Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

46 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

As far as the "judging narcissist", if Bethenny thinks it is a dig about her, doesn't that kind of make her a narcissist? 

"You're so vain....you probably think this song is about you..."

• Love 3
18 hours ago, tenativelyyours said:

Its funny if she actually thinks Shields has integrity.  He could so have ended his marriage with a minimal amount of fuss before taking on a Reality Show trollope complete with coupledom moments clearly just for the tabloid press.  He also could have extended his claims to valued privacy and done something to not have it put his daughter in the messy mix no matter how amicable his divorce (well his Bigfoot Divorce, lots of talk but no one has found any real sign of it yet).  If the Monster thinks she is in a relationship or whatever it is, with a man of "integrity" there would have been nothing to try and pretend was a air tight defense with the daughter on the phone.  It would have been a simple -- "His marriage had ended  to my understanding and satisfaction and he is showing a 27 year marriage that involves children the respect it deserves in how he goes about resolving its conclusion and I'm not going to discuss it further with a bunch of women that neither know him or her; because whatever differences there might be in any ending of a marriage, there is also considerable respect for and by all concerned.

Instead she dances like a monkey getting electrocuted to avoid the simple facts.  It doesn't matter what the daughter thinks.  Francis didn't die and make her pope.  So fallible.  And actually the perspective is a bit dubious when it comes from a family member in such a case where he hasn't even filed for divorce but is willing to traipse around with the Monster as if she is his own Madame de Pompadour and the Monster actually thinks that is elevating  -- yes you too can be thin, rich and have a billionaire of dubious ethics flaunt you as his mid life crises sex toy.  Well no you can't actually.  Only the Monster can because she is brilliant and knows everything and no matter how similar it is to your own situation, yours is immoral and trashy and hers is a Disney Princess moment but in an adult way where the singing cartoon animals give fillers and implants instead sewing ballgowns and always give zero fucks.

Shock the monkey to life!

When your narrative relies on other people to shore it up/prove facts/or help you prove it?

It just shows that your word doesn't mean anything to the people you are trying to pass it off with.

Another measure of a person is being able to listen to what they say and NOT have to turn away so they don't see you laughing or rolling your eyes at them.

Maybe dennyboy can scrape some of the 'integrity' off the inside of his thighs so Meth can grab some?

47 minutes ago, NewDigs said:

I wouldn't know where to even begin looking for that. Bogus or not.

But Bethy has access to the mainstream media (and Carole) for her thinly veiled jabs.

LOL, Beth uses the "Jeff Dunham approach" with Scareole?

Stick a hand up her ass and work her mouth and feelings?

• Love 1
21 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

So what difference does it make if you know her name or not?  It makes little difference to me.  Bethenny and the rest of ladies all have their children's names out in the press.  If Dennis and Bethenny want to walk around holding hands in front of photographers I would say they have decided to take their relationship public.  Bethenny said she had been texting the daughter throughout the Reunion.  I thought it came of desperate and if I were to be impressed I would have rather heard from either Dennis or Jill Shields.  They are the ones who know what happened in the marriage and when nd why.  I could totally buy the Shields marriage has been irrevocably broken down for many years and much like Luann and her husband they were waiting on behalf of the kids to publicly finalize their desire to end the marriage.

Why does it matter? There are so many reasons it is hard to even know where to start. But I will start with this: because some people are fucking nuts. Some people take this shit, the hating on HW's, very seriously. So seriously that some will tweet Kyle that they hope her 3 year old daughter gets cancer. HW hate runs very deep in some. They will pour over any and every mention of the hated HW, looking for any tiny meaningless thing that will add to their list of reasons why a hated HW sucks. The information would be benign if the HW weren't hated, but if they are, the information becomes proof that the hate is justified. 

This is something that I will never understand, the need to pay so much attention to a HW that someone hates. I actually like Beth, but I cannot imagine being interested enough to pay attention to everything she says, does, wears, etc. But that is the world we live in. Does anyone believe that people who learned the name of her boyfriend's daughter weren't looking her up on FB, on Twitter, etc? Someone on another forum posted they had done that exact thing, tying to find or not find a link to Beth that would prove or disprove the notion that she liked Beth. Hoping to find a post someplace that might contradict what she said on the phone, or prove that it wasn't really the daughter on the phone with Beth. Yes, people like this are out there, and you could certainly see that in many posts I've read where people question the daughters loyalty to her mother. So to some, the daughter also sucks. She sucks like Dennis and Beth suck, and finding information to back up the fact that she sucks would be important to some. Knowing her name would help in proving that she sucks. I was shocked at the need by some for it to not be the daughter on the phone. It just couldn't be, because of course if it was, then things look different. 

It also matters because whatever you think of Beth or Dennis, or the mother or the daughter, they have all gone out of their way to protect as much privacy as possible. To protect the privacy of the people who didn't decide to get involved in this shitstorm. I can see no way to compare Dennis' children to Lu, Ramona or Beth and their kids. These are gals who decided to sign a waiver and have their children and their lives portrayed on their reality TV show. Dennis didn't do this, and neither did his wife. These people - and their surrogates - have stayed remarkably quiet about all of this. No "sources" claiming to know the real truth. They have kept a tight lid on it all, with no one mentioning the names of the kids. Clearly there was intent behind this, an attempt to give them what privacy they could. Until some crazy bitch on a forum, who claims to care about this daughter, decides to give her name to an unknown audience, which might contain some crazy people. I understand that some have an issue with the daughter calling in, but it seems like she didn't like what people were saying about her father, or her parents marriage, and she wanted to clear some things up. It was also clear she wanted to do it without divulging much about herself. No statements to the press confirming her identity, no mention later from the dad, mom, or Beth. So she  was concerned about her dad. Good for her. But lots of loonies won't like it. They won't like it because Beth sucks, and proving it in any way possible is important. 

ETA: I think everyone would be interested to hear from the wife, but for me the daughter will do just fine.  I don't think it is so much the messenger, but the message.  I think if the message had been the opposite, from the exact same person, many would be quoting it at every opportunity.  If Lu for example would have spoken to the daughter, or if she had given an interview calling Beth a horrible person, that suddenly hearing from the daughter would be very compelling. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, QuinnM said:

I doubt it since Jason put one of his hobbies on his dating profile as 'Judger of narcissists'

16 hours ago, QuinnM said:

Dang, that's the second thing this week.  I knew the coffee bar trivia question, 'How many days was Kim K married to Kris Humphries?' and the barista told me I should be ashamed.

This was just a couple weeks ago and was really vetted at the time, so yes.  And I'm not getting into a whole 'sources close to Hoppy' discussion cause we all beat that dead horse down good 2 years ago.

With the exception of the Ron Burgundy shot, the photos on Bumble are all paparazzi shots.  I would think it's fake.  Starcasm thinks it's fake.  The Eonline article says "it appears" and "seemingly," and no one reached out to Jason for a comment.  The only quote is one relating to the divorce itself.  Every other article just quotes the EOnline article.  It really wasn't vetted at the time.  It really goes against every other statement made by Jason (and non-statement too). I wish someone were on Bumble to give it a hit and see what the response would be.

Bethenny is at this point not able to keep up with her own lies.  "I am dating a man who was married to a woman I went to HS with that I have only seen 2-3 times in the last 20 years."  "I texted her with a time stamp of our dinner to prove I wasn't sleeping with him." Why? If you weren't really friends with the wife why would you care if a simple dinner bothered her?  If nothing was going on why would it matter if you were having dinner? Why did you have her number if you weren't friends?  Why would you think you would need a time stamp ever? And the daughter saying you were a "family friend?" That means family - including the wife - someone you only saw 2-3 times in 20 years? No.  And he met Bryn when she was born?  Presumably the family friend wife was there bc I don't know many men who are going to see new born babies. 

And Mr. Brilliant, full of integrity, family man? WTF is he having his daughter stand up and say he isn't sleeping with you in the family home? What kind of man has his daughter vouch for his mistress? As if the daughter knows when and where he started sleeping with her.

We know how well Bethenny does with family men. That worked out great with the Hoppys.  In no time she is going to be jealous of the time he spends with his family.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Why does it matter? There are so many reasons it is hard to even know where to start. But I will start with this: because some people are fucking nuts. Some people take this shit, the hating on HW's, very seriously. So seriously that some will tweet Kyle that they hope her 3 year old daughter gets cancer. HW hate runs very deep in some. They will pour over any and every mention of the hated HW, looking for any tiny meaningless thing that will add to their list of reasons why a hated HW sucks. The information would be benign if the HW weren't hated, but if they are, the information becomes proof that the hate is justified. 

This is something that I will never understand, the need to pay so much attention to a HW that someone hates. I actually like Beth, but I cannot imagine being interested enough to pay attention to everything she says, does, wears, etc. But that is the world we live in. Does anyone believe that people who learned the name of her boyfriend's daughter weren't looking her up on FB, on Twitter, etc? Someone on another forum posted they had done that exact thing, tying to find or not find a link to Beth that would prove or disprove the notion that she liked Beth. Hoping to find a post someplace that might contradict what she said on the phone, or prove that it wasn't really the daughter on the phone with Beth. Yes, people like this are out there, and you could certainly see that in many posts I've read where people question the daughters loyalty to her mother. So to some, the daughter also sucks. She sucks like Dennis and Beth suck, and finding information to back up the fact that she sucks would be important to some. Knowing her name would help in proving that she sucks. I was shocked at the need by some for it to not be the daughter on the phone. It just couldn't be, because of course if it was, then things look different. 

It also matters because whatever you think of Beth or Dennis, or the mother or the daughter, they have all gone out of their way to protect as much privacy as possible. To protect the privacy of the people who didn't decide to get involved in this shitstorm. I can see no way to compare Dennis' children to Lu, Ramona or Beth and their kids. These are gals who decided to sign a waiver and have their children and their lives portrayed on their reality TV show. Dennis didn't do this, and neither did his wife. These people - and their surrogates - have stayed remarkably quiet about all of this. No "sources" claiming to know the real truth. They have kept a tight lid on it all, with no one mentioning the names of the kids. Clearly there was intent behind this, an attempt to give them what privacy they could. Until some crazy bitch on a forum, who claims to care about this daughter, decides to give her name to an unknown audience, which might contain some crazy people. I understand that some have an issue with the daughter calling in, but it seems like she didn't like what people were saying about her father, or her parents marriage, and she wanted to clear some things up. It was also clear she wanted to do it without divulging much about herself. No statements to the press confirming her identity, no mention later from the dad, mom, or Beth. So she  was concerned about her dad. Good for her. But lots of loonies won't like it. They won't like it because Beth sucks, and proving it in any way possible is important.

I don't remember Bethy ever addressing the issue of privacy for Dennis et al. Instead she denied they were dating, denied how well and for how long they were all acquaintanced, denied he/they were still legally entangled with others and then attacked others for doing essentially what she (Bethy) was doing.

It's like she waved a red flag!

Privacy does not interrupt a teevee show to call one of the people who supposedly needed privacy.

• Love 3

How long ago did the story come out that Bryn asked to meet her grandmother?  Why is Bethenny waiting to the Fall/months and months to meet with her if her primary concern is Bryn's happiness? Is anything in Bethenny's life not for publicity/reality show?

• Love 2
20 hours ago, NewDigs said:

"I think I’ve been pretty sheltered in my emotional estimation of people.

Oh yeah, and now "kindness" is important. Sheltered...this from the ho who announced her mother as the wicked witch of the west, has never stopped insulting and denigrating her former husband and Jill, her former mentor, and relentlessly assaults with vile language her current coworkers. Yeah, you can see where that kindness thing is important to her.

Oh, and "integrity"...like claiming your SG is all natural when it was chemical swill, that your life was an open book while denying an affair with a married man, lying about your personal conduct? That kind of integrity?  I give her a pass on all the plastic surgery because the woman is just deluded on the subject. 

If Lizzie Grubman is running her PR, she needs to lasso this heifer back...it looks terrible for Grubman.

• Love 16
5 minutes ago, jinjer said:

How long ago did the story come out that Bryn asked to meet her grandmother?  Why is Bethenny waiting to the Fall/months and months to meet with her if her primary concern is Bryn's happiness? Is anything in Bethenny's life not for publicity/reality show?

The timing is suspect for sure, it happened right before the reunion was set to film, so July. I suspect we will be seeing a meet up between Bethenny and her mother, without Bryn, so that Bethenny can "asses" if her mother is worthy enough to meet Bryn next season, along with Bethenny talking to her former step father. Remember him, Bethenny was so gung ho to intro him to Bryn last season but she still hasn't!

• Love 5
18 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I think the intended recipient of Jason's little barb was Bethenny, not his potential dates, and he completely meant for her and whoever else cares to track his ass to see it.   It's just a passive aggressive move of a petty guy who didn't get the golden parachute out of his marriage he expected and he's bitter.  He needs to get over it, just the same as Bethenny does.

And I don't agree that bashing each other in private where Bryn won't hear it is okay.  The bashing needs to STOP, period.  The marriage is over, the divorce is settled.  It's time for them both to move the hell on.

Jason has neither confirmed or denied his participation in Bumble.  If it is his account it may be an indirect way of saying he does not want women to respond with a fame agenda.   All in all in would be a huge stretch legally to say it was all about Bethenny and getting the last dig.

Orders for parents not to disparage are usually with a "in front of the child(ren)", in cases of notoriety there is usually an order the parties not discuss matters that are pending litigation with the press.  I believe the court in this matter ruled the proceedings would not be closed because Bethenny has made a living off her private life.  IIRC there something about experts reports not being referred to.  Usually those are just for the court's eyes. 

I believe Jason did okay.  If he was left with zip there would be no reason to settle-he would have gone to trial. 

One season Bethenny was gone to spend every last dime she made off SKinnygirl to fight the lawsuit filed against her by her former agency.  She did not, she folded like a cheap suitcase pretty early on.  The difference in the divorce, is Jason knew that Bethenny was trying to outlawyer him, make it unobtainable for his to seek what he thought he deserved.  The Court ordered Bethenny to pay $100,000.00 towards Jason's legal fees.  (Subject to set-off at the conclusion of the matter.)

Bethenny is now writing a book entitled, "How Not TO Get Fucked In Your Divorce," again another raising awareness issue for Bethenny.  I agree with your bolded part. . . . move on.  Check the martial status box "divorced".  There really isn't one for a really, really bad divorce.  I think Bethenny feels like she always needs to be a fighter, sometimes there is greater success in compromise.

This is the face of a multi-divorced woman about 10 years from now for Bethenny:   l_Al1cjxfsts.jpg Dear old mom.

• Love 8

I am thinking the quote from Bethenny, "he is a very major family man," is one for the laugh tracks.  I believe she should have said, "he is a devoted father."  

http://www.realitytea.com/2016/09/15/bethenny-frankel-opens-boyfriend-dennis-shields-admits-divorce-jason-hoppy-still-hard/

It just seems maybe his estranged wife might want to weigh in on the "family man".  That should be coming from Mrs. Shields, not her husband's girlfriend.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

If it is (Jason's) account it may be an indirect way of saying he does not want women to respond with a fame agenda.  

Why would any woman with a fame agenda respond to Jason?  He's a nobody. I think he's safe from being preyed upon by other golddigging famewhores, lol

I believe Jason did okay.  If he was left with zip there would be no reason to settle-he would have gone to trial. 

Do you have any idea how expensive a trial like theirs would have been?  People settle all the time just to avoid the expense. It doesn't mean he got a good settlement.  For all we know his lawyers might have told him to take what he could get and run because they were afraid he might do worse in a trial. 

This is the face of a multi-divorced woman about 10 years from now for Bethenny:   l_Al1cjxfsts.jpg Dear old mom.

That's really unkind.

• Love 2

From inquisitr .

"Her now ex-husband, Jason Hoppy, had taken over the apartment and had refused to leave the place during the divorce. And as long as Bethenny was paying him spousal support, he was able to live in the apartment. When the judge axed the support, it only took about a month or two for him to vacate the apartment and give the keys back to Frankel."

Is this what happened? It seems to be saying that Jason couldn't afford the apartment w/o spousal support. I thought he was trying to stake claim or something. Not that he needed her money to stay. I'm confused.

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Why would any woman with a fame agenda respond to Jason?  He's a nobody. I think he's safe from being preyed upon by other golddigging famewhores, lol

Do you have any idea how expensive a trial like theirs would have been?  People settle all the time just to avoid the expense. It doesn't mean he got a good settlement.  For all we know his lawyers might have told him to take what he could get and run because they were afraid he might do worse in a trial. 

That's really unkind.

Even cast off reality TV people have their allure.  Look at how many people post pro-Jason.  People believe because they see someone on reality TV, they know them.

Well yes, Celia I do have an idea how expensive a trial would be.  My estimate would be Jason would be incurring about $15,000-$20,000 a day in attorneys fees, expert witnesses and expenses.  Say it was a three or four day trial, probably another $100,000.00.  He is receiving $11,000.00 a month in child support, so it is not outside the realm of reality. I don't think Jason shied away from the expense of a trial, most of the trial expense had already been incurred, with experts and the like and the custody hearing-which Bethenny folded over.  I don't believe Jason folded over the expense of the trial, I think they ultimately reached a settlement agreement and he received $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

I am sorry, but Bethenny has raised her mother ignoring her because she was at war with whatever man she was involved with.  Personally, for being about 60 years old at the time I don't think the woman looks all that bad.  I do think Bethenny needs to take a look at what she dwells on.  She needs to move past the divorce.  (Just a note Bethenny's mom and her step-father separated after Bethenny was an adult, so I really don't get Bethenny's statement.)  It is a direct quote from one of her books.

• Love 12
31 minutes ago, NewDigs said:

From inquisitr .

"Her now ex-husband, Jason Hoppy, had taken over the apartment and had refused to leave the place during the divorce. And as long as Bethenny was paying him spousal support, he was able to live in the apartment. When the judge axed the support, it only took about a month or two for him to vacate the apartment and give the keys back to Frankel."

Is this what happened? It seems to be saying that Jason couldn't afford the apartment w/o spousal support. I thought he was trying to stake claim or something. Not that he needed her money to stay. I'm confused.

At one time if a party left the family home it could be deemed abandonment.  I believe Jason lost the issue if he had an interest in the home via a trust.  IIRC the trust was declared invalid because the notary (Jason's mom) was not licensed in New York.  I truly believe, Bethenny because she has been so sheltered emotionally, honestly thought if she sent Jason a letter (per the pre-nup) he would pack up and agree to let Bethenny and Bryn move to LA so Bethenny could pursue her talk show career.  Emotionally, Bethenny was over Jason so it was onward and upward when it came to business.  Because of her sheltered state I don't think Bethenny even considered that Jason would rather work things out.  It is not what Bethenny does.  Remember when she said, "when I am done I am done," about Sonja?  Oh that's right after a month or so she really wasn't done.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

That's really unkind.

Of course he got a great settlement or Bethie wouldn't keep saying he stole from her. It's unreal. Poor Bryn will be Reading this stuff by age 8 online. Sickness 

• Love 11
24 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Personally, for being about 60 years old at the time I don't think the woman looks all that bad. 

Then why imply Bethenny is going to turn out looking like her in a mean-spirited way?  It seems pretty insulting. 

It's not as if she is on the show swanning around like she is some kind of beauty queen and inviting snark about her appearance.  I hope for her sake she NEVER goes on this show, because she is a fragile person and I don't think it would be good for her at all.  If Bethenny wants to drag cameras with her when she visits, I hope Bernadette has the good sense to say hell no to that just like Beth's father did when she went to see him on his deathbed.

6 minutes ago, Twiggy said:

Of course he got a great settlement or Bethie wouldn't keep saying he stole from her. 

Lots of divorced people resent having to give their ex five cents.  I think Bethenny is one of those people, and her complaining about being stolen from doesn't mean she necessarily had to give Jason a big payout. 

There was a helluva lot of money to be offset - legal fees, spousal support, possibly back rent on the apartment he tried to STEAL. So even if he did get a decent settlement, much of it was already spent.  For all anybody knows, Jason may be back with mommy and daddy sleeping in his childhood bedroom because he can't afford his own place in the city.  What poetic justice THAT would be, lol

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 3
38 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Then why imply Bethenny is going to turn out looking like her in a mean-spirited way?  It seems pretty insulting. 

It's not as if she is on the show swanning around like she is some kind of beauty queen and inviting snark about her appearance.  I hope for her sake she NEVER goes on this show, because she is a fragile person and I don't think it would be good for her at all.  If Bethenny wants to drag cameras with her when she visits, I hope Bernadette has the good sense to say hell no to that just like Beth's father did when she went to see him on his deathbed.

Lots of divorced people resent having to give their ex five cents.  I think Bethenny is one of those people, and her complaining about being stolen from doesn't mean she necessarily had to give Jason a big payout. 

There was a helluva lot of money to be offset - legal fees, spousal support, possibly back rent on the apartment he tried to STEAL. So even if he did get a decent settlement, much of it was already spent.  For all anybody knows, Jason may be back with mommy and daddy sleeping in his childhood bedroom because he can't afford his own place in the city.  What poetic justice THAT would be, lol

I can be mean-spirited.  I am not exactly over here on this thread handing out compliments about Bethenny. Bernadette, has given interviews so she has not exactly been a wallflower.  I have no idea if she is fragile or strong, all the interviews I have read she seems to certainly be her own person.  I don' think she should film with Bethenny under any circumstances.  If she does I hope she gets a great big check with lots of zeros.

I agree lots of people do resent giving up anything in a divorce. It is not as if it is Bethenny decision alone to decide how they are going to divide the marital assets.  That is the court's job.  Her calling it stealing doesn't make it so.

There is no evidence he tried to steal the apartment.  I don't see Jason as begging to just break even on the offsets.  Spousal support and child support are not offsets.  They are paid under court ordered.  Jason owned an apartment before he met Bethenny so maybe he returned to that abode.  You do know Jason still receives $11,000.00 a month in child support.  Even at NY prices that would seem to go a long way towards rent.  He has to be in NY half the month because of Bryn, as she attends school in NY.  See here is where you and I part ways, I think it is in the best interest of the child for both parents to be involved in the child's life.  I see no justice poetic or otherwise for one to live in the penthouse and one to eek by eating government cheese.  Jason works and in order to equalize the situation for the child he receives support.  I hope he saves or spend it wisely.

• Love 12
11 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I can be mean-spirited.  I am not exactly over here on this thread handing out compliments about Bethenny. Bernadette, has given interviews so she has not exactly been a wallflower.  I have no idea if she is fragile or strong, all the interviews I have read she seems to certainly be her own person.  

It just seems like a low-hanging fruit situation.  Whatever. 

There is no evidence he tried to steal the apartment. 

The court saw fit to nullify the trust the apartment was held in due to Jason and his mother's shenanigans.  He had to give up his claim to it and move out.  Sure sounds like he tried to steal that apartment to me.  ymmv 

I don't see Jason as begging to just break even on the offsets.  Spousal support and child support are not offsets.  They are paid under court ordered

The spousal support the court ordered Bethenny to pay was done in error.  They both waived spousal support in their pre-nup. Once the court realized the error, Bethenny was allowed to stop paying him and the money Jason had already received was subject to offset.  It was something like 12K for a year or so, about $150, 000.   It would have been factored into the settlement agreement. 

You do know Jason still receives $11,000.00 a month in child support.  Even at NY prices that would seem to go a long way towards rent.  He has to be in NY half the month because of Bryn, as she attends school in NY.  See here is where you and I part ways, I think it is in the best interest of the child for both parents to be involved in the child's life.  I see no justice poetic or otherwise for one to live in the penthouse and one to eek by eating government cheese. 

That child support money is meant for BRYN.   If Jason uses some of it to put a roof over of his head, too ... fine, whatever.  I wouldn't want Bryn to suffer when she is with him.  But as far as giving a shit about Jason personally, nope.  He can choke on government cheese as far as I am concerned.  He is nothing but a gold-digging mentally abusive asshole and he can go sleep under a bridge when he's out of child support to live off of.  I couldn't care less. 

Jason works and in order to equalize the situation for the child he receives support.  I hope he saves or spend it wisely. 

Child support is intended to be spent on the child to meet their current needs, not saved by the parent so they have a personal nest egg for a rainy day down the road.  If he is squirreling it away, be better not let Bethenny find out because she can use that to prove he doesn't need as much as she is paying.  

• Love 8

There is no evidence he tried to steal the apartment.  I don't see Jason as begging to just break even on the offsets.  Spousal support and child support are not offsets.  They are paid under court ordered.  Jason owned an apartment before he met Bethenny so maybe he returned to that abode.  You do know Jason still receives $11,000.00 a month in child support.  Even at NY prices that would seem to go a long way towards rent.  He has to be in NY half the month because of Bryn, as she attends school in NY.  See here is where you and I part ways, I think it is in the best interest of the child for both parents to be involved in the child's life.  I see no justice poetic or otherwise for one to live in the penthouse and one to eek by eating government cheese.  Jason works and in order to equalize the situation for the child he receives support.  I hope he saves or spend it wisely.

Jason wanted half the value of the apartment based on the trust document.  When that was thrown out the next step was for the court to determine if the apartment was meant as the family home.  The fact that a significant portion of the apartment was SG offices and that they had lived in in for less than half their married life was probably taken into account.  If Jason still owned his bachelor condo, they look at that too.  During that time Jason had a forensic accounting done on Bethenny's financials.  I know those extend the whole divorce timeline by 1-5 years.  This was being financed by an investor.  All that was in court documents.  The actual rulings that we can see as public is that he was disallowed any spousal support based on the prenup.  That he gets $11K in child support ($1K more than Jules gets for 2 children).  So he gets no apartment, X dollars settlement (?) and $11K child support.  From that subtract the $100K attorney fees that Bethenny had to front.  Then he has to pay back his investor.  Then he has to pay back the temporary spousal support.  If he stole anything it was time.  So depending on the settlement amount he did ok, did poorly or did really well.  The worst part of all of it is the 4 years of acrrimony and attorneys.  You can't get that back.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, QuinnM said:

Then he has to pay back his investor.  

Isn't that what Dennis Shields does? Invest (gamble) in lawsuits?

Some aspects of that can be considered predatory.

I can't imagine that whoever invested in Jason will see much return.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, QuinnM said:

Jason wanted half the value of the apartment based on the trust document.  When that was thrown out the next step was for the court to determine if the apartment was meant as the family home.  The fact that a significant portion of the apartment was SG offices and that they had lived in in for less than half their married life was probably taken into account.  If Jason still owned his bachelor condo, they look at that too.  During that time Jason had a forensic accounting done on Bethenny's financials.  I know those extend the whole divorce timeline by 1-5 years.  This was being financed by an investor.  All that was in court documents.  The actual rulings that we can see as public is that he was disallowed any spousal support based on the prenup.  That he gets $11K in child support ($1K more than Jules gets for 2 children).  So he gets no apartment, X dollars settlement (?) and $11K child support.  From that subtract the $100K attorney fees that Bethenny had to front.  Then he has to pay back his investor.  Then he has to pay back the temporary spousal support.  If he stole anything it was time.  So depending on the settlement amount he did ok, did poorly or did really well.  The worst part of all of it is the 4 years of acrrimony and attorneys.  You can't get that back.

The only story I can find about an investor is an In Touch story and they cite no relevant documentation.  http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/jason-hoppy-hires-an-investor-to-help-in-his-divorce-battle-39279  It would be interesting though if Jason went to Dennis Shields, predatory settlement lender. 

What else would the apartment be if not the family home?  That is where they lived. The fact there was an office-not a significant portion of the dwelling committed to the apartment doesn't make it an office.

I can find nothing stating Jason was required to payback or set off his monthly spousal support.

This article seems to be based on court documents:  http://allthingsrh.com/find-out-how-much-judge-orders-bethenny-frankel-to-pay-jason-hoppy-in-divorce-battle/ well at least based on article based on court documents.  Insane amount of money and that was just through May of 2014. 

When I think of settlements I think in terms of disposing of the issue.  I think what Jason wanted was a piece of the Skinnygirl pie for time and energy he felt he invested.  I don't think he stayed in it to get his attorneys fees and past spousal support forgiven. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I keep reading that Bethenny and Jill were high school friends, but were they really?

Or is this a bit of hyperbole to make the story slightly more salacious? Bethenny is a couple of years younger than Jill. It's unlikely that they were in the same grade. I went to a prep school, which had tiny class sizes (between 20 -30 kids per grade). In the immediate years following graduation, I knew and could recognize everyone in the high school because there were only 100 kids in the high school. Ten years after I graduated from high school, I couldn't remember 90% of the kids who weren't in my grade. Additionally, Bethenny's last two years of high school were in Florida. How well could they have known each other for the 2 years that their tenure in high school overlapped?

Bethenny's divorce took as long as it did because neither Bethenny nor Jason would back down. Bethenny was an asshole about custody of Bryn, but if Jason really was weary over the divorce he would accepted what was in the prenup. They were both being stubborn.

I'm not going to excuse it, but a lot of people in Bethenny's age range did drugs. Was she a club kid? Was this when she was in college because from about 1991, she was in LA. For most of the 90s, she seems to have been in LA persuing an acting career, a PA on Saved by the Bell, and Kathy Hilton's personal assistant. I'm not saying that she didn't use drugs because we've seen that picture of Kathy and Rick with Rick James at either Nicky or Paris' first birthday party.

I'm not going to judge Bethenny for having been in that softcore movie. Lots of people did very similar films because they needed the money and thought it might help them make inroads in Hollywood. Camille Grammer has 2 or 3 softcore films on her IMDB. And the very lovely talented Vanessa Williams has her nude photoshoot.

image.jpeg

Almost asks more questions than it answers. 

Wonder if anyone asked "Any other questions". 

It's from the June 14 DailyMail.

Sometimes it's best to keep yer trap shut.

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, NewDigs said:

image.jpeg

She's not his "ex wife" Bethenny. Last I heard no one had even filed for divorce.  

I don't mean to get all judgey.  I know these things can be complicated.  Sometimes couples move on with other people before the ink is dry on the paperwork and it's their business. They have their reasons.  But I'm just saying.   She is not his ex wife. 

Dont call her that.

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

She's not his "ex wife" Bethenny. Last I heard no one had even filed for divorce.  

I don't mean to get all judgey.  I know these things can be complicated.  Sometimes couples move on with other people before the ink is dry on the paperwork and it's their business. They have their reasons.  But I'm just saying.   She is not his ex wife. 

Dont call her that.

Bethenny would have had a fit had Jason started to date someone she knew and introduced Bryn to her before their divorce was final but, her rules have never applied to herself, just everyone around her.

Bethenny would never say "his WIFE", even though she is still his current wife, she can't allow Jill to have the title any longer, Shields belongs to Bethenny now in her mind.

• Love 14
4 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

The spousal support the court ordered Bethenny to pay was done in error.  They both waived spousal support in their pre-nup. Once the court realized the error, Bethenny was allowed to stop paying him and the money Jason had already received was subject to offset.  It was something like 12K for a year or so, about $150, 000.   It would have been factored into the settlement agreement. 

That child support money is meant for BRYN.   If Jason uses some of it to put a roof over of his head, too ... fine, whatever.  I wouldn't want Bryn to suffer when she is with him.  But as far as giving a shit about Jason personally, nope.  He can choke on government cheese as far as I am concerned.  He is nothing but a gold-digging mentally abusive asshole and he can go sleep under a bridge when he's out of child support to live off of.  I couldn't care less. 

Child support is intended to be spent on the child to meet their current needs, not saved by the parent so they have a personal nest egg for a rainy day down the road.  If he is squirreling it away, be better not let Bethenny find out because she can use that to prove he doesn't need as much as she is paying.  

Again there is nothing that indicates Jason had to repay or offset the court ordered spousal support.  Why would Jason want to factor it in to a settlement agreement-he doesn't owe reimbursement.  The beauty of the high court reversing the temporary order is it appeared to move the settlement along.

Child support is paid to the parent.  The receiving parent decides how to spend it, short of a showing of total irresponsibility the paying parent has no reason to demand an accounting.  The formula is based on the income of the two parties.

I disagree about saving income of any sort.  If a person wants to clip coupons and save for a rainy day, say in the event the company he works for goes bankrupt, he sustains a prolonged illness, it would seem a lot more responsible if he put away 10% of his income. He can put money aside for Bryn's college, a vacation, or yes even a personal nest egg.  There is certainly nothing within the law that says a parent cannot save child support or accrue savings because they are receiving child support.

• Love 3

Again there is nothing that indicates Jason had to repay or offset the court ordered spousal support.  Why would Jason want to factor it in to a settlement agreement-he doesn't owe reimbursement. 

Of course he does.  The court found he was paid the money when he should not have been.  Jason doesn't get a windfall because there was a mistake made.  

It's impossible for me to believe that the money was not taken into account when the settlement was negotiated and factored into what he received.  The idea that either Bethenny or her high powered lawyers would let something like that just slide is unimaginable. 

As far as saving up his child support, Jason may be able to do that, provided he still covers his share of Bryn's expenses with what he receives.  If he fails to do so, Bethenny certainly can demand an accounting and to the extent that Jason is acting in his own interests to the detriment of Bryn, he faces modification of his award.  Given that he (apparently) lives in NYC and is responsible for half her expenses, it's unlikely he has anything to save anyway. It probably take the whole 11K just to keep a roof over his head and the lights on and buy food, so it's really a moot point.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 3

Well folks, we're never going to find out if Jason was required to pay back temporary alimony because the documents are sealed.  That is, unless Beth 'sneaks' something out.

IIRC, the court did order that both of them are obligated to share expenditures for Bryn.  Jason's share is lower than Beth's which is fair IMO.  Jason doesn't have to account to the court how the child support he receives is spent unless Beth can prove that Jason isn't providing proper care (I highly doubt that will happen).  Following Jules' temporary child support, the court stated that the support goes to Jules.  Michael wanted food money to go directly to the nanny.

Beth really slipped up on 'ex' wife.  She's really hot on this issue.  It's about her integrity you know.  That's a real side eye turning statement from The Exaggerator.  And yeah, ZM, he's a real family guy.  Hm.  I guess mom doesn't count. 

No one can judge Beth because DS is separated but she and Carole can judge Lu in Turks even though they have no idea of what is the guy's marital status.  God, I wish Lu had pointed that out.  God, I wish that any of those women had pointed that out.

Jason's profile on an online supposedly states:

"Lover of sports. Judger of narcissism. Downtown living with small town spirit."

http://www.eonline.com/news/791431/is-bethenny-frankel-s-ex-husband-jason-hoppy-looking-for-love-on-bumble

I love that Beth has no comment because:

"Out of respect for her privacy and the well-being of her daughter, Bethenny is declining to comment," the Bravo star's attorney told E! News

Give me a break Beth.  I won't even start with all the things you've said about your daughter's father.

What the heck does 'Judger of narcissism' even mean?  I truly am kind of perplexed on this.

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Of course he does.  The court found he was paid the money when he should not have been.  Jason doesn't get a windfall because there was a mistake made.  

It's impossible for me to believe that the money was not taken into account when the settlement was negotiated and factored into what he received.  The idea that either Bethenny or her high powered lawyers would let something like that just slide is unimaginable. 

As far as saving up his child support, Jason may be able to do that, provided he still covers his share of Bryn's expenses with what he receives.  If he fails to do so, Bethenny certainly can demand an accounting and to the extent that Jason is acting in his own interests to the detriment of Bryn, he faces modification of his award.  Given that he (apparently) lives in NYC and is responsible for half her expenses, it's unlikely he has anything to save anyway. It probably take the whole 11K just to keep a roof over his head and the lights on and buy food, so it's really a moot point.

I found when the temporary maintenance order went into effect:  http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/bethenny-frankel-divorce-jason-hoppy-attorneys-fees-rhony/  which was about 10 months before the high court reversed.  So at this point this is about $120,000.00.  This is a case involving millions.  When a remitter is issued by the appellate court it directs the court on what to do.  I am just not finding the high court ordered a set off or Jason repay the money.  There are a variety of reasons for this, one is since it is spousal support, Jason paid taxes on it and Betheny was allowed to deduct it, so there is a net amount to be considered.  So $120,000.00 less 39% is a big deal.  What Jason really saw was around $73,200.00 before state and local taxes and attorneys' fees. 

The only way to move forward is write the checks every month and stay out of each others' affairs.

• Love 3
On 9/17/2016 at 5:45 AM, motorcitymom65 said:

ETA: I think everyone would be interested to hear from the wife, but for me the daughter will do just fine.  I don't think it is so much the messenger, but the message.  I think if the message had been the opposite, from the exact same person, many would be quoting it at every opportunity.  If Lu for example would have spoken to the daughter, or if she had given an interview calling Beth a horrible person, that suddenly hearing from the daughter would be very compelling. 

For real? Wowzer, pathological.

I don't usually read about the HWs outside of this forum, but just did the other day -- the level of vitriol in the comments section blew my mind.  Snark is good -- fun to read. Unadulterated, seething hatred, comment after comment, on the other hand, is not fun to me.  (Although the "She's so filled with hate, and I fucking hate her for it" type comments are kinda funny in a different way ;) I think of those as the "Burn her anyway!" comments. Monty Python anyone?

• Love 9
19 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I can be mean-spirited.  I am not exactly over here on this thread handing out compliments about Bethenny. Bernadette, has given interviews so she has not exactly been a wallflower.  I have no idea if she is fragile or strong, all the interviews I have read she seems to certainly be her own person.  I don' think she should film with Bethenny under any circumstances.  If she does I hope she gets a great big check with lots of zeros.

I agree lots of people do resent giving up anything in a divorce. It is not as if it is Bethenny decision alone to decide how they are going to divide the marital assets.  That is the court's job.  Her calling it stealing doesn't make it so.

Why can't you be mean spirited?

YOU aren't yelling WHORESLUTDOLLFUCK at people like some rabid asshole.

Methenny isn't going to 'grow up' to look like her mother - Evil has no face - and who is to say that she will ever reach 'adulthood/maturity'?

It's quite all right to be mean, petty, vile, spiteful and a fucking dickbag - But Zoeysmom can't make a statement about how she feels?

• Love 8
14 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Bethenny would have had a fit had Jason started to date someone she knew and introduced Bryn to her before their divorce was final but, her rules have never applied to herself, just everyone around her.

Bethenny would never say "his WIFE", even though she is still his current wife, she can't allow Jill to have the title any longer, Shields belongs to Bethenny now in her mind.

Wonder what was going through Jason's mind when Bethy was dating Michael Cerussi III.

And he's nine years younger than B.

bolding mine

Cerrusi's aunt Nancy Mcenaney dismissed her nephew’s past behaviour and said Bethenny was lucky to have him because he was a ‘great guy’ who loved older women.

Mrs Mcenaney, 58, told MailOnline: ‘He’s got a good heart. Everything about him is great.

‘He treats me like a sister. I don’t think the age gap (with Frankel) is a problem - Mac is like a brother to me...he likes to go on holiday with his mum’.

She added that Cerussi’s father Michael - a feted corporate lawyer who died in 2011 - was ‘tough’ on him and that he wanted him to go to law school after Union College.

However, Michael made his own way in the world and entered into finance.

Speaking about the alleged rape, Mrs Mcenaney said that ‘nothing came of it’ and that ‘it was all dropped’.

She said: ‘All college kids get into some sort of trouble’.

And I'm not so sure his "some sort of trouble" case would have been dropped had it landed some place other than CollegeCourt.

• Love 5

Well, Bethy will have had so much surgery by that time any resemblance will be illusory.

I'd hope more that Bryn becomes her own gentle, kind, easy going person. Not a seething mass of Bethy's warp-speed contradictions and ill temper.

• Love 7
35 minutes ago, NewDigs said:

Well, Bethy will have had so much surgery by that time any resemblance will be illusory.

I'd hope more that Bryn becomes her own gentle, kind, easy going person. Not a seething mass of Bethy's warp-speed contradictions and ill temper.

I honestly think Bethenny wants the same for Bryn.  There is no reason, unless the parents are sick, for her not to be enjoying life.  One thing with split custody there is no reason she can't be the center of attention whichever parent she is spending time.  That was Bethenny big gripe that her father was out of her life.  It seems there may be hope.

It still doesn't make Bethenny any les ill tempered. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Jextella said:

I know - I just learned about this recently and am totally shocked. Especially because of this season with her leading the charge on the slut shaming...

• Love 10
On 9/17/2016 at 10:22 AM, NewDigs said:

Privacy does not interrupt a teevee show to call one of the people who supposedly needed privacy.

That really is the take away, isn't it? Bethenny publicly pimped out Shield's daughter, just to buttress up her slut-shaming time-stamped full -o-integrity soft-core-porn self. 

• Love 14
5 hours ago, Jextella said:

Yeah, I've always found the movie thing really weird. I think Andy asked her about it once and she had her pat 'whatevs, I did what I did, no big whoop' response - and Andy let it lie, which surprised the hell out of me at the time. But normally this would be subject matter the other HWs AND Andy (especially Andy) would eat for lunch. Like, I truly believe if anyone else starred in a cheesy movie with nudity/sex scenes there would be AT LEAST a three-episode arc complete with hashtags and a week of WWHL interviews around the subject matter. Instead, Alex got slammed & shamed and Bethenny looked around blankly at the reunion, just like she did when Andy asked all the HWs if they had plastic surgery.

I have to say I did think Bethenny never looked better than when she did the first show with Jason. A little bit of weight, her natural hair and skin tone (no rotisserie chicken-level "suntan" these Bravo women are inexplicably drawn to) and she looked happy. Kind of the same for me with Luann - when she was with Jacques she looked and seemed prettier - natural and relaxed. Granted I liked both Jason and Jacques, but I thought both women seemed to let their guard down and show a much more attractive side of their personalities. It seemed, at least at the beginning, to be genuine. 

Now they just seem like nutty couch-jumpers and firestarters.

• Love 11

And this IS the problem.  Beth sits in judgement of people but....her past is ok.  She can have one night stands via her conversation with Kelly on the yacht at Scary Island but Lu is a fuck doll.  She can judge Lu about being with the Scottish guy in Turks without knowing the guy's marital arrangement but don't anyone judge her.  She can make fun of anyone at their expense because it's 'funny' in her mind no matter how cruel it is. 

On a different subject, remember last week Beth won the poll on whose side you're on?  Beth won.  I did an experiment tonight when texting my vote on the poll question WWHL.  You can vote multiple times (I voted twice).  I can't help but think that Beth had her minions voting throughout the show.  Let's face it.  Beth is media savvy about a number of things (not all that's for sure) and I'm sure the message about the possible poll question was sent out.  Lu, not so much.  Despite the war, Lu doesn't care enough about it to go to all the trouble.  It's life and death for famewhore Beth.

• Love 14

The idea of the housewives using their minions to manipulate the polls on Watch What Happens Live is hardly a new concept. 

All this says to me is that Luann is not on top of her PR as well as Bethenny is.  That's probably why Beth is a self-made millionaire and Luann has always had to depend upon the men in her life for money.  

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

That's probably why Beth is a self-made millionaire and Luann has always had to depend upon the men in her life for money.  

Self-made my ass. 

Lil' Orphan Bethenny has spent her life surrounded by heavy hitters with long and deep connections; thanks to her family. She threw so much shit against the wall for so many years until finally something stuck that her advisors could run with and parlay a deal. Left to her own devices, Bethenny has proved herself to be creatively inept and years behind fads/trends. She spouts tired old bon mots as though she just thought them up. Her "zero fucks" that she proudly proclaims her own and markets has been a catchphrase for decades. 

She is the luckiest person in the world for what happened with Jim Beam. Financially. She is the unluckiest person in the world for what happened with Jim Beam because it meant she could stop trying; stop trying to be nice, to get along with others, to be decent, to face her demons, and grow up. Now she has money to buy syncophants and that's all she needs. 

• Love 20
9 hours ago, steelcitysister said:

Beffy's boobies

I think she looks good (a nice, natural pair of breasts instead of hideous bolt-ons  favored today) it's just that she's one of the worst hypocrites ever. There she is, ass to the camera like a howler monkey in heat,  faux-humping away -- TIME STAMP! -- years later, she's harassing another woman for having an active, private sex life.  Without any explanation, Porn Bethenny has turned into Sister Mary Ignatius Slut Shamer herself -- as if Frankel spent those years in the Peace Corp building potable water systems, instead of fake-fucking on screen -- yeah, you're The One True Morally Superior Housewife,  Bethenny, you keep telling yourself that.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 20