Type keyword(s) to search

Holiday and Seasonal Commercials

• Start Topic

On 11/22/2021 at 8:49 PM, annzeepark914 said:

I dislike Xmas ads (especially when they're on before Halloween). But I saw a cute ad featuring a beautiful dog (collie or Shetland??) racing through the house, supposedly excited about Xmas. If an ad can be heartwarming, that's what this ad is (it warmed this Xmas curmudgeon's heart 😁).

It's an ad for Chewy...but of course!

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Yeah, I've only seen the newer one once. Maybe they got the message that we prefer the original.

I still haven't seen the new one and I consider myself lucky! The original plays regularly on some of the channels I watch.

• Love 1

The Hershey bells have been airing here pretty consistently since mid November. I think I saw the "updated" abomination twice, maybe three times at most. But 90% of the time, it is the classic. Thank God!

One I wish I saw more of (though I have seen it) is the M&Ms/Santa commercial.

I had no clue there was a sequel to that, by the way! Never, ever saw it aired, but I saw it on YT:

• Love 8

I saw the live Hershey's Kisses commercial last night played standalone, which is as it should be. When it isn't loudly and aggressively messing up the end of the classic one, it's just one more ad pitching its stuff as "family and fun" and I can just ignore it. 

• Love 2

Lexus has is not playing the regular music in the December to Remember ads and it’s very disconcerting.

While I have no use for a giant red bow or a Lexus, that music was always something that said Christmas to me.

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Lexus has is not playing the regular music in the December to Remember ads and it’s very disconcerting.

I haven't seen them yet, thankfully; I have a Lexus and am very happy with it, but every December I'm embarrassed to be associated with them thanks to those stupid big red bows.

• Love 1

I'm confused by the (GMC?) ad where the woman buys two things for the couple and then the man says, "I  bought us something, too" and takes her outside (of the house that looks like a correctional center/cell block) to a black truck & a red SUV. This is the third(?) year they're airing this ad. Are they using the same ad each year, with the same vehicles? Do GMCs not change in appearance?

Yeah, it's not remotely believable those sounds are coming from those bells, but I still smile every time that commercial comes on because of how totally into it the woman is.  Rock on with your bad self, Ms. Hammerschtein.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
(edited)

I guess this Samsung phone ad is supposed to be cute. But, I personally find the idea of a phone falling in love with its owner creepy. What's going to happen when she inevitably wants an upgrade? Will the phone get depressed? Possibly seek revenge? 

Edited by InDueTime
Spelling
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, InDueTime said:

I guess this Samsung phone ad is supposed to be cute. But, I personally find the idea of a phone falling in love with its owner creepy. What's going to happen when she inevitably wants an upgrade? Will the phone get depressed? Possibly seek revenge? 

OK officially scary...

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, Prevailing Wind said:

Sorry. It's the 2013 Joaquin Phoenix movie "Her."

My link worked.  Maybe it's your browser or a blocking mechanism.  Every time you access IMdB's website it records your history.  I hate that.  I have to clear it every time.

13 hours ago, InDueTime said:

Every time I hear that song, it reminds me of Weird Al Yankovic's "I Bought It On eBay" parody song!

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, CrystalBlue said:

My link worked.  Maybe it's your browser or a blocking mechanism.  Every time you access IMdB's website it records your history.  I hate that.  I have to clear it every time.

Every time I hear that song, it reminds me of Weird Al Yankovic's "I Bought It On eBay" parody song!

There are a whole bunch of songs I have that problem with.  I was a Weird Al fan as a teenager and my son was a superfan. We took him twice to see him. He had all of his albums. Whenever I hear any of the songs he parodied, I can't help but sing along with Weird Al's lyrics. Damn you, Weird Al.😂

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

There are a whole bunch of songs I have that problem with.  I was a Weird Al fan as a teenager and my son was a superfan. We took him twice to see him. He had all of his albums. Whenever I hear any of the songs he parodied, I can't help but sing along with Weird Al's lyrics. Damn you, Weird Al.😂

I had to actually look up what song was in the Samsung commercial, as I don't voluntarily listen to the Backstreet Boys!

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

OK officially scary...

Plus, it gets I Want It That Way stuck in my head every single time I see it.  And then go through the "Which 90s boy band is that?  Not New Kids on the Block, is it NSYNC?  Backstreet Boys? Argh!".  Every single time.

• LOL 2
19 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I’ve even heard that Don McLean has to fight the urge to sing Weird Al’s lyrics when he performs “American Pie” in concert.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

In the L.L. Bean ad where the guy gives the doggo a plaid shirt, did he buy the dog a new shirt, or give him the one he was laying on the whole time?  Because doggie doesn’t want a brand new shirt.  He wants the one that smells like bearded man.

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, mojoween said:

In the L.L. Bean ad where the guy gives the doggo a plaid shirt, did he buy the dog a new shirt, or the one he was laying on the whole time?  Because doggie doesn’t want a brand new shirt.  He wants the one that smells like bearded man.

New shirt or old, I can't get enough of that commercial.  It's just perfect.  (And if it isn't, I don't want to know!)  I choose to believe dog is getting the old shirt. 

Here's the commercial, and it looks like some outtakes are tagged on at the end,  

• Love 11

I love the Lincoln Aviator ad with the guy in California making snow to beat the band on the roof of his house - I stop what I’m doing every. single. time to watch it.  Maybe it’s the music - I don’t know but I love it!

3 hours ago, Miss Anne Thrope said:

New shirt or old, I can't get enough of that commercial.  It's just perfect.  (And if it isn't, I don't want to know!)  I choose to believe dog is getting the old shirt. 

Here's the commercial, and it looks like some outtakes are tagged on at the end,  

I haven't seen this commercial  before, but it is really sweet!

Edited by Gramto6
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

I haven't seen this commercial  before, but it is really sweet!

I have seen it a bunch, and I love it! That dog (a behind the scenes mini video on YT says it is an 11-month-old Duck Tolling Retriever named Whiskey!) is adorable.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, Miss Anne Thrope said:

I think the guy has just put a bow on the old shirt for the dog.  I like the ad, though!

• Love 6
On 12/12/2021 at 6:11 PM, Miss Anne Thrope said:

I Love this commercial! 💗

• Love 3

The Hershey Bells commercial is in heavy rotation and they're all the updated abomination.  Obviously the few times they showed the original when it first returned were just Hershey screwing with us and now they're flipping us off with the constant stream of the updated version.   I'll stick with M&M, thanks.  

15 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

I hate, Hate, HATE that Pizza Hut "Triple Treat" ad. It starts off with the asshole singing "Five Bread Sticks" - and it's NOT the correct melody.

That guy gets on my nerves.  Big time.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Maverick said:

The Hershey Bells commercial is in heavy rotation and they're all the updated abomination.  Obviously the few times they showed the original when it first returned were just Hershey screwing with us and now they're flipping us off with the constant stream of the updated version.   I'll stick with M&M, thanks.  

Fortunately the channels I've been watching have mostly been showing the original.

• Love 3

On 12/15/2021 at 2:12 PM, smittykins said:

Just saw the Corona “lighted palm tree” ad.

6 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I've been seeing it too. I love the simplicity of it. 

That is probably my favorite Christmas ad!

• Love 5
19 hours ago, Maverick said:

I go into a blind rage and grab the remote when I see that updated commercial.  I hope the little girl never reads social media because it's not her fault, but I imagine there are a lot of people who hate that commercial and post about it. 

• Love 4
16 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

It would have been fine to run the older edition that everyone loves, and have the new one, but not have it look like you're getting the classic one and it morphs into the awful new one.   They should redo the new edition, without the bell sounds. 

They could've made a really cute commercial about the dad and his daughter making Hersey Kiss cookies together.  However, this was not it.

• Love 10