Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

Anna Wintour is a good call, but I really think she is trying to look like Constance Zimmer as Quinn in Unreal. Amusing that she would try to imitate a producer on a show that mocks reality TV. Possibly she does not understand that Unreal is satire.

Zimmer rocks the look...she has great hair. Bethy, not so much, it plays up her hard jawline.

• Love 1

So, we have to take literally what B said, and assume the worst intent possible behind everything she says, I don't have any family, she'd be raised by them (paraphrasing mine) couldn’t mean she was worried about her child forgetting her, it has to mean she thinks Jason's family is evil and will immediately tell her horrible things about her, and therefore B is a crazy bitch because why would they do any such thing?

Yet, the fact that J continued to conspicuously wear his wedding ring in pictures after a pretty nasty breakup, was nasty to her on the show, made sure he was photographed being a good dad, and he and his mom seem to have committed fraud in order to keep an apartment he wasn't entitled to, just show that J was a devoted husband and father, put upon by his harpy of a wife, and he would have been screwed out of custody of his daughter if he left the apartment because of the twat he married?  

I don't really get how J is automatically blameless in everything and how it's so easy to assign a negative thought/connotation to everything B, and similarly J is ALWAYS blameless.  Even if B WAS the heartless shrew that some people see her as, it's just real life that J would have caused some of the fights, and would have been an asshole sometimes.  And it wouldn't have been justified.  And, conversely, if J was a raging monster, B wouldn't be justified in being a bitch to him, which would happen from time to time.  

I've been married a lot longer than B and J were and I know there are days that I take my husband's head off for some reason that he doesn't really deserve.  And, some days he comes home in a bad mood, spoiling for an argument.  Shit happens, life isn't perfect, stress from work boils over, or some family BS is pushing in, whatever.  You look around and realize it's not about you, and you move past it.  I can't fathom what people would say about me if cameras followed me 24/7.

• Love 4

I don't see Jason as blameless, he entered into fatherhood and marriage with someone that was in an upward swing and could not keep up.  He knew she was driven and damaged (she told him over and over).  I don't think him wearing his wedding band was anything more than him being who he was, a married father.   There was no fraud committed, in a rather Body Heat moment, Bethenny signed trust documents and her mother in law was  not licensed to notarize in New York.  Fraud would have been forging her signature.

Bethenny invited the cameras in and can't really complain if she is portrayed negatively, she was the producer and editor.  I always saw it as Jason kind of scrambling to keep up and please Bethenny.  It wasn't about someone being right more about immovable force.  As Bethenny's Skinnygirl success grew there just wasn't room for a guy like Jason.  From what little she has said about Dennis, it appears she wants someone who wants a life separate from hers, has his own success and own pursuits.  Unfortunately he also still has a wife.  I always thought  given more time, and a little focus B & J might have made it work.  The talk show seems to have been the deal breaker.   

• Love 5
8 hours ago, smores said:

Yet, the fact that J continued to conspicuously wear his wedding ring in pictures after a pretty nasty breakup, was nasty to her on the show, made sure he was photographed being a good dad, and he and his mom seem to have committed fraud in order to keep an apartment he wasn't entitled to, just show that J was a devoted husband and father, put upon by his harpy of a wife, and he would have been screwed out of custody of his daughter if he left the apartment because of the twat he married?  

There is something called "abandonment" in divorce and child custody laws.  If you leave the home, it could be considered abandonment and is grounds for divorce, but you may be giving up your rights to the home.  There is also a legal definition of abandonment regarding child custody as well.  I would bet Jason's attorney counseled him on how to avoid legal abandonment because Bethy is exactly the type of person who would try to use that against him regardless of whether there was any actual abandoning.

• Love 5

He wasn't entitled to the apartment in the first place, but him moving out would have had no bearing at all on the custody of Brynn.  People leave their spouses ALL the time and yet they still get custody and/or visitation with their children, depending on their situation/wants/needs.  So, saying that he'd never have been able to see his child again if he'd left the apartment is just ridiculous.

• Love 2

I didn't say he'd never get to see his child again. 

NY does have laws around abandonment, though.  Abandonment is grounds for divorce in NY (you still need grounds in NY because it is not a 'ho-fault' state.)  My point is that Jason might have been following his lawyer's advice about what abandonment means legally in terms of both divorce and child custody, and we don't know what that advice might have been, so I'm not ready to second guess those decisions since I am not a divorce attorney.  He might have had legit legal reasons to stay in the apartment and we don't know what they are fully.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, smores said:

So, we have to take literally what B said, and assume the worst intent possible behind everything she says, I don't have any family, she'd be raised by them (paraphrasing mine) couldn’t mean she was worried about her child forgetting her, it has to mean she thinks Jason's family is evil and will immediately tell her horrible things about her, and therefore B is a crazy bitch because why would they do any such thing?

I don't really get how J is automatically blameless in everything and how it's so easy to assign a negative thought/connotation to everything B, and similarly J is ALWAYS blameless.  Even if B WAS the heartless shrew that some people see her as, it's just real life that J would have caused some of the fights, and would have been an asshole sometimes.  And it wouldn't have been justified.  And, conversely, if J was a raging monster, B wouldn't be justified in being a bitch to him, which would happen from time to time.  

I've been married a lot longer than B and J were and I know there are days that I take my husband's head off for some reason that he doesn't really deserve.  And, some days he comes home in a bad mood, spoiling for an argument.  Shit happens, life isn't perfect, stress from work boils over, or some family BS is pushing in, whatever.  You look around and realize it's not about you, and you move past it.  I can't fathom what people would say about me if cameras followed me 24/7.

No one here has made the claim that Jason was/is a saint, he isn't. That said, he also didn't put his soon/now ex down in the press every chance he got, that was Bethenny and her lawyers/team. He kept his mouth closed, never uttering a negative word about Bethenny as a wife, a mother, a business person or as a human being, again, the only one that did that to the other was Bethenny and that speaks volumes, at least to me.

What Bethenny said in conjunction to the "them" comment and how she said it left no doubt that she was upset at the idea that Jason and his family would be raising Bryn, not that Bryn would forget her but that Jason would raise her.

Why does Jason wearing his wedding ring have a negative connotation to it, they were still married. Pictures of him/Bryn were taken by the tabloids/paps that stalked both him and Bethenny after they separated and there is no indication that he is anything other than a good dad.

I also believe that had Jason moved out, Bethenny would have thwarted his access to Bryn, severely, and then used that against him in court during the custody fight. No one forged Bethenny's signature on a document nor did they hold a gun to her head to force her to sign it. It was tossed because of a technicality, not because someone tried to pull a fast one. Bethenny was well aware that her then MIL was a Pa Notary and not a NY Notary when she signed the trust documents.

9 minutes ago, smores said:

He wasn't entitled to the apartment in the first place, but him moving out would have had no bearing at all on the custody of Brynn.  People leave their spouses ALL the time and yet they still get custody and/or visitation with their children, depending on their situation/wants/needs.  So, saying that he'd never have been able to see his child again if he'd left the apartment is just ridiculous.

Bethenny first filed for "sole" custody, she amended it to "primary" custody later, so had Jason moved out, Bethenny could and would (IMO) have thwarted his visitations with Bryn to help her gain sole custody of Bryn. I have no doubts that Bethenny loves Bryn but I honestly believe she hates (outright hates) Jason more and would/has done everything she can to destroy him.

• Love 7

Who knew you could grab a white tablecloth out of the drawer (or from the hotel dining room) and make a skirt out of it.  For you older posters, it reminds me of the Carol Burnett episode when she was playing Scarlett O'Hara and made the dress out of the curtains.  It's a classic comedy sketch and one of the best ever IMO.

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, straightshooter said:

Am I the only one who saw Bethenny interviewed on Entertainment Tonight?  She had some very interesting things to say about the reunion and her fate on the show.  Is it being posted about somewhere else?  

Anyone?   

Anyone?

Bueller?

I did not see it, spill PLEASE!!!

Well, I guess it's a spoiler if it wasn't a bunch of BS to get people to watch, so...

I wish I would've recorded it, but this is the gist of what I heard:  

Spoiler

She talked about the reunion being AWFUL, and that someone gets busted in a major lie.  On her Twitter page, she says that HER story is true, but I'm not sure that's what the rest of us will think when we see it.  She basically said it was the worst day she's ever had in reality TV, and all but confirms straight out that she will not be back.

Edited by straightshooter
  • Love 2
38 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

This was posted here a few days ago but it is from Aug. 17th and she has now said she didn't mean she wasn't coming back to the show. LOL

http://www.etonline.com/news/195826_exclusive_bethenny_frankel_is_distancing_herself_from_real_housewives_of_new_york_i_left_it_behind/

It looks like what I saw was more of the same interview but different footage.  She made it pretty clear that she wouldn't be back.  (I wonder which entity made her take that "insinuation" back. ) 

Sorry, WireWrap!  I guess that might've been a little disappointing and I got your hopes up!  

Based on my interpretation of what I saw, the girl is done.  I think she was forced to retract saying that she wouldn't be.

Edited by straightshooter
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, straightshooter said:

Am I the only one who saw Bethenny interviewed on Entertainment Tonight?  She had some very interesting things to say about the reunion and her fate on the show.  Is it being posted about somewhere else?  

Anyone?   

Anyone?

Bueller?

Bethenny's relationship and the timeline with her married boyfriend is being questioned by Luann, so of course it is a big old lie and she is trying to get out in front of the lie.  Here is the problem, wait for him to at least file for divorce before vacationing together and throwing parties for them.  Don't ever throw out another sleeping with married men, when she is in fact married and her boyfriend is married.  It has been quite some time as in close to a year and the guy hasn't filed for divorce.  What is the hold up?  Bethenny flashing around a huge diamond ring on her left hand smells a little like Kim Zolciak and Big Poppa.

I believe Bethenny is waiting to see if the reward for her behavior is positive or negative as to her brand.  I can't imagine it being positive and Bethenny isn't stupid enough at this stage of her career to think all press is good.

• Love 7

That ET interview is actually entertaining, just not in the way the producers might have thought. While babbling about how terrible the reunion was, she is cutting giant wedges of watermelon and trying to balance them on goblets...given that watermelon is not dense, and will fall off easily, it was especially clumsy. Bethy has also developed a near-mania of nervous hand gestures, constantly exercising her fingers and batting them in an awkward way.  In poker they call this a tell.

And trying to push a watermelon-flavored drink a week before Labor Day?? Yeah, desperate for some commercial diversion.

The only payoff for this utterly dismal season is my hope that Lu nails this lying bitch to the wall. 

• Love 5

Ok, when did Luann claim she "created" SKG? I know there has been an issue about the name SKGM between Bethenny and Luann, even though Bethenny acknowledged Luann did have a part in it when B first said the name, but I have never heard Luann claim she "created" Bethenny's business and I have never heard Bethenny make that claim either until this interview.

http://www.eonline.com/videos/251802/bethenny-frankel-teases-intense-rhony-season-8-finale

If you watch her face, she is trying to remember what to say and how to spin it. She claims she didn't "come for" John until he said she stole the name from SC! Did she not watch the show and see she was talking smack about John long before that. She even twists the Sonja TG story as Sonja "coming for" her and then finally her claims about Luann. Oh Bethenny, try spinning it all you want, the video/footage shows you as the liar and the instigator.

One last thing, did she put some type of adhesive on her forehead to keep her bangs in place? Her forehead is awfully shiny like something is on it and when she moves her head, the bangs do not move at all. LOL I guess she did that to help hide how thin her hair really is.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 4

Beth's latest (well not really.  That was yesterday.  There was another one tonight) with ET.  We get to see inside rooms that have never been seen before.  The headline is inside Beth's 'glamorous' Hamptons home.  The house seems to be growing.  Now Beth claims that it's almost 4000 square feet.  That's not what the real estate listings are saying. 

She also says:  “Everyone’s stopping by all day long. At any given day, there are at least five to 10 people,” she explains. “They just come in, they have a coffee, they take a swim -- it's just very easy.”

There was another interview with Beth tonight on ET.  She claims that Tom was making out with a woman for two hours and throws a lot of shade at Lu. Nothing up on the web on that yet.

http://www.etonline.com/news/196215_exclusive_inside_bethenny_frankel_glamorous_hamptons_home/

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Beth's latest (well not really.  That was yesterday.  There was another one tonight) with ET.  We get to see inside rooms that have never been seen before.  The headline is inside Beth's 'glamorous' Hamptons home.  The house seems to be growing.  Now Beth claims that it's almost 4000 square feet.  That's not what the real estate listings are saying. 

She also says:  “Everyone’s stopping by all day long. At any given day, there are at least five to 10 people,” she explains. “They just come in, they have a coffee, they take a swim -- it's just very easy.”

There was another interview with Beth tonight on ET.  She claims that Tom was making out with a woman for two hours and throws a lot of shade at Lu. Nothing up on the web on that yet.

http://www.etonline.com/news/196215_exclusive_inside_bethenny_frankel_glamorous_hamptons_home/

Spin it, Spin it, Spin it. Hopefully she spins hard enough to spin off of this show! LOL

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Ok, when did Luann claim she "created" SKG? I know there has been an issue about the name SKGM between Bethenny and Luann, even though Bethenny acknowledged Luann did have a part in it when B first said the name, but I have never heard Luann claim she "created" Bethenny's business and I have never heard Bethenny make that claim either until this interview.

http://www.eonline.com/videos/251802/bethenny-frankel-teases-intense-rhony-season-8-finale

If you watch her face, she is trying to remember what to say and how to spin it. She claims she didn't "come for" John until he said she stole the name from SC! Did she not watch the show and see she was talking smack about John long before that. She even twists the Sonja TG story as Sonja "coming for" her and then finally her claims about Luann. Oh Bethenny, try spinning it all you want, the video/footage shows you as the liar and the instigator.

One last thing, did she put some type of adhesive on her forehead to keep her bangs in place? Her forehead is awfully shiny like something is on it and when she moves her head, the bangs do not move at all. LOL I guess she did that to help hide how thin her hair really is.

I don't think it's because her hair is thin but rather it's just hair sprayed to death.  It's not a good look for her at all.

It does seem rather late in the season to promote a 'summer' drink but she's pushing really hard. 

• Love 3

Really not a good look...and her "they're coming for me" spin is not a good look either.  Must have worked on this spin for a while and tried it out with her PR team. Well, fail.  

It might play only with someone who has not watched a single episode, but angry, aggressive Bethy, interrogating and insulting her way thru the season while hiding her affair with a married  man, and using every vulgar insult at her command...is not a savvy business person. She may be even more reactive and thin-skinned than Donald Trump. She owns absolutely none of her awful behavior. And in what world do women refer to their work colleagues on national TV as "a whore". Does she think she is still in junior high and passing around a slam book?

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

I don't think it's because her hair is thin but rather it's just hair sprayed to death.  It's not a good look for her at all.

It does seem rather late in the season to promote a 'summer' drink but she's pushing really hard. 

I'm not so sure. That shinny line is just above her eyebrows and goes the width of her forehead but not the upper forehead. LOL Her bangs would still move, in unison, when she shook her head like the rest of her hair did if it was only hairspray. LOL Oh, and her hair is thin and getting thinner each year. My guess it is caused by stress and poor eating habits.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I'm not so sure. That shinny line is just above her eyebrows and goes the width of her forehead but not the upper forehead. LOL Her bangs would still move, in unison, when she shook her head like the rest of her hair did if it was only hairspray. LOL Oh, and her hair is thin and getting thinner each year. My guess it is caused by stress and poor eating habits.

Maybe.  I guess I don't pay enough attention.....  Maybe it's because she spent so much time bleeding from every part of her body. :)

In any event her first 'short' haircut was so much more attractive.  Hello 2016 and goodbye the nineties. 

• Love 3

In what world does someone who is in her words gushing blood from her vadge repeatedly doing upside down splits in public and wearing white pants and bikinis with spread legs like she does? She's said even with heavy pads she's bleeding into the seat of her car and furniture.

Second I don't get why she has a permanent town car and driver in NYC puting around daily. Doesn't that mean hours a day sitting idle in the stop and go traffic what is she Mr Big from Sex in the City? 

Finally don't care about the size of the Hamptons house we get it you're very rich (tm Nene) and the amount of people hanging out isn't impressive given she makes her staff go with her everywhere and work in her homes.  

• Love 10
7 hours ago, breezy424 said:

If you have a beverage to promote Labor Day is absolutely huge, especially if it's a fruity type drink. This is the last big party weekend of the summer and the opportunity to close out the year successfully. You had better be talking about it and promoting what you've got like a crazy person. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Double-sided tape?

Minority opinion here, but, I think LuLu did help with the SGM name. If that had been a branding session and I said I was having a skinny girl's margarita and my counterpart said, Oh! A skinnygirl margarita, I would have said, Great! Love it!

I don't think LuLu deserves a cut but I also don't think she deserves the B-treatment. I do think Heather had a point.

• Love 6
36 minutes ago, NewDigs said:

Double-sided tape?

Minority opinion here, but, I think LuLu did help with the SGM name. If that had been a branding session and I said I was having a skinny girl's margarita and my counterpart said, Oh! A skinnygirl margarita, I would have said, Great! Love it!

I don't think LuLu deserves a cut but I also don't think she deserves the B-treatment. I do think Heather had a point.

If only she had used super glue on her mouth! LOL

Her claim that Luann says she "created" SKG is out of nowhere and she is only saying it now as an excuse for her horrid behavior toward Luann all season. At least she has dropped the excuse that she told Luann because they were "friends" lie but she has replaced it with another lie, one that is even more far fetched IMO.  

• Love 4
3 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

If you have a beverage to promote Labor Day is absolutely huge, especially if it's a fruity type drink. This is the last big party weekend of the summer and the opportunity to close out the year successfully. You had better be talking about it and promoting what you've got like a crazy person. 

Bethenny described it as a launch.  One would think after the launches in Chicago, much earlier in the summer, this would be what  you called it a promotion.  Launch equal press, promo not so much.  I think Bethenny wanted to get her last licks in before the Reunion.

Another little thing Luann posted this  

So it looks like ET was making the rounds.

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Bethenny described it as a launch.  One would think after the launches in Chicago, much earlier in the summer, this would be what  you called it a promotion.  Launch equal press, promo not so much.  I think Bethenny wanted to get her last licks in before the Reunion.

Another little thing Luann posted this  

So it looks like ET was making the rounds.

Where I work we consider any item that is new in the last year to still be launching.  I'm still technically launching several items that were new to the market back in January. It takes a long time to get distribution and to make the public aware of an item. Any time I am with people who need to be aware of one of my items and I'm not talking about them, I'm not doing my job. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Where I work we consider any item that is new in the last year to still be launching.  I'm still technically launching several items that were new to the market back in January. It takes a long time to get distribution and to make the public aware of an item. Any time I am with people who need to be aware of one of my items and I'm not talking about them, I'm not doing my job. 

Would part if your year long launch include interviews where you disparaged co-workers?  I don't think distribution for Bethenny is a problem, I do think it was a good opportunity to talk about  Luann and Tom, uninterrupted.  Makes it sound like Skinnygirl is for angry, vindictive bitches.  I get that Bethenny is protecting her brand but at some point, she needs to be a little smoother.  Much like Sonja can't be smart and stupid, Bethenny brand is either established and bulletproof or it is not.  I think she does her brand a bigger disservice by being a Rottweiler.

It is reminiscent of Heather Thomson and her poorly thought out battle with Spanx.  The founder Sara Blakely is basically a saint and she truly developed shapewear as we know it today.  Heather decided to personalize the possible infringement battle and it backfired. Comments like, "She (Sara Blakely) better be ready for war." Heather has so many positives in her life and she didn't need to tear down Sara Blakely.  Sara Blakely gave it very little press other than to say Spanx had a tank top on the market since before Heather's company was founded.  Spanx did assert the timing of Heather's lawsuit coincided with a press for the RHONYC.   Heather tried and failed to tarnish a giant, the giant stood firm in her brand and made Heather look foolish.   No insults, no hash tagged tweets such as Heather's like #ShameOnYouSpanx, Sara just kept doing business and let counsel handle it.  

To me the face of a company should be somewhat restrained.  I get that Bethenny started as a reality star, but I can't imagine this helping her brand at this point.  Think more like Sara Blakely and less like a hood rat.  Granted Sara is worth billions and the first woman to join the Bill Gates, Warren Buffett club of giving half their wealth to charity.  I just think Bethenny should take that road in dealing with her perceived brand attacks.  Maybe she needs to live her life and not the life of  Skinnygirl.  It always seem like whenever her back is against the wall and she over reacts or attacks and always has the fall back, my brand, my business.  Not every dislike of Bethenny is an attack on her business, sometimes she earns it in spite of her success. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

To me the face of a company should be somewhat restrained. 

On some level I think Bethy knows this...but she is unable to act on that knowledge. The whole watermelon launch, with new hairdo etc. is an attempt to burnish her brand with upscale flourishes. Even the Hampton's house can lend some glamour to her brand, if she plays it right. But she doesn't. 

You would never catch Martha Stewart claiming her home was decorated via Home Goods...no matter the incentive. Her Hamptons place and the one in Bedford, NY, are both showcases for her brand and very upscale.  Then, when she did choose to do lower priced goods for K-mart (??) iirc, it had her aura. And she surprised every one by having her towels and sheets well-made and well-designed. I remember the somewhat shocked NYTimes giving it a very positive review. 

She successfully ran parallel lines of merchandise without cheapening her brand...not an easy thing to pull off.

Bethy's problem is that she can hire stylists to do the external flourishes, but she gives it away by her truly despicable, low-rent behavior. I am trying to imagine Martha totally losing it on television with a rampage of "fuckdoll, slut, whore" etc. Nothing screams trailer trash more than Bethy.  And yes, that is what hurts her brand.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, NewDigs said:

Always klassy. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Oh geeze louise.  I hope she purchased those watermelons that she planted her skinny ass on top of. 

Idk if that 2nd picture is supposed to be sexy, but it is hella awkward looking.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Would part if your year long launch include interviews where you disparaged co-workers?  I don't think distribution for Bethenny is a problem, I do think it was a good opportunity to talk about  Luann and Tom, uninterrupted.  Makes it sound like Skinnygirl is for angry, vindictive bitches.  I get that Bethenny is protecting her brand but at some point, she needs to be a little smoother.  Much like Sonja can't be smart and stupid, Bethenny brand is either established and bulletproof or it is not.  I think she does her brand a bigger disservice by being a Rottweiler.

It is reminiscent of Heather Thomson and her poorly thought out battle with Spanx.  The founder Sara Blakely is basically a saint and she truly developed shapewear as we know it today.  Heather decided to personalize the possible infringement battle and it backfired. Comments like, "She (Sara Blakely) better be ready for war." Heather has so many positives in her life and she didn't need to tear down Sara Blakely.  Sara Blakely gave it very little press other than to say Spanx had a tank top on the market since before Heather's company was founded.  Spanx did assert the timing of Heather's lawsuit coincided with a press for the RHONYC.   Heather tried and failed to tarnish a giant, the giant stood firm in her brand and made Heather look foolish.   No insults, no hash tagged tweets such as Heather's like #ShameOnYouSpanx, Sara just kept doing business and let counsel handle it.  

To me the face of a company should be somewhat restrained.  I get that Bethenny started as a reality star, but I can't imagine this helping her brand at this point.  Think more like Sara Blakely and less like a hood rat.  Granted Sara is worth billions and the first woman to join the Bill Gates, Warren Buffett club of giving half their wealth to charity.  I just think Bethenny should take that road in dealing with her perceived brand attacks.  Maybe she needs to live her life and not the life of  Skinnygirl.  It always seem like whenever her back is against the wall and she over reacts or attacks and always has the fall back, my brand, my business.  Not every dislike of Bethenny is an attack on her business, sometimes she earns it in spite of her success. 

I'm not on a reality TV show, but I certainly disparage my co-workers. All the time. Probably every single day. I will probably do it in the next 5 minutes because someone just irritated me like you wouldn't believe. I just do it in the privacy of my own home, or with my hubby or family. Or with another co-worker who is equally irritated. I'm not on a reality TV show. For the most part, no one gives two shits what I think. If I had a camera following me around, or if I was invited to be on a TV show or do an interview about my business, I would disparage my co-workers during that process, if the reason I was on the talk show or doing an interview was because of the fact that I'm on a reality TV show and I didn't like my co-workers. I am still stunned that people try and make a connection between regular people living their lives and people who live their lives on the TV. Strange to keep reading after all these years. 

• Love 4

Yeah that second pic really does not show off the Monster's assets.  Assuming she has any.  She looks like a mostly eaten chicken wing tossed back on a novelty platter. 

The timing is a bit weird for her continued "launch"/"promotion" grab for attention while making cash.  I would have thought the big push would have been a huger push out the gate during the 4th and then a more subtle push of the item in an ancillary way as the summer season draws to a close.  But I guess if the word in the beverage market is in regards to Suntory seeing SK as a squeeze it dry point with simple flavor shifts back and forth (or as I heard it,   half the novelty lines from Beam are going all Bartles & James on Suntory it seems), you dance and jiggle your wares like a monkey to that organ grinder and hope damn well there are plenty who put the fear of body image over simple taste. 

And speaking of awkwardness in an image... does that necklace Luann is wearing give her an electric shock if she tries to stray from her own lawn?  Or does it hold a daily breakdown of a week worth of her meds?  That or she thought a candy necklace would look classy when she attached an old birth control pill container to it.

• Love 7
32 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I'm not on a reality TV show, but I certainly disparage my co-workers. All the time. Probably every single day. I will probably do it in the next 5 minutes because someone just irritated me like you wouldn't believe. I just do it in the privacy of my own home, or with my hubby or family. Or with another co-worker who is equally irritated. I'm not on a reality TV show. For the most part, no one gives two shits what I think. If I had a camera following me around, or if I was invited to be on a TV show or do an interview about my business, I would disparage my co-workers during that process, if the reason I was on the talk show or doing an interview was because of the fact that I'm on a reality TV show and I didn't like my co-workers. I am still stunned that people try and make a connection between regular people living their lives and people who live their lives on the TV. Strange to keep reading after all these years. 

My point was she has a brand, a brand she is proud of.  Does it help or hurt her brand to disparage co-workers?  Doing a launch right after the penultimate episode, on the up side it insures publicity from the ET, E News, Access Hollywood, on the downside she is surrounded by her product and when they run the story, they are using clips of you calling another woman a whore, slut and showing the drama.  Controversy doesn't always sell.  In Bethenny's process she is now tearing down the reputation of another business person someone she has zero relationship with and most likely never will.

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, tenativelyyours said:

And speaking of awkwardness in an image... does that necklace Luann is wearing give her an electric shock if she tries to stray from her own lawn?  Or does it hold a daily breakdown of a week worth of her meds?  That or she thought a candy necklace would look classy when she attached an old birth control pill container to it.

Luann's ever-present giant necklaces are almost as ridiculous as Bethenny's ever-present bikinis.  ENOUGH OF BOTH ALREADY!

• Love 8
10 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I'm scratching my head trying to figure out why the ratings are pretty decent now.  That's because I'm finding Bethenny so terribly difficult (actually, nearly impossible) to watch now -- precisely because she seems to have amped up her viciousness & cruelty & horribleness to the absolute max.  And she's pointing her endless & relentless & evil horribleness at the various cast members who haven't been kissing her ass this season -- and all for our entertainment.  Lucky us, eh?  Personally, I'm finding her horribleness absolutely revolting & repulsive, and (at least to me) not interesting or fascinating in the least.

But given that what we're really watching is someone who is attacking people she's working with -- and ever so mercilessly & with such exceptional cruelty, I'm wondering if viewers are watching this & thinking Bethenny is behaving in a way they would NEVER behave in their real lives, but might fantasize they could or would -- if they had the nerve to, or if they completely lost any sense of sanity.  Because let's face it, while most of us might disparage co-workers, we maintain some sense of discretion, or no work would ever get done, would it?  Or if discretion isn't used, when disparaging co-workers, it could make for a pretty unpleasant & hostile & extremely volatile work environment.  Seems to be the formula for reality TV.  But does it work in real life?  Uh, not so much.

Yes, I agree about equating a reality show to reality -- well, it can be kinda pointless & silly.  And yet . . . 

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 7

I think that she knows her audience and that they like her persona.

she is not after older, more established women, imo but rather those who are younger and on the come up.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

My point was she has a brand, a brand she is proud of.  Does it help or hurt her brand to disparage co-workers?  Doing a launch right after the penultimate episode, on the up side it insures publicity from the ET, E News, Access Hollywood, on the downside she is surrounded by her product and when they run the story, they are using clips of you calling another woman a whore, slut and showing the drama.  Controversy doesn't always sell.  In Bethenny's process she is now tearing down the reputation of another business person someone she has zero relationship with and most likely never will.

They are all walking a fine line with their branding. Beth has never had a filter. This is the gal who took a pee in a bucket in her wedding dress - on camera. A girl to sat on a toilet and took a pregnancy test - on camera. Still, she was successful. She has always said whatever was on her mind. Some people like that. Others will be turned off by her behavior.  Lu could turn people off as well. Some people wouldn't buy a frock from a gal who publicly cheated with her man on camera. Some wouldn't buy a frock from a gal who took a guy into a bathroom for whatever reason she took him into a bathroom. If just that scene was shown during one of her appearances to promote her brand, some would be turned off by it. Others would be turned off by a gal that could walk into a bar and walk out with a guy she didn't know at all, who was on a date with another woman. Others wouldn't care one little bit. If Beth being on a reality TV show is good for her brand (I have no idea, but it would be interesting to see sales figures from two years ago and compare them to the sales now), disparaging her co-workers shouldn't really be a problem. That is what they do on a reality TV show. What Beth needs to do is to get her brand in as many stores as she possibly can (yes, distribution matters - nothing else matters nearly as much as this) and hope that enough people pick it up and don't know/care about her public persona. The best thing in the world that Beth ever did was to lauch a brand called SG and not put her name on it. Some people who buy it have zero idea who she is. As I've said before, I tried her Margarita the first time when my cute hubby (who loves margaritas more than life itself) brought it home. He had zero idea who she was when he did that. I was recently at my monthly Bunco party and someone had some of her truffles there. Again, the person hosting had no idea who Beth was, but had tried the product some place else and loved it. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, LIMOM said:

I think that she knows her audience and that they like her persona.

she is not after older, more established women, imo but rather those who are younger and on the come up.

Yes, I suspect that you might be right about this (question; do younger people/women make up a large demographic for HW shows??? I thought, perhaps wrongly, the opposite).  But if true, what does this say about role model, choices and all of that? Not trying to sound stupid philosophical, but this seems to me another example of a climate of unpleasantness, unprofessional and flat out nasty behavior which I choose not to reward by giving such people/companies my money. I never have and never will put a dime in Bethenny's pocket by supporting any of her crappy products, whether she owns the company now or not.

Lu could turn people off as well. Some people wouldn't buy a frock from a gal who publicly cheated with her man on camera. Some wouldn't buy a frock from a gal who took a guy into a bathroom for whatever reason she took him into a bathroom.

And some people won't buy an ugly, poorly designed and constructed frock made from what looks to be shit fabric. JMO.

Edited by Beden
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

They are all walking a fine line with their branding. Beth has never had a filter. This is the gal who took a pee in a bucket in her wedding dress - on camera. A girl to sat on a toilet and took a pregnancy test - on camera. Still, she was successful. She has always said whatever was on her mind. Some people like that. Others will be turned off by her behavior.  Lu could turn people off as well. Some people wouldn't buy a frock from a gal who publicly cheated with her man on camera. Some wouldn't buy a frock from a gal who took a guy into a bathroom for whatever reason she took him into a bathroom. If just that scene was shown during one of her appearances to promote her brand, some would be turned off by it. Others would be turned off by a gal that could walk into a bar and walk out with a guy she didn't know at all, who was on a date with another woman. Others wouldn't care one little bit. If Beth being on a reality TV show is good for her brand (I have no idea, but it would be interesting to see sales figures from two years ago and compare them to the sales now), disparaging her co-workers shouldn't really be a problem. That is what they do on a reality TV show. What Beth needs to do is to get her brand in as many stores as she possibly can (yes, distribution matters - nothing else matters nearly as much as this) and hope that enough people pick it up and don't know/care about her public persona. The best thing in the world that Beth ever did was to lauch a brand called SG and not put her name on it. Some people who buy it have zero idea who she is. As I've said before, I tried her Margarita the first time when my cute hubby (who loves margaritas more than life itself) brought it home. He had zero idea who she was when he did that. I was recently at my monthly Bunco party and someone had some of her truffles there. Again, the person hosting had no idea who Beth was, but had tried the product some place else and loved it. 

I get Bethenny has a large following but don't her partners want to appeal to as many people as possible?  She has great distribution with her partners, I even noticed my local chain store added her candy recently.  Same number of packages two weeks later and that makes three Skinnygirl products they carry.

• Love 1

I see at the reunion, Lu says to her outright, "You are a horrible woman."  Well, isn't it about time someone told her that -- right up to her shaved jaw mug?  Certainly, the way she has behaved toward Lu this season warrants & justifies that statement.

What I'm wondering is what her reaction will be.  Deflection & denial?  Or a dismissive & sneering shrug, along with an insistence of how this is who she is -- because she was raised by wolves or gives zero fucks or whatever other lame & ridiculous excuse she gives for her horribleness.

At this point Bethenny is merely putting out what she thinks viewers expect to see of her.  She thinks they expect her to be vicious & cruel & evil & horrible, and they're entertained by her being this way.  She's merely feeding into what she thinks viewers wanna see of her.  But I say this is exactly who she is, and she's just fine & dandy being evil, vicious & horrible to everyone & anyone near her.

As far as what affect her horribleness will have on her brand?  Clearly, she doesn't think it will have any negative impact.  We can only assume she's under the belief her mere appearance on the show, whatever her behavior, & no matter how awful & vicious & horrible she is to others, will benefit sales of her brand.  Really?  Let's just see how that strategy works out for ya, Ms. Marketing & Branding Genius.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 10

I went to the ball park last night and had a watermelon flavored drink.

Fucking Jack Daniels knows how to make a drink.

---------

Whenever I hear about some company or skillethead that makes a misstep either in their biz or personal life, I tend to avoid buying anything associated with them.

I'll never put on another pair of nike tennis shoes because of their labor practices - if they pay someone 10 dollars a day to put together tennis shoes that cost 75 dollars a pop - and the poor schlub making them puts out, say, 40 pairs every 10 hours?

Something isn't right.

I am not in her demographic, but I'd never purchase anything that was skinny girl. For the simple reason that she is a piece of shit.

I can see women walking up to Methenny on the street to tell her that they love her product and after they walk away?

They are laughed at for their clothes, hair, purse.........get the idea?

• Love 10

As far as what affect her horribleness will have on her brand?  Clearly, she doesn't think it will have any negative impact.  We can only assume she's under the belief her mere appearance on the show, whatever her behavior, & no matter how awful & vicious & horrible she is to others, will benefit sales of her brand.  Really?  Let's just see how that strategy works out for ya, Ms. Marketing & Branding Genius.

I've never bought into the idea that there's no such thing as bad publicity. Yes, there is. I also choose not to purchase products from companies I have ethical or moral problems with, as is my right. This is a big reason why negative campaigning in every election since the beginning of time works and why we're being subjected to it in yet another election cycle (and no, I'm not singling out any candidates or party).

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Beden said:

I've never bought into the idea that there's no such thing as bad publicity. Yes, there is. I also choose not to purchase products from companies I have ethical or moral problems with, as is my right. This is a big reason why negative campaigning in every election since the beginning of time works and why we're being subjected to it in yet another election cycle (and no, I'm not singling out any candidates or party).

To add to your post, Bethenny herself has said, the last few weeks in interviews, that her "brand/business" has been hurt this season and that she considered not returning to the show next season. She has gone so far now as to say the "only" reason she went at someone is because they "came for her business first". Of course that in itself is a lie, she was going in on them well before any of them said squat about SKG but why worry about the little details like the truth. LOL

• Love 10