Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, NewDigs said:

Bold mine.

I thought the inscription that Bethy wrote in Lu's copy of her book kind of thanked Lu or said kind things to LuLu re: her help/support/something with B's SGM launch.

And I can't remember what precipitated Heather's joke about Bethy owing LuLu a car for helping(?) the SGM success. But if I remember correctly Bethy 'bout got whiplash upon hearing her.

Bethy just can't let go. She's a must-win-at-all-costs pugilist. I think even if no one mentioned the issue again B would be unable to let it go. It would appear that even after vanquishing her foes she needs to tear their entrails from their bodies for a bloody display. 

Lu has toilet paper, in case of an emergency?

I don't hunt.

But, I know enough to make sure whatever you shoot/kill/cull from the herd better be dead when you DO go up to rip that effer open. The mistake that Methanny makes is that she is so intent on standing over her kill, she is going to forget to check.

Hurt or wounded animals aren't anything to be messed with.

The line goes,

"But all are not huntsmen, who blow the huntsman's horn

And by the look of this one? We've not got much to fear."

I consider BF more an Elmer Fudd kinda hunter, anyway.

Thuffering Thuccotash!

• Love 3

Uh, what similarities would there be btw LVP and Bethenny -- other than they are both human beings & female?  That's all I can come up with.  And since Bethenny has more monster & wolf in her, than characteristics of being female or human being, it still doesn't work.  No, Bethenny is unique & on her own in her horribleness.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, WireWrap said:

LisaV and Bethenny are nothing alike in how they handle their respective businesses, nothing. We have never heard Lisa rip into someone, accuse them of "doing lines" (snorting coke) freeze them out of 1/2 of a season or call them Whore, Slut or Plastic F Doll. Does Lisa "protect" her business reputation, Yes, but she does so in a dignified way not like a BSC deranged harpy, aka/Bethenny style.

Certainly they are nothing alike in general, but both are passionate in protecting their business, even if the threat isn't evident to the masses.  Both will never forget a person that goes after their business. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Certainly they are nothing alike in general, but both are passionate in protecting their business, even if the threat isn't evident to the masses.  Both will never forget a person that goes after their business. 

I will give you that but the differences in how they handle it are more important IMO. Class and style far out weigh the BSC rabid dog approach. The first, draws you in and keeps you coming back to her business, the latter shocks and pushes you away from her business.

Bethenny is at the point of repelling more buyers than attracting them and that is bad business. Eventually she will drive away enough buyers that her business will fold because no one will partner with her. She is not producing her "products", she is partnering with manufactures who want the products they produce to sell. I honestly think that Bethenny is putting her personal quest for "fame" first, well before sound business sense, I think Fame is more important to her now.   

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I will give you that but the differences in how they handle it are more important IMO. Class and style far out weigh the BSC rabid dog approach. The first, draws you in and keeps you coming back to her business, the latter shocks and pushes you away from her business.

Bethenny is at the point of repelling more buyers than attracting them and that is bad business. Eventually she will drive away enough buyers that her business will fold because no one will partner with her. She is not producing her "products", she is partnering with manufactures who want the products they produce to sell. I honestly think that Bethenny is putting her personal quest for "fame" first, well before sound business sense, I think Fame is more important to her now.   

No question, their styles of protecting their businesses are very different. I prefer one over the other, but that is just a matter of preference. 

• Love 1

Er, I'm picturing Bethenny screaming "STFU" (and it's making me shudder) & calling Lu a slut -- and I'm thinking that's about as far away as one can get to being similar to LVP.  

Well,  I'm now watching the Boris Karloff marathon on TCM & seeing many similarities to the monsters he played & Bethenny.  Maybe Satan Andy should send Ben Mankiewicz a thank you muffin basket for this reminder of the monstrous Bethenny.  But hey, Satan Andy, don't send Ben any of that dumb Bravo shit cuz that would be more of a fuck you than a thank you.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 4
28 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Er, I'm picturing Bethenny screaming "STFU" (and shuddering btw) & calling Lu a slut & thinking that's about as far as one can get to being similar to LVP.  

Well,  I'm now watching the Boris Karloff marathon on TCM & seeing many similarities to the monsters he played & Bethenny.  Maybe Satan Andy should send Ben Mankiewicz a thank you muffin basket for this reminder of the monstrous Bethenny.  But hey, Satan Andy, don't send any of that dumb Bravo shit cuz that would be more of a fuck you than a thank you.

I don't think LisaV has ever screamed on camera let alone screamed STFU while calling someone a slut, not even Brandi! LOL Lisa has something Bethenny will never posses and that is self control.

• Love 11
22 hours ago, bosawks said:

To be fair if I was on a show with Beth I'd be one toke over the line every.damn.day!

Sweet Jesus.......

Pot for me and probably some Angel Dust.

100 points for bringing up an old stoner lyric.

------------

Again?

People who climb to the rooftops and SCREAM about ANY topic need to sweep off their own stoop before the go start on the street.

• Love 4

Although Bethenney™ DESCRIBED her alcoholic beverage as a low caloric drink--a "skinny girl's margarita",  I firmly declare that LuAnn was the first to CREATE and UTILIZE  the moniker, 'SkinnyGirl' margarita. And, since Bethenney™ has ever so graciously 'branded'  LuAnn as FUCKDOLL, WHORE, SLUT,..., I think it only fair that LuAnn is accredited for her name-branding role. 

• Love 5

I hope it is ok to post this here.

Over at LipstickAlley, there are some posts from someone who claims to know the daughter of Bethenny's boyfriend.  

In response to a comment about Bethenny supposedly trying to call her BF's daughter while at the reunion, this person says that the daughter is very close to her mother and does not like Bethenny.  She has gone to the Hamptons with them because her father has asked the kids to be nice.

She (the poster) has met the wife a couple of times and claims she is very nice.  She says that Jill (wife) and Bethenny were definitely friends and Jill and her husband used to go to dinners with Bethenny.  The daughter has never told this person how the relationship with Bethenny started, but she (the daughter) was suspicious when her father started becoming distant from her mother.  

The poster has never met Bethenny, but says the daughter has told her that Bethenny snapchats everything and is obsessed with attention and that she barely pays attention to Brynn because she is too busy "putting on a show" for her "friends".

http://www.lipstickalley.com/showthread.php/1014901-Real-Housewives-of-NYC-Season-8/page138

The first post is number #2062.  There are only a few more after that.

I just thought it was interesting. 

I don't think LisaV has ever screamed on camera let alone screamed STFU while calling someone a slut, not even Brandi! LOL Lisa has something Bethenny will never posses and that is self control.

LVP actually has two things Bethenny will never have:  self-control and class!

• Love 10
14 minutes ago, mwell345 said:

I hope it is ok to post this here.

Over at LipstickAlley, there are some posts from someone who claims to know the daughter of Bethenny's boyfriend.  

In response to a comment about Bethenny supposedly trying to call her BF's daughter while at the reunion, this person says that the daughter is very close to her mother and does not like Bethenny.  She has gone to the Hamptons with them because her father has asked the kids to be nice.

She (the poster) has met the wife a couple of times and claims she is very nice.  She says that Jill (wife) and Bethenny were definitely friends and Jill and her husband used to go to dinners with Bethenny.  The daughter has never told this person how the relationship with Bethenny started, but she (the daughter) was suspicious when her father started becoming distant from her mother.  

The poster has never met Bethenny, but says the daughter has told her that Bethenny snapchats everything and is obsessed with attention and that she barely pays attention to Brynn because she is too busy "putting on a show" for her "friends".

http://www.lipstickalley.com/showthread.php/1014901-Real-Housewives-of-NYC-Season-8/page138

The first post is number #2062.  There are only a few more after that.

I just thought it was interesting. 

LVP actually has two things Bethenny will never have:  self-control and class!

Did you see this? Hysterical!

• Love 13

I wonder how many of us here started off loving Beth in the first season but after the last two now despise her.   I just can't believe being on this show a second time around has been great for her brand.

• Love 9
On 8/26/2016 at 6:14 PM, NewDigs said:

Bold mine.

I thought the inscription that Bethy wrote in Lu's copy of her book kind of thanked Lu or said kind things to LuLu re: her help/support/something with B's SGM launch.

And I can't remember what precipitated Heather's joke about Bethy owing LuLu a car for helping(?) the SGM success. But if I remember correctly Bethy 'bout got whiplash upon hearing her.

Bethy just can't let go. She's a must-win-at-all-costs pugilist. I think even if no one mentioned the issue again B would be unable to let it go. It would appear that even after vanquishing her foes she needs to tear their entrails from their bodies for a bloody display. 

EXACTLY! It was actually Heather who put the spin on Beth owing something for helping her name it. Number 1 it was a joke and number 2 it was Heather's mistake to put the whole exchange in the context of Lu helping name the drink. If you go back and see Lu explain the inscription to Heather she doesn't really claim anything of the sort. She retells the story pretty accurate to what the added Flashback shows us. It was really a benign conversation with Lu actually expressing excitement to have been with Beth when she refers to her drink on camera. Also the clip shows that it really wasn't a BRAND name yet. Beth says I call it the Skinny girl's margarita. The fact that it then truly turned into her official brand NAME for her Business, not just the drink is what makes it that much more of an occasion to Lu I think. Cause she was experiencing just a drink that Beth came up with and that same reference turns into Beth's WHOLE brand. Beth comes for Lu as if Lu is suggesting that she came up with the one word SKINNYGIRL brand name for Beth's entire empire and all she did was explain an inscription that was leading enough for Heather and Carole to wonder what the hell Beth meant and needed Lu to elaborate. So in all actuality it was Beth's owns words that caused the spark of interest and Lu never claimed anything in her explanation to Heather and Carole. Again it was Heather, who was making an obvious joke that planted that whole seed into Beth's mind accidentally.

• Love 9

I think that LuLu did help a bit with naming the brand. 

There would be no SkinnyGirl brand w/o the SkinnyGirlMargarita.

If Bethy doesn't recognize that rather innocuous exchange as a lightbulb moment she's, imho, dense or in denial. 

The fact that LuLu disclaims the extent of what I think of as her SG input speaks more, imho, to LuLu's courtesy. I think LuLu uses some of her "Countess" protocols often.

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, NewDigs said:

I think that LuLu did help a bit with naming the brand. 

There would be no SkinnyGirl brand w/o the SkinnyGirlMargarita.

If Bethy doesn't recognize that rather innocuous exchange as a lightbulb moment she's, imho, dense or in denial. 

The fact that LuLu disclaims the extent of what I think of as her SG input speaks more, imho, to LuLu's courtesy. I think LuLu uses some of her "Countess" protocols often.

I agree. It was a lightbulb moment and Lu was in fact there when it happened. Hearing Lu order it and say it to a waitress was probably the moment where she it really sounded like a real product and not just a recipe for a drink.

Where was Beth in her marketing of her business? Was she even going in a specific SKINNYGIRL direction or was she still more about trying to kick off her drink recipes? I can't remember what she was officially shilling at the time and if she had any sponsors or potential business investors at that point or if she even had a specific direction. Cause remember Beth was throwing a bunch of stuff at the walls trying to get something to stick so I was just wondering if she was FOCUSED on this whole skinny girls margarita or if it was just another ONE of her many avenues of attempts at something that sticks.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

I agree. It was a lightbulb moment and Lu was in fact there when it happened. Hearing Lu order it and say it to a waitress was probably the moment where she it really sounded like a real product and not just a recipe for a drink.

Where was Beth in her marketing of her business? Was she even going in a specific SKINNYGIRL direction or was she still more about trying to kick off her drink recipes? I can't remember what she was officially shilling at the time and if she had any sponsors or potential business investors at that point or if she even had a specific direction. Cause remember Beth was throwing a bunch of stuff at the walls trying to get something to stick so I was just wondering if she was FOCUSED on this whole skinny girls margarita or if it was just another ONE of her many avenues of attempts at something that sticks.

This is actually a very good point.

I don't recall the "SkinnyGirl" brand actually developing until after that margarita discussion with Lu.  The only thing I can remember her hawking before that were the low-call muffins.

It does seem that the catalyst for action might have been that discussion with Lu.  Not that Lu deserves the credit, but it does seem like her comment and interest may have sparked things for Bethenny.

• Love 8

Imho, I think LuLu does deserve some credit. Not sure on what scale but...

I would guess that even if B believed that LuLu helped she would say nothing but partly because she's covering her own ass. Bethy would probably go after someone who was not giving B credit for something Bethy thought she helped with and she assumes others would do same.

She's really quite transparent. 

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

This is actually a very good point.

I don't recall the "SkinnyGirl" brand actually developing until after that margarita discussion with Lu.  The only thing I can remember her hawking before that were the low-call muffins.

It does seem that the catalyst for action might have been that discussion with Lu.  Not that Lu deserves the credit, but it does seem like her comment and interest may have sparked things for Bethenny.

I posted a recent clip where Bethenny told Seth Meyers, before the season started filming, she didn't think Skinnygirl was part of Season 1.  Betheny claimed she was paid $400,000.00 by Frangelico Season 2 to promote some drink, we never really saw.  I believe Jill made her take the Frangelico signage down as well as the Skinnygirl in a martini glass logo at her benefit.

I truly believe when Bethenny is speaking of Skinnygirl she means the ready made cocktail, not her original recipe.  So when Luann may have been there calling it a Skinny Girl Margarita, with the Patron, triple sec and lime juice, Bethenny means the ready made swill.  She had a nonsensical worded talking head during the Berkshires about adding ingredients together. . . I didn't follow it. . . . another joke that went very flat.   So they may both be right, Luann has not tried to cash in so why does Bethenny care.

• Love 5
On 8/28/2016 at 11:25 AM, WireWrap said:

Did you see this? Hysterical!

This is a amazing. I lost it around Sonja Slim ladies snacks and Dorinda's arm movements went in for the kill - just dead!

B calling her married boyfriend's daughter at the reunion? Girl what?!!?

• Love 4
4 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I posted a recent clip where Bethenny told Seth Meyers, before the season started filming, she didn't think Skinnygirl was part of Season 1.  Betheny claimed she was paid $400,000.00 by Frangelico Season 2 to promote some drink, we never really saw.  I believe Jill made her take the Frangelico signage down as well as the Skinnygirl in a martini glass logo at her benefit.

I truly believe when Bethenny is speaking of Skinnygirl she means the ready made cocktail, not her original recipe.  So when Luann may have been there calling it a Skinny Girl Margarita, with the Patron, triple sec and lime juice, Bethenny means the ready made swill.  She had a nonsensical worded talking head during the Berkshires about adding ingredients together. . . I didn't follow it. . . . another joke that went very flat.   So they may both be right, Luann has not tried to cash in so why does Bethenny care.

I can appreciate the work that beth put in to market her swill.....That said?

The margarita isn't her invention - her bastardization of the drink is. She throws Cinco de Mayo parties, complete with pinatas?  I don't trust her common sense or fucking with the culture.

She took a perfectly good drink and fucked

it up. IF YOU ARE WORRIED ABOUT gaining weight when you drink?

You shouldn't be drinking.

• Love 11

Bethenny came on the show trying to sell herself as a natural food chef and a book Naturally Thin.  Naming her drink the Skinnygirl Margarita came up on the show and rewatching the scenes she calls it a skinny girls margarita to Luann and there came the lightbulb moment when Luann repeats a skinny girl margarita.  It was her drink but she hadn't branded or came up with SkinnyGirl before that. 

But I just rewatched the Berkshire episode and with the benefit of hindsight and all we have since learned that episode I'm am telling you that the reason Bethenny went off on Luann is because after the stupid "who named the drink" conversation Luann changes the subject and asks Bethenny what is up with her, that she mentioned she has been very busy and also asks her about the guy she is dating.  You can visibly see Bethenny bristle at the mention of her bf and she moves herself across the table to sit with Ramona and boy is she rattled and angry.  She bitches about Luann, the words "I´ll f*cking smash her with a reindeer antler" are uttered.  This is NOT because of that stupid drink of hers, SHE brought that (not Luann).  She is pissed off because Luann brought up the boyfriend during filming and this was her way to change the subject and the focus so the whole weekend became a Luann bash fest. 

And that my friends is why Bethenny has been going after Luann with such venom this season.  I'll bet my house on it.  By making Tom the focus and Luann the butt of all jokes it became the storyline and B kept her dirty laundry off the show.  Well aside from her blood stained pillows.  

ps...rewatching everything I'm most disappointed with Sonja.  Luann really tried to get the girls to invite her and tried to help get her included. From a recent article about that show Difficult People (??) when Luann was invited to do a spot she asked if Sonja could be involved as well.  But as soon as Bethenny took Sonja under her wing again she lapped it up like a puppy.  Bethenny just used Sonja in her crusade against Tom and Luann.  And I say that because she was furious about Tipsy Girl but dropped it all when the threat of her own affair with a married guy was in danger of being exposed. 

• Love 19

I feel like she is overdoing the twitter snarks and interviews about how unhinged she was so that when the episodes finally air we will be tired of the whole thing and all be thinking "is that it?".    Sort of like was done for the last 3 episodes which could have easily been squeezed into one.  Aside from Jules who did get her potion out there the rest of them seem to have forgotten this is supposed to be a platform to promote themselves.  And in the case of Bethenny a platform to promote her products positively instead of negatively and if we are all honest every SG product placement was connected to negativity on her part. 

It's remarkable when you think, or know, that Andy favours B and still this is how she comes across.  He will, I suspect, do the best he can for her in the editing of the reunion as well.  Could all be a bit of a damp squib. 

• Love 6
49 minutes ago, Castina said:

...  I'm am telling you that the reason Bethenny went off on Luann is because after the stupid "who named the drink" conversation Luann changes the subject and asks Bethenny what is up with her, that she mentioned she has been very busy and also asks her about the guy she is dating.  You can visibly see Bethenny bristle at the mention of her bf and she moves herself across the table to sit with Ramona and boy is she rattled and angry.  She bitches about Luann, the words "I´ll f*cking smash her with a reindeer antler" are uttered.  This is NOT because of that stupid drink of hers, SHE brought that (not Luann).  She is pissed off because Luann brought up the boyfriend during filming and this was her way to change the subject and the focus so the whole weekend became a Luann bash fest. 

And that my friends is why Bethenny has been going after Luann with such venom this season.  I'll bet my house on it.  By making Tom the focus and Luann the butt of all jokes it became the storyline and B kept her dirty laundry off the show

So what you are saying is that it was not Bethenny who first dragged Luann's off-camera life onto the show to stick it to Luann, it was in fact Luann who tried to bring up Bethenny's off-screen life in order to use it against Bethenny?   That Luann is the person who "went there" first? 

Interesting! 

So if you are right, it is Luann's own fault for starting all this.  And she just unfortunately got bested by Bethenny at her own game and ended up holding the shitty end of the stick.  

LMAO! I love it! 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

So what you are saying is that it was not Bethenny who first dragged Luann's off-camera life onto the show to stick it to Luann, it was in fact Luann who tried to bring up Bethenny's off-screen life in order to use it against Bethenny?   That Luann is the person who "went there" first? 

Interesting! 

So if you are right, it is Luann's own fault for starting all this.  And she just unfortunately got bested by Bethenny at her own game and ended up holding the shitty end of the stick.  

LMAO! I love it! 

I don't think anything of the kind happened or the post reflects such a theory.  I believe the point was Bethenny's call to anger had more to do with Luann inquiring about her personal life-and it was a very casual inquiry.  Bethenny is now trying to say, she became unhinged over some perceived assault on her Skinnygirl brand.  Luann has said she had no idea who Bethenny was dating when they were in the Berkshires.  I believe Luann brought it up because she was in the pre-gush phase of Tom and wanted to talk about Tom. 

Interestingly enough, the article announcing Bethenny banging a married guy and who he was, came out the day before Bethenny told Luann about Tom.    Bethenny spent a lot of energy deflecting from her relationship with married guy.  First it was a preposterous denial, then it was making the rounds, including WWHL, insinuating she was dating Eric Stonestreet.    Luann unearthed the article after the Berkshires episode aired and posted a link in her blog.  Bethenny's response was another non sequitur-it is perfect we are both married. 

I am sure there will be inquiry as to when Luann knew about Bethenny's married guy.

• Love 8
28 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Interesting! 

LMAO! I love it! 

No.  Not at all.  I think it is best for people to just rewatch that episode for themselves to see how it went down.  

But if it helps to understand it better Luann wasn't hiding the fact she was dating some guy.  Before the whole conversation I highlighted in my previous post goes down Luann mentions she is seeing someone and it's clear she likes the guy.  Bethenny makes some comment about knowing who it is and that is was the same guy Ramona had been dating.  Then a TH where Bethenny says the UES is a small place and everyone knows everybody's business and calls the guy Luann is seeing the new Harry Dubin.  PRIOR to all this taking place Luann, in a conversation with Ramona, gives the initials of the guy she is dating.   So Luann isn't at fault for dragging her own personal off camera life in the way you suggest, she happily told her "friends" she was dating someone and seemed to really like him. 

Anyway.  Instead of rambling on I think it's just interesting to rewatch the Berkshire episodes with hindsight.  

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I don't think anything of the kind happened or the post reflects such a theory.  I believe the point was Bethenny's call to anger had more to do with Luann inquiring about her personal life-and it was a very casual inquiry.  Bethenny is now trying to say, she became unhinged over some perceived assault on her Skinnygirl brand.  Luann has said she had no idea who Bethenny was dating when they were in the Berkshires.  I believe Luann brought it up because she was in the pre-gush phase of Tom and wanted to talk about Tom. 

The post absolutely reflects the theory I described.  That is if you do not insist on seeing a pure truth and innocent motives in everything Luann does and nothing but lies and pure evil in every move Beth makes.  And I don't. I call 'em like I see 'em, and in this case I see Luann trying to deflect from the Skinny Girl naming discussion, and making the mistake of poking Bethenny about her personal life, knowing it was complicated and something Bethenny wanted to avoid.  A good argument could be made for Luann bringing all this on herself.

I think this is an excellent example of "when you shoot the king, you better kill him" because if you don't, he's gonna open up a can of whoop ass on you like you won't believe, lol.  Luann made a YOOOOG mistake and boy did she pay the price for it. HA

Luann unearthed the article after the Berkshires episode aired and posted a link in her blog.  Bethenny's response was another non sequitur-it is perfect we are both married. 

She posted a link outing something about Bethenny's personal life in her blog?  OMG what kind of sick evil twisted demented monster does something like that?  LOL  Seriously, If Luann plans on sitting there on the couch complaining about what happened to her the way people here have been complaining about what happened to her, I hope she is ready to be called a hypocrite.  Because it sounds to me like she fired the first salvo - and then another one not too long after.  It's her own fault her aim sucks and too bad for her that Bethenny is a better shot. 

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I think this is an excellent example of "when you shoot the king, you better kill him" because if you don't, he's gonna open up a can of whoop ass on you like you won't believe, lol.  Luann made a YOOOOG mistake and boy did she pay the price for it. HA

What you write here could very well apply to Bethenny.   Hopefully we will be closer to figuring out who the king was after the reunion.  From where I'm sitting this turned out worse for Bethenny than it did for Luann.

Btw.....Luann unearthing an article and linking to it in her blog AFTER the Berkshires episode airs where she is called a whore, a f*ckdoll and someone who can not be trusted around married men doesn't seem like a first shot to me.  Seems like a "ahem, hypocrite much" moment.

Edited by Castina
  • Love 15
15 minutes ago, Castina said:

What you write here could very well apply to Bethenny.   Hopefully we will be closer to figuring out who the king was after the reunion.  From where I'm sitting this turned out worse for Bethenny than it did for Luann.

There are some very vocal people on this board who are hitting Bethenny hard for what she did, or to be more precise "how she did it and how much joy she took in it."  But I am not seeing the Beth hate for this making headlines anywhere else. I suspect it's more of a tempest in our own tiny PTV teapot and the world at large is much less offended by how Bethenny handled things than people are here, and the majority of people watching are focusing on how nuts it is that Luann is about to marry "... Tom" the guy caught making out with some mystery woman the night before their engagement party.  I'd have to call Luann the overall loser in this whole situation, not Bethey.

Credit to Ryebread for "... Tom."  Because that will never stop being funny! 

Btw.....Luann unearthing an article and linking to it in her blog AFTER the Berkshires episode airs where she is called a whore, a f*ckdoll and someone who can not be trusted around married men doesn't seem like a first shot to me.  Seems like a "ahem, hypocrite much" moment.

That was the second shot.  Questioning Beth on camera in the Berkshires was the first one.  

You know, it occurs to me that Luann surely knew about that article before the Berkshires show aired.  But she didn't go tweeting it or anything when she first found it.  She saved it up to link on her blog for use at the most opportune time for herself.  Some could accuse her of scheming and dragging it out for her own benefit.  Maybe that's where Bethenny got the idea! lol

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

There are some very vocal people on this board who are hitting Bethenny hard for what she did, or to be more precise "how she did it and how much joy she took in it."  But I am not seeing the Beth hate for this making headlines anywhere else. I suspect it's more of a tempest in our own tiny PTV teapot and the world at large is much less offended by how Bethenny handled things than people are here, and the majority of people watching are focusing on how nuts it is that Luann is about to marry "... Tom" the guy caught making out with some mystery woman the night before their engagement party.  I'd have to call Luann the overall loser in this whole situation, not Bethey.

Credit to Ryebread for "... Tom."  Because that will never stop being funny! 

All you have to do is go read the comment section at most of the blog sites or FB and you will see that more are upset with Bethenny than Luann and it has been that way most of the season. It was more pro Bethenny during the TG/SKG fight with Sonja, except that most disliked Bethenny freezing her out. The tide really went against Bethenny during/after the Berkshire's melt down when Bethenny went rabid on Luann with the "slut/whore/plastic F doll" tirade and it hasn't turned back in Bethenny's favor since then.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, WireWrap said:

All you have to do is go read the comment section at most of the blog sites or FB and you will see that more are upset with Bethenny than Luann and it has been that way most of the season. It was more pro Bethenny during the TG/SKG fight with Sonja, except that most disliked Bethenny freezing her out. The tide really went against Bethenny during/after the Berkshire's melt down when Bethenny went rabid on Luann with the "slut/whore/plastic F doll" tirade and it hasn't turned back in Bethenny's favor since then.

Bethenny is just not coming off well this season.  I'm wondering who she would appeal to, given her sense of humor has vanished so completely.  Could anyone have actually been cheering her on when she was screeching at Lu, calling her a slut & whore & fuck-doll?  I mean, there is more sensitivity now to slut-shaming.  And that's all that crappy name calling was.  Well, except it wasn't about that at all.  Sure, on the surface it seemed to be.  But we know it wasn't.  And it wasn't about Bethenny's need to call someone out (and Lu in particular) for being a hypocrite -- which is especially laughable, given what ridiculous hypocrite she is.  No, this was all about her obsessive/compulsive drive for revenge & her relentless/endless hold of grudges.

Now, if Bethenny was truly conflicted about telling Lu of Tom's behavior with another woman . . . well, then I can see viewers being sympathetic to her.  But we know that's NOT at all what was going on.  Bethenny clearly hates Lu's guts.  Sheesh, hasn't she made it pretty fucking apparent?  Wasn't she just screaming & screeching at her not 2 eps ago about her being a slut & a whore & a fuck-doll (blech at having to type that & fuck you, Bethenny, for calling ANY woman that vile name).  No, I think Bethenny gave away her true motives when she showed her eagerness to see Lu break up with Tom.  I didn't believe Bethenny's crying over any of this for one second.  Was she conflicted about telling Lu . . . for even a second?  Ha!  It was just Bethenny's attempt at acting.  And lousy acting, I might add.  It all seemed pretty obvious to me.  She wanted to make Lu miserable & get her to break up with Tom.  It's all so foul & lowball & disgusting & underhanded.  But that's Bethenny in a nutshell.

Bethenny is the one who has been coming off poorly here.  She's mean as hell.  I can see more viewers sympathizing with Lu.  Tom is not getting a good edit, that's for sure.  Forgetting for a moment about Bethenny & her shitty part in this.  What about Moaner & Sonja?  I don't trust either of 'em.  I think they're both angling for cam time -- especially since Bethenny is getting most it.  And they're both so obviously butt-smooching Bethenny.  Ew.

Do I feel sorry for Lu?  Kinda.  But not because of Tom.  She's on her own with her decisions regarding him -- and that's the way it should be.  No, I feel sorry for Lu, because she reminds me of a Piñata, getting endlessly whacked by Bethenny.  Ugh, it's been so gruesome to watch Bethenny act like everyone in the cast is her Piñata -- to whack at her whim.  Gross.  Thanks Bethenny, for making me really hate this show now.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 14

Yes, Beth acted like a moron this season.

Between the constant shilling of her drink (which was credited with providing promotional consideration in the credits) and her relentless attack on her costars and her ex husband, she totally blew this season imo.

Her final words, once again attacking Jason for stealing. Instead of acting relieved that her ordeal is over, she still speaks badly about him.

she is lucky that the people around her are more classy and sensible and have yet to go for the jugular with her.

Poor Brynn.

On her radio show, she is now giving advice about step parenting. Bitch, he is still married to someone else. 

And she worries about Luann's sex life???????

She is nuts!

• Love 11
3 hours ago, LIMOM said:

Yes, Beth acted like a moron this season.

Between the constant shilling of her drink (which was credited with providing promotional consideration in the credits) and her relentless attack on her costars and her ex husband, she totally blew this season imo.

Her final words, once again attacking Jason for stealing. Instead of acting relieved that her ordeal is over, she still speaks badly about him.

she is lucky that the people around her are more classy and sensible and have yet to go for the jugular with her.

Poor Brynn.

On her radio show, she is now giving advice about step parenting. Bitch, he is still married to someone else. 

And she worries about Luann's sex life???????

She is nuts!

Really?! She isn't even married to the guy, she isn't a step-parent!

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Really?! She isn't even married to the guy, she isn't a step-parent!

She was taking calls recently and speaking to step mothers.

Her show is hysterical because she is clearly delusional .

that shields lady is no pushover. Beth better watch her steps because if she crosses boundaries with those kids, she will be crossing the wrong bitch, Imo

• Love 5

I love how the reunion commercials show Lu calming telling Bethenny she's sleeping with a married man and that she's a horrible person while Beth is enraged and standing up yelling at her like a lunatic.  What a screeching harpy.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, LIMOM said:

And if the Lipstick Alley poster who claims to know the daughter is to be believed, his kids don't like Bethenny at all.

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I love how the reunion commercials show Lu calming telling Bethenny she's sleeping with a married man and that she's a horrible person while Beth is enraged and standing up yelling at her like a lunatic.  What a screeching harpy.

And she is.  Enough said, Bethenny.

1 hour ago, LIMOM said:

She was taking calls recently and speaking to step mothers.

Her show is hysterical because she is clearly delusional .

that shields lady is no pushover. Beth better watch her steps because if she crosses boundaries with those kids, she will be crossing the wrong bitch, Imo

Wasn't Bethenny's ninth book, "I Suck At Relationships".  Enough said, Bethenny.  Who is she to give advice and weigh in on everyone else's relationships?  Who would even ask?  I can see Bethenny going on about how her step-daughter thinks of her as a really cool older sister.  Most likely the daughter wishes her father would not date such a pretentious ass.

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, mwell345 said:

And if the Lipstick Alley poster who claims to know the daughter is to be believed, his kids don't like Bethenny at all.

This would make sense.

Beth is setting herself up for a world of hurt.

Imo, she is flattered that he is interested in her and not some twenty years old girl like Mario.

And imo, she also knows that her relationship with a girlfriend's estranged husband is wrong which is why she is out of control emotional.

She is morphing into Bernadette more and more and is not taking her daughter's sanity and happiness into consideration at all.

zero fucks given for all.

• Love 8
13 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I can never take the comments on blog sites seriously.  I don't think they are representative of the general public's opinion at all. Especially not when it comes to celebrity gossip or entertainment news. I think most readers don't bother to post at all because it just isn't important enough to them - they don't feel strongly one way or the other. And the ones who do post usually clog the comment section with vitriol because they are obsessed haters who clearly despise the person being written about but nonetheless stalk whoever it is on social media and read every story they can find on them, just so they can post obsessively to express their nastiness over and over. They end up driving away other posters who are more benign and a completely inaccurate impression of how something or someone is viewed by the general public results. 

I don't go by what is being said in comment sections at all in terms of gauging public opinion.  If you do, you'll end up believing everything wrong is all Barack Obama's fault!

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I can never take the comments on blog sites seriously.  I don't think they are representative of the general public's opinion at all. Especially not when it comes to celebrity gossip or entertainment news. I think most readers don't bother to post at all because it just isn't important enough to them - they don't feel strongly one way or the other. And the ones who do post usually clog the comment section with vitriol because they are obsessed haters who clearly despise the person being written about but nonetheless stalk whoever it is on social media and read every story they can find on them, just so they can post obsessively to express their nastiness over and over. They end up driving away other posters who are more benign and a completely inaccurate impression of how something or someone is viewed by the general public results. 

I don't go by what is being said in comment sections at all in terms of gauging public opinion.  If you do, you'll end up believing everything wrong is all Barack Obama's fault!

But, these sites, including here, are the only way we can judge/measure if the tide is for or against any 1 HW. You wrote, " But I am not seeing the Beth hate for this making headlines anywhere else." and I gave you a few places to double check your stance because the tide is not in Bethenny's favor at all when you read other sites, including the RHW NY FB page to see that. Even a lot posters that do not like Luann at all feel that Bethenny is out of control and not in a good way. Are there sites that are more pro Bethenny than against because I haven't read/seen any so I would love to read them and see their take on her behavior throughout this season.

• Love 5

Hey, I'm just one viewer, watching Bethenny's cruel & vile behavior -- and thoroughly disgusted by her.  No, I'm not entertained by her evil shit.  And no, I'm not loving her horribleness & waiting eagerly to see what next horrible thing she'll do.  Nope, I wanna quit watching the show because I can't stomach how Bethenny & her horribleness are front & center.

But I wonder how the viewer reaction to Bethenny is measured.  Comments on her Twitter maybe?  Ultimately, ratings are pretty decent.  So isn't that all they really care about?

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Hey, I'm just one viewer, watching Bethenny's cruel & vile behavior -- and thoroughly disgusted by her.  No, I'm not entertained by her evil shit.  And no, I'm not loving her horribleness & waiting eagerly to see what next horrible thing she'll do.  Nope, I wanna quit watching the show because I can't stomach how Bethenny & her horribleness are front & center.

But I wonder how the viewer reaction to Bethenny is measured.  Comments on her Twitter maybe?  Ultimately, ratings are pretty decent.  So isn't that all they really care about?

She doesn't allow negative comments on her twitter for the most part. She really keeps tight control on what she allows on her SM pages and I can't say that I blame her. I think more of the other HWs across the franchise need to keep better control of themselves and what they allow on their SM sites.  

• Love 2