Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

Her screaming rants at Lu aren't fits?  Um, OK.  Anyone wanna be around that scary shit, have at it.  I'll pass, thanks.  I wonder if there will be Bethenny masks for Halloween.  It would skeer me.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 7
42 minutes ago, smores said:

What fits though?   Yes, in the Berkshires, she got out of control pissed off, and she acknowledged that pretty much immediately.  (I'm making no judgements, just saying she realized pretty much right away it was a problem).  Other than that, I haven't seen her have "fits"  if you're talking about Bethenny at the reunion, she's no more animated than anyone else is when there's something going on that they are passionate about.  Every single one of those women screech over the other to make points and have to be told to shut it so that someone can finish or for Andy to be able to hear.  To say that B is somehow having fits when the others are exhibiting the same behavior is just bitch eating crackers, in my opinion.

No one raised their voice at the reunion so far, other than Bethenny that is and no one stood up posturing over another HW, well except for, once again, Bethenny. Do I think she can get physically violent, doubtful, but right now, she is the most erratic of all the NY HWs.

• Love 10

I don't need her to be physically violent to want her off my screen.  She is plenty verbally violent, maliciously so.

Do I think she could become physically violent?  Not really?  I think she's all about throwing sticks and stones from a distance, when she has somebody else backing her up (Andy & Bravo).  In typical, true Mean Girl form.  Wonder if she learned that in the fancy boarding school the wolves sent her to?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

No one raised their voice at the reunion so far, other than Bethenny that is and no one stood up posturing over another HW, well except for, once again, Bethenny. Do I think she can get physically violent, doubtful, but right now, she is the most erratic of all the NY HWs.

It is the truth damn it-don't you know the one who screams the loudest is the one telling the truth?

• Love 5
4 hours ago, izabella said:

I can't imagine ANYONE would want to be around her, especially her co-workers on this show.  It's unfortunate that Andy is enamored and has placed his bets on Bethy, as if we want to watch an out-of-control, hypocritical harpy harassing and haranguing the Ho's.  We are not amused, Andy!

But her co-workers do seem to want to be around her. All of them have wanted to be around her. Some of them have worked with her on and off for years, and all but Jules worked with her last year, when she was far more emotional and prone to becoming irrational (IMO). Sonja loves to be around her. Even after the season ended, Dorinda was with her a lot when she was ill helping to take care of her (apparently that relationship cooled, but only after the reunion). Jules would love to be around her if Beth would have any of it. Ramona and Carole love to be around her. Before this whole deal with Tom, Lu had tears in her eyes at one point begging Beth to let her in. Carole, Dorinda, Lu and Ramona all spent time with her during the hiatus last year - when they were not filming. She and Heather didn't get along well initially, but both have said they are friends now. That's the thing, she may be brutal and honest some of the time, but the other gals seem to like her just fine for the most part. I am sure that others will say it is just because they are scared of her, but I get the impression that these chicks actually like Beth. They don't always like the things that she says or the way she reacts, but they do like her. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

But her co-workers do seem to want to be around her. All of them have wanted to be around her. Some of them have worked with her on and off for years, and all but Jules worked with her last year, when she was far more emotional and prone to becoming irrational (IMO). Sonja loves to be around her. Even after the season ended, Dorinda was with her a lot when she was ill helping to take care of her (apparently that relationship cooled, but only after the reunion). Jules would love to be around her if Beth would have any of it. Ramona and Carole love to be around her. Before this whole deal with Tom, Lu had tears in her eyes at one point begging Beth to let her in. Carole, Dorinda, Lu and Ramona all spent time with her during the hiatus last year - when they were not filming. She and Heather didn't get along well initially, but both have said they are friends now. That's the thing, she may be brutal and honest some of the time, but the other gals seem to like her just fine for the most part. I am sure that others will say it is just because they are scared of her, but I get the impression that these chicks actually like Beth. They don't always like the things that she says or the way she reacts, but they do like her. 

Yes they do, but, IMO, it is because of the power she wields through her connection to Andy and apparently production. They know it is unwise/unsafe to be on her bad side if they want to keep their HW jobs. Fear is a great motivator to be nice or kissing someone's ass when your job is at stake. I don't think they "like" I think they "fear" her.

As for Heather, it's not like they are "real/true" friends but are "friendly" because of their mutual friend Carole.   

• Love 10
28 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Yes they do, but, IMO, it is because of the power she wields through her connection to Andy and apparently production. They know it is unwise/unsafe to be on her bad side if they want to keep their HW jobs. Fear is a great motivator to be nice or kissing someone's ass when your job is at stake. I don't think they "like" I think they "fear" her.

As for Heather, it's not like they are "real/true" friends but are "friendly" because of their mutual friend Carole.   

But it is just speculation that Beth has any control over this at all. I don't believe for one single second that if Bravo wanted a gal to stay because it was good for ratings that she would be gone simply because Beth wanted it to be so. For the love of all that is holy, if Beth had any control and this was all hurting her business as others have said, does anyone believe that she would have allowed herself to have been so hated this season? We cannot have it both ways; that Beth is so incredibly powerful and yet still comes out looking so poorly and hated by the fans, putting her brand in jeopardy. Unless the thought is that Beth was more than willing to take a bullet for the ratings and to be the new most hated HW. 

• Love 4

I'm sorry for repeating something I've said a few times before, but I know at least 2 real life people who have worked with Bethenny and love her. Both of them enjoy her company and would willingly work with and for her again. And, no, they're not lunatics. One is a little high strung, but I'm pretty sure they would both pass psych tests. Not saying anyone else needs to want to be around her, but it is possible that there are humans who enjoy her presence. 

• Love 8

This whole reunion hasn't played out yet, but look at past reunions.  All of the girls (except Jules), talk over each other and get shut down.  Lu does her own fair share of talking over someone when she doesn't want to let them answer a question.  Sonja was told to shut up last week so Dorinda could answer a question that Andy asked.  Speaking of fits, should we discuss Dorinda's drunken outbursts?  Yet Bethenny refuting bullshit Luann was trying to throw at her results in her being branded as the devil. No one can cross her or she'll sacrifice your children, people are only friends with her because she'll pay a PI to follow you around and expose your dirty laundry to the world otherwise! I mean, come on.

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

But it is just speculation that Beth has any control over this at all. I don't believe for one single second that if Bravo wanted a gal to stay because it was good for ratings that she would be gone simply because Beth wanted it to be so. For the love of all that is holy, if Beth had any control and this was all hurting her business as others have said, does anyone believe that she would have allowed herself to have been so hated this season? We cannot have it both ways; that Beth is so incredibly powerful and yet still comes out looking so poorly and hated by the fans, putting her brand in jeopardy. Unless the thought is that Beth was more than willing to take a bullet for the ratings and to be the new most hated HW. 

What you or I think really doesn't matter all that much, in the end it is what the HWs think and Luann expressed it on the reunion. That the others are "afraid to go against Bethenny" and no one, not even Ramona disagreed with her comment.

38 minutes ago, smores said:

This whole reunion hasn't played out yet, but look at past reunions.  All of the girls (except Jules), talk over each other and get shut down.  Lu does her own fair share of talking over someone when she doesn't want to let them answer a question.  Sonja was told to shut up last week so Dorinda could answer a question that Andy asked.  Speaking of fits, should we discuss Dorinda's drunken outbursts?  Yet Bethenny refuting bullshit Luann was trying to throw at her results in her being branded as the devil. No one can cross her or she'll sacrifice your children, people are only friends with her because she'll pay a PI to follow you around and expose your dirty laundry to the world otherwise! I mean, come on.

Not one of the other screams over them like Bethenny does. It is her stock and trade, talk loud enough and fast enough so that the only voice heard is hers.

• Love 8

All I can say is that I see it differently.  There have been several times, both in this reunion and in the last one, where I have seen Bethenny sit there and listen to what someone else had to say about a situation, her behavior, what have you and then say, yeah, that's fair.  Does she have her times where she yells and talks over? Yes, but, she doesn't just scream over everyone else and not let them talk.  Consider her meeting where Luann invited herself to Mexico.  

• Love 2

For me, it felt like Beth was almost running last season's reunion and Andy was asking Beth what 'she' thought consistently throughout and he doesn't shut her down like he does the other housewives.  He didn't give that opportunity to the other housewives.  There's definitely favoritism happening on his part.

The meeting with Lu and Beth was a fluke.  And that's why so many of us loved it.  It was one of the rare times that another housewife didn't let Beth take control or dominate the narrative.  Lu shut Beth down.  Personally, I loved that meeting. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

if Beth had any control and this was all hurting her business as others have said, does anyone believe that she would have allowed herself to have been so hated this season?

Personally, I think Bravo has done its best to give Beth the best edit it can...what has been shown is what Andy can salvage from the season. I expect that to be true to the upcoming reunion footage as well. After her Berkshires rampage, and the hideous why she tried to undermine Lu's private life, was anyone surprised that she ramped it up further by throwing out drug accusations, calling the daughter of her lover to confirm the start of her affair with a still married man, and standing up and threatening Lu all the while her her eyes seemed to be fixed in an thousand-yard prison stare. 

Lu is the only one who is willing to stand up to this harridan. The others are intimidated...not simply because of their paychecks, but because I suspect they know once on her bad side, she will stop at nothing to go after them...and she now has the money and resources to make good on that.

• Love 13
6 hours ago, Knuckles said:

Personally, I think Bravo has done its best to give Beth the best edit it can...what has been shown is what Andy can salvage from the season. I expect that to be true to the upcoming reunion footage as well. After her Berkshires rampage, and the hideous why she tried to undermine Lu's private life, was anyone surprised that she ramped it up further by throwing out drug accusations, calling the daughter of her lover to confirm the start of her affair with a still married man, and standing up and threatening Lu all the while her her eyes seemed to be fixed in an thousand-yard prison stare. 

Lu is the only one who is willing to stand up to this harridan. The others are intimidated...not simply because of their paychecks, but because I suspect they know once on her bad side, she will stop at nothing to go after them...and she now has the money and resources to make good on that.

Na, they could have done a lot of things to make Beth look better if they had any desire to. They could have left out the whole "Lu's a whore deal" in the Berkshire's. They could have left in all of her issue with Lu dating Tom after Ramona had, and the deal about her naming the book. They didn't have to show some of Beth's TH interviews, which is the best way to control an edit. The most offensive thing that Beth said (IMO) about Lu was that she was a "fuckdoll", and that was in her TH; she didn't say that directly to Lu. No way anyone at Bravo thought that this would make Beth more likable, and they threw it in. The Berkshire's deal last for hours and hours, yet we saw a total of about 60 minutes of it over 3 episodes. One of the gals in her blog said that there was also a lot of fun. They didn't have to show Beth and Carole sneaking out in the morning if they didn't want to make Beth look bad. They kept it in. They could have left out Beth's TH interviews about Jules reminding Beth of her mother. Again, no way that doesn't come off looking less than sympathetic about someone who has an ED. They didn't have to include that. Most of the stuff regarding Beth and Jules was stuff from Beth's TH's. 

Remember that they shoot 85 hours of film for every hour that we see. There was a lot of other stuff they could have shown to us. They didn't have to show us a lot of what they did, but they had a narrative, and they stuck with it. Anyone who doesn't believe that Bravo can make any HW look any way that they want with an edit is wrong, IMO. Big time wrong. They can control the timing of what we see, moving the conversations around in a scene to make them appear more dramatic. Throwing in a reaction or expression from a gal that might not even be related to that scene. I'm not saying that editing is to blame for Beth looking like a bitch. They are her words, no doubt about it. Simply that they didn't have to show what they did if there was some grand plan to make her popular and help her sell more product. 

• Love 4

They had last year's reunion on last week and Bethenny commented on every scene, even those she wasn't a part of - like the T & C wake up after she left.  She threatened Ramona with "opening the vault" and "going there" on R's activities bc Ramona had told Heather that she cheated on her first husband which accusation Bethenny branded a lie despite Ramona saying she heard it from like 8 different people.  And R backed down and apologized  The other women are afraid of Bethenny IMO.  Heather and Kristen were the only two who stood up to her last season and they are both gone. Heather announced it before the reunion aired and Kristen later was not renewed for whatever reason.  Bethenny actively froze out both Sonja and Luann this season. She's bad for the dynamic of the show in that the other women can't behave naturally.  It was fun for awhile to watch them scramble, but now it's just too played.  The producers need to make it clear that everyone can film when they call for a shoot and that everyone is guaranteed filming time.  It will level the playing field and make for a better show.  And no more off-limits for anyone.  No one, including Bethenny or Ramona.

• Love 11
24 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Na, they could have done a lot of things to make Beth look better if they had any desire to. They could have left out the whole "Lu's a whore deal" in the Berkshire's. They could have left in all of her issue with Lu dating Tom after Ramona had, and the deal about her naming the book. They didn't have to show some of Beth's TH interviews, which is the best way to control an edit. The most offensive thing that Beth said (IMO) about Lu was that she was a "fuckdoll", and that was in her TH; she didn't say that directly to Lu. No way anyone at Bravo thought that this would make Beth more likable, and they threw it in. The Berkshire's deal last for hours and hours, yet we saw a total of about 60 minutes of it over 3 episodes. One of the gals in her blog said that there was also a lot of fun. They didn't have to show Beth and Carole sneaking out in the morning if they didn't want to make Beth look bad. They kept it in. They could have left out Beth's TH interviews about Jules reminding Beth of her mother. Again, no way that doesn't come off looking less than sympathetic about someone who has an ED. They didn't have to include that. Most of the stuff regarding Beth and Jules was stuff from Beth's TH's. 

Remember that they shoot 85 hours of film for every hour that we see. There was a lot of other stuff they could have shown to us. They didn't have to show us a lot of what they did, but they had a narrative, and they stuck with it. Anyone who doesn't believe that Bravo can make any HW look any way that they want with an edit is wrong, IMO. Big time wrong. They can control the timing of what we see, moving the conversations around in a scene to make them appear more dramatic. Throwing in a reaction or expression from a gal that might not even be related to that scene. I'm not saying that editing is to blame for Beth looking like a bitch. They are her words, no doubt about it. Simply that they didn't have to show what they did if there was some grand plan to make her popular and help her sell more product. 

Of course editing plays a big part in the show and we all know that production likes to "tell a story" each season. That said, I don't doubt that they had some "fun" at Dorinda's sleepover but not as much as Bethenny would have us believe, which is why she/Carole felt the need to sneak out until they were caught, they were there only for 1 night, it was not a weekend trip, just 1 night, with the majority of the night spent on Bethenny going after Luann.

9 minutes ago, jinjer said:

They had last year's reunion on last week and Bethenny commented on every scene, even those she wasn't a part of - like the T & C wake up after she left.  She threatened Ramona with "opening the vault" and "going there" on R's activities bc Ramona had told Heather that she cheated on her first husband which accusation Bethenny branded a lie despite Ramona saying she heard it from like 8 different people.  And R backed down and apologized  The other women are afraid of Bethenny IMO.  Heather and Kristen were the only two who stood up to her last season and they are both gone. Heather announced it before the reunion aired and Kristen later was not renewed for whatever reason.  Bethenny actively froze out both Sonja and Luann this season. She's bad for the dynamic of the show in that the other women can't behave naturally.  It was fun for awhile to watch them scramble, but now it's just too played.  The producers need to make it clear that everyone can film when they call for a shoot and that everyone is guaranteed filming time.  It will level the playing field and make for a better show.  And no more off-limits for anyone.  No one, including Bethenny or Ramona.

This, this would be the great leveler IMO. No one should be able to dictate any part of their lives are off limits with few exceptions, 1 of those would be the HWs children, leave the kids out of it no matter what their age unless the kids (adult age) are getting paid to be filmed. All husbands/SO/BF should be included in filming, even if they are only seen in the background at a party/event but no more pretending they don't exist. Each of their apartments or vacation homes should be seen at least once during the season. No one is to be excluded from the big events or the big trips, especially the "girls trip" unless there is a true medical reason and the trip still happens without that HW instead of being canceled like the Mexico trip was. Oh, and no more leaving an event early like Ramona does all the time. LOL

• Love 9
9 hours ago, Otherkate said:

I'm sorry for repeating something I've said a few times before, but I know at least 2 real life people who have worked with Bethenny and love her. Both of them enjoy her company and would willingly work with and for her again. And, no, they're not lunatics. One is a little high strung, but I'm pretty sure they would both pass psych tests. Not saying anyone else needs to want to be around her, but it is possible that there are humans who enjoy her presence. 

I don't find that unusual at all that a Tyrant can be nice to those who serve them, Bethenny's issues have always been with her peers or those she feels put themselves above her.  There was a scene that was cut from her caviar party where she was trying to set up a scene over the caviar girl's costume.  She somewhat failed making all these one liners related to children's Disney characters.  The costume is what caviar servers from the caviar restaurant wear.  No one blinked at the server's costume because they had filmed in the restaurant the year before.   

Those working for her are paid and I don't doubt she needs things to go smoothly. 

9 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Bethenny believes her position is correct and the masses will side with her because she is tyrannical and can't see that others perception can possibly differ from hers.  Bethenny has said her business has been damaged, so that is one her.  I read the tweet from Bethenny declaring it, s it isn't "others have said", it is what Bethenny tweeted.

Sometimes public personas and even people in general don't understand their little annoyances in life don't translate well to the masses.  Bethenny thinks it is cool to pee in public on camera because that is who she is and anyone else is just an outcast and constipated for not agreeing with her.  Well she is partially correct, everyone has to urinate, as far as her displaying it not so much.  Same with when Luann called her out Season 2 at the Reunion for her snarky, confessional comments.  Her only response was this is who I am.  That is not contrition, it is her feeling like she is above the others and can say or do anything she wants, their feelings be damned.  Collectively on an ensemble show, she used the other to boost her career.  She never thanks he co-stars-most of whom she no longer speaks to, she thanks Andy and Bravo for giving het the opportunity. 

I don't think Bethenny cares if she is loved or hated as those who don't like her are fools.  If she continues to alienate a large portion of the cast both past and present, she really leaves Bravo with no choice but to give Bethenny her own show.  I t might be the right season to bifurcate and move forward with some casting changes. 

When Bethenny cares about something like this not so new guy, she presents a very different public persona, and quite frankly because of  her desire to protect, that which is important to her, it now comes off that just like the others, she too, has areas of vulnerability and a strong desire to show her best side.  Exactly what she accuses the others of doing only calling some them, liars, phonies, whore, slut.  Was it a good idea to call the daughter?  It seems public sentiment is not squarely behind her.  It is a case where maybe the lines were a little blurred regarding married man-something she is unwilling to give Luann.     

• Love 10
57 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I don't find that unusual at all that a Tyrant can be nice to those who serve them, Bethenny's issues have always been with her peers or those she feels put themselves above her.  There was a scene that was cut from her caviar party where she was trying to set up a scene over the caviar girl's costume.  She somewhat failed making all these one liners related to children's Disney characters.  The costume is what caviar servers from the caviar restaurant wear.  No one blinked at the server's costume because they had filmed in the restaurant the year before.   

Those working for her are paid and I don't doubt she needs things to go smoothly. 

Bethenny believes her position is correct and the masses will side with her because she is tyrannical and can't see that others perception can possibly differ from hers.  Bethenny has said her business has been damaged, so that is one her.  I read the tweet from Bethenny declaring it, s it isn't "others have said", it is what Bethenny tweeted.

Sometimes public personas and even people in general don't understand their little annoyances in life don't translate well to the masses.  Bethenny thinks it is cool to pee in public on camera because that is who she is and anyone else is just an outcast and constipated for not agreeing with her.  Well she is partially correct, everyone has to urinate, as far as her displaying it not so much.  Same with when Luann called her out Season 2 at the Reunion for her snarky, confessional comments.  Her only response was this is who I am.  That is not contrition, it is her feeling like she is above the others and can say or do anything she wants, their feelings be damned.  Collectively on an ensemble show, she used the other to boost her career.  She never thanks he co-stars-most of whom she no longer speaks to, she thanks Andy and Bravo for giving het the opportunity. 

I don't think Bethenny cares if she is loved or hated as those who don't like her are fools.  If she continues to alienate a large portion of the cast both past and present, she really leaves Bravo with no choice but to give Bethenny her own show.  I t might be the right season to bifurcate and move forward with some casting changes. 

When Bethenny cares about something like this not so new guy, she presents a very different public persona, and quite frankly because of  her desire to protect, that which is important to her, it now comes off that just like the others, she too, has areas of vulnerability and a strong desire to show her best side.  Exactly what she accuses the others of doing only calling some them, liars, phonies, whore, slut.  Was it a good idea to call the daughter?  It seems public sentiment is not squarely behind her.  It is a case where maybe the lines were a little blurred regarding married man-something she is unwilling to give Luann.     

I should have been more clear - one person worked for her on her talk show and the other worked along side her on something. For the first, she went out of her way to find him a good job after her show went kaput even though she certainly didn't have to. The second was not paid by her and I would consider him to be equal if not above her in professional stature. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, motorcitymom65 said:

This assumes that production thought the Berkshires was a bad look for Bethenny and I am not so sure that is the case. I can well believe that when taped and edited, they thought this would be a plus in the Bethenny column. Before it aired, Bethenny and Andy seemed to be bragging that this was going to be the disassembling, dismantling of the Countess. I kid you not. I believe one of those words were actually used. Andy was creaming himself online. I do think there was some degree of confidence (despite B's unhinged demeanor throughout) that she would have if not a significant amount of audience support at least split the vote 50/50. Although I wouldn't doubt B was more confident with majority audience support.  Again, I think this was supposed to be seen as the voice of reason, the choir finally, finally taking the Countess off her pedestal.  Too bad both of the premises were wrong. Bethenny hasn't been the choir since she came back and the Countess hasn't been on the pedestal for a while and she had built up some significant goodwill the last 2 seasons, especially the season she was a 'friend of'.  So.... I think all this was a big, HUGE miscalculation on the part of production, Bethenny and Andy who both seem taken aback at the level of vitriol being leveled at B.

• Love 16
4 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

I think all this was a big, HUGE miscalculation on the part of production, Bethenny and Andy who both seem taken aback at the level of vitriol being leveled at B.

And Andy by the way. He likes to maintain his jovial demeanor on screen, but I have no doubt he is as ruthless as Bethy. Of all those involved, those two strike me as being soulmates. They are willing to scrap with each other over money and show running, but they are on the same page essentially. Andy has demonstrated this season his utter contempt for women, and Bethy her more generalized contempt for everyone. I think he's simply surprised that his little front woman is now exposed as the cruel creature that she is...and the audience is not amused.

• Love 13
6 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

The Berkshire's deal last for hours and hours, yet we saw a total of about 60 minutes of it over 3 episodes. One of the gals in her blog said that there was also a lot of fun.

They don't want to show fun.  They want to show drama, and Bethy is bringing it like a slutty whore brings lube.  Bravo doesn't think this is making Bethy look bad - they think the fans want to see Bethy bullying people.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

This assumes that production thought the Berkshires was a bad look for Bethenny and I am not so sure that is the case. I can well believe that when taped and edited, they thought this would be a plus in the Bethenny column. Before it aired, Bethenny and Andy seemed to be bragging that this was going to be the disassembling, dismantling of the Countess. I kid you not. I believe one of those words were actually used. Andy was creaming himself online. I do think there was some degree of confidence (despite B's unhinged demeanor throughout) that she would have if not a significant amount of audience support at least split the vote 50/50. Although I wouldn't doubt B was more confident with majority audience support.  Again, I think this was supposed to be seen as the voice of reason, the choir finally, finally taking the Countess off her pedestal.  Too bad both of the premises were wrong. Bethenny hasn't been the choir since she came back and the Countess hasn't been on the pedestal for a while and she had built up some significant goodwill the last 2 seasons, especially the season she was a 'friend of'.  So.... I think all this was a big, HUGE miscalculation on the part of production, Bethenny and Andy who both seem taken aback at the level of vitriol being leveled at B.

Preach. The verbiage that Andy used when crowing about December: Berkshires County was that, "Bethenny dismembers LuAnn in a way" that we've never really seen before.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, lunastartron said:

Preach. The verbiage that Andy used when crowing about December: Berkshires County was that, "Bethenny dismembers LuAnn in a way" that we've never really seen before.

Wow. What a dick.

• Love 13
44 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

Wow. What a dick.

Yeah but from pictures, it seems to be a pretty small one and he has to really suck his gut in to see it when he pees.

Cohen definitely has a "side" in all this and showed that last season with the Frankelstein's Monster.  I think that is another reason Ramona jumped to the Monster's side.  She and Cohen rub against each other when all is said and done and in a bad way.  The weird thing is that I never got the sense that Cohen disliked Luann anymore than he pretty much seems to simply dislike all the women outside the Monster and the Talking Mule.   He has treated them like his trained monkeys again and again and I think outside of these two and perhaps a bit of a liking for Kyle (I think he socializes with her slightly if he is on the west coast and the BH show is not filming).  So I think the Monster simply does not eed the production credit to create a sense of having influence and power over the show now.  She feels fine to try and act like a producer and the producers might not "allow" it, but they also don't seem to be punishing her even in edits because I think they would pretty much have to cut most of the storylines itself it they tried to protect the Monster.  Rampaging is pretty much what she does.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, tenativelyyours said:

Yeah but from pictures, it seems to be a pretty small one and he has to really suck his gut in to see it when he pees.

Cohen definitely has a "side" in all this and showed that last season with the Frankelstein's Monster.  I think that is another reason Ramona jumped to the Monster's side.  She and Cohen rub against each other when all is said and done and in a bad way.  The weird thing is that I never got the sense that Cohen disliked Luann anymore than he pretty much seems to simply dislike all the women outside the Monster and the Talking Mule.   He has treated them like his trained monkeys again and again and I think outside of these two and perhaps a bit of a liking for Kyle (I think he socializes with her slightly if he is on the west coast and the BH show is not filming).  So I think the Monster simply does not eed the production credit to create a sense of having influence and power over the show now.  She feels fine to try and act like a producer and the producers might not "allow" it, but they also don't seem to be punishing her even in edits because I think they would pretty much have to cut most of the storylines itself it they tried to protect the Monster.  Rampaging is pretty much what she does.

Listening to his radio show, there is a sometimes likable aspect to him. He touched on, his coming out and he expressed some awe at where he has been able to take his career but at the end of the day, he absolutely hates women.

• Love 8
44 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

Listening to his radio show, there is a sometimes likable aspect to him. He touched on, his coming out and he expressed some awe at where he has been able to take his career but at the end of the day, he absolutely hates women.

TRUE!  I have been saying this for years.  Andy Cohen's attitude toward women shaped these shows into what they are.  The petty, catty, vain, vindictive, volatile behavior is what he thinks women are like so that is what he featured on the shows.  Now it is the recipe for all the franchises.  It's all about fights, name-calling, confrontations and rotating alliances.  Very rarely are any of the women ever shown being supportive and compassionate to each other.  Probably 95% of what is shown is negative behavior.  And it's not an accident.  And I don't think it's a conscious plan to create drama.  It's the result of the deep-seated misogyny of the (former) producer.  He LOVES this shit. 

• Love 12

I have this joke that Andy and Bravo's ultimate goal is to unite people by showing us how much we all suck and how contemptuous we all are;

• Shahs of Sunset--Iranians are trashy
  • Real Housewives of New Jersey--Italian Americans are trashy and terrible 
  • Real Housewives of Beverly Hills--celebrities and celebrity adjacent people are trashy and terrible
  • Ladies of London and Real Housewives of Cheshire--actual nobility (cough not LuAnn or Carole) and people from Great Britain are trashy too
  • Gallery Girls--people in the NYC art scene are trashy and terrible
  • Southern Charm--White Southern Republicans are really trashy and terrible
  • Real Housewives of Atlanta--African American women are trashy and terrible 
  • Mother Funders--people on the PTA are terrible

Bravo is the united federation of shade.

• Love 10
26 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

On WWHL, Beth talks about meeting with her mom "in the fall."  So I guess that means it's for the cameras!

Of course it is! LOL She will want to meet with her first on camera before she brings Bryn to see her. You just know things will not go well and Bryn will never meet her...............because it can't be filmed.

• Love 8

Why would Bethy's mom want to meet her after 15 years? Has she not seen what her daughter has become? Does she think this will be a pleasant reunion? Bethy will be riding a hellfire missile, aiming straight for mom...hoping to annihilate her.

Just say no, mom. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

Of course it is! LOL She will want to meet with her first on camera before she brings Bryn to see her. You just know things will not go well and Bryn will never meet her...............because it can't be filmed.

Maybe her mom will say, "I can say whatever I want, and Bethenny you are a bad Jew, a whore a slut and a liar."  "You were born a liar and will die a liar."

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, Knuckles said:

Why would Bethy's mom want to meet her after 15 years? Has she not seen what her daughter has become? Does she think this will be a pleasant reunion? Bethy will be riding a hellfire missile, aiming straight for mom...hoping to annihilate her.

Just say no, mom. 

Well, she should certainly not permit a meeting if Bethenny wants it filmed.  Look how it went with the stepfather.  She has everything to lose.  But since we don't really know when Betheliar is straight with us, she surely won't reveal it, but she'll probably throw plenty of dough at Bernadette to get her to agree to a filmed meeting for next season.  Don't be surprised if this is what happens.

Um, who was it who said earlier the Frankelstein monster would never resort to violence?  I've been a prosecutor & I know the look of someone who has rage & the capability of violence.  Oh, Bethenny has that look -- with the intensity of the rages we've only seen thus far.  But we don't especially know what this woman is capable of.  Was she lying or telling the truth on WWHL?  Who can tell with Betheliar?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3779231/Bethenny-Frankel-admits-wanted-throttle-Luann-Lesseps.html

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Well, she should certainly not permit a meeting if Bethenny wants it filmed.  Look how it went with the stepfather.  She has everything to lose.  But since we don't really know when Betheliar is straight with us, she surely won't reveal it, but she'll probably throw plenty of dough at Bernadette to get her to agree to a filmed meeting for next season.  Don't be surprised if this is what happens.

Um, who was it who said earlier the Frankelstein monster would never resort to violence?  I've been a prosecutor & I know the look of someone who has rage & the capability of violence.  Oh, Bethenny has that look -- with the intensity of the rages we've only seen thus far.  But we don't especially know what this woman is capable of.  Was she lying or telling the truth on WWHL?  Who can tell with Betheliar?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3779231/Bethenny-Frankel-admits-wanted-throttle-Luann-Lesseps.html

Her behavior on  WWHL is unreal. I can't decide if she is simply insane or if it is part of a weird experiment to gauge how far would people accept bad behaviors from famous people.

• Love 15
3 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Well, she said she has probably never been as angry in that moment as she was with Lu, and she didn't resort to violence, so there is that. Once she does resort to violence, I wil change my opinion. I've never strangled anyone either, but I have certainly had the desire to. Many times. Maybe it's just the Oklahoma girl in me, but where I come from, it's pretty common to say we wanted to strangle someone with our bare hands. Or as Taylor would probably say, go all Oklahoma on their ass. Hardly shocking. 

Just my opinion, but we are at the point with Beth that we were with Yo. There is literally nothing she can say that is not going to be ripped apart and faulted. Nothing. And in Beth, just like with Yo, there are so many legitimate criticisms to make, but the real stuff starts to ring false after a while because the tedious and unremarkable are picked apart to such a degree. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Well, she said she has probably never been as angry in that moment as she was with Lu, and she didn't resort to violence, so there is that. Once she does resort to violence, I wil change my opinion. I've never strangled anyone either, but I have certainly had the desire to. Many times. Maybe it's just the Oklahoma girl in me, but where I come from, it's pretty common to say we wanted to strangle someone with our bare hands. Or as Taylor would probably say, go all Oklahoma on their ass. Hardly shocking. 

The thing is, I don't understand the level of anger.  Yes, I get being sensitive to being accused of dating a married man.  Deny it and move on.  Say something like " I can see why you might think that, but he was separated/divorced when we started dating etc."  But no, we get the dramatic phone call, oh and now she says she almost asked Andy for a lie detector test.

She became unglued and protested way too much and with such fury that she just put fuel on the fire.

She left herself wide open for that anyway and my sense is she knew it was coming so why get all unhinged? 

All season long, she said horrible things about LuAnn (whose children I might add are old enough to watch the show) - Luann was an F-doll, who slept with every man in Manhattan - on and on - did LuAnn lose it at all?  No.

But accuse Bethenny of dating a married man?  She goes ballistic. 

• Love 18
1 hour ago, mwell345 said:

The thing is, I don't understand the level of anger.  Yes, I get being sensitive to being accused of dating a married man.  Deny it and move on.  Say something like " I can see why you might think that, but he was separated/divorced when we started dating etc."  But no, we get the dramatic phone call, oh and now she says she almost asked Andy for a lie detector test.

She became unglued and protested way too much and with such fury that she just put fuel on the fire.

She left herself wide open for that anyway and my sense is she knew it was coming so why get all unhinged? 

All season long, she said horrible things about LuAnn (whose children I might add are old enough to watch the show) - Luann was an F-doll, who slept with every man in Manhattan - on and on - did LuAnn lose it at all?  No.

But accuse Bethenny of dating a married man?  She goes ballistic. 

Everyone has a different tipping point. I would have been livid at the suggestion as well. Dorinda, for instance, baffled me. Someone makes an accusation on national TV that I do blow, and I don't do blow, and I'm going go bat shit crazy. Show me the proof, etc. I wouldn't just sit there and let people accuse me of something like that. Unless, of course, it is all true. Then I'm not going to be asking for any proof, very afraid of what the proof might prove. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, mwell345 said:

Because Dennis wasn't separated or divorced when they started dating.  He hasn't even filed for divorce NOW.  That is Bethy's problem - she's lying about it, and she knows it, and everyone else at the reunion also knows it.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, izabella said:

Because Dennis wasn't separated or divorced when they started dating.  He hasn't even filed for divorce NOW.  That is Bethy's problem - she's lying about it, and she knows it, and everyone else at the reunion also knows it.

Exactly.  She got caught.  Apparently LuAnn didn't get the memo that Bethanny's personal  life was off-limits.

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, izabella said:

All the daughter confirmed is that "unless her dad was sneaking her into the house through the back door," that is a twist on what Luann said.  :uann said their relationship started while he was still with his wife. 

I disagree with the expert panel of Sonja, Ramona and Carole about daughters always siding with the mother.  Sometimes they side with the father, or sometime they tow the party line and do the amicable separation.  Or guess these days conscious uncoupling.

The other thing it was all over blogs, so Bethenny acting as if this is the first time the issue was raised or the rumors were started by Luann are incorrect.

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

All the daughter confirmed is that "unless her dad was sneaking her into the house through the back door," that is a twist on what Luann said.  :uann said their relationship started while he was still with his wife. 

I disagree with the expert panel of Sonja, Ramona and Carole about daughters always siding with the mother.  Sometimes they side with the father, or sometime they tow the party line and do the amicable separation.  Or guess these days conscious uncoupling.

The other thing it was all over blogs, so Bethenny acting as if this is the first time the issue was raised or the rumors were started by Luann are incorrect.

It was just another excuse to go after Luann, just like her excuse of "they came for my business" for going after John, Sonja and Luann this season even though she went BSC or froze them out before any of them said 1 word about her precious SKG. This nothing more than a convenient excuses she is using now after getting negative feedback from viewers to try and make her nasty behavior acceptable. LOL

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

It was just another excuse to go after Luann, just like her excuse of "they came for my business" for going after John, Sonja and Luann this season even though she went BSC or froze them out before any of them said 1 word about her precious SKG. This nothing more than a convenient excuses she is using now after getting negative feedback from viewers to try and make her nasty behavior acceptable. LOL

The deal for me is quite simply this, there has not been any relevant discussion of when this man separated, legally or otherwise, and the idea the went to dinner "as friends" is rather lame.  Don't most people start a date as friends?  Unless it is through an escort service, generally one or both people are interested in moving the relationship in the romantic direction.  pertinent questions to me would be similar to what they hammered Luann with about Tom's life before her.  What date did they separate?  Did he return to the family home after separating?  Are the parents spending time together? 

Actually after last night I am now firmly convinced Bethenny has found herself a really big asshole.  I hope they have many miserable years together.  For any man to buy into her behavior and think it is funny and involve his children, what an ass.

• Love 11
16 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Actually after last night I am now firmly convinced Bethenny has found herself a really big asshole.  I hope they have many miserable years together.  For any man to buy into her behavior and think it is funny and involve his children, what an ass.

Even the desperate Sonja and Ramona have no interest in Dennis, the Undivorced.  Bethy has no competition at all for her man. While they were lining up for Tom. The married guy with the scar-crossed skull is all hers. What a prize.

• Love 8
36 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

The deal for me is quite simply this, there has not been any relevant discussion of when this man separated, legally or otherwise, and the idea the went to dinner "as friends" is rather lame.  Don't most people start a date as friends?  Unless it is through an escort service, generally one or both people are interested in moving the relationship in the romantic direction.  pertinent questions to me would be similar to what they hammered Luann with about Tom's life before her.  What date did they separate?  Did he return to the family home after separating?  Are the parents spending time together? 

Which is why I wonder if that dinner where she, Bethenny, felt compelled to call Jill happened when Jill/Shields were still living together. Maybe Jill was still trying to work on their marriage but Shields had other ideas Jill had no knowledge about but Bethenny knew what he was up to, so she had to cover her own ass for the sake of her SKG/PR. Maybe this is what Luann was have been talking about/alluding to.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 4
39 minutes ago, Knuckles said:

Even the desperate Sonja and Ramona have no interest in Dennis, the Undivorced.  Bethy has no competition at all for her man. While they were lining up for Tom. The married guy with the scar-crossed skull is all hers. What a prize.

I don't know, to some he might be a catch.  This from Bloomberg Financial:

Mr. Dennis Shields Co-Founded YieldStreet, Inc. in 2014 and serves as its Chairman and Chief Evangelist. Mr. Shields serves as Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of Westbury Management Group. He founded Esquire Bank in February 2000. He has been the Chief Executive Officer of Plaintiff Funding Corporation since 2000, which he Co-founded in 2000. He serves as Executive Chairman of Esquire Financial Holdings, Inc. Mr. Shields served as Executive Vice President of Complete Management, Inc. He has been the pioneer in specialty financing for over 20 years. He served as the President and Chief Executive Officer of Health Shield Capital Corporation from June 1996 to May 2002. He was Founder of Health Shield. Mr. Shields served as a Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of Medical Management Inc. from 1992 to 1996. He serves as Chairman of the Board for Esquire Bank and LawCash. He served as a Co-Chairman at Esquire Bank. He served as a Vice Chairman of Esquire Bank. Mr. Shields has been Director of Plaintiff Funding Corporation since 2000. He served as a Director of Medical Management Inc. from 1992 to 1996. He is a 2-term lay member of the Grievance Committee of the Bar Association in the Second and Eleventh Judicial Departments in New York. He is a visionary and has made over 25 investments. He is a published author of 2 books, an actor and a philanthropist.

36 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

He is a visionary and has made over 25 investments. He is a published author of 2 books, an actor and a philanthropist.

LOL!!

You know for some strange reason I thought that Shields family lived in FL, which was baffling to me because divorce is relatively easy there (as I understand it. I avoid family law like the plague). Well it appears that they are NY based. If Jill and Dennis did indeed legally separate and have a separation agreement filed with the court, they would have to wait 1 year while living separate and apart before filing for divorce under NY law.  Which if he was still living in the family home due to back surgery makes me go hmm... So I wonder if they are separated formally under NY divorce law or just separated because they say so. NY also has fault and no fault divorce, along with legal separation as a grounds. No fault seems pretty streamlined in that you just have to show that your marriage has been  irretrievably broken for 6 months. You don't even have to be separated for 6 months, just allege a broken marriage for at least that long and have all your financial shit hammered out - like spousal and child support, division of property, custody etc. So I do wonder what is going on and what's the hold up. 

• Love 6
43 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Chairman and Chief Evangelist.

Chief Evangelist?? Really.

His deal is his "banks" provide advance funding for structured settlements, at an enormous discount. Most structured settlements are pro-rated over decades...say 20 or 30 years. The recipient gets a monthly check...but has no way to access the total amount awarded. Since many are victims of horrific auto accidents, or medical malpractice, and have to wait for the settlement to be finished, they are often unable to work and in dire financial straits. So, vultures like Shields and Company swoop in, offering a large cash amount in exchange for the total settlement. The discounts are enormous...sometimes they grab 40 or 50% of the total, the ruthless even more. It is telling that these operators are held in even lower esteem by Wall Street than the payday loan hyenas. JG Wentworth and Peachtree Funding are major players in this as well.

• Love 11