Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler, Speculation and Social Media

• Start Topic

55 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Tissues not needed here.  I'm pretty sure that if Meri had cultivated a relationship with her bonus kids of Janelle and Christine, the greeting would have been just as effusive.  And...she would not have had to sit in purgatory for 6 months to come in contact with them.

Too bad, Meri is the loser here.  She has forever lost the opportunity to intimately know 12 fine kids.

I couldn't agree more.

None of those 12 kids seem willing to put forth any effort to see Meri, and that tells me a lot about Meri. One of them, Maddie, has even called her abusive and gone no contact with her.

That's how Meri treated people when she was Head Bitch. 

How she treats people now that's she low man on the totem pole is of little interest to me. Anyone can be nice when they need something. Reminds me of the old saying "A person who's nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person." She's just sucking up to the current Head Bitch and trying to get into Kody's house, because let's face it, he lives there full time. Wherever Robyn and her kids are, that's where Kody's going to be (except it didn't work - he's hiding from her, and isn't even in this clip! 😆).

She has her own agenda. If she's developed some kind of relationship with those kids that's great, but there are also ulterior motives going on.

Meri (and plenty of the others) are aware of optics...they probably know it has become obvious on the show that Meri was not a good bonus mom to the first 12, and they are backpedaling by trying to show what a great bonus mom she is to Robyn's kids. 

Also, if Meri was sitting at home all alone following the rules, there was no reason for a "touching reunion"...because if everything is as they say it was, there was no reason to exclude Meri in the first place. 

• Love 23

You know upon rewatch, I still think Meri alienated herself and failed to forge relationships with the other kids. But I'm seeing much more manipulative behavior from Christine and Janelle as well (more than I had remembered). The theory of triangulation comes to mind. I do think Meri made herself an outsider (problematic toxic behavior) but Christine and Janelle pushed that narrative hard. I'm not sure there was any way for Meri to ever recover even if she had tried.

I really do wonder what would have happened if Meri had contributed more to the baby popping. As others have said, Christine was the traditional stay at home wife. While Janelle was the traditional working husband.  Meri always circulated on the outside of that dynamic. So even though they moved to LV and the Christine/Janelle dynamic shifted,  the initial narrative  stuck. And it got retold to the family over and over again, on air, season after season. How much did the show reinforce this reality?

So Meri's second chance was with Robyn's kids. I can't fault her for trying there. So for me I thought the "reunion" scene was genuine and touching. I can live with it - just this once. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

I couldn't agree more.

None of those 12 kids seem willing to put forth any effort to see Meri, and that tells me a lot about Meri. One of them, Maddie, has even called her abusive and gone no contact with her.

That's how Meri treated people when she was Head Bitch. 

How she treats people now that's she low man on the totem pole is of little interest to me. Anyone can be nice when they need something. Reminds me of the old saying "A person who's nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person." She's just sucking up to the current Head Bitch and trying to get into Kody's house, because let's face it, he lives there full time. Wherever Robyn and her kids are, that's where Kody's going to be (except it didn't work - he's hiding from her, and isn't even in this clip! 😆).

She has her own agenda. If she's developed some kind of relationship with those kids that's great, but there are also ulterior motives going on.

Meri (and plenty of the others) are aware of optics...they probably know it has become obvious on the show that Meri was not a good bonus mom to the first 12, and they are backpedaling by trying to show what a great bonus mom she is to Robyn's kids. 

Also, if Meri was sitting at home all alone following the rules, there was no reason for a "touching reunion"...because if everything is as they say it was, there was no reason to exclude Meri in the first place. 

THIS. Meri is still jostling for position—she is not a nice person. This is just an act. 

• Love 17

Did anyone else notice, there is a Christmas tree in the background of Robyn's living room in the scene where Meri visits? Methinks she was not invited to Thanksgiving after all... this looks like it took place afterward. Unless of course Robyn's nanny puts up the tree before Turkey Day.

• Useful 6
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, Teafortwo said:

Did anyone else notice, there is a Christmas tree in the background of Robyn's living room in the scene where Meri visits? Methinks she was not invited to Thanksgiving after all... this looks like it took place afterward. Unless of course Robyn's nanny puts up the tree before Turkey Day.

I will have to go back and watch, I am even surprised they let her in the house with the 85 page set of rules. I honestly don't know of anyone who puts a tree up before Thanksgiving, fakety fake

However I was mortified going to the grocery store on New Years Day to see they already had the Valentines candies out

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I honestly don't know of anyone who puts a tree up before Thanksgiving, fakety fake

Maybe not fake. I know of several people who do that.  Personally,  I do one holiday at at a time.  No Christmas until after Thanksgivng leftovers are consumed. 

But these yahoos seem to exist on a parallel plane so anything is possible.  Expecially since we are seeing stuff filmed 18 months ago that wasn't interesting then and certainly isn't now.

• Love 16
10 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

You know upon rewatch, I still think Meri alienated herself and failed to forge relationships with the other kids. But I'm seeing much more manipulative behavior from Christine and Janelle as well (more than I had remembered). The theory of triangulation comes to mind. I do think Meri made herself an outsider (problematic toxic behavior) but Christine and Janelle pushed that narrative hard. I'm not sure there was any way for Meri to ever recover even if she had tried.

I really do wonder what would have happened if Meri had contributed more to the baby popping. As others have said, Christine was the traditional stay at home wife. While Janelle was the traditional working husband.  Meri always circulated on the outside of that dynamic. So even though they moved to LV and the Christine/Janelle dynamic shifted,  the initial narrative  stuck. And it got retold to the family over and over again, on air, season after season. How much did the show reinforce this reality?

So Meri's second chance was with Robyn's kids. I can't fault her for trying there. So for me I thought the "reunion" scene was genuine and touching. I can live with it - just this once. 

That was an interesting post to read. I had never thought of it that way. Especially the question what would have become of Meri if she'd had her 8 spirit babies.

I personally think that it would have made her less bitter. I don't like her, but it must have been hard to see your other family members popping out more babies when you can't. But I doubt it would have changed her into a more pleasant sister wife. If anything, she'd be more of an April Briney (Seeking Sister Wife) who was constantly bossing and manipulating her sister wives and definitely felt that she and her brood were more important than the rest. 

• Love 16

I know a number of families that put up the Christmas tree and at least a few decorations in time for Thanksgiving.  It's all part of the holiday season celebration.  They are usually the same families that make an event out of day after Thanksgiving shopping as well (or at least used to).

• Love 15
22 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

oh, and shut up, Robyn.

Loathsome creature . . . Meri’s isolation was Sobyn’s doing.  Big of her to lament about it now in front of the cameras.  I know that many don’t like Meri, and she has certainly done a lot to earn people’s distain, but she does seem to genuinely love those kids and I feel for anyone who was alone during this pandemic.  Being an extrovert myself, I can tell you that isolation is torture.  And I agree with @Sandy W that Meri missed out on being with the other 12.  They are great people and she would have had much easier access to family that way.  Too bad she burned those bridges with the moms and some of the kids.

• Love 15

Why are Robyn's kids so over the top emotional about everything?

And before blaming Robyn's kids for their reactions about the holiday situation, remember that they only know what Robyn and Kody tell them. It is unlikely they have any interaction with Janelle or Christine or the other kids, and Kody probably makes them out to be the devil. And they're not totally wrong that Janelle and Christine begged to get together and then bailed when it was finally allowed. Meri and Robyn's kids are total outsiders from the rest of the family, and that's been the case for years, long before Flagstaff. 

• Love 16

It's been mentioned here before, but I remember when Savanah was excited to have a similar aged girl in Robyn's family (Breanna) to be friendly with and be a playmate.  Sad for S that it didn't work out.  Robyn's always wanted HER kids to be more special than the original 13, and she's probably talked smack about the non-Robyn's to her own spawn.  

• Love 19
9 minutes ago, Granny58 said:

oh, I never heard that.  was it on the show or elsewhere?

It was on Twitter. Meri tweeted that someone wasn’t working at their potential. She also said, “Lularoe isn’t fun or a hobby, but a business to be taken seriously.”. She didn’t mention any names.

After that, Maddie tweeted, seemingly referring to Meri. She did not use any names. Then Maddie deleted her Twitter.

E6041C8B-042C-4F05-BC71-E1FFD89A0A20.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 3
  • Love 10
12 hours ago, sharkerbaby said:

I know a number of families that put up the Christmas tree and at least a few decorations in time for Thanksgiving.  It's all part of the holiday season celebration.  They are usually the same families that make an event out of day after Thanksgiving shopping as well (or at least used to).

We used to do that!  Go shopping on the Friday after Thanksgiving, get a tree, decorate it over the weekend and then....  UNdecorate the rilly rilly DRY tree the day after Christmas.

Of course, this was back in the 60's......

• Love 9
On 1/8/2022 at 8:27 AM, Joan of Argh said:

I agree, AROARa sounded like a parrot reading the script given to her by Robyn

I wanted to smack her when she said something like “so as soon as we find common ground to spend time together they don’t want to” 

ummm no you moron, “common ground” is when all parties have a say and find a way to make it work…. There’s give and take…that’s not what happened, Kodouche and Goiter Neck wrote out 2 pages of ridiculous rules and wouldn’t give an inch!

There is another scene where she brings in the older daughter to talk Meri into Coyote Pass. The way they exchange glances between each other seems like it was staged and she had been fed a script too

• Useful 6
  • Love 1
On 1/6/2022 at 7:27 AM, LilyD said:

I highly doubt there's another baby in the mansion. It would  make for a great storyline which translates into dollars and Kody would want to show off his new trophy everywhere. (Unless, one of Robyn's girls lost her cookies, which could be a reason to hide it, but since the girls are shackled to the house I deem that unlikely as well)

From a medical point of view; Robyn is now 43 so pretty old to have another child. It's not impossible of course but it would be very hard to conceive, not to mention the other medical risks. And if she indeed suffers from thyroid issues (which I consider highly likely) then the chances of getting pregnant at 42 are probably close to nil. 

This might explain why Robyn "needs" a nanny. It's hard to believe that a woman who doesn't work, and whose youngest children are 4/5 and 9/10 years old. If there's an infant that needs to be kept out of the script, well, that changes the picture.

• Useful 6
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, winsomeone said:

When ever Robyn is talking, her eyes dart all over the place..she can not make eye contact with anyone it looks like?

Typical behaviour for people who lie or try to escape...

• Love 15
3 hours ago, winsomeone said:

When ever Robyn is talking, her eyes dart all over the place..she can not make eye contact with anyone it looks like?

2 hours ago, LilyD said:

Typical behaviour for people who lie or try to escape...

There was a comment on reddit from someone who worked with high school age theater. They said that Robyn looks like the school kids who are struggling to remember their lines.

• LOL 21
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Roslyn said:

There was a comment on reddit from someone who worked with high school age theater. They said that Robyn looks like the school kids who are struggling to remember their lines.

Substitute "lies" for "lines," and we have a winner!

When Robyn opens her yap, she's sure to be lying.

• LOL 19
  • Love 5

So I was just looking around the internet and saw a couple of things that were of interest.  You all have probably heard this.  Janelle is living in an apartment for the winter?  And in the summer, she lived in an RV?  That it's just Savannah and Janelle living in the apartment. WHUT?? Where did the boys go?  The one buying a house has it now? And the two of them live in HIS house now?

Why wouldn't Janelle and Savannah move in with the #1 Brown family in the mansion? OR with Meri at HER mansion?

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, LilyD said:

Could someone inform Meri that her filters missed the lines under her eyes? 

Her filters also forgot to make her appear deceptive slim 🤣. Same ‘ol rotund Meri, she must have been eating herself through the pandemic versus using the alone time to get more fit. In that mansion of hers, there’s certainly enough space for a treadmill and a Peloton. 

Also? I can’t stand it when Meri sings her words it’s SO GRATING. Her voice annoys the shit out of me. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

I think Meri is a normal sized woman. She isn’t skinny but is certainly not gigantic. 

Her upper torso is what is sometimes referred to as "large boned", and by wearing too tight clothing, it draws attention to this.  

• Love 8
28 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Her upper torso is what is sometimes referred to as "large boned", and by wearing too tight clothing, it draws attention to this.  

To me, Meri seems to be nearing Janelle-size minus the large lower belly Janelle has. Meri can’t edit herself unrecognizable on the show like she does with her social media posts (that’s the main reason I pick on her—or anyone who consistently edits themselves to appear 50lb less and 15 years younger than they actually are). 

2 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

I think Meri is a normal sized woman. She isn’t skinny but is certainly not gigantic. 

Perhaps only because that size is more common. It is certainly not “normal”—I remember an early episode where Meri was mortified she was over 200lb. She’s significantly larger now than she was then, so I can understand why this would be upsetting to her, however, she can certainly afford fitness programs. She’d feel and look better versus having to use filters all the time, faking it. 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

Perhaps only because that size is more common. It is certainly not “normal”—I remember an early episode where Meri was mortified she was over 200lb. She’s significantly larger now than she was then, so I can understand why this would be upsetting to her, however, she can certainly afford fitness programs. She’d feel and look better versus having to use filters all the time, faking it. 

Agree.  We've gotten so used to seeing much larger people.  30-50 years ago, people were much smaller.  You didn't often see very overweight people.  It was hard to find clothing for large people.  

• Love 9

I don’t think it’s about criticising Meri for being overweight/or criticising weight gain in general. We all know that pregnancies and growing older takes its toll on our bodies and specifically our weight. I think most of us out here fight the same battle, though some definitely struggle more than others and have to fight harder.

It’s about how Meri behaves on social media, both in her pictures and in words. It’s what @TurtlePower said about pretending you’re 50lbs less (I dare say it’s a lot more than that) and 15 years younger when you’re very obviously not, which everyone can see on the tv show. She’s faking everything and attacks or blocks anyone who dares to contradict her. And in the meantime, she posts the fake pictures under the hashtag of therealmeribrown. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 14

On Meri’s thread there was a post about Friday with friends  that said that they were filming for the show. I can’t help but being curious. Those five adults finishing each other off are sadly shocking and amusing. I really appreciate the lengthy talks out here as well.

I so wish I knew what the Browns are thinking at the moment. I doubt they were expecting to be so utterly humiliated by the TLC edit. All frustration, anger, lies and hatred were put out in the open for all of us to see. Kody really seems like a loose cannon and I highly doubt he remembers everything he said in front of the camera. Once it’s out, it gone and forgotten. And now all his “admissions” have come back to hit him at full force! That must be so hurtful to his wives and kids… the next season must be about the family falling completely apart. I can’t see any other outcome. 

Edited by LilyD
four adults should be five of course...
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Agree.  We've gotten so used to seeing much larger people.  30-50 years ago, people were much smaller.  You didn't often see very overweight people.  

When I Love Lucy was on TV, as a kid I remember Ethel being the fat lady, larger than any woman I'd see in my everyday life.  Looking at those old episodes today, she looks thinner than the average woman. Thinner than Janelle & Meri and about Christine's size.

• Love 12

Mykelti did a FB live last night. She, Avalon, Tony and "everyone in Christine's household" got covid. Tony went to a chess championship in Las Vegas, while Mykelti and Avalon were at Robyns, and he infected them after they reunited, and they gave it to Christine and Truely (maybe Aspyn and Mitch too, not sure).

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Teafortwo said:

Mykelti did a FB live last night. She, Avalon, Tony and "everyone in Christine's household" got covid. Tony went to a chess championship in Las Vegas, while Mykelti and Avalon were at Robyns, and he infected them after they reunited, and they gave it to Christine and Truely (maybe Aspyn and Mitch too, not sure).

I have been wondering if anyone got COVID in the family.  Thanks for the update.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Teafortwo said:

Mykelti said she herself was not vaccinated for reasons of “personal freedoms” but Aspyn was and had few symptoms.  Little Avalon even had it.  And she didn’t tell Kody until they were on the mend.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Teafortwo said:

Mykelti and the baby were at Robyn's?? When was that?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, MamaGee said:

Mykelti and the baby were at Robyn's?? When was that?

I think around New Years. And Mykelti keeps calling it Ahm-nih-kron. She also said Truly and Christine drove to AZ for filming, got tested (protocol before "going to work") and Truely tested positive so they had to go back to UT. Christine was negative but she'd had symptoms prior to Truely, so she assumes she had it. 

Mykelti said she slipped up by saying she wasn't vaxxed - then went on to say it was "for religious reasons and personal freedom." But she's been on "Vitamin 3D" and Liv and Plexus. Zomg

Edited by Teafortwo
  • Useful 4
8 hours ago, Kbo said:

That’s pretty much what I’d expect from Mykelti. She’s not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Any drawer 🙄

Mykelti really is a dimwit. 

8 hours ago, deirdra said:

So they got Covid in the past month or so, a year after what we are watching on TV.

So much for those “rules”. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, sharkerbaby said:

None of those that Mykelti reported as getting and recovering from Covid agreed to follow Kody's over the top rules.  Although Kody says he got it and he supposedly was following his rigorous protocol.

I wonder if any of them agreed to Mykelti sharing this.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, sharkerbaby said:

None of those that Mykelti reported as getting and recovering from Covid agreed to follow Kody's over the top rules.  Although Kody says he got it and he supposedly was following his rigorous protocol.

Way back when then pandemic was first being recognized as such here in the US, I read an article by a scientist (microbiologist?) that believed that eventually most of us, 80% or so, would get or at least be exposed to the virus over the coming years. I don’t have the citation for it, but it seems that that person was onto something.

Mykelti should not publicly share others’ health info without their permission. It is different if one is sharing it to others that may have been exposed to an infected person, of course.

• Love 15

So almost all the Browns got Covid except Janelles boys who Kody was so hard on!

I wonder if Robyn’s family caught Covid from Kody and I also wonder in which home Kody recooperated in?

Karma really is a bitch!

• Love 13
16 hours ago, sharkerbaby said:

The over the top part of the rules were eliminated by the CDC a long time ago.  That’s not why they caught it now. 

Would I have gone to A chess tournament in Vegas?  No, too many people too close together.  That’s on Tony,  and then on the rest of them for being around Tony and Mykelti within 5 days if his return. 

Something to notice in her comments?  Christine and Truely were on their way to Vegas around New Years to film. This means that they did not see Kody at Christmas… but they were probably going to film a fake a Christmas visit between Kody and Truely. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 7