Type keyword(s) to search

Holiday and Seasonal Commercials

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, InDueTime said:

I saw the original Hershey's kiss bells ad two days ago. I wonder if they'll show the other version this year. I didn't mind it, but it definitely riled up others on here.

Yes, it did. I like the original so much more.

• Like 6
On 11/22/2023 at 4:59 PM, Kimmmmmm said:

I think it would.  What makes it touching to me is the ladies reliving a happy time from their childhoods.

Except the last few times I've seen it, that part was cut!! 😡

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
16 hours ago, InDueTime said:

I saw the original Hershey's kiss bells ad two days ago. I wonder if they'll show the other version this year. I didn't mind it, but it definitely riled up others on here.

I was so happy when I saw the commercial, but I held my breath for a moment, dreading the other version.  I was so relieved when that didn't happen.

• Like 4
16 hours ago, InDueTime said:

I didn't, either.  I like that they keep the original in rotation as well, since it's cute in its simplicity, but I do not share an iota of the outrage over the newer version.

15 hours ago, Kimmmmmm said:

Yeah, I saw the shorter version yesterday at my parents' house.  The commercial started, I asked my mom if she'd seen it and she hadn't, so I was excited, and then it turned out to be the version without showing them as kids.  My mom still loved it, but that scene adds so much -- as I said in another thread, the years just fall away as they slide down that hill, and for that wonderful moment, they feel just like they did as worry-free kids.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, Bastet said:

I didn't, either.  I like that they keep the original in rotation as well, since it's cute in its simplicity, but I do not share an iota of the outrage over the newer version.

Yeah, I saw the shorter version yesterday at my parents' house.  The commercial started, I asked my mom if she'd seen it and she hadn't, so I was excited, and then it turned out to be the version without showing them as kids.  My mom still loved it, but that scene adds so much -- as I said in another thread, the years just fall away as they slide down that hill, and for that wonderful moment, they feel just like they did as worry-free kids.

It is on YouTube, at least... the entire ad.

I have an irrational hatred for the BMW commercial with the little girl asking her parents how Santa gets presents to everyone all on one day.  I can't pinpoint why it makes me so stabby, but it does.  Of course, hearing at the end that you can lease that car for $700 a month doesn't help.  so glad to know it comes with priority parking and extra storage.  🙄

• Applause 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Bastet said:

It's not that the second commercial is bad, it's the bait-and-switch part that stinks.  I actually like that newer commercial as a stand alone, but find it annoying when it jarringly cuts off the nice and pleasant ringing of the Hershey's kisses bells

• Like 6
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 2
1 hour ago, Madding crowd said:

Oh, that's well done -- moving without being overdone.  All of us who've watched a loved one in the grips of dementia can recognize at least some of those looks and conversations.  I love the scene at the drive-in, where the granddaughter relays Grandpa's story that this is where he first kissed Grandma, and we learn nope, she leaned over and planted one on him. 

• Like 4
  • Love 3
On 11/25/2023 at 9:24 PM, Madding crowd said:

Ok, I have tears streaming down my face.  That was beautiful.  My neighbor is dealing with this right now and it's incredibly painful to see.

On a lighter note, I saw the M&M's "he does exist!" commercial last night.  I guess they waited until after Thanksgiving to run it.

Edited by Haleth
  • Like 3
  • Love 2
On 11/14/2023 at 9:45 PM, peacheslatour said:

He's blocking the Barbie aisle from his view. Eww gross, girls.

Nah, he's blocking the toy aisles in general.

On 11/22/2023 at 4:59 PM, Kimmmmmm said:

I think it would.  What makes it touching to me is the ladies reliving a happy time from their childhoods.

I probably wouldn't have even noticed it, though, if it weren't for the song.  I don't particularly like the Beatles, but I love song.

On 11/23/2023 at 10:08 PM, Kimmmmmm said:

I only just saw the long version this weekend.  Most channels I've been watching only show the shorter one.

On 11/24/2023 at 4:45 PM, cynicat said:

It's not that the second commercial is bad, it's the bait-and-switch part that stinks.  I actually like that newer commercial as a stand alone, but find it annoying when it jarringly cuts off the nice and pleasant ringing of the Hershey's kisses bells

I thought they could've had a really cute commercial with the little girl and her dad making cookies with Hershey's Kisses without having to ruin the original.

On 11/26/2023 at 3:53 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

The Amazon Cyber Monday commercial is so cute, with the prancing llamas.   

I love the llamas!

• Like 3

The Christmas season is officially official for me, since today was the first sighting [here, anyway!] of the classic Hershey Kisses bells! And not the abomination of bellus interruptus!

(As I said, I have zero issue with the little girl or dad in theory, but edit it and make that a separate commercial!)

And, in addition, I also saw the Yellow and Red M&Ms embarking upon Santa, too. So, I'm happy!

Now, if only the Corona commercial with someone whistling, "O Christmas Tree" would air!

(As an aside, I saw a discussion above about the new Amazon holiday ad with the llamas. I love that, too!)

• Like 4
  • Love 3
On 11/29/2023 at 8:57 AM, chessiegal said:

I've seen the Corona ad with the lighted palm tree. Feliz Navidad.

I saw it too. 

Also, maybe it's just me, but it seems like a lot of holiday ads are using "The Best of My Love" in them.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
On 11/29/2023 at 7:57 AM, chessiegal said:

I've seen the Corona ad with the lighted palm tree. Feliz Navidad.

I haven't seen that one yet! Darn! 

Oh yeah the Amazon ad does become an ear worm every time I hear it. But I love it anyway!

• Like 2

Love the "Dondesta Santa Clause" Llamas, just wish it went longer! I want more Llamas dancing!

I hear the Folgers Incest ad is back in rotation although I haven't seen it.

Love the palm trees. Not a fan of the Chewy dog ads. Dogs are like children, they shouldn't be allowed to run amok. 

Not sure about Natasha Lyonne for Old Navy.

And....I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Capital Card with John Travolta!  It is awesome! Hello Donna Pescow!

• Like 4

I love the Hobby Lobby commercials, with the son that fixes the house up for Christmas, and the little girl that makes the sweater for the just shorn sheep.   

I haven't seen it run this year, but the palm tree with lights and O Christmas Tree playing is adorable, I guess it's for beer? 

The new coca-cola one with Santa driving the truck is  cute  but I still miss their previous ones, especially the polar bear ones. 

The Doritos/Pepsi one with the snowman playing snowball catch with the dog, and then raiding the fridge is adorable. 

I can't stand to watch the Greenies commercial where the dog grabs the stick arm off of the snowman, and the snowman screams.    

Unfortunately, before today I only saw my beloved Hershey Kiss bell ringer original, then they showed the new one with turning the bells into cookies twice in a row.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
On 11/21/2023 at 9:26 PM, peacheslatour said:

I want to see the Chewy commercial where the dog grabs the stick off of the snowman and it screams and the little kid falls face first in a dead faint. It's a nice little palate cleanser from all the sappiness.

Speaking of snowmen...

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
11 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Still haven't seen the Corona commercial, darn I like that one! And sadly, I have seen the. "new" bells commercial, do not like that one!

I've seen the Corona one a lot.  They must show it frequently on the channels I've been watching.  I wanna say Game Show Network, maybe?

• Like 1

@peacheslatour & @chessiegal those are the channels I watch a lot!  WE, Sundance, ION and POP and the same shows you gals watch too!!  They must be showing when I'm not watching. I have the TV on from about 8AM to 10:30PM but am not in front of it all that time...it is background noise most of the time. How odd though that I haven't seen it at all yet.

Edited by Gramto6
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, chessiegal said:

I watch a lot of NCIS so it could be WE or Sundance.

Or Ion also

Just now, jennifer6973 said:

Or Ion also

If I'm not watching those channels and seeing those commercials, I'm watching HGTV/Magnolia and seeing some of there also.

• Like 1

I didn't even know there was an extended version of the Macy's Christmas commercial...have only seen the 2 shorter versions on TV.  I was in my local Macys store yesterday and they were playing this version.  It stopped me in my tracks! 

• Love 10
25 minutes ago, Rock73 said:

I didn't even know there was an extended version of the Macy's Christmas commercial...have only seen the 2 shorter versions on TV.  I was in my local Macys store yesterday and they were playing this version.  It stopped me in my tracks! 

No wonder! In the massively truncated one I always see, it only shows him covering his eyes when he goes by the Barbie display.

• Like 3

I am getting sick to death of the Kroger ad with the exchange students.  The first times I saw it I thought it was sweet, but after several hundred viewings I'm just sick of it and Ed's song.  Go away!

• Like 1
On 12/15/2023 at 2:52 PM, Rock73 said:

The longer version really is sweet! I wish they'd show it once in a while on TV.  The short one is really cute too but not enough of the whole story!! Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1