Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

It is considered strange because Beth said it. Every single word she says is analyzed to death simply because she said it. Even when it is the most benign thing in the world, like saying going through her divorce was hell. As you point out, it is hardly unusually for people to describe a divorce as hell. Even people who get through it basically unscathed often describe it as such. Another comment was about how wrong it was for her to describe her divorce as torturous. I guess because it diminishes the actual victims of real torture? I guess I'm a horrible person as well.  Just got back from a business trip that was long and hard and took months of preparation, and I told my husband the whole thing had been torture. Luckily I'm allowed to say things like this because I'm not Beth and no one thinks I intend to sound like I've actually been physically tortured.  

I disagree.  IIRC, she has also said it was the worst divorce experience ever!  Her typical hyperbole.  Maybe if she didn't exaggerate all the time, it wouldn't bother people.  Some of us, especially the children of divorce, also wonder about the effect on their daughter of her bad-mouthing her daughter's father all the time.

she is certainly not the only person in the world who has done this, but I think she is the only HW in the NY show who does, and that's what we're discussing.

YMMV

• Love 11
4 hours ago, LIMOM said:

I got that she sold the diamond.

Did you get the same impression?

Why couldn't she just say that?  Why does Ms. Brutally Honest have to ALWAYS be so cagey with the truth?  She really didn't sound all that different from Gretchen when Satan Andy was questioning her at some OC reunion a billion years ago (or maybe 5) about who paid for her engagement ring.  Dodging & avoiding, dodging & avoiding.  Wendy asked her directly where the ring is.  Did she answer directly?  Um, no.  Just dodging & avoiding, dodging & avoiding.  Way to go, Ms. Brutally Honest.  Why not just hop aboard the same bullshit train Gretchen lives her life on?  Uh, Betheliar already has.

I was wondering why she looked so awful on Wendy.  Too tight closeups & harsh lighting?  Maybe.  The short stick-straight hair is too unflattering & looks way, way, way too hard on an already super hard-looking mug?  Could be.  Or is it because she went too far, slicing off way too much nose (uh, excuse me, maybe shooting botox up her nose to shrink it, as she claims she's done on her jaw) and it leaves her face looking hollow & bug-eyed in an unattractive way?

So are all of Dennis's children adults?  Bethenny as a step-mom?  Ugh, I just skeered myself.  Brrrrrr.  Having a step-mom who might call you a slut or a whore or a fuckdoll on a regular basis sounds like oodles of fun.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Otherkate said:

I don't know why anyone questions why Bethenny still does the show with all her money. She is completely addicted to fame. I don't think there needs to be another reason. 

But there is another reason.  It's also free commercial time for SkinnyGirl -- and that's a big deal.  And it's why she would NEVER in a zillion years walk away from the show at this point -- or at least not without a signed deal for another show on Bravo, along a commitment for her to come back to this show if it doesn't work out.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Mrs peel said:

I disagree.  IIRC, she has also said it was the worst divorce experience ever!  Her typical hyperbole.  Maybe if she didn't exaggerate all the time, it wouldn't bother people.  Some of us, especially the children of divorce, also wonder about the effect on their daughter of her bad-mouthing her daughter's father all the time.

she is certainly not the only person in the world who has done this, but I think she is the only HW in the NY show who does, and that's what we're discussing.

YMMV

I was responding specifically to someone who had a problem with her saying her divorce was hell, but yes she does speak in hyperbole. I speak that way too - a lot of people do. 

I do agree with your point about the effect on their daughter. I happen to think Jason is a damp washcloth who loved getting his hands on her money, but I think divorced parents should make every effort to speak only in a positive manner about the other person in situations where the children will be able to hear, or in this case, read. It's not for his sake, but for their daughter. In other words, I can say what I want about Jason, but she should really keep it civil in public. In a bar with her girlfriends, let it all go. 

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, Otherkate said:

I was responding specifically to someone who had a problem with her saying her divorce was hell, but yes she does speak in hyperbole. I speak that way too - a lot of people do. 

I do agree with your point about the effect on their daughter. I happen to think Jason is a damp washcloth who loved getting his hands on her money, but I think divorced parents should make every effort to speak only in a positive manner about the other person in situations where the children will be able to hear, or in this case, read. It's not for his sake, but for their daughter. In other words, I can say what I want about Jason, but she should really keep it civil in public. In a bar with her girlfriends, let it all go. 

Because he chose to shut the fuck up, he became, in my eyes the better parent.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Mrs peel said:

YMMV

Most people do this. People on the NY show do it.  Didn't Lu say the stuff with Tom was the worst thing she had ever been through?   Doesn't anyone think getting the email from the Count saying their sham of a marriage was over might have been worse? Maybe not to her. Maybe it would have been to me, but I have no problem with her thinking that,  since she is the one who is living it. Even she had to admit then that the thing with the Pirate might have been worse. So yes, they all do it. To Beth, her divorce experience was the worst ever. Tits on an ant.  I guess because there are so many bigger things that Beth does and says that are strange, it just gets lost when people focus so much on the meaningless. I'm sure she loves it though. She is a famewhore, and every single time a person clicks on a link that takes them to an article about Beth, that is documented as a media impression. She has to love the fact that every word out of her mouth causes such a stir and that people are paying such close attention. Lu on the other hand did an interview 2 days ago and no one has linked to it at all. No comments about how happy she is as she continues to plan for her wedding. I'm sure she would love to get half of the attention Beth does simply by calling her divorce "hell". 

I agree with you about the stuff with her daughter. I think she has behaved at times horribly, and certainly believe Jason has as well. One of the two of them should have put their daughter first long ago. 

• Love 5
49 minutes ago, Otherkate said:

She may want to rethink that stance after the Tom/Bunny photos were sent to her. Someone just might have a cell phone recording her bad mouthing Jason and release it to Luann or to the press. LOL Honestly though,  I really doubt that Bethenny knows how to filter herself even around Bryn about anything, including spewing her hatred of Bryn's father around her.

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Most people do this. People on the NY show do it.  Didn't Lu say the stuff with Tom was the worst thing she had ever been through?   Doesn't anyone think getting the email from the Count saying their sham of a marriage was over might have been worse? Maybe not to her. Maybe it would have been to me, but I have no problem with her thinking that,  since she is the one who is living it. Even she had to admit then that the thing with the Pirate might have been worse. So yes, they all do it. To Beth, her divorce experience was the worst ever. Tits on an ant.  I guess because there are so many bigger things that Beth does and says that are strange, it just gets lost when people focus so much on the meaningless. I'm sure she loves it though. She is a famewhore, and every single time a person clicks on a link that takes them to an article about Beth, that is documented as a media impression. She has to love the fact that every word out of her mouth causes such a stir and that people are paying such close attention. Lu on the other hand did an interview 2 days ago and no one has linked to it at all. No comments about how happy she is as she continues to plan for her wedding. I'm sure she would love to get half of the attention Beth does simply by calling her divorce "hell". 

I agree with you about the stuff with her daughter. I think she has behaved at times horribly, and certainly believe Jason has as well. One of the two of them should have put their daughter first long ago. 

Well, we do know that Jason has never bad mouthed Bethenny in the press, not once. The only "negative" comments were from his lawyer and they were taken directly from court documents. Sooooooo, IMO, he has put their daughter first.

• Love 18

It's also free commercial time for SkinnyGirl -- and that's a big deal.

I question how free it really is, and if she isn't paying for some of the advertising. That shit is shown or mentioned in virtually every scene, with even the other ladies going out of their way to showcase the stuff as if their paychecks partially depended on it.

Does she really deny not having any plastic surgery, with that Ginsu'd nose and those grapefruit tits? LOL. I would bet she got those bangs to hide other work, too.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, LIMOM said:

I got that she sold the diamond.

Did you get the same impression?

I remember watching Bethenny and Jason at the jeweler some time after Bryn was born; they were looking at some pieces and all of a sudden Bethenny is like 'okay - time to upgrade the ring!'. Jason looked gobsmacked and I had an almost KKB "Bethenny - STAAHP!" reaction. I know it's just jewelry but for me it kind of crystallized why the marriage turned sideways so quickly. Bethenny makes it clear that sentimentality, tradition, etc. mean nothing to her and it's her image/name on the booze, books, etc. She has the cash to change her wedding ring (or band) a year after the wedding so why not? I do not believe this was a twisted plot to wield her evil powers, but I do think there's got to be some reflection on your actions once you're part of a couple.

Oy with the books already. *Full disclosure - I loathe almost all the HWs for calling themselves "authors" with the exception of Carole (who had a career before RH) and Lisa VDP (because her shepherd's pie recipe is actually pretty good).* Bethenny had a very splashy expensive wedding at a high-profile LA location. That marriage lasted less than a year because the groom loved her but she didn't love him. Then she had another splashy expensive wedding at a high-profile NY location. That marriage lasted less than three years because the groom was a thief/monster/a-hole.  What am I going to learn from this book? How to get my deceptions and failures televised?

And I think this is what truly steams me about Bethenny and what keeps me posting about her - her entire living (like so many before her) is made from telling other women they need to be thinner and younger. They need to be advised. They need scolding. She's just being honest!

• Love 15
5 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

She is just like Jill Zarin. A materialistic Princess from Long Island.

Their similarities struck me so clearly watching Bethenny last season. But one thing I believe Jill is sincere about is her family. No matter her narcissistic tendencies she always seemed to have time for Ally, Bobby and Bobby's kids. If B ends up with this Dennis guy...well, I guess she can keep his kids around to establish alibis?

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

She is just like Jill Zarin. A materialistic Princess from Long Island.

Nahhh, at this point, Bethenny has surpassed any "Princess" like behavior Jill ever showed us, in fact, she makes Jill look like a failure in the wannabe Princess department. LOL

• Love 4

Not to seem like I pick at Bethenny's words but at some point she needs to pick a lane.  Before Skinnygirl, (when she was Bethenny Bakes) she was all about the real in food and no packaged foods with labels. 

From Bethenny's book Naturally Thin, published March 2009:

"Real food doesn't come in a package.  It doesn't have a label.  And it's obvious, when you look at it, what it is: a banana, a chicken, a freshly baked loaf of bread. . . .  

https://books.google.com/books?id=LMIY_h9AwI0C&pg=PA114&lpg=PA114&dq=real+food+doesn't+come+in+a+package.++It+doesn't+have+a+label&source=bl&ots=abndmWzWPl&sig=-RTYLuIVGKAu9OkneuWT8oKu_s4&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj5vbbEpqbPAhWG2R4KHQy8BcgQ6AEINjAH#v=onepage&q=real food doesn't come in a package. It doesn't have a label&f=false

the-brilliant-story-behind-bethenny-fran

Bethenny Frankel today.  Seems like a lot of packaging and labelling and processing to me.

From Bethenny's wedding vows, March 2010:

"The sum of us is greater than out parts."

This week is, "this isn't Jerry McGuire, I don't need someone to complete me." 

And she speaks of the hypocrisy if others?  I would not mind if she changed lanes but damn lady don't go after others.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Well, we do know that Jason has never bad mouthed Bethenny in the press, not once. The only "negative" comments were from his lawyer and they were taken directly from court documents. Sooooooo, IMO, he has put their daughter first.

I haven't paid enough attention to the specifics to know who has said what in the press.  What I am sure of is that talking or not talking to the press isn't the only measure of how someone behaves in a divorce with regard to their children.  I know plenty of folks who have behaved deplorably during a divorce and it had nothing to do with the press. I have zero doubt there has been plenty of blame to go around with these two. 

• Love 6
43 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Not to seem like I pick at Bethenny's words but at some point she needs to pick a lane.  Before Skinnygirl, (when she was Bethenny Bakes) she was all about the real in food and no packaged foods with labels. 

From Bethenny's book Naturally Thin, published March 2009:

"Real food doesn't come in a package.  It doesn't have a label.  And it's obvious, when you look at it, what it is: a banana, a chicken, a freshly baked loaf of bread. . . .  

https://books.google.com/books?id=LMIY_h9AwI0C&pg=PA114&lpg=PA114&dq=real+food+doesn't+come+in+a+package.++It+doesn't+have+a+label&source=bl&ots=abndmWzWPl&sig=-RTYLuIVGKAu9OkneuWT8oKu_s4&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj5vbbEpqbPAhWG2R4KHQy8BcgQ6AEINjAH#v=onepage&q=real food doesn't come in a package. It doesn't have a label&f=false

the-brilliant-story-behind-bethenny-fran

Bethenny Frankel today.  Seems like a lot of packaging and labelling and processing to me.

From Bethenny's wedding vows, March 2010:

"The sum of us is greater than out parts."

This week is, "this isn't Jerry McGuire, I don't need someone to complete me." 

And she speaks of the hypocrisy if others?  I would not mind if she changed lanes but damn lady don't go after others.

She caters to morons.

so she is fine.

• Love 6
45 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I haven't paid enough attention to the specifics to know who has said what in the press.  What I am sure of is that talking or not talking to the press isn't the only measure of how someone behaves in a divorce with regard to their children.  I know plenty of folks who have behaved deplorably during a divorce and it had nothing to do with the press. I have zero doubt there has been plenty of blame to go around with these two. 

Of course, anything is possible but we do know for a fact that Bethenny bad mouthed Jason in the press herself, not just her 'team" but her. The same can not be said of Jason or his "team". Sooooooo, the only evidence we have to go by is her actual conduct and his lack of sound bites/press comments.

23 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

http://www.realitytea.com/2016/09/23/bethenny-frankels-nyc-apartment-building-receive-bomb-threat/

Oh for crap's sake-this feels like another Lost at Sea moment. 

Why would one run towards the danger instead of away?  If they were evacuating her building (questionable) why would she go towards it?  I thought Jules was creative in getting out of eating a meal.

Speaking about the Lost at Sea deal, why would you want your husband, who you know gets Sea Sick, to go on a sailing marriage therapy excursion to begin with? Who does that to someone they love and then spend a good amount of time complaining the loved one did in fact get sea sick?

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 16
On 9/20/2016 at 9:34 AM, steelcitysister said:

I'm not a fan of either Beth or Lu but you make some great points, which I've bolded for universal enjoyment (or in Lu-speak All's enjoyment).

I thought they were great points as well.  

• Love 2
On 9/20/2016 at 4:00 PM, stewedsquash said:

I recorded it! Hope it is good!

I realize this is OT but it was good if a bit uneven.  I am giving it another whirl.

When it comes to giving B kadooz for her success or trying to discount it because she had help, well what successful business hasn't had help?  I think Lu and any of the others would KILL to have their little pet projects do as well as hers have done.  Frankly I thought the Skinny Girl Margarita was awful and I wasn't inclined to try any of the others but someone must dig it.

• Love 5
46 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I realize this is OT but it was good if a bit uneven.  I am giving it another whirl.

When it comes to giving B kadooz for her success or trying to discount it because she had help, well what successful business hasn't had help?  I think Lu and any of the others would KILL to have their little pet projects do as well as hers have done.  Frankly I thought the Skinny Girl Margarita was awful and I wasn't inclined to try any of the others but someone must dig it.

Maybe just once she might want to give a nod that her original exposure involved an ensemble cast.  Just a little nod-not bobblehead knock her block off nod.

I think they have all been supportive-even after this bear of a season when some Hamptons magazine did an interview of Luann and her favorite Hamptons places, when they asked about her favorite drink one of the two she mentioned was "Skinnygirl Margarita".   So of course people want the same success as she has enjoyed. 

• Love 7

Beth has said on RHNY that she hates her mother.  She has said her stepfather was unstable and psychotic.  She claims her father abandoned her at age four but wasn't he paying for her first NY apartment?  She always had disdain for her daughter's paternal grandparents.  What did she say in the limo about Jason's family when she thought she could die in surgery.  She emasculated her husband and father of her child during their marriage and after...on camera.  The only one she has left familywise is her daughter. 

It certainly looks to me like there is a pattern here.  Beth sees herself as the victim and the fact is that she has no family because she has unattainable expectations of other people.  She had the worst childhood.  She was so broke but yet she had a cleaning lady.  Jason had no integrity and stole from her.  Her divorce was the worst ever.  It was the divorce from hell.  It was tortuous.  She had the worst fibroids in the world.  She was bleeding out of every part of her body.  She might die during surgery because it was suggested to have a Medical Power of Attorney.  'Everything' that happens to Beth is worse.   Sure, people sometimes use hyperbole when talking but Beth uses hyperbole about everything she goes through.  I wouldn't even call it hyperbole.  It's exaggerating for sympathy.  It's lying because Beth needs to be a victim.

Beth was infuriated that her mother defended herself.  Jason and his parents haven't said a word but Beth continues to attack them.  She's written a book about relationships but she hasn't had any successful ones.  Now she on tour talking about her divorce and has hinted about writing a book but yet she managed to let her own divorce drag out for three and a half years (sorry Beth, it wasn't four).  

Bottom line for me is that Bethenny Frankel loves celebrity more than any relationship be it her family or a relationship.  She thinks her daughter won't ever know about the things that she has said about this little girl's father.  It's gonna be gone from the internet in ten years according to Beth.  You've got to wonder what is going to happen with Bryn down the road.  Sadly, I think Beth would sell her out as well eventually.   

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 20
12 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Most people do this. People on the NY show do it.  Didn't Lu say the stuff with Tom was the worst thing she had ever been through?   Doesn't anyone think getting the email from the Count saying their sham of a marriage was over might have been worse? (snip just for space)

But (and regardless of which personal event was the most damaging to Luann) there's a big difference between the hyperbole in "Worst thing I'VE ever been through" vs "Worst thing ever". The hyperbole in the second is self aggrandizing  and that's why, imo, Frankel's hyperbolic comments catch the ear of so many people. Hyperbole can be funny or self deprecating or  hostile, but when it's always consistently self aggrandizing -- Trumpian -- that's a red flag. And I bet Luann is delighted nobody's going after her on social media the way people have reacted to Frankel's  slut shaming, body policing and derisive attitude about Jules, Sonja, Tom, etc -- Bethenny would have to be beyond profoundly damaged to be happy about that kind of attention.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 13

I think looking at Luann's retrospective of her life is a good view of Luann's use of hyperbole. There wasn't much. She even admitted to having crabs with a laugh. Shit happened with the Count and she has a good relationship with him. Even on screen at the massage/zen parlor with Kelly, she said, "When they're ready to move on, they move on fast." I am sure in the moment, Luann said, "This is the worst thing ever." But in retrospect, she pulls it in which is probably more along the norm for most people.  In the moment of a traumatic event, most people will think along hyperbolic lines because it usually is "The Worst Thing" going on in their lives.

I think Bethenny can't let go of things being terrible and constantly has to remind people of how bad things were/are/are going to be. She has a flare for the hyperbolic/dramatic and doesn't let it go.  It's attention seeking behavior. I think she probably gets a lot of eye rolls in real life.  Ramona even gave her a few on the couch on the reunion.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, NewDigs said:

bethenny-drinking-shaking-rhony.gif?w=68

My partners are serious about responsible drinking.  They don't fool around.  Nothing says responsible drinking and brand imaging like turning to alcohol in a stressful situation, drinking straight from the bottle or the shakey "need a drink" hand.

• Love 14
18 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

http://www.realitytea.com/2016/09/23/bethenny-frankels-nyc-apartment-building-receive-bomb-threat/

Oh for crap's sake-this feels like another Lost at Sea moment. 

Why would one run towards the danger instead of away?  If they were evacuating her building (questionable) why would she go towards it?  I thought Jules was creative in getting out of eating a meal.

Ah yes, Lost at Sea.  Another example of Beth's 'hyperbole'.  Even the author of this article written in 2011 says:

Bethenny has built an empire on hyperbole.  The truth is fragile, and when you don’t attend to it, it shatters. It’s just a matter of time, and while we wait to see what happens, I will continue to call her out, pass on the Kool-Aid, and give a voice to those who are keeping it real.

http://www.jewishjournal.com/keepingitreal/item/bethenny_frankel_is_drowing_in_lies_not_lost_at_sea_20111005/

• Love 5

The author of that article was an avowed Bethenny hater who was obsessed with taking her down for a long time. She absolutely worshipped Jill Zarin and never missed a chance to criticize Bethenny. She was hardly an unbiased journalist, and not a person who should be cited as any kind of authority.

I mean she even mentions she's on a vendetta, lol. Complete whack job. Didn't the website she worked for finally put a stop to her blogging about the show altogether because it just got too nutty?

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

The author of that article was an avowed Bethenny hater who was obsessed with taking her down for a long time. She absolutely worshipped Jill Zarin and never missed a chance to criticize Bethenny. She was hardly an unbiased journalist, and not a person who should be cited as any kind of authority.

I mean she even mentions she's on a vendetta, lol. Complete whack job. Didn't the website she worked for finally put a stop to her blogging about the show altogether because it just got too nutty?

No she still blogs but it is almost unreadable.  She is not always accurate and it is her blog so I guess she is entitled to her bias. She really disliked Jules this year.  My favorite thing is after going after Leann Rimes and Eddie Cibrian for years, she decided to attend a concert of Leann's and the gate recognized her and turned her away and didn't refund her tickets.  She tweeted, she wrote blogs and in the end no one really cared.

So I do  not find her compelling reading at all. 

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Ah yes, Lost at Sea.  Another example of Beth's 'hyperbole'.  Even the author of this article written in 2011 says:

Bethenny has built an empire on hyperbole.  The truth is fragile, and when you don’t attend to it, it shatters. It’s just a matter of time, and while we wait to see what happens, I will continue to call her out, pass on the Kool-Aid, and give a voice to those who are keeping it real.

http://www.jewishjournal.com/keepingitreal/item/bethenny_frankel_is_drowing_in_lies_not_lost_at_sea_20111005/

I felt for the guy and I just hate when someone man or woman acts as if giving them sex is such a big reward-no thought about the other person's family.  Obviously Bethenny got caught in a huge lie. Shame on the therapist both as a therapist and a sailor.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Yes, IA is a nut who goes overboard when she likes/dislikes 1 particular HW, she is an OTT fan/supporter of Brandi's (BH). LOL That said, the "Lost at Sea" lie was exposed by several bloggers, not just IA, and was exposed before Bethenny talked about it on Ellen's show. Which is why Ellen brought it up in the first place, so that Bethenny could repair any damage the lie caused before her new talk show, sponsored by Ellen, started.

So, Yes, IA hates Bethenny with a twisted passion but IA was not lying, Bethenny was the Liar, "Lost at Sea" was a Bethenny/production prank/lie done to make Bethenny once again look like a survivor. LOL

Just an added note, who schedules a sailing therapy trip when your spouse get violently seas sick? How is that supposed to "help" save ones marriage? That should have been Jason's clue that Bethenny would sacrifice anyone for camera time.  

• Love 10
18 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Just an added note,

who schedules a sailing therapy trip when your spouse get violently seas sick?

How is that supposed to "help" save ones marriage? That should have been Jason's clue that Bethenny would sacrifice anyone for camera time.  

The same person who picks up her young daughter wearing this?

image.jpeg

I'm not a prude and I love me some fun tees but I usually buy the ones that are, I dunno, inoffensive? And more current. I guess she could have been wearing a "zero fucks" shirt. That would really wow the other moms at school pickups.

Wonder if she wore that to pick up Bryn at Jason's. How appropriate. That's one angry slogan. 

• Love 12

IA may hate Beth but that really doesn't change what Tim Russell is saying.  The fact is that if you can give your coordinates to the Coast Guard and the towing company, you have GPS unless you have knowledge of celestial navigation (which is not a common knowledge among most captains, etc. today).  And if one does it would mean they have charts on board which would enable you to get the boat to port.  Same is true if you had GPS and had charts, you could get the boat to port.

Here's some points that some might find boring but I'll share.  I know quite a bit about sailboats.  The rest of my family knows even more.  Dr. Amador stated that his 'nav' stopped working (that's 'navigation' system) which is his computerized charts and GPS that also works with his depth gage which was fine and auto pilot which could also be fine).  Yep, that can happen.  However, as Russell said, he had GPS and charts.  Amador obviously had GPS (he knew the position of his boat) and as a sailor for thirty years, I would think that Amador had charts on the boat.  You make sure you have them when you travel in large areas and distances that have shoals, etc.  You can mark your position on your chart and plot a course.  As for GPS, our boat has a 'nav' but any smart sailor has a back up (especially when you're far from shore).  We have a handheld back up GPS with charts, water depths, etc.  Just in case.  Amador is tooling around with a duel wheel Beneteau which has to be around at least 40 to 50 feet long.  Add to this, you can get your satellite  position off your cell phone with the correct app.  No cell tower needed.  Your phone doesn't transmit to the satellite but it does receive from the satellite.  And, I would think he had a satellite phone - many of which can also have a GPS.

So what happened?  Amador headed a little two far east and was close to the shoals off of eastern Nantucket.  Something was said about the water depth.  Those shoals are very dangerous and I think he panicked a bit and called the Coast Guard.  The Coast Guard was picking up the boat on their radar or GPS (too much to explain) and said they were ok and would keep an eye on them (Amador said to Beth and Jason that he changed course and was going south.  I don't understand why he didn't head southwest).  They could call Tow Boat or another service to get them in if they wanted to.  No rescue needed.

They were never lost at sea.  I think Amador got overwhelmed and I have a feeling that Beth was giving him an earful and a lot of stress off camera about getting to Nantucket.     Beth spun all this into they were lost at sea because that's what Bethenny Frankel does.  They weren't.  Of course, afterward, Beth went on with the traumatic hyperboles.  The boat got hit by a wave.  Yeah, that can happen.  Some of the film they took got wet.  Yeah, that can happen.  You're on a sailboat.  That can happen in Long Island Sound or the Hudson River or Sandy Hook Bay and most bodies of water.  I know.  Been there.  Done that.  It's part of sailing.  And I'm not talking about big waves here.  Chop and small waves.

After all this, Amador was greatly embarrassed and rightly so as a sailor who has been doing this for thirty years. And BTW, GPS has only been around since 1995 so Amador should be well familiar with skippering a boat without GPS.

Kissing the dock.  Of course it was staged.  And thank you Tim Russell for telling your story.  Too bad Beth immediately went for the gag order.  Hm.  When you dispute Bethenny Frankel and 'her' truth, she'll do anything to shut you up.

Lastly (yeah, I know TMI), I remember when Beth went on the Ellen Show to tell her tale and Ellen was giving her the side eye on all this.

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

At least, it's not called Yummy Girl ou Skinny Tummy...

I can't with this.... thing* !

*ETA : no, I don't consider her (EDIT #2 = Bethenny, sorry) as a woman, as it will be an insult to most of us !

Edited by Diane Mars
Clarification
  • Love 3

In "The Good Place," a new comedy about the afterlife, the main character asks how she died.  The answer involved her getting run over by shopping carts as she reached for "Lonely Girl Margarita Mix." I genuinely laughed out loud at the image, and at wondering how Bethenny would react.  Maybe she'd call it a cheater brand or rush out to trademark it.

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, stewedsquash said:

@Diane Mars   your "I can't" and your *ETA are confusing me.

Yes to what you said about the name. I think YummieTummie is the worst name ever. I cringe whenever I see it or hear it. Stupid name. But, I did find it in Ross about a year ago and the fabric is deliciously  luxurious! SOOOO soft to the touch! 

eta I bet b's head exploded with the one customer review at that shapewear link!  The customer said:

Love this for my menopausal shape. 5'1" 165 40B XL

Just a FYI, Heather dropped the "Tummy" and her shapewear/clothing line just goes by "Yummie" now. https://www.yummielife.com/

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, stewedsquash said:

@Diane Mars   your "I can't" and your *ETA are confusing me.

Yes to what you said about the name. I think YummieTummie is the worst name ever. I cringe whenever I see it or hear it. Stupid name. But, I did find it in Ross about a year ago and the fabric is deliciously  luxurious! SOOOO soft to the touch! 

eta I bet b's head exploded with the one customer review at that shapewear link!  The customer said:

Love this for my menopausal shape. 5'1" 165 40B XL

I edited my post to clarify, because it wasn't clear at all, lol !

12 minutes ago, stewedsquash said:

Someone else posted somewhere about another RH reference, can't remember where it was posted. I think it referenced Atlanta. I can't wait to find time to watch this show.

That is even worse! Yummy is just a sucky word for a grown as woman product. And that it is spelled wrong is stupid.

Ahhh! Clarity at last! You can't guess how many times something is right over my head anyway and I thought this was one of them. 

The name doesn't bother me because I love, LOVE, her shapewear line. They are wonderful, are comfortable and do their job firming/shaping! LOL

• Love 6
34 minutes ago, stewedsquash said:

Someone else posted somewhere about another RH reference, can't remember where it was posted. I think it referenced Atlanta. I can't wait to find time to watch this show.

That is even worse! Yummy is just a sucky word for a grown ass woman product. And that it is spelled wrong is stupid.

Ahhh! Clarity at last! You can't guess how many times something is right over my head anyway and I thought this was one of them. 

After arriving in The Good Place, the women, who was suppose to be a human rights lawyer (she isn't) it is mentioned her favorite TV Show is "Real Housewives of Atlanta," and her favorite book is Kendall Jenner's Instagram.  This is after dying trying to retrieve her Lonely Girl margarita for one. 

I think Heather could do better than a name like Yummie Tummie or Yummie.  Actually I believe the real name is/was Yummie Tummie by Heather Thomson. 

• Love 2
On 9/24/2016 at 0:29 AM, breezy424 said:

You've got to wonder what is going to happen with Bryn down the road.  Sadly, I think Beth would sell her out as well eventually.   

When the time comes in a few years, maybe ten or whatever, when Bryn stands up to her mother, maybe refuses to do whatever that day's demand is, chooses Thanksgiving with her father, wants to spend time with a friend instead of flying to someplace so her mother needs a photo-op...that's when Bethenny will announce she was betrayed and it won't be good, pretty, forgotten or forgiven.

• Love 10

What goes around comes around. The way Bethenny treats her own mother will inform how her daughter will treat her. The way Jason and his family interact will stand in contrast to Bethenny's interaction with her "family" of personal assistants and limo drivers. You can't hide who you are from your kids. They are nature's detectives. 

Edited by Trooper York
  • Love 12

At least Yummy or Yummie or Yummie Tummy is relatively harmless & inane.  I've always hated that Skinny Girl name & that ridiculous pic which goes along with it.  To me, it enforces an image how women must be young & forever thin & always at the ready for a cocktail or they're worthless.

I know, I know, Heather's brand is actually about women binding themselves in to meet a standard they may or may not be able to EVER attain, but I find Heather's message (in getting her product out there) to be much more positive.  And Heather doesn't have some stick figure in her company's logo, which is supposed to represent what every woman should be -- or want to be.

In the Wendy interview, Wendy was trying to push Bethenny into talking about how her non-relationship with Jason was affecting Bryn.  Bethenny said it was better than having 2 parents fighting with each other.  Um, OK.  That wasn't really answering her question, Ms. Brutally Honest.  She was lamely putting a positive spin on a shitty situation which Bethenny is surely making worse.  I can totally see Bethenny name-calling Jason to Bryn.  Maybe not whore or slut or fuckdoll, but she clearly knows a whole lotta other choice ones.  Ugh, poor Bryn.  Being forced to grow up in the tumult & chaos of SoHo AND have to endure the horror of Bethenny as her mother.  Save her from becoming a wolf, Jason!

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

At least Yummy or Yummie or Yummie Tummy is relatively harmless & inane.  I've always hated that Skinny Girl name & that ridiculous pic which goes along with it.  To me, it enforces an image how women must be young & forever thin & always at the ready for a cocktail or they're worthless.

I know, I know, Heather's brand is actually about women binding themselves in to meet a standard they may or may not be able to EVER attain, but I find Heather's message (in getting her product out there) to be much more positive.  And Heather doesn't have some stick figure in her company's logo, which is supposed to represent what every woman should be -- or want to be.

In the Wendy interview, Wendy was trying to push Bethenny into talking about how her non-relationship with Jason was affecting Bryn.  Bethenny said it was better than having 2 parents fighting with each other.  Um, OK.  That wasn't really answering her question, Ms. Brutally Honest.  She was lamely putting a positive spin on a shitty situation which Bethenny is surely making worse.  I can totally see Bethenny name-calling Jason to Bryn.  Maybe not whore or slut or fuckdoll, but she clearly knows a whole lotta other choice ones.  Ugh, poor Bryn.  Being forced to grow up in the tumult & chaos of SoHo AND have to endure the horror of Bethenny as her mother.  Save her from becoming a wolf, Jason!

Actually, Yummie is designed to help your clothes fit smoother (no lumps/bumps), not to make you 1, 2+ sizes smaller, so they aren't binding at all. Otherwise I would not wear them, the only squeezes I want to feel are the ones I get from my loved ones. LOL I agree, Heather's message is positive and her body hasn't been "enhanced" like others, say Bethenny, Ramona....... LOL

I would like to hope that at some point Bethenny will realize that she is hurting Bryn anytime she talks about Jason or their divorce and starts to keep her mouth shut but I am realistic when it comes to her. Nothing will stop her from chasing that fame she is so addicted to, not even her daughter.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 10