Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

But saying they are being "defensive" is just an opinion of their behavior. That looks different to different people. Defensive to me is when they start yelling about editing, being treated poorly, making excuses for what they did/said, or just outright lying about what happened. Beth is saying that she goes crazy at the reunion. She is not trying to make herself look better, just giving us a glimpse of what happens. She is completely owning her behavior.  

And I don't think that all HW's say the current season is their favorite. I could make a big fat list of all the HW's who are not having a good season who talk about how hard it all is, how they want it to be over, how they just don't think they can take one more minute and may not come back because it is all so horrible. HW's that don't try to keep us interested on Twitter by encouraging us to keep watching. HW's that seem to not want us to watch because they don't want to see what is yet to be revealed. HW's that claim that are not even watching the current season because they cannot take it. Beth is encouraging as hell on Twitter. She actually seems to like the way it is all playing out and doesn't seem to care that a very high percentage of the public hates her. 

I still get the impression that we are all being punked, and they are all in on it. 

I would say with the exception of the editing excuse Bethenny is very defensive about her behavior.  She screams, she claims others are lying about her, she name calls, accuses others of pill-popping, mental illness, and yes she lies.  Sonja hired Gloria Allred because I was blocking her screen time.  To me, owning one's behavior, is not saying-she made me go there.  That is as defensive as it gets.  Tearing down others significant others, defensive behavior.  The lies she tells about Ramona are astounding. I guess it would be called bias. Sneaking out of the Berkshires-is not owning your behavior.  Throwing a drink on people and hitting an unintended bystander and then calling it a slow news day is not owning your behavior.  Saying I give zero fucks is not owning your behavior it is more  of a sociopath's response to others' feelings and family.  Saying I can't elaborate because it would hurt others family is not noble it is defensive and cowardly.  The only families she cares about are people in her life she deems important - not anyone else's.  If you are a foe she goes for it.  She cannot possibly believe accusing Luann of being with "dozens of men" doesn't hurt Luann's children, mother, and now fiancé.  That is not owning it that is being malicious and it was written after the season wrapped.

She shills the show but mostly herself, "how gangsta wason a scale of 1-10?",and she also is the only one who won't to promotional appearances with other RH, and admits to it because she is way up there.  For a season that was applauded for keeping its secrecy, Bethenny has been the one via her radio show or on Andy's that has been the secret releaser, even on WWHL earlier this year they had to beep out certain comments because they were giving away part of the season.  I don't see this franchise as much as say OC or BH not watching the show or glad it is over, I think that is more Kim Richards, LVP and Vicki Gunvalson.  What Bethenny is a master at is spin control.  When she looks bad she points to the ratings through the roof, she never says we-it is always me. Luann's feelings can't be hurt because she is resilient, Sonja is a fraud but after two months I have calmed down because everyone loves Sonja at some level.

Bethenny speaks of damage to her brand.  She gets these momentary highs and now she is going to expand her role on radio.  I say keep her there and hold her to her promise it was NOT going to be about RH stuff.  Because as far as I can tell except for having Eric Stonestreet on, it is all about the RH. 

If they are trying to punk, Luann certainly sold her soul for a TV show.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I would say with the exception of the editing excuse Bethenny is very defensive about her behavior.  She screams, she claims others are lying about her, she name calls, accuses others of pill-popping, mental illness, and yes she lies.  Sonja hired Gloria Allred because I was blocking her screen time.  To me, owning one's behavior, is not saying-she made me go there.  That is as defensive as it gets.  Tearing down others significant others, defensive behavior.  The lies she tells about Ramona are astounding. I guess it would be called bias. Sneaking out of the Berkshires-is not owning your behavior.  Throwing a drink on people and hitting an unintended bystander and then calling it a slow news day is not owning your behavior.  Saying I give zero fucks is not owning your behavior it is more  of a sociopath's response to others' feelings and family.  Saying I can't elaborate because it would hurt others family is not noble it is defensive and cowardly.  The only families she cares about are people in her life she deems important - not anyone else's.  If you are a foe she goes for it.  She cannot possibly believe accusing Luann of being with "dozens of men" doesn't hurt Luann's children, mother, and now fiancé.  That is not owning it that is being malicious and it was written after the season wrapped.

She shills the show but mostly herself, "how gangsta wason a scale of 1-10?",and she also is the only one who won't to promotional appearances with other RH, and admits to it because she is way up there.  For a season that was applauded for keeping its secrecy, Bethenny has been the one via her radio show or on Andy's that has been the secret releaser, even on WWHL earlier this year they had to beep out certain comments because they were giving away part of the season.  I don't see this franchise as much as say OC or BH not watching the show or glad it is over, I think that is more Kim Richards, LVP and Vicki Gunvalson.  What Bethenny is a master at is spin control.  When she looks bad she points to the ratings through the roof, she never says we-it is always me. Luann's feelings can't be hurt because she is resilient, Sonja is a fraud but after two months I have calmed down because everyone loves Sonja at some level.

Bethenny speaks of damage to her brand.  She gets these momentary highs and now she is going to expand her role on radio.  I say keep her there and hold her to her promise it was NOT going to be about RH stuff.  Because as far as I can tell except for having Eric Stonestreet on, it is all about the RH. 

If they are trying to punk, Luann certainly sold her soul for a TV show.

Haven't we heard Bethenny say "we didn't see/hear everything" or "there was more to it" before when she tried to mitigate/explain her own behavior? I know we have from most, if not all, of the HWs say this and IMO, that is blaming "editing" without using the word editing. LOL

• Love 6
On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 0:08 PM, jinjer said:

I think if a HW wants to keep their private life private, then they have no business commenting on another HWs private life or anything that happens off camera. 

Plus if like Bethenny they claim to be a truth cannon, then you can't lie about your private life just bc the other women for some reason, like maybe being decent human beings even though they themselves are pretty low, don't treat you like you treat them.  Bethenny's claims of being all alone/homeless etc went unchallenged last season.  I don't know if the other women were just decent or cowed or legally prevented from saying something. But Bethenny lied, and she never was called out on it.  This year she was on WWHL talking about her dry-spell vagina when the whole time she was dating her current man. 

Here is a perfect example of Bethenny crashing in on someone else's marriage:  http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/jules-wainstein-divorce-husband-mistress-details

Bethenny said she knew before the season began they were getting a divorce.  To reinforce her claim she offers up the conversation on speaker phone between Jules and Michael in the yacht that she was right.  I did not hear a reference to a divorce.  What I heard, and I think it is probably not all that uncommon, is a couple disagreeing over child care arrangements.  It was okay when Jules need child care assistance (she is after all working) for grandparents to step in, but she wanted and did not get Michael's commitment to staying home with the kids when she was out of town working.  The fact Jules and Michael are divorcing is not proof of the fact Bethenny knew before the season began.  The same could have been said about Kristen and Josh and their epic battles and ultimately Josh's Ashley Madison scandal and yet, they are still together.

I like both Dorinda and Jules took a stand and at some point Bethenny needs to face the fact, even a stopped clock is right twice a day.   So if Bethenny knew about Michael's affair from a "mutual friend" why didn't she say something to Jules?  She had no problem saying something to Luann.  Are we suppose to believe Bethenny showed restraint or is it more of a case of having to be in the mix and right about everything?  In any event it is probably hurtful to Jules to think that someone knew, kept it from her and then when it was advantageous to Bethenny she claims superior knowledge.

• Love 6
47 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Here is a perfect example of Bethenny crashing in on someone else's marriage:  http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/jules-wainstein-divorce-husband-mistress-details

Bethenny said she knew before the season began they were getting a divorce.  To reinforce her claim she offers up the conversation on speaker phone between Jules and Michael in the yacht that she was right.  I did not hear a reference to a divorce.  What I heard, and I think it is probably not all that uncommon, is a couple disagreeing over child care arrangements.  It was okay when Jules need child care assistance (she is after all working) for grandparents to step in, but she wanted and did not get Michael's commitment to staying home with the kids when she was out of town working.  The fact Jules and Michael are divorcing is not proof of the fact Bethenny knew before the season began.  The same could have been said about Kristen and Josh and their epic battles and ultimately Josh's Ashley Madison scandal and yet, they are still together.

I like both Dorinda and Jules took a stand and at some point Bethenny needs to face the fact, even a stopped clock is right twice a day.   So if Bethenny knew about Michael's affair from a "mutual friend" why didn't she say something to Jules?  She had no problem saying something to Luann.  Are we suppose to believe Bethenny showed restraint or is it more of a case of having to be in the mix and right about everything?  In any event it is probably hurtful to Jules to think that someone knew, kept it from her and then when it was advantageous to Bethenny she claims superior knowledge.

My guess is that Bethenny knew that Michael was cheating on Jules this whole time and why she says she knew they were divorcing before filming began, that she claims she "likes" Michael speaks volumes about her and none of it is nice IMO. She probably knew Michael was with his mistress when Jules called him on the yacht. Bethenny has spies/snitches reporting to her on all of the NY HWs and knows all their dirt as soon as it happens. After all she needs to keep her ammo supply full and ready for the attack at all times. I would not wish her on my worst enemy!

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 2
43 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

My guess is that Bethenny knew that Michael was cheating on Jules this whole time and why she says she knew they were divorcing before filming began, that she claims she "likes" Michael speaks volumes about her and none of it is nice IMO. She probably knew Michael was with his mistress when Jules called him on the yacht. Bethenny has spies/snitches reporting to her on all of the NY HWs and knows all their dirt as soon as it happens. After all she needs to keep her ammo supply full and ready for the attack at all times. I would not wish her on my worst enemy!

Well, I usually start with the notion that Bethenny is a vile, soulless, horrible, nasty, vicious, evil asshole, and then I think . . . what would such a thoroughly disgusting type of person like this do?  It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Bethenny knew everything about Michael's mistress & wanted to use it to the max for the benefit of the show.  She certainly did this with Jules' ED.  And of course Satan Andy is in this up to his eyeballs.  Cuz this type of nasty manipulative shit is totally his style -- as it is evil Bethenny's.  And that of course is why she & Satan Andy are such chums & palsy walsies.  Ew. 

As far as Bethenny throwing the drink at the Hamptons thing?  Sure sounds like something she'd do.  Strangely enough, I don't think Moaner would do that at all.  Her drink throwing incident was very specific & a quick reaction to something done to her.  But this?  People dared to block Queen Bethenny's view.  Yeah, she's arrogant enough now to react this way.  And I wouldn't be surprised if she was loaded too.  And Kells coming to her defense?  Wow, how pathetic.  Kelly, this woman slaughtered you & you wanna come to her defense?  WTF, hun -- are you just going to get behind Carole & Moaner & Dorinda to butt-munch Bethenny.?  Blech, how gross & sad for you, Kells.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 7

For all of Bethenny's boorish behavior at that concert, I have to say that her plastic surgery settled nicely and she actually looks good in those photos.  She needs to shut up though.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

The most disturbing part of this is the venom of Beth's responses to Jules and Dorinda.  And the threat:  There is so much more that I know. These two know who and what I'm talking about so let them keep going. There will be a stop. Trust.  Wow.  She's that angry because Jules says they don't have any mutual friends and Dorinda didn't seem to buy it, either. "Bethenny seems to have a mutual friend for all of us everywhere in the world," she said on WWHL, which sounded like a dig relating to the intel the Skinnygirl mogul said she has on Luann de Lesseps' fiancé on Wednesday night's episode of RHONY. "I think she can see dead people as well." 

There's something seriously wrong with her.  This is about whether or not Beth knew that Jules was getting a divorce.  Jules.... And because Jules disagrees, in Beth's mind it becomes a personal attack on her.  Yet, Beth is the one who brought up her revelation about Jules' marriage which is none of Beth's business to begin with. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, WireWrap said:

My guess is Bethenny knew Michael and the other woman Elyse knew they were having an affair before they did.  Because she KNOWS IT ALL.  The way Bethenny presented it was as if Jules signed up for the show knowing she was divorcing and has a mutual friend who can say the same.  Why doesn't Ms. KNOW IT ALL confirm whether this Elyse woman was treating Jules and/or Michael?  It has been alleged that is how Elyse and Michael met.  Now that would be interesting-or she trying to protect someone else's family? 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, breezy424 said:

The most disturbing part of this is the venom of Beth's responses to Jules and Dorinda.  And the threat:  There is so much more that I know. These two know who and what I'm talking about so let them keep going. There will be a stop. Trust.  Wow.  She's that angry because Jules says they don't have any mutual friends and Dorinda didn't seem to buy it, either. "Bethenny seems to have a mutual friend for all of us everywhere in the world," she said on WWHL, which sounded like a dig relating to the intel the Skinnygirl mogul said she has on Luann de Lesseps' fiancé on Wednesday night's episode of RHONY. "I think she can see dead people as well." 

There's something seriously wrong with her.  This is about whether or not Beth knew that Jules was getting a divorce.  Jules.... And because Jules disagrees, in Beth's mind it becomes a personal attack on her.  Yet, Beth is the one who brought up her revelation about Jules' marriage which is none of Beth's business to begin with. 

It's so out of bounds for Beth to threaten like this.  She's a terrible person.  This is personal stuff like marital dissolution, EDs, illegal drug use.  This is NOT like anyone on RHOOC threatening to clarify how they believe Vicki started cancer-scamming, and I don't think anyone issued a threat like this.  It's not like Dorinda is pretending her relationship is perfect, or as if Jules is publicly saying she's not divorcing.  There isn't any hypocrisy and Beth has been so hypocritical, particularly in lying on the show about not dating last season when she was.  This is madness.

Beth is a truly perfect bully.  Anger, insecurity - none of it can be filled by millions of dollars and a healthy gorgeous daughter and fame and a fuckton of clothes and a Traum safe.  It can't be satisfied.  She is financially set for life, her divorce is done, she 'won' her cheater boyfriend.  Who is she to threaten a not-yet-divorced mom of 2 without that level of money or media control/manipulation?  Who is she to constantly allude to illegal drug use by some with the rumors around her and acknowledged use by her main show ally?  Jules did NOTHING to her and neither did Dorinda, save loving/dating someone who doesn't like her.  Beth is a completely disgusting person.  And on her Insta and in other places (NOT HERE please don't try it), she attracts people who write stuff that DOES show they are without any kind of compass or intellect - people who want the powerful mean person to acknowledge them, hire them for free, respond to an ass-licking comment that drink-throwing is fine when it's just water, #zerofucks.  It's so bizarre.

Edited by Midnight Cheese
  • Love 24

I'm going to be blunt. Standing or dancing at a concert is normal. For people who are so desperate to act hip, cool, youthful, and laid back she and her GF Carole sure are stodgy tightasses. Second, throwing anything at a person, esp a drink, in many realms will result in a chunk of her hair being taking out or a fat lip.  She really is becoming a messy trashy idiot

• Love 16

That everybody at that event seemed to be middle-aged or older probably saved her from payback after throwing that drink, but in other places, behavior like that will have some consequences, occasionally very serious consequences. I suppose her answer to the teacher when her kid starts throwing things at other kids will be #zerofucks. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

She really is becoming a messy trashy idiot

She has been like this for a long time. A smart woman would have handled her divorce like Lu did...quietly and with dignity. Not fighting it out for years, only to basically lose, and have to shell out major bucks to lawyers. And of course, keeping her kid in the middle of it. She has, if nothing else, a brand to protect.

She is doing her best to devalue it. If you enjoy white trash behavior...it goes even better with Skinnygirl.

• Love 15

Bethenny has no one to protect and defend her, no family, parents, relationships she goes Kung fu on anyone who threatens her she is on constant defense .  She doesn't trust anyone, hell this latest man is completely unavailable he's not even filed for divorce ! She is damaged but the sad thing is she can FIX it and she doesn't.  Imagine how much therapy a Traum safe would pay for. 

But who needs therapy when you can give ZF, blame fibroids, and (treated) strep throat, and let your dysfunction make you money on reality teevee. Brynn will pay the price, it's sad. You'd think Bethenny would want to break the cycle instead of repeating it. 

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Love 6

I like her!  She's one of the reasons I watch the show.  She's smart-mouthed and funny.  I'm even (slightly) warming to her pal Princess Carole who seems to be the voice of reason this season.  I would never want to be Bethenny's pal.  But I wouldn't want to be anywhere near any of these women.  For me they are there to be snarked on...  And God bless all of them for putting themselves out there.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, breezy424 said:

She is probably pissed because Jules is lying about the "mutual friends" thing, or Beth thinks she is (I have no idea if she is or not). By saying there are not mutual friends, Jules makes the claim by Beth seem impossible. It's interesting, because Jules said in the first episode she had met Beth before at her party, which she and Micheal were invited to by a friend. That would seem to indicate that somewhere down the line, they have a mutual friend. This is what she said in her blog at the time:

" It's true I also met Bethenny at her Cinco de Mayo party, which by the way, I'd like to give a shout out to all my "Upper East Side Jewishy" girlfriends! I don't know what that looks like, but it probably looks like a Chanel bag, so let's take that as a compliment ladies, LOL. I was excited to meet the infamous Bethenny. We have similar friends, kids the same age, and I thought out of this group of girls we had the most in common."

How does she know that they have "similar friends" if they have no mutual friends? It sounds like Jules may be stretching the truth here to make Beth look like a liar, which we know pisses our Beth off. 

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, quaintirene said:

I like her!  She's one of the reasons I watch the show.  She's smart-mouthed and funny.  I'm even (slightly) warming to her pal Princess Carole who seems to be the voice of reason this season.  I would never want to be Bethenny's pal.  But I wouldn't want to be anywhere near any of these women.  For me they are there to be snarked on...  And God bless all of them for putting themselves out there.

Sometimes I really like her comebacks, but I have found her behavior this season appalling.  She just to me is beyond with her treatment of Luann, Jules and Sonja.  And I have found her behavior with her employees to be just inauthentic - like she is "on" for the cameras.  Part of my problem is that I just don't like #zerofucks at all.  I think it's a terrible life motto for Bethenny. First of all she gives all the fucks all the time. Secondly, #zerofucks is just selfish, self-obsessed and not good for community. What does it say about you as a human that this is your code? 

She has become tone-deaf.  Where is her self-awareness?  What would Ginny Hilfiger think of her outing other's drug use in the name of truth-cannon? I think Bethenny has lost touch with reality/real life.  She's in a bubble or something.  The old Bethenny I loved knew that you didn't do that shit for revenge. 

This post I love:

It's so out of bounds for Beth to threaten like this.  She's a terrible person.  This is personal stuff like marital dissolution, EDs, illegal drug use.  This is NOT like anyone on RHOOC threatening to clarify how they believe Vicki started cancer-scamming, and I don't think anyone issued a threat like this.  It's not like Dorinda is pretending her relationship is perfect, or as if Jules is publicly saying she's not divorcing.  There isn't any hypocrisy and Beth has been so hypocritical, particularly in lying on the show about not dating last season when she was.  This is madness.

Beth is a truly perfect bully.  Anger, insecurity - none of it can be filled by millions of dollars and a healthy gorgeous daughter and fame and a fuckton of clothes and a Traum safe.  It can't be satisfied.  She is financially set for life, her divorce is done, she 'won' her cheater boyfriend.  Who is she to threaten a not-yet-divorced mom of 2 without that level of money or media control/manipulation?  Who is she to constantly allude to illegal drug use by some with the rumors around her and acknowledged use by her main show ally?  Jules did NOTHING to her and neither did Dorinda, save loving/dating someone who doesn't like her.  Beth is a completely disgusting person.  And on her Insta and in other places (NOT HERE please don't try it), she attracts people who write stuff that DOES show they are without any kind of compass or intellect - people who want the powerful mean person to acknowledge them, hire them for free, respond to an ass-licking comment that drink-throwing is fine when it's just water, #zerofucks.  It's so bizarre.

Edited by jinjer
  • Love 9
6 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

" It's true I also met Bethenny at her Cinco de Mayo party, which by the way, I'd like to give a shout out to all my "Upper East Side Jewishy" girlfriends! I don't know what that looks like, but it probably looks like a Chanel bag, so let's take that as a compliment ladies, LOL. I was excited to meet the infamous Bethenny. We have similar friends, kids the same age, and I thought out of this group of girls we had the most in common."

Poor, simple, naïve Jules. 

Especially after the 'Bitchenny' comment: 

you_in_danger_girl.jpg

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, jinjer said:

#zerofucks is just selfish, self-obsessed and not good for community. What does it say about you as a human that this is your code? 

This all day.  In addition, she's so vulgar.  I'm not a prude but that mouth of hers, in addition to being loud with a voice like nails on a chalkboard...she's just crass.  Off color humor, when used sparingly and done well is funny to me.  But she uses it to shock (to prove how gangster she is??) and she does it too often. 

She's like a child, saying something over and over again - that they know they shouldn't - just to get a reaction.  I used to teach Kindergarten. I know, man.

• Love 12
22 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

She is probably pissed because Jules is lying about the "mutual friends" thing, or Beth thinks she is (I have no idea if she is or not). By saying there are not mutual friends, Jules makes the claim by Beth seem impossible. It's interesting, because Jules said in the first episode she had met Beth before at her party, which she and Micheal were invited to by a friend. That would seem to indicate that somewhere down the line, they have a mutual friend. This is what she said in her blog at the time:

How does she know that they have "similar friends" if they have no mutual friends? It sounds like Jules may be stretching the truth here to make Beth look like a liar, which we know pisses our Beth off. 

I believe what Jules point was is she was not discussing Michael's infidelity with anyone (the reason for the divorce) because she didn't know.  There are any number of viewers prior to the filing of the divorce that thought Jules marriage was shaky.  There is a difference between opinion and fact.  To me Bethenny's comments sounded as if Jules came on the show knowing a divorce was imminent and what Jules is clarifying is it was not.  To me similar means friends in banking, friends with homes in the Hamptons, friends in sports, friends in entertainment, friends who support a particular candidate.  Jules could have also meant that the person Bethenny claims is a mutual friend is not a friend to her.

What I took away from the season with Jules, is nagging and complaining about one's spouse is not a desirable trait on camera.  She has mastered the undesirable quality of eating on camera by not eating.  Same can be said for Dorinda, fighting with John on camera and then jumping on others for treating John poorly is confusing at best.

• Love 4

MerryMary said:

I just started watching this franchise seriously this season.  Was Bethenny more likable in the beginning? Was she calmer or did she always have that rapid fire speech pattern?  Thanks for your answer in advance.

Imo, no.  I never found her likable.  See my post above for further details.  :-)

The only time I found her remotely likable was in an early episode when she was crying outside Moaner's apartment the day Jill cut ties with her.  I probably liked her because it was the first time I'd seen her act really vulnerable. 

And her mouth was closed.  And she was wearing a really fabulous red coat.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, quaintirene said:

I know what you mean about not wanting to be near any of 'em.  They're all pretty awful in their own ways.  I've always thought Moaner is the one I'd most never want to be near.  She's the only one of the cast I've never seen in person.  But nah, for me it would be Bethenny.  Her relentless viciousness & nastiness?  God, she'd be an absolute nightmare to be anywhere near.  Makes me shake & shudder to even think about.

As far as her being funny?  It's one of my biggest complaints about her this season.  Her sense of humor seems to have pretty much vanished.  It's quite noticeable.  Sheesh, if she had some sense of humor, at least it would balance out the onslaught of viciousness, cruelty & nastiness we've seen from her this season -- if maybe just a tiny bit.  Instead, we have to depend on Sonja, Moaner & Lu for comic relief from Bethenny's never-ending anger & bitterness.

She is trying to entertain us.  I'll give her that.  I can't stomach her humorless rage-filled hatefest this season, which has left the rest of the cast either kissing her feet or cowering & terrified in total fear of her.  And the fact that she can judge everyone on their every behavior -- and NOBODY is dared to allow to make the slightest observation about her?  It leaves me cold.  But while I can't stand the show now & I'm ready to quit watching, ratings seem to be up, so maybe I'm in the minority.  Maybe some wanna watch Bethenny's hatefest.  Me?  Uh, nah.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, quaintirene said:

I loved that coat!!!

Me, too.  I tried to find a picture for new-to-the-series MerryMary but can't.  I found this red coat, which is nice:

a98e9438e041318b2f068fd5f0da1d48.jpg

And this red coat, which I also like on her:Bethenny-Frankel--Leaves-The-Elvis-Duran

But not one of THE red coat.  I'll give her this:  she's upped her game 150% in the wardrobe department since becoming a millionaire.  Some people don't.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I think it comes down to what "friend" means to these women. We all know that Bethenny is not "friends" with Luann, and visa versa, but they use that word about each other. I think Jules and Bethenny know some of the same people  and call them friends but they aren't "close friend", the type you would share cheating/divorce details with. OR, it could be that the Mistress is the person they have in common and although Jules once called her "friend" she no longer does. Add in that Michael and his Mistress may have know that there would be a divorce but Jules was still in the dark about his affair, let alone that he wanted a divorce. I suspect it is the latter scenario.

51 minutes ago, ryebread said:

This all day.  In addition, she's so vulgar.  I'm not a prude but that mouth of hers, in addition to being loud with a voice like nails on a chalkboard...she's just crass.  Off color humor, when used sparingly and done well is funny to me.  But she uses it to shock (to prove how gangster she is??) and she does it too often. 

She's like a child, saying something over and over again - that they know they shouldn't - just to get a reaction.  I used to teach Kindergarten. I know, man.

Bethenny has rapidly become the wealthy NYHW version of vulgarity for shock value Brandi.

• Love 7

Jules blog simply said that she went to the Cinco de Mayo party and that they had similar friends not the same friends. I am almost certain Jules was invited to that party so that Bethenny could give her two cents on if she should be cast which both B and Dorinda take credit for.

• Love 4

Scooby Doobs said:

know what you mean about not wanting to be near any of 'em.  They're all pretty awful in their own ways.  I've always thought Moaner is the one I'd most never want to be near.  She's the only one of the cast I've never seen in person.  But nah, for me it would be Bethenny.  Her relentless viciousness & nastiness?  God, she'd be an absolute nightmare to be anywhere near.  Makes me shake & shudder to even think about.

Bethenny can be a real bitch.  I'm not giving her much of a pass.  But I do remember back in the day when all the other 'Hos were married and she was very single and they patronized the shit out of her.  Maybe it's because I have a single daughter and her married friends patronize her and even my friends are always saying in hushed voices 'has she found someone yet? (Or is she still up there on the shelf like an old can of tuna?)...' that I feel protective to Bethenny.  Not that she needs my protection!  Come to think of it neither does my daughter!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

I believe what Jules point was is she was not discussing Michael's infidelity with anyone (the reason for the divorce) because she didn't know.  There are any number of viewers prior to the filing of the divorce that thought Jules marriage was shaky.  There is a difference between opinion and fact.  To me Bethenny's comments sounded as if Jules came on the show knowing a divorce was imminent and what Jules is clarifying is it was not.  To me similar means friends in banking, friends with homes in the Hamptons, friends in sports, friends in entertainment, friends who support a particular candidate.  Jules could have also meant that the person Bethenny claims is a mutual friend is not a friend to her.

What I took away from the season with Jules, is nagging and complaining about one's spouse is not a desirable trait on camera.  She has mastered the undesirable quality of eating on camera by not eating.  Same can be said for Dorinda, fighting with John on camera and then jumping on others for treating John poorly is confusing at best.

Beth may think  that Jules is lying but maybe Jules isn't.  I took Jules comment as being either that the 'friend' that Beth is talking about really isn't a friend or that person may have once been Jules' friend but Jules no longer considers her to be one.  Does Jules 'have' to explain that?  Not really.  Once again, it's Beth who brought this subject up.  Beth chose to butt into Jules' personal life.  Jules doesn't have to 'answer' to Bethenny Frankel.  But apparently Beth thinks she does.  I also think that Beth's threat tweet was directed more at Dorinda.  I could be wrong.  Beth wants to take all of them down except Carole but she has more of a bone to pick with John than Jules.

I agree when Jules mentioned similar friends she meant friends with the same interests, young children, etc.

• Love 3

The wallet you sit on MIGHT allow you to sit a little taller than the rest of us, but it sure as shit don't mean you are any better?

It goes back to the King Midas story - but instead of turning things to gold, she spoils everything she touches.

Beffy should keep on with the threats to her co-stars.

Why?

Because she is fucked either way.

How?

Look at it THIS way.....If she exaggerates a story about some kind of drug use and doesn't reveal it, she comes off as a liar or someone who can't be trusted in a person to person situation.

If she does go on with the exaggeration it can go two ways?

Either she exposes herself as a liar or comes off as - repeat after me - as someone who can't be trusted in a person to person situation. Namely someone who overstates the facts and really cannot get them right.

Either you have to shit or get off the pot.....soon people are going to figure out that her grunting and straining is nothing more than hyperbole.

If you do take a shit, you have to worry about the smell?

When I did something stupid my dad would ask me if "I shit myself". I think I see the new SK offering?

LOL, Skinny Girl Incontinence Panties, For the woman who gives zero fucks, but just can't help sitting in her own feces

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, quaintirene said:

Scooby Doobs said:

Bethenny can be a real bitch.  I'm not giving her much of a pass.  But I do remember back in the day when all the other 'Hos were married and she was very single and they patronized the shit out of her.  Maybe it's because I have a single daughter and her married friends patronize her and even my friends are always saying in hushed voices 'has she found someone yet? (Or is she still up there on the shelf like an old can of tuna?)...' that I feel protective to Bethenny.  Not that she needs my protection!  Come to think of it neither does my daughter!

Except Bethenny was putting it out there she wanted to be married and have children.  Do I think the Luann conversation with her was constructive for Bethenny?  No, but I guess what worked for Bethenny was having a man walk up and ask if she had a stick up her ass.  She found him all on her own in a drunken state at 3 am.  Got pregnant, married him and divorced him two years later citing he was disrespectful towards her.  Maybe she should have listened to the advice she solicited, instead of making it a gag reel.

• Love 14
14 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Except Bethenny was putting it out there she wanted to be married and have children.  Do I think the Luann conversation with her was constructive for Bethenny?  No, but I guess what worked for Bethenny was having a man walk up and ask if she had a stick up her ass.  She found him all on her own in a drunken state at 3 am.  Got pregnant, married him and divorced him two years later citing he was disrespectful towards her.  Maybe she should have listened to the advice she solicited, instead of making it a gag reel.

GAG REEL!

Classic definition, it there ever was one?

It would be one long beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep with an 'and, or, too' the only words you'd understand.

• Love 4

Man, these guys are bottom-feeders. I used to work on Wall Street, and these vultures are disdained by even the worst.  The big companies that started this stuff are J.G. Wentworth and Peach Tree funding. Many of those awarded settlements are victims of auto injuries that are horrific...and many were reasonably poor to begin with. Lawyers for the insurance companies love these "structured settlements" as they are called, because the insurance companies are liable for relatively small payments yearly, while the payments go on for 30 years. Say you are awarded 250k...but over thirty years...the insurance companies are counting on holding onto the bulk of that 250k and deriving income/interest from it. They rarely award the total upfront...and most lawyers won't fight for their clients because it's an easy win with the insurance companies if they take the settlement deal...and they announce "hey, I got you a quarter mil" not mentioning that it rarely makes up for the lost job income and ongoing physical or mental therapy that a victim might need. Even worse, these companies go after the victims after their lawyers have gone...calling them directly at home, with a sweet sales pitch. Many victims are not financially savvy and many are not well enough to handle the pressure after finding that their big settlement in monthly dribs does not cover the month...they are easily baited and taken advantage of by these bastards.

Never let anyone you know accept a structured settlement...fire any lawyer who would agree to it, since it is the easy way out (the lawyer will get his full pay from the insurance folks, for playing along, and it will also come out of the total settlement).  

Structured settlements do have a place in personal injury world.  There are lots of stories (I know some from my legal aid experience) where plaintiffs got all their money up-front and blew it in less than 2 years. /1   Especially if the plaintiff has ongoing medical/home care needs, a structured settlement, that provides a set amount of money each year, can be very beneficial - because you can't blow it all in one year.  Is the total likely less than what you would receive as a one-time payment?  Maybe. Is the insurance company paying out less because they purchase an annuity in cash that pays out over time?  Sure, but that's no different than any other annuity (social security, any retirement annuity).

Rarely does a personal injury settlement pay for everything - but it's a settlement before trial.  You could go to trial, but that takes more time, and has more risk.....the defense does win some. Then the plaintiff gets nothing.  The stories of people getting $10MM for a car accident are few and far between.

Now the problem of course is these bottom feeders, who then take on the structured settlement in exchange for a cash payment that is (way) less than the total the plaintiff would receive over time.  And then the plaintiff, who likely agreed to it because they are in financial trouble, so they spend it all in one piece and there's nothing left for the ongoing medical/home care costs.  We see those ads on TV late at night.

The plaintiff's lawyers, by the way, don't get more because of a structured settlement.  They generally get a percentage of the settlement (1/3 is typical, but they are usually structured so that if the settlement/judgment is large, the lawyer gets a smaller share of the highest amounts - so say 1/3 of the first $1m, but 30% for $1m to $1.5m, 25% for over $1.5m.  These specific numbers are made up though).

/1 - Seriously, people who don't have money and come into large sums end up having many, many relatives and close friends who ask for/demand stuff.  Buy Mom (and Dad) a house, buy auntie a car, give best friend money to open up a business, etc. etc. etc.  It goes quickly, and if you don't have experience with money or budgeting, sadly people don't think of the long term.  The worst is folks who go through their children's settlements.  Seriously - when I was working in legal aid my agency used to be appointed guardian ad litem in children's estate matters.  Usually Mom was in court to get money out of the estate for whatever (the kids needs bike - 5th one in a year, or clothing, or to pay the rent, etc).  One woman got a settlement of $250k after her child died at birth, the siblings each received $25k (don't ask me why, but where I practiced $25k seemed to be the standard for siblings to get in a death at birth case).  Mom had been on public aid at the time of the birth, within 18 months she was back on public aid and trying to cash out the children's money.  She had NOTHING to show for the $250k, she couldn't even remember exactly how she spent it.  Another woman had at least bought a house, but she too was trying to get at her children's money to pay the mortgage - although her own mother lived upstairs for free.  Our suggestion that have grandma (who did have social security) pay some rent was rejected out hand!

• Love 3
4 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Beth may think  that Jules is lying but maybe Jules isn't.  I took Jules comment as being either that the 'friend' that Beth is talking about really isn't a friend or that person may have once been Jules' friend but Jules no longer considers her to be one.  Does Jules 'have' to explain that?  Not really.  Once again, it's Beth who brought this subject up.  Beth chose to butt into Jules' personal life.  Jules doesn't have to 'answer' to Bethenny Frankel.  But apparently Beth thinks she does.  I also think that Beth's threat tweet was directed more at Dorinda.  I could be wrong.  Beth wants to take all of them down except Carole but she has more of a bone to pick with John than Jules.

I agree when Jules mentioned similar friends she meant friends with the same interests, young children, etc.

It's hard to know what Jules meant. It's like trying to decider what Donald Trump meant, and listening to people all over the TV tell me he said something else and I am just hearing it all wrong and I should give him a break. Sometimes I just listen to what they say and let the words speak for themselves. If we want to try and turn them all around, we could do the same for Beth. Maybe she didn't mean what she said? Maybe people are taking what she said wrong. I don't think so with her and I don't think so with Jules. I just take her at her word - the good stuff and the bad stuff and don't assume she actually meant something different than what she said.  Jules said there is no way Beth could have known about her marital troubles because "they have no mutual friends". This I assume means that they have no friends in common. No places where their relationships collide and someone in Beth's circle could have heard stuff from someone in Jules circle. Since its been proven time and time again that these folks move in a small world, I find all of that unlikely. 

• Love 2

I believe Bethenny's married boyfriend lends money to plaintiff's expecting a settlement who can't get by.  I am uncertain if he is buying out structured settlements.  That sad thing is those who need structured settlements seem to be the ones most likely to fall for the late night ads.  Bethenny should have been nicer to Erika Jayne as Erika Girardi's husband has stables full of plaintiffs awaiting settlements. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

It's hard to know what Jules meant. It's like trying to decider what Donald Trump meant, and listening to people all over the TV tell me he said something else and I am just hearing it all wrong and I should give him a break. Sometimes I just listen to what they say and let the words speak for themselves. If we want to try and turn them all around, we could do the same for Beth. Maybe she didn't mean what she said? Maybe people are taking what she said wrong. I don't think so with her and I don't think so with Jules. I just take her at her word - the good stuff and the bad stuff and don't assume she actually meant something different than what she said.  Jules said there is no way Beth could have known about her marital troubles because "they have no mutual friends". This I assume means that they have no friends in common. No places where their relationships collide and someone in Beth's circle could have heard stuff from someone in Jules circle. Since its been proven time and time again that these folks move in a small world, I find all of that unlikely. 

Part of the conversation was that Jules did not know of the affair, Dorinda was a close friend and Jules had never mentioned it to her or the divorce.  That needs to be factored in. 

A mutual friend means they have the same person as a friend.  Heard from a mutual friend would mean Jules would have told that person she and Michael were divorcing prior to the start of the season.  If Jules did not know, and therefore would not have told anyone she would be divorcing it really makes no difference.  Bethenny needs to butt out.  Bethenny words were succinct and Jules response was clear. It is okay to say, "I did not know they were divorcing until I read it in the paper."  Instead Bethenny tweeted the speaker conversation proved her correct as to her earlier statement.  For a variety of reasons it did not do any such thing.  First off the conversation on the speaker happened during the last couple of weeks before filming not before the season started (2) there was no divorce mentioned in the conversation.  The entire cast of BH with the exception of Brandi feigned public surprise at the Foster divorce.   I am quite certain there wasn't much gobsmacking about that announcement in spite of the ladies public reactions.

Having heard something from someone in the circle is very different than a mutual friend relaying to Bethenny, Jules and Michael were planning on divorcing prior to the start of the season.  To me, that was the point Jules was refuting. 

If you are using Trump as an example him saying he received a letter from the NFL regarding a conflict with NFL games and the debates.  Then he added, "Hillary hates the NFL."  The NFL denied ever sending a letter and he never produced a letter.  It then became persons inside the NFL told him.  To which the NFL ultimately responded they had no hard feelings as to the debates airing at the same time two of the games during the season.   The fact Trump made up receiving a letter, is a little like Bethenny saying "mutual friends told her before the season."    If there is no mutual friend who Jules told then it is like the letter that doesn't exist.  Do I think someone in the Trump camp noted the conflict?  Do I think the Trump knows someone in the NFL. Yep.  It doesn't mean the NFL sent a letter or that Hillary hates the NFL.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, ryebread said:

Me, too.  I tried to find a picture for new-to-the-series MerryMary but can't.  I found this red coat, which is nice:

a98e9438e041318b2f068fd5f0da1d48.jpg

And this red coat, which I also like on her:Bethenny-Frankel--Leaves-The-Elvis-Duran

But not one of THE red coat.  I'll give her this:  she's upped her game 150% in the wardrobe department since becoming a millionaire.  Some people don't.

I've seen her in person & she's just not someone you'd notice.  Very, very average-looking.  She needs to wear bold colors if she wants to stand out.  The red looks good on her.  She has OK taste.  She's certainly no trendsetter or adventurous when it comes to fashion, but she can look nice.  

Check her bags.  She ALWAYS wears gorg & expensive bags.  I bet she didn't want that bag Lu threw at her cuz she didn't think it was good enough for her snooty bag collection.  Anyhoo,  check the bag in the 2nd pic above.  Gorg!  Who cares about that screamingly loud coat?  That gorg bag is everything. I can't totally hate a gal who wears such incredibly stunning bags -- or wait, maybe I can . . .

Btw, I'm not into shoes, but those boots in the 2nd pic are awesome!  How the heck did she get across the subway grating without breaking that needle heel?  See, these are the type of things ole wise-cracking Bethenny from seasons 1 & 2 would routinely & casually talk about.  Now, that gal was fun.  The hate & rage filled monster who the rest of the cast (and me too) is terrified of, that we're stuck with now?  Sheesh, ask her a question about herself at your own peril.  My guess is she'll chew up & spit out anyone near her for sport -- or maybe for breakfast (instead of food, that is).

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Midnight Cheese said:

Bethenny doesn't seem to respect anyone for too long. 

I would bet Beth doesn't have any mortgages and bought every home outright.  She's chosen condos over coops, too, right? 

Jules' drink may well fail but I think it's very smart that she has a partner, a legit distributor, and that it's not tied to the name 'Jules Wainstein' in a public way. 

Bold mine.

Or co-ops didn't want her and her paparazzi and chose to decline Bethy?

Bitch just wears me out.

I feel bad for her mini-me.

• Love 7
17 hours ago, Knuckles said:

She has been like this for a long time. A smart woman would have handled her divorce like Lu did...quietly and with dignity. Not fighting it out for years, only to basically lose, and have to shell out major bucks to lawyers. And of course, keeping her kid in the middle of it. She has, if nothing else, a brand to protect.

She is doing her best to devalue it. If you enjoy white trash behavior...it goes even better with Skinnygirl.

To piggy back on what you said?

A smart, MATURE woman would have taken care of business right off the bat.

I do think that her continuing erratic behavior will just lead to a meltdown of epic proportions.

She blows up, blames it on something/someone else, she exaggerates/overstates the facts of a situation, threatens people with some 'truth' she possesses and now?

Tosses glasses of water on people?

I can see her going to security and complaining about people standing up, they laugh at her or tell her to FO. I can see her buying the water, for the express purpose of tossing it on someone.

Methenny is a bully, but she is a coward, also.

She's smart enough to pick her victims - she's not about to toss her water on a group outside

the bunch she was with.

Beth probably reported the story herself, the people she doused probably thought she was some fucking loon that managed to sneak into the venue.

Bethenny who?

• Love 7
9 hours ago, ryebread said:

This. She doesn't show any verbal restraint which is expected of an adult. 

It was disgusting to hear Bethenney tell her employees that they could have sex on her sofa as long as they got their work done. Imagine a man saying the same thing. I might have told her to grow up if she had said the same thing to me. 

It is truly remarkable that she has made it in the business world. I see hostile work environment/sexual harassment lawsuits in her future.  Her vulgarity in the workplace is not funny and will cost her. 

• Love 13

I think it's a form of bullying to talk that way and deliberately make employees uncomfortable. It asserts power and dominance. "I don't care if you fuck on the desks and smoke crack all night but get some ideas!" she screeches at her employees.

How insulting and demeaning. Does she assume to be her employee you'd have to be strung out on crack and looking for a fuck pad? And why is she  fine saying that about her employees in tv? And then she constantly barrages her chauffeur and assistant with tmi about her vadge, friends status, feelings. How awkward! 

I had a boss who did that daily. Talk about her health, sex life, purchases blah blah. I felt like screaming " you know damn well the only reason I haven't taped your mouth shut is you sign my checks?! You know damn well the only way you can get anyone to pretend to give a shit about the minutia of your disgusting life is by paying them?!" 

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 15
6 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I really don't think it was hard to decipher.  Her words spoke for themselves.  She and Beth have no mutual friends.  During her WWHL appearance, Jules addressed Bethenny's recent WWHL comments in which she said she knew about Jules' recently-announced divorce from husband, Michael, before this season started filming. "Because we have a 'mutual friend.' "We have no mutual friends," Jules explained, adding "Yeah, she knows everything."  And as I previously stated either they don't have a mutual friend or that supposed friend is no longer considered a friend by Jules.

Just because Beth 'may' have heard something from Jules' circle, it doesn't mean any of them are 'friends'.  People can collide but that doesn't mean any of them are friends.  It can be a case of someone who knows someone who knows someone is a friend of Jules.  That doesn't equate mutual friends.  Bottom line for me is that Beth could very well be exaggerating because that's her MO.

I don't buy that Beth didn't mean what she said (or maybe I'm misunderstanding you).  Beth was pretty specific with her response tweet to both Dorinda and Jules.  It was a threat.  Pure and simple.  She threatened to 'stop' them.   For me, this whole thing is not so much about Jules' words or even Dorinda's.  It's about Beth's reaction.  Or more correctly Beth's overreaction.  It's just another example of Beth being a loose cannon.  Her behavior at the Cold Play concert just adds to it.

As a side note, I didn't watch the entire episode of WWHL (heck, it's the Olympics) but I did see Andy ask Hugh Grant about meeting Bethenny.  His response:  "Apparently".  Loved it.  Boom.  How's that Andy who continues to promote Bethenny Frankel as this big celebrity.  Um.  Obviously Hugh didn't care.

• Love 8
On 8/10/2016 at 2:43 PM, breezy424 said:

14 hours ago, breezy424 said:

I really don't think it was hard to decipher.  Her words spoke for themselves.  She and Beth have no mutual friends.  During her WWHL appearance, Jules addressed Bethenny's recent WWHL comments in which she said she knew about Jules' recently-announced divorce from husband, Michael, before this season started filming. "Because we have a 'mutual friend.' "We have no mutual friends," Jules explained, adding "Yeah, she knows everything."  And as I previously stated either they don't have a mutual friend or that supposed friend is no longer considered a friend by Jules.

Just because Beth 'may' have heard something from Jules' circle, it doesn't mean any of them are 'friends'.  People can collide but that doesn't mean any of them are friends.  It can be a case of someone who knows someone who knows someone is a friend of Jules.  That doesn't equate mutual friends.  Bottom line for me is that Beth could very well be exaggerating because that's her MO.

I don't buy that Beth didn't mean what she said (or maybe I'm misunderstanding you).  Beth was pretty specific with her response tweet to both Dorinda and Jules.  It was a threat.  Pure and simple.  She threatened to 'stop' them.   For me, this whole thing is not so much about Jules' words or even Dorinda's.  It's about Beth's reaction.  Or more correctly Beth's overreaction.  It's just another example of Beth being a loose cannon.  Her behavior at the Cold Play concert just adds to it.

As a side note, I didn't watch the entire episode of WWHL (heck, it's the Olympics) but I did see Andy ask Hugh Grant about meeting Bethenny.  His response:  "Apparently".  Loved it.  Boom.  How's that Andy who continues to promote Bethenny Frankel as this big celebrity.  Um.  Obviously Hugh didn't care.

Remember when in the beginning Bethenny went bananas when Kelly didn't remember meeting Bethenny at (I think) Ginny Hilfiger's party something about an alleged paparazzi boyfriend. Kelly was insisting she didn't "know" Bethenny and Bethenny went apeshit because she had brushed by and perhaps even been introduced to Kelly in social circles. This is probably some reincarnation of that IMHO. 

6 hours ago, Midnight Cheese said:

'bloody_bethenny' on her Instagram is a rather old-school capital-H hater and hypocrisy-pointer-outer.  Scroll down for comments.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BI_GPGhhV5o/?taken-by=bethennyfrankel&hl=en

OMG bloody_bethenny is EVERYTHING! FLOVE THIS!

• Love 5

I have a couple of Carlos Falchi purses, but they don't really seem like Bethenny's style. They are too boho. I can see Carole or Jules rocking a Carlos Falchi purse. I can't even picture LuAnn with one and she was the purse giver.

That 2nd red coat and boots are amazeballs! 

18 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I have a couple of Carlos Falchi purses, but they don't really seem like Bethenny's style. They are too boho. I can see Carole or Jules rocking a Carlos Falchi purse. I can't even picture LuAnn with one and she was the purse giver.

That 2nd red coat and boots are amazeballs! 

I believe Luann said Bethenny commented she liked the purse.  The more important question would the purse have suited Ramona?  Ramona was the one bent out of shape over the gift she received over Bethenny's. 

• Love 1