Type keyword(s) to search

Holiday and Seasonal Commercials

• Start Topic

I love the Amazon commercial with the little girl and the snow globe, and her dad shreds a lot of paper, and turns the greenhouse into the inside of a snow globe for her. 

I can't watch the Greenies one with the Snowman.   They should have left the screaming out when the dog takes the stick arm to chew on.  

I was so happy when I saw the Hershey Kisses bells original commercial, and was hoping the other version was gone, but then they just played it, and it was the new version I can't stand.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

WTH is up with that Philly Cream Cheese ad where people are chomping down on everything?

It looks like it's referencing one of those "Everything is Cake" videos that are all over YouTube.

When seeing that Philly Cream Cheese ad, I think about all of the calories one would consume eating some of those cheesecake "creations."

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
On 11/17/2022 at 6:58 AM, Kimmmmmm said:

Can't change the channel fast enough when that Old Navy ad comes on with that screeching Jenniifer Coolidge

I was just coming to complain about this stupid commercial. Hate. HAAAATE. But also, why does she end by singing, "sorry not sorry!" What is she not sorry for? The incredibly terrible commercial?

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
19 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I think with some football  player?

Could be, but I've seen her with they guy who played Trevor on The Good Place (and is apparently on some current show I've never watched): Adam Scott.

• Useful 1
13 hours ago, Phebemarie said:

This seems to be the year of the metrosexual Santa.  First Jon Hamm, now this Kris Kringle and his too hip for the North Pole ensemble.          

I seem to recall a Santa just like this last year. Was that Rakuten also?

• Love 1
On 11/23/2022 at 6:57 PM, Thomas Crown said:

A sentimental favorite for me. I'm guessing this one is from the late 80s.  

Oh, I loved this. Still do! Thanks for unearthing this after so many years! Someone in the comments detailed working on this commercial, which was pretty cool!

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, chessiegal said:

I assume the poster is talking about the one where the kisses are unceremoniously plucked to be used for peanut blossom cookies. Those cookies are delicious!

Ahhh, I don't think I've seen that one yet but I'll keep an eye out for it.

8 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

Twice this morning I have seen the Hershey's Bells abomination.

Yeah, saw that yesterday. I had just started letting my guard down, thinking MAYBE only the "good" Christmas Kisses commercial was being shown this year (as - until yesterday! - that was the only one airing!). Then that damned hand appeared. Sigh! LOL!

Oh, well.

• Sad 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 4
On 11/25/2022 at 1:07 PM, chessiegal said:

I assume the poster is talking about the one where the kisses are unceremoniously plucked to be used for peanut blossom cookies. Those cookies are delicious!

Yay! I'm glad they're still airing both versions. I enjoy the updated one...the little girl is adorable :)

• Like 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Giuseppe said:

Yay! I'm glad they're still airing both versions. I enjoy the updated one...the little girl is adorable :)

Yeah, the little girl is cute, but she doesn't make up for the abomination of trashing the original ad with some "modern" music. Besides, it's the "Whew!" kiss she picks up. Damn her.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
On 11/25/2022 at 1:07 PM, chessiegal said:

They are, and Hershey's could've made a really cute commercial with the little girl and her father making them.  No need to destroy the original commercial in the process.

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 7
  • Love 6
On 11/20/2022 at 9:24 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I love the Amazon commercial with the little girl and the snow globe, and her dad shreds a lot of paper, and turns the greenhouse into the inside of a snow globe for her. 

Am I the only person who finds this commercial sad? I mean, yes, it's wonderful that the father creates a giant snow globe for his daughter, but I've always assumed that the snow globe has some relationship to the mother who's no longer in the picture (either through death or divorce). I assume we're shown the framed picture of the father, mother, and daughter for a reason.

Maybe I'm reading this all wrong? 

• Like 3
  • Love 4

I hadn't noticed that detail; I'll have to pay more attention next time. I dislike the snow globe commercial for a different reason. A bunch of confetti in a greenhouse is not snow! It just makes a mess! I wanted to see him drive an hour or two to see real snow (note in my imagination that is possible).

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
33 minutes ago, Jordan Baker said:

Am I the only person who finds this commercial sad? I mean, yes, it's wonderful that the father creates a giant snow globe for his daughter, but I've always assumed that the snow globe has some relationship to the mother who's no longer in the picture (either through death or divorce). I assume we're shown the framed picture of the father, mother, and daughter for a reason.

No. I thought the same. I actually came here thinking the conversation would be in the tearjerker thread. 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, dleighg said:

I hadn't noticed that detail; I'll have to pay more attention next time. I dislike the snow globe commercial for a different reason. A bunch of confetti in a greenhouse is not snow! It just makes a mess! I wanted to see him drive an hour or two to see real snow (note in my imagination that is possible).

It's perfectly possible depending on where you live.

• Love 1

My guess on the Amazon turning the green house into a snow globe is that the mother is deployed.   That's the happier outcome, and I'm sticking with it.   Also, at dinner the kid puts the snow globe where the mother usually sits, and lots of military kids do that while the parents are gone.   

THe Hobby Lobby with the two girls with the Hot Cocoa and Marshmallow stands in a lot cuter with the longer version.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 3
  • Useful 2

Maybe I'm overthinking it, but this Wendy's ad bugs me. First, you're an adult, and that's bad customer service. Also, even if there was a chance that he's the real Santa Claus, even Santa would like a break from having people sit on his lap to eat his Frosty in peace.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, InDueTime said:

Maybe I'm overthinking it, but this Wendy's ad bugs me. First, you're an adult, and that's bad customer service. Also, even if there was a chance that he's the real Santa Claus, even Santa would like a break from having people sit on his lap to eat his Frosty in peace.

The ad bugs me too.  What a weirdo.  The sound the little creepy counter server makes as he helps himself to Santa's lap is cringey too.

• Like 1

Charles Barkley is adorable, and his cookie is cute, but all I see in that Dick’s ad is an asshole who won’t put her phone down while also disrupting the class, that I am assuming she paid for.

Shop on your own time, lady!

• Like 1
  • Love 3

A quick note about the Amazon commercial. I find it sweet but sad, too. I know they usually have longer forms of their holiday commercials, so I looked it up two or three weeks ago. The puzzling thing is in the  long commercial, when he sits the snowglobe down by the photo, it’s just a photo of him and his daughter. Which is completely weird, because it changes the whole vibe that you get from the short commercial. Maybe they have re-edited it — I haven’t gone back to look lately and I’m in a rush to get out of the house tight now.

The longer ad is nice because you see that several of his neighbors help him put everything together: one gives him leftover newspapers, another one has some tools, One of the ones who donated an item is actually outside of the greenhouse and is the one who flips the lights.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 3
On 11/23/2022 at 5:57 PM, Thomas Crown said:

A sentimental favorite for me. I'm guessing this one is from the late 80s.  

It's commercials like this and Snuggle Bear to name a couple that made me not want to put my stuffed animals into a toy box. I thought they had thoughts/feelings and didn't want to them to be scared, alone or squished.

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, Dirtybubble said:

I saw this the other day and I didn't realize that was Lindsay Lohan!  She looks good and the commercial is cute.  I'll have to try this combination

I like the Pepsi goes with whatever commercials. I haven't seen this one. Are they channeling Laverne DeFazio? 😅

Edited by chessiegal
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
On 11/30/2022 at 4:41 PM, Jordan Baker said:

I love this ad, showing how much that father wants to bring joy to his little girl who is missing her mother ❤️❤️❤️

Edited by Kimmmmmm
Because I hadn't considered the "deployed" angle.