Type keyword(s) to search

Holiday and Seasonal Commercials

• Start Topic

54 minutes ago, Prevailing Wind said:

Well, it was a crafts/hobby shop and they were needlework kits.  Some people (me) would have to start in July to get it done by NEXT Christmas,

A crafts shop I understand.  I have a needlework project started that I need my extra strong readers for, and then I look around for my glasses. It could be finished by Christmas.

Edited by nokat
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Yes, it's September 5th. Yes, I'm posting in the Holiday Commercials thread.

Because, just a moment ago, there was already an Airwick ad that talked about "this holiday season"!

IT'S NOT EVEN MID-SEPTEMBER. Summer is not OFFICIALLY over!

I like the holidays, but this is BEYOND ridiculous!

To be fair, "Holiday Commercials" doesn't mean Christmas (though clearly yours was), so posting in this thread in September (the month before Halloween and Canadian Thanksgiving, and only 2 months before American Thanksgiving) isn't some unforgivable sin even if it hadn't been a Christmassy commercial.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I guess Labor Day is the new Black Friday (ushering in the Christmas holiday season). 

Re craft stores having Christmas projects out in July, that's fine, but they also have trees and ornaments and other decor for sale too.  

Edited by Haleth
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Love 1

Hallmark Christmas Movies started on October 21st and will last into the first week in January. They did the same thing last year, so that meant no Monk for me all that time. This year COZI is airing Monk weekdays from 2-5 pm ET. At least that's better than nothing.

• Sad 1
  • Applause 1

There's a Halloween ad for Kit Kat/Reese's (I think) where the kids dressed in regular costumes get one piece of candy each, but the girl dressed up in the Kit Kat/Reese's costume gets both.  She says "See ya later, boys" which kinda irritates me, but not as much as the fact that none of those kids said thank you.  Maybe I'm old...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, madmax said:

There's a Halloween ad for Kit Kat/Reese's (I think) where the kids dressed in regular costumes get one piece of candy each, but the girl dressed up in the Kit Kat/Reese's costume gets both.  She says "See ya later, boys" which kinda irritates me, but not as much as the fact that none of those kids said thank you.  Maybe I'm old...

and what annoys me is that she gave one person 2 candies and the others just 1

• Like 1
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

That's because she was wearing the advertisers products.

yeah, i know, but i don't like it

trick or treat should not be a costume contest and the object is fun, not making some kids feel bad

• Like 3
On 10/29/2022 at 10:45 AM, madmax said:

I have to agree about the lack of a "Thank you." On top of that, the girl dressed as the candy doesn't even bother to say, "Trick or Treat" either.

On 10/29/2022 at 11:51 AM, Tom Holmberg said:

Saw a Walmart Christmas ad.  Wait for Halloween to be over at least!

I've been seeing Nordstrom Rack and Old Navy ads for three weeks. They want that Christmas cash ASAP.

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/2bBO/nordstrom-rack-winter-save-up-to-70-off

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/2gnU/old-navy-season-of-giving-not-sorry-featuring-jennifer-coolidge

• Sad 2
On 10/13/2022 at 6:04 PM, Popples said:

While the Geico horror film commercial is probably the best Halloween commercials, I think my second favorite is the M&Ms one.

I just saw the M&M one the other day, on some DVR'd stuff, and it kinda creeped me out, LOL. I mean, seriously, it's bad enough that the chocolate is presented as sentient beings; now apparently they can also be ghosts?? I have enough life problems without feeling like I've murdered chocolate...

• LOL 8

I really love the Christmas one with the kid running from the hundreds of cats, because he's carrying cat treats (Temptations, maybe?)

I assumed they were cat treats, because the Boy Scout leader running away in the woods shows cat treats, so I guessed the holiday one also has wrapped cat treats.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I really love the Christmas one with the kid running from the hundreds of cats, because he's carrying cat treats (Temptations, maybe?)

I thought it was because he'd shaken a Christmas present which sounded like shaking a container of cat treats?

• Like 1

With supply chain issues it might be January before a buyer gets their stuff.  I ordered furniture on Labor Day and it just arrived to the warehouse yesterday.  (It wasn't custom.)

Edited by Haleth
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

There is a new Christmas Commercial that is so sweet.  Two young girls have rivaling Hot  Cocoa Stands across the street from each other and they keep trying to out decorate/advertise each other, big and bigger Hot Cocoa signs. One day one of the girls looks across the street and the other looks abandoned. In a minute the other girl shows up with a bag of marshmallows and gives it to the first girl they hug. Camara pans across the street and her sign now says Marshmallows. There is a tag line, can't quite remember something about Joy and love and sharing at Christmas. 

I have only seen it 2-3 times and will fix the quote next time I see it.  The story is just so sweet.

Edited by Gramto6
  • Like 2
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

There is a new Christmas Commercial that is so sweet.  Two young girls have rivaling Hot  Cocoa Stands across the street from each other and they keep trying to out decorate/advertise each other, big and bigger Hot Cocoa signs. One day one of the girls looks across the street and the other looks abandoned. In a minute the other girl shows up with a bag of marshmallows and gives it to the first girl they hug. Camara pans across the street and her sign now says Marshmallows. There is a tag line, can't quite remember something about Joy and love and sharing at Christmas. 

I have only seen it 2-3 times and will fix the quote next time I see it.  The story is just so sweet.

Here it is: Hobby Lobby TV Spot

I wish I could like it, but knowing it's done by Hobby Lobby, completely ruins it for me.

• Applause 6
  • Love 8

For the first time this season, the Hershey Kisses bells just played! And not the horrible psyche-out version. The classic original. Yay! (Fitting, since we are expecting our first inch of snow tonight. To think it was 70 last week!)

Also saw the M&Ms Christmas ad with Santa last night, too!

So, I'm happy.

44 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

I saw the Hershey Kisses bells!!!!!  The original.  It's officially Christmas time.

Great minds! I just typed the same thing!

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, merylinkid said:

It's officially Christmas time.

It's mid-November!  We haven't even had Thanksgiving yet.  Even if I like the commercial, movie, or song - which I usually don't - I hate Christmas stuff before December (that a one-day holiday takes up a whole month is bad enough).

• Like 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 4
On 11/1/2022 at 4:58 PM, captain1 said:

This year’s Kroger holiday ad has me feeling all the feels.

I love this one! I'd seen only a shortened version from Dillons (owned by Kroger), so glad to see the full version.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Bastet said:

It's mid-November!  We haven't even had Thanksgiving yet.  Even if I like the commercial, movie, or song - which I usually don't - I hate Christmas stuff before December (that a one-day holiday takes up a whole month is bad enough).

It's not a one-day holiday. It's over a month! There's Advent, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day if you have British relatives, and the Twelve Days of Christmas ending with Epiphany on January 6. As long as it's after Hallowe'en, and not more than two weeks before (American) Thanksgiving, I'm all for it!

• Like 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, zoey1996 said:

It's not a one-day holiday. It's over a month! There's Advent, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day if you have British relatives, and the Twelve Days of Christmas ending with Epiphany on January 6.

That's the religious Christmas.  The secular Santa, presents, and family dinner Christmas is what these commercials are about.

• Applause 2
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Prevailing Wind said:

And THAT is only one day.

I respectfully disagree. It's a Christmas season, whether secular or religious. We have pre-Christmas office parties, lunches or dinners with friends, family gatherings on days near Dec. 25 if we can't get together on THE day, etc.

• Like 2
  • Love 5

I like the M & M commercial for Halloween, and the Santa meets the M & M's at the Christmas tree. 

I didn't notice Pet Smart airing the Christmas one with all of the little pets, like the Guinea Pig in the tiny Santa hat at the end.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama