Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E10: The Day Of Jacqueline

• Start Topic

So if you hear something said about a friends family you should go tell them right away? Even though it sounds so in creditably stupid?  Why did Dina bring it up if she wasn't sure she should tell them.  If Amber and Jim spill the beans so what?  No one but Teresa know that Dina knows anything about it.  Well, except for millions of TV viewers.

That is what is so stupid about this show.  The moment Victoria Gotti opened her mouth Amber knew it would be a storyline.  How could it not?  Then to talk to Teresa about it at Dina house was so producer driven.  And Teresa didn't really seem to care and did not want to talk about it.

And Jac-just because Teresa did not make you her bff after AZ does not mean she was not sincere.  She is just keeping you at arms length where you need to be.  And Kathy STFU about Jac caring so much.  Jac is just doing it for the cameras.  I had a very close friend and some bad shit hit the fan and we had a falling out.  We finally came to an understanding and got past it but the friendship was forever changed and will never be what it was.  She did the reaching out thing too wanting to act like nothing happened but it was too late.  She finally stopped and we are friends just not close friends.  So step off Jac,   And Kathy has the best real hair!

• Love 5
That Gia just needs to get some sort of wake up call instead of turning her big, wide nose up at a perfectly nice home.  The great room in that home was not "ew".  Frauds the whole lot  of them. 

I got the impression that standing there looking at a house with her mother and being filmed was the LAST thing Gia wanted to be doing (as in that teenage way when doing stuff with a parent is embarassing). And I kind of got the feeling that Teresa didn't want to be there either. I do feel bad for Gia because her parents have been scamming people for years and spending frivolously, so she probably doesn't know anything else.

And I realize that the scene was totally producer-driven, but that realtor? The way he kept talking about how the house he was showing Teresa wasn't as nice, big, or expensive as her house was so freaking annoying. We get it producers.

• Love 6
So if you hear something said about a friends family you should go tell them right away? Even though it sounds so in creditably stupid?  Why did Dina bring it up if she wasn't sure she should tell them.  If Amber and Jim spill the beans so what?  No one but Teresa know that Dina knows anything about it.  Well, except for millions of TV viewers.

I think the fact that it was said on TV may have a lot to do with why Dina brought it up. She knows the twins will eventually find out that she knew about it. And she probably doesn't know them well enough to know whether they would care or not. Some people are very much like "If you ever hear anything about me, you better tell me!" - others, not so much. I think Dina was just trying to cover her bases.

• Love 3

I got the impression that standing there looking at a house with her mother and being filmed was the LAST thing Gia wanted to be doing (as in that teenage way when doing stuff with a parent is embarassing). And I kind of got the feeling that Teresa didn't want to be there either. I do feel bad for Gia because her parents have been scamming people for years and spending frivolously, so she probably doesn't know anything else.

And I realize that the scene was totally producer-driven, but that realtor? The way he kept talking about how the house he was showing Teresa wasn't as nice, big, or expensive as her house was so freaking annoying. We get it producers.

Give her credit, T always brings the funny: "I'm a business woman...?"

Speaking of scam artists what was with Joe Giudice in the suit-returning from work? Since when does he have a job?.  Such BS.  Not as bad as the scam artists deciding they would down-size by selling their mansions and roll the equity into a new house they would pay for in cash.

I don't know which made my head spin more, the sight of Joe in a suit or the fact that the Wakilies are building a mansion? Geez, I need to tell my kids to drop out of college right now and we will use the tuition to buy the first gas station or paper shredding franchise we can find for them and they will be all set. Although I'd probably rather watch that house being built, in a kind of Bravo/HGTV hybrid storyline, than the antics of the twins/Rino/Bobby gang. I'd like to see Kathy putting her kitchen together. 

And the taxes on the marble mausoleum are 60 grand a year? I'm assuming those were not paid either. 

• Love 4

Will no one on this show take from past experiences about telling someone what you heard someone else say about them?  Dina's "I had no idea it would turn out this way..."  are you serious, Bitch?  When has it ever turned out differently?  Nicole and Teresa were gonna go after someone and since Amber wasn't around it was each other.  Make no mistake when Amber shows up they'll hit at her about it even though she hasn't repeated a damn thing.

Get over it with Amber and telling this rumor about Nicole already.  "My reputation, my reputation!"  Nobody gives a fuck if you cheated with some guy and broke up a family.  It's 2014, not 1952.

I kind of admire Jac for allowing her sons and their family's struggle to be shown.  I have never felt they exploited Nick.  I think it's refreshing to see a family show that the struggle with an autistic child is very very real considering a lot of people don't even consider autism a big deal.  Parents make decisions for their kids every day that the child can't give consent to.  When you're a parent, that's what you do.  If it ends up being a detriment to him then that's for Jac and Chris to handle as Nick gets older.  However, if they position it as they should....which is that Nick shouldn't be ashamed or embarrassed about his condition in any way....then the kid should be fine.

• Love 7

As much as I'm tempted to see Dina and Theresa as shit stirrers, I also get where they're coming from. There's no way that this rumor was going to stay buried once Victoria Gotti revealed it on camera. The story was certainly going to get back to the twins, and personally, I would want to get my version of events out there first, rather than be in a position to respond to someone else's account. Hypothetically, if Amber had said, "Theresa and Victoria Gotti were gossiping about you," whatever Theresa said at that point would look like she was just defending herself and trying to deflect the "truth." And, given that Amber has already proven herself to be messy and gossipy, I would be very, very worried about what came out of her mouth.

• Love 3

Since it's impossible to know what is filmed and how filmed segments are chosen to be aired, I would conclude that it's impossible to say with authority what's being "used as a story line."

If the producers are in control, how can characters be blamed for having a cancer scare or an autistic child? This is their reality, after all. Either we see their reality or we see "producer-driven" feuds.

Which is preferable?

To me, it's entirely plausible that Nick's expensive treatment occasions some financial planning, without extra-textual information.

And Kathy's new mansion is funny by itself without allusions to theft on her husband's part.

• Love 1

I actually really enjoyed the Florida scenes. I thought I would find it boring to just watch these ding bats frolick in the sun, but they looked like they were having so much fun & genuinely enjoyed themselves. I lived vicariously thru them remembering our harsh Northeast winter...

On a frivolous note - Melissa's bikini didn't look right to me. That wierd strap of material that crossed over her chest looked like it would be uncomfortable & would leave an undesirable tan line. Who wants a big thick tan line across the middle of their chest? Although maybe with all of the spray tanning these ladies obviously do it would be easy enough to cover.

Still hating Amber & Jim, & not in any kind of good way - PTB, please don't put them back on my tv!

Am I the only one who was "skeeved" out by the stains on the bidet???

• Love 1

I don't know which made my head spin more, the sight of Joe in a suit or the fact that the Wakilies are building a mansion? Geez, I need to tell my kids to drop out of college right now and we will use the tuition to buy the first gas station or paper shredding franchise we can find for them and they will be all set. Although I'd probably rather watch that house being built, in a kind of Bravo/HGTV hybrid storyline, than the antics of the twins/Rino/Bobby gang. I'd like to see Kathy putting her kitchen together. 

And the taxes on the marble mausoleum are 60 grand a year? I'm assuming those were not paid either. 

They are probably escrowed.

Won't be long before the Wallabies are in foreclosure if they ever even make it in the house. Who upsizes when their children go to college? So fucking stupid. I just can't with these people.

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 9

The whole scene with the realtor was a joke, the way he kept saying "Now this doesn't compare to your house..." was so scripted and bizarre, especially considering Tre's house is appraised at not that much more than the house they looked at. And if the site that lists the history of Tre and Juicy's past homes is accurate, the home they were in before the Tacky Mansion wasn't particularly nice. For Tre to put on this act like she's always lived in the lap of luxury is bizarre. I loved the flashbacks though, Season 1 Tre was such an airhead. 

I'm not sure why Gia is getting as much airtime as a housewife right now but I feel for her, she's just a child. 

The Wakile's paid $675k for vacant land assessed at 475k.  Taxes on the land only were $7500 this year.  Depending on when the house gets completed, they will get a prorated bill for the house either this year or next.

This is probably typical for north Jersey.  I live in south Jersey and while taxes aren't much better, the closer you are to New York, the higher taxes seem to be.

The Laurita's house taxes are $35k/yr.

Edited by njbarmaid
  • Love 1
Get over it with Amber and telling this rumor about Nicole already.  "My reputation, my reputation!"  Nobody gives a fuck if you cheated with some guy and broke up a family.  It's 2014, not 1952.

I think there are plenty of people who still take betrayal of marriage vows seriously. I would be very upset if someone was saying I cheated on my spouse when I didn't, or that I was the other woman with a cheating man- especially if it isn't true. 

If the producers are in control, how can characters be blamed for having a cancer scare or an autistic child? This is their reality, after all. Either we see their reality or we see "producer-driven" feuds.

Which is preferable?

They could choose option C - neither. 

I don't really care about Ambuh using The Cancer as a storyline. Is she over-the-top and annoying with it? IMO, yes. But it's HER cancer, her decision. I feel differently about Nick and his Autism. I was actually happy to see that Jac was not going to be on the show any more, because I felt it would be better if she focused on her son and wasn't distracted by having to shoot scenes for the show, and likely also distracting him with all the crew and equipment in the house. But now here she is again. Hopefully this "return" is very, very limited. But I'm not holding my breath. 

• Love 7

The whole scene with the realtor was a joke, the way he kept saying "Now this doesn't compare to your house..." was so scripted and bizarre, especially considering Tre's house is appraised at not that much more than the house they looked at. And if the site that lists the history of Tre and Juicy's past homes is accurate, the home they were in before the Tacky Mansion wasn't particularly nice. For Tre to put on this act like she's always lived in the lap of luxury is bizarre. I loved the flashbacks though, Season 1 Tre was such an airhead. 

I'm not sure why Gia is getting as much airtime as a housewife right now but I feel for her, she's just a child. 

Here is the house Gia lived over half he life in before hitting it big time to the mansion http://variety.com/2014/dirt/real-estalker/teresa-giudice-lists-third-house-in-lincoln-park-1201309336/  So the idea of this teenybopper acting so hostile at the premise of downsizing was annoying.  It would not have hurt he to have said one nice thing about the home.  Maybe if she is lucky the family can return to Lincoln Park-their roots.

I think Gia is getting the airtime to elicit sympathy from the viewers.  I am not surprised her mother is using her for this purpose and I think Gia kind of enjoys being the center of attention.

• Love 4

It just did not feel like a real cancer scare.  I don't something was just "off" about the call that blood test were inconclusive so you have to come back.  And when she went back they took blood and had the results minutes later???  And it was never addressed as to what was inconclusive unless it was the explanation of the protein level.  The whole thing felt lame and Amber ramped it up to 100.  If she is like that all the time it would be exhausting to be around her for longer than 5 minutes.

And speaking of Amber, could she not tell from Dina's response to her telling Dina they were coming to FL that Dina was not all that thrilled about it?  The conversation was odd and very chilly.

And the twins and all this drama about the gossip I don't even know why they are mad at or gunning for Amber.  From the clip Andy showed last night it looks like Jim is the one dying to tell it not Amber since she was running out of the room saying she was OUT.  Next week will be very interesting.  I am so glad I am not emotionally invested in any of the players.

• Love 2

Jim is dying to be a housewife. I've never seen one of the husband's this involved in the drama. Usually they're embarrassed by it, like Juicy, or they feel the need to stick up for their wives, like Ken, or they enjoy the attention but don't really care that much about the details, like Joe Gorga. But Jim wants to be a housewife. He's so catty. 

• Love 5

Here is the house Gia lived over half he life in before hitting it big time to the mansion http://variety.com/2014/dirt/real-estalker/teresa-giudice-lists-third-house-in-lincoln-park-1201309336/  So the idea of this teenybopper acting so hostile at the premise of downsizing was annoying.  It would not have hurt he to have said one nice thing about the home.  Maybe if she is lucky the family can return to Lincoln Park-their roots.

I think Gia is getting the airtime to elicit sympathy from the viewers.  I am not surprised her mother is using her for this purpose and I think Gia kind of enjoys being the center of attention.

Actually, Gia did say that she thought the house would be nice to live in. As someone else noted, that was probably the last place she wanted to be and this whole thing must be terribly embarrassing to her. I don't think she wants to be the center of attention at all. She must have some really cool friends, too, or at least I hope she does, because she's handled herself remarkably well. 

• Love 14

I actually really enjoyed the Florida scenes. I thought I would find it boring to just watch these ding bats frolick in the sun, but they looked like they were having so much fun & genuinely enjoyed themselves.

I thought the opposite. Watching these morons go grocery shopping and bitching because the Florida grocery store doesn't stock the items they do in Jersey, then sit around the dinner table talking about sex (how original) could not be more boring to me. Really after the hours of footage they shoot, this is the best that they decide to air?  I did laugh when Dina and Melissa said the twins never shut up. They were right on target with that comment!

• Love 3

I see Jac is going the Lauri from RHOC Easter Island head visage route.  She is getting harder and harder to look at.  

I assume Kathy and Richie set aside the money from Bravo to pay for the new lot and house construction.  I have no idea how they think they'll continue to pay for it.  Yet another housewife will be heading toward bankruptcy in a few years.  Why are they all so desperate to have people think they're rich that they'll screw up their finances this badly?  

I felt for Gia in the totally not real house hunting scene with Theresa going on about the bidet and what it is used for.  At 13, I don't think any girl wants her mom going on about something used to wash your genitals.  Theresa has no shame.  And no taste. And no brain.  Where's the wizard when we need him?  Oh wait, the tin man, the lion, the scarecrow and Dorothy all had what they needed inside.  Theresa is empty.  

• Love 9

I'm surprised Bobby and Jim were friends for so many years. They don't seem compatible. Jim seems like he's playing "water boy" to Bobby's "quarterback." They look like they two different types, sitting at different tables in the cafeteria. You would have thought that Bobby would have noticed Jim's ways much sooner, like years ago!

• Love 4

I kind of admire Jac for allowing her sons and their family's struggle to be shown.  I have never felt they exploited Nick.  I think it's refreshing to see a family show that the struggle with an autistic child is very very real considering a lot of people don't even consider autism a big deal.  Parents make decisions for their kids every day that the child can't give consent to.  When you're a parent, that's what you do.  If it ends up being a detriment to him then that's for Jac and Chris to handle as Nick gets older.  However, if they position it as they should....which is that Nick shouldn't be ashamed or embarrassed about his condition in any way....then the kid should be fine.

Jac has another son that is never on camera. For whatever reason - and I am going to assume it is his choice. Nick has very limited verbal abilities. He can't consent. IMO Jac is using Nick to elicit sympathy/get a storyline just as many claim Teresa is using Gia and her children to elicit sympathy this season.  There is no reason for Jac to have his struggles front and center.  Certainly a child on the spectrum is nothing to hide or be ashamed of.  But nor is he something to be exploited for the mother's need for attention.  And IMO that is exactly what Jac is doing.  As noted above, we could be watching Nick from afar, and there are still many ways Jac can inform/educate the public about the life of a family living with autism.  We don't have to see him close up struggling, squirming and trying to get away, which we often do.  When you work/deal/live with children on the spectrum, you can see how many extra people, lights, activity and changes to routine can cause undue amounts of stress and anxiety.

I think with Dina, like with Melissa earlier in the season, these women all know the rules.  If the rumor is out there, you bring it up in front of the group to move the drama along.  It's like Reality Show 101.

• Love 3

I thought the opposite. Watching these morons go grocery shopping and bitching because the Florida grocery store doesn't stock the items they do in Jersey, then sit around the dinner table talking about sex (how original) could not be more boring to me. Really after the hours of footage they shoot, this is the best that they decide to air? I did laugh when Dina and Melissa said the twins never shut up. They were right on target with that comment!

Ok, agree to disagree & all that. I still thought it was fun :)

I also agree with the poster up thread who wondered why Amber couldn't take the hint with Dina. You'd have to be thick as a brick not to pick up on the lack of enthusiasm for the news of their arrival. I realize this is all for tv, but in real life can you imagine being Amber in that situation & still going after that call???

Edited by Daisy head
  • Love 1

It just did not feel like a real cancer scare.  I don't something was just "off" about the call that blood test were inconclusive so you have to come back.  And when she went back they took blood and had the results minutes later???  And it was never addressed as to what was inconclusive unless it was the explanation of the protein level.  The whole thing felt lame and Amber ramped it up to 100.  If she is like that all the time it would be exhausting to be around her for longer than 5 minutes.

It wasn't a real cancer scare.  Amber pretty much said so right out of the gate.  She said that this five year test at most would give an indication as to whether she was still clear of cancer (which is something her last test would have and the test before that and the test before that -- the five year mark is simply an extended bill of clean health that raises the odds against the cancer coming back) or whether the cancer had a chance of returning.  From her own statement last episode and the doctor's famewhore turn of lines this one it seems it was a test that showed whether certain proteins or enzymes were present in levels that were related to her cancer.  It was not a cancer cell test.  And it was bogus since Amber was trying to reverse engineer the benefit of being clean at this five year mark to the five year mark having some much greater threat threshold for the cancer to reappear.  Either the cancer comes back or it doesn't.  Coming back is bad whether it is five months after treatment ends, five years or depending on your age, five decades.  Amber was pretty much lying outright when she tried to make it seem that passing the five year mark as clean was somehow harder and scarier than any of her previous tests to determine her being cancer free.

As to the original poster, I have to say that I don't think anyone is blaming Amber for not wanting to have her cancer come back.  Nor is anyone blaming Jac for having a son with autism.  What I do see are posters having an issue to some degree or another with how they see both women exploiting their situations if not blowing them completely out of proportion and even lying even if by omission.  It's not their general situation at all.  It is how they are going about posturing in these situations for cameras. 

Jim is dying to be a housewife. I've never seen one of the husband's this involved in the drama. Usually they're embarrassed by it, like Juicy, or they feel the need to stick up for their wives, like Ken, or they enjoy the attention but don't really care that much about the details, like Joe Gorga. But Jim wants to be a housewife. He's so catty. 

If you don't already you might want to see the Real Housewives of Melbourne which airs Sundays on BRAVO.  There is a husband there who makes Jim look like Albert Manzo in terms of interest in the show (at least the first season or two of the RHONJ).  Now you might want to record the show or watch on demand as you might at first mistake the husband for Jackie's pet pug dressed in a suit and wearing a black Carol Channing wig.  Or you might mistake him for a Dr. Seuss character come to life.  Or someone stalking Tim Burton in hopes of being cast in his next movie.

• Love 3

I still CAN NOT identify the twins - who is who.  It's like nails on a chalkboard.  I don't want to see and I don't want to hear.  And wino the Jacko, not interested in her either.  Probably because I can't recognize her either.

Seriously? Married one has black hair, Single on has brown hair.  They have different voices too. Brown hairs voice is higher.

• Love 2

I didn't watch last nights episode specifically because Jaq and Nick were in the promo last week. Reading the posts it seems like I didn't miss much otherwise. Kathy and Rich are building a mansion though does sound laughably entertaining. Is Joe Gorga "Best developer in Jersey" building it for them?

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 1

I must have watched a different show, twice, than others. I never heard Gia "Ewww!" over anything other than the dirty bidet AND I heard her express that she would be happy to downsize into a smaller house. In fact, on the way up to the house she praised the large front yard.

She just looked like a teenager absolutely miserable to be dragged along with her mother on a filmed for TV house hunt.

• Love 18

What did the realtor say? They'd be paying $20k in taxes instead of $60k? Something along those lines. That's still thousands and thousands of dollars she DOESN'T have.

Exactly. With the 13.5M that the Giudices owe, they technically don't even own a pot to piss in. They should consider all their worldy possessions as being on generous loan from the US government, since the IRS could sweep in at second and claim their material goods as tax liens. I would be beyond shocked if the Guidices are up to date on all their property taxes and such.

As many others pointed out, that small appartment above the pizza parlor is the type of property the should be looking to rent. The girls will need to double up now. It's unfortunate they have to pay the price for their parents mistakes intentional fraud, but their buffoon parents have been living a lavish lifestyle they have no right to.

• Love 1

I didn't watch last nights episode specifically because Jaq and Nick were in the promo last week. Reading the posts it seems like I didn't miss much otherwise. Kathy and Rich are building a mansion though does sound laughably entertaining. Is Joe Gorga "Best developer in Jersey" building it for them?

Kevin Jonas of the Jonas Brothers is building the Wakilie house-he is a contractor.  I see another potential reality show bit in the future.

Of all the NJ HWs I think Kathy and Richie are just as financially sound as the Manzos.  They both kind of did the same thing waited until their kids were pretty much grown to move into their dream house.  I think Wakilies are a little more financially responsible than either Joe Gorga or his sister and brother in law.  Teresa always seemed to turn her nose up at Kathy's house yet they were the only one of the three family members that had a swimming pool.  I don't see this couple gambling their future away on a house they can't afford.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 1

To me, Gia just seemed horribly embarrassed to be there and not because they were "downsizing".  I'm 52 and I would be embarrassed to stand there while the realtor went on and on about how much smaller and less craptastic this house is that the Giudices' current manse.  At 13, I would have been mortified.  Gia is old enough to understand how horrible this would appear.  And her mother was disgusting when pushing her about the bidet.

I did wonder if the realtor had every seen Theresa's house.  Certainly he couldn't find something inferior to Case de Gaudy; that is, unless he was looking at Joe Go's crumbling marble monstrosity.   

• Love 3

I must have watched a different show, twice, than others. I never heard Gia "Ewww!" over anything other than the dirty bidet AND I heard her express that she would be happy to downsize into a smaller house. In fact, on the way up to the house she praised the large front yard.

She just looked like a teenager absolutely miserable to be dragged along with her mother on a filmed for TV house hunt.

Maybe it was more of an "eh" than an 'ew'.  Gia doesn't mind having the cameras along with her when she is bra shopping so I really think she could perhaps manage to get through the fake house hunting.  I mean I have never really wanted to sit through Gia modeling, acting, dancing or singing and crying to her uncle, bra shopping, crying about her parents legal plight but as an audience we endure.  Maybe Gia could just happy up for a bit.

• Love 1

I'm surprised Bobby and Jim were friends for so many years. They don't seem compatible. Jim seems like he's playing "water boy" to Bobby's "quarterback." They look like they two different types, sitting at different tables in the cafeteria. You would have thought that Bobby would have noticed Jim's ways much sooner, like years ago!

According to Jim's twitter rants that helpful snarkers have been posting, Jim says Bobby is rich.  So I'm sure he has been sucking up to Bobby big time for a number of years.

Amber sounded seriously drunk (or high) during the call to Dina.  I'm sure that's why she didn't catch the distinct lack of enthusiasm on Dina's part.

I hadn't been able to get the twins straight either, Lablover27....the hair color thing makes it easier, I guess. So yeah, Ter-es-uh the dark haired one is married to Rino and Nicole is with Bobby. 

Meh. I get that Amber had a scary time with The Cancer, but I agree with posters who feel this whole 'scare' was a put-on for tv. I mean, I don't doubt she had inconclusive tests at one point, but the whole situation seemed like a bad re-enactment for teevee.....months and months after the fact. She even gave a bad 'soap opera' type of hug to Lil Jim. They may as well have faded to black....yeesh. 

Edited by diorella78
  • Love 2

Yes, Lablover! That's right. :)

It's fun seeing the girls have fun in Florida together. While I want to know what happens with Jim when he shows up, since we know he's mean and ridiculous, it's kind of underwhelming.

However, just like Tamara from OC, I bet Melissa knew what a pearl necklace and other sexual acts are. Obviously, I don't know that as a fact, but it still makes me roll my eyes.

• Love 2

I hadn't been able to get the twins straight either, Lablover27....the hair color thing makes it easier, I guess. So yeah, Ter-es-uh the dark haired one is married to Rino and Nicole is with Bobby.

Thanks! I will try to remember this. More than likely I will look at the TV next week and ask "now which one has the lighter hair"??

I think it is tragically funny that so many of us still cannot tell them apart. I know that Dina had a conversation with one of them, and that she didn't want to hear the gossip, but I have no idea which twin this was. I believe that if I gave two shits about this show I would be able to keep the twins straight by now.

• Love 3

Teresa has the darker hair and didn't want to know the gossip unless it was about her while Nicole has the lighter hair and wants to know the gossip if it involves anyone in her family in addition to herself.  I'm curious why both of them were selected to be on the show, I would have thought the show could have selected just one of them to be a housewife while the other twin could be in a supporting role.  Of the two, which do you think should have been a housewife and which shouldn't have been?

I do think the show should have added one new housewife last season in order to give the show variety and help it transition from the Manzo/Wakiles.  Did they  learn nothing from the struggles NY had when the recast half of their cast?  I know OC did away with three housewives and hired two new ones.. but they seem to flourish with every new addition.

• Love 1

Saved that money by Richie not paying his gas suppliers, LOL.  I think he lost his franchise over that and was sued. Another scammer like the lot of them.

His company was sued by Exxon. It is hard to find many details, but that has been a while ago and the gas station is still owned by Rich and is still an Exxon, so I would assume there was some type of resolution.

I could be wrong, but I never got the impression that Rich and Kathy were living beyond their means. Someone on TWoP had listed all of the properties he had bought and sold over the last 10 or so years, and if I remember correctly he had made some fine money. I know that both Kathy and Teresa agreed that their relationship was fractured because Rich tried to talk with Teresa and Joe about his concern over their financial issues years ago. Teresa resented him getting involved in her business (as I would imagine most people would), but it sounds like Rich was astute enough to see the writing on the wall.

I always thought Teresa treated Kathy more poorly than anyone else. It always seemed to me that she was the one she was really jealous of in some weird way. I think that Kathy knew all of her secrets, knew they were living a lie financially, and actually had a passion and a talent for cooking. I think that having Kathy around made Teresa extremely defensive and mean-spirited. For this reason alone, I wish that Kathy could be in every scene. I would love to hear her telling Teresa about the house they are building, or the dessert book she wrote with recipes that are actually hers. It seems just to me after Teresa belittling the Wakile home as being small, or dismissing Kathy's talent in the kitchen. Karma really is such a bitch.

• Love 11

What I do see are posters having an issue to some degree or another with how they see both women exploiting their situations if not blowing them completely out of proportion and even lying even if by omission.

I think Jacklyn ought to burn in hell for exploiting her son's problems just to get back on TV for an episode or two.  Disgusting.

Oh, and Dina--you are absolutely no better than Amber for trying to spread shit. 

• Love 4
I always thought Teresa treated Kathy more poorly than anyone else. It always seemed to me that she was the one she was really jealous of in some weird way. I think that Kathy knew all of her secrets, knew they were living a lie financially, and actually had a passion and a talent for cooking. I think that having Kathy around made Teresa extremely defensive and mean-spirited. For this reason alone, I wish that Kathy could be in every scene. I would love to hear her telling Teresa about the house they are building, or the dessert book she wrote with recipes that are actually hers. It seems just to me after Teresa belittling the Wakile home as being small, or dismissing Kathy's talent in the kitchen. Karma really is such a bitch.

Yes, I think that Teresa probably looked at Kathy's modest lifestyle as "settling;" Teresa also probably knew she should be living Kathy's lifestyle on what their paychecks brought in. Of all the NJ Ho-wives Kathy is the only one I could see myself liking in real life. Except for Richie, who is a huge liability. Anyway, Kathy was probably some kind of disapproving spectre hovering over Teresa just watching and waiting this whole time. Kathy doesn't seem stupid to me; not like the felons are.  

Kevin Jonas of the Jonas Brothers is building the Wakilie house-he is a contractor.  I see another potential reality show bit in the future.

I would watch that. But then I watched that stupid Married to Jonas show, so I guess I watch a lot of vapid garbage.

• Love 5
always thought Teresa treated Kathy more poorly than anyone else. It always seemed to me that she was the one she was really jealous of in some weird way.

Yeah, I noticed that as well.  I wonder if growing up, since Kathy is older, if she was held up to Teresa as a role model.  I can imagine Kathy being the well behaved kid that all the adults love and Teresa developing resentment towards her.  Also, if felt as if the Manzos and Lauritas really warmed up to Kathy.  For all that was made about the Teresa/Melissa, I always felt it was Kathy that Teresa could not stand.  She evened refused to acknowledge that Kathy tried to help her girls during the Gorga (sp?) christening fiasco.

The twins seem harmless.  However, it always freaks me out to hear such baby talk coming from some elderly looking faces.

Does anyone else feel that since there is no more feud, Melissa seems really irrelevant this year?

• Love 4

Maybe it was more of an "eh" than an 'ew'.  Gia doesn't mind having the cameras along with her when she is bra shopping so I really think she could perhaps manage to get through the fake house hunting.  I mean I have never really wanted to sit through Gia modeling, acting, dancing or singing and crying to her uncle, bra shopping, crying about her parents legal plight but as an audience we endure.  Maybe Gia could just happy up for a bit.

Gia is just like most 13 year olds; she is easily embarrassed by her parents.  I don't remember her being cool with the cameras when she was bra shopping with Teresa (who seems to enjoy embarrassing the girl).  There is a lot of drama with girls that age (trust me, I've seen it), so I give Gia a pass for her unenthusiastic participation in the Guidice storyline.  Lastly, if I was a teenager and I had to deal with my parents being on the cover of all the rags, facing jail time, losing my home and having an uncertain future, I don't think I'd be able to "happy up for a bit".  I know those four girls are going to be OK because they have family members who will make sure they are but, at their ages, they don't understand that; they only know that their world is being turned upside down.  

• Love 9
The twins seem harmless.  However, it always freaks me out to hear such baby talk coming from some elderly looking faces.

Does anyone else feel that since there is no more feud, Melissa seems really irrelevant this year?

That's it! They do have 'elderly' faces! There was always something 'off' to me about their looks and that's it! It's like I can never get an age read on them.....they act so sassy and juvenile, but they have these older looking faces. 

Also, yes, I feel the same about Melissa. If she isn't antagonizing Teresa or being outed by Teresa or whoever, she really doesn't have much of a place now. The Amber connection kind of flipped from her to the twins. 

• Love 2

Yes, Lablover! That's right. :)

It's fun seeing the girls have fun in Florida together. While I want to know what happens with Jim when he shows up, since we know he's mean and ridiculous, it's kind of underwhelming.

However, just like Tamara from OC, I bet Melissa knew what a pearl necklace and other sexual acts are. Obviously, I don't know that as a fact, but it still makes me roll my eyes.

Are we back to the Season 1 "Thank you baby Jesus" innocent Melissa again? I just caaaaan't with her split personalities. Bull$h!t that someone who thrived on being sexy and sexual is suddenly Miss Pearl Clutching Houswife again.

• Love 2

Are we back to the Season 1 "Thank you baby Jesus" innocent Melissa again? I just caaaaan't with her split personalities. Bull$h!t that someone who thrived on being sexy and sexual is suddenly Miss Pearl Clutching Houswife again.

Is that pearl necklace clutching or does Joe not have that good of aim?

I'll let myself out  . . . . . 

• Love 16

Yeah, I noticed that as well.  I wonder if growing up, since Kathy is older, if she was held up to Teresa as a role model.  I can imagine Kathy being the well behaved kid that all the adults love and Teresa developing resentment towards her.  Also, if felt as if the Manzos and Lauritas really warmed up to Kathy.  For all that was made about the Teresa/Melissa, I always felt it was Kathy that Teresa could not stand.  She evened refused to acknowledge that Kathy tried to help her girls during the Gorga (sp?) christening fiasco.

Melissa is irrelevant, because she's minding her Ps and Qs hoping they don't get investigated like Teresa. She called Teresa everything but her name at that horrific reunion, and I just can't believe anyone as narcissistic as Melissa would forgive and embrace Teresa, unless it somehow benefited Melissa. Melissa doesn't take a breath without thinking how it can benefit her image.

I don't think Teresa resents Kathy, but I think she's annoyed and betrayed by her. I think Kathy resents Teresa for dethroning her as the family princess, and she's victimized and whined her way into trying to convince everyone that Teresa is the source of all of poor pitiful Kathy's problems.

Gia is just like most 13 year olds; she is easily embarrassed by her parents.  I don't remember her being cool with the cameras when she was bra shopping with Teresa (who seems to enjoy embarrassing the girl).  There is a lot of drama with girls that age (trust me, I've seen it), so I give Gia a pass for her unenthusiastic participation in the Guidice storyline.  Lastly, if I was a teenager and I had to deal with my parents being on the cover of all the rags, facing jail time, losing my home and having an uncertain future, I don't think I'd be able to "happy up for a bit".  I know those four girls are going to be OK because they have family members who will make sure they are but, at their ages, they don't understand that; they only know that their world is being turned upside down.  

I don't think Gia was bratty or snooty at all, and I think it is vile to comment on a child's looks.  All I saw was a 13 year old, who was totally embarrassed that the world knows she has PARENTS (like most 13 year old girls), but she was trying to make the best of a really negative situation. She probably doesn't want to move from her home, and doesn't quite grasp all of the legalities and financial considerations that go into buying and selling, but she does grasp that OMG my MOM is about to explain a BIDET on TV! People will know I pee! The Horrors!

• Love 9

Will no one on this show take from past experiences about telling someone what you heard someone else say about them?  Dina's "I had no idea it would turn out this way..."  are you serious, Bitch?  When has it ever turned out differently?  Nicole and Teresa were gonna go after someone and since Amber wasn't around it was each other.  Make no mistake when Amber shows up they'll hit at her about it even though she hasn't repeated a damn thing.

Get over it with Amber and telling this rumor about Nicole already.  "My reputation, my reputation!"  Nobody gives a fuck if you cheated with some guy and broke up a family.  It's 2014, not 1952.

I kind of admire Jac for allowing her sons and their family's struggle to be shown.  I have never felt they exploited Nick.  I think it's refreshing to see a family show that the struggle with an autistic child is very very real considering a lot of people don't even consider autism a big deal.  Parents make decisions for their kids every day that the child can't give consent to.  When you're a parent, that's what you do.  If it ends up being a detriment to him then that's for Jac and Chris to handle as Nick gets older.  However, if they position it as they should....which is that Nick shouldn't be ashamed or embarrassed about his condition in any way....then the kid should be fine.

I agree with you about Jac/Chris and Nick. I never felt embarrassed for any of them in how Nick was shown. It has never felt forced, staged, insincere or explotive to me at all, unlike the Giudice girls. If any of these parents on the show are exploiting their children, it is the Giudices. They should have kept ALL of their daughters out of the spotlight during this very hard and frightening times the girls are facing.

• Love 3