Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

On September 8, 2016 at 8:07 AM, mwell345 said:

The thing is, I don't understand the level of anger.  Yes, I get being sensitive to being accused of dating a married man.  Deny it and move on.  Say something like " I can see why you might think that, but he was separated/divorced when we started dating etc."  But no, we get the dramatic phone call, oh and now she says she almost asked Andy for a lie detector test.

She became unglued and protested way too much and with such fury that she just put fuel on the fire.

She left herself wide open for that anyway and my sense is she knew it was coming so why get all unhinged? 

All season long, she said horrible things about LuAnn (whose children I might add are old enough to watch the show) - Luann was an F-doll, who slept with every man in Manhattan - on and on - did LuAnn lose it at all?  No.

But accuse Bethenny of dating a married man?  She goes ballistic. 

And let's remember, this is to ACCURATELY state that B is dating a married man.  No one is lying, other than B.

3 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Wait, what?  Doesn't every woman & girl over 12 (and drag queen worth her salt in high heels) curl their eyelashes upward?  And this is a tip how?  Please.  You shaved your massive jaw down & got a crappy nose job.  Fess up, & stop feeding us this silly bullshit. 

I think she was saying she put the outer edge of the fake eyelashes above the lash line, so the outer edge of her eyes appeared to be higher than in reality?  But I don't wear false eyelashes so didn't really follow it.

why do the RH wear such obviously fake eyelashes?  They really do look stupid.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

an eye lift without surgery!

The eyebrows are a problem. They are too elevated...and they pass the outer corner of her eye. And when she has her mouth open, you can see the cheek implants...they are immobile, so not filler. 

Seriously, I have nothing against good, subtle plastic surgery. For an example, look at Katie Couric...she "freshened" her look before heading back to work, and it was a refined, sensitively done job that kept her distinctive look. Bravo. Bethy has that kind of money, and she could certainly scope out a surgeon known for subtle work. Why this generic effort...it looks as if it were done under the direction of Roger Ailes. She no longer looks distinctive...as I mentioned, she now has that tribal look of a woman  of a certain age with a lot of money. She is erasing herself...not easing some of the effects of age.

• Love 6

Ha! Ms Zero Fucks to Give sure cares about what Luanne says: ever since the 'you copied my haircut' comment Beth has been madly scrambling to change her hairdo! The current 'do' ^^^ looks ridiculous on her. Although maybe it's the squirrel cheeks that make her look the most ridiculous?!

eta. I dislike myself for posting comments about someone's appearance...but then I remember that it's Beth and I'm commenting on her choices not her birth given features and I feel better about myself again!

Edited by CrinkleCutCat
  • Love 8
29 minutes ago, Mrs peel said:

And let's remember, this is to ACCURATELY state that B is dating a married man.  No one is lying, other than B.

I think she was saying she put the outer edge of the fake eyelashes above the lash line, so the outer edge of her eyes appeared to be higher than in reality?  But I don't wear false eyelashes so didn't really follow it.

why do the RH wear such obviously fake eyelashes?  They really do look stupid.

It doesn't count that he is legally married because according to his daughter, Bethenny never saw/visited/had sex with him in the marital home on Long Island.   It was a very clever twist on Luann's words.  I don't think anyone was intimating Bethenny was banging him at the family home. For all B's dramatics with the daughter, that is all the daughter really said.

I like Luann's look because she doesn't go overboard with the smoky eye nonsense.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I guess the bang thing didn't work out-is this Bethenny's bridal romper?  Tsk, tsk, white after Labor Day: 

Looks like something from the Countess Collection. (Sorry, LuLu)

"I nvr saw a romper i didn't like"

Please. Didja' look in the mirror?

• Love 6
11 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I guess the bang thing didn't work out-is this Bethenny's bridal romper?  Tsk, tsk, white after Labor Day: 

Wait, that romper isn't white, it's dark blue! No wait, it is white .... no it's blue ...

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 6

I just realized what's made Bethenny's "truth cannon" increasingly insufferable. I liked B in earlier seasons and part of it was that she didn't spare herself from the quips. (Would anyone have liked Joan Rivers if she didn't make jokes at her own expense?)

Since she's been back, Bethenny is perfect - in her own mind. She even hawks I KNOW IT ALL mugs and tees on her Facebook page. The "everyone else has the problem, not me" is standard HW attitude, and it's not Bethenny alone who's guilty - but she doesn't show the same self-deprecation as she did in earlier seasons. The balance is gone.

• Love 11
15 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

She is clearly not looking hard enough, because that looks stupid.  She seems to be overdoing the smokey eye thing too.

• Love 7
On Friday, September 09, 2016 at 11:13 AM, zoeysmom said:

To me it is what do you want to be known for?  Bethenny could have been a great brand ambassador for Skinnygirl, she doesn't have to "light it up", she doesn't have to give unsolicited advice, she doesn't have to take every comment as a personal affront.  Look at LVP from RHOBH, it matters to her what people think of her personally, she truly gets hurt when others call her names.  Granted she has an exploitive mess of a show in Vanderpump Rules, bottom line she wants people to like her and she does bring in ratings on two shows.  She doesn't have to scream profanities, name call to get her point across and she is also protecting her brand.  When Brandi brought too much darkness and rancor to the show she was let go.  As long as Bethnny lives she will always have more money than most of the world but she is rapidly proving, that money can't buy happiness, respect, adulation, and well, class.  (Ducking, ducking.)

If she gives zero fucks about everything, complete with T-Shirts and mugs for sale with the saying, why should anyone care about her.  I feel the same way about Erika Jayne.  If you give zero fucks, have conversations with people on camera about others, why do you care and why should I care, since you give zero fucks.

EXCELLENT POINTS !

• Love 9

Other than the bad boob job, she does have a great body.  With all of her money, how is she not putting in boobs that look more natural?  Or taking that saline or whatever the fuck it is out of her?  If she had more natural looking boobs, that body would be killer.  She could then wear that green low cut jumpsuit that would have looked adorable.  

And what the hell is it with all of these damn jumpsuits and rompers?  Doesn't that make going to the bathroom that much harder?

• Love 3

If the show thinks the Monster is indispensable, it needs to bring in someone to counter her better.  Matt Hesse her buddy with the "nutritional" foodstuffs line is still in bed with her financially, but they had a real odd dynamic back when he was on her 'Ever After Show'*.  He was the type to date anything that he could smugly declare was a "model" or at least model adjacent thhrowe few times I think he was in NYC.  Too bad he is in Denver I think because either having an ex of his when he was hungry for camera time (I think he had a live in girlfriend when the show did that fake date with Julie bit) or having his girlfriend or wife on while the Monster is trying to sell her 'happily ever after' story.  Again. Could make for some interesting episodes in the future.

Considering that Hesse's company I find a bit dubious and could easily and messily collapse.  And that the Monster likely now sees herself as 'up here' and Hesse a bit "down there" despite their partnership, I definitely think the producers in charge of casting (despite what you think Monster, THAT IS NOT YOU!) should keep him on speed dial.  Urge him and his female significant other to move to NYC if his, imo, snake oil company ever fails or Colorado finds it too tawdry and fraud-ish for its standards and ethics and makes it move to an easy commute to Manhattan.    Frankelstein is a creature that doesn't just burn her bridges when it comes to relationships, she sears then down until the piers crack and fall into dust. 

*This was a really odd dynamic for me to watch.  He obviously was (and likely still is) the type that so loves to have women want him.  And the Monster had this weird almost ravening attraction to him.  I'm not sure if it was sexual or that by the time the filming was occurring she was already figuring out her exit plan with Jason and just saw Matt as a really good looking guy who was smarmy and went with women that the Monster herself would think she was not in league with normally.  Throw in that he was also sort of the anti-Jason at that point.  He was running his own business, was her equal or even a little bit higher at the time as her deals were still being worked out and taking their test runs that probably held all kinds of original contingencies contract wise that skinnyhurl had to get over to make it to the next step in payouts.  Jason was a dad and very middle class in a comfortable kind of way in compare once the allure of being on tv seemed to wear off at least a bit.  And Matt was very much the hungry finance sockless rolled up sleeves stud in his own mind if not others that seemed much more assertive than Jason did in any way despite how Jason met the Monster. 

I think the Monster just had a fantasy of Matt wanting her.  There was the weird date with Julie when Julie was so not this guy's incredibly superficial and ego/image type.  Like the Monster was trying to point out during that lunch how Julie was not his type, but she, the Monster,  now was.  And she was giddy when those sno-boarders in Aspen thought she was with Matt and not Jason (I'm still half-convinced she steered them to say that on camera to humiliate Jason and somehow titillate either Matt, her own wishes or both). 

• Love 5

Just started to watch "Watch what happens live" with Beth and Rappaport.

My lord. No. Michael, I've always kinda had a soft spot for you since "Zebrahead", but your admiration for Bethenny? No. You lost me.

(And I actually just turned it off.)

Edited by Lady Grump
  • Love 7

Idk, what's going on with Rap.  Same thing as Carole?  Career has crapped out -- so kiss up to Bethenny (and Satan Andy)?  It's gross enough to watch Carole do it, now this guy too?  Ugh, not for me.  Made me nauseous & I tuned out quick.

So Lu was on WWHL.  Didn't watch the whole thing, but she was asked about the recent piece in the NY Post -- how they were contacted for a story they later said was fake, that Lu did some "unspeakable act" (um, huh?) to Tom in a restroom in The Regency.  The Post said it was rumored to be put forth by either Bethenny or one of her super-fans or one of her worker bees.  Lu's reaction to this?  She said maybe someday they could be friends.  What the what?  Even Satan Andy was puzzled by this totally loopy response.  

She didn't seem to have any anger at all toward Bethenny.  She said she didn't understand the reason for Bethenny's anger toward her.  Sheesh, I was giving Lu a serious side-eye for this shit.  Me thinks phony-baloney Lu wants back next season.  And if she has to spend next season getting beaten senseless every week by Bethenny & screeched at to STFU, she'll submit to it.  Do I feel sorry for Lu?  Not one bit!

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Idk, what's going on with Rap.  Same thing as Carole?  Career has crapped out -- so kiss up to Bethenny (and Satan Andy)?  It's gross enough to watch Carole do it, now this guy too?  Ugh, not for me.  Made me nauseous & I tuned out quick.

So Lu was on WWHL.  Didn't watch the whole thing, but she was asked about the recent piece in the NY Post -- how they were contacted for a story they later said was fake, that Lu did some "unspeakable act" (um, huh?) to Tom in a restroom in The Regency.  The Post said it was rumored to be put forth by either Bethenny or one of her super-fans or one of her worker bees.  Lu's reaction to this?  She said maybe someday they could be friends.  What the what?  Even Satan Andy was puzzled by this totally loopy response.  

She didn't seem to have any anger at all toward Bethenny.  She said she didn't understand the reason for Bethenny's anger toward her.  Sheesh, I was giving Lu a serious side-eye for this shit.  Me thinks phony-baloney Lu wants back next season.  And if she has to spend next season getting beaten senseless every week by Bethenny & screeched at to STFU, she'll submit to it.  Do I feel sorry for Lu?  Not one bit!

I think Luann is just being oppositional to Bethenny's scorched earth stance.  In eight years she has never had a hate-hate relationship with any RH.  Luann didn't do her smart ass twitter stuff well against Carole.  Luann did essentially the same thing after the smackdown in the Berkshires.  She just plows through.  Now it is Bethenny's court to keep the feud rolling.

• Love 10

Re: the Post remark, I took it to mean friends with whoever (Bethy) leaked the "unspeakable act" story. And how low and mean was that? 

Not fighting back seems to make B even crazier. 

I kind of like LuLu's approach.

And that poll was so rigged. If B had enough fans to really win that poll we'd see Bethy fan-forums. Instead she needs to regularly purge negativity from her SM accts. And she missed a few on her IG. Time to flog a minion! And she can't remove the overwhelming negativity from the various articles' comments.

• Love 10

And that poll was so rigged. If B had enough fans to really win that poll we'd see Bethy fan-forums. Instead she needs to regularly purge negativity from her SM accts. And she missed a few on her IG. Time to flog a minion! And she can't remove the overwhelming negativity from the various articles' comments.'

She has those.  It's called her social media accounts.  Once forums like this go crazy negative people that are positive just walk away.  No one wants to get into a big shouting match.  I know that since the first bottle of Skinny Girl people have said it would crash and burn because it didn't taste like a 350 calorie margarita. I was always like, so?  Turkey bacon doesn't taste like bacon either.  It's choices people make.  I don't like the original, in the bottle or mixed at the bar.  I like the spicy but it's not a big frozen cadillac margarita.  The watermelon is excellent.  The SG line keeps selling and expanding.  So news of its death 6 years ago seems incorrect.  So those 70%+ folks are out there.  Kate mentioned how well liked Bethenny was.  So there is a whole world of people that like or don't know who she is and they buy her booze.

I liken it to the Kardashian's.  They make me crazy.  But there are millions of people out there buying their shows, products and lifestyle.  So, it is what it is.  If I go to a show forum its negative, negative, negative.

I always figure this forum or that forum is just a little group and not the whole big world.  The poll wasn't rigged.  I asked at a dinner last week.  I got all kinds of responses but none were negative.  One person who did not know much about her 'always' has a bottle of SG original margarita in her frig.  So there you go.  Big world outside of the online community.

Edited by QuinnM
  • Love 6
11 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

She has those.  It's called her social media accounts.  Once forums like this go crazy negative people that are positive just walk away.  No one wants to get into a big shouting match. 

Yes. It's hard to stay when things get tilted SO far in one direction, especially if you're not willing to have the same argument over and over. And over. It's just not fun. I doubt that Michael Rappaport is looking at Bethenny to bump his career. First of all, he's kind of a nut and second of all, there are people out there who actually do enjoy watching her. I'm one of them and as far as I know, no one is looking to put me into a mental institution, nor are they concerned about my intellectual abilities. We exist. I also enjoy watching Ramona, a horrid human being who I would never want in my life. She makes me laugh, though. I like all of these women, flaws and all. Bethenny still makes me laugh and I appreciate the fact that she's pretty smart. Can I see her flaws? YUP. Do I still like watching her? Personally, yes. I watch her snapchat most days too. 

• Love 5

So Bethy's fans are all concentrated in B's social media presence?

And there has been no tide-turning of readers' comments at online articles?  The fans just remove themselves? 

I can see that to a degree but am still surprised, and not in total belief, that that's the whole story.

• Love 1

Honestly, NewDigs, I think there are many who may have changed their minds about Bethenny, but also many who still like her, but don't say so in these threads because positive Bethenny comments are often quoted and replied to with a bunch of negative comments; and it is trying (for some) to respond to those.  

Just a hunch ;)

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Jel said:

Honestly, NewDigs, I think there are many who may have changed their minds about Bethenny, but also many who still like her, but don't say so in these threads because positive Bethenny comments are often quoted and replied to with a bunch of negative comments; and it is trying (for some) to respond to those.  

Just a hunch ;)

I get that.

What I was more wondering was why the tide was seemingly turning anti-Bethy in the comments sections after online articles. And why her increasing need to purge negative comments from her SM?

I don't necessarily agree with the idea that B has managed to maintain the fanbase she had. I see more, I used to be her fan!, comments than, I love her this season. 

If fans feel forced from the forums do they just post on her SM? 'Cuz seems I've seen a little more negativity there too.

I don't disagree she has fans. I disagree with how many there are.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, NewDigs said:

I get that.

What I was more wondering was why the tide was seemingly turning anti-Bethy in the comments sections after online articles. And why her increasing need to purge negative comments from her SM?

I don't necessarily agree with the idea that B has managed to maintain the fanbase she had. I see more, I used to be her fan!, comments than, I love her this season. 

If fans feel forced from the forums do they just post on her SM? 'Cuz seems I've seen a little more negativity there too.

Ah, I see. I don't follow any of these women on social media, and I only occasionally read online articles, so I can only really speculate about these forums.  

I don't know if fans feel forced from these forums, maybe some have moved on or maybe they are just not posting about her?

Ah, I see. I don't follow any of these women on social media, and I only occasionally read online articles, so I can only really speculate about these forums.  

Everyone purges the negative.  Bethenny pointed out that if you only have one follower and are posting negative comments - no one believes you anyway.  I follow Bethenny on snap, Bethenny and Dorinda on instagram.  I don't like twitter cuz they bombard me with tweets during live shows.  Dorinda retweets every nice thing tweeted to her.  Yawn.  I follow the instagram because in the summer I get good house porn in the Hamptons and that gorgeous place of Dorindas.  I might pull the plug on snap with Bethenny but I'm hoping for renovation porn when she starts her new apartment.  I can say that on snap - Bethenny has lots of friends of all shapes and sizes. 

I think you could write a doctoral thesis on how social media turns.  It was Brietbart (sp?) that started the really ugly screed against Lesley Jones.  Why did people jump on that band wagon?  I notice that during a WWHL Andy's feed is always a little of this and a little of that.  Then 24  hours later millions sign on to say hateful things.  Why the wait?

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, NewDigs said:

I get that.

I follow her there, but never comment. I think people usually comment if they're either SUPER fans or if they hate the person. I think most celebs would tell you that Instagram etc. are havens for commenters who hate them. That's why it was such a big deal for Instagram to roll out comment controls for celebrities. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, QuinnM said:

She has those.  It's called her social media accounts.  Once forums like this go crazy negative people that are positive just walk away.  No one wants to get into a big shouting match.  I know that since the first bottle of Skinny Girl people have said it would crash and burn because it didn't taste like a 350 calorie margarita. I was always like, so?  Turkey bacon doesn't taste like bacon either.  It's choices people make.  I don't like the original, in the bottle or mixed at the bar.  I like the spicy but it's not a big frozen cadillac margarita.  The watermelon is excellent.  The SG line keeps selling and expanding.  So news of its death 6 years ago seems incorrect.  So those 70%+ folks are out there.  Kate mentioned how well liked Bethenny was.  So there is a whole world of people that like or don't know who she is and they buy her booze.

I liken it to the Kardashian's.  They make me crazy.  But there are millions of people out there buying their shows, products and lifestyle.  So, it is what it is.  If I go to a show forum its negative, negative, negative.

I always figure this forum or that forum is just a little group and not the whole big world.  The poll wasn't rigged.  I asked at a dinner last week.  I got all kinds of responses but none were negative.  One person who did not know much about her 'always' has a bottle of SG original margarita in her frig.  So there you go.  Big world outside of the online community.

I do think Bethenny struck gold with females with her portion controlled, low calorie food and beverages.  She sold at the perfect time and it is her brand to screw up now. 

I do not get Kardashian love.  The only one I liked were Kendall and her dad.  That situation seems to have changed pertaining to the show. I wish kendall well in her modeling career and I hope she doesn't make the idiot mistakes romance wise her sister and half-sisters do.

When Kate started weighing in I thought  she is truly early Bethenny, the Greel chorus, clever at times, biting and knows who to suck up to-in her case Captain Lee, and she does damage control well..  I don't think she likes much about the Countess, the only thing nice she really said is the engagement party yacht was a nice yacht.  It is an unfortunate situation as Kate is service provider and Luann is a consumer and they both just happen to be on Bravo reality shows.  SO there is zero commonality between the two.

Anytime someone appears on WWHL and the person is part of a poll question, those with say three social media employees should come out on top in the WWHL polls.  Every month Andy does a Trump vs. Hillary poll and every month the poll is way outside the polls in news media as Trump has an astonishing lead. 

My experience has been similar many people I know still think Bethenny ended up happily ever after, don't pay attention to the show or the fights.  Because I am on the west coast, the Skinnygirl brand doesn't seem to enjoy the same popularity maybe due to the fact California has its own huge wine industry and doesn't need celebrity wine or suggestions.  I have noticed Bethenny rarely does any west coast appearances promoting Skinnygirl.  They seem to be Chicago (home of Jim Beam) and east coast.  The only time I heard a lot of negative feedback about Bethenny is when she did her talk show, and the same people deemed it unwatchable.  So I guess that is where they ended their television relationship with Bethenny.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Everyone purges the negative.  Bethenny pointed out that if you only have one follower and are posting negative comments - no one believes you anyway.  I follow Bethenny on snap, Bethenny and Dorinda on instagram.  I don't like twitter cuz they bombard me with tweets during live shows.  Dorinda retweets every nice thing tweeted to her.  Yawn.  I follow the instagram because in the summer I get good house porn in the Hamptons and that gorgeous place of Dorindas.  I might pull the plug on snap with Bethenny but I'm hoping for renovation porn when she starts her new apartment.  I can say that on snap - Bethenny has lots of friends of all shapes and sizes. 

I think you could write a doctoral thesis on how social media turns.  It was Brietbart (sp?) that started the really ugly screed against Lesley Jones.  Why did people jump on that band wagon?  I notice that during a WWHL Andy's feed is always a little of this and a little of that.  Then 24  hours later millions sign on to say hateful things.  Why the wait?

I have honestly never understood why anyone who dislikes someone would go to that persons SM accounts and go at them, that is just plain crazy behavior IMO. I may not like Bethenny and yes I do read her twitter/Instagram posts but would never, ever, engage with her on it. To be honest, I don't tweet/post anything on any of the HWs SM, even those I do like.

• Love 5

Look, ratings are up & decent and I've heard nothing about poor sales of her brand, so what do negative comments about her -- here or anywhere else even mean? She's always expanding her brand so there's no prob there.  And Bravo seems to be nuts about her, however she is, cuz they're eager to throw millions at her to sign for another season.

In the end, what difference are negative comments gonna make to her brand or her status on Bravo?  Seems like none.  So if some here notice her relentless & endless cruelty & nastiness & meanness & anger & bitterness, as well as her total lack of any humor, it ain't gonna make any diff to her . . . will it?  Uh, no.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 9

In the end, what difference are inegative comments gonna make to her brand or her status on Bravo?  Seems like none.  So if some here notice her relentless & endless cruelty & nastiness & meaness & anger & bitterness, as well as her total lack of any humor, it ain't gonna make any diff to her . . . will it?  Uh, no.

And if some of see something completely different, her wit, her drive, her loyalty, her struggles, it still doesn't make any diff to her.

• Love 1

I admit that she can get off some good one-liners and sometimes seems to have real fun. I never doubted her drive, I remember her standing alone in that grocery story trying to get people to just taste those biscuit-thingies whatever they were. Frankly, she had me until she peed on the stick, on camera. 

I have a difficult time trying to balance her zero-fucks persona with the original Bethy. I guess I prefer people who do give a fuck.

One way Bravo promoted her return was, "The B is back", and I don't think I'm the only one who ended that B with an itch. And I believe that's what they meant.

They started it, Mom!!! lol

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, NewDigs said:

Frankly, she had me until she peed on the stick, on camera. 

She peed into an an ice bucket on camera. She is disgusting, I hope they threw that bucket away. I'd rather have Jules shrimp hands in my ice over Bethenny's piss

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, NewDigs said:

I admit that she can get off some good one-liners and sometimes seems to have real fun. I never doubted her drive, I remember her standing alone in that grocery story trying to get people to just taste those biscuit-thingies whatever they were. Frankly, she had me until she peed on the stick, on camera. 

I have a difficult time trying to balance her zero-fucks persona with the original Bethy. I guess I prefer people who do give a fuck.

One way Bravo promoted her return was, "The B is back", and I don't think I'm the only one who ended that B with an itch. And I believe that's what they meant.

They started it, Mom!!! lol

That's an interesting thought.

I have liked Bethenny from the beginning, still do, but I even when she was the scrappy underdog I found her to be rude and harsh and overbearing at times. I just have always attributed that, rightly or wrongly, to her very tough emotional exoskeleton.  I think underneath it, she's weak and mushy inside and in there, gives many fucks. I contrast this with someone like Luann, who I think emotionally, doesn't go that deep.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

She peed into an an ice bucket on camera. She is disgusting, I hope they threw that bucket away. I'd rather have Jules shrimp hands in my ice over Bethenny's piss

Dammit, now you have me wondering whose filthy hands would lose to piss?

Edited by bosawks
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, Jel said:

I have liked Bethenny from the beginning, still do, but I even when she was the scrappy underdog I found her to be rude and harsh and overbearing at times. I just have always attributed that, rightly or wrongly, to her very tough emotional exoskeleton.  I think underneath it, she's weak and mushy inside and in there, gives many fucks.

I contrast this with someone like Luann, who I think emotionally, doesn't go that deep.

I see LuLu as someone with such varied life experiences that she maybe gives a fuck when it really matters. Otherwise, water off a duck's back. Plus, a poker face can be your friend when dealing with emotional issues.

I think that's partly what has made B Lu-crazy.

Though LuLu totally cracked me up with that, "They know my music!!" thing. So she loves the celebrity.

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, NewDigs said:

I see LuLu as someone with such varied life experiences that she maybe gives a fuck when it really matters. Otherwise, water off a duck's back. Plus, a poker face can be your friend when dealing with emotional issues.

I think that's partly what has made B Lu-crazy.

Though LuLu totally cracked me up with that, "They know music!!" thing. So she loves the celebrity.

I didn't mean that as an insult to Luann; if anything I am a little envious of people who are able to don a poker face and let things be water off a duck's back. But it goes to differences in personality and behavior; I think Bethenny gets so bloody jacked up about things because she feels them so deeply (too deeply) and has lots of unresolved emotional issues that she can't just let be water off a duck's back, as in she's not able to do it no matter how much she'd like to. Similar to how a cynic is a failed romantic, a tough as nails broad like B is a sensitive person who's been deeply hurt many times.  That's how I see her anyway (for what it's worth).

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, Jel said:

I have liked Bethenny from the beginning, still do, but I even when she was the scrappy underdog I found her to be rude and harsh and overbearing at times. I just have always attributed that, rightly or wrongly, to her very tough emotional exoskeleton.  I think underneath it, she's weak and mushy inside and in there, gives many fucks. I contrast this with someone like Luann, who I think emotionally, doesn't go that deep.

IMO, she has gone from having those "at times" moments to walking/breathing that attitude 24/7. She comes off as being in attack mode all the dang time and humorless as well.  The only times she seems to soften is when she talks about Bryn and or Cookie but that is it, nothing else brings her true joy, not even her "brand" IMO.

I think there are some things that Luann will not discuss/defend/argue about because of the life she had during her marriage to Alex, somethings you just don't discuss/say/do in public (or on TV), it's called having manners.

• Love 13
Just now, Jel said:

I didn't mean that as an insult to Luann; if anything I am a little envious of people who are able to don a poker face and let things be water off a duck's back. But it goes to differences in personality and behavior; I think Bethenny gets so bloody jacked up about things because she feels them so deeply (too deeply) and has lots of unresolved emotional issues that she can't just let be water off a duck's back, as in she's not able to do it no matter how much she'd like to. Similar to how a cynic is a failed romantic, a tough as nails broad like B is a sensitive person who's been deeply hurt many times.  That's how I see her anyway (for what it's worth).

Then she needs to get help, real help ASAP! It's not as if she can't afford to address her issues to help herself heal and be a happier person that isn't in attack mode all the time but I think she likes, no LOVES, being this way. IMO, Bethenny really does believe she "knows it all" and resents anyone who has the audacity to disagree with her, especially in public or on the show and feels that she must destroy them to prove just how right she is.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, WireWrap said:

IMO, she has gone from having those "at times" moments to walking/breathing that attitude 24/7. She comes off as being in attack mode all the dang time and humorless as well.  The only times she seems to soften is when she talks about Bryn and or Cookie but that is it, nothing else brings her true joy, not even her "brand" IMO.

I think there are some things that Luann will not discuss/defend/argue about because of the life she had during her marriage to Alex, somethings you just don't discuss/say/do in public (or on TV), it's called having manners.

My husband can't stand Bethenny, and he has a similar pov to many in the forum.  He thinks she's awful all the time. I think she has lots of good moments. Mileage varies I guess.

Sometimes I am enchanted by Luann's manners; and other times, I wonder what she did with them.

2 minutes ago, NewDigs said:

It's her brand.

Skinny Girl ice bucket anyone? ;)

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, Jel said:

Oh Luann is capable of going deep:  http://www.usmagazine.com/  She and Dorinda take Bethenny to task.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Then she needs to get help, real help ASAP! It's not as if she can't afford to address her issues to help herself heal and be a happier person that isn't in attack mode all the time but I think she likes, no LOVES, being this way. IMO, Bethenny really does believe she "knows it all" and resents anyone who has the audacity to disagree with her, especially in public or on the show and feels that she must destroy them to prove just how right she is.

I agree, but two things come to mind here. One, none of us knows her personal, private therapy sitch. And two, sometimes it takes a while to find the right form of therapy and therapist; deep emotional problems can take along while to figure out.  She could be in the process of trying to get this stuff worked out, in fact, if I were a betting woman, I'd bet she is.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Jel said:

I agree, but two things come to mind here. One, none of us knows her personal, private therapy sitch. And two, sometimes it takes a while to find the right form of therapy and therapist; deep emotional problems can take along while to figure out.  She could be in the process of trying to get this stuff worked out, in fact, if I were a betting woman, I'd bet she is.

Sadly, Bethenny has said quite the opposite.  She claimed on her radio show the older she gets the more outspoken and abrasive she becomes.  She was talking about her behavior in the Berkshires.  So there is no present plan to get well or better, just obtaining more power to attack and bloviate about those she doesn't like.

I do think the biggest difference is Bethenny thought it necessary to purge every emotion and fight she had with her husband, failing to think that at some point their daughter might see all the nastiness.  Bethenny then writes blogs and tweets about the arguments. Luann tends to keep her cards closer to her chest and work through the issues until they are resolved or the relationship dies.  I don't think either way makes one more or less shallow or particularly deep.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

In the end, what difference are inegative comments gonna make to her brand or her status on Bravo?  Seems like none.  So if some here notice her relentless & endless cruelty & nastiness & meaness & anger & bitterness, as well as her total lack of any humor, it ain't gonna make any diff to her . . . will it?  Uh, no.

You're right, Scoobs...but I stopped watching the bitch, the show and it will be a cold day in hell before I purchase anything she has to sell. I just swing by here for the snark and great comments.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Sadly, Bethenny has said quite the opposite.  She claimed on her radio show the older she gets the more outspoken and abrasive she becomes.  She was talking about her behavior in the Berkshires.  So there is no present plan to get well or better, just obtaining more power to attack and bloviate about those she doesn't like.

She can be obnoxious, no argument from me, but being obnoxious, outspoken and abrasive (among other things) might just be her personality. Is that really evidence that she's not getting help though? I think the fact that she is willing to meet with her mother shows some real progress. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, QuinnM said:

And if some of see something completely different, her wit, her drive, her loyalty, her struggles, it still doesn't make any diff to her.

I have absolutely seen those qualities in her in the past & I have found her interesting & even sometimes fun to watch.  But that's the thing, it's mostly been in the past.  

My complaint is how she is now -- so full of rage & cruelty.  And I can't stand the way she rules the roost now, with everyone else cowering in fear of her next rampage.  I'm hoping they cast someone who will stand up to her.  It would make the show interesting.  And you never know with Satan Andy & the other producers.  They have a history of fucking with cast members.  Is Bethenny above being fucked with by them?  Maybe not.  

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

You are assuming that being abrasive and outspoken are problems that Bethenny should be getting treatment for.  But I agree with JEL:

5 minutes ago, Jel said:

She can be obnoxious, no argument from me, but being obnoxious, outspoken and abrasive (among other things) might just be her personality. Is that really evidence that she's not getting help though?

I agree the abrasiveness is just Bethenny's personality.  And people rarely get therapy to improve their personality. Your personality is everyone else's problem, not yours.  But if you are unhappy - angry all the time, stressed, or just plain miserable, that IS your problem.  And those are the reasons that people usually decide to get help.  So they can simply learn how to feel better.

That is why I would not be surprised to learn Beth quietly gets therapy.  I just don't think she is very happy.  She doesn't seem to get much pleasure from anything. Maybe because she is now all involved in this love affair (and I DO mean "affair") it has quieted the demons.  Love can do that.  But I wouldn't be surprised to learn she has sought out real help from someone more qualified than that no-socks camera whore she was seeing. I think she is too wrapped up in her own experience of life to settle for being as miserable as believe she is.  And being an action-oriented person, she would probably do something about it.

I don't expect her to advertise it for the reason that she doesn't want the whole world to know that despite all she has accomplished, she is still rather unhappy.  I don't think she wants to give that to her detractors.   But I think she is well aware she has a lot of anger and trust issues that spring from her childhood and I don't see her as being willing to just accept that when she knows it is something she can change.

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, Jel said:

She can be obnoxious, no argument from me, but being obnoxious, outspoken and abrasive (among other things) might just be her personality. Is that really evidence that she's not getting help though? I think the fact that she is willing to meet with her mother shows some real progress. 

I do think it is her personality and add to that an abandoned and malignant heart and she is the poster child for malice.   Bethenny doesn't get 100 good deeds do not erase the 10 malicious things she does to others under the guise of wit.  I think the evidence is pretty clear she is upping her attacks and abrasiveness.  Bethenny claims the only reason she would meet her mother was so Bryn could meet her.  I would think if she wanted to make progress, she might want to keep that little adventure under wraps.  Again all about Bethenny.

I know Bethenny thinks she is rare her life is an open book, except those areas she does not want to discuss, but until Bethenny realizes that others are entitled to some privacy and guarded thoughts and feelings it will always be a personality character that needs to be changed or eliminated.  You can't run and throw out the word hypocrite when your life isn't exactly above the fray.  According to the previews when her motives are put under scrutiny-she bails.

• Love 9