essentially  it appears she wants compensation for her time, costs, legal fees, and probably punitive damages for the general fraud and malfeasance involved. But she can't ask them to repay what she spent on the apartment.  The fact that the court took so long to make a ruling about the trust and Jason got a free ride during that time is not their fault. That's Jason's bill to pay. 

I'm not sure what the final figure ended up being, but I'm sure it took a nice chunk out of whatever settlement he got.  Hmmm, maybe he should sue his own lawyers for giving him what turned out to clearly be some pretty shitty legal advice, lol just kidding ... I put what happened to Jason 100% on his own greedy little shoulders. I would bet that his attorney took one look at what he had done with these trust papers and advised him to not push it but he did anyway.  And he knows where he is today is entirely his own fault. And that's why he is so bitter and angry and lashing out.

Sure sucks to be Jason Hoppy.

• Love 2
On 11/26/2016 at 1:11 PM, Celia Rubenstein said:

Suing the attorney doesn't prove Jason didn't have to reimburse Bethenny for the apartment maintenance fees. Her remedy to recoup that particular cost involves demanding compensation from Jason and Jason only because he is the party who got the benefit of those expenditures. He doesn't get a free ride with the lawyer having to pay his bills, even if the lawyer messed up. That's not how it works. 

But the remedy for her losses that resulted from being forced to fight it out in court IS to pursue the lawyers who screwed things up. That is why she is suing them for breach of contract, fraud and notary misconduct .... essentially  it appears she wants compensation for her time, costs, legal fees, and probably punitive damages for the general fraud and malfeasance involved. But she can't ask them to repay what she spent on the apartment.  The fact that the court took so long to make a ruling about the trust and Jason got a free ride during that time is not their fault. That's Jason's bill to pay. 

I'm not sure what the final figure ended up being, but I'm sure it took a nice chunk out of whatever settlement he got.  Hmmm, maybe he should sue his own lawyers for giving him what turned out to clearly be some pretty shitty legal advice, lol just kidding ... I put what happened to Jason 100% on his own greedy little shoulders. I would bet that his attorney took one look at what he had done with these trust papers and advised him to not push it but he did anyway.  And he knows where he is today is entirely his own fault. And that's why he is so bitter and angry and lashing out.

Sure sucks to be Jason Hoppy.

My point is you cannot collect twice for the same costs.  If Jason reimbursed through the property settlement the monthly maintenance fees, then Bethenny cannot ask the attorney to pay the same.  If she is suing for attorneys fees to fight the validity of the trust that is another. 

It is not that hard to figure out the maintenance fees were rounding up were around $12,000 a month.  Bethenny vacated the family home about a year after filing for divorce in January 2013, so that would mean there would be 30 months @ $12,000 or $360,000.00.  

There was no mention of punitive damages.   Gosh maybe next month she will sue the child's grandma.  It is not as if Bethenny's daughter didn't benefit from living in the home. 

Why did Bethenny ever sign the papers if that was not her intent to have the home as part of a trust?  It just seems strange to sign and then say -gotcha-they weren't legally notarized.

Bethenny can do whatever she wants to those in her life-it just doesn't seem to make sense to keep all the negativity going when she is trying to sell product.   

Jason keeps himself out of the public eye so I really don't care what he does.  I am thinking it is a lot better being Jason Hoppy than Mr. Bethenny Frankel.

• Love 6

Why did Bethenny ever sign the papers if that was not her intent to have the home as part of a trust? 

The court filing said that she asked for the trust to insure that if anything happened to her that Jason and Bryn could remain in residence.  The fact that the document gave Jason part ownership was not the intent.  So her side said misrepresentation from all parties, fraud on the part of the attorney and illegal act on the part of the grandma.  And the court agreed.  I suspect that Jason hadn't started getting all stalkery (49 emails in 70 days) and hadn't started to get ugly and mean, then she was going to just let it go.  So I think he has no one to blame but himself as this all goes to court. 

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

The court filing said that she asked for the trust to insure that if anything happened to her that Jason and Bryn could remain in residence.  The fact that the document gave Jason part ownership was not the intent.  So her side said misrepresentation from all parties, fraud on the part of the attorney and illegal act on the part of the grandma.  And the court agreed.  I suspect that Jason hadn't started getting all stalkery (49 emails in 70 days) and hadn't started to get ugly and mean, then she was going to just let it go.  So I think he has no one to blame but himself as this all goes to court. 

We do not know when the emails from Jason started (or if in fact there were any nasty/creepy emails from him to her at all outside of Bethenny/Shields word and I am not inclined to go on her/team's word to begin with) in relation to when Bethenny started the lawsuit against the attorney. I suspect that she filed, or began the process, before the emails began. And I suspect that she/Shields are blowing any emails from him, Jason, into something they are not just for the publicity/sympathy she can garner from her fans/followers.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

he remedy for her losses that resulted from being forced to fight it out in court IS to pursue the lawyers who screwed things up. That is why she is suing them for breach of contract, fraud and notary misconduct .... essentially  it appears she wants compensation for her time, costs, legal fees, and probably punitive damages for the general fraud and malfeasance involved. 

And, imho, at the end of the day even more attorneys will get more richerer while she and those she involves find themselves in a personal nightmare. A maelstrom.

Enough is never enough. Take no hostages, kill kill kill.

• Love 10
On 11/26/2016 at 11:17 AM, Almost 3000 said:

I think its that she likes to control her associations and now that she's in the position to do so she doesn't have to play nice. I'm wondering if she'll treat Tinsley like Kelly B because of past snubs or if TM still has enough social clout to earn a bit of B's respect. TM living with Sonja brings up a few questions...

Jeez, I don't know how I missed the news of Tinsley Mortimer joining the cast, but I did, so thanks for bringing this up.  Ugh, the woman is such a pitiful & pathetic mess now.  And you can be sure Satan Andy was chomping at the bit to have her on the show so Bethenny could have someone new -- to cruelly & monstrously humiliate & sink further into the mud of her failed life.  Oh my gosh, this is going to be a hideously ugly season!

I knew Tinsley when she was high in the social sphere . . . & damn, she was obnoxious as all hell & just an out-and-out jerk to everyone & anyone near her.  She had a particularly well-earned rep for being horrible to staff, who she was always condescending, snooty & disrespectful to.  Most that knew her have indifferently shrugged off her downfall -- as merely a terrible person getting exactly what she greatly deserves.  Er, is this a personality type which sounds all too familiar to anyone?  Anyone?  Hmmmmmm.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 5
On 11/26/2016 at 2:43 PM, zoeysmom said:

There was no mention of punitive damages.   Gosh maybe next month she will sue the child's grandma.  It is not as if Bethenny's daughter didn't benefit from living in the home. 

Punitive damages are always asked for in a fraud lawsuit.  They go beyond the award of actual (compensatory) damages and are meant to punish the offending party for their wrongdoing and make an example of them to others/deter them from engaging in similar shenanigans.  Page Six (or even TMZ) is not going to go into that level of legal detail in a little blurb of a story at this point, though.  But don't think just because it wasn't mentioned in the story that it's not part of things.  And it's often where the really big damages bucks are.

As far as suing grandma Hoppy, lol .... maybe she deserves it for what she did.  It depends on how invested she was in the (possible) scheme to defraud Bethenny.  But she is essentially judgement-proof because she has relatively few assets.   Plus she is Bryn's grandma and while others here will surely disagree, I doubt even Bethenny would go so far as to drag her into court as an actual defendant. I assume Grammy Hoppy is going to be called as a witness in the suit against the lawyer, though.  So she will in all probability end up on the witness stand and be forced to explain what the hell she thought she was doing.  That should be good for a few laughs.

I'm sure the old toad lost her notary credentials at the very least.  As well she should have.  It's not much, but it probably irked her a bit, lol.  Small victories ...

Why did Bethenny ever sign the papers if that was not her intent to have the home as part of a trust?  It just seems strange to sign and then say -gotcha-they weren't legally notarized.

There are all kinds of trusts with all kinds of beneficiaries.  The point is that Bethenny apparently thought she was creating a certain kind of trust with certain beneficiaries and it turned out not to be what she thought it was.  The divorce court apparently found enough fault with the creation of the trust to throw it out, so they must have believed her.  I don't think the court went that far just based on the flawed notarization.

This lawsuit against the attorney who drew up the trust was born the minute the judge made that ruling and I for one am glad it is finally happening.  I can't wait to hear what this lawyer has to say about things.  It's quite possible Jason Hoppy and his mother may end up with a lovely view of the undercarriage of a bus.  It won't get the lawyer off the hook for malpractice, of course, but that is a separate issue.  I just hope they don't settle the case without the details being aired in open court.  If Jason and his mother really did conspire to mislead and cheat Bethenny, they should be exposed.  People have long-defended them and vilified Bethenny, and if they really are frauds, it should be made known.

It is not that hard to figure out the maintenance fees were rounding up were around $12,000 a month.  Bethenny vacated the family home about a year after filing for divorce in January 2013, so that would mean there would be 30 months @ $12,000 or $360,000.00.

I am amazed at the level of detail recall around here, lol ...   

Gosh, that's a lot of money.  No wonder Jason is so pissed!

Bethenny can do whatever she wants to those in her life-it just doesn't seem to make sense to keep all the negativity going when she is trying to sell product. 

Well, she is asking for 5 million dollars ... that is a shit load of money to walk away from if you feel entitled to it.  If I really felt wronged to that extent, I'd march into court, too.  Especially since I don't think a lawsuit like this will damage her brand in the slightest.  If her endless nasty divorce didn't really hurt Skinnygirl, this won't.  Plus people hate lawyers - especially lawyers who do a shitty job and/or actively cheat their clients.  If she manages to win a decent award, I think it would actually help her brand. 

• Love 5
On November 23, 2016 at 1:30 PM, WireWrap said:

In other words that happened before there an agreement about custody. Also, remember that Bethenny was fighting for primary/sole custody back then, not shared/joint, so who knows how much Bethenny allowed Jason to be around Bryn.

Jason is saying that he wants "some type of relationship" with Shields, a man who will be around his daughter as much as he is not that he is not asking to be his bff. And since we don't know just how much Bethenny ignores any email from Jason, I suspect she does it a lot just to spite him because she has a giant vindictive streak and forgets/forgives nothing, I am willing to give him the benefit of doubt.

Yes, I have witnessed nasty divorces and I have seen the devastating affects of them on the children. The fact that Jason refused to play this out in the press like Bethenny has gives him the benefit of doubt in my book. Bethenny is ever the "victim" in her own mind and only her opinion counts ever no matter what. 

On November 25, 2016 at 0:52 AM, ScoobieDoobs said:

ITA, and if she says she didn't read the contract because she trusted him, that's the end of her lawsuit.  Look, I know some wanna stubbornly stick to seeing Jason as the devil & Bethenny as a saint, but that just ain't how it is.  I don't trust Bethenny.  She routinely lies & she's been sneaky & underhanded as hell many times in the past.

Is Jason jealous of Bethenny's high-falootin' lifestyle?  Maybe.  We don't know this for sure, so why state it as anything other than speculation?  Until we see what's in the emails, it sounds to me like these are 2 rich people who are callously, brutally & ruthlessly bullying someone who can't afford to battle them.  What if the real goal of these 2 evil bullies is to influence custody decisions further in Bethenny's favor?

Do I assume the worst when it comes to Bethenny?  Yes, I do.  She proves me right every time.  At her core, she's a cruel, evil, vindictive & manipulative bully.  Hey, maybe she met her match with this Shields character.  And maybe in a year he'll merely be a faded memory in the long, long line of men who could no longer stand to be near the horribleness of Bethenny.

I know Jason is no angel.  Far from it.  But the fact that we know anything of this emails stuff and the c&d letter is because Bethenny planted it in Daily Mail.  I bet she uses the same PR gal who gets Kelly in that shitty rag all the time.  It should be noted Jason does NOT do this.  Ah, but Bethenny casually & regularly does.  Sheesh, she's so villainous in an almost cartoonishly awful way, if she was a man, she'd be twirling her moustache right about now.

Isn't TMZ where Angelina Jolie went to accuse Brad Pitt of abusing Maddox and months later he was cleared.  Bethenny sure knows where to go to create sympathy. And yet Jason still hasn't broken the gag order. Bethenny/Shields are a match made in heaven. Put your money where your mouth is and release the emails - I am surprised they weren't attached to the motion for the restraining order. How many did he respond to? Aren't they filming? How convenient.

• Love 9

And yet Jason still hasn't broken the gag order.

Yeah, he was all over the media talking about how he needed a relationship with Bethenny's boyfriend in case one of his 49 emails in 70 days didn't get to the woman he calls old, ugly and irrelevant.  He has been in the media, his lawyer has been in the media and prior to the gag order 'sources close to Hoppy' were in the media.  And the gag order is about the custody and the settlement.  It's not about his continued campaign of harassment nor the lawyers fraud.  So he can talk if he wants, Shields can talk if he wants and Bethenny can talk if she wants.  And if Hoppy didn't want to be in the media then he should have acted like a grown up and not a stalker.

If he has joint custody that's 35 days out of 70.  If he is sending 49 emails in 70 days that means when she has Bryn he is sending almost two emails a day.  That's nuts.  We know from RHONY filming that there is a required scheduled daily phone call.  So obviously Hoppy has not job.  Takes a lot fo time to email twice and still make your nightly phone call with your daughter.  Dude needs to get a life.

• Love 7
33 minutes ago, jinjer said:

Isn't TMZ where Angelina Jolie went to accuse Brad Pitt of abusing Maddox and months later he was cleared.  Bethenny sure knows where to go to create sympathy. 

14 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Yeah, he was all over the media talking about how he needed a relationship with Bethenny's boyfriend in case one of his 49 emails in 70 days didn't get to the woman he calls old, ugly and irrelevant.  He has been in the media, his lawyer has been in the media and prior to the gag order 'sources close to Hoppy' were in the media. 

Actually, Jason wasn't just all over the media, he was specifically at TMZ ... so I guess HE knows where to go to create sympathy, too, lol

From TMZ

Hoppy, who Shields claimed sent emails calling Bethenny ugly, old and irrelevant, never specifically disputed the content of what he sent, but he did say, "As a concerned father, I often have to contact others when I cannot reach my daughter through her mother."

Hoppy goes on to say as long as Shields is in his daughter's life, "I have no choice but to have some type of relationship with him."

What a steaming pile, lol.  Jason doesn't need a "relationship" with Dennis Shields.  He just wants to make his presence felt and be as big an inconvenience as he can possibly be.  There is absolutely no reason for him to be in communication with anyone but Bethenny (and Bryn, of course).  He's nothing but a jealous little troublemaker trying to get someone to engage with him because he is desperate for attention and he wants to keep the fight with Bethenny going because he doesn't seem to have much of a life aside from trying to bring her down.  It's sad.  He needs to put that energy into loving his daughter and stop wasting it on hating his ex.  She's moved on, and he needs to do the same.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Yeah, he was all over the media talking about how he needed a relationship with Bethenny's boyfriend in case one of his 49 emails in 70 days didn't get to the woman he calls old, ugly and irrelevant.  He has been in the media, his lawyer has been in the media and prior to the gag order 'sources close to Hoppy' were in the media.  And the gag order is about the custody and the settlement.  It's not about his continued campaign of harassment nor the lawyers fraud.  So he can talk if he wants, Shields can talk if he wants and Bethenny can talk if she wants.  And if Hoppy didn't want to be in the media then he should have acted like a grown up and not a stalker.

If he has joint custody that's 35 days out of 70.  If he is sending 49 emails in 70 days that means when she has Bryn he is sending almost two emails a day.  That's nuts.  We know from RHONY filming that there is a required scheduled daily phone call.  So obviously Hoppy has not job.  Takes a lot fo time to email twice and still make your nightly phone call with your daughter.  Dude needs to get a life.

The comments made by Jason's lawyer, during the divorce, were taken directly from courtroom transcripts, not face to dace with a reporter and no one from his "ream/friends/family" have ever given a statement directly to the press or the bloggers, ever. And once again, the comment to TMZ was from his lawyer and in conjunction with a legal matter and we don't know if the comment was said directly to TMZ or was in direct response, via letter, to Shields lawyer. Bethenny is the one that gets to speak to Bryn each night before bed when Jason has her, for all we know, Jason/Bryn may communicate via email each day when she is with Bethenny. We have no idea what or how it was set up for him because, once again, he has not spoken about Bryn or Bethenny to the press....ever.

4 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Actually, Jason wasn't just all over the media, he was specifically at TMZ ... so I guess HE knows where to go to create sympathy, too, lol

From TMZ

What a steaming pile, lol.  Jason doesn't need a "relationship" with Dennis Shields.  He just wants to make his presence felt and be as big an inconvenience as he can possibly be.  There is absolutely no reason for him to be in communication with anyone but Bethenny (and Bryn, of course).  He's nothing but a jealous little troublemaker trying to get someone to engage with him because he is desperate for attention and he wants to keep the fight with Bethenny going because he doesn't seem to have much of a life aside from trying to bring her down.  It's sad.  He needs to put that energy into loving his daughter and stop wasting it on hating his ex.  She's moved on, and he needs to do the same.

I take his comments as a direct legal response to Shields, through his, Jason's lawyer, to Shields lawyer, not a statement to TMZ. Jason has not said 1 word about Bryn or Bethenny, custody or divorce/settlement to the press himself. All comments made from him have been through his lawyer and the press took them directly form court transcripts. I find no reason to think this "comment" is any different and most likely was released by Shields and his lawyer from Jason's lawyer's response to Shield's legal threat. Shields needs to think how he would feel if his soon to be ex didn't allow him to talk to his kids when they were little as she demands she should be allowed when he has them. Oh, and he needs to file for divorce, it is a year now that he Bethenny have been a serious couple and over 6 months since they started looking for a place together.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I take his comments as a direct legal response to Shields, through his, Jason's lawyer, to Shields lawyer, not a statement to TMZ. 

Well someone gave the comment to TMZ, either Jason himself or Jason through his lawyer. 

I find no reason to think this "comment" is any different and most likely was released by Shields and his lawyer from Jason's lawyer's response to Shield's legal threat.

Why would Shields or his lawyer release something from Jason's letter that paints Jason in a sympathetic light?  That makes no sense.  The release of it came from Jason's side, with the intent of painting him as a caring father who is being treated soooo badly by big bad evil Bethenny and her meanie of a boyfriend, obviously.

Jason has not said 1 word about Bryn or Bethenny, custody or divorce/settlement to the press himself. All comments made from him have been through his lawyer and the press took them directly form court transcripts.

What difference does it make if Jason has his lawyer make his comments for him?  He is still getting his comments out there. And they don't all come from court transcripts, either.  Statements have been made directly to the press, as well as by anonymous "sources close to Hoppy," just as QuinnM mentioned above.  Jason just doesn't have to balls to do is own talking is all this proves to me, not that he is "above" making comments. 

Shields needs to think how he would feel if his soon to be ex didn't allow him to talk to his kids when they were little as she demands she should be allowed when he has them.

We have only Jason's word that he is not being allowed to speak to Bryn, and even then there is no suggestion that Shields is either behind it or is able to do anything about it.  I'm not sure why what he thinks or feels about the situation really matters.  The nightly phone call is a court-ordered thing, and if Bethenny is not adhering to it, then Jason needs to take her back to court to demand enforcement.  Not get into a pissing match with her boyfriend and making himself look like an jealous, obsessed ex.  Because all that accomplishes is making it look like it's not really being denied contact with Bryn that has him all upset .... 

Oh, and he needs to file for divorce, it is a year now that he Bethenny have been a serious couple and over 6 months since they started looking for a place together.

That whole thing about still not filing for divorce is just weird and odd to me and I can't imagine why it hasn't happened ... there has to be some reason he (or she) has not filed.  I have no idea what it might be ... it's just strange.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Well someone gave the comment to TMZ, either Jason himself or Jason through his lawyer. 

Why would Shields or his lawyer release something from Jason's letter that paints Jason in a sympathetic light?  That makes no sense.  The release of it came from Jason's side, with the intent of painting him as a caring father who is being treated soooo badly by big bad evil Bethenny and her meanie of a boyfriend, obviously.

What difference does it make if Jason has his lawyer make his comments for him?  He is still getting his comments out there. And they don't all come from court transcripts, either.  Statements have been made directly to the press, as well as by anonymous "sources close to Hoppy," just as QuinnM mentioned above.  Jason just doesn't have to balls to do is own talking is all this proves to me, not that he is "above" making comments. 

We have only Jason's word that he is not being allowed to speak to Bryn, and even then there is no suggestion that Shields is either behind it or is able to do anything about it.  I'm not sure why what he thinks or feels about the situation really matters.  The nightly phone call is a court-ordered thing, and if Bethenny is not adhering to it, then Jason needs to take her back to court to demand enforcement.  Not get into a pissing match with her boyfriend and making himself look like an jealous, obsessed ex.  Because all that accomplishes is making it look like it's not really being denied contact with Bryn that has him all upset .... 

That whole thing about still not filing for divorce is just weird and odd to me and I can't imagine why it hasn't happened ... there has to be some reason he (or she) has not filed.  I have no idea what it might be ... it's just strange.

Or Shields/his lawyer released portions of Jason/lawyers response to the legal threat.

IMO, what TMZ showed didn't show Jason in the best light. It made him sound whiney. LOL

All of the comments from Jason's lawyer were made in court and the press took them directly from the court transcripts, not directly from the lawyer. What "comment" has ever been credited as coming from a "source" close to Jason? I have yet to see one.

Much like we only have Bethenny/bff Carole's word that Jason refused to allow Bethenny to talk to Bryn before bedtime. Have you seen any of these emails that were sent to Shields? According to the reports, Jason sent emails to Bethenny and cc'd Shields, not that he sent them only to or directly to Shields. And, once again, we only have Shields (who we don't know at all other than he has yet to file for divorce) and Bethenny's word. No email from Jason has been made public, only allegations he sent ones and that he was very rude about/to Bethenny in them. Bethenny didn't take Jason back to court when she was claiming he wasn't allowing her bedtime call with Bryn yet you take her word that he refused her.

I agree, the no divorce is really odd and that makes me question how serious he is about Bethenny. If he were really serious, as she claims he is, then he would have filed by now. Something is way off. Do you think he will be on the NY show this coming season? Bethenny has said that she would not get involved with a man that would agree to film but Andy/Bravo may have other ideas/demands. Really, what does she have to offer the show if she won't allow him to film? Her SKG business isn't that exciting, Bryn is not allowed to be filmed and I highly doubt that Bethenny wants her mother on camera , so that leaves Shields. LOL

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

All of the comments from Jason's lawyer were made in court and the press took them directly from the court transcripts, not directly from the lawyer. What "comment" has ever been credited as coming from a "source" close to Jason? I have yet to see one.

I don't want to be a jerk or belabor the point, but since you asked ... it took me like two seconds on google to find Jason's lawyer making comments directly to the press here

In a statement obtained by ET, Clair, who represented Hoppy in his divorce from Frankel, calls the Bravo star "insensitive," and her stories "unproven allegations."

"These retreads of unproven allegations say more about the seeming insensitivity of a parent of a young child who will one day possess the wherewithal to read old, stale and irrelevant articles and internet postings than it says about Jason, who is productively moving on with his post-divorce life and has no time to engage with his ex-wife on this subterranean level," Clair states. 

and here is a "close source" that is obviously someone from the Jason camp

"Jason’s attorneys requested the emergency conference call this morning after a moving crew showed up at the apartment he shares with Bryn and started removing Bethenny’s belongings,” a source close to the situation told Radar.

... “Jason’s attorneys told the judge that Bethenny has bought a new apartment and she was taking her remaining things out of the Tribeca place. The problem was, Bryn was home and the moving crew scared her,” explained. “She started hysterically crying and Jason was furious so he immediately called his lawyers, who called the judge.”

There is more but I don't want to take over the thread .... it's easy enough to find using google.

Or Shields/his lawyer released portions of Jason/lawyers response to the legal threat.

IMO, what TMZ showed didn't show Jason in the best light. It made him sound whiney. LOL

I still don't get why Shields or his attorney would release something that makes Jason sound sympathetic, even if it does come across as whiney.  Which it does, I agree, lol. 

Much like we only have Bethenny/bff Carole's word that Jason refused to allow Bethenny to talk to Bryn before bedtime. Have you seen any of these emails that were sent to Shields? According to the reports, Jason sent emails to Bethenny and cc'd Shields, not that he sent them only to or directly to Shields. And, once again, we only have Shields (who we don't know at all other than he has yet to file for divorce) and Bethenny's word. No email from Jason has been made public, only allegations he sent ones and that he was very rude about/to Bethenny in them. Bethenny didn't take Jason back to court when she was claiming he wasn't allowing her bedtime call with Bryn yet you take her word that he refused her.

Well, Jason didn't deny the number of emails or the content of them.  He just kind of whined about how he just had to do it, he just had no choice.  But he does have a choice, one that is a lot more effective than a couple of million emails.  That is to go back to court.  Just because Bethenny didn't bother to take him to court doesn't mean he shouldn't do it to her, not if it is justified. Neither one of them should have to take that kind of crap when it comes to communicating with Bryn ... they agreed to it, they were ordered to do it, and they should.  End of discussion! 

Do you think he will be on the NY show this coming season? Bethenny has said that she would not get involved with a man that would agree to film but Andy/Bravo may have other ideas/demands. Really, what does she have to offer the show if she won't allow him to film? Her SKG business isn't that exciting, Bryn is not allowed to be filmed and I highly doubt that Bethenny wants her mother on camera , so that leaves Shields. LOL

Good lord, please don't let them put her mother on the show!  That is just too low and smarmy, even for me .... 

I think regardless of Mrs. Shields' husband being on the show or not, Bethenny should go.  It's not good for her personally, emotionally, psychologically, and probably not really good for business.   Plus I hate watching her.  She's awful.  She's mean and loud and rude and obnoxious and self-centered and crude and ... I could go on, but you see where I am going with this.  

The only way I would want to see Bethey stay on the show is if they bring back Jill Zarin, heheh ... sadly, due to the turn Bobby's health has taken, that looks pretty much impossible at this point.  So good riddance Bethenny, as far as I am concerned.  And take Luann and Ramona and Carole with you!!!!  I realize there wouldn't be much of a show left, but I'm sick of all of them! 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:
3 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I don't want to be a jerk or belabor the point, but since you asked ... it took me like two seconds on google to find Jason's lawyer making comments directly to the press here

and here is a "close source" that is obviously someone from the Jason camp

There is more but I don't want to take over the thread .... it's easy enough to find using google.

I still don't get why Shields or his attorney would release something that makes Jason sound sympathetic, even if it does come across as whiney.  Which it does, I agree, lol. 

Well, Jason didn't deny the number of emails or the content of them.  He just kind of whined about how he just had to do it, he just had no choice.  But he does have a choice, one that is a lot more effective than a couple of million emails.  That is to go back to court.  Just because Bethenny didn't bother to take him to court doesn't mean he shouldn't do it to her, not if it is justified. Neither one of them should have to take that kind of crap when it comes to communicating with Bryn ... they agreed to it, they were ordered to do it, and they should.  End of discussion! 

Good lord, please don't let them put her mother on the show!  That is just too low and smarmy, even for me .... 

I think regardless of Mrs. Shields' husband being on the show or not, Bethenny should go.  It's not good for her personally, emotionally, psychologically, and probably not really good for business.   Plus I hate watching her.  She's awful.  She's mean and loud and rude and obnoxious and self-centered and crude and ... I could go on, but you see where I am going with this.  

The only way I would want to see Bethey stay on the show is if they bring back Jill Zarin, heheh ... sadly, due to the turn Bobby's health has taken, that looks pretty much impossible at this point.  So good riddance Bethenny, as far as I am concerned.  And take Luann and Ramona and Carole with you!!!!  I realize there wouldn't be much of a show left, but I'm sick of all of them! 

I did forget the lawyers 1 non-court comment after Bethenny blasted Jason as the cause of the long "divorce from hell", like she had nothing to do with how long it took! LOL The second "example" wasn't a source "close" to Jason, for all we know, it was a courthouse employee/reporter. The custody battle was open to the public/no gag order, so anyone could have spilled that story, had it been someone from Jason's "team/side" I am sure they could/would have painted an uglier picture about Bethenny than, IMO, what was reported.

Don't get me wrong, I am sure Jason can be and was a jerk on many an occasion but Bethenny paints him as a 24/7 jerk and that was not my impression of him, the same as I doubt that Bethenny was a nasty control freak that refused to compromise in anything no matter what, even though that is the picture Bethenny portrayed herself to be.  

I used to love Bethenny but somewhere along the line she came to believe, really believe, she knew it all and that no one else's opinions/thoughts/feelings mattered other than her own. She works hard at her business but doesn't seem to want to work at personal relationships, be it her failed marriages, her mother/father, girl friends....she demands complete loyalty but refuses to give hers to others. She is a very unhappy, bitter human being and I admit, I worry about what will happen when Bryn gets to those trying, challenging preteen/teen years. Yes, I do fear that Bethenny will cut her out of her life when Bryn finds her own voice unless her voice mirrors Bethenny's. I agree, she needs to get off of TV but she is addicted to the "fame" and her fans adulation, she can not live without it/them.

The show survived without Bethenny and would continue to do so without her. They need a more cohesive cast, with more married women, less single on the prowl women. More like it used to be, women with families, real families.

• Love 11
10 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I did forget the lawyers 1 non-court comment after Bethenny blasted Jason as the cause of the long "divorce from hell", like she had nothing to do with how long it took! LOL The second "example" wasn't a source "close" to Jason, for all we know, it was a courthouse employee/reporter. The custody battle was open to the public/no gag order, so anyone could have spilled that story, had it been someone from Jason's "team/side" I am sure they could/would have painted an uglier picture about Bethenny than, IMO, what was reported.

Don't get me wrong, I am sure Jason can be and was a jerk on many an occasion but Bethenny paints him as a 24/7 jerk and that was not my impression of him, the same as I doubt that Bethenny was a nasty control freak that refused to compromise in anything no matter what, even though that is the picture Bethenny portrayed herself to be.  

I used to love Bethenny but somewhere along the line she came to believe, really believe, she knew it all and that no one else's opinions/thoughts/feelings mattered other than her own. She works hard at her business but doesn't seem to want to work at personal relationships, be it her failed marriages, her mother/father, girl friends....she demands complete loyalty but refuses to give hers to others. She is a very unhappy, bitter human being and I admit, I worry about what will happen when Bryn gets to those trying, challenging preteen/teen years. Yes, I do fear that Bethenny will cut her out of her life when Bryn finds her own voice unless her voice mirrors Bethenny's. I agree, she needs to get off of TV but she is addicted to the "fame" and her fans adulation, she can not live without it/them.

The show survived without Bethenny and would continue to do so without her. They need a more cohesive cast, with more married women, less single on the prowl women. More like it used to be, women with families, real families.

Jason doesn't have a camp, he has parents and an attorney.  Sources close to are just a way for specious reporters to get their opinion out. 

I don't know why anyone expects this extraordinary saintly behavior on Jason's part-this couple communicated, while being filmed in less than kindly terms, especially about others, on many occasions.  Why would it change when they divorced?   Bethenny has a take no prisoners attitude during litigation, remember when she would spend every penny to defend and win the lawsuit against her former manager?  Amazing how she settled the case.  She did get a fair amount of name calling in though prior to settling. 

I guess I am confused why a hot shot like married guy cares if he gets cc's e-mails to Bethenny.  Why not just block Jason?  Even more trifling is why go public?  We have no idea how long the e-mails are or if the frequency between Jason and Bethenny is extraordinary.  Bethenny has made public married guy is front and center in her life and Bryn's-so why the surprise that married guy can be a surrogate in the event Bethenny doesn't respond to contact from Jason.  I thought it a little odd, when Carole disclosed that during a half hour period Bethenny called Jason numerous times in an exercise her right  to speak with Bryn.  Maybe if Jason had a surrogate the call would have gone through. 

I agree about more women either married or who have children adult or otherwise willing to film.  I give Dorinda a pass because she brought a significant other to the show with her.  I don't really buy the idea that Carole and Bethenny want to hang with Ramona all that much other than she carries gossip.  It will be interesting to see if Dorinda just falls between the cracks.  Obviously the big story, against Bethenny's wishes will be Luann's wedding.  I bet she has been saving up every snarky comment she can dream up to put down the marriage.

• Love 7
On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 11:52 PM, ScoobieDoobs said:

Do I assume the worst when it comes to Bethenny?  Yes, I do.  She proves me right every time.  At her core, she's a cruel, evil, vindictive & manipulative bully.  Hey, maybe she met her match with this Shields character.  And maybe in a year he'll merely be a faded memory in the long, long line of men who could no longer stand to be near the horribleness of Bethenny.

I agree with your whole post.  She really is a bully, and she is able to use her money to bully Jason.  She is absolutely cruel and vindictive, it is like she cannot just let a person who (she believes) wronged her go, she has to eviscerate them.  She's pathetic.  I don't know much about Jason, but from what we saw, I liked him.  I actually used to like Bethanny, but wow she has turned into a real asshole. 

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 1:18 PM, PerPlexied said:

Skinnygirl LUNCH MEATS!?!? What's her slogan for that? "Over-processed and extra salty, just like me!"

That sounds disgusting.  She's really grasping at straws here, trying to find something else to stick. 

I used to love the SG Margarita, but the last time I got it, I took a sip and threw it out.  Did they change the recipe?  It was terrible.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 11
On Wednesday, November 23, 2016 at 9:47 AM, Ki-in said:

"You never really know a man until you have divorced him." Zsa Zsa Gabor

Frankly they both seem like they hate each other a thousand times more than they love Brynn. Both seem petty and vindictive. I feel sorry for Brynn. 

So true on both counts. I thought Jason had been mostly decent during the divorce, but there's a nice way of addressing his concerns about people in Bethenny's life who might have contact with Brynn. I know they've been in communication through their lawyers, but they need someone or something less confrontational. A mediator and a family therapist. They both need to think about Brynn. Bethenny is awful, but I don't think she'd want to have someone who might harm Brynn in her orbit. Given that, Jason needs to back off a little. Neither one of them wants to harm their child. They might not make the best decisions, but at no point is either one of them intending to harm the kid. Once you realize and accept that, you should be able to communicate with less vitriol. Bethenny is an asshole and flawed, but I've known horrific parents and she's not even in my top 20.

I had a horrific uncle by marriage who was terrible when he was married to my aunt, but became a horror show when divorced. He was married 3 times and he did this same thing with each wife. He physically abused every one of his wives. He hid his assets. He sued for full custody of the kids so he wouldn't have to pay child support. He actually got custody of his oldest child. He basically bankrupted that kid's mom and she ended moving back in with her parents in a foreign country. He would later abandon that child who wound up being raised by the monks who ran the Catholic school he attended. He vindictively prolonged the divorces to run up his ex-wives' legal fees. In his third divorce where he was dying of cancer, he specifically directed his attorney in contract to continue with the divorce even after his death because he didn't want to give his estranged wife anything. The lawyer ended up having to engage in this super bizarre lawsuit between him and the estate that went up to the state supreme court. My aunt, his second wife, would employ forensic accountants for more than a decade to try to locate all of the funds he had hidden so that he didn't have to pay child support.

• Love 5

The way Jason is behaving is just odd. If Beth was the one sending such a huge amount of emails to Jason, and copying his girlfriend, calling Jason terrible names, lots of folks would be running around with their hair on fire.  If Jason leaked it to the press many would say it was just fine because the poor guy shouldn't have to live with such grief. That people should know about the real Beth and how she treats him. Talk of Beth desperately needing therapy and to get a life would be the theme. Who cares how Dennis is responding? He doesn't seem to be the one doing the terrible thing. Jason does. I don't get why he gets a pass on his very strange behavior. 

• Love 10
49 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

The way Jason is behaving is just odd. If Beth was the one sending such a huge amount of emails to Jason, and copying his girlfriend, calling Jason terrible names, lots of folks would be running around with their hair on fire.  If Jason leaked it to the press many would say it was just fine because the poor guy shouldn't have to live with such grief. That people should know about the real Beth and how she treats him. Talk of Beth desperately needing therapy and to get a life would be the theme. Who cares how Dennis is responding? He doesn't seem to be the one doing the terrible thing. Jason does. I don't get why he gets a pass on his very strange behavior. 

I believe the problem between the two parents is they spent so much time litigating and dwelling on minutia, and it was minutia, and trying to control what the other parent does when the other has the child this situation has become absurd.  Bethenny used her fame to call Jason a thief, which is far worse than, old, ugly or irrelevant.  Bethenny is not ugly on the outside, there are thousands of images to disprove his assertion.  I would say Jason was out of line if he were cc'ing Dennis' wife or adult children.  The point has been made, Dennis doesn't want to be cc'd.  I don't really see why they have to communicate outside pick and delivery times but with the way the divorce started over one party objecting to what the other feeds the child, these parents have to pull way back.

By Bethenny via Dennis making this public, the point of Bethenny being irrelevant is kind of coming true.  This should not be news or even something that went public.   I have never understood the advantage to Bethenny and this goes way back, if Jason is made out to be an asshole.  I could understand if Bethenny had been physically abused or Jason had been unfaithful, but even being unfaithful doesn't really render the other person a bad parent.  I realize all Bethenny knows from her upbringing is an absentee biological father but it doesn't mean Bryn will suffer the same fate in spite of her attempts.    I just see two very stubborn people who can't seem to reach an accord when it comes to their child.  Since we see zero of present day Jason, it is easier not to really have an opinion about him, Bethenny on the other hand makes her opinion and behavior very public and for me there is just so much I find unlikeable about her.

I don't find the behavior odd by divorce standards but I do think Jason should honor Dennis' wishes and not cc' him anymore e-mails.  I would have thought a letter from Dennis' attorney would have sufficed without going public but maybe it wasn't in the cards.  These parents need to get off the public humiliation train.  To Bethenny's dismay Jason isn't going away anytime soon. 

• Love 3

I don't find the behavior odd by divorce standards but I do think Jason should honor Dennis' wishes and not cc' him anymore e-mails.

Hopefully Jason will be petty enough to push Dennis into court.   Then we find out if he had been asked 48 times to stop cc him and exactly what the hostile language was and how it was escalating.  And the best part is that Jason has been that mean and petty to push this all the way.  49 emails in 70 days.  I do find it odd by divorce standards.  Dennis is not part of the divorce.  Dennis is not Bryn's parent.  Jason has lost.  Was proven a thief.  And he still can't let it go. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, QuinnM said:

Hopefully Jason will be petty enough to push Dennis into court.   Then we find out if he had been asked 48 times to stop cc him and exactly what the hostile language was and how it was escalating.  And the best part is that Jason has been that mean and petty to push this all the way.  49 emails in 70 days.  I do find it odd by divorce standards.  Dennis is not part of the divorce.  Dennis is not Bryn's parent.  Jason has lost.  Was proven a thief.  And he still can't let it go. 

I have a good friend  who is a family law judge and we go to lunch every couple of months.  I like to go early and listen to the calendar.  Last time I went there was a case where the mother of two children had sent over 1,200 text messages to the father with the words fucking c*nt in most of them.  The father was granted a restraining order as to the mother contacting him via phone or internet.  I was sitting next to the paternal grandfather, who told me when the mother and father separated (they had never married) the father hired a 20 year old nanny.  Apparently, the 35 year old father was impressed with the 20 year old nanny's skills and moved her into the family home full time (about two weeks after she started) and they were getting married in a week (they had been together two years).  What was weird is what the father wanted from the Court (besides the restraining order) was some sort of ruling he did not fuck the nanny-the accusation in about half the messages. 

What I found amusing is the judge said to the father's attorney-I never want another motion with 150 pages of attachments (the text messages) and she said it wasn't the Court's place to rule on the father's romantic involvement.  So at lunch I had to ask, "so do you think the father fucked the nanny?", she answered, "the father fucked the nanny."  There was also some discussion about the mother going bat shit during the kid exchange because the father insisted on bringing the nanny/fiancé.  (The mother and father live about two miles from each other and make the exchange at a McDonalds.)  Apparently, the mother now has a boyfriend and the father has been in communication with him but the boyfriend and father agree it is best the mother not know.  Grandpa told me this.  All I could think of is the chances of that going well are probably limited.

I strongly disagree with Jason having been proven a thief.  Asserting one's rights to property purchased or acquired in the marriage does not make the person a thief anymore than it makes Bethenny a thief for fighting for the same assets.  Bethenny said several times on her show it was their home. Jason may have lost his interest to any claim in the home but we have no idea what the financial settlement was.  Nor do we know if Jason and Bethenny's e-mails have any thing to do with already litigated property issues.   They may be over really silly things.  One thing about these parents is they have proven they are pretty immovable.   I am sure if the mood strikes Bethenny the e-mails will be released and most likely the only reason they weren't is because there may have been something in the e-mails that was unflattering to Bethenny.

• Love 9
29 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I strongly disagree with Jason having been proven a thief.  Asserting one's rights to property purchased or acquired in the marriage does not make the person a thief anymore than it makes Bethenny a thief for fighting for the same assets.  Bethenny said several times on her show it was their home. Jason may have lost his interest to any claim in the home but we have no idea what the financial settlement was.  Nor do we know if Jason and Bethenny's e-mails have any thing to do with already litigated property issues.   They may be over really silly things.  One thing about these parents is they have proven they are pretty immovable.   I am sure if the mood strikes Bethenny the e-mails will be released and most likely the only reason they weren't is because there may have been something in the e-mails that was unflattering to Bethenny.

Some could argue that he is a thief based on the decision of the court. Doesn't really matter, however, as in Beth's mind, he is one. She knows the spirit and intent of any agreements they made, and she believes he is a thief. I believe my MIL is a Racist. She says she is not. She can say it all day long, and others can (and have) argued in her defense, but to me she is a racist and I have zero problem telling her that to her face (always makes Thanksgiving and Christmas a lot of fun). The point is that Beth believes what she believes and she is more than welcome to feel how she does about what happened. 

At the same time, Jason can believe that Beth is old, ugly and irrelevant. I have zero issue with him saying it if he believes it over and over again. But context and intent always matter. Beth said what she said in the context of what they were going through in their divorce and custody battle. Jason seems to be just throwing shit at the wall in some type of ugly and bitter display. Beth's charge against Jason went solely to the issue at hand - that he was trying to take things from her that weren't owed to him. If Jason is mad about not being able to contact Beth regarding the kid, and this is the point of the many emails, how in the world does calling her any of these particular names help him out? How does any of that relate to the issues he is trying to address?  Or telling Dennis that she will drop him in a New York minute? Or in cc'ing Dennis on the emails at all? 

But the most telling thing of all is in Jason calling Beth "irrelevant". That one word says so much. He wants her to be irrelevant because for the most part, he probably is as long as he is not in a relationship with her, or attached to her in a media story. She might be irrelevant overall in the world as a whole, but in the small world that she has created for herself, she is anything but. She is a successful business woman, and she is a Realty TV Star. Anything directly attached to her creates a flood of comments here and on other other sites like TMZ. This most recent story was leaked to TMZ. No direct quotes from either Beth or Dennis. As far as I am aware, Beth hasn't even commented on it, but that isn't necessary. She doesn't have to. Just the fact that her name is attached to it will garner literally thousands of comments on various sites. Beth will start being irrelevant when people stop being interested in literally everything she does. 

• Love 4
On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 11:18 AM, PerPlexied said:

Skinnygirl LUNCH MEATS!?!? What's her slogan for that? "Over-processed and extra salty, just like me!"

You win the internet for the rest of the year!

Perfect...just perfect.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Some could argue that he is a thief based on the decision of the court. Doesn't really matter, however, as in Beth's mind, he is one. She knows the spirit and intent of any agreements they made, and she believes he is a thief. I believe my MIL is a Racist. She says she is not. She can say it all day long, and others can (and have) argued in her defense, but to me she is a racist and I have zero problem telling her that to her face (always makes Thanksgiving and Christmas a lot of fun). The point is that Beth believes what she believes and she is more than welcome to feel how she does about what happened. 

At the same time, Jason can believe that Beth is old, ugly and irrelevant. I have zero issue with him saying it if he believes it over and over again. But context and intent always matter. Beth said what she said in the context of what they were going through in their divorce and custody battle. Jason seems to be just throwing shit at the wall in some type of ugly and bitter display. Beth's charge against Jason went solely to the issue at hand - that he was trying to take things from her that weren't owed to him. If Jason is mad about not being able to contact Beth regarding the kid, and this is the point of the many emails, how in the world does calling her any of these particular names help him out? How does any of that relate to the issues he is trying to address?  Or telling Dennis that she will drop him in a New York minute? Or in cc'ing Dennis on the emails at all? 

But the most telling thing of all is in Jason calling Beth "irrelevant". That one word says so much. He wants her to be irrelevant because for the most part, he probably is as long as he is not in a relationship with her, or attached to her in a media story. She might be irrelevant overall in the world as a whole, but in the small world that she has created for herself, she is anything but. She is a successful business woman, and she is a Realty TV Star. Anything directly attached to her creates a flood of comments here and on other other sites like TMZ. This most recent story was leaked to TMZ. No direct quotes from either Beth or Dennis. As far as I am aware, Beth hasn't even commented on it, but that isn't necessary. She doesn't have to. Just the fact that her name is attached to it will garner literally thousands of comments on various sites. Beth will start being irrelevant when people stop being interested in literally everything she does. 

Here is how I see irrelevant-Bethenny went backwards not forwards when she went back to RHONY.  She left on such a high note and came back rich and bitter.  She could no longer put her daughter on display most of the products she launched were dropped or never made it to fruition. 

Take the apartment, Bryn never was not living in the apartment.  You won it back, embrace it and move back in.  Granted she made $2 million bucks off selling it but to me, if it were so special, that it brought tears to her eyes and breaking down on being back in it again, suck it up and think of your daughter.

Bethenny is the one who keeps  bringing Jason front and center.  She dumped she moved on, he is not going to sit back and cede the child and everything else they built together.  Jason is stuck with the court awarded. He seeks no public attention-for him to predict limp dick married guy was going to take cc'd e-mails public is  a stretch.  If he wanted to be a part of Bethenny's life trust me there are probably a fair number of publishers who would pay big bucks for his story-or did Bethenny word the settlement that Jason never gets a voice?  And what did she pay for the silence?

I have a great deal of respect for you because you know the food and beverage business and obviously when sales drop there would be the obvious lack of relevance.  Skinnygirl leaves about half the market out. If I am a guy buying microwave popcorn  and Skinnygirl is 160 calories a bag and Orville Redenbacher is 100 calories a bag-who would I buy?  (Orville makes Skinnygirl)  Same with many of her cocktails-when I think Cosmo I think a beautiful pinkish red cocktail not a white cranberry flavored concoction. 

I think last year was a huge mistake for Bethenny going after Luann.  What was there to gain?  So what if Luann's relationship was for the cameras-apparently a gamble Bethenny took and lost.  It just reeks of sour grapes and yes a lack of relevance on her part.

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Take the apartment, Bryn never was not living in the apartment.  You won it back, embrace it and move back in.  Granted she made $2 million bucks off selling it but to me, if it were so special, that it brought tears to her eyes and breaking down on being back in it again, suck it up and think of your daughter

She wasn't crying about the awesome grandeur of the apartment, lol.  It was what it represented emotionally, what she went through there.  Meemmmmmoorrrriiiieeessss and all that.  I get it.  And it's not a reason to move back in.  If anything - given that most of the memories were probably bad ones - it's a great reason to move ON.

And I have to say - why is there this assumption that Bryn was all destroyed by not being allowed to continue living in that horrible white boxcar?  Maybe the kid had the good sense to HATE that apartment.  I know I certainly did.  Just because it was where she lived for a while doesn't mean she wasn't happy to get to move to some place (presumably) way better.  I was thrilled when we moved from where I had lived my whole life at the age of 10.  It wasn't traumatic.  I didn't feel robbed or uprooted.  This assumption that unloading that hideous ice cube tray of an apartment was an act of child abuse makes no sense to me.  For all anybody knows, it was filled with bad memories for Bryn, too.  She might very well have been completely fine with moving.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

She wasn't crying about the awesome grandeur of the apartment, lol.  It was what it represented emotionally, what she went through there.  Meemmmmmoorrrriiiieeessss and all that.  I get it.  And it's not a reason to move back in.  If anything - given that most of the memories were probably bad ones - it's a great reason to move ON.

And I have to say - why is there this assumption that Bryn was all destroyed by not being allowed to continue living in that horrible white boxcar?  Maybe the kid had the good sense to HATE that apartment.  I know I certainly did.  Just because it was where she lived for a while doesn't mean she wasn't happy to get to move to some place (presumably) way better.  I was thrilled when we moved from where I had lived my whole life at the age of 10.  It wasn't traumatic.  I didn't feel robbed or uprooted.  This assumption that unloading that hideous ice cube tray of an apartment was an act of child abuse makes no sense to me.  For all anybody knows, it was filled with bad memories for Bryn, too.  She might very well have been completely fine with moving.

Okay I never said child abuse so let's not get carried away.  I never said she was destroyed.  Bethenny needs to learn to create her own memories within a given space.  She loved the place she designed and built.  So there were some cooties left over.  She did well making 2 million bucks.  I think that what was really important to Bethenny.

I would like to think the parents for the most part have kept their mutual hideous behavior away from the kid.  To me all Bryn does is move.  So she can emulate her mother's self admitted screwed up childhood with all the moving-way to parent Bethenny. 

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Okay I never said child abuse so let's not get carried away.  I never said she was destroyed.  Bethenny needs to learn to create her own memories within a given space.  She loved the place she designed and built.  So there were some cooties left over.  She did well making 2 million bucks.  I think that what was really important to Bethenny.

I would like to think the parents for the most part have kept their mutual hideous behavior away from the kid.  To me all Bryn does is move.  So she can emulate her mother's self admitted screwed up childhood with all the moving-way to parent Bethenny. 

I quoted you but I was actually referring to more than just what you specifically said.  There is a perception that not staying in the apartment once she got it back is evidence that Bethenny is a bad mother, that she was not thinking of Bryn, not putting Bryn first.  

But if Bethenny was as unhappy as I think she was in that apartment, maybe leaving there really WAS thinking of Bryn.  Sometimes a place is filled with more than just "cooties" and burning a little sage isn't gonna clear out the painful memories.  And Bryn needs her mother to be happy and feel comfortable in her own home just as much as Bryn needs to feel happy and comfortable in her home.  So staying despite all the bad feelings might actually have been a huge mistake for both of them.  And far from being evidence that she is a bad mother, leaving the apartment might be evidence Bethenny is actually a very wise mother.  And also one who was willing to take a financial risk to benefit her daughter, I might add.  Because Bethenny didn't know she would make that much money on the apartment.  That was not guaranteed.  Frankly I am stunned she made that much on it, but apparently there are people in NYC who want to live in ugly boxcar-like, solid white tombs.  Go figure. 

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I quoted you but I was actually referring to more than just what you specifically said.  There is a perception that not staying in the apartment once she got it back is evidence that Bethenny is a bad mother, that she was not thinking of Bryn, not putting Bryn first.  

But if Bethenny was as unhappy as I think she was in that apartment, maybe leaving there really WAS thinking of Bryn.  Sometimes a place is filled with more than just "cooties" and burning a little sage isn't gonna clear out the painful memories.  And Bryn needs her mother to be happy and feel comfortable in her own home just as much as Bryn needs to feel happy and comfortable in her home.  So staying despite all the bad feelings might actually have been a huge mistake for both of them.  And far from being evidence that she is a bad mother, leaving the apartment might be evidence Bethenny is actually a very wise mother.  And also one who was willing to take a financial risk to benefit her daughter, I might add.  Because Bethenny didn't know she would make that much money on the apartment.  That was not guaranteed.  Frankly I am stunned she made that much on it, but apparently there are people in NYC who want to live in ugly boxcar-like, solid white tombs.  Go figure. 

See, I understand why Bethenny got rid of the "family" apartment but why did she sell the one she was currently living in as well? That doesn't make sense to me, why sell that one before you have another one lined up first? I get that she/Bryn could stay in the Hamptons during the summer but as soon as school started up they needed to be back in the city and once again, Bethenny is "homeless". So are she/Bryn living in hotels, bouncing from 1 to another like she tried to sell us her first season back? LOL

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

See, I understand why Bethenny got rid of the "family" apartment but why did she sell the one she was currently living in as well? That doesn't make sense to me, why sell that one before you have another one lined up first? 

I wondered if it turned out that there was some kind of problem with the apartment or drawback to living in it that she didn't want to mention publicly because it might effect her ability to sell it.  She must have had a reason she didn't want to live there ... 

Was there ever any report of her selling it and how much she might have made or lost on the deal?

4 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I wondered if it turned out that there was some kind of problem with the apartment or drawback to living in it that she didn't want to mention publicly because it might effect her ability to sell it.  She must have had a reason she didn't want to live there ... 

Was there ever any report of her selling it and how much she might have made or lost on the deal?

I believe she sold it shortly after selling the other apartment, about a month or so later, so once again, she is homeless in the city again! LOL I believe she made money, not lost, but I don't remember how much she made. It was also, another "white box"! LOL IMO, just mine, Bethenny's white apartments mirror her personality....cold, ice cold! LOL

• Love 3

Snap chat shows Bethenny still in the condo she redid 2 years ago. She does have it on the market. She has also looked at condos in the same building, perhaps combining. Frederick hasn't shown her anything in a while so maybe she's bought something. Now that the property is settled she can rent an apartment without weakening her residence case in the settlement. 

I personally want some real estate porn instead of all the puppy snaps. But that's because I'm just heartless. 

5 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Snap chat shows Bethenny still in the condo she redid 2 years ago. She does have it on the market. She has also looked at condos in the same building, perhaps combining. Frederick hasn't shown her anything in a while so maybe she's bought something. Now that the property is settled she can rent an apartment without weakening her residence case in the settlement. 

I personally want some real estate porn instead of all the puppy snaps. But that's because I'm just heartless. 

I'm pretty sure it sold already. She may have a longer/later closing date or a contingency that she stays until she finds something.

I love house porn but an all white apartment or house doesn't do it for me, I find them cold as well as boring. LOL

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I don't think I have ever called Bethenny a "bad mother" so I need to be clear I aIways think in terms of stability and avoiding change as a positive thing in a child's life.  Bethenny herself when berating her mother spoke of the number of times she was uprooted.  To a child I don't think it matters if it is because the step father blew the rent money at the track, or mommy has bad memories.  Bethenny's life, as she presents it is just one long bad memory with the exception of selling Skinnygirl and even that had a big fat lawsuit attached.  I do think Bethenny tends to be egocentric and has an ex that is very similar in that he is stubborn in his resolve to bash her about her desire for continued fame.

Bethenny has said she dropped a boatload of money into the giant white box (Jason contributed as well).  I think it is highly likely she and married guy may be setting up house and need a lot more bedroom space with their combined six children.  Which if they want a life together and they apparently have the resources they should buy an appropriate size home.

I can't sign on with Bethenny putting Jason's name in the press, he has expressed a desire to be private and short of committing a crime I think a good start would be to honor his wishes.  If life is so good with married guy maybe she should be more public with that relationship.  She claims she is happy, break the mold and put out happy press releases-take a trip, do something charitable.

• Love 9

It's her calling.

“There needs to be a positive female conversation — for someone to stand up and say, ‘We got this.’”

I can't with her. Or most of the other housewives when it comes to charity. They act like they've invented the good deed. There are hundreds of thousands of people who devote their entire lives to good & just causes, making great sacrifices, for little or no pay. If you genuinely believe in a cause, maybe take some serious time to learn about the issues and complicated legal situations. There are plenty of organizations to send a check to before you start a charity of your own. 

Full disclosure: A long time ago I required the services of a domestic violence organization. It was among the top three worst moments of my life, but the woman who assisted me was very direct, very empathetic and very patient. She and her group faced off against the police who had refused to help me (the attitude of the police did change when they saw the damage that was done to my home & belongings). When Bethenny alludes to her million dollar divorce and uses words like "abuse" and "torture" and says shit like "I got this" regarding women in crisis it just makes me nuts.  

• Love 17

The Real Housewives of New York star sat down with ET's Jennifer Peros at her New York City apartment to discuss B Strong -- a crisis intervention initiative for women she has launched in partnership with the international non-profit, Dress For Success -- but also took a moment to update us on her single status after previously dating banker Dennis Shields.

Is this a weird way of saying she and Mrs. Shields' husband have broken up?   She is now enjoying "single status after previously dating" him?   

That is what that means, isn't it?  

Well, when did that happen???    I wonder if Mrs. Shields' husband decided to he needed to spend Thanksgiving with his wife and children or something and it didn't go over well. 

• Love 9
19 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Is this a weird way of saying she and Mrs. Shields' husband have broken up?   She is now enjoying "single status after previously dating" him?   

That is what that means, isn't it?  

Well, when did that happen???    I wonder if Mrs. Shields' husband decided to he needed to spend Thanksgiving with his wife and children or something and it didn't go over well. 

I am sure if they are no longer a couple it was because he put his children ahead of her, not just his wife but also his children. Bethenny does not share, ever, never, unless forced by the courts to do so and she still throws a fit.

• Love 3

I think she's just been waiting for the opportunity to use her oh-so-clever B Strong. Get it? B?=be=my initial, everyone!! Woot!

From @shirazplease's link:

'Still, Frankel is interested in expanding her family. Just last month the reality star offered to adopt a 5-year-old who was abandoned at NYC's Port Authority bus station and says more children are "not out of the question."' 

Wonder if she knows what an "opportunist" is.

She'd look better with a couple few more pounds. Gaunt is not a good look. A little weight might fill some of her lines/wrinkles.

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 7
On 12/7/2016 at 2:40 PM, chick binewski said:

It's her calling.

“There needs to be a positive female conversation — for someone to stand up and say, ‘We got this.’”

I can't with her. Or most of the other housewives when it comes to charity. They act like they've invented the good deed. There are hundreds of thousands of people who devote their entire lives to good & just causes, making great sacrifices, for little or no pay. If you genuinely believe in a cause, maybe take some serious time to learn about the issues and complicated legal situations. There are plenty of organizations to send a check to before you start a charity of your own. 

Full disclosure: A long time ago I required the services of a domestic violence organization. It was among the top three worst moments of my life, but the woman who assisted me was very direct, very empathetic and very patient. She and her group faced off against the police who had refused to help me (the attitude of the police did change when they saw the damage that was done to my home & belongings). When Bethenny alludes to her million dollar divorce and uses words like "abuse" and "torture" and says shit like "I got this" regarding women in crisis it just makes me nuts.  

@chick binewski I'm sorry your went through this. I also was in a long term abusive relationship. It's insulting she equates her bitter divorce which is essentially pettiness and fights about money as abusive and traumatic in comparison to battered women.

also Beth not only women suffer from abuse. 

• Love 10

How big was the check Bethenny wrote to get the ball rolling?  Or is she lending her celebrity and 'expertise' to the cause?  To me, it just sounds like a lot of cliché lines addressing very serious matters in the lives of many.

@Chick Binewski-sorry for what you went through and maybe just maybe there will be dialogue about not using terms like "richest homeless person", "torture" when a newly minted millionaire doesn't get her way in a marriage and subsequent divorce.  Treat a marriage like a business proposal use business terms, not terms that should be reserved for those who are physically abused and financially estranged.

• Love 7

I think she doesn't understand what's she's talking about just like when she drones on about her neglectful childhood and abuse I have known some people who has some rough childhoods like molestation and incest and moved past it or don't thrown it in people's faces during arguments as some defense for a personality flaw or excuse to attack others. I feel like she never steps outside herself or sees the big picture. I remember when I left my ex my face was swollen so bruised half was pitch black I couldn't even go in public without stares for about a month. I had no money nothing and nowhere to live. After I went to a center for battered women I bummed a ride out of state humble and embarrassed AF.  For her to equate her experience with Jason quibbling over a multi million dollar apartment to that or women who suffered spousal rape shows how clueless she is. 

• Love 15
Spoiler

(Please ignore Spoiler box.)

There's no way on earth I could ever believe that Bethenny would enjoy life as a stepmom to several children.  One way or the other, through alternating days and years, the kids' welfare would have to be discussed, analyzed and acted on.  Bethenny would hate being a supporting player in her own life. She needs the spotlight on her at all times. Her Dennis fling is (or, was) doomed.

In my opinion, many of B's character traits remind me of our current president-elect.  So...I want them to start having an affair.  Think of the crossover programming opportunities!  The ratings!  I mean, so many conventional rules and expectations have been suddenly and happily cast aside, I don't see a reason that a married prez can't have an open relationship with another woman.  DT plans on spending lots of time in NYC anyway; and Melania won't mind B subbing for her during state dinners or Kennedy Center events.

I just think a B and D romance would spark excitement and ratings for both parties and their projects. OMG the live tweeting scoops during the broadcasts would be AMAZING!  Gonna start lobbying for this idea like immediately! :) ;)

• Love 4

I thought there were already B Strong foundations, so I googled and there are.  One is a registered 501c3 in PA and another is part of the Boston Marathon bombing.  I knew I had heard the name before.  

Looks like Santa got a front row viewing of B's boobs.  Are they new?  They seem awfully big.Czaf56GUQAAupK0.jpg

• Love 4
4 hours ago, jinjer said:

I thought there were already B Strong foundations, so I googled and there are.  One is a registered 501c3 in PA and another is part of the Boston Marathon bombing.  I knew I had heard the name before.  

Looks like Santa got a front row viewing of B's boobs.  Are they new?  They seem awfully big.Czaf56GUQAAupK0.jpg

Gracious, Santa's hand appears to be doing more than giving a thumbs up...