Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

But, these sites, including here, are the only way we can judge/measure if the tide is for or against any 1 HW. You wrote, " But I am not seeing the Beth hate for this making headlines anywhere else." and I gave you a few places to double check your stance because the tide is not in Bethenny's favor at all when you read other sites, including the RHW NY FB page to see that. Even a lot posters that do not like Luann at all feel that Bethenny is out of control and not in a good way. Are there sites that are more pro Bethenny than against because I haven't read/seen any so I would love to read them and see their take on her behavior throughout this season.

By reading here, all you can tell about the tides is what people here think.  And we are a self-selecting bunch.  Meaning we are not an randomly selected group designed to represent audience opinions as a whole.  We are just a small group of dedicated viewers who are interested enough to bother reading and posting about the show on this particular website.  The vast majority of the audience doesn't read or comment here -  anywhere else, for that matter.  So you really can't judge what they or "most" people who watch the show think by reading here.  And certainly not by reading blog comments which, as I have already opined, tend to be dominated by people commonly described as "haters" who make a full-time job out of posting nothing but how much some one particular character sucks. 

When I said I was not seeing Bethenny hate making any headlines, I was referring to random entertainment news coverage.  People, US, Entertainment Channel stuff.  Not comments on blogs or here. And certainly not some facebook page. That is no different from a blog comment section imo.  Other housewives have made the kinds of headlines I am talking about in the past for their antics on the show, but I haven't heard or seen anything about how evil Bethenny has been to Luann covered anywhere. I've seen no stories about a fan backlash.  I just don't think it is the huge deal to the audience at large that it is to some here.  If it was, I think it would have leaked into things beyond a few housewife blogs and a snarky facebook page. But from what I have seen, it hasn't (count down to someone digging something up just to prove me wrong, lol ... 10 ... 9 ... 8 ...7...). 

That is not at all meant as a knock on people for posting here. I hope I don't sound like that.  I mean my ass spends enough time haunting this place, lol!  I love reading here and posting, too.  But I just don't believe that what we say here is necessarily indicative of how all the people who don't read here, don't read the blogs, don't do HW facebook pages, and would never, ever post anywhere, feel about things. 

6 hours ago, LIMOM said:

Yes, Beth acted like a moron this season.

Between the constant shilling of her drink (which was credited with providing promotional consideration in the credits) and her relentless attack on her costars and her ex husband, she totally blew this season imo.

Her final words, once again attacking Jason for stealing. Instead of acting relieved that her ordeal is over, she still speaks badly about him.

she is lucky that the people around her are more classy and sensible and have yet to go for the jugular with her.

Poor Brynn.

On her radio show, she is now giving advice about step parenting. Bitch, he is still married to someone else. 

And she worries about Luann's sex life???????

She is nuts!

There just aren't enough WTFs for this one.

The gag is if the shoe were on the other foot and Jason had a girlfriend/alleged fiancee and this woman was spending time with Brynn, making calls to Brynn to confirm shit and trying to be a stepparent to Brynn, Bethenny would be in court seeking a restraining order AND seeking to change the custody arrangement. She would be trying to dig up every piece of dirt on this woman to paint her as unfit to be around her daughter and Jason as unfit parent for trying to bring the woman around Brynn. I believe that with every fiber of being. 

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 15
14 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

There just aren't enough WTFs for this one.

The gag is if the shoe were on the other foot and Jason had a girlfriend/alleged fiancee and this woman was spending time with Brynn, making calls to Brynn to confirm shit and trying to be a stepparent to Brynn, Bethenny would be in court seeking a restraining order AND seeking to change the custody arrangement. She would be trying to dig up every piece of dirt on this woman to paint her as unfit to be around her daughter and Jason as unfit parent for trying to bring the woman around Brynn. I believe that with every fiber of being. 

That radio show of hers is not doing her any favors.

She is surrounded by yes people who let her say the most crazy and vile shit ever.

• Love 8
41 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

By reading here, all you can tell about the tides is what people here think.  And we are a self-selecting bunch.  Meaning we are not an randomly selected group designed to represent audience opinions as a whole.  We are just a small group of dedicated viewers who are interested enough to bother reading and posting about the show on this particular website.  The vast majority of the audience doesn't read or comment here -  anywhere else, for that matter.  So you really can't judge what they or "most" people who watch the show think by reading here.  And certainly not by reading blog comments which, as I have already opined, tend to be dominated by people commonly described as "haters" who make a full-time job out of posting nothing but how much some one particular character sucks. 

When I said I was not seeing Bethenny hate making any headlines, I was referring to random entertainment news coverage.  People, US, Entertainment Channel stuff.  Not comments on blogs or here. And certainly not some facebook page. That is no different from a blog comment section imo.  Other housewives have made the kinds of headlines I am talking about in the past for their antics on the show, but I haven't heard or seen anything about how evil Bethenny has been to Luann covered anywhere. I've seen no stories about a fan backlash.  I just don't think it is the huge deal to the audience at large that it is to some here.  If it was, I think it would have leaked into things beyond a few housewife blogs and a snarky facebook page. But from what I have seen, it hasn't (count down to someone digging something up just to prove me wrong, lol ... 10 ... 9 ... 8 ...7...). 

That is not at all meant as a knock on people for posting here. I hope I don't sound like that.  I mean my ass spends enough time haunting this place, lol!  I love reading here and posting, too.  But I just don't believe that what we say here is necessarily indicative of how all the people who don't read here, don't read the blogs, don't do HW facebook pages, and would never, ever post anywhere, feel about things. 

If we only go by People, US, EC then none of the HWs are seen in a negative light, not even Teresa Giudice, Tamra....none of them. LOL That said, if 1 were trying to quantify how like/disliked a HW is, the only way to determine it would be through sites like this or in the comment section of articles printed by say, People/other magazines and they show that more viewers that watch/read/post/comment than not, dislike Bethenny and what she has done this season. LOL

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 1
45 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

If we only go by People, US, EC then none of the HWs are seen in a negative light, not even Teresa Giudice, Tamra....none of them. 

Tamra has escaped some much-deserved scorn, I will agree.  But not Teresa.  She got her ass dragged raw by the mainstream media, She was even on the cable news for her misdeeds.  But I've been watching the news all day.  So far nobody has mentioned Beth and her shocking act of cruelty on CNN.  

Wake me up when it makes the cover of People. That will be good enough for me. Heck, I will settle for US Magazine. Then I will believe Beth showing Luann the pictures of Tom has done the kind of irreparable damage to her in the minds of the public at large that some claim.

That said, if 1 were trying to quantify how like/disliked a HW is, the only way to determine it would be through sites like this or in the comment section of articles printed by say, People/other magazines and they show that more viewers that watch/read/post/comment than not, dislike Bethenny and what she has done this season.

As long as you acknowledge that the only opinions that are being taken into consideration are those of people who post comments on articles and you do not draw conclusions about the opinions of people who don't, then that's fine.

Sorry, I guess it's the old social scientist in me being picky, lol.  

• Love 1

One has to wonder then, if a mention on CNN is a measure of public reaction, what the hell Bethenny is so upset about?  You have a successful, financially independent woman who has a healthy child and according to her a happy life full of love and friends YET she is so bitter, mean, spiteful and vicious.  Every interview she gives to some entertainment channel an excuse is offered for her behaviour and she continues to make digs at the women she filmed with.  Throwing around damaging and cruel accusations like candy. 

Just bizarre behaviour for the type of person I described in sentence two.   She clearly needs a new therapist.  Or maybe just a reality check and some cold hard truth.  But maybe she can't handle the truth.

• Love 12

I guess when you are at the center of things the way Bethenny is, you take it seriously and get all bent out of shape about it.  Her facebook or twitter or whatever is probably melting down from the hate and it must feel pretty intense.

She'd be so much better off if she just shut the hell up about it.  But she seems to lack the ability to let anything slide.  A good therapist could help her a lot, provided she was really open to changing.  But I am not sure she is.  She talks a lot about how messed up she is, but deep down I think she sees everyone else as messed up and thinks they need to change, not her.  At least they all need to change first, too, then she would find it easier to change, lol.  But nothing is changing any time soon with her, not from what I've seen this season.  Not a thing.

• Love 8
38 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Tamra has escaped some much-deserved scorn, I will agree.  But not Teresa.  She got her ass dragged raw by the mainstream media, She was even on the cable news for her misdeeds.  But I've been watching the news all day.  So far nobody has mentioned Beth and her shocking act of cruelty on CNN.  

Wake me up when it makes the cover of People. That will be good enough for me. Heck, I will settle for US Magazine. Then I will believe Beth showing Luann the pictures of Tom has done the kind of irreparable damage to her in the minds of the public at large that some claim.

As long as you acknowledge that the only opinions that are being taken into consideration are those of people who post comments on articles and you do not draw conclusions about the opinions of people who don't, then that's fine.

Sorry, I guess it's the old social scientist in me being picky, lol.  

I was not speaking about Teresa's criminal news coverage but her show antics stories in mags like People ect. Anytime a HW is on the cover of a magazine or has a story in the magazine, they are fluff pieces designed to showcase positive things about that HW with few exceptions, the same goes for their interviews on shows like ET.

Of course, only the opinions expressed by those that post comments are being considered but they are the only ones that can be taken into account as to how viewers feel about any 1 HW. It is the only gage we have and they are heavily against Bethenny by the end of this season. And, IMO, she knows it, she has admitted that her "brand" was "hurt" by her own behavior this season in several interviews she has given and on her own radio show. I guess that would also qualify as a way to gage those upset with her if she has ticked off enough viewers that her overall sales are down. 

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I guess when you are at the center of things the way Bethenny is, you take it seriously and get all bent out of shape about it.  Her facebook or twitter or whatever is probably melting down from the hate and it must feel pretty intense.

She'd be so much better off if she just shut the hell up about it.  But she seems to lack the ability to let anything slide.  A good therapist could help her a lot, provided she was really open to changing.  But I am not sure she is.  She talks a lot about how messed up she is, but deep down I think she sees everyone else as messed up and thinks they need to change, not her.  At least they all need to change first, too, then she would find it easier to change, lol.  But nothing is changing any time soon with her, not from what I've seen this season.  Not a thing.

Bethenny keeps tight rein/control over her SM accounts and she pays people to do it for her much of the time. Very few negative tweets/posts make it through, they are deleted/blocked quickly to keep it about her SKG products and not much more.

I agree, she needs to stop reaching for excuses for her ugly behavior, it makes her look even more vindictive and desperate when she does it. She needs to admit she messed up, did things wrong, lost control but she just can't admit to any of it. Her ego may have propelled her to the top in the HW game but it is her ego that is destroying her even faster. She needs to remember that Jill was once a loved/top HW at 1 time as well and we all know what happened to her when it went to her head and Bethenny has now surpassed Jill's nasty.  

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I can never take the comments on blog sites seriously.  I don't think they are representative of the general public's opinion at all. Especially not when it comes to celebrity gossip or entertainment news. I think most readers don't bother to post at all because it just isn't important enough to them - they don't feel strongly one way or the other. And the ones who do post usually clog the comment section with vitriol because they are obsessed haters who clearly despise the person being written about but nonetheless stalk whoever it is on social media and read every story they can find on them, just so they can post obsessively to express their nastiness over and over. They end up driving away other posters who are more benign and a completely inaccurate impression of how something or someone is viewed by the general public results. 

I don't go by what is being said in comment sections at all in terms of gauging public opinion.  If you do, you'll end up believing everything wrong is all Barack Obama's fault!

Celia, you brought up a lot of good points about how the media isn't calling out Bethenny over the Luann thing.  I would not expect to see it on CNN, and I think the only RH story to make it to mainstream media were the trials and tribulations of the fifteen year long felonious behavior of Teresa and her husband.

Years ago Camille Grammer was called the, "Most Hated Housewife Ever", based on a reader poll, and made the cover.

http://www.lifeandstylemag.com/posts/camille-grammer-the-most-hated-housewife-ever-29713

I think there was a lot of blowback for the story.  For those who disliked Camille it was probably satisfying, for the entire franchise not so much so.  Then factor in the fact she had just been ditched by a celebrity and was raising two children.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

One thing Bethenny said that was odd, a couple of affairs over 25 years would be okay and then followed up with what do I know about relationships?  I don't know if number of years makes infidelity okay or if he married man admitted to affairs over the years.  It certainly didn't work out for Ramona or Luann.

Have the Shields been married for 25 years or is that how long she's known her/them? Hmm.

27 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I think there was a lot of blowback for the story.  For those who disliked Camille it was probably satisfying, for the entire franchise not so much so.  Then factor in the fact she had just been ditched by a celebrity and was raising two children.

I think that some of that notoriety was because of Mr. Cheers.

And I think that Bethy press releases her every move hoping for CNN. But she's stuck with ET and Access and the DailyMail. Which will never be enough.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, WireWrap said:

She doesn't allow negative comments on her twitter for the most part. She really keeps tight control on what she allows on her SM pages and I can't say that I blame her. I think more of the other HWs across the franchise need to keep better control of themselves and what they allow on their SM sites.  

I just personally find it ironic that the person whose mantra is "zero fucks given" and self-proclaimed call-it-like-I-see-it is so sensitive that she blocks people from her twitter feeds.  

• Love 19
46 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I just personally find it ironic that the person whose mantra is "zero fucks given" and self-proclaimed call-it-like-I-see-it is so sensitive that she blocks people from her twitter feeds.  

Well, to be honest, I do understand why she does it. She uses her SM to promote her products, heavily promote them at that. She can't afford to many negative remarks to be seen. That said, it is "ironic" that she does it after how proudly she said what she has this season on the show. She wants to keep her real life, her business off the HW show but demands the other show theirs. Hypocrite Much Bethenny? LOL

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Well, to be honest, I do understand why she does it. She uses her SM to promote her products, heavily promote them at that. She can't afford to many negative remarks to be seen. That said, it is "ironic" that she does it after how proudly she said what she has this season on the show. She wants to keep her real life, her business off the HW show but demands the other show theirs. Hypocrite Much Bethenny? LOL

Normally, I would agree with you.  But her social media is full of the "zero fucks given" and other negativity that surprises me she uses it to promote her brand.  I guess she thinks she is beyond reproach and can say *anything* and still have fans.  

• Love 8
2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Celia, you brought up a lot of good points about how the media isn't calling out Bethenny over the Luann thing.  I would not expect to see it on CNN, and I think the only RH story to make it to mainstream media were the trials and tribulations of the fifteen year long felonious behavior of Teresa and her husband.

Years ago Camille Grammer was called the, "Most Hated Housewife Ever", based on a reader poll, and made the cover.

http://www.lifeandstylemag.com/posts/camille-grammer-the-most-hated-housewife-ever-29713

I feel with Camille, Life and Style had a semi accurate measure of how loathed she was. Usually those types of things are really only a measure of fans of the publication who are superfans of the housewives, but I remember having random people who weren't even fans of the housewives shows asking me if Camille really was that insufferable. My sense is that in the first half of season 1, she had managed to enrage enough celebrities that the topic was discussed on a ton of talk shows which gave it more reach than housewives stuff normally would have. The other thing is that season 1 of Beverly Hills featured actually rich and famous people. But right around the time that the poll was released is when the redemption of Camille Donatacci episodes started airing. We got a glimpse of what a douche Kelsey was/is.

• Love 3
On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 7:15 PM, Celia Rubenstein said:

There are some very vocal people on this board who are hitting Bethenny hard for what she did, or to be more precise "how she did it and how much joy she took in it."  But I am not seeing the Beth hate for this making headlines anywhere else. I suspect it's more of a tempest in our own tiny PTV teapot and the world at large is much less offended by how Bethenny handled things than people are here, and the majority of people watching are focusing on how nuts it is that Luann is about to marry "... Tom" the guy caught making out with some mystery woman the night before their engagement party.  I'd have to call Luann the overall loser in this whole situation, not Bethey.

Credit to Ryebread for "... Tom."  Because that will never stop being funny! 

That was the second shot.  Questioning Beth on camera in the Berkshires was the first one.  

You know, it occurs to me that Luann surely knew about that article before the Berkshires show aired.  But she didn't go tweeting it or anything when she first found it.  She saved it up to link on her blog for use at the most opportune time for herself.  Some could accuse her of scheming and dragging it out for her own benefit.  Maybe that's where Bethenny got the idea! lol

Wait - what?

"So how are you doing? Seeing anyone?" = a 'first shot' analogous to shrieking "you're a slut!"; "biggest whore in Macy's window!"; "plastic fuckdoll!" at the top of one's lungs and/or trumpeting Tom's indiscretion on camera to anyone and everyone who would listen.

But LuAnn REFRAINING from disseminating rumors and gossip about Bethenny's private life is evidence of some nefarious intent?

• Love 11
1 hour ago, lunastartron said:

Wait - what?

"So how are you doing? Seeing anyone?" = a 'first shot' analogous to shrieking "you're a slut!"; "biggest whore in Macy's window!"; "plastic fuckdoll!" at the top of one's lungs and/or trumpeting Tom's indiscretion on camera to anyone and everyone who would listen.

It's not simply what Luann asked Bethenny ... it's that Luann knew the whole boyfriend thing (whether you like it or not) was a subject that had been previously determined to be "off limits."  This post made by smores in the episode thread explains how it seems to work:

I think each woman gets to set their own boundaries for what they will and will not show on tv.  In the beginning, Lu showed her kids, but not really her relationship with Alex.  Later, she took her kids off tv (and everyone should have the right to keep their kids off as they grow), but she opened the door to her relationships being on tv by having Jacques be on with her all the time.  And, she's been Tom, tom, tom tom tom this season.  Ramona greatly pulled back on Avery's exposure, Tamra on OC has her kids off the show (by court order, of course).  Bethenny decided after her previous relationship with Jason that she'd never have another public relationship like that, and I don't know who would blame her.  So, when she came back, she doesn't bring it up on the show, which means the others can't.

I do not think it's the same thing as Luanne or Vicki (OC) being told that they have to have their relationships on the show or else.  Lu and Vicki had both previously been fine with Jacques and Brooks being all over the show, but, when things got difficult, they wanted to pull them back.  That's totally different then never introducing them in the first place.  If Lu had never had Jacques on camera, no one would have had an issue (see Ramona and dating).  If Vicki hadn't been fine shoving Brooks down everyone's throat, then trying to hide him when shit splashed back on her, no one would have had a problem.  But, you can't change things midstream, which is what they wanted to do, and I can see why production said no. 

It's like an either/or ... a subject is either up for grabs because the housewife wants it on the show or it is designated "off limits" and people respect that.  Bethenny seems to have made it known she didn't want her relationship with Mrs. Shields' husband her boyfriend on the show.  Luann would have been aware of this and that is why I think Bethenny became so angry when Luann started asking her about her relationship on camera.  It wasn't just a simple inquiry as you are characterizing it .... it was breaking the housewife code and that is what provoked Bethenny.  She may claim it was all about her Skinny baby being threatened, but I think it that may be a big part of what was bothering Bethenny all season. 

• Love 3
57 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

It's not simply what Luann asked Bethenny ... it's that Luann knew the whole boyfriend thing (whether you like it or not) was a subject that had been previously determined to be "off limits."  This post made by smores in the episode thread explains how it seems to work:

It's like an either/or ... a subject is either up for grabs because the housewife wants it on the show or it is designated "off limits" and people respect that.  Bethenny seems to have made it known she didn't want her relationship with Mrs. Shields' husband her boyfriend on the show.  Luann would have been aware of this and that is why I think Bethenny became so angry when Luann started asking her about her relationship on camera.  It wasn't just a simple inquiry as you are characterizing it .... it was breaking the housewife code and that is what provoked Bethenny.  She may claim it was all about her Skinny baby being threatened, but I think it that may be a big part of what was bothering Bethenny all season. 

And yet Bethenny exercises complete autonomy over her response to the (within the context of the fourth wall, completely innocuous) question that Lu posed and thus retained total narrative control. Your previous post seemed to suggest that Lu is somehow malevolent for NOT promoting the media coverage of Bethenny's romance until after she herself incurred Bethenny's attacks and yet simultaneously just as villainous for maybe possibly making a veiled allusion to that romance on camera months prior. Which is circular.

As is this entire idea of certain aspects of each castmate's life being excluded from the broadcast footage as far as that idea relates to Lu and Bethenny since much of the latter's grievance toward to former is, based upon on her own words, rooted in the nominal dichotomy between the self that Lu presents to Bravo viewers on screen and her persona away from set.

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, lunastartron said:

Your previous post seemed to suggest that Lu is somehow malevolent for NOT promoting the media coverage of Bethenny's romance until after she herself incurred Bethenny's attacks and yet simultaneously just as villainous for maybe possibly making a veiled allusion to that romance on camera months prior. Which is circular.

You are thinking about this WAY too much LOL.  I was clearly being facetious when I called Luann a "sick evil twisted demented monster" for not tweeting about Bethenny sooner, akin to the way some are describing Bethenny for not telling Luann the Tom news sooner.  That's all that was about.  Really, don't take everything so seriously.  You will miss a lot of the wonderful dry humor and delightfully amusing sarcasm around here.

As is this entire idea of certain aspects of each castmate's life being excluded from the broadcast footage as far as that idea relates to Lu and Bethenny since much of the latter's grievance toward to former is, based upon on her own words, rooted in the nominal dichotomy between the self that Lu presents to Bravo viewers on screen and her persona away from set.

Some people feel there is a difference between keeping something private and creating a totally false image and then going around poo-pooing people who are openly doing what you will only do in private.  Perhaps Bethenny is one of these people.  I know I am .

And yet Bethenny exercises complete autonomy over her response to the (within the context of the fourth wall, completely innocuous) question that Lu posed and thus retained total narrative control. 

That doesn't mean it didn't still piss her off.  Seems easy enough to understand to me. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

You are thinking about this WAY too much LOL.  I was clearly being facetious when I called Luann a "sick evil twisted demented monster" for not tweeting about Bethenny sooner, akin to the way some are describing Bethenny for not telling Luann the Tom news sooner.  That's all that was about.  Really, don't take everything so seriously.  You will miss a lot of the wonderful dry humor and delightfully amusing sarcasm around here.

Some people feel there is a difference between keeping something private and creating a totally false image and then going around poo-pooing people who are openly doing what you will only do in private.  Perhaps Bethenny is one of these people.  I know I am .

That doesn't mean it didn't still piss her off.  Seems easy enough to understand to me. 

Bethenny , author of "can't handle the truth" gets a pass. Why? 

Pissed off and rabid are two different things.

• Love 11

Shaving her jaw really did improve her looks. But redoing her nose? The old one wasn't that bad. Of course, sometimes a person needs to rebuild their nose when too much snow causes it to begin collapsing. Of course, I am sure that is not true of this purveyor of tequila mixed with chemical swill. In fact, no matter how many people might think that, I am sure it is just a terrible, terrible rumor.  After all, Frankel would never accuse anyone of something she is doing, would she? That would be so out of character, I am surprised anyone might think that. Really.

• Love 11
On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 7:21 PM, Celia Rubenstein said:

Bethenny did discuss Mrs. Shields' husband on camera with the other ladies it just wasn't shown.  Jules brought it up at the Reunion. Bethenny can't have it both ways.  I actually applaud her for saying I don't want to discuss such and such with you.  Same as Ramona should not have had to divulge she had a boob job.  Where the major fail was for me was Bethenny claiming she could not discuss her love life with Luann because she was a man stealer.  Jules and Luann were in a car for three hours, most likely it was mentioned that Bethenny had a boyfriend.  She went to the Bahamas with him a couple of weeks after the Berkshire episode filmed.

To me, the hypocrisy was Luann met someone and clicked in November, Bethenny allegedly changed the relationship with Shields sometime in December.  By January, Bethenny was crowing about the fact that the guy wanted to marry her, as was Luann in regards to Tom.  Sounds pretty even Steven to me.  The difference being that neither Mrs. Shields' husband  or Bethenny were available for marriage because neither was divorced and one still hasn't even filed.    

The only way a topic can be avoided is if a RH refuses to talk about it.  It doesn't men the others can't talk about it.  Bethenny's thing is that in the past gushing over her love interest has not worked out for her.  She can't gush in one scene and then claim some contractual (which does not exist) right to not discuss her love life.  She hid things pretty well, to the point of out and out lying about it the previous season. 

Bethenny went after Luann all season so to say she somehow was entitled to her barrage of insults because Luann asked about her love life is really weak.  One time it is her business, another time it is asking to film with the BH ladies, another time it is her whore behavior at the Mark Hotel, then it eight years of build up.  Bethenny wasn't even on the show for three of those seasons and to keep bringing up shit from the past is weak. 

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 14

Bethenny hates Luann.  It's just not that complicated.

We can spend all day combing out the reasons, declaring this one valid and that one not. But the end result is the same.  She just hates her. It's pretty clear.

Hate is an incredibly personal, subjective thing and there are probably a million little reasons Bethenny feels the way she does. Some she may not be consciously aware of, others she may choose to keep private. Some reasons are articulated on the air and some end up on the cutting room floor.  And to some here, this fact has resulted in a disjointed, inadequate picture of the basis of her feelings about Luann. 

But I suspect that if Bethenny could sit down for a totally confidential, uninterrupted, unedited thirty minute block of time, she would be able to present a much more cogent, cohesive case for her feelings than the Bravo/Real Housewives format has allowed.  I think those expecting that level of resolution from an hour a week of heavily edited footage that includes half a dozen other women and all their storylines are going to continue to be disappointed. 

With regard to the idea that an eight year accumulation of reasons to dislike someone is just bringing up shit from the past and is "weak," all I can say is that I can't personally think of a better excuse to not like someone unless it's a nine or ten year accumulation of reasons, lol. I get the feeling that for some here, no reason on earth could be good enough, though. So there's that.

• Love 5

B hates LuLu. A lot. That doesn't mean she needs to be a shrieking harpy. Nor does it explain why she seems to treat the rest of the cast with such disdain. She put herself in this position. I assumed she was coming back to advance her brand but she's really only advanced her rotten persona. I don't really care what she thinks LuLu did. Imho, her behavior has cancelled out some pretty big grievances.

I can hate someone with the power of a thousand suns yet manage to not embarrass myself any time we come in contact.

She might be better served trying to articulate something beyond, LUANN SLEEPS WITH EVERYONE!!!!! WHORE!!! 

And maybe back off the "caffeine". Haven't we seen her having a couple drinks and acting almost human?

• Love 15
1 hour ago, NewDigs said:

I can hate someone with the power of a thousand suns yet manage to not embarrass myself any time we come in contact.

I merely said Bethenny's anger toward Luann may actually be justified. 

I would never defend the way she has expressed it.  I've never seen anyone behave the way she does.  Not outside of a mental institution, anyway. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Bethenny hates Luann.  It's just not that complicated.

We can spend all day combing out the reasons, declaring this one valid and that one not. But the end result is the same.  She just hates her. It's pretty clear.

Hate is an incredibly personal, subjective thing and there are probably a million little reasons Bethenny feels the way she does. Some she may not be consciously aware of, others she may choose to keep private. Some reasons are articulated on the air and some end up on the cutting room floor.  And to some here, this fact has resulted in a disjointed, inadequate picture of the basis of her feelings about Luann. 

But I suspect that if Bethenny could sit down for a totally confidential, uninterrupted, unedited thirty minute block of time, she would be able to present a much more cogent, cohesive case for her feelings than the Bravo/Real Housewives format has allowed.  I think those expecting that level of resolution from an hour a week of heavily edited footage that includes half a dozen other women and all their storylines are going to continue to be disappointed. 

With regard to the idea that an eight year accumulation of reasons to dislike someone is just bringing up shit from the past and is "weak," all I can say is that I can't personally think of a better excuse to not like someone unless it's a nine or ten year accumulation of reasons, lol. I get the feeling that for some here, no reason on earth could be good enough, though. So there's that.

The problem is so much of what causes the hate usually revolves around work and pay and benefits allotted one over another at Bravo. Screen time.

Bethenny said from the beginning she did this show to promote her brand, build her business.  She does not have a lot invested friendship wise with the show.  Two weeks ago she was distancing herself from the show.  Because Bethenny chose to show us her heavily edited "real life" she can't  force or expect everyone to live by her rules.  Not everyone wants to be shown urinating, or crying, or naked.

Bethenny keeps going back over the same ground and that to me is a person who is unable to let go.  Why is Bethenny still invested in Alex and Luann's marriage or even talking about it?  It just goes round and round, TV shows are built on new plots and stories, reruns get boring.

I think it is entirely reasonable to resonate you just don't click with someone.  Kelly Dodd on RHOC comes to mind, there is no upside to her for most of the ladies.  It is the idea of the back and forth alliances that seem to not ring true.  Most people with co-workers have to take the good with the bad and do not involve themselves in their co-workers' love life.  Bethenny set the table and served up the first courses-now she has a whole new reason to misbehave.

With Bethenny she just has so much anger that it makes it indiscernible what, "I am done", means.  She was done with Sonja, now she is clapping like a seal at Sonja's commentary.    Tune into her radio show and Sonja is not such a delight because she engaged an attorney to address Bathenny's treatment of shutting her out and costing her money.

Bethenny said in her book of Yes, it is about knowing when to apologize.  She forgot the chapter.  So does that make her the biggest hypocrite on the planet and a joke she wrote a book about a place of Yes, when she clearly does not follow her own rules?  Not really, she has had a lot happen, and she needs to realize that opinions, lifestyle choice change and allow it not just for her but for those around her.

• Love 8
On 8/31/2016 at 5:06 PM, zoeysmom said:

(Bold is mine). 

She was.  And she realized it and to her credit, beginning with the reunion and going on into the second season, she explained why she behaved the way she did (calmly and I think, honestly), she apologized, she made amends, she was nice to and friendly with the other women.  The Redemption Tour.  But in Camille's case, it worked because the perception that the viewers had of her started to change to the point where many viewers would love for her to become full time again.

My point is that these HW's can change how the viewers perceive them.  It's not often easy,but it can be done and Camille is a perfect example.

In Bethenny's case however, she does not have the self awareness or the temperament to even begin to redeem herself.  Camille ate some humble pie - I can't ever imagine Bethenny doing the same.  Her ego is just too large.

• Love 8

Amen! I agree with everything mwell345 has said. B doesn't have the self awareness to be able to accept her faults. It's always someone else's fault for everything that's gone wrong in her life. She's one sorry individual and in my opinion, will never change. God bless that sweet daughter of hers. Her only hope is her daddy and her grandparents. 

• Love 9

I keep wondering why the producers are putting Bethenny front & center, with ALL of her bitterness & anger & hatred not only intact, but amped to such a hideous & truly scary degree to witness.  Do they think we'll love to watch her terrifying, hate-spewing rants & it's entertaining?  Or that we'll love to hate her?  I don't get it.  Right now, because of Bethenny, I wanna stop watching this show forever.  If next season is another season like this one, I'm out.

Why the screeching over Lu's sexual habits?  Because Lu's a hypocrite?  That's why Bethenny hates her guts?  Not buying it.  Something else is going on.  Be fuckin' straight with us, Bethenny.  What really motivated her several raging, hateful, screaming rants against Lu?  I'd love to see Lu go on about something Bethenny wouldn't want discussed -- uh, like her eating disorders & her various cosmetic surgeries.  It's the same old story with Bethenny.  It's fine & dandy for her to pass judgement on everyone & reveal their secrets, but when it's done to her, she'll whine & cry her head off & play victim.  Ugh, blech, what a horrible, horrible, horrible woman.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 9
11 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

I keep wondering why the producers are putting Bethenny front & center, with ALL of her bitterness & anger & hatred not only intact, but amped to such a hideous & truly scary degree to witness.  Do they think we'll love to watch her terrifying, hate-spewing rants & it's entertaining?  Or that we'll love to hate her?  I don't get it.  Right now, because of Bethenny, I wanna stop watching this show forever.  If next season is another season like this one, I'm out.

Why the screeching over Lu's sexual habits?  Because Lu's a hypocrite?  That's why Bethenny hates her guts?  Not buying it.  Something else is going on.  Be fuckin' straight with us, Bethenny.  What really motivated her several raging, hateful, screaming rants against Lu?  I'd love to see Lu go on about something Bethenny wouldn't want discussed -- uh, like her eating disorders & her various cosmetic surgeries.  It's the same old story with Bethenny.  It's fine & dandy for her to pass judgement on everyone & reveal their secrets, but when it's done to her, she'll whine & cry her head off & play victim.  Ugh, blech, what a horrible, horrible, horrible woman.

Just my opinion here but I think Bethenny counts on the other HWs not wanting to get into the mud with her. I really don't think any of the others, by that I mean Dorinda, Jules and Luann, want to lower themselves to Bethenny's level of vicious behavior.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Just my opinion here but I think Bethenny counts on the other HWs not wanting to get into the mud with her. I really don't think any of the others, by that I mean Dorinda, Jules and Luann, want to lower themselves to Bethenny's level of vicious behavior.

And Moaner is too scared now to give Bethenny another Brooklyn Bridge beatdown, right?  Does she fear Bethenny would reveal whatever secrets she has & would toss her off the show or reduce her cam time or banish her from trips or parties or whatever?  Idk, Moaner seemed to be really enjoying herself, watching Bethenny take down Lu at the reunion.  I kinda thought Moaner was nearly as vile as Bethenny, just sitting there grinning, while Bethenny was attacking Lu.  Was Moaner as much of an asshole as Carole?  I mean, with Carole's endless & annoying add-ons to Bethenny's taunts at Lu.  She was close, she was close.

I just wonder, where does this show go from here?  The premise is -- who will vile Bethenny direct her rage & bitterness & anger & hatred to next?  Has she gotten out all there is to hear about Lu?  Because anymore would get repetitive.  Same goes for Jules & Sonja & Dorinda.  So will she turn her hatred toward her assistant assholes on the reunion's Satan couch?  Honestly, if she does, I might keep on watching.  After all these years of watching Moaner be so outrageously thoughtless & callous to anyone near her, it might give me a giggle to see her get some of that shit thrown back at her.  Still tho, coming from Bethenny, who goes so overboard now, with her hate-spewing rants, it might be way too hideous & ugly to get ANY enjoyment from watching.

Must say, it would give me some satisfaction to watch Bethenny turn on Carole.  She has seemed this season like such a ridiculous fool (and a somewhat surprisingly nasty & cruel one), in her utter & complete support of Bethenny -- no matter how vile & ugly & hateful & cruel her behavior is.  I am a bit curious to see how Carole would deal with Bethenny if she turned on her.  As much as Carole thinks she's so smart & strong, I could see Bethenny casually & easily squashing her as she did Kelly -- and not batting an eyelash after doing it.  Again, I have no doubt it would be brutally ugly to watch.  But that's the experience the producers of this show are giving us by putting Bethenny front & center.  I'm surprised & saddened & disturbed ratings are decent, because this is indicative viewers are actually choosing to watch Bethenny's hatefulness & horribleness.  Ugh.  Also makes me wonder if Bethenny super-fans (or Satan Andy or his minions or Bethenny herself) have hacked into the ratings system.  Well, just a theory anyway.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 5
34 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

And Moaner is too scared now to give Bethenny another Brooklyn Bridge beatdown, right?  Does she fear Bethenny would reveal whatever secrets she has & would toss her off the show or reduce her cam time or banish her from trips or parties or whatever?  Idk, Moaner seemed to be really enjoying herself, watching Bethenny take down down Lu at the reunion.  I kinda thought Moaner was nearly as vile as Bethenny, just sitting there grinning, while Bethenny was attacking Lu.  Was she as much of an asshole as Carole, with her ridiculous add-ons to Bethenny's taunts at Lu?  She was close, she was close.

I just wonder, where does this show go from here?  The premise is -- who will vile Bethenny direct her rage & bitterness & anger & hatred to next?  Has she gotten out all there is to hear about Lu?  Because anymore would get repetitive.  Same goes for Jules & Sonja & Dorinda.  So will she turn her hatred toward her assistant assholes on the reunion's Satan couch?  Honestly, if she does, I might keep on watching.  After all these years of watching Moaner be so outrageously thoughtless & callous to anyone near her, it might give me a giggle to see her get some of that shit thrown back at her.  Still tho, coming from Bethenny, who goes so overboard now, with her hate-spewing rants, it might be way too hideous & ugly to get ANY enjoyment from watching.

Must say, it would give me some satisfaction to watch Bethenny turn on Carole.  She has seemed this season like such a ridiculous fool (and a somewhat surprisingly nasty & cruel one), in her utter & complete support of Bethenny -- no matter how vile & ugly & hateful & cruel her behavior is.  I am a bit curious to see how Carole would deal with Bethenny if she turned on her.  As much as Carole thinks she's so smart & strong, I could see Bethenny casually & easily squashing her as she did Kelly -- and not batting an eyelash after doing it.  Again, I have no doubt it would be brutally ugly to watch.  But that's the experience the producers of this show are giving us by putting Bethenny front & center.  I'm surprised & saddened & disturbed ratings are decent, because this is indicative viewers are actually choosing to watch Bethenny's hatefulness & horribleness.  Ugh.  Also makes me wonder if Bethenny super-fans have hacked into the ratings system.  Well, just a theory anyway.

Well, last season we had poor, poor, lonely, single mom Bethenny that cried all the time. This season, we have BSC Bethenny that decimates anyone she dislikes over dust particles floating in the air. I think next season we will have "loving" Bethenny, lecturing the others on the "art" of dating, lecturing everyone about how they do it all wrong and gloating how she got it right. LOL She will once again change tactics about why the others are not as good/worthy as she is. And again, she will make it all about her. Oh, and even though she will be singing about "love" we will not see Shields on the show, she still will not show her real life but the others must so she can use it against them. LOL  

• Love 3
On August 31, 2016 at 7:12 PM, sasha206 said:

Normally, I would agree with you.  But her social media is full of the "zero fucks given" and other negativity that surprises me she uses it to promote her brand.  I guess she thinks she is beyond reproach and can say *anything* and still have fans.  

To me, 0 fucks given is a defense mechanism to be expected from someone who is estranged from both of her parents. It's a proactive rejection of those who reject her. She disses them pre emptively first, so she won't get hurt or have any feels if they criticize or reject her. Textbook. 

Get thee to therapy real therapy, Bethenny ! 

• Love 13
40 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

To me, 0 fucks given is a defense mechanism to be expected from someone who is estranged from both of her parents. It's a proactive rejection of those who reject her. She disses them pre emptively first, so she won't get hurt or have any feels if they criticize or reject her. Textbook. 

Get thee to therapy real therapy, Bethenny ! 

Brilliant!  

(And I love your handle!  What a great movie that was!)

• Love 5
4 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I don't think it's about 'lowering' themselves, it's purely about fear.  Beth plays dirty and they all know that and they don't want to deal with it.  Like Lu said when no one raised their hand.  They're afraid.  Any mistake, any imperfection, the great exaggerator will spin it into way more than it is.  Look what happened after Dorinda and Jules were on WWHL and said something negative about Beth.  Beth threw out a threat because she supposedly knows 'secrets' about them.  

Bethenny Frankel is a mentally sick person who will stop at nothing to win or be the victim.  And I think she's always been this way.  She'll never be happy and the only joy she gets out of life is bringing other people down who don't buy into her. 

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

I don't think it's about 'lowering' themselves, it's purely about fear.  Beth plays dirty and they all know that and they don't want to deal with it.  Like Lu said when no one raised their hand.  They're afraid.  Any mistake, any imperfection, the great exaggerator will spin it into way more than it is.  Look what happened after Dorinda and Jules were on WWHL and said something negative about Beth.  Beth threw out a threat because she supposedly knows 'secrets' about them.  

Bethenny Frankel is a mentally sick person who will stop at nothing to win or be the victim.  And I think she's always been this way.  She'll never be happy and the only joy she gets out of life is bringing other people down who don't buy into her. 

Oh, I agree that they fear her, big time, but I also believe they think before they speak more than Bethenny does, except for Ramona. Bethenny doesn't care if anything she says harms these women's lives, she just doesn't, but they do. Most people know how to filter their words, control their anger and make an effort to do so but Bethenny prides herself as a mudslinger.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

I keep wondering why the producers are putting Bethenny front & center, with ALL of her bitterness & anger & hatred not only intact, but amped to such a hideous & truly scary degree to witness.

Good question? Is this Andy's doing? Does he hate women so much that watching a group descend into such hellish mire amuse him? 

I may be wrong, but didn't Bethy admit she goes into black-out rages, that her rampages are beyond her control? 

I'm amazed that anyone wants to line up and use her SG logo on their products...do they really think there is value there?

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Knuckles said:

Good question? Is this Andy's doing? Does he hate women so much that watching a group descend into such hellish mire amuse him? 

I may be wrong, but didn't Bethy admit she goes into black-out rages, that her rampages are beyond her control? 

I'm amazed that anyone wants to line up and use her SG logo on their products...do they really think there is value there?

What bothers me is Andy acts like blacking out and going into a rage is okay.  Andy the Moron then said she showed contrition.  She did not, she never apologized to the target-she went for two more rounds during the same 24 hour period.  It wasn't contrition it was a lame attempt at justification.

• Love 13
17 minutes ago, Knuckles said:

Wow, so if Bethenny actually starts physically harming cast members, would Satan Andy & Bravo be fine & dandy with it, just so long as they film it?  Real nice.  Seriously, what if Bethenny whipped out a bat at that reunion (or at Dorinda's Berkshires joint) & started beating Lu with it?  And what if she took out a gun & blew John's head off after her dust-up with him?  At this point, I think the woman is mentally unstable & capable of anything, so who knows what she could do next.  Ugh, this show as it is now -- The Bethenny Show -- is so ugly & unfunny.  Why, Bravo (and Satan Andy), why are you in bed with this terrifying woman?

Idk, I'm picturing the end of Network, and thinking Bethenny is heading that direction in some way -- I mean with some kind of violence.  Her rage scares me in such an uncomfortable way.  Does anyone still wanna watch her rage & find it entertaining?  Brrr, gives me the shivers & shakes.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Wow, so if Bethenny actually starts physically harming cast members, would Satan Andy & Bravo be fine & dandy with it, just so long as they film it?  Real nice.  Seriously, what if Bethenny whipped out a bat at that reunion (or at Dorinda's Berkshires joint) & started beating Lu with it?  And what if she took out a gun & blew John's head off after her dust-up with him?  At this point, I think the woman is mentally unstable & capable of anything, so who knows what she could do next.  Ugh, this show as it is now -- The Bethenny Show -- is so ugly & unfunny.  Why, Bravo (and Satan Andy), why are you in bed with this terrifying woman?

Idk, I'm picturing the end of Network, and thinking Bethenny is heading that direction in some way -- I mean with some kind of violence.  Her rage scares me in such an uncomfortable way.  Does anyone still wanna watch her rage & find it entertaining?  Brrr, gives me the shivers & shakes.

It would not be the first time the franchise was re-worked and filming delayed due to going "too dark".  NJ had a similar season and has never really recovered.

Andy getting woodies over Bethenny destroying people is not a good look.  Oh wait, she is one of his radio stars.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Oh wait, she is one of his radio stars.

Living in an area with total crap radio reception I'm clueless--has her radio show begun? Is it just more of the same Bethenny monologue or has she, in any way, evolved?

4 hours ago, Beden said:

Living in an area with total crap radio reception I'm clueless--has her radio show begun? Is it just more of the same Bethenny monologue or has she, in any way, evolved?

It's on Sirius/XM on Andy's station, and it has been on for a while now. I have no clue how long but I'd say at least a few (3-5) months? 

• Love 2

Wait, so now we are not only pondering that Beth hired folks to follow Lu's cheating boyfriend around, but also the potential for her to become physically violent with her co-workers? And just saying it like there is a real chance that this might happen and be A-OK with Bravo? We need a new episode stat because things are getting strange. 

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Wait, so now we are not only pondering that Beth hired folks to follow Lu's cheating boyfriend around, but also the potential for her to become physically violent with her co-workers? And just saying it like there is a real chance that this might happen and be A-OK with Bravo? We need a new episode stat because things are getting strange. 

I don't think Bethenny hired anyone to follow Tom or Luann, but I do think she has made herself accessible to hear a lot of gossip.  And she uses the gossip.  It kind of becomes a defining moment in one's career path, is she going to be a mogul or a gossip.  I say that because of her radio show.  At the beginning of her 13 week run she was quite dismissive of any RH involvement on her show, celebrities and the like would be her guests.  Of the thirteen episodes she has had Carole Radizwill on twice and Kathy from RHONJ.  Here is the always delightful Bethenny Frankel and how many fucks she gives.  I am curious why she claims Tom Brady has a small penis:   http://blog.siriusxm.com/2016/05/02/watch-bethenny-frankel-gives-zero-fs-about-lemonade-deflategate-and-more/

As far as physicality, this franchise has really only had two-Carole vs. Aviva, and Kristen vs. Ramona.  I don't see Bethenny doing anything more than posturing.  Bravo gave Porsha Williams a huge pass when she got very physical, not once but twice, Nene has had her moments, so I don't think they would hold Bethenny to a different standard.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Look, her fits of rage, tho terrifying & truly scary, have never led to ANY threats of violence . . . yet.  Still, these fits are very intense, besides being scary as hell to watch thru just my TV.  I don't know what the woman is capable of when she has these rage-filled fits.  I would not wanna be around her.  Let's see how the rest of the reunion goes.  Right now, (to me) she seems as mentally unbalanced as Kelly ever was or is.  Who knows?  Maybe she's just being an actress & playing this stuff up for the cams, figuring she'll play another Scary Island Kelly & it'll be good for ratings & keep the show going.

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

I would not wanna be around her.

I can't imagine ANYONE would want to be around her, especially her co-workers on this show.  It's unfortunate that Andy is enamored and has placed his bets on Bethy, as if we want to watch an out-of-control, hypocritical harpy harassing and haranguing the Ho's.  We are not amused, Andy!

Edited by izabella
  • Love 8

What fits though?   Yes, in the Berkshires, she got out of control pissed off, and she acknowledged that pretty much immediately.  (I'm making no judgements, just saying she realized pretty much right away it was a problem).  Other than that, I haven't seen her have "fits"  if you're talking about Bethenny at the reunion, she's no more animated than anyone else is when there's something going on that they are passionate about.  Every single one of those women screech over the other to make points and have to be told to shut it so that someone can finish or for Andy to be able to hear.  To say that B is somehow having fits when the others are exhibiting the same behavior is just bitch eating crackers, in my opinion.

• Love 3