Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

46 minutes ago, Mrs peel said:

I think the apt hunting is for publicity, since B seems to think all publicity is good publicity.  I am sure she would say she's too emotionally devastated to move back into the pay she once said was her dream (the apt with Jason and her closet).  

Plus, she was photo'd looking for places with one of those Bravo MillionDollarProperty guys. She might show up on that show too? 

She did a rotten job pretending to be devastated. I think her brain had her tits hanging out....

'The Real Housewives of New York City star finally returned to her former Tribeca home several days ago. “I walked in and it just washed over me. I sobbed for hours,” she said. “It was like this release, and you always think things are going to be one way. I thought it was going to be, like, the biggest party ever. I’d be roller-skating through there with my top off, my tits hanging out, so excited — and there’s nothing good about any of it.

From USMagazine. ^^^

Who talks like that? (rhetorical) 

sobbed for hours. right. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, NewDigs said:

Plus, she was photo'd looking for places with one of those Bravo MillionDollarProperty guys. She might show up on that show too? 

She did a rotten job pretending to be devastated. I think her brain had her tits hanging out....

'The Real Housewives of New York City star finally returned to her former Tribeca home several days ago. “I walked in and it just washed over me. I sobbed for hours,” she said. “It was like this release, and you always think things are going to be one way. I thought it was going to be, like, the biggest party ever. I’d be roller-skating through there with my top off, my tits hanging out, so excited — and there’s nothing good about any of it.

From USMagazine. ^^^

Who talks like that? (rhetorical) 

sobbed for hours. right. 

And here I though Moaner held the title for embarrassing her kid in the NY group. That bolded stuff ensures Bryn and Avery will one day be neck and neck in the mortification sweeps. 

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, chick binewski said:

Of course I watched Wendy Williams today and was a little surprised because Wendy was giving Bethenny all kinds of love (Wendy is not hard-hitting journalism but she usually likes to throw 1 or 2 hardballs and I was also under the impression Wendy had a personal issue with B). Essentially, Wendy: dislikes Jason and called him a douche, asked why Bethenny didn't just hand over half her $$$ and get the divorce over with, asked why Bethenny doesn't just quit the show and be a business mogul which brings the real bucks. Bethenny: 'hard time getting out of the worst situation of my life', 'dress for success', 'women need to understand they can't get caught up with the wedding dress stuff'. Me: nine thousand eye-rolls.

I seriously need an RH intervention. I originally got a little too caught up with NJ & NY because I'm from the area, but now that the series is so far along the women who participate are too conscious of what they will or will not show. All that's left is for them to pick on each other or people who do not actually appear on the show. 

There was a rumor last year that Andy and Bethenny were freezing Wendy out and not letting HWs appear on her show bc Wendy said something about either Bethenny or Andy.  They must have made up bc Bethenny is now on the show. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, QuinnM said:

I'm not sure what they bought but it was a Watermelon Lime margarita promotion and that one is pretty good.  I would say my favorite of the cocktails.  And a party bus is exactly the kind of thing a bottled cocktail is good for. 

There are a dozen pap shots of her apartment hunting and 100 snaps of she and that real estate guy apartment hunting.  There appears to be one day that Dennis was with her.  I suggest that Bethenny is apartment hunting and Dennis came with her one day.  But that doesn't make near as good a radar headline.

Even if the drink sucks she will always have the memory of being in the presence of greatness, lol.

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, Mrs peel said:

But here's the thing, if B doesn't care about Lu?  There is no need to say anything about the wedding.  Sure she wasn't serious, but again it's the inability to ever keep her mouth shut!  Plus, she wouldn't get an appearance if she was sponsoring an event, that's not typical.

on the article about Shields' lawsuits, that is pretty meager evidence.  The return of the escrow case must have had something else going on, because the failure to obtain a mortgage in 45 days usually results in the seller giving the buyer more time.  It looks to me like someone wanted out of the deal for other reasons.  The tax assessment - lots of people challenge their real estate taxes, it's not unusual at all.  Heck, I've done it multiple times (though where I live most people do it administratively)?

Thank you that was my point about Bethenny and being asked about Luann's wedding.  Talking appearance fees even jokingly degrades Tom and Luann's wedding.  There is nothing to indicate it is a sponsored event-it is their wedding.  It is almost like wedding shaming.  Luann can't possibly be having a wedding for the purpose of having a wedding it has to be a storyline.  Tom fan or not I do believe Tom has kind of put his foot down, he let Sonja know where she stands with her ridiculous assertions, cancelled out Ramona for Luann's birthday party when she kept up the insults.  In other words just like any other couple-no unwell wishers are invited.  I don't think these ladies should be scratching their heads as to why they aren't invited. 

I thought the lawsuits were underwhelming. Yawn.  What surprised me was the value of the Shields home.   Bethenny has made it sound as if this guy is very, very successful, so that is why I posted the article.  Seems like a big jump to move up from 2 million dollar home to UES townhouses listed at $12 million and new developments with a buy in of at least $15 million.  Of course it doesn't cost anything to look.    

• Love 7
3 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I could be wrong but I think ZMs point was that Bethenny will not stop talking about Luann/Tom/wedding. At this point, it should be "I wish them well but No, I am not going to their wedding" when asked about it, instead, she still has to get these nasty digs in and they are reflecting badly, IMO, on her.

She mentioned that it would be sad that Bethenny was willing to give up a holiday just to collect an appearance fee.  I think she took it seriously.

1 hour ago, Mrs peel said:

But here's the thing, if B doesn't care about Lu?  There is no need to say anything about the wedding.  Sure she wasn't serious, but again it's the inability to ever keep her mouth shut!  

The whole People Magazine story was about her relationship with Luann since the reunion and it's easy to see how the subject of her attending the wedding came up.  It's not like Bethenny issued a press release all on her own attacking Luann just to be shitty.  Sure she could have just made some bland statement wishing Luann well when asked but this is Bethenny Frankel we are talking about.  That ain't happening.  And People Magazine knows it.  If she was the type to well-wish her on-air nemesis, they wouldn't even bother asking her for a comment.   The day she stops saying crap like this is the day they stop calling, and she knows it.  So don't expect her to curb her natural tendency to be crass and snide anytime soon. She has too much incentive to let her inner bitch shine, lol

ETA:  

Talking appearance fees even jokingly degrades Tom and Luann's wedding.  There is nothing to indicate it is a sponsored event-it is their wedding.  It is almost like wedding shaming.  Luann can't possibly be having a wedding for the purpose of having a wedding it has to be a storyline.  

Personally, I have to admit I found her comment funny as hell because I, too, am suspect of Luann's motivation for marrying Mr. Lips.  I consider the entire affair completely worthy of scorn, ridicule, and all the shaming anyone cares to engage in.  You wait, this wedding will end up being either on the show or magazine coverage will be sold to the highest bidder.  I think Bethenny is spot-on with her insinuation that there might as well be a liquor sponsor and appearance fees paid to the guests.  SPOT ON.  That's the kind of humor that made the audience so fond of her initially.  She needs to do it more.  More Greek chorus and less shrieking harpy.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

She mentioned that it would be sad that Bethenny was willing to give up a holiday just to collect an appearance fee.  I think she took it seriously.  I'm not saying it's a a big deal to mistake Bethenny's snark for an actual sincere statement, especially when it comes to a chance to foist off Skinny Hurl on the masses.  I can see how somebody thought she really meant it.  Beth will do almost anything to get her swill publicity.  

The whole People Magazine story was about her relationship with Luann since the reunion and it's easy to see how the subject of her attending the wedding came up.  It's not like Bethenny issued a press release all on her own attacking Luann just to be shitty.  Sure she could have just made some bland statement wishing Luann well when asked but this is Bethenny Frankel we are talking about.  That ain't happening.  And People Magazine knows it.  If she was the type to well-wish her on-air nemesis, they wouldn't even bother asking her for a comment.   The day she stops saying crap like this is the day they stop calling, and she knows it.  So don't expect her to curb her natural tendency to be crass and snide anytime soon. She has too much incentive to let her inner bitch shine, lol

I didn't take it seriously, I thought it was another epic fail of Bethenny's attempt at humor.

Gee, maybe Bethenny should take lessons from Ramona on how to deflect during an interview.

• Love 6
27 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Gee, maybe Bethenny should take lessons from Ramona on how to deflect during an interview.

Ramona doesn't deflect anything, she just completely refuses to answer a question if she doesn't like it.  That shit doesn't play with a real publication like People Magazine.  That's probably the reason why Bethenny is always in major magazines and Ramona isn't.

Why should Bethenny deflect anything anyway?  Why can't she tell the truth about how she really feels and make a joke of it if she thinks the whole thing is stupid?   She explains in the story more than once that she and Luann are not really friends.  Why should she tiptoe around the Lu's feelings and her preposterous wedding if she thinks its a sham?  

I didn't take it seriously, I thought it was another epic fail of Bethenny's attempt at humor.

Your comment saying it was sad that she would skip the New Year's holiday to collect an appearance fee made it sound like you believe she was actually contemplating doing that.  

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Ramona doesn't deflect anything, she just completely refuses to answer a question if she doesn't like it.  That shit doesn't play with a real publication like People Magazine.  That's probably the reason why Bethenny is always in major magazines and Ramona isn't.

Why should Bethenny deflect anything anyway?  Why can't she tell the truth about how she really feels and make a joke of it if she thinks the whole thing is stupid?   She explains in the story more than once that she and Luann are not really friends.  Why should she tiptoe around the Lu's feelings and her preposterous wedding if she thinks its a sham?  

For civility's sake? I know, I know.

If she could just dial it back a notch or two. Loosen up. She was kind of funny on that AC bus. Maybe drink more? 

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Your comment saying it was sad that she would skip the New Year's holiday to collect an appearance fee made it sound like you believe she was actually contemplating doing that.  

You are right Ramona doesn't get interviews because she is a total loser and goes into her fake head partially dropped, voiced slightly lowered persona, to make it seem like she is really going to reveal or pretends the news is so big she just can't.  Her rehearsed answers are awful and reporters no longer have a desire to court her for interviews.  It doesn't keep her from calling in as a "source close to" her favorite Page Six reportersI think Bethenny has a pretty direct line at People especially the digital edition

Bethenny can say whatever she wants about anything and I feel pretty free to comment on the inappropriateness of it.  She has been riding the Luann/Tom train since February, time to get off.  Bethenny not approving of a relationship does not make the relationship stupid.  it makes her a bitch for interfering or commenting on it.  She has given it her best shot to humiliate Tom and Luann at every turn, she has name called both of them and it spite of it, the wedding is on. A sham marriage to me, is one that is done to keep someone from getting deported, or marrying someone of the opposite sex as a beard for homosexuality or maybe something like the Kris Humphrie/Kim Kardashian wedding, where she never even allowed Kris or his stuff into her home.

There are no appearance fees to paid for the wedding.  What I thought was inappropriate on Bethenny's part is to imply that Luann and Tom would do such a thing.  If she wants to joke around about taking a big fee or a reduced fee for having her product featured, I think it entirely logical to say she would sell out a holiday for publicity.  It was a bad joke on Bethenny's part.  Statements like hers are designed to force a reaction from Luann.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Mrs peel said:

But here's the thing, if B doesn't care about Lu?  There is no need to say anything about the wedding.  Sure she wasn't serious, but again it's the inability to ever keep her mouth shut!  Plus, she wouldn't get an appearance if she was sponsoring an event, that's not typical.

on the article about Shields' lawsuits, that is pretty meager evidence.  The return of the escrow case must have had something else going on, because the failure to obtain a mortgage in 45 days usually results in the seller giving the buyer more time.  It looks to me like someone wanted out of the deal for other reasons.  The tax assessment - lots of people challenge their real estate taxes, it's not unusual at all.  Heck, I've done it multiple times (though where I live most people do it administratively)?

We have no idea what Beth was responding to. Maybe she was asked if she would go to Lu's wedding. 

The thing is, both Lu and Beth will try to milk this for a while. The interest in their storyline won't last much longer. The OC show is starting to ramp up and they will get the press, and you have the BH show starting in 6 or so weeks. Their timeline to keep it going is short. Lu recently took photographers with her to shop for her wedding dress, and she was asked about Beth - would she invite her to the wedding. Lu could have said "hell no, there is zero chance I would invite someone who called me a whore and a fuckdoll to my wedding", and that would have put an end to this whole "will she or won't she". Instead she said something like "who knows, maybe if things change between us". She is going to keep this going as well, because without the drama of the way things went down with Beth, there just isn't much that is incredibly interesting about a gal getting married in the world with a 24 hour news cycle. 

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

We have no idea what Beth was responding to. Maybe she was asked if she would go to Lu's wedding. 

The thing is, both Lu and Beth will try to milk this for a while. The interest in their storyline won't last much longer. The OC show is starting to ramp up and they will get the press, and you have the BH show starting in 6 or so weeks. Their timeline to keep it going is short. Lu recently took photographers with her to shop for her wedding dress, and she was asked about Beth - would she invite her to the wedding. Lu could have said "hell no, there is zero chance I would invite someone who called me a whore and a fuckdoll to my wedding", and that would have put an end to this whole "will she or won't she". Instead she said something like "who knows, maybe if things change between us". She is going to keep this going as well, because without the drama of the way things went down with Beth, there just isn't much that is incredibly interesting about a gal getting married in the world with a 24 hour news cycle. 

Wait, WHAT? You mean Luann responding like an adult and not throwing stones/calling Bethenny names or acting nasty is what is keeping this going in the press? Really? Not Bethenny childishly calling Luann names, saying the soon to be wedding is a sham or continued digs thrown by her at Luann/Tom ? LOL I see it more as Bethenny "milking" this and Luann preparing for her wedding but MMV and all. ;)

I hope you are right, that as the OC heats up and the start of BH that these 2, Bethenny/Luann, idiots fade into the background but I wouldn't bet on it, after all Bethenny needs fodder for her radio show. LOL

• Love 6
1 minute ago, WireWrap said:

Wait, WHAT? You mean Luann responding like an adult and not throwing stones/calling Bethenny names or acting nasty is what is keeping this going in the press? Really? Not Bethenny childishly calling Luann names, saying the soon to be wedding is a sham or continued digs thrown by her at Luann/Tom ? LOL I see it more as Bethenny "milking" this and Luann preparing for her wedding but MMV and all. ;)

I hope you are right, that as the OC heats up and the start of BH that these 2, Bethenny/Luann, idiots fade into the background but I wouldn't bet on it, after all Bethenny needs fodder for her radio show. LOL

As I said, they are both keeping it going. If Beth wanted to, she could say she doesn't want to talk about Lu anymore.  If Lu didn't want to keep it going, she could say "you know what, I'm shopping for my wedding dress, and don't really want to talk anymore about someone who thinks I'm a fool for marrying my soul mate. I'd prefer to not discuss her any longer and just focus on my happiness". She doesn't because she wants people to keep talking about it. She wants to dangle the possibility out there that perhaps Beth might make an appearance at her wedding, ramping up potential drama for next season. They are both guilty of the same thing. 

• Love 5
Just now, motorcitymom65 said:

As I said, they are both keeping it going. If Beth wanted to, she could say she doesn't want to talk about Lu anymore.  If Lu didn't want to keep it going, she could say "you know what, I'm shopping for my wedding dress, and don't really want to talk anymore about someone who thinks I'm a fool for marrying my soul mate. I'd prefer to not discuss her any longer and just focus on my happiness". She doesn't because she wants people to keep talking about it. She wants to dangle the possibility out there that perhaps Beth might make an appearance at her wedding, ramping up potential drama for next season. They are both guilty of the same thing. 

See, what you think Luann should say is inflammatory IMO. Her saying "Who knows/ect." is far kinder and more adult that to keep calling someone out/names, well, like Bethenny keeps doing and it ends the discussion/questions about Bethenny and focuses everyone back to the wedding plans/details. LOL

• Love 3
1 hour ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Luann told People she would not invite Bethenny to the wedding.  http://www.people.com/article/luann-de-lesseps-bethenny-frankel-tom-dagostino-wedding-invite  So why anyone keeps asking is beyond me.  This was almost a month ago.  I believe Luann originally was following some bizarre party line about amping things up for the Reunion.  The thing is Bethenny knows there is no invitation so just simply say, "I am not invited-don't you read your own magazine?"

• Love 5
55 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

See, what you think Luann should say is inflammatory IMO. Her saying "Who knows/ect." is far kinder and more adult that to keep calling someone out/names, well, like Bethenny keeps doing and it ends the discussion/questions about Bethenny and focuses everyone back to the wedding plans/details. LOL

LOL. I wasn't referring to who was being kinder or more adult. Sorry if I gave the impression that this was in any way my point. I was referring to the fact that they both want to stay in the limelight for as long as possible. They can have very different ways of doing that, because they have very different personalities and styles. Doesn't mean they don't have the same motivation. 

• Love 3

So why anyone keeps asking is beyond me

Something to talk about  I bet Lu loves it. 

My predictipn is that Bravo tells Luann that they will make her a contract player AND give Tom a friends of status but only if they film the wedding and everyone gets invited. I'm printing this out and putting in a time capsule. I've hired a local dance teacher to choreograph my I told you so dance.  

• Love 9
5 hours ago, chick binewski said:

Of course I watched Wendy Williams today and was a little surprised because Wendy was giving Bethenny all kinds of love (Wendy is not hard-hitting journalism but she usually likes to throw 1 or 2 hardballs and I was also under the impression Wendy had a personal issue with B). Essentially, Wendy: dislikes Jason and called him a douche, asked why Bethenny didn't just hand over half her $$$ and get the divorce over with, asked why Bethenny doesn't just quit the show and be a business mogul which brings the real bucks. Bethenny: 'hard time getting out of the worst situation of my life', 'dress for success', 'women need to understand they can't get caught up with the wedding dress stuff'. Me: nine thousand eye-rolls.

I seriously need an RH intervention. I originally got a little too caught up with NJ & NY because I'm from the area, but now that the series is so far along the women who participate are too conscious of what they will or will not show. All that's left is for them to pick on each other or people who do not actually appear on the show. 

I have a good friend who previously worked on B's show who now works on Wendy's. After B's was cancelled she contacted Wendy for him to score him the new gig. As far as I know, regardless of gossip, Wendy and Bethenny have always had a pretty good relationship. My friend loves both Bethenny and Wendy - they have a lot of similarities, including that they both work their asses off. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I don't care what she was asked, the point is she does not have to respond.  Or, if the question was would you do to the wedding, a simple "no" would have sufficed.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Mrs peel said:

I don't care what she was asked, the point is she does not have to respond.  Or, if the question was would you do to the wedding, a simple "no" would have sufficed.

How do you just not respond when the whole point of the interview is your response to a particular question? Of course she has to respond. Not responding would be a story itself.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, jinjer said:

There was a rumor last year that Andy and Bethenny were freezing Wendy out and not letting HWs appear on her show bc Wendy said something about either Bethenny or Andy.  They must have made up bc Bethenny is now on the show. 

Wendy froze bravo because Bethany hired one of her executive and w got pissed.

did you all get the Wendy read?

You used to have a talk show!!

Wendy must have got a check because she is usually set in her ways.....

the Beth love is so fakety fake.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Mrs peel said:

She could have said that. Lu could have said the same when asked if she would invite her.

The thing is, there is nothing that Beth can say that will make people that don't like her happy. Nothing. If she said "no", many would analyze that she feels the grief from the fans. That now she doesn't want to talk about it because she has been put on notice that it is none of her business. 

• Love 3

Who is Bethenny to criticize Lu's wedding that it might be sold to the highest bidder, sponsors and all. 

Bethenny just had to get married on TV so awkwardly in her 7th month of pregnancy instead of waiting, just to get it on season one of her solo show. Give me a break.

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 17
8 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

How do you just not respond when the whole point of the interview is your response to a particular question? Of course she has to respond. Not responding would be a story itself.

Pretty easy.  Listen, I get that B has never taken the high road in her life, but it actually is an option.  Or how about not participating in the interview at all?

• Love 11

With Bethenny and Dennis captured by paparazzi looking at $15-30 million dollar abodes I was expecting the Shields to be living like this in Long Island: 

Yeah, especially since he's a billionaire.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Bossa Nova said:

Who is Bethenny to criticize Lu's wedding that it might be sold to the highest bidder, sponsors and all. 

Bethenny just had to get married on TV in so awkwardly her 7th month of pregnancy instead of waiting, just to get it on season one of her solo show. Give me a break.

My time capsule prediction is Tom and Luann will have a videographer there and moments of the wedding will be broadcast as part of Season 9.  There won't be some three episode special, with moonshine drinking relatives arguing, (Tamra), fights with adult children over a made for TV remarriage and fund raiser, (Nene Leakes), it will be more like Lauri's beautiful wedding where they got married and it wasn't based around the show, I guess there was some minor drama with Lauri's son and if he would be attending. 

Maybe there will some fittings shown of Luann's dresses and she might take Dorinda along.  I just don't see her risking her happy day with the rest of her clown posse cast mates and their snarky talking heads.   When Dorinda threw Luann a congratulatory engagement dinner, Ramona talked bout chipping in for a group gift.  I don't see where these women are all that invested in the couple's happiness more their own screen time.

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

My time capsule prediction is Tom and Luann will have a videographer there and moments of the wedding will be broadcast as part of Season 9.  There won't be some three episode special, with moonshine drinking relatives arguing, (Tamra), fights with adult children over a made for TV remarriage and fund raiser, (Nene Leakes), it will be more like Lauri's beautiful wedding where they got married and it wasn't based around the show, I guess there was some minor drama with Lauri's son and if he would be attending. 

Maybe there will some fittings shown of Luann's dresses and she might take Dorinda along.  I just don't see her risking her happy day with the rest of her clown posse cast mates and their snarky talking heads.   When Dorinda threw Luann a congratulatory engagement dinner, Ramona talked bout chipping in for a group gift.  I don't see where these women are all that invested in the couple's happiness more their own screen time.

I think it all depends on who comes back next season. If Lu comes back (I don't think she will be asked back because none of it is very interesting, but I'm wrong about casting far more than I'm right), then it is hard for me to envision that she won't be talking a lot about the wedding. They usually start filming early to mid November, so she will only be 6 or so weeks out from the big day. Do we think she just won't talk about it? A lot? Unless she just doesn't interact with the rest of the cast, they will be making comments in their TH interviews about the things she is saying about her plans. If there are a lot of new gals, the comments will probably be nice and flattering. If the same old cast comes back, I can imagine some snark from Beth, Carole, Sonja and Ramona. Might be harmless snark - the kind of thing any of us might say about a friend who is getting married and has entered that phase where they are just annoying to almost anyone who is around them - but it will be snark regardless. 

• Love 4

Bethenny just had to get married on TV in so awkwardly her 7th month of pregnancy instead of waiting, just to get it on season one of her solo show. Give me a break.

Absolutely!  I knew she'd be getting divorced soon after when ... after they took their vows ... she turned to face the "audience" and started walking down the aisle BY HERSELF, not even looking at Jason.  Everyone laughed and then she stopped and waited for him.  It might have been a small thing, but it told me everything I needed to know about Bethenny Frankel, famewhore.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I think it all depends on who comes back next season. If Lu comes back (I don't think she will be asked back because none of it is very interesting, but I'm wrong about casting far more than I'm right), then it is hard for me to envision that she won't be talking a lot about the wedding. They usually start filming early to mid November, so she will only be 6 or so weeks out from the big day. Do we think she just won't talk about it? A lot? Unless she just doesn't interact with the rest of the cast, they will be making comments in their TH interviews about the things she is saying about her plans. If there are a lot of new gals, the comments will probably be nice and flattering. If the same old cast comes back, I can imagine some snark from Beth, Carole, Sonja and Ramona. Might be harmless snark - the kind of thing any of us might say about a friend who is getting married and has entered that phase where they are just annoying to almost anyone who is around them - but it will be snark regardless. 

Latest story with Jules and Bethenny regarding Luann and Tom:  http://www.eonline.com/news/796553/bethenny-frankel-and-jules-wainstein-weigh-in-on-luann-de-lesseps-controversial-engagement-and-rhony-drama  I am sure the panel will be in deep doo doo for saying Bethenny is worth $25 million dollars or more.  They did pose the better question why does she do the show?

You and me are on the same train when it comes to be able to predict who is coming back and who isn't.  I am of the notion they have made all the cuts with Jules and Bethenny may decide not to return because of her work schedule.  Which I find totally plausible.  Not because of public backlash but maybe just because Bethenny has no story she wishes to be on reality TV.  In the above referenced article Bethenny said whoever is coming on to replace Jules better have a lot going on to sustain 23 episodes.   She also mentioned her divorce and it being an example to woman.  No it really isn't and I don't care how empowered she feels.  She handled a great deal of it poorly and its terms are sealed.

Awhile back, someone connected with one of the RH shows mentioned that filming around the holidays is tricky because by the time the show airs it is mid-summer and dates the show.  So I am going to take a guess there is no need to show a third year in a row of Bethenny and Ramona birthdays.  They break for Thanksgiving, and of course this past year they didn't film between December 19th and January 5th.  Weddings are always a big deal on Bravo-even if they don't do a special or film them.  I think Luann has an invite for as long as she wants, it has always been about terms with her-not her be axed.  I believe the cliff hanger, and I am most likely wrong, will be if Sonja is invited to the wedding.  Last time Sonja spoke of it she tweeted, "Tom is being a pill."

It might not be so bad to see a bachelorette party with Luann, Dorinda and some of Luann's outside friends.  Or even a rehearsal dinner or time with Tom.  I don't really see Luann having on camera Bridezilla moments. 

What I walked away from this season, since you raised the values question on the Reunion thread-I believe Tom is exerting his might by not capitulating to having Sonja and Ramona at the wedding.  If I were to guess, he had enough of those two at the engagement party.  Their continuing bashing of Tom and the wedding may have just pushed him to the edge. I don't see Tom agreeing to Sonja's terms anytime soon that she was so very special in his life and then he met Luann.  From the sound of it, Tom seemed to have a lot of previous public girlfriends and relationships and I can't really see him listing all those people as special and then he met Luann. He may just value the sanctity of the marriage more than Luann's reality show.    

• Love 9

Here is the clip of Bethenny on Wendy Williams:  http://www.wendyshow.com/2016/09/21/bethenny-bares-all/#.V-RAXuQVAiQ Near the end of the video-it is 12+ minutes long, Bethenny and Wendy are drinking Skinngirl swill, with salted glasses.  Bethenny decides Wendy's has too much salt and reaches over and wipes Wendy's glass, and Wendy tells her, "I don't want to drink that!"  Reminded of the mortal sin of hands in ice.  When Bethenny is asked about coming back (Wendy has said to her she does it for the fame) Bethenny claims it is also a comedy not just drama, how funny when Ramona wears macramé dresses seven days in a row in a trip?  If that was this year's funny it is truly lost on me.  (When did they ever take a seven day trip?)

• Love 10
23 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

You are right Ramona doesn't get interviews because she is a total loser and goes into her fake head partially dropped, voiced slightly lowered persona, to make it seem like she is really going to reveal or pretends the news is so big she just can't.  Her rehearsed answers are awful and reporters no longer have a desire to court her for interviews.  It doesn't keep her from calling in as a "source close to" her favorite Page Six reportersI think Bethenny has a pretty direct line at People especially the digital edition

Bethenny can say whatever she wants about anything and I feel pretty free to comment on the inappropriateness of it.  She has been riding the Luann/Tom train since February, time to get off.  Bethenny not approving of a relationship does not make the relationship stupid.  it makes her a bitch for interfering or commenting on it.  She has given it her best shot to humiliate Tom and Luann at every turn, she has name called both of them and it spite of it, the wedding is on. A sham marriage to me, is one that is done to keep someone from getting deported, or marrying someone of the opposite sex as a beard for homosexuality or maybe something like the Kris Humphrie/Kim Kardashian wedding, where she never even allowed Kris or his stuff into her home.

There are no appearance fees to paid for the wedding.  What I thought was inappropriate on Bethenny's part is to imply that Luann and Tom would do such a thing.  If she wants to joke around about taking a big fee or a reduced fee for having her product featured, I think it entirely logical to say she would sell out a holiday for publicity.  It was a bad joke on Bethenny's part.  Statements like hers are designed to force a reaction from Luann.

If she donated some cases of skiinky girl booze for the wedding, they could use that to flush the toilets during the wedding festivities, and that would save the day, water and guests from having it pass their lips?

3 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Latest story with Jules and Bethenny regarding Luann and Tom:  http://www.eonline.com/news/796553/bethenny-frankel-and-jules-wainstein-weigh-in-on-luann-de-lesseps-controversial-engagement-and-rhony-drama  I am sure the panel will be in deep doo doo for saying Bethenny is worth $25 million dollars or more.  They did pose the better question why does she do the show?

You and me are on the same train when it comes to be able to predict who is coming back and who isn't.  I am of the notion they have made all the cuts with Jules and Bethenny may decide not to return because of her work schedule.  Which I find totally plausible.  Not because of public backlash but maybe just because Bethenny has no story she wishes to be on reality TV.  In the above referenced article Bethenny said whoever is coming on to replace Jules better have a lot going on to sustain 23 episodes.   She also mentioned her divorce and it being an example to woman.  No it really isn't and I don't care how empowered she feels.  She handled a great deal of it poorly and its terms are sealed.

Awhile back, someone connected with one of the RH shows mentioned that filming around the holidays is tricky because by the time the show airs it is mid-summer and dates the show.  So I am going to take a guess there is no need to show a third year in a row of Bethenny and Ramona birthdays.  They break for Thanksgiving, and of course this past year they didn't film between December 19th and January 5th.  Weddings are always a big deal on Bravo-even if they don't do a special or film them.  I think Luann has an invite for as long as she wants, it has always been about terms with her-not her be axed.  I believe the cliff hanger, and I am most likely wrong, will be if Sonja is invited to the wedding.  Last time Sonja spoke of it she tweeted, "Tom is being a pill."

It might not be so bad to see a bachelorette party with Luann, Dorinda and some of Luann's outside friends.  Or even a rehearsal dinner or time with Tom.  I don't really see Luann having on camera Bridezilla moments. 

What I walked away from this season, since you raised the values question on the Reunion thread-I believe Tom is exerting his might by not capitulating to having Sonja and Ramona at the wedding.  If I were to guess, he had enough of those two at the engagement party.  Their continuing bashing of Tom and the wedding may have just pushed him to the edge. I don't see Tom agreeing to Sonja's terms anytime soon that she was so very special in his life and then he met Luann.  From the sound of it, Tom seemed to have a lot of previous public girlfriends and relationships and I can't really see him listing all those people as special and then he met Luann. He may just value the sanctity of the marriage more than Luann's reality show.    

You mean like peeing into a bucket or showing up knocked up like a good girl would?

• Love 8

I saw her on Wendy and because I suffer from terrible TMJ and teeth grinding, I decided to do a little research.  Apparently they use botox all the time to treat TMJ and it can most definitely alter your jawline.  I'm not sure why Bethenny's claim this is what changed the shape of her home-plate face is always dismissed as a fabrication. 

I know she is not the most honest scout in the troop, but I really don't see any reason to doubt her on this.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, LIMOM said:

Wendy froze bravo because Bethany hired one of her executive and w got pissed.

did you all get the Wendy read?

You used to have a talk show!!

Wendy must have got a check because she is usually set in her ways.....

the Beth love is so fakety fake.

Oh my bad, I got the feud backwards.  

38 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I saw her on Wendy and because I suffer from terrible TMJ and teeth grinding, I decided to do a little research.  Apparently they use botox all the time to treat TMJ and it can most definitely alter your jawline.  I'm not sure why Bethenny's claim this is what changed the shape of her home-plate face is always dismissed as a fabrication. 

I know she is not the most honest scout in the troop, but I really don't see any reason to doubt her on this.

Maybe people doubt it because her eyes and nose have changed too, and she hasn't mentioned having "TMG" there.

• Love 7
53 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Yes, Botox is used for TMJ but Bethenny is also claiming that adding false eyelashes and curling the outside corners of the lashes up and in will make your eyes look like you had an eyelift as well.  LOL For the record, I do think she went the Botox route with her jaw because I don't think she could keep her mouth closed/shut up long enough for actual jaw shaving surgery to heal. LOL

• Love 11

The Wendy appearance is odd only because Bethenny is trying to sell her next book, loosely described as think before you marry.  I am of an age that since high school in the '70s it was pretty well drummed in our heads, better have a skill set, an education to carry on in case the fairy tale ends.  So Bethenny is just way late to the party if she thinks her advice is so compelling.   She was in it with Jason she made it big and he became a slacker, in her opinion.  I am stymied why she keeps using Luann as an example of the dress and the ring.  Luann had a career before she got married the first time, developed another career when the first fairytale was winding down, and has enhanced her career and decided to marry.

I am thinking maybe she needs to look at the successful RH marriages. The  Zarins, McCord-Van Kempens, Umanskys, the Manzos, the Vanderpump Todd, Rinna Hamlin, Chris and Jacqueline Laurita, even Kathy and Rich Wakile and the Girardis, the Dubrows.  It isn't always about what Bethenny endured.  She seems like a quitter.  Jason may not have been the great guy but he took a chance with her.     Most of these marriages have endured through the woman becoming more recognizable than their mates and many were or became the primary wage earners.  I am not seeing why Bethenny needs to write another Master of the Obvious book.   She can write anything she wants but maybe just once she needs to look from another's eyes.

I am glad Wendy called her out on not settling the divorce and moving on.  Bethenny lame response-it was emotions. Bullshit.  You wanted the world's longest divorce for attention.  She and Jason were married for 33 months and the divorce took 36 months.  Be honest once-it wasn't a two year marriage and four year divorce.  She loved every minute of it.  Ridiculous statements such as I had to change my clothes in the car,  Why the hell not change your clothes instead the hotel room where you were staying?  Or your Hamptons home or better yet the dressing room where you were making an appearance?  She makes it sound as if she could only check in for one night at a time.  What about extended stay?  Such a frigging liar.  

The other thing Wendy brought up-Dennis has five children.

• Love 12
47 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

The Wendy appearance is odd only because Bethenny is trying to sell her next book, loosely described as think before you marry.  I am of an age that since high school in the '70s it was pretty well drummed in our heads, better have a skill set, an education to carry on in case the fairy tale ends.  So Bethenny is just way late to the party if she thinks her advice is so compelling.   She was in it with Jason she made it big and he became a slacker, in her opinion.  I am stymied why she keeps using Luann as an example of the dress and the ring.  Luann had a career before she got married the first time, developed another career when the first fairytale was winding down, and has enhanced her career and decided to marry.

I am thinking maybe she needs to look at the successful RH marriages. The  Zarins, McCord-Van Kempens, Umanskys, the Manzos, the Vanderpump Todd, Rinna Hamlin, Chris and Jacqueline Laurita, even Kathy and Rich Wakile and the Girardis, the Dubrows.  It isn't always about what Bethenny endured.  She seems like a quitter.  Jason may not have been the great guy but he took a chance with her.     Most of these marriages have endured through the woman becoming more recognizable than their mates and many were or became the primary wage earners.  I am not seeing why Bethenny needs to write another Master of the Obvious book.   She can write anything she wants but maybe just once she needs to look from another's eyes.

I am glad Wendy called her out on not settling the divorce and moving on.  Bethenny lame response-it was emotions. Bullshit.  You wanted the world's longest divorce for attention.  She and Jason were married for 33 months and the divorce took 36 months.  Be honest once-it wasn't a two year marriage and four year divorce.  She loved every minute of it.  Ridiculous statements such as I had to change my clothes in the car,  Why the hell not change your clothes instead the hotel room where you were staying?  Or your Hamptons home or better yet the dressing room where you were making an appearance?  She makes it sound as if she could only check in for one night at a time.  What about extended stay?  Such a frigging liar.  

The other thing Wendy brought up-Dennis has five children.

Dennis has five children?  Tell me more.  I thought it was three.

I forget which one ZM but in one interview you provided a link to in which she described her divorce as 'tortuous'.   God, this woman makes me so angry.  Tortuous?  This woman needs a reality check so badly.  Add this to her description of her divorce as 'hell'.  She is clueless and insults people who 'really' know the definition of these words. 

Her advice is a joke and her next book will be as well if this is what it's going to be about. 

• Love 8

Thought I was done with Bethenny for the season... Alas...

So I'm at Rite Aid tonight and I glance at the gossip rags. I look at the person on the cover and it's a barely recognizable (over airbrushed) Bethenny yakking about her divorce.

And just now, I turned on "Beat Bobby Flay" and I hear this rapid-fire commentary over the scenes of the people cooking. GUESS WHO! I will say that neither Scott Conant nor the contestants (especially the contestants) seemed amused by Bethenny's comments.*

Ugh. No newsstand, no TV is safe!

*haha! Someone (Bobby or Scott... I wasn't watching at the time so I'm not sure which) told her she needs to stop drinking coffee!

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, breezy424 said:

Dennis has five children?  Tell me more.  I thought it was three.

I forget which one ZM but in one interview you provided a link to in which she described her divorce as 'tortuous'.   God, this woman makes me so angry.  Tortuous?  This woman needs a reality check so badly.  Add this to her description of her divorce as 'hell'.  She is clueless and insults people who 'really' know the definition of these words. 

Her advice is a joke and her next book will be as well if this is what it's going to be about. 

If it was "hell" it was a hell of her own making. I'm not saying Jason acted perfectly (he probably didn't) but she could have settled the whole thing a long time ago. Jason may have ended up with more money than Bethenny thought he deserved, heck, maybe more money than he really did deserve, but everyone, including Bryn, would have been happier and probably richer. The lawyer fees both of them racked up probably made a significant dent in what they both ended up with. 

• Love 11

Was Wendy giving Bethenny some very low key but definite side eye?  She asked her why go thru such a long, overly drawn-out divorce when she coulda just split the dough & got thru with it quick.  And what did Ms. Brutally Honest answer her back?  With her usual bullshit.  She merely replied, "It wasn't about the Benjamins."  Horseshit!  She didn't give a follow up to this bullshit answer.  Typical Betheliar.

Btw, is she shooting Botox in her nose too?  Cuz that thing has shrunk down to almost nothing.

I thought Wendy was nuts for her.  She seemed kinda meh to her.  Even the audience reaction was on-and-off to her.  Wish she woulda asked her if she really is feuding with Satan Andy.  She did say she was Team Bethenny, but I think she meant only in terms of what she's said about Tom.  Idk, I've been disagreeing with a lot of what Wendy says lately.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Here is the segment.....WW/Bethenny....... http://www.wendyshow.com/videos/#.V-TFk4WcGUk

I found Wendy to be a bit of a kiss up to Bethenny. LOL

Well Wendy seemed to get some shots in.  The "you use to have a talk show", was one.  When Wendy brought up the toilet situation about Jason and Bethenny tried to cite confidentiality - Wendy said, "it was in a magazine."  Wendy must have some deal with US Magazine she was heavy on emphasizing she did a story was in the magazine.  The other interesting bit was about Bethenny's engagement diamond.  Wendy threw out Dennis had five children and she has Bryn.  Bethenny seems to have a difficult time getting along with more than one person at a time, imagine his lucky family when she has to be the center of attention with seven other people. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

Well Wendy seemed to get some shots in.  The "you use to have a talk show", was one.  When Wendy brought up the toilet situation about Jason and Bethenny tried to cite confidentiality - Wendy said, "it was in a magazine."  Wendy must have some deal with US Magazine she was heavy on emphasizing she did a story was in the magazine.  The other interesting bit was about Bethenny's engagement diamond.  Wendy threw out Dennis had five children and she has Bryn.  Bethenny seems to have a difficult time getting along with more than one person at a time, imagine his lucky family when she has to be the center of attention with seven other people. 

I got that she sold the diamond.

Did you get the same impression?

• Love 2

My impression was that Beth wanted the toilet story out and Wendy was glad to oblige.

In all honesty Beth looks terrible.  She is way too thin and looks positively haggard.  And orange isn't her color.

I think she appeals to a limited base of women her age her who project their struggles on to her.

Edited by One More Time
  • Love 5

I just went through a very amicable divorce and still described it as Hell, probably about 100 times. (Don't hold me to that number, I'm not being literal.) Everyone I know who has gone through a divorce has described it as Hell. It sucks in about 5000 different ways, even when it's amicable. I'm not sure why calling it Hell is considered to be so strange?

I don't know why anyone questions why Bethenny still does the show with all her money. She is completely addicted to fame. I don't think there needs to be another reason. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Otherkate said:

I just went through a very amicable divorce and still described it as Hell, probably about 100 times. (Don't hold me to that number, I'm not being literal.) Everyone I know who has gone through a divorce has described it as Hell. It sucks in about 5000 different ways, even when it's amicable. I'm not sure why calling it Hell is considered to be so strange?

I don't know why anyone questions why Bethenny still does the show with all her money. She is completely addicted to fame. I don't think there needs to be another reason. 

It  is interesting that Bethenny at this stage is doing the "How I Survived My Divorce" tour.  Maybe out of deference for the show during its run, she took a back seat and decided to launch her divorce woes while the show was finishing up so as to stay in the public eye.  All I know is any publicity or storyline she is hoping to get for her divorce woes have been totally wiped off the interest board with the Jolie/Pitt divorce.  This is one time the meticulously planner Bethenny had something dumped in her lap that was out of her control.  When she was on WWHL she mentioned she called Dennis' daughter so "it would not be out there for an entire press cycle," it seems waiting two plus months to discuss her survival of her divorce and work it into just the right press cycle and her timing sucked.  Now she is answering questions about the split/divorce.  Likes she knows these people or either needs her advice?

Wendy mentioned Betheny doing the show and her fame addiction, and Bethenny claimed there were these great comedic moments like Ramona wering macramé.  I believe it was Dorinda who pointed that out and Bethenny then said Dorinda brow beats her friends. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Otherkate said:

It is considered strange because Beth said it. Every single word she says is analyzed to death simply because she said it. Even when it is the most benign thing in the world, like saying going through her divorce was hell. As you point out, it is hardly unusually for people to describe a divorce as hell. Even people who get through it basically unscathed often describe it as such. Another comment was about how wrong it was for her to describe her divorce as torturous. I guess because it diminishes the actual victims of real torture? I guess I'm a horrible person as well.  Just got back from a business trip that was long and hard and took months of preparation, and I told my husband the whole thing had been torture. Luckily I'm allowed to say things like this because I'm not Beth and no one thinks I intend to sound like I've actually been physically tortured.  

• Love 8