Type keyword(s) to search

Holiday and Seasonal Commercials

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Colleenna said:

That type of commercial,  where the pet grows old, always makes me sad. I want my critters to live forever. 

In that commercial, that dog nearly does. It's got to be close to 20 years old, which is forever in Lab years.  I like the commercial, but it's unrealistic for a Lab to be around more than about 10-12 years.  

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Dirtybubble said:

The Farmers Dog one was my favorite ❤️

I didn't see a lot of the commercials, and I haven't yet looked them up, but of those I saw, that was the only one I liked.  But she's either a good deal older when she gets the puppy than she looks to me (entirely possible, as I'm terrible at guessing kids' ages) or she gets married and has a kid really young for the dog to still be alive at the end.  I don't think it adds up, no matter how healthy the food is. 

At any rate, though, I teared up at the part where she's tearing up, having to temporarily say good-bye when she heads off to college.

• Like 4
On 2/12/2023 at 8:14 PM, SnarkShark said:

Geez.  You know the Superb Owl commercials were bad when Bradley Cooper and his Mom were the best commercial. 

The Bradley cooper one made me laugh.  I loved her pointing out he hasn't won any awards.  

On 2/13/2023 at 12:44 PM, Crashcourse said:

My favorite Super Bowl commercial was the Breaking Bad one with Walt, Jesse.....and Tuco! 😄

I had recently quoted Tuco saying, "Tight! Tight! Tight!" in the Love After Lockup live chat, so this made me happy.  Ok, so there it was from us learning that someone got "table high" from his own supply, but still . . . .

• Like 2
On 2/13/2023 at 8:17 AM, merylinkid said:

Oh no, I loved the TMobile Internet one with John Travolta.   I actually stood up and cheered at that one.  

You can tell GenX is now in charge of marketing for the companies.   Oh the nostalgia, the nostalgia.  

I just don't vibe with selling mobile internet using some ancient Scientologist and the Scrubs dudes hacking a classic song to pieces.   But to each their own thing.

• Useful 2
15 hours ago, Browncoat said:

I saw the Cadbury bunny tryouts one today!  

I was just wondering if anyone had seen it yet.  Yay!  Knowing it's still being aired makes me inexplicably happy.

Aaaaand, I just saw it too!

Edited by Haleth
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
On 2/15/2023 at 6:10 PM, SnarkShark said:

I just don't vibe with selling mobile internet using some ancient Scientologist and the Scrubs dudes hacking a classic song to pieces.   But to each their own thing.

Travolta is 69 and I don’t consider that ancient plus he is the original singer of that song so I think he has a right to sing it. In general most of the Super Bowl commercials are about catching attention and humor rather than being specific about a product. I like seeing people of all ages on TV .

• Like 9
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, cinsays said:

they show their name at the end

All I see is the "P" logo.  What's weird is the bags of flour & sugar folded down, so you can't see the Publix name there, either.  But I think it's a charming commercial.

• Like 2
On 5/1/2023 at 7:01 PM, Prevailing Wind said:

Happy Mother's Day from Publix ...

All the Mother's Day cologne and jewelry ads are starting to fill the airwaves.  The cologne ads are the worse - beautiful women doing inexplicable things.

• Like 6
2 hours ago, Tom Holmberg said:

All the Mother's Day cologne and jewelry ads are starting to fill the airwaves.  The cologne ads are the worse - beautiful women doing inexplicable things.

...Which is why a new dad getting help from mom-in-law to make breakfast for the new mom is so refreshing.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

...Which is why a new dad getting help from mom-in-law to make breakfast for the new mom is so refreshing.

As a kid I never had to buy my mother Mother's Day presents because I was actually born on Mother's Day and I told her I was her Mother's Day present. :)

Edited by Tom Holmberg
  • Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 4
5 hours ago, Tom Holmberg said:

As a kid I never had to buy my mother Mother's Day presents because I was actually born on Mother's Day and I told her I was her Mother's Day present. :)

Haha, at some point did she go from “that’s so cute” to “I brought you into this world, I can take you out”?

• Like 2
  • LOL 8
19 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

Haha, at some point did she go from “that’s so cute” to “I brought you into this world, I can take you out”?

Well, I WAS the gift that kept on giving!  Actually she tended to tell me to go play on the expressway.

• LOL 9
16 hours ago, mmecorday said:

Those Time-Life Treasury of Christmas commercials always started up in September. Mom and I would also bet on who would see it first. 

We had a home video from the late '80s where my father was videotaping me (around age 12) opening my birthday presents in early October when suddenly "It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas" began playing from the TV.  I started yelling at the TV, "NO, it's NOT!  SHUT UP!"  My father quickly panned to the TV and filmed the commercial so that my grandparents or anyone else they showed the video wouldn't need an explanation.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 9

I actually think that Kit Kat ad is funny, where the little kid says he likes Halloween because people give him Kit Kats for free, and his father says, "Son, you're eight, all your Kit Kats are free!" 

• Like 2
  • LOL 7
18 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

I just realized I haven't seen any Halloween commercials yet.  Haven't they usually started running those by now?

Omigosh, you're right!  Usually we get them right after Labor Day.  The M&M ones come to mind.  Don't tell me we are skipping right over Halloween and going right for Christmas now!

• Mind Blown 1
4 hours ago, Haleth said:

Omigosh, you're right!  Usually we get them right after Labor Day.  The M&M ones come to mind.  Don't tell me we are skipping right over Halloween and going right for Christmas now!

Funny you should say that. I just, this minute saw a Glade commercial, set to the tune of Jingle Bells and it appeared that the people's house was covered, wall to wall, floor to ceiling in Christmas decor. Ugh.

• Like 7

I think Geico usually airs its Halloween commercials for the month of October, so those should be coming soon.  I can't wait to relive the glory that is the horror movie spoof.  "Why can't we just get in the running car?" and "Head for the cemetery!" are perfect, and it's the expression on the killer's face when they hide behind the chainsaws and make a bunch of noise ("You're breathing on me!") that makes it art.

• Like 5
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Bastet said:

I think Geico usually airs its Halloween commercials for the month of October, so those should be coming soon.  I can't wait to relive the glory that is the horror movie spoof.  "Why can't we just get in the running car?" and "Head for the cemetery!" are perfect, and it's the expression on the killer's face when they hide behind the chainsaws and make a bunch of noise ("You're breathing on me!") that makes it art.

I love that it has become a classic! Still hasn't gotten old for me.

• Like 10

I just realized I haven't seen any Halloween commercials yet.  Haven't they usually started running those by now?

Not exactly a Halloween commercial, but I did see the Tootsie Pop commercial with the kid asking various animals how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie pop about a dozen times while watching "Mike & Molly" on TVLand yesterday. That commercial has been around at least 40 years and it seems to air more around Halloween time. 

• Like 2
On 9/22/2023 at 9:29 PM, DXD526 said:

I actually think that Kit Kat ad is funny, where the little kid says he likes Halloween because people give him Kit Kats for free, and his father says, "Son, you're eight, all your Kit Kats are free!" 

Now that I see the description, I realize I have seen this one.  And possibly the Reese's one.  But no M&Ms yet or Horseless Headsman.

Good info about the Geico Halloween commercials.  I'm really looking forward to them.

• Like 1
On 10/25/2023 at 5:44 AM, Haleth said:

Ahh, the Christmas commercials have finally overtaken Halloween ones.  I saw the former followed by the latter yesterday.

Agreed. In fact, I don't even think I saw any ads for Halloween costumes this year. Just candy and horror themed movie marathon ads. I don't know if some new corporate heads are against the holiday or what.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
23 minutes ago, InDueTime said:

Agreed. In fact, I don't even think I saw any ads for Halloween costumes this year. Just candy and horror themed movie marathon ads. I don't know if some new corporate heads are against the holiday or what.

Same here, I don't remember any costume ads this year either. Most were candy ads and the horror movies... Used to be all sorts of costume companies advertising, I guess most were local, but nada this year.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1