Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

I am no fan of the B's, (Used to be, until I saw what she is.), but, I do hate to see her go.  I think she adds to the show.  Her leaving has something to do with her ego, imo.  That's who she is and it will continue to drive her decisions. She will return when she is not able to get her ego fed sufficiently elsewhere.  She thinks she can make it without the attention the show brings, but, then she realizes she can't.  Another show might work, but, they have not proven to be successful with her.  I can't imagine another one would be offered by Bravo.  I have speculated that she would like to join RHOBH, but, can't due to location. Depending on what happens in court, she may be able to relocate to CA.  Time will tell.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 8/26/2019 at 10:21 AM, divsc said:

Bethenny Frankel quit ‘Real Housewives of New York’ over money

https://pagesix.com/2019/08/26/bethenny-frankel-quit-real-housewives-of-new-york-over-money/?_ga=2.30740668.263081656.1560300211-1292344417.1555990657

Can't really blame her for leaving or retiring or doing whatever she wants. She doesn't need the money, she should do what makes her happy. I just think she's lame how enormous her ego has gotten and the immediate press around her leaving the show. Who does she think she is, Andrew Luck or something? 😉

She's so far gone. 

giphy.gif

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

Despite whatever deals she made for these iffy projects, she can’t move to LA.  Because of the custody agreement, she’s surely stuck in NYC & can certainly still do the.show.  She’s bullshitting up a storm.

It still leaves me puzzled as to why she’d give up the show, which feeds her ego, earns her at least a mil & promotes SG (whether directly or indirectly).  As usual with Bethenny, there’s something going on that she’s not being “brutally honest” about.  Wow, big surprise.

As to other cast members (like Moaner) being surprised about her not telling them of her leaving?  Why should she share anything with them?  I wouldn’t trust ANY of ‘em.

• Love 11

I will admit that I liked the Bethenny of yore, but even then I found her exhausting. I do follow her on instagram and I will say that her relationship with her boyfriend seems different from the others.  She seems to spend a lot of time with him and they travel a lot - to Boston, West coast, etc.  Sometimes they are with Bryn and sometimes without.  I bet part of her reasons for leaving is so that she has the freedom to be where she wants when she wants.  I also think that if the final custody agreement goes her way, she will want to move around even more.  If she is tied to RH she loses her freedom.  At this stage of the game, I would think her freedom is more important to her than the money and she can get her fame fix from the deal with Burnett.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, smeds said:

I will admit that I liked the Bethenny of yore, but even then I found her exhausting. I do follow her on instagram and I will say that her relationship with her boyfriend seems different from the others.  She seems to spend a lot of time with him and they travel a lot - to Boston, West coast, etc.  Sometimes they are with Bryn and sometimes without.  I bet part of her reasons for leaving is so that she has the freedom to be where she wants when she wants.  I also think that if the final custody agreement goes her way, she will want to move around even more.  If she is tied to RH she loses her freedom.  At this stage of the game, I would think her freedom is more important to her than the money and she can get her fame fix from the deal with Burnett.

I don't think we will ever find out why she left. Probably more than one reason. ShawnaLanne is right, sometimes we just don't need to know everything. Last year when Carole quit there was some speculation that she was fired. We will never know the truth about that either. 

It's fun for people to guess though. That's what these boards are for!

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Otherkate said:

I feel like the HW shows are circling the drain anyway. She'll be fine. 

What made them fun at the beginning is all gone, I'd love to see all of the shows do a complete cast clear out and start over.

• Love 12
33 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

What made them fun at the beginning is all gone, I'd love to see all of the shows do a complete cast clear out and start over.

Exactly! The formula has changed, it's heavier. The laughter and "fun" and drama seems more contrived now. They all feel rehearsed and over produced. The women seem to be climbing over each other for the most attention. 

I hope they don't ruin Below Deck for me. 😔

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Otherkate said:

I feel like the HW shows are circling the drain anyway. She'll be fine. 

I completely stopped watching Bravo & haven't missed it a bit.  And I was totally hooked on this show, OC, VR & BH.  And yet, these shows seem to still be plugging along.  Can they go on forever?  Idk,  but I agree, Bethenny will be fine, whether she returns or doesn't. 

I'm very suspect of this deal with Burnett.  These kinda deals happen all the time.  I see zillions of these kinda deals announced with great fanfare & all too often they go nowhere or fail quickly.  Bethenny's track record in the entertainment industry, other than this show, stinks.  She's extremely demanding, her ego is wildly out-of-control & she mostly doesn't get along with anybody.  Not usually a winning formula for success. 

I predict she'll come crawling back to the show when her Burnett deal fails & when the bf wakes up to who she is & quickly flees.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
On 8/26/2019 at 11:53 PM, ScoobieDoobs said:

I’m guessing she expects she can squish her high heel right into Andy Cohen’s smug, Joker-smiling mug & he’ll welcome her back whenever she wants — and with that cool mil waiting for her.  Eh, Andy Cohen is a sap & a sucker, but it leaves Bethenny in an enviable, no-lose situation.

I don't know. It seems like this time she left everybody in the lurch by announcing the same day filming started.

She didn't do that last time.

Plus, last time she returned, the ratings didn't go up the way Bravo expected them to. She isn't the ratings draw she thinks she is.

If she tries it again she might be in for a rude awakening when TPTB are all "Thanks but no thanks."

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

I don't know. It seems like this time she left everybody in the lurch by announcing the same day filming started.

Plus, last time she returned, the ratings didn't go up the way Bravo expected them to. She isn't the ratings draw she thinks she is.

If she tries it again she might be in for a rude awakening when TPTB are all "Thanks but no thanks."

Her Instagram and Twitter will be even more insane, if they’re the only ways she can demand attention.

• Love 10
12 hours ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

The silence of Andy regarding her departure would add credence to this. When LVP left he said that the door would always be open to her. He is being surprisingly silent on the departure of Bethenny. I wish he would have had more of a response about this. While being interviewed just a few days ago, when asked if the housewives shows could survive the absence of any housewife, he very quickly and sternly responded "YES!" As much as I despise him (and Michael Rapaport, but I digress), I agree with this.

But then again, I am in a bit of a pickle. I think that the housewives will survive, but they are definitely circling the drain as some posters are saying. A lot of people have given up on BH, not because LVP is gone, but because of the remaining cast. 

Also, very likely viewers will not be tuning in because Beth has left as she was a big draw for some folks.

OC is for sure in the gutter, just shrieking and accusing and crying. I haven't even been watching this season, but just by reading the comments I can see that it's garbage.

I could go on about the other cities,  but it's more of the same. 

I am hoping that Bravo is able to resurrect the housewives franchise cause we want to love them so.

Anyhow, sorry this turned up in the Beth thread. I am just hoping that some Bravo genius will shine a light back on the housewives. 

Hey there, Andy, the only other alternative is to start a new Bravo Network. Focus on the next generation. Bravo Brats of Housewives Network. (BBHN)  I might watch that.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

A lot of people have given up on BH, not because LVP is gone, but because of the remaining cast.

I like Lisa, but she wasn't necessarily a make-or-break for me. The continued presence of Rinna, Erika, Kyle, and Teddi is what made me tune out.

At least with NY, I still enjoy the other ladies just as much without Bethenny. I'm interested to see how next season goes without her dark cloud hanging over everything.

• Love 15
On 8/24/2019 at 4:34 PM, ichbin said:

I recall not being a fan back when she was on Martha Stewart The Apprentice.  Many of the same traits and attitude she now demonstrates came through back then.  I'll admit she came across better in her first seasons of RHoNY.  I didn't watch her own shows so I can't speak about those, but she has become totally insufferable since her return to RHoNY.  She appears to have no qualms confronting any of her cast mates and I think many people confuse liking her personally with the fact that she is saying things they would like to say to someone.  I think she is a vitriolic harpy.  

I didn't start watching RHoNY until the season after her first departure and didn't see those first three seasons until after her return.  I was happy watching the years she was missing and I will be fine watching it again without her.  

Yesterday I tried to watch some of her on The Apprentice/Martha Stewart. It pulled up an appearance on Seth Meyers’s talk show. She was surprisingly quite likeable, although she did deride people who slap their name/logo on anything that can be sold. 

Still watching, but she’s annoying on TA/MS, yet not as bad as she is now. 

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Still watching, but she’s annoying on TA/MS, yet not as bad as she is now. 

I agree.  The annoyance factor ramped up considerably with success/money, nonetheless, I already found her unlikable back then.  Have you reached the Tide to Go episode yet?  If not, you're in for a treat.  

• Love 1
On 8/29/2019 at 12:38 AM, Happy Camper said:

The silence of Andy regarding her departure would add credence to this.

Andy is currently on vacation, so I don't know if his silence is indicative of anything.  He has posted some pics/videos with his son on instagram, but I think he's more unplugged than he was in the past due to being a dad.

• Useful 6
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, smores said:

Andy is currently on vacation, so I don't know if his silence is indicative of anything.  He has posted some pics/videos with his son on instagram, but I think he's more unplugged than he was in the past due to being a dad.

Fair enough, makes sense. I guess we will just have to wait to see his response to Bethenny leaving the show. I certainly could have spoken too soon.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, ichbin said:

I agree.  The annoyance factor ramped up considerably with success/money, nonetheless, I already found her unlikable back then.  Have you reached the Tide to Go episode yet?  If not, you're in for a treat.  

I was watching the YouTube clips. So far, I am only able to watch the episode that follows the Tide to Go episode. Do you know if the whole season is on Hulu?

She seems to try to bond with the men. The other women are not feeling her.

On RHoNYC, she mocked Jill Zarin’s nasal voice, but her voice is cringeworthy on TA/MS. Loud and nasal. Extremely nasal.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

I certainly could have spoken too soon.

No, I think your sense of Cohen's reaction is likely very accurate.

Frankel left RHoNY in chaos  - ruined pre-production,  blew up the shooting schedule,  broke the planned-out season (on the very day they started shooting).  She threw a fire bomb at RHoNY with the way she left. 

Which is why I think Cohen weighed in on her leaving with nothing but a perfunctory crying emoji the day it happened, without an LVP-like "We will always welcome you back, Bethenny" alongside that emoji.

She screwed up his season, made him look like a fool who did not have his finger on the pulse of the show, and he will not forgive her for that, imo.  She cost him money,  threw a monkey wrench in his livelihood, and I'm betting Cohen thinks (right or wrong) he gave Frankel everything she wanted -  a platform to promote herself, Skinnygirl products front and center,  control over her storyline -  and then she shit all over the show on her way out.  

Edited by film noire
  • Useful 6
  • Love 16

That makes sense, Guess we'll have to wait and see if he does end up posting anything about it, or giving us his 2 cents.

• Love 1

I hope he does feel fucked over. I have 2 friends who worked with Andy at Bravo, one who came up with him and worked with him for YEARS very closely. He has never had a single good thing to say about him. Literally, not one. And this is a guy who has worked with a lot of other 'strong' personalities including Bethenny. I personally find Andy pretty amusing, but it sounds like he never missed an opportunity to throw someone else under the bus professionally and stepped on every available human being in his way. He has done his colleagues dirty for years (and a few Housewives too, I'd say) so I hope he feels like she's made him look like a royal idiot. If he does, there will be a lot of people clapping. (Silently, bc Andy is a vengeful fuck.) 

And, btw, I do think Happy Camper is right. Vacation or not.

Good.

giphy.gif

Edited by Otherkate
  • Useful 3
  • Love 17
4 hours ago, Otherkate said:

Andy is a vengeful fuck.) 

Look at how he treated Kathy Griffin  (eta: "worst boss I've ever had") so I'm sure Cohen is spending his vacation readying his revenge (dressed in a silk robe, muttering to himself  - "It puts the lotion on its skin" -  while splicing together unseen Frankel footage & then pretending total innocence when the "leaked" clips show up on you tube and then WWHL: "Wow, I've never seen that footage - can't wait to hear what my guest thinks - what do you make of Bethenny in this clip,  Jules Wainstein?") 

Edited by film noire
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, film noire said:

Look at how he treated Kathy Griffin - I'm sure Cohen is spending his vacation readying his revenge (dressed in a silk robe, muttering to himself  - "It puts the lotion on its skin" -  while splicing together unseen Frankel footage & then pretending total innocence when the "leaked" clips show up on you tube and then WWHL: "Wow, I've never seen that footage - can't wait to hear what my guest thinks - what do you make of Bethenny in this clip,  Jules Wainstein?") 

Maybe he'll save the "best" footage for the reunion, with a special tribute montage of Beth's less than finest moments over the seasons.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, film noire said:

Look at how he treated Kathy Griffin  (eta: "worst boss I've ever had") so I'm sure Cohen is spending his vacation readying his revenge (dressed in a silk robe, muttering to himself  - "It puts the lotion on its skin" -  while splicing together unseen Frankel footage & then pretending total innocence when the "leaked" clips show up on you tube and then WWHL: "Wow, I've never seen that footage - can't wait to hear what my guest thinks - what do you make of Bethenny in this clip,  Jules Wainstein?") 

Totally agree! 

• Love 4

I don't read the tabloids, so forgive me if this is a stupid question.   Did Bethenny sign a contract with Bravo for season 12?    If she did, then Bravo and Andy should be upset with her.    If she didn't, there's a good chance Andy was expecting her to leave.

Edited by AnnA
  • Useful 2
3 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

We'll have the answer when some reporter asks him about Bethenny and he responds "I don't know her".

Andy really is a horrible vindictive person.

But Andy!  You made Bethy your co-host for the NY Reunion!  Remember?

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
On 8/29/2019 at 4:41 PM, ichbin said:

OMG. She’s so awful in the conference room. She talks faster and louder than everyone else, so I guess she thinks that means she should interrupt and talk over everyone.

No wonder Martha hates her. Martha doesn’t like rude. Martha is the complete opposite, writing encouraging letters to the exiting apprentices.

Ha! I love Martha telling her that women should not cry in a business environment.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 3
On August 30, 2019 at 8:10 PM, AnnA said:

I don't read the tabloids, so forgive me if this is a stupid question.   Did Bethenny sign a contract with Bravo for season 12?    If she did, then Bravo and Andy should be upset with her.    If she didn't, there's a good chance Andy was expecting her to leave.

Do any of you know?

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

I can't imagine her pulling something like this if there were a signed, legit contract, so maybe Andy was aware of it?

Their contracts are annual.

Usually, they begin negotiations, soon after the reunion is filmed. HW's are told pretty quickly if they are being asked back.

Bethenny/Bravo has always maintained a great relationship. She made money for them and she made money as well. She will always be the Bravo Golden Child/Golden Goose/Golden Egg.

I think she's in a different place in her life right now. For some reason I think she is either in negotiations to sell Skinny Girl or parts of it, or she really is letting the brand take a back seat. I say this because, on the last season she didn't have Skinny Girl product in every scene, every event as she has done in previous seasons (Carole's election Party, Sonja's Mad Hatter Party, Skinny Girl Luge, Skinny Girl Snowboard, it went on and on)

This business opportunity she has with Mark Burnett is letting her try something different. I think if it doesn't work out - I can see Bethenny coming back after a few years - but then again maybe not.

I absolutely loved last seasons cast (with the exception of Barbara) - wish it wouldn't change but since it will - I still will watch.

• Love 10
34 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

I can't imagine her pulling something like this if there were a signed, legit contract, so maybe Andy was aware of it?

I agree.   It's not worth the legal hassle and subsequent fallout from breaking her contract with Bravo, especially since she intends to continue working in entertainment.  If she hadn't signed a new contract, then Andy was expecting her to leave. 

• Love 4

I think this kind of work is probably the best thing Bethenny could be doing---it gives her an outlet for all of her energy and skills with promoting a cause and she gets a lot of positive feedback for what she does.     

• Love 19

If Cohen had been expecting Frankel to leave,  he would've had a (no doubt lavishly self-praising) press release ready to go the day Bethenny announced she was leaving. Instead, every story ended with "Bravo had no comment". 

He was left twisting in the wind, like the human fly trap he is.

Edited by film noire
  • LOL 2
  • Love 14
4 hours ago, AnnA said:

I agree.   It's not worth the legal hassle and subsequent fallout from breaking her contract with Bravo, especially since she intends to continue working in entertainment.  If she hadn't signed a new contract, then Andy was expecting her to leave. 

Not necessarily. It seems Ramona has (had) begun filming without a contract:

https://www.allabouttrh.com/2019/08/30/report-is-ramona-singer-refusing-to-film-rhony-season-12-after-bethenny-frankels-exit/

“She is hopeful this will all get worked out. She loves the show and what it does for her,” the source continued. “She has filmed a few scenes but hasn’t officially signed her contract yet as the ladies can film without signing on if they choose and that’s what Ramona has done. Ramona is living her best life in the Hamptons until this gets worked out.”

Edited by SweetieDarling
eta: she's holding out for more money
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6

I don't think Andy was left "twisting in the wind" at all.  If Bethenny wasn't under contract he knew he couldn't count on her for another season.  He's not stupid. The fact that Ramona hasn't signed yet isn't the same as Bethenny not signing.   Ramona is doing it to get more money. Bethenny doesn't need the money but if she wanted it, he probably would have given it to her. 

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, SweetieDarling said:

...Ramona (you all-too-often terrible woman) I salute you! 

I'm kinda loving this horror movie shitshow  (Housewives: Smell the Revenge!) with Andy in meltdown  (tables finally turned) being chased by all the women he's used and abused over the years, pee running down his squat little legs as he runs through Luann's forest - drunk and naked -  only to be mauled to death by the Jersey Devil.   

Pass the popcorn!  )

Edited by film noire
  • LOL 12
  • Love 5

I'm just not understanding why anyone thinks Andy is having a meltdown or twisting in the wind.    I think Andy knows the HW franchise is circling the drain.  He's certainly been around long enough to recognize the signs. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, AnnA said:

I don't think Andy was left "twisting in the wind" at all.  If Bethenny wasn't under contract he knew he couldn't count on her for another season.  He's not stupid. The fact that Ramona hasn't signed yet isn't the same as Bethenny not signing.   Ramona is doing it to get more money. Bethenny doesn't need the money but if she wanted it, he probably would have given it to her. 

It was reported that she left because of a contract dispute.  She wanted more money and BRAVO said no. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

Her name is Danielle.

LOL!

14 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

When is Andy's "Best Wishes Bethenny, Gonna Miss you Girl, Thanks for the memories" statement going to be released?? He must be writing and re-writing it so that he gets it perfect.

Waiting.gif

Spanky! (Cohen's after-hours nickname? ; )  

I wonder how Andy will address it?  (My guess is he'll answer a  viewer question on WWHL & play it super-casual  - "Why did Bethenny leave? I think she told us - for Bryn - and now that I have a kid, I TOTALLY understand wanting to spend more time with your child. Thanks for calling! Time for shotskis with our fabulous new housewife!")  

Edited by film noire
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, film noire said:

"Why did Bethenny leave? I think she told us - Bryn - and now that I have a kid, I TOTALLY understand wanting to spend more time with your child. Thanks for calling! Time for shotskis with our fabulous new housewife!")  

Odd how she is suddenly using the excuse that she wants to "focus on" her daughter. Hasn't Bryn been around for 9 or so years? Is she just realizing now that kids need their parents?

I'm wondering if she's been granted full custody with the deal being that in order to do that she would have to give up the reality show?

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4