Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Odd how she is suddenly using the excuse that she wants to "focus on" her daughter. Hasn't Bryn been around for 9 or so years? Is she just realizing now that kids need their parents?

I'm wondering if she's been granted full custody with the deal being that in order to do that she would have to give up the reality show?

I have a feeling that we'd know if she got full custody. Regardless of any gag order that might be put in place, she'd be unable to keep herself from shouting it from the rooftops or posting it all over SM.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
16 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

I am dying at this Ramona news. Good for her! Bravo, along with Andy's entire life has been built on the backs of these women and that is especially true of the OGs. Get your money, you crazy turtle. 

Edited by Otherkate
  • LOL 7
  • Love 10
18 hours ago, tealeaves said:

It was reported that she left because of a contract dispute.  She wanted more money and BRAVO said no. 

I haven't seen that reported anywhere.   None of the usual tabloid sources have reported that Bethenny's leaving had anything to do with money.  

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, AnnA said:

I haven't seen that reported anywhere.   None of the usual tabloid sources have reported that Bethenny's leaving had anything to do with money.  

Well, except here.

https://pagesix.com/2019/08/26/bethenny-frankel-quit-real-housewives-of-new-york-over-money/

So Frankel went into the room in an enviable position, and threw out a huge number to see if Bravo would agree. They didn’t. So she gave a statement about her departure to Variety so fast that even some of the show’s top producers heard it first on social media.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Useful 5
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Happy Camper said:

Well, except here.

https://pagesix.com/2019/08/26/bethenny-frankel-quit-real-housewives-of-new-york-over-money/

So Frankel went into the room in an enviable position, and threw out a huge number to see if Bravo would agree. They didn’t. So she gave a statement about her departure to Variety so fast that even some of the show’s top producers heard it first on social media.

Page Six?   OK.   I don't read Page Six because I found them to be less than reliable.    So far, they're the only outlet reporting that story.   People, TVLine, Entertainment Weekly and Vulture say nothing about money.    We really have no way of knowing the truth. None of these tabloids can be trusted.   My main point is that I sincerely doubt this came as a surprise to Andy.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2

So Frankel went into the room in an enviable position, and threw out a huge number to see if Bravo would agree. They didn’t.

Assuming any of this true, I could see Bethenny having already made her decision to leave, went in and threw out a price she knew they wouldn't meet, then said "No? Ok, I'm out of here".

• Love 11
12 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Assuming any of this true, I could see Bethenny having already made her decision to leave, went in and threw out a price she knew they wouldn't meet, then said "No? Ok, I'm out of here".

While I believe Bethenny and Bravo sat down to negotiate a new contract - it may have begun before they even filmed the reunion because Bravo loves her that much.

I think she went in with what she wanted - most likely a higher salary, probably less hours of filming, and other demands. Bravo probably went in with their own demands. It didn't work for either party - it's business. It didn't end with Bethenny saying I'm done with you and I will never ever ever come back.

Bethenny is the only one of this group that can walk away from the salary she was making. If you look at Luann, Sonja, Tinsley, Ramona, Dorinda - if Bravo said we are demoting you to a friend of, cutting your salary - they'd all re-new and sign their contracts. They can't afford to do so. The majority of their income is coming from their business ventures association to the show. If Luann were "fired" or she refused to "sign" her Cabaret show would last maybe 6 months.

Bethenny is making the best decision for herself at this time. I hope whatever venture she has with Mark Burnett has her behind the scenes as opposed to in front of the camera. It will be better for her, Brynn, and her personal relationships

• Love 8
4 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I'm watching the news coverage of Hurricane Dorian and my heart breaks for the people in the Bahamas. I'm so glad Bethenny has taken up disaster relief as her signature cause.   It's desperately needed. 

• Love 15
On 8/29/2019 at 4:41 PM, ichbin said:

I agree.  The annoyance factor ramped up considerably with success/money, nonetheless, I already found her unlikable back then.  Have you reached the Tide to Go episode yet?  If not, you're in for a treat.  

Watched the Tide To Go episode. Man, the way she attacks the woman who said everyone has complained about Howie. There’s so much rage and disdain. Awful. She is so odious.

[eta: The conflict level was at 3, but Frankel brought it to 12. Completely unnecessarily.]

Ha! In the next episode, the winning team takes a helicopter to Martha’s East Hampton home. Martha decorated the whole house with mounted fish!

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Otherkate said:

It's been forever since I've seen the Martha show, but I remember actively HATING Bethenny on it. 

Bethenny and Jose Andres are both utilizing their talents for so much good lately and it really is so needed. 

Yes! Frankel should focus only on relief from now on. It’s perfect for her skill set. 

It doesn’t bother me as much when she talks about “her” warehouse and how no one else is helping. Her efforts benefit others.  

Maybe she’ll even come around when someone cries about losing a father. 

• Love 4

This is B at her best. I love that she does the crisis work and I don't care how she promotes it or promotes herself doing it. Also because she puts so much of herself out there, in this case it works - she's out there in the trenches and shows a transparency those who follow her have come to see -- so I think it's easier for her to get a lot of donations. Similar to JJ Watt after Hurricane Harvey -- people want to give but they want to trust and see it's going where they think. And I think this is a great use of B's skills and presence and helping people, or doing things for a greater good. This is so much of a better use of time and energy than stupid catfights on reality tv. The devastation in the Bahamas is awful to see and I'm glad she's doing whatever she does to get supplies there. If doing her stories and updates helps bring in money and create trust, instagram away.

And please send good vibes for us in Charleston too -- let's hope B doesn't need to end up here.

• Love 20
On 9/3/2019 at 2:13 PM, KungFuBunny said:

While I believe Bethenny and Bravo sat down to negotiate a new contract - it may have begun before they even filmed the reunion because Bravo loves her that much.

I think she went in with what she wanted - most likely a higher salary, probably less hours of filming, and other demands. Bravo probably went in with their own demands. It didn't work for either party - it's business. It didn't end with Bethenny saying I'm done with you and I will never ever ever come back.

Bethenny is the only one of this group that can walk away from the salary she was making. If you look at Luann, Sonja, Tinsley, Ramona, Dorinda - if Bravo said we are demoting you to a friend of, cutting your salary - they'd all re-new and sign their contracts. They can't afford to do so. The majority of their income is coming from their business ventures association to the show. If Luann were "fired" or she refused to "sign" her Cabaret show would last maybe 6 months.

Bethenny is making the best decision for herself at this time. I hope whatever venture she has with Mark Burnett has her behind the scenes as opposed to in front of the camera. It will be better for her, Brynn, and her personal relationships

She probably just wanted it to be worth her while from a financial standpoint. She doesn't need the money, but if she's going to put her life out there and suffer the blowback from her ex, it should be worth it. However, she can't resist the attention. She may #bstrong but she'll also #bback...

Edited by Dutchgirl
Punctuation!
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Dutchgirl said:

She probably just wanted it to be worth her while from a financial standpoint. She doesn't need the money, but if she's going to put her life out there and suffer the blowback from her ex, it should be worth it. However, she can't resist the attention. She may #bstrong but she'll also #bback...

Ha! You are fantastic!!

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Dutchgirl said:

If she returns she will look so damned desperate it will be laughable. She would be the laughing stock of all the housewives. ( In and out, fail, then again, In and out, another fail and in and.....) The first time that she quit she made comments about being above the housewives and being better than all of that.  When she returned because her other projects failed she said that the only reason she came back was because the housewives franchise had "changed".  LOL. Meaning that it was now deemed suitable enough and worth bringing attention enuf for her to be part of. (Obvies neeeded the money and the attention/exposure) 

So now she threw a big number out there, thinking that her delusional huge head was worth it and surprisingly to her Bravo said "Um no, see that exit sign? Pack up your giant ego and head in that direction, or take what we are offering you". Her big head said, "I am going to the Hamptons to consult withBryn, the butterflies, caterpillars, turtles and Dennis. I will get back to you."

The ghost of Dennis said" Well hey what do I know? I shoulda kept the Narcan closer at hand. Make your own decision".

Andy's response to John Hill's question about "Did she get fired? Was it the money? What's the sitch?"

" I'm just gonna leave it at that, I'm gonna leave it in my gratitude".  (Namaste)

No denials. Hmmmm. During his entire statement I could only visualize the bold faced 16 inch font that he was reading from.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

So now she threw a big number out there, thinking that her delusional huge head was worth it and surprisingly to her Bravo said "Um no, see that exit sign? Pack up your giant ego and head in that direction, or take what we are offering you".

I still say she planned on leaving all along, and threw out a number she knew they wouldn't match. She must have the Burnett stuff planned out in advance.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

If she returns she will look so damned desperate it will be laughable. She would be the laughing stock of all the housewives. ( In and out, fail, then again, In and out, another fail and in and.....) The first time that she quit she made comments about being above the housewives and being better than all of that.  When she returned because her other projects failed she said that the only reason she came back was because the housewives franchise had "changed".  LOL. Meaning that it was now deemed suitable enough and worth bringing attention enuf for her to be part of. (Obvies neeeded the money and the attention/exposure) 

So now she threw a big number out there, thinking that her delusional huge head was worth it and surprisingly to her Bravo said "Um no, see that exit sign? Pack up your giant ego and head in that direction, or take what we are offering you". Her big head said, "I am going to the Hamptons to consult withBryn, the butterflies, caterpillars, turtles and Dennis. I will get back to you."

The ghost of Dennis said" Well hey what do I know? I shoulda kept the Narcan closer at hand. Make your own decision".

Andy's response to John Hill's question about "Did she get fired? Was it the money? What's the sitch?"

" I'm just gonna leave it at that, I'm gonna leave it in my gratitude".  (Namaste)

No denials. Hmmmm. During his entire statement I could only visualize the bold faced 16 inch font that he was reading from.

Yup. Yup. Yup. And yup.

To all of this. 

We can only speculate based on what she has done in the past. 

Lather. Rinse. Bob Loblaw.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 8/22/2019 at 11:53 AM, Rosiejuliemom said:

Dorinda, Luann, Ramona, and Sonja will all fight to exhaustion trying to get the title. Just when it appears that Tinsley will take it for herself, a door will creak open and everyone's expressions will turn to shock and horror as we hear

"Hiiiiiiiiiiiii! Surprise!"

NOOOOOO don't even speak of the devil! 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

Well good. She made tons of money and has continued to give of herself. I'll knock her around for a lot of things but actually being actively charitable is not one. 

I wish the whole cast would have stayed though. It's my favorite city. No other city gets DVR'ed.

B doesn't NEED the show money anymore but hey, it's been great pocket change while she lasted. I also think Ramona would be fine without Bravo. But again, nice change for our drunken turtle.

• Love 12

Bravo continues to provide updates on nearly every former Housewife and Bravolebrity. 

They tweeted about Faith's (Vanderpump Rules) pregnancy announcement. She was barely on in her one season and was a plot point during another.

BravoTV (@BravoTV) Tweeted:
The former #PumpRules SURver shared the happy news — and her sonogram.
https://t.co/sO7BRoNA9K

They provided an update on PC from NYC Prep

https://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/tiffany-trump-flower-girl-at-bravo-star-peter-carey-peterson-wedding-photos

That's not to say that a continued good relationship with Bethenny doesn't mean more to Bravo than a continued good relationship with Lisa Wu. It does mean more. However, Bravo tweeting about what Bethenny is doing or featuring her updates on the Daily Dish isn't an indication of any favoritism because they literally do the same with everybody.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
On 9/1/2019 at 10:00 PM, AnnA said:

I think Andy knows the HW franchise is circling the drain.

If I know it...he knows it

When 90 Day Fiance looks like a PBS offering compared to HWs...

Turn off the light.

Bravo may provide updates on their TV alum but not about those they believe have harmed them in some way.   My point was to counter the "Bravo and Andy are in meltdown" - "She burned her bridges"  etc., etc.  implying that Bravo was really pissed and would seek revenge.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I take it back. She’s still annoying me. If someone is making cute jokes (?!?), why can’t she ignore that. She is still 7 years old. This makes her look dumb.

Why should she ignore it?   Providing humanitarian relief to people suffering in the wake of a disaster is a noble endeavor.    Making jokes about it is dumb and childish. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, AnnA said:

Bravo may provide updates on their TV alum but not about those they believe have harmed them in some way.  

They covered Jill Zarin...

My point was to counter the "Bravo and Andy are in meltdown" - 

Oh, he's pissed alright - he went out of his way in the interview posted upthread to not say, when asked directly ("Did she get fired, did she want money, what's the sitch?") "She wasn't fired".  Total dick move.  He can fake-blather on about gratitude but real gratitude (not his petty shit) would have been shutting down the rumor ("Oh my god, We would NEVER fire her! We love her! We're so grateful she returned at all.")  He's not a fucking novice. He knows how to handle that kind of question in a clean way. What a nasty little turd of a man.

Edited by film noire
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
43 minutes ago, film noire said:

They covered Jill Zarin...

Oh, he's pissed alright - he went out of his way in the interview posted upthread to not say, when asked directly ("Did she get fired, did she want money, what's the sitch?") "She wasn't fired".  Total dick move.  He can fake-blather on about gratitude but real gratitude (not his petty shit) would have been shutting down the rumor ("Oh my god, We would NEVER fire her! We love her! We're so grateful she returned at all.")  He's not a fucking novice. He knows how to handle that kind of question in a clean way. What a nasty little turd of a man.

Notice that the Bravo article conveniently left out the part where Andy completely sidestepped that question about her being fired or leaving over a money dispute, leaving that part up for speculation.

He is leaving the door open, just as he did with LVP, but the door will be open on Bravo's terms, not Bethenny's. Should her Burnett gig fail, she may have to agree to those terms and return once again just as she did before, even though she saw herself as above "housewife" status.

Remember this?

“There was a point where I was a little embarrassed to be a Housewife,” she admitted. “I felt like it was something to not be proud of and when I was in it it felt like it was not what I started out as and I walked away. Now, coming back, I feel proud to do it again. I feel that it is a different show. I feel like me coming back to this show this season has changed up the dynamic.”

She doesn't think that anyone noticed that she only came back because her non housewife ventures failed? Flip Flop, flip flop.

• Love 12
On 9/8/2019 at 1:42 PM, AnnA said:

Why should she ignore it?   Providing humanitarian relief to people suffering in the wake of a disaster is a noble endeavor.    Making jokes about it is dumb and childish. 

I agree. What she’s doing is very noble. Anyone joking about this is below acknowledging. She should be too intelligent to feed the trolls. One would think.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I agree. What she’s doing is very noble. Anyone joking about this is below acknowledging. She should be too intelligent to feed the trolls. One would think.

Yes.  One would think so.   I consider myself a fairly intelligent individual and yet I've been known to feed the trolls from time to time, especially if they're trolling something or someone I believe in.     

• Love 4
51 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

There are always going to be people that joke about these things online. People will make fun of anything.  People were making jokes about LVP's efforts to save furry victims of Yulin. Not very nice but it's part of being on social media. Bethenny can handle herself.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 3

Awww, Andy has hurt fee fees!

"Following the New York housewife’s very sudden and public exit from the reality show that made her a household name last month, her former boss, Andy, is reportedly left feeling blindsided and somewhat offended.

“[Andy] feels betrayed about the way she left the show, which put her on the map,” a source revealed in the September 8 issue of In Touch Magazine. “She ran and gave an interview to [to Variety] about leaving before discussing it with him.” 

https://realityblurb.com/2019/09/09/does-andy-cohen-feel-betrayed-after-bethenny-frankel-quit-rhony-over-alleged-outrageous-salary-demands/

Suck it, asshole  (and I love that phrase "somewhat offended": Andy is not fully offended, mind you, just demi-offended.  It also sounds somewhat Britishy -  must be the dastardly LVP at work again, leaking stories ; )

Dear Ms. Frankel;  Please produce a scripted series (Hou$ewive$) starring six women from different walks of life, all of them chasing careers, cash, love (and men - pirates included) as they shoot their first season of a RHoNY-like show.  (You started as an actress, here's your chance to get back in the thespian game!) Please include: great clothing, hot sex, behind-the-scenes drama, juicy gossip (and all the shitty things done by the dickhead producer, Randy Colon).  Oh - and one last request - could Kathy Griffin be part of the ensemble, please? (As the former cast member who gets her best revenge when she takes over the show from Randy Colon, who is demoted to assistant.) Thanks! 

Edited by film noire
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Dear God, she's proud of this. 

that poor little girl - feeling the need to soothe/heal her mother's scars when she's all of nine years old herself.

no young child should have to caretake a parent like that.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 16
6 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Dear God, she's proud of this. 

The wording of it is telling. "I hope"

Instead of "It's okay, you have a good one now".

Bryn "hopes", like she is unsure. That child has  a shitload of crap to deal with.

Bethenny is right, being rich has nothing to do with money. She can give Bryn all the goodies that money can buy, but when you see your mother turn on everyone, family, daddy, daddy's family, friends, it's just a matter of time before she will start to wonder when is her turn. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
7 hours ago, film noire said:

that poor little girl - feeling the need to soothe/heal her mother's scars when she's all of nine years old herself 

As she gets older Bryn could go one of two ways:

1. Walk on eggshells, careful now, get along with Mommy. ( Mommy = Bank )

2. Smash the shit out of those eggshells. F!U! Mommy! I'll make my own bank.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Compassion and empathy don't know age.

I’m with you, I read this as a sweet message, not evidence of Brynn having to soothe her mother.

And the kid’s what, 9 years old? Parsing the language of this note isn’t going to yield some great insight into her psychology. I remember notes and cards I wrote like this to my parents, and looking back, they sound dumb as hell, LOL.

• Love 8