Type keyword(s) to search

Holiday and Seasonal Commercials

• Start Topic

On 12/16/2023 at 11:11 PM, Gramto6 said:

The longer version really is sweet! I wish they'd show it once in a while on TV.  The short one is really cute too but not enough of the whole story!! Thanks for sharing!

I've seen the longer one on tv quite a few times.  Not as much as the shorter one, though.

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I wish they'd show the long version more often.

Yes, this one and the Macy's ad are two situations where the shorter version is vastly inferior to the original.  I still see the original Macy's here and there, but with the Amazon one it's always the shorter one now.  And that one really pisses me off, because how do you decide to take out the very best scene in the entire commercial?!

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
45 minutes ago, dleighg said:

for the Macy's ad, are people talking about the two little boys and the T'giving day parade (they showed (I presume) the long one before the beginning of the T'giving day parade)

No, they're talking about the young boy bringing Santa Claus slippers "for after work."

• Like 3

Finally!! It is Christmas day and I finally see the Corona ad on BBC. In fact so far I've now seen it 3 times there! They are going to have to show it a lot more to make up for all the time I didn't see it!! LOL

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
10 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Finally!! It is Christmas day and I finally see the Corona ad on BBC. In fact so far I've now seen it 3 times there! They are going to have to show it a lot more to make up for all the time I didn't see it!! LOL

I never saw it but after I went to bed I could hear it on the tv in the living room.  Does that count?

• Like 3
38 minutes ago, Prevailing Wind said:

I have a friend who lives in New Orleans. He took a picture in Wal-Mart on Xmas Eve - the Mardi Gras stuff was already out.

I have an X-mas shirt that says "happy almost mardi gras."

Edited by jcbrown
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 7
On 12/26/2023 at 3:00 PM, Tom Holmberg said:

Christmas is over...Now it's back to Medicare and Lawyers!!

That, plus all of the political ads until November.

• Sad 2
  • Useful 2

AND, of course, being a leap year, we get an EXTRA DAY of the political ads.  Well, actually, an extra day of ALL the ads, but I consider the campaigns "seasonal" ads.

I've seen commercials for Hungry Root, et al. now, too - probably as New Year's Resolutions.

• Like 2

My state has an election every single year.  Political ads are inescapable.  And I hate all of them all of the time, but especially when I vote early.

• Like 4
  • Fire 2
4 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

We don't get very many political ads here

Yeah I'm guessing you live in either a very blue, or very red, state, as do I. Hardly any ads. Not missing them. 

• Like 2
18 hours ago, dleighg said:

Yeah I'm guessing you live in either a very blue, or very red, state, as do I. Hardly any ads. Not missing them. 

I live in a solidly blue state but unfortunately one of our senators is retiring so the local stations are running commercials for the various candidates trying to replace him.  Not as bad as when there are ones from multiple parties running, but still something I could do without.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
6 minutes ago, proserpina65 said:

I live in a solidly blue state but unfortunately one of our senators is retiring so the local stations are running commercials for the various candidates trying to replace him.  Not as bad as when there are ones from multiple parties running, but still something I could do without.

Same, solidly blue but our Governor is retiring so we'll probably get more this year.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2
On 12/26/2023 at 8:24 PM, Prevailing Wind said:

I have a friend who lives in New Orleans. He took a picture in Wal-Mart on Xmas Eve - the Mardi Gras stuff was already out.

The first Mardi Gras parades are on the traditional starting date of the season--January 6th.  And, the actual Mardi Gras is early this year coming on February 13th.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
13 minutes ago, SoMuchTV said:

No comments on Super Bowl ads yet? There have been a few that I think I would appreciate more if I actually knew who those people are. 

My SIL just called & said the same thing. Who ARE these people?  She turned off the TV & is reading. Her daughter works at a supermarket and worked from 10 last night til 6 this AM, getting snacks ready for the SuperBowl shoppers. She said the refrigerators are FILLED with chicken.

I didn’t hate the E*Trade babies playing pickleball. 

And, it seems like the ads with the celebrities I already know are doing a pretty good job of identifying them. 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, DanaK said:

I thought the Arnold Schwarzenegger State Farm ad was funny

It didn't really do it for me until the end:

"You are a backstabba."
"I'm a backstabber."

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
58 minutes ago, DanaK said:

I thought the Arnold Schwarzenegger State Farm ad was funny

I may not know who all the young whippersnappers are, but this one earned an extra chuckle because I knew that Arnold and Danny were “twins”. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

I get very tired of "humorous"ads with lots of destruction in them. It seemed there were several tonight, though I can't remember what they were advertising. Isn't there enough real life destruction from floods, war, tornadoes, fires that we need to see kids and football players rampaging through markets, little old ladies destroying grocery stores, etc, for fun/heartwarming "awwws"? No, I don't like. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Red Bridey said:

I get very tired of "humorous"ads with lots of destruction in them. It seemed there were several tonight, though I can't remember what they were advertising. Isn't there enough real life destruction from floods, war, tornadoes, fires that we need to see kids and football players rampaging through markets, little old ladies destroying grocery stores, etc, for fun/heartwarming "awwws"? No, I don't like. 

The kid and the various NFL players were not actually rampaging through the market in Ghana.  It was only a kid living in his own little world walking around his hometown and a dog that knows what's up.  I thought the full commercial was cute, and I loved the glimpse of Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah watching the kid from a balcony in one of his resplendent fits.

12 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

I may not know who all the young whippersnappers are, but this one earned an extra chuckle because I knew that Arnold and Danny were “twins”. 

I actually laughed out loud at the end of that one. 

Surprisingly, I liked the Dunkin one, but mostly because of Matt Damon's reactions.  The BMW one with Christopher Walken cracked me up.  I also liked the T-Mobile ad.  And of course I liked the Clydesdales and the doggy.

The couch potato one was just a little creepy, but if there was one I despised, I don't remember it.  There were some stupid ones (Dr. Umstick) as usual, but none I'd go diving for the remote over.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Browncoat said:

Surprisingly, I liked the Dunkin one, but mostly because of Matt Damon's reactions. 

Yeah, his reactions are what sold it for me.  I did like the Mayo Cat one, the Uber Eats commercial with Jennifer Aniston, and the Stok Cold Brew commercial with Anthony Hopkins as the Wrexham Dragon.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

the Stok Cold Brew commercial with Anthony Hopkins as the Wrexham Dragon.

I missed that one!

I also liked the Pfizer one, just for including so many women in science.

1 hour ago, Dirtybubble said:

And seeing Pete Davidson in there was an extra bonus.  

That was funny.

Oh, I was just reminded of the Kia one with the little girl ice skating for her grandfather.  I liked that one a lot.

• Like 2
19 hours ago, Browncoat said:

Surprisingly, I liked the Dunkin one, but mostly because of Matt Damon's reactions. 

I saw that one again yesterday.  They cut out Tom Brady.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2

I enjoy all the Dunkin commercials with Ben Affleck in it.  I've never seen the one with Jennifer Lopez in it as well but this one with the Ben, Matt, and Tom is just too cute!  Love the matching wind breaker outfits 😄

• Like 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

I enjoy all the Dunkin commercials with Ben Affleck in it.  I've never seen the one with Jennifer Lopez in it as well but this one with the Ben, Matt, and Tom is just too cute!  Love the matching wind breaker outfits 😄

I don’t know how many were sold but I read that the outfits sold out within 19 minutes after being available.

Eta additional source

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/super-bowl-effect-ben-afflecks-173553744.html

IMG_7355.jpeg

Edited by stewedsquash
  • Useful 2