Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, link417 said:

@AnnA’s post above that sparked the conversation said “love her or hate her, she always generates a buzz,” so I don’t think that poster was stating that high page count = “fan favorite.” Just “buzz generator.”

You're right!   I was referring to Bethenny generating the most buzz on this forum. @sweetdarling mentioned LVP as another HW generating buzz.   It makes sense that the two most successful HWs, Bethenny and LVP, get the most attention.  It also makes sense that they get a significant amount of criticism.   Rich, beautiful, successful women attract critics. 

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, link417 said:

But does it come with a Rolodex?

😉

For that price, it better do more than just tell time!

That's a very nice luxury vehicle (not a Ferrari, but a decent down payment)

Do you have any idea how many pairs of SkinnyGirl jeans/cabaret tickets/Nigerian football teams/non-existent toaster ovens that could buy?!

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

What's up with her custody case? I feel like late August/early September was when a decision was going to be made but we've had nothing but crickets. Did she lose so she cut off the direct feed to Page Six?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, ww92 said:

What's up with her custody case? I feel like late August/early September was when a decision was going to be made but we've had nothing but crickets. Did she lose so she cut off the direct feed to Page Six?

If it all went her way we would have heard about it. I think that a final decision has not been made yet.

• Love 2
On 11/3/2019 at 3:04 PM, AnnA said:

Neither did I.

As a long time member of Team Bethenny I can't help but notice that despite her departure from RHONY, Bethenny's thread remains one of the most active. Love her or hate her, she always generates a buzz.   And in the world of celebrities, she who generates the most buzz wins. 

Wins what exactly? 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

Anyone watch The Good Place? I just caught up and the last episode had one of the characters talking about how he goes by Bethenny Frankel's philosophies when it comes to his life choices - specifically "mention it all" and the other character implores him to please listen to Kant instead of Bethenny. Haha.

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, Otherkate said:

specifically "mention it all" and the other character implores him to please listen to Kant instead of Bethenny. Haha.

The writer of the episode was on The Good Place the Podcast stated the original line was “my favorite Kant is Bethenny” but was cut.

• LOL 10
13 minutes ago, Otherkate said:

Anyone watch The Good Place? I just caught up and the last episode had one of the characters talking about how he goes by Bethenny Frankel's philosophies when it comes to his life choices - specifically "mention it all" and the other character implores him to please listen to Kant instead of Bethenny. Haha.

I haven’t watched since the first few eps of the current season, but I imagine Brandon Scott Jones’s character was the “mention it all” guy and Chidi, of course, was the Kant guy.

A bit of Bethenny shade from The Good Place, since the person living by Bethenny’s philosophies was originally supposed to go to the Bad Place, before this little philosophy experiment. 😆

Edited by link417
Missing/incorrect words
  • LOL 2
4 hours ago, LucindaWalsh said:

For me, I have always been all in for Ramona, no matter what she does. Dorinda is second. They could be a tie if Dorinda gets her grief drinking under control and starts to shine again with her make it nice, remember this place memories, showing off her sexy as hell body and clothes, that damn house! Ramona and Dorinda do it for me because underneath it all they are striving for happiness. /dear fairies, please let me get off this syrup train...

All BF strives for is the misery of others to boost herself. /thanks fairies!

Oh Oh! I can't wait to see all the remaining HW's new digs!

I can't speak for @happycamper but I thought the reference to "big winner" had more to do with being infamous than it did with unicorns and fairy dust.  LOL

• LOL 1
On 11/5/2019 at 5:19 PM, AnnA said:

I can't speak for @happycamper but I thought the reference to "big winner" had more to do with being infamous than it did with unicorns and fairy dust.  LOL

I can speak for Happy Camper and @LucindaWalsh had it correct with:

"Ha, I know what she meant, that's why I phrased it with "For me" when listing why Ramona and Dorinda would be my winners. They won't be wretched infamous but they are kind of infamous-ish in a less terrible way than BF. I don't think anyone will reach BF's level of infamous on this show moving forward and that suits me fine.

All BF strives for is the misery of others to boost herself".

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/infamous

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

I can speak for Happy Camper and @LucindaWalsh had it correct with:

"Ha, I know what she meant, that's why I phrased it with "For me" when listing why Ramona and Dorinda would be my winners. They won't be wretched infamous but they are kind of infamous-ish in a less terrible way than BF. I don't think anyone will reach BF's level of infamous on this show moving forward and that suits me fine.

All BF strives for is the misery of others to boost herself".

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/infamous

Yup!  That's what I thought.......no unicorns and fairy dust for these gals.  LOL

Lucinda and I both picked Dorinda.   Her reputation is safe.  😝

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 1
On 11/3/2019 at 6:41 PM, biakbiak said:

This is very much a YMMV, I find her “wit” extremely overrated with many of her quips being dated and than when she says something that gets a laugh she repeats it until it has lost any humor it might have had.

"Chilling with my snowmies! Get it? Chilling? Snowmies? Not homies, SNOWMIES! Ramona, DO YOU GET IT? She doesn't get it! How can she be such a schmoron?!"

Ramona: *I wish this bitch would shut the fuck up and let me play with Dorinda's snow globes in peace.*

1 hour ago, LucindaWalsh said:

The thing with that gosh awful floral arrangement was that I am positive that if any of the others had gotten it, BF would have mocked it relentlessly. I can see now from the above insta link that it is supposed to be a rainbow, it is kind of sculptural and yet, it is still to me an early 80s ugly as heck gift. Paul's surprise is right up there with Scott's funeral bouquet to Tinsley. 

I actually really like the flowers. They're different and pretty cute.

I do agree that if anyone else had received them, Beth would have probably had some not-so-nice things to say about them.

• Love 10
On 11/7/2019 at 6:59 AM, link417 said:

I thought this bouquet was GORGEOUS. I am not a flower person at all, but I loved how unique this bouquet was.

Just popping in to ask if the point of the post is the beautiful birthday flowers why are 50% of the flowers blocked and 75 % of the entire image is of Bethenny and her outfit and accessories. Oh never mind............ Such an attn whore. It is ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS about Bethenny. The post was never about Paul, a thank you, or the flowers. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
Just now, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Just popping in to ask if the point of the post is the beautiful birthday flowers why are 50% of the flowers blocked and 75 % of the entire image is of Bethenny and her outfit and accessories. Oh never mind............ Such an attn whore. It is ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS about Bethenny. The post was never about Paul, a thank you, or the flowers. 

Those aren’t the birthday flowers, the post has two pictures. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Hiyo said:

She tagged him in the first pic also, so is highlighting him there too. 

In her InstaStory she specified the second arrangement as being from him, perhaps he got her both who knows but she clearly is highlighting the second giving it it’s own picture and a shout-out on her IS.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 1

She could also be specifying the flowers in the first pic as being from him and she came up with the arrangement. Who knows, as you said. But she seems to have the same flowers in both pics, just in a different arrangement, and he is tagged in both pictures.

• Love 1
On 11/8/2019 at 7:51 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

I think it's pretty.  Quite creative and unique.  dsdf

I have no idea what “dsdf” stands for (and too lazy to google), but I read it as “Düsseldorf” and that works for me. 😁

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

The low rise jeans are ugly IMO.

• Love 9

When I look at the birthday flowers photo, her outfit reminds me a little of Elton John (just saw RocketMan)! Elton on a tame day to be sure, but it's a little costume-y. Like manufactured. Sure it's cute and all, but glasses, fur-real coat, rainbow sweater, lizard hip hugger a la Jim Morrison pants, (that bloated too thin belly), and the Birkin du jour, Do we see the shoes? Take one thing off Bethenny. She's like a big gimmick/trend here. BTW I like the flowers too. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

Bethenny feels like she wasn't taken seriously on Shark Tank because of Housewives and looks like we're finally getting Bethenny Starting Over. 🙄

https://www.allabouttrh.com/2019/11/11/bethenny-frankel-plans-on-returning-to-reality-tv-after-quitting-rhony/

This sounds like the same plans they announced ilast spring and appear to still be at the initial development stage with no network/streaming service attached so who knows if they will ever see the light of day. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

Bethenny feels like she wasn't taken seriously on Shark Tank because of Housewives and looks like we're finally getting Bethenny Starting Over. 🙄

https://www.allabouttrh.com/2019/11/11/bethenny-frankel-plans-on-returning-to-reality-tv-after-quitting-rhony/

"I’ve met my match, creatively, business-wise and [in] television with Mark Burnett.” This may be the most accurate thing Bethenny has ever said.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

From ^the article - "I’m partnering with Mark Burnett on — one that I would be in, that would focus on me and a lot of the business aspects of myself and the next stage of my life." Then "But both of them were my ideas. They’re my execution..."  Really Bethenny?  A shows that focuses on you is your idea?  Huh. 

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • LOL 11
  • Love 5

She is so taken with herself, she just refuses to see that The Bethenny Solo Show will never happen. 

She is so delusional. 

Wait a moment, she's not just delusional, she's BETHENNY!

I just checked the dictionary.

be-THEN-ny

adjective: bethenny

Having an ego the size of a blue whale.

Similar:  Vain, In love with oneself, Overly self involved/self admiring

Example: She is so bethenny that she thinks that she can make a reality show that revolves around her, even though every time she tries it, she fails miserably.

Bethennyism is the pursuit of gratification from vanity or egotistic admiration of one's idealised self image and attributes. This includes self-flattery, perfectionism, and arrogance. The term originated from Bravo TV's Real Housewives mythology, where the young Andy Cohen fell in love with his own image reflected in a cheap motel mirror.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

From ^the article - "I’m partnering with Mark Burnett on — one that I would be in, that would focus on me and a lot of the business aspects of myself and the next stage of my life." Then "But both of them were my ideas. They’re my execution..."  Really Bethenny?  A shows that focuses on you is your idea?  Huh. 

Yes because this is something long time viewers of RHoNY constantly complained about: not enough focus on Bethenny or Skinnygirl.

• LOL 15
  • Love 5

Ok. I’m not a fan of those pants that she was wearing, but I just returned from Milan and you see them in all the shop windows for about 20 Euros. I don’t mind seeing them on the in shape younger girls, but the overweight older ladies...not so much. 

• Love 2
On 11/12/2019 at 6:29 AM, HunterHunted said:

Yes because this is something long time viewers of RHoNY constantly complained about: not enough focus on Bethenny or Skinnygirl.

Well now Bethenny has an opportunity to try once again to have the world focus on Bethenny. She will no longer be ignored. We will now all  celebrate her in this new show featuring Bethenny and her Skinnygirl brand. The world has been breathlessly waiting to hear about "the next stage" of her life.  A fabulous show focused just on Bethenny, without RHNY castmates, Fredrik or Jason to get in her way, and take the focus off of Bethenny. 

She will execute,  (her new favorite word) or be executed. One or the other. Time will tell. 

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 9