Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E10: The Day Of Jacqueline

• Start Topic

Here is the house Gia lived over half he life in before hitting it big time to the mansion http://variety.com/2014/dirt/real-estalker/teresa-giudice-lists-third-house-in-lincoln-park-1201309336/  So the idea of this teenybopper acting so hostile at the premise of downsizing was annoying.  It would not have hurt he to have said one nice thing about the home.  Maybe if she is lucky the family can return to Lincoln Park-their roots.

I think Gia is getting the airtime to elicit sympathy from the viewers.  I am not surprised her mother is using her for this purpose and I think Gia kind of enjoys being the center of attention.

According to this site, they moved into the Lincoln Park home in 2005, and then the McMansion in 2008.  If that's true, then the family only lived there for 3 years. So Gia has spent more of her formative years living the life of a nouveau-riche child (even if it was all completely fraudulent on her parents' part).  So really, what I'm saying is that any unpleasant reaction she might have to having to downsize is 100% Tre and Juicy's fault.

Ha not to mention that seeing this house built in 1920, and the teeny, tiny one in Paterson that they lived in before (also pictured on the site above) really blows Tre's "Oh I just HATE living in houses that other people have lived in" mantra right outta the water.  I mean, not that the whole world doesn't know what poseurs and fronters they are at this point, of course.  But it just as a little more hate-fuel to the flame (for me). 

• Love 5

Teresa has the darker hair and didn't want to know the gossip unless it was about her while Nicole has the lighter hair and wants to know the gossip if it involves anyone in her family in addition to herself.  I'm curious why both of them were selected to be on the show, I would have thought the show could have selected just one of them to be a housewife while the other twin could be in a supporting role.  Of the two, which do you think should have been a housewife and which shouldn't have been?

I know Bravo doesn't really care about this kind of technicality, but if I get a vote:  the one who's actually a housewife.

Kevin Jonas of the Jonas Brothers is building the Wakilie house-he is a contractor.  I see another potential reality show bit in the future.

Of all the NJ HWs I think Kathy and Richie are just as financially sound as the Manzos.  They both kind of did the same thing waited until their kids were pretty much grown to move into their dream house.  I think Wakilies are a little more financially responsible than either Joe Gorga or his sister and brother in law.  Teresa always seemed to turn her nose up at Kathy's house yet they were the only one of the three family members that had a swimming pool.  I don't see this couple gambling their future away on a house they can't afford.

Real quick nothing to do with nothing sidebar:  On the night my 14.5 year old graduated from 8th grade, we went out to eat after the ceremony and ran into* Kevin and Danielle Jonas at the Wayne, NJ Cheesecake Factory.   He could see my daughter's reaction from where he and his family were sitting (there were no bonus Jonases, he was the only one).  He also caught me stopping her mid arm flap and as quietly as he could manage, told my daughter he'd be happy to take a selfie with her as soon as they were done with their meal.   I mouthed thank you.  Then we got moved to a table clean on the other side of the restaurant.    Do you know when he was leaving, the guy came to find her, snapped the picture he'd promised and told her happy graduation?  Such a sweet boy.    Little Wilder said she wasn't going to wash her hands for a week, henceforth.  I said we're about to eat, you'll wash them right now.   Our compromise was her walking outside to let rain fall on her palms. 

*by "ran into" I mean I know something big deal-y had happened because my kid started fangirl hyperventilating and acting as though she'd forgotten how to properly execute taking a damn seat.

Yeah, I noticed that as well.  I wonder if growing up, since Kathy is older, if she was held up to Teresa as a role model.  I can imagine Kathy being the well behaved kid that all the adults love and Teresa developing resentment towards her.  Also, if felt as if the Manzos and Lauritas really warmed up to Kathy.  For all that was made about the Teresa/Melissa, I always felt it was Kathy that Teresa could not stand.  She evened refused to acknowledge that Kathy tried to help her girls during the Gorga (sp?) christening fiasco.

I remember being wholeheartedly team Kathy when this happened.  I still am, but with some perspective and more history and what you wrote just before that ;) I think what grinds Tree's gears about her cousin is that Kathy can be a little sanctimonious.  And I mean it's really light sometimes, it's easy to miss without the history, but I don't blame Teresa for here is what I think she was really bothered by, which is, in my opinion, Kathy's implication that:  your children weren't your first priority, but they were mine.   Which is subtly and more to the point shittily different than:  I just wanted to help by getting the kids outta the way.     More and more often since then, in Kathy and Teresa's delivery, I noticed it about her.  It's not nice. 

Yeah but, they didn't live in a small house. They already had a big house where everybody had their own space. Each kid had their own bathroom. The house they are building is ridiculous. They have no idea what a money pit a house like that will be. Just electricity will be over a thousand dollars a month. Gas too in the winter time. Hell my house is only 5000 sf including a finished basement and we nearly pay that much. I can't wait to downsize and simplify my life. Spend our money traveling instead of heating empty spaces. My youngest is a senior and we will be selling shortly.

You ain't kidding about that utility bill. Yikes.  Um, p.s. can we trade? lol.  I just came here to say I think the space thing is totally relative.  You said only 5000sq - which means my house could live in your house like 3-1/2 times.   For the Guidices to go from a cabillion sf to what is it 9000?  Yeah I think most of the population wouldn't look at that as a downgrade but when you have so much room that there are, as Joe said, rooms you simply never use, it's an adjustment.

zoeysmom, thanks for that link to the Lincoln Park house.  By the looks of though girl?  I don't think they ever lived there.  They did own a fair number of properties during the bubble though so maybe that was one they were trying to turn around quickly.    Doesn't surprise me that they couldn't unload it, lipstick on a pig near a highway.   Not good.

Lablover I missed the update on how Labpuppy's feeling since snakebite?

• Love 5
Yeah but, they didn't live in a small house. They already had a big house where everybody had their own space. Each kid had their own bathroom. The house they are building is ridiculous. They have no idea what a money pit a house like that will be. Just electricity will be over a thousand dollars a month. Gas too in the winter time

You're right. I can see saving enough money to buy the lot and the construction and all that goes with it, but then afterwards, I just can't imagine how they can keep up with the rising taxes and all the upkeep that a home that large requires. I mean, is Richie going to mow the lawn, clear the gutters etc. on a house that big? The property tax payment alone based on the lot and house size is money you could spend traveling or doing something else worthwhile instead of handing over for garbage collection and schools. I can understand building if you hit it big in stocks, or selling a company, or an inheritance with lots of money left over.  But the Wakilies move up seems to be a head scratcher. I understand why they would want it, but not where the money came from/will come from to live in it over the next ten years.

You ain't kidding about that utility bill. Yikes.  Um, p.s. can we trade? lol.  I just came here to say I think the space thing is totally relative.  You said only 5000sq - which means my house could live in your house like 3-1/2 times.   For the Guidices to go from a cabillion sf to what is it 9000?  Yeah I think most of the population wouldn't look at that as a downgrade but when you have so much room that there are, as Joe said, rooms you simply never use, it's an adjustment.

When I said only, I meant in reference to the size of home Kathy is building. I know it is a big house and it was wonderful to raise my children here BUT, I can't wait to downsize. The maintenance, the landscaping the utilities, the cleaning. It is a big pain in the ass and I just don't understand building a 120000 sq ft home at 50 years old. Hell, they probably wont be able to navigate those stairs in 15 years.

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 2

When I said only, I meant in reference to the size of home Kathy is building. I know it is a big house and it was wonderful to raise my children here BUT, I can't wait to downsize. The maintenance, the landscaping the utilities, the cleaning. It is a big pain in the ass and I just don't understand building a 120000 sq ft home at 50 years old. Hell, they probably wont be able to navigate those stairs in 15 years.

No, no, I totally gotcha.  Even if I had the money, seeing the PSE&G (nj's primary gas/elec supplier) bill would actually make me break out into hives.  My bf's looking for a house right now and while the inventory for that kind of space is awesome these days, every once in a while I'm guilty of bubble bursting him by saying, now add $1800 a month to heat and light all that.   Hell you never see Bruce Wayne open the water bill so what does he know? lol.    I was mistakenly talking about the Guidices (when we were discussing the Walkilies) but I don't blame them either.  If they paid less than $400K as mentioned above for that lot and the taxes are $7500 a year and both of them still work and bring home early 6 figures and add that they sold their last house (did they?) hells yeah, I'd do it.   In theory, their mortgage could be under $2K a month.  For an upgrade?  that's a yes on my ballot.  lol

eta: delete triple post (there should be some sort of point accumulation for this, no? bueller?) 

Edited by ZaldamoWilder
  • Love 2

I always liked that Kathy seemed happy in her very nice, comfortable but not ostentatious house. It's a little disappointing to see her needing this lap of luxury mansion, especially as her kids are moving out. Most people downsize at that time not upsize! I can understand wanting a bigger kitchen though.

• Love 2

Clearly this is something we disagree upon, but my opinion is that Jac is more interested in using Nic as a storyline and as a marketing tool for Blk on this show.  I am not saying that she doesn't love him and isn't interested 100% in securing his recovery. Because clearly she loves her son and wants that.  But having him on this show is just as exploitive IMO as some claim Teresa is as having her kids on who can clearly say no to filming. Based upon what we are watching, there is no way that Nic is able to consent to filming.  We didn't see Gabriella for years because she didn't like the cameras

I think I wanna marry this.  I have ALWAYS felt Jac's on screen behavior regarding Nic's diagnosis is about how it affected HER and her life.

I have worked with some autistic children and can say from my experience that thy don't do well with noise/lights/distractions in general.  She's not doing that child any favors by having him film. It would be great if she took up Autism as a cause for enlightening and education people, instead of using it as a storyline.

I just read my morning paper and apparently Juicy's hearing re: the driving license has been scheduled for Oct.15.  One can only hope he wears prison stripes to the hearing.

Edited by One More Time
  • Love 6
Clearly this is something we disagree upon, but my opinion is that Jac is more interested in using Nic as a storyline and as a marketing tool for Blk on this show.  I am not saying that she doesn't love him and isn't interested 100% in securing his recovery. Because clearly she loves her son and wants that.  But having him on this show is just as exploitive IMO as some claim Teresa is as having her kids on who can clearly say no to filming. Based upon what we are watching, there is no way that Nic is able to consent to filming.  We didn't see Gabriella for years because she didn't like the cameras.

Exactly. We have seen various kids across the franchises who haven't been shown much, or at all - ostensibly because they are not comfortable being on camera. It just bothers me because Nick CANNOT express that. He may be able to now ask for chicken, and that's a HUGE accomplishment. But he isn't verbal enough to be able to say, "I don't like it when the cameras are here". Heck, he may not even be able to understand why he feels uncomfortable. I mean, maybe he is fine with it, but every Autistic kid I know does not do well with overstimulation - and a crowd of people in the house, lights, equipment, etc. seems very overstimulating, to me. 

• Love 4

Exactly. We have seen various kids across the franchises who haven't been shown much, or at all - ostensibly because they are not comfortable being on camera. It just bothers me because Nick CANNOT express that. He may be able to now ask for chicken, and that's a HUGE accomplishment. But he isn't verbal enough to be able to say, "I don't like it when the cameras are here". Heck, he may not even be able to understand why he feels uncomfortable. I mean, maybe he is fine with it, but every Autistic kid I know does not do well with overstimulation - and a crowd of people in the house, lights, equipment, etc. seems very overstimulating, to me. 

I disagree that Nicholas can't communicating what he wants and doesn't want-that pretty much flies in the face of what Jacqueline told us about his recovery progress.  If Nicholas can verbalize want he wants he can certainly verbalize what he doesn't want.  I think it would be pretty obvious if he were affected by the cameras in a negative way.

You assume there is a crowd, is it not just as likely that there is a single camera person in the room when Nicholas is filming?  Is not just as likely Nicholas is use to video cameras because some of his various therapy sessions are taped?  They appear to be single camera shots.  I believe from what we have seen is Nicholas is brought in to film for a very limited period of time and then removed by a competent provider to another part of the house.

Nicholas goes to school, he rides in cars, he goes to therapists, he goes to group play, he visits his parents friends and extended family, people come over to visit the family, he is around outside stimuli all the time-he is not restricted to just the Laurita house-with just Chris, Jac and CJ.  My objection in general to kids under 14 years of age-is this is a show that is directed for an adult audience.  Between the swearing, the physical violence and the sexual innuendo it really isn't appropriate.  Unlike professional kid actors, the kids in these shows want to see themselves and their parents on TV.  I think it would be darn near impossible to have a child 10 or so filmed and tell them-okay you can only watch the part you are on.

• Love 3

I disagree that Nicholas can't communicating what he wants and doesn't want-that pretty much flies in the face of what Jacqueline told us about his recovery progress.  If Nicholas can verbalize want he wants he can certainly verbalize what he doesn't want.  I think it would be pretty obvious if he were affected by the cameras in a negative way.

You assume there is a crowd, is it not just as likely that there is a single camera person in the room when Nicholas is filming?  Is not just as likely Nicholas is use to video cameras because some of his various therapy sessions are taped?  They appear to be single camera shots.  I believe from what we have seen is Nicholas is brought in to film for a very limited period of time and then removed by a competent provider to another part of the house.

Nicholas goes to school, he rides in cars, he goes to therapists, he goes to group play, he visits his parents friends and extended family, people come over to visit the family, he is around outside stimuli all the time-he is not restricted to just the Laurita house-with just Chris, Jac and CJ.  My objection in general to kids under 14 years of age-is this is a show that is directed for an adult audience.  Between the swearing, the physical violence and the sexual innuendo it really isn't appropriate.  Unlike professional kid actors, the kids in these shows want to see themselves and their parents on TV.  I think it would be darn near impossible to have a child 10 or so filmed and tell them-okay you can only watch the part you are on.

We have to remember that Nick has always been around cameras from the time he was born! They have always been a part of his home life so I do not think they would or do upset him. I am also sure that the camera crew were more like part of the family to him, people he saw all the time and interacted with daily.

And to address that Nick's autism diagnosis on the show is more about Jac/Chris, why is that a problem? They can not speak for Nick, tell us what he thinks/feels but they can explain what they are going through. Sharing their journey, as parents of an autistic child, can be very helpful for many that are sharing that same journey. 

• Love 2
You're right. I can see saving enough money to buy the lot and the construction and all that goes with it, but then afterwards, I just can't imagine how they can keep up with the rising taxes and all the upkeep that a home that large requires. I mean, is Richie going to mow the lawn, clear the gutters etc. on a house that big? The property tax payment alone based on the lot and house size is money you could spend traveling or doing something else worthwhile instead of handing over for garbage collection and schools. I can understand building if you hit it big in stocks, or selling a company, or an inheritance with lots of money left over.  But the Wakilies move up seems to be a head scratcher. I understand why they would want it, but not where the money came from/will come from to live in it over the next ten years

I have mentioned this on other HW threads...I read an article on wealthy people who had built 25,000 and up square feet homes (with one outlier being 50,000 square feet).  All of these people could easily afford these mansions (unlike most of the people on this show).  However, every single one of them regretted the decision.  The constant maintenance required on the homes of this size meant they had no privacy.  One family had downgraded their staff from two dozen servants to only three people.

Having a grand gigantic home is wonderful, IF you can afford it (which includes upkeep and utilities); otherwise it is a gigantic drain of time and resources.

• Love 1

I cannot stand the twins --- how old are they? That one rubbing suntan oil on her breast while talking to the pool boy was gross --- especially since she LOOKS like she could be his mother.

The scene about downsizing made me despise Tre and Joe even more. Really, downsizing to 8,800 sq ft --- good grief. I have no idea where they think they will have any money to buy a house of any size, given the amount of their debt.

I understand Kathy wanting to get a bigger home, we did the same because our children aren't local and we love having them and their spouses here, along with my two new grandbabies. However, that house was just too much, imo. I can't imagine them having the money for that and hope they aren't counting on HW money.

The additions this season make the show hard for me to watch. I fast forward through so much.

I like a toned down Melissa.

• Love 1

Add me to the growing list of ppl that want to see receipts for Casa Cannoli.

Give me a break. What on earth would the Wakiles want with a house like that, except to keep up with the Joneses?

Also, Jac and Kath were canned for a reason: NOBODY. CARES. That hasn't changed!

So this whole thing about bringing them back was ridiculous. Even bringing Dina back accomplished nothing.

She's another one who can hit the road.

Hell, maybe this whole franchise needs to go Chapter 11 along with all their cast members.

• Love 5

And to address that Nick's autism diagnosis on the show is more about Jac/Chris, why is that a problem? They can not speak for Nick, tell us what he thinks/feels but they can explain what they are going through. Sharing their journey, as parents of an autistic child, can be very helpful for many that are sharing that same journey. 

I agree with this.  I don't think it's a bad thing to show the struggle the parents are dealing with in regards to their autistic son.  We know it's difficult for Nick, we see it when he has issues communicating.  And as I've stated before, showing what they are going through is extremely helpful for many parents who feel they are alone.  Look at Kelly Stapleton.  She felt alone and at the end of her rope because she felt no one understood or wanted to offer help, so she made the decision to take her and her daughter's life and is now on trial for it.  I think Jac and Chris showing that "Hey, this is what it's like and it's not as easy as some of you may think." is commendable.  Moreso considering a lot of people consider autism to be what they saw in Rain Man.

• Love 2

Here is what Kathy had to say about moving on up-apparently both college attending kids are still living at home.  I always remind myself Kathy's mother is still waiting for Rosie to move out to downsize or rightsize her home. http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-jersey/season-6/blogs/kathy-wakile/praying-for-a-positive-outcome-for-ter

Interesting that you brought up Kathy's mom.  It also could be a case of Rosie not moving out because her mother would be all alone or that she can't afford to keep the house on her own.  I also don't recall Kathy's mom ever driving a car or arriving places on her own.  I realize we don't see enough of her on the show to make assumptions but it's also possible that Kathy has plans for her mother to eventually live in the new house as well, giving Rosie a chance to be out on her own.

Questions

1. what happened to Jac's face? The reference to Easter Island had me rolling. Soon her eyes will be on the sides of her face, like a fish.

2. Does anyone believe Kathy and Jac have a relationship outside the show?  I'm just not feeling it. 

3. Does Bravo really think we are morons regarding Amber and her doctor's visit. What crap. The Producers are getting sloppy.

4. Kevin Jonas is building house now?  

• Love 1

I sympathize in a broad sense with Jacqueline; everyone wants their babies to be healthy, full stop.  But, my God.  She is the worst.  (Okay, everyone is the worst in her own unique way).  Probably the actual worst.  I completely agree that after showing her enormous ass as a truly terrible parent - and yes, of course Teresa G. is a heinous parent in every way, but that does nothing to make anyone else look better - to Assley, after being the cuntiest SIL and friend ever to every single woman on the cast, she has used her vulnerable son to attempt to rehab her image as a warrior against autism, and I find that so vile I can't even find words for it.  This is a MMV thing, but in my heart, I personally do not find the 'raising awareness' argument to pass muster.  The deserved controversy that liarface Jenny McCarthy's Oprah appearances and "The View" tenure produced, the success of Autism Speaks as a national charity with the rare unified support of 'liberal' and 'conservative' celebrities alike, the discrediting of the fraudulent Andrew Wakefield study - there are a lot of different avenues that have raised awareness.  A shady fuck of a Housewife who product-places BLKWATER within reach of her autistic son and mousses his hair to look like a duck's bum and stages her TH's so that we can see her four-foot-wide neck cry (that's not stress, and it's not new - Jacqueline has had the neck of an NFL left tackle since episode 1, season 1) and see her try to squeeze tears out of her Easter Island face - that to me does not raiseawareness of what Nick will be coping with at least in the near future.  It raises awareness of how delusional Jacqueline sees herself as some kind of martyred heroine.

TL; DR.  Jacqueline has always designed herself to be trapped in forces beyond her control: she was trapped between Dinyell and Caroline!  Between Dinyell and Dina!  Between Ashleigheeie and her real kids (you know it's true)!  Between Teresa and everyone else!  Between what a mirror showed her and a seductive pile of injectibles!  She has always been scarily unstable, emotionally labile and just fucknuts crazy.  She has no emotional self-control, never did - well before Nick's birth, when she was pitting Dinyell against her family and vice-versa, and well before Nick's diagnosis -- she says she saw regression around 18 months, and before that, she was washing her hands of her troubled daughter and deliberately turning a giant, fucking tacky cross to camera during her big crying scene.  Her Twitter documents her deep thirst for drama and her inability to separate reality from whatever Looney Tunes loop plays in her enormous head.  I feel so much for her children.  Even in her edited scenes, she's always seemed on the cusp of a giant, teary meltdown when Nick struggles.  There is nothing 'educational' about that.  

I wish the Giudices were off the show for many reasons but now it's because I'm so weary of the arguments about using them as a corny-assed teachable moment about What Not To Do.  It's a tragic situation for their children.

Kathy, take your Gonzo lookalike overstuffed self with 'your' prefabricated desserts (every single 'Italian' specialty her trifling, horfing ass has presented has the very specific plastic sheen that you recognize in every dessert display case of every single deli in the tristate area) go away and never, ever come back.  How marvelous that all of that hard work is getting you a 1%'s property - how realistic, for a hairdresser rumored to be extended out of the giant eyeballs and her gas-station franchise owning but bill-evading slug husband, to upgrade in a still down economy to a giant house.   No house of cards there!  Kathy is the good one, the nice one, the victim -- that's why she, like the deservedly hated Melissa, showed up with her Frankenstein's monster of a sister to be Kathy The Giant-Assed Angel, when her relationship was at a nadir with the show's star (even if a world in which Teresa Giudice is a reality star is a terrible world.  Ours is a terrible world).  Kathy works really super hard, but don't take my word for it, take Kathy's!  She's a savior of unattended children and she only screams about people being 'fucking bitches' when she thinks closed doors turn off mic packs, and of course she's always supported her gay sister...sort of!  Don't all saints self-canonize?

Midnightcheese, I love you for this!!

• Love 4
Give me a break. What on earth would the Wakiles want with a house like that, except to keep up with the Joneses?

I know several Italian American families with 30 year old "kids" living at home.   I suspect part of the upgrading is to make living at home so attractive to the kids that they don't move away, either into the/a city, or away where housing is affordable.  Sure they had room in the old house, but this house might have a movie theatre, and a spa, and a gym, and a 6 car garage, and private bathrooms in each suite.

• Love 1

I know several Italian American families with 30 year old "kids" living at home.   I suspect part of the upgrading is to make living at home so attractive to the kids that they don't move away, either into the/a city, or away where housing is affordable.  Sure they had room in the old house, but this house might have a movie theatre, and a spa, and a gym, and a 6 car garage, and private bathrooms in each suite.

I think that is what Kathy is thinking.  If her son goes to school for 4-6 years and wants to live at home she is building the kids suites.  So as they go through college they will have a bedroom and committed study area and assume if they ever marry and have kids they will have a nice little suite for the family for sleepovers.

I don't think Kathy and Rich are counting on RH money to fund this home.  Reading about the taxes and utilities in the area, it looks like they are into for about $4-5,000 a month before a mortgage payment, if any.

I cannot stand the twins --- how old are they? That one rubbing suntan oil on her breast while talking to the pool boy was gross --- especially since she LOOKS like she could be his mother.

The scene about downsizing made me despise Tre and Joe even more. Really, downsizing to 8,800 sq ft --- good grief. I have no idea where they think they will have any money to buy a house of any size, given the amount of their debt.

I understand Kathy wanting to get a bigger home, we did the same because our children aren't local and we love having them and their spouses here, along with my two new grandbabies. However, that house was just too much, imo. I can't imagine them having the money for that and hope they aren't counting on HW money.

The additions this season make the show hard for me to watch. I fast forward through so much.

I like a toned down Melissa.

Alex McCord said something interesting about the original RHONYC and production asking them to slow down when they were speaking.  The twins talk way to fast and then use the dead air time to repeat themselves and jabber.  I am curious if they do it when they aren't around each other.  I too find them annoying.  They say something and then put it in question form.  We need long, hot peepers.  I wonder if they have long hot peppers? Here are the peppers there are no long hot peppers?  Would the long hot peppers be here?  We need long hot peppers.  Do you have any long hot peppers?  These look like they are mild ones.  Are these mild ones?  In my slow Napa Valley mind-it would be look, ask produce clerk, find substitute. 

I think it is Nicole that jabbers the most.  She was even talking to her closet at the Boca house.

• Love 1

It seems to be presuming a lot to me to say that Kathy and Rich cannot afford their new home, or that they have not given thought to whether or not they want such a large home. She said they have been thinking about this for 15 years. Rich seems to own a lucrative gas station. He also seems to have done well flipping houses over the years. Maybe they saved and invested wisely over the years? Maybe there is family money on his side?  If they were doing well before Kathy got the HW gig, for all we know they banked the money she made during her stint. They never seemed to spend wildly in the past. They didn't own a home on the Jersey shore, they rented one. If they are counting on Bravo Bucks to make this new lifestyle a reality I would agree they are dumber than dirt. If not, it looks like they have a plan, know what they want, and are moving forward. It is way stranger to me that Mel and Joey have the money to build the house they are (they never will), or that Teresa and Joe were ever able to fool folks into thinking they could afford the one that they have.

• Love 3

About Jacqueline's face. I was at a medi-spa and there was a video playing on a loop for a filler (I'd never heard of it, something made me think it wasn't an big pharma one) and Jacqueline was the spokesperson for it. They showed her before and after picture and I LOLd in the waiting room, no lie. The "before" was with bad lighting to purposefully give her bags under the eyes and jowls and the after was in full makeup and instagrammed to death. I can't think of a worse advertisement for whatever product it was. 

The editors got in a good one this week. Kathy praised Jacquie for Nicholas' success due to "all her hard work" while they showed the nanny playing with him in a different room. Heh.

Joe Gorga, you're so ignorant. Not wanting -- or WORSE -- not wanting your wife to have the sex discussion with your daughter is a travesty. Sure, she'll learn stuff from her friends but teach her to respect herself and her body not just be afraid of her father's wrath. Melissa will be carting that kid off to the clinic for birth control as soon as she hits puberty. I know so many families like this and, surprise, surprise, almost all of them had unplanned pregnancies and then have the nerve to complain how they have to work so much harder than anyone else because they were young moms. Sorry, no sympathy here. 

We downsized this year -- from a 3-bedroom colonial to a 2-bedroom apartment with no bidet. Poor Theresa. My heart breaks for her.

• Love 1

The editors got in a good one this week. Kathy praised Jacquie for Nicholas' success due to "all her hard work" while they showed the nanny playing with him in a different room. Heh.

It wasn't the nanny.  It was the Music Therapist.  She was on last year as well and Jac mentioned that she works with Nick several times a week.  

• Love 4

Questions

1. what happened to Jac's face? The reference to Easter Island had me rolling. Soon her eyes will be on the sides of her face, like a fish.

2. Does anyone believe Kathy and Jac have a relationship outside the show?  I'm just not feeling it. 

3. Does Bravo really think we are morons regarding Amber and her doctor's visit. What crap. The Producers are getting sloppy.

4. Kevin Jonas is building house now?  

In answer to question number two, nope.  Kathy was just being a good little girl for Bravo, praising Jac and listing off who all lives in the neighborhood so she could drop Caroline and Dina's names.  I never believed that she and Richie were close to JoeGo and Melissa either.  Her delivery is so wooden and her face is so expressionless, that I think she's just reciting off lines from a Bravo script.   Having her and Jac on the show added nothing for me since I didn't think they said or did anything that was very interesting.

Jac disgusts me.  She's supposedly soooooo busy caring for Nick and his therapy is soooooo expensive yet she has plenty of time and money to make herself look like a freak.  I thought season 1 Jac was pretty.  Now she just looks scary.   There is something really off about her and my heart aches for her kids.

• Love 3
I thought season 1 Jac was pretty.  Now she just looks scary.

So agree. Mr. Ghoulina will glance at my shows from time to time if he's in the same room. He used to think Jac was really pretty and one of the only natural looking housewives. He walked through the other night and asked, "What is that???" When I told him who it was his jaw about hit the floor.

I know Bravo doesn't really care about this kind of technicality, but if I get a vote:  the one who's actually a housewife.

Real quick nothing to do with nothing sidebar:  On the night my 14.5 year old graduated from 8th grade, we went out to eat after the ceremony and ran into* Kevin and Danielle Jonas at the Wayne, NJ Cheesecake Factory.   He could see my daughter's reaction from where he and his family were sitting (there were no bonus Jonases, he was the only one).  He also caught me stopping her mid arm flap and as quietly as he could manage, told my daughter he'd be happy to take a selfie with her as soon as they were done with their meal.   I mouthed thank you.  Then we got moved to a table clean on the other side of the restaurant.    Do you know when he was leaving, the guy came to find her, snapped the picture he'd promised and told her happy graduation?  Such a sweet boy.    Little Wilder said she wasn't going to wash her hands for a week, henceforth.  I said we're about to eat, you'll wash them right now.   Our compromise was her walking outside to let rain fall on her palms. 

*by "ran into" I mean I know something big deal-y had happened because my kid started fangirl hyperventilating and acting as though she'd forgotten how to properly execute taking a damn seat.

I remember being wholeheartedly team Kathy when this happened.  I still am, but with some perspective and more history and what you wrote just before that ;) I think what grinds Tree's gears about her cousin is that Kathy can be a little sanctimonious.  And I mean it's really light sometimes, it's easy to miss without the history, but I don't blame Teresa for here is what I think she was really bothered by, which is, in my opinion, Kathy's implication that:  your children weren't your first priority, but they were mine.   Which is subtly and more to the point shittily different than:  I just wanted to help by getting the kids outta the way.     More and more often since then, in Kathy and Teresa's delivery, I noticed it about her.  It's not nice. 

zoeysmom, thanks for that link to the Lincoln Park house.  By the looks of though girl?  I don't think they ever lived there.  They did own a fair number of properties during the bubble though so maybe that was one they were trying to turn around quickly.    Doesn't surprise me that they couldn't unload it, lipstick on a pig near a highway.   Not good.

Lablover I missed the update on how Labpuppy's feeling since snakebite?

Aw thank you for asking.  He's laying at my feet right now.  He and his ton of hair is fine now!  I will divorce Mr. Lablover if he ever takes him hiking again.  Faster than Milania takes down Adrianna.  "Get the fuck out and don't touch my dog you old troll."  Hee.  jk.

Some of you mentioned how the twins look elderly. I think it's due not only to the beef jerky skin but also due to the lack of natural eyebrows. That makes them look pretty odd.

Yes.  That may be it.  Come next season, they will both change their looks.  Their boobs look hard though.  How shallow is this comment.  I did re-watch and thankfully now can recognize the difference, thanks to you all. 

Is that pearl necklace clutching or does Joe not have that good of aim?

Oh, thank you thank you thank you.  I didn't know what a pearl necklace is, and I hate looking that stuff up on the internet because it's always waaaay too much information, plus I feel like a pervert, and Google and the NSA know I'm a pervert.  However, I think I figured it out.  Or close enough, anyway.

• Love 1
It would not have hurt he to have said one nice thing about the home.  Maybe if she is lucky the family can return to Lincoln Park-their roots.

I didn't see her say anything negative about the house at all. But I heard her say to her dad that it was nice.

I think that having Kathy around made Teresa extremely defensive and mean-spirited.

I know her presence would make me feel that way!

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 4

I finally realized who Amber's doctor reminds me of, Dr. Fishman, a.k.a., the literal doctor, from Arrested Development.

http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0029703/quotes

Ha.  If only they could have "lost" Amber the way that they lost George Bluth Sr.  And hey if Lil' Jimbo somehow lapsed into a hysterical Buster-style coma, that'd be alright by me. 

I thought season 1 Jac was pretty.  Now she just looks scary.   There is something really off about her and my heart aches for her kids.

So true.  It's like ....wait? Is this another promo for American Horror Story 4: Freak Show?  Oh never mind, it is just Jacqueline wearing a scary fright mask. 

While she was never a beautiful woman (imo) I think her natural face was definitely cute. Why oh why these women think that stretching and pulling and injecting their face within an inch of its life looks good I will never, ever understand!

• Love 4

I kind of love that Kabuki Jac was brought back, if only because it probably pissed the zen out of Dina.

Not a fan of Melissa's bikini, but I do thank the 89-year old baby Jesus for the milf candy.

• Love 1

Melissa did look good.  She was on WWHL the other night and she was still peddling the "I never had a nose job; it's just contouring line"  Yes contouring will make your nose look thinner, but I swear she used to have a bump when she was a cheerleader.

• Love 1

Melissa did look good. She was on WWHL the other night and she was still peddling the "I never had a nose job; it's just contouring line" Yes contouring will make your nose look thinner, but I swear she used to have a bump when she was a cheerleader.

Melissa did admit to a nose job that she had done years ago. She was saying that she didn't have a recent rhinoplasty surgery done.

Edited by featherhead

In Texas ABA therapy is a covered expense but the insurance only pays $12 an hr but therapy costs anywhere from 75$ An hour to $125 an hour and several hours a week are often needed. My son was getting 12 hours a week and it cost 3500 a month. We had to stop because we could no longer afford it. There is insurance that will pay better but it costs $850 monthly to $950 monthly for the premium. So yes it is costly but crucial for early intervention. It can mean a huge difference in a child being able to reach his full potential. This journey ain't no walk in the park let me tell ya. I feel for Jac, it's extremely tough. Parents find themselves trying to figure out how to deal with their Childs diagnosis, treatments etc while at thesametime fighting the insurance company and the school district. Not for the faint of heart. My son just went to the dentist for a deep cleaning and fluride treatment. He must take Valium and have nitrous plus extra time to get it all done. Costs us 341 dollars every time. Ins should pay some of it because of medical necessity but refuse every year.

I fell in love with little Nick when he was a baby and I feel thesame way about him now.

• Love 4

If you were married to Rich, wouldn't you want to have as much square footage as possible to put between you and that idiot? Hell, I'd be including panic rooms and secret passageways in the blueprints.

Well, I'd definitely start with separate bedrooms.

• Love 2

I thought the opposite. Watching these morons go grocery shopping and bitching because the Florida grocery store doesn't stock the items they do in Jersey, then sit around the dinner table talking about sex (how original) could not be more boring to me. Really after the hours of footage they shoot, this is the best that they decide to air?  I did laugh when Dina and Melissa said the twins never shut up. They were right on target with that comment!

My mother lives not far from where they were, and while I was watching I was perplexed that they weren't staying in a full-on fabulous Boca home or hotel right on the ocean! And they flew into Miami, which people don't really do when they go to Boca. It's a gorgeous, real-money area (they let us 99%-ers in, though!) and not to show the best -- so much more upscale and lovely than (sorry in advance to Jerseyites) anything in NJ, including the shore, where I spent all my childhood summers -- is a mystery.

It was fun to see Joseph's Market, though; they carry Italian stuff Publix doesn't  -- and not that I have an ounce of respect for any of these losers, but they are gals who can put honest-to-goodness delicious food on the table!

According to Jim's twitter rants that helpful snarkers have been posting, Jim says Bobby is rich.  So I'm sure he has been sucking up to Bobby big time for a number of years.

Amber sounded seriously drunk (or high) during the call to Dina.  I'm sure that's why she didn't catch the distinct lack of enthusiasm on Dina's part.

Amber wouldn't have any "friends" if she wasn't a pro at overlooking distinct lacks of enthusiasm!! The girl you go out of your way to avoid in an office hallway or school cafeteria.

Yes, Lablover! That's right. :)

It's fun seeing the girls have fun in Florida together. While I want to know what happens with Jim when he shows up, since we know he's mean and ridiculous, it's kind of underwhelming.

However, just like Tamara from OC, I bet Melissa knew what a pearl necklace and other sexual acts are. Obviously, I don't know that as a fact, but it still makes me roll my eyes.

I agree -- how else would she have known what to charge gentlemen?

-- and not that I have an ounce of respect for any of these losers, but they are gals who can put honest-to-goodness delicious food on the table!

No doubt, the food porn has always been a strong point of this franchise. For as long as I've disliked some of these jokers, I'd still eat my face off if invited to their tables.

• Love 2

long beach lisa - off topic, but IMO Publix carries everything anybody needs. And I'm originally from LI NY and terribly miss my Italian deli's. My sympathies though to those who can't frequent Publix (mainly live in DC so only get to go when at my family's house in north Florida). I'm admittedly a jealous hater about Publix.

BTW - are you from Long Beach LI? If so I was a relative neighbor in South Merrick and my family has pretty strong ties in LB. For those who don't know, Long Beach is a fabulous little village on a LI barrier island on the Atlantic Ocean - was suburban/urban before it was trendy.

• Love 1

This comment is in regards to Jacquelin's drinking. I would never categorize someone as an alcoholic for putting baileys in their coffee or having a glass of wine. Most people that I know have had a glass of wine to unwind or a drink if that is their preference. We connot judge something like that based on seeing brief moments in their lives. Every woman on every Real Housewives franchise is shown drinking alcohol, with the exception of Kandi from RHOA, I have only seen her drinking water or NA beverages. Stating that someone is an alcoholic is.a huge accusation to make when we have seen so little.of their real lives. Just my opinion. By the way I am not a huge Jac fan, I just thought the alcoholism label is a little over the top.

How about Drunky McSkunky or Tipsy McFarland? Lol. Really it's Bravo - they ply them with drinks - the twins this week were blaming everything on the "Belvidere!"  And Nicole is always being shown having Bobby ask her for a drink.  Bravo loves to highlight whenever a HW is drinking.  I do recall a season when they seemed to be highlighting Jac drinking.  That's on Bravo.

I do think Jac has impulse control issues and is a Twitter-holic - like Jim Marchese.  She posts all the time and at times she is a lunatic on twitter - especially when she is feuding with someone.