Type keyword(s) to search

Holiday and Seasonal Commercials

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Prevailing Wind said:

Hahahahaha ...

Open on Thanksgiving Day, Black Friday, Turkey Weekend, Cyber Monday, Giving Tuesday, Hanukkah, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day.

Buckle up and Driiiiive Safely!!

• Applause 3

I really like the songs used in the AT&T ad with the workers, Santa and Lily; the Kay Jewelers ad with the pretty dancing lady in the white tank-style dress; and the Chanel ad where that actress and man float off into space.

Not enough to actually look the songs up to see if I like the full versions, but those commercials are nice.

• Love 2

I think the M&Ms commercial is new.   One of the M&Ms brought the poor, freezing snowman inside to the party, and of course he starts melting.    Then, when the snowman's carrot nose falls off, the dog starts chewing on it. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 2

There's an LL Bean ad with a man ("William!") who has gone home for the holidays,  and he's narrating his visit. Toward the end,  he slips into his boots and coat and slips outside to enjoy the stars and the snow flurries and the solitude with and elderly  doggo. After a bit other people follow him outside.  Two thoughts:

1)  "Wait, what? I came outside to get away from you guys!" 

2) I love that sweet old doggo.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

I think I have a cold, mean, unfeeling heart made of  coal, because I just can't stand the holiday commercials by Shriner that seem to be the ONLY holiday/Christmas commercials. I get enough of them during the non-holiday season.

I loved the commercials during the 80s. The Folgers one with the brother arriving home late at night-Mom surprised to see him; some others I'm blanking on, where everyone-normal people-are celebrating. I don't care how moopy-schmoopy it is.

• Like 6
  • Wink 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I loved the commercials during the 80s. The Folgers one with the brother arriving home late at night-Mom surprised to see him; some others I'm blanking on, where everyone-normal people-are celebrating. I don't care how moopy-schmoopy it is.

I will always love when Peter comes home for Christmas.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Wow, I figured that was a spec ad, but it's an actual commercial J&B commissioned.

Apparently, the parent company, Diageo, has been consistently named as an ally of the LGBTQ community in recent years for its inclusive culture and this is just the latest public expression of that support:

Diageo’s ongoing LGBTQ+ support

Last month, Diageo’s chief HR officer Louise Prashad and chief marketing officer Cristina Diezhandino were named Top 50 Ally Executives on the Outstanding LGBT+ Role Model Lists by diversity and inclusion organization Involve. This is the eighth consecutive year that executives from the company have been featured on the list due to the inclusive culture the company has developed.

Diezhandino this year saw the Diageo Rainbow Network celebrate Pride with its largest flag-raising event across 85 sites, displaying the flag at distilleries, offices and production sites.

It also launched a partnership with the first national LGBTQ+ museum in the U.K. called Queer Britain and it became a founding sponsor of OutBritain, the U.K.’s first LGBTQ+ Chamber of Commerce to support businesses owned by members of the community with a target to increase its global spend with diverse-owned businesses to 15% by 2030.

“As part of Diageo’s ongoing commitment to creating a fairer, more inclusive society, we’re honored to support an archive that strives to reinforce that all-important sense of belonging and connection for the community,” commented Conor Brown, chairman of Diageo’s Rainbow Network Group when speaking about the Queer Britain partnership.

Diageo has already run several events this year, including a virtual Drag Bingo Session through its vodka brand Smirnoff for its North America Rainbow Network and a Learning for Life event aimed at upskilling across LGBTQ+ venues held at the Johnny Walker Experience in Edinburgh.

Smirnoff was also a sponsor of Toronto Pride in Canada where—for the first time—the vodka brand’s teams marched alongside The Liquor Control Board of Ontario (LCBO).

A happy hour called “Stories That Inspire” was held in Venezuela with Tamara Adrian, the first transgender person elected to office in the country, supported by Diageo’s Gordon’s Gin to share stories of human rights.

I don't like J&B (I object to blended Scotch), but Diageo also owns Bulleit, so I will support that way.  (They also own Tanqueray, Captain Morgan, and Ketel One, among others, FYI.)

Edited by Bastet
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 12/19/2022 at 9:09 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

I think I have a cold, mean, unfeeling heart made of  coal, because I just can't stand the holiday commercials by Shriner that seem to be the ONLY holiday/Christmas commercials. I get enough of them during the non-holiday season.

I've been watching a lot of Xmas movies on Lifetime these past few weeks since I'm somewhere that I don't have easy access to Halmark. I usually flip between both. I have Peacock and always forget that the live Hallmark Channels and movies (for three days after originally airing) are available there.

I mention all of that because on Lifetime there are usually a couple of St. Jude commercials with whatever famous people are in them at the end during each and every break. I do get that this is a time where they can probably get more people to make donations. The overload of how many times their commercials air during the length of movies people are usually watching to kind of escape can get depressing.

So I must be in the cold, mean, unfeeling heart made of coal heart club too.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
9 hours ago, Bastet said:

Wow, I figured that was a spec ad, but it's an actual commercial J&B commissioned.

Apparently, the parent company, Diageo, has been consistently named as an ally of the LGBTQ community in recent years for its inclusive culture and this is just the latest public expression of that support:

I don't like J&B (I object to blended Scotch), but Diageo also owns Bulleit, so I will support that way.  (They also own Tanqueray, Captain Morgan, and Ketel One, among others, FYI.)

They also own my favorite, George Dickel Tennessee Whisky. It doesn't say so on Diageo's website, but googling "Who owns the George Dickel Distillery?" many sites say Diageo.

https://www.georgedickel.com/

• Useful 1
7 hours ago, ForumLou said:

Does anyone know what the song is for the JC Penney ad?  Very upbeat, i really like it.  Something Joy, Comfort and Peace i think?  Thanks

Here's the link for the commercial. The song had not been identified yet. Didn't see InDueTime's post above.  Sounds like the same song, for the most part.

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/2CA3/jcpenney-joy-comfort-and-peace

Edited by Kimboweena
Didn't see previous post.
  • Like 2

On 12/22/2022 at 11:32 AM, ForumLou said:

Does anyone know what the song is for the JC Penney ad?  Very upbeat, i really like it.  Something Joy, Comfort and Peace i think?  Thanks

The Joy, Comfort and Peace song from what I found is associated with a music company named Breed Music which is based out of Texas. Their website shows other commercials they've done. It doesn't look like it's been updated in awhile though. Here's an article about the campaign's creation.

• Like 3

I don't understand the point of the Planters nut commercial.   It's Christmas themed, sort of Dickens, but it isn't entertaining for me at all. 

I like the Home Depot commercial, for their location that's closest to the North Pole, with the tiny elf gloves, and reindeer feed.   I like it. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 3

There's an ad playing a lot in which a woman is wailing some jazz song. I always rush into the room to hit the mute, but I don't see a product being promoted. I never seem to be in the room when the ad starts.

Glad I'm not the only one bothered by the frequency of the Shriners ad. I used to create PSA's for a nonprofit health foundation. We didn't pay for them (various TV stations produced them for us) so they weren't played at prime time. I'd like to think that Shriners has corporate donors paying for the ad time. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, annzeepark914 said:

There's an ad playing a lot in which a woman is wailing some jazz song. I always rush into the room to hit the mute, but I don't see a product being promoted. I never seem to be in the room when the ad starts.

Glad I'm not the only one bothered by the frequency of the Shriners ad. I used to create PSA's for a nonprofit health foundation. We didn't pay for them (various TV stations produced them for us) so they weren't played at prime time. I'd like to think that Shriners has corporate donors paying for the ad time. 

What does the woman look like?

Looks like Jennifer Coolidge is now in an after Xmas clearance Old Navy commercial.

• LOL 1
7 hours ago, mmecorday said:

Now the commercials are emphasizing how much better the meals are now. So they sucked before? Marie, you lied!

I have heard the prepared meals called "Gerbil food", so apparently they're not great.

I do like the Amazon ad where they're putting things away.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I have heard the prepared meals called "Gerbil food", so apparently they're not great.

I've seen people say in the home shopping forum here that they couldn't even attempt to eat the stuff unless someone else prepared it for them. I guess seeing it before and after is gnarly.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Prevailing Wind said:

I tried NutriSystems and the food was god-awful. Thank the Flying Spaghetti Monster the portions were so damn small, it wasn't enough to make you gag.  I cancelled after the first week. (The shakes were good, though.)

I believe you lose weight and keep it off due to portion control, and more importantly, through food aversion.

• LOL 8
On 12/26/2022 at 8:54 PM, scarletine said:

I don't know that I ever saw this commercial mentioned here this year, but this was my favorite one of the season. (This is the long version.)

I'm not crying. You're crying.  I never saw this one before.  Love it.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

First of all, abused and neglected animals is an important issue. That said, someone needs to tell the ASPCA that it's almost February. So, it's time to put the "First Noel" ad back on the shelf for the next 10 months and air a different ad.

Edited by InDueTime
  • Like 5
  • Applause 3
1 hour ago, mmecorday said:

Ditto that commercial for some allergy medicine that uses "The Most Wonderful Time of the Year." 

I know I've already weighed in on this but godammit, it's bad enough that one cannot escape the constant exposure to Christmas music from Halloween on but at least give us a break from Jan. until fall. 

• Like 3
47 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

I know I've already weighed in on this but godammit, it's bad enough that one cannot escape the constant exposure to Christmas music from Halloween on but at least give us a break from Jan. until fall. 

My only allowable exception was the Staples commercial which used "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" for back-to-school.  I loved that commercial.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2