Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E21: Talk Back Part 2 (Special Episode)

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

Is it just me or does anyone else think that the Talk Back, the Look Back and How's it Going all show the same scenes over and over. I know that I have seen the one with Robyn breaking down and storming off the set probably 4 time if not more. And the ones with Robyn, Meri and Kody at the picnic bench numerous times. 

• Like 12

Gosh I love all of the smart, witty people who post here. Lucky to have never suffered from any panic disorder, and am hesitant to judge her, just seeking history.  Is there any legitimate reason we have been shown to think Robyn has a diagnosed panic disorder? You sure think Kody would have played that card if so. Something like "Christine and Janelle were such awful sister wives because she's so fragile blah blah blah". AuRoaRa seems to have a similar high strung personality. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
3 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Robyn’s not having panic attacks.   She’s not panicking or anxious about watching clips.   She just doesn’t want to watch them and wants to reinforce her narrative that she’s being unfairly blamed  for breaking apart the family 

She just doesn't want to answer questions regarding the scenes in the clips! I would've made her watch it after she calmed down. Ridiculous woman.

I'm ticked about it too, because it would've been great for her to have to see and respond to Christine saying she just needed space. I wanted her to see that Christine didn't say that she never wanted to talk to Robyn or her kids ever again.

Would've been great to have her answer for twisting that so badly during that meeting and repeating it wrongly since then. Take away one avenue for her to play the victim.

also in case it hasn't been said today yet: Shut up, Robyn!

• Like 9
  • Applause 10
  • LOL 2

So we are to believe that when Kody sat at that picnic table and said to Robyn "You made me promise that if I wasn't in love with you anymore we wouldn't stay in it" (paraphrasing), and A WOMAN HE WAS MARRIED TO AT THAT TIME overheard and it didn't occur to her that had anything to do with her lackluster marriage?? Wowsers. Dense. 

• Like 14
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

Is it just me or does anyone else think that the Talk Back, the Look Back and How's it Going all show the same scenes over and over. I know that I have seen the one with Robyn breaking down and storming off the set probably 4 time if not more. And the ones with Robyn, Meri and Kody at the picnic bench numerous times. 

I can't keep them all straight, and I actually watched one of the episodes twice because I couldn't figure out if I had seen it before or just the preview clips. It doesn't help that they have a "recap" clip, then a "coming up" clip then the actual scene then a "next on Sister Wives" clip.

• Like 13
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, 65mickey said:

I believe what he actually said was  "You can fall in line or get the the hell out and they did."

This was after he announced he was doubling down on patriarchy, right? Didn't Janelle say, "That's not what I signed up for"?

• Like 16

All these talk back/look back shows have me confused.

But I would pay good money for an entire season based around Christine and Janelle's adventures, their kids and Christine's newlywed year - if we could have talk backs w/ Kody and Sobbyn being forced to watch and comment on the shows.

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 12
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

"Talk Back" and "Look Back" have this old lady confused, as well.  🙄

I think the problem keeping them...anything...straight is they show the same clips over and over and over and over ad nauseam, that we've seen them so much we can't remember where/when it was in context with what is going on now...

I don't know, I'm as confused as all of you are!! 

• Like 10
  • Applause 3

I'm sure TLC will milk this show for every penny they can, but at this point, it just feels like it's over. Watching Kody and Robyn on that couch just reinforced the fact that I never want to see either of them on my tv screen again.

I don't mind Christine, Janelle and Meri, but I really just wanted them to get away from Kody. And they have. Roll credits.

I can get the rest from Instagram. Or not.

• Like 8
  • Applause 4
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, altopower said:

This was after he announced he was doubling down on patriarchy, right? Didn't Janelle say, "That's not what I signed up for"?

He said this on one of the special episodes not sure if it was the look back, talk back or the other one. He was being interviewed by himself and he had on a blue and white checked shirt. He was on one of his usual tirades. He said about his wives they can all get in line or get the hell out, and they got out. This was not in one of the regular episodes. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 4
10 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

Meri's laugh during uncomfortable scenes is totally a defense mechanism, and it's really sad. 

I agree with this 100%. I hope that Meri has a support system in place to help her cope with the complete and final break from Kody. Jenn has caught on to Robyn's manipulation and is not afraid to let Meri know what she thinks about Robyn.  Even in her final scene with Jenn she speaks of Kody being in a bad place and not himself and being beat up in social media. She also speaks about Robyn really wanting her to stay and be part of the family. Meri needs deprogramming from this toxic cult. I wish Christine and Janelle  weren't so opposed to repairing their relationship with Meri. 

• Like 23
19 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Meri needs deprogramming from this toxic cult. I wish Christine and Janelle  weren't so opposed to repairing their relationship with Meri. 

I too wish this. Christine and Janelle must see and know well the pain Meri is going through. Out of nothing else but kindness over a shared situation, I wish they would reach out to her and help get her past this difficult spot. On the other hand if Meri was so mean to them long ago and that hurt is still in them, they may not want to help her in any way. I find that sad if that is the case, those 3 have a bond that not many ex-wives have and I wish they all could support each other through this mess. 

It is sad that Crybrows machinations kept Meri on the "hook" for so long believing there was hope that Kootie would take her back, that there was "hope". This supposed closeness w/Crybrows may be partly why the other two don't trust Meri completely, I don't know...it is just heartbreaking that Meri is left alone through this final recognition it is all over and Kootie hasn't wanted/loved her for years. To him, she was basically just part of the "meal ticket" TLC was supplying.

• Like 10
  • Love 4
40 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

This supposed closeness w/Crybrows may be partly why the other two don't trust Meri completely, I don't know.

I think that's exactly it. Meri "found" and nurtured Robyn into the family, and gave up her position as legal wife so Kody could adopt Robyn's kids. And she obviously adores their children, at least the tenders. Christine and Janelle have six children each and most of those 12 kids are very close, so the two of them have a lot in common. Robyn only really cared about her own children.

Christine and Janelle didn't trust Robyn from the beginning and seeing Meri consistently supporting Robyn and Kody would have lumped Meri and Robyn together as separate from the Moms. Seeing how badly Kody treated Meri would have made me feel sorry for her - but not enough to overlook the Meri/Robyn connection.

We've noticed that anything said to Robyn or Kody gets repeated to the other one. Christine and Janelle would have noticed that too.

• Like 12
  • Applause 8
On 12/30/2023 at 12:59 PM, RedLA said:

Does anyone think Coyote Pass will ever be anything but massive dirt lots with imaginary property lines?    I don’t.  

I am just sittin' here hoping that Kody and Robyn eventually erect a series of small tents on Coyote Pass to move into when the show ends and they can't ask Meri to borrow the money for their mortgage payments and David Yurman horse jewelry anymore.

On 12/30/2023 at 11:40 PM, islandgal140 said:

I really enjoyed this episode and will likely re-watch. I think this was more enjoyable and interesting than the tell all and perhaps even half of this season. 

Same!  These talk-back/look back/clap back episodes are the best thing this show has ever given those of us who have been at this since Day One.  Although for me, I tried everything short of driving to the TLC headquarters to beg for the footage of the first talk back episode, which is streaming nowhere that I can find - and I have 5 streaming services - but I managed to record Part Two and it was beautiful.

On 12/31/2023 at 10:47 AM, BAForever said:

Love the idea @artisto- how about "Ugly Brown Couch Talk"?

Only if Kody and Robyn are the only two Ugly Browns who sit there!

I love the contrast between Robyn and Kody looking absolutely miserable in their interviews, and meanwhile we have Christine all curled up with a glass of chardonnay and her kitty-cat, Meri with her emotional support bestie, and Janelle in front of a giant display of wine bottles.  Way to go, OG3!  

On 12/31/2023 at 8:22 PM, Roslyn said:

I suspect that Robyn has panic attacks at the slightest inkling that she has to face "what she lost" or anything remotely uncomfortable or confrontational that isn't in her narrative of what she wants her "family" to look/act like. I wouldn't be surprised if her kids (plus Kody and production) walk on egg shells to not piss off Kody or send their very emotionally fragile mother into "the vapors".

As someone who has battled panic attacks (and more) I do not take such things lightly. However I also know people who use their "fragility" as a weapon to control the behavior of others.

1000% to all of this.

She wasn't having a panic attack, she was using it to get out of facing the reality that she played a major part in.  That is not okay.  And she's taught her daughters to do the same.  She should be deeply ashamed.

15 hours ago, Granny58 said:

Poor Jeff.  LOL.

Jeff is like, "what'd I say?  Man, dude, I was on your side, bruh!  What the ****?"

12 hours ago, MaryMitch said:

I can't keep them all straight, and I actually watched one of the episodes twice because I couldn't figure out if I had seen it before or just the preview clips. It doesn't help that they have a "recap" clip, then a "coming up" clip then the actual scene then a "next on Sister Wives" clip.

THANK YOU.  I will never forgive TLC for giving us some of the best stuff this show has ever given and then making it incredibly confusing/difficult (or in my case, impossible - see above rant) to figure out how to actually watch it!

• Like 12
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, altopower said:

I think that's exactly it. Meri "found" and nurtured Robyn into the family, and gave up her position as legal wife so Kody could adopt Robyn's kids. And she obviously adores their children, at least the tenders. Christine and Janelle have six children each and most of those 12 kids are very close, so the two of them have a lot in common. Robyn only really cared about her own children.

Christine and Janelle didn't trust Robyn from the beginning and seeing Meri consistently supporting Robyn and Kody would have lumped Meri and Robyn together as separate from the Moms. Seeing how badly Kody treated Meri would have made me feel sorry for her - but not enough to overlook the Meri/Robyn connection.

We've noticed that anything said to Robyn or Kody gets repeated to the other one. Christine and Janelle would have noticed that too.

Aside from sharing the father of their children, I see nothing that the 3 OG's have in common.

I recall one incident where Meri and Christine appeared to be having a grand old time scampering about in a park. Other than that, Meri came across to me as a dragon lady to Janelle and Christine.

Nothing to reignite as there was never a spark in their relationship as far as I could see.

• Like 11

All of the episodes are on TLC go.  You may need to sign in with a tv provider to watch free.  Alternately you could consider the one week free trial of Discovery+.  

• Like 2
  • Useful 6

Aside from sharing the father of their children, I see nothing that the 3 OG's have in common.

I recall one incident where Meri and Christine appeared to be having a grand old time scampering about in a park. Other than that, Meri came across to me as a dragon lady to Janelle and Christine.

Nothing to reignite as there was never a spark in their relationship as far as I could see.

I'm not so sure the Christine/Janelle "Best Friends Forever" thing has staying power either. Christine is a bit controlling over Janelle, and you can see Janelle express annoyance about that in both the regular episodes and these Talk Backs. If Christine can't learn to back off, Janelle may do her passive distance thing to get away from Christine, similar to how she was just ignoring Robyn's existence without directly confronting these issues. There may be more than one reason that Janelle has no desire to move to Utah.

• Like 10
  • Useful 2
40 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Yes, I agree with what you say above. Meri wasn't a great friend to the other two that is for sure. I guess the point I was trying to make was at this singular point in time they all have the same "enemy" if you will. They may not have liked then or even particularly like each other now, but I feel to lend support to each other right now could be emotionally helpful to all of them.  They don't have to be besties for the rest of their lives after, but just for now, help make life a little easier for each other, if they can find it in their hearts to do so. Just my thoughts....

• Like 11
  • Love 2

I'm pretty sure Christine thinks that Meri is still in cahoots with Crybrows, and Janelle may believe that, too.  Meri was not thrilled with "sharing her man," and should have not gone after Kootie, who had daddy issues and had to prove what a stud he was, by collecting wives.  Especially since #2 was her ex-sister-in-law, they were doomed from the start.  YMMV.

• Like 6
(edited)
13 hours ago, 65mickey said:

This shows that her birth name was Barber. I am not sure how the Davenport name came about. 

It's a family name. I think we're talking about this in at least three threads, (this one, the Meri thread, and the Spoiler thread), so the conversation is in bits and pieces. See here: 

1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

Same!  These talk-back/look back/clap back episodes are the best thing this show has ever given those of us who have been at this since Day One.  Although for me, I tried everything short of driving to the TLC headquarters to beg for the footage of the first talk back episode, which is streaming nowhere that I can find - and I have 5 streaming services - but I managed to record Part Two and it was beautiful.

You can find all the post-season "special" episodes here: https://go.tlc.com/show/sister-wives-tlc

Part of the problem is that TLC has totally effed up the episode numbering. They reused Season/episode numbers for all the post-season shows. For example, they numbered Talk Back #1 as Season 18 Episode 101, which is wrong, but also, I think it has confused the streaming services that do carry Sister Wives (and some cable providers, and some DVRs).

SisterWivesSeason18postseasonepisodenumberingiswrong.thumb.jpg.414e67f2b31a2924b2b94b7905618ea1.jpg

1 hour ago, Absolom said:

All of the episodes are on TLC go.  You may need to sign in with a tv provider to watch free.  Alternately you could consider the one week free trial of Discovery+.  

Are you sure the post-season special episodes are on Discovery+?

I went to my Amazon account on my computer (I subscribe to Discovery+ through Amazon), and I only see the regular season 18 episode there (i.e. through S18.E18, "One on One: Part 4." The same thing happened when I went to Amazon Prime on my TV, selected my Discovery+ subscription, and looked at Sister Wives season 18.

Similarly, the post-season specials are not on Max, as far as I can tell.

41 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

I'm not so sure the Christine/Janelle "Best Friends Forever" thing has staying power either. Christine is a bit controlling over Janelle, and you can see Janelle express annoyance about that in both the regular episodes and these Talk Backs. If Christine can't learn to back off, Janelle may do her passive distance thing to get away from Christine, similar to how she was just ignoring Robyn's existence without directly confronting these issues. There may be more than one reason that Janelle has no desire to move to Utah.

I agree with you.

In Christine's defense, I think Christine is being how she is, because she senses Janelle isn't as emotionally free from Kody as she says she is. Like that b.s. Janelle tried to feed us about not knowing how she'd get a spiritual divorce/release. 

The real issue is that Janelle would need to state what her grounds are. She seems to be acting like she has no grounds. If I were Christine, that would make me doubt Janelle, too. After a clip of Janelle talking about it like a release wasn't possible, they showed Meri saying she could tell her how.

Edited by General Days
  • Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
4 minutes ago, General Days said:

I think Christine is being how she is, because she senses Janelle isn't as emotionally free from Kody as she says she is

Christine is the like an ex-smoker, or former fat girl who got skinny, and thinks she has got it all figured out so everyone needs to do it her way.  

• Like 11
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 4
17 hours ago, 65mickey said:

I believe what he actually said was  "You can fall in line or get the the hell out and they did."  Nice guy a real gentleman. 

Yes, and then he was surprised that Christine and Janelle left (he didn't care about Meri and wanted her gone years ago -- as long as he didn't have to say the words to her face and could play it off as her choice to leave, no blame on him).

• Like 10

The episodes didn't show on Prime for me either.  They're supposed to be on Discovery+, but may be hiding.  It took me three complaints and then poking around to find them on youtube tv once they said they loaded them.  The odd numbering certainly isn't helping things.  I ended up watching two of them on TLC go while youtube sorted themselves out.  

• Useful 4
19 minutes ago, General Days said:

You can find all the post-season "special" episodes here: https://go.tlc.com/show/sister-wives-tlc

Part of the problem is that TLC has totally effed up the episode numbering. They reused Season/episode numbers for all the post-season shows. For example, they numbered Talk Back #1 as Season 18 Episode 101, which is wrong, but also, I think it has confused the streaming services that do carry Sister Wives (and some cable providers, and some DVRs).

SisterWivesSeason18postseasonepisodenumberingiswrong.thumb.jpg.414e67f2b31a2924b2b94b7905618ea1.jpg

I went to my Amazon account on my computer (I subscribe to Discovery+ through Amazon), and I only see the regular season 18 episode there (i.e. through S18.E18, "One on One: Part 4." The same thing happened when I went to Amazon Prime on my TV, selected my Discovery+ subscription, and looked at Sister Wives season 18.

Discovery+ does not have the special episodes (I sign up for it during the season).

To watch them through the link you posted you need to sign it using a cable provider, if you don't have that special code you can't watch them that way.

They are not listed as available to rent or even buy through Amazon Prime.

This decision of TLC's to put them out ONLY on live television providers is beyond frustrating.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
18 hours ago, Granny58 said:

Poor Jeff.  LOL.

Jeff can't catch a break.  He goes against the popular view with his good wishes toward Kootie and Rob'em and then Kootie flames him!  We all need to take him under our wings and show him the light.  🙂

• Like 2
  • LOL 12
1 hour ago, General Days said:

In Christine's defense, I think Christine is being how she is, because she senses Janelle isn't as emotionally free from Kody as she says she is. Like that b.s. Janelle tried to feed us about not knowing how she'd get a spiritual divorce/release. 

The real issue is that Janelle would need to state what her grounds are. She seems to be acting like she has no grounds. If I were Christine, that would make me doubt Janelle, too. After a clip of Janelle talking about it like a release wasn't possible, they showed Meri saying she could tell her how.

Honestly? These chucklefucks make a huge dill out of nothing if you ask me. All Janelle needs to do is get some good old fashioned D, et voila! She's divorced! It's true, Crybrows said it.

I watched all the recent recrap/talk crap shows last night (because I was too embarrassed to let my holiday house guest know I watch this shite), and it was just soooo fucking anger-making! I hate Douche. I hate Sobbyn. I want them banished from TLC and that sweet, sweet TLC paycheck for ever. I want recraps on the OG3, really the OG2, but I'm including Meri here because FFS she's finally free so let her make some more TLC coin. I just want all the three OGs to do follow up seasons or specials WITHOUT the Douche Crew, and so that Douche and Sobs have to watch the OG3 making money that they cannot touch. That's it. That's my 2024 wish.

• Like 9
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
56 minutes ago, Absolom said:

The episodes didn't show on Prime for me either.  They're supposed to be on Discovery+, but may be hiding.  It took me three complaints and then poking around to find them on youtube tv once they said they loaded them.  The odd numbering certainly isn't helping things.  I ended up watching two of them on TLC go while youtube sorted themselves out.  

Yeah, TLC Go doesn't work without a cable provider, they don't show up on Hulu once they've already aired -which is beyond stupid, normally when there's a new SW episode, half of the entire day is dedicated to repeat episodes leading up to the new one - and HBO Max doesn't have them.

But thank you to @General Days for the TLC link, which should work for me once I break the code and decipher their numbering system.  Sheesh, TLC.  DO BETTER.  You need to understand that it's people like us who are keeping this show on your channel!

• Like 3
  • Applause 6
5 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Christine and Janelle must see and know well the pain Meri is going through. Out of nothing else but kindness over a shared situation, I wish they would reach out to her and help get her past this difficult spot. On the other hand if Meri was so mean to them long ago and that hurt is still in them, they may not want to help her in any way

As I understood it, Meri was really HIBC when she was the #1 wife and made J&C's lives miserable.  Meri has been taken down a few pegs and I suspect Meri's continued cozying up to Robyn did nothing to improve the relationship between her and J&C.  Meri has really not done a good job of managing her personal relationships within the family when only one of the remaining four wants anything to do with her.

• Like 12
23 hours ago, BAForever said:

Is there any legitimate reason we have been shown to think Robyn has a diagnosed panic disorder?

the unfortunate fact of panic disorders is that there sometimes is no reason.  

9 hours ago, Kellyee said:

I also noticed when Jenn asked Meri why Robyn cares if she leaves when Robyn apparently rarely sees Meri or shows up when they have plans.

Yes!  Thank you for saying that Jenn!

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, b2H said:

As I understood it, Meri was really HIBC when she was the #1 wife and made J&C's lives miserable.  Meri has been taken down a few pegs and I suspect Meri's continued cozying up to Robyn did nothing to improve the relationship between her and J&C.  Meri has really not done a good job of managing her personal relationships within the family when only one of the remaining four wants anything to do with her.

Yes, there is a redemption arc for Meri right now, and I can get behind it somewhat, because I think we are all glad when someone leaves that asshat.  I'm also glad to see that Jenn is sorta like us, she has Rob'em's number and is gently edging Meri into facing the reality of their relationship.  But, I still don't trust Meri- she is not as kind as C & J, and she was willing to stand by K & R while they were trashing the others, including the kids.  Also, I think Meri knew the score long ago, but didn't want to leave due to the show and paycheck.  

• Like 17
(edited)
10 hours ago, General Days said:

It's a family name. I think we're talking about this in at least three threads, (this one, the Meri thread, and the Spoiler thread), so the conversation is in bits and pieces. See here: 

I agree with you.

I don't understand why Janelle got so bugged at Christine, I don't see Christine pushing her to leave Kody. She knows Kody is a selfish asshole and that he worships Sobbyn, and Sobbyn only and won't give Janelle any sort of attention or relationship she wants.  Christine is finally free from the evil duo and she feels great and wants the same for Janelle. She wants better for her friend and she knows Kody isn't going to change for the better and Janelle is just wasting her life away waiting on him to throw her a few crumbs. I don't see her encouragement as a negative thing. She's lived through the same lonely marriage that Janelle is in, and wants her to open her eyes to the fact that she can have a much happier, better life without waiting around for Kody.  

Edited by ladyscorpio
  • Like 5
5 hours ago, ladyscorpio said:

I don't understand why Janelle got so bugged at Christine, I don't see Christine pushing her to leave Kody. She knows Kody is a selfish asshole and that he worships Sobbyn, and Sobbyn only and won't give Janelle any sort of attention or relationship she wants.  Christine is finally free from the evil duo and she feels great and wants the same for Janelle. She wants better for her friend and she knows Kody isn't going to change for the better and Janelle is just wasting her life away waiting on him to throw her a few crumbs. I don't see her encouragement as a negative thing. She's lived through the same lonely marriage that Janelle is in, and wants her to open her eyes to the fact that she can have a much happier, better life without waiting around for Kody.  

I thought Janelle saw the light many episodes ago that Kody was a piece of crap to be wiped off the bottom of her shoe. But, then Janelle will say something wishy-washy like she could still be friends with Kody... which I'm thinking she means a friends with benefits thing where they just have sex. I'm wanting her to learn from Christine's example that she could find someone nice that will treat her well and not be Robyn's sloppy seconds. 

Janelle really should stop telling us that she's worried about her spiritual marriage, too, since she divorced her first husband in the first place. She didn't have any trouble leaving the first one. Maybe from her perspective she's playing it up in case she can turn it into something legally binding that she's still sealed with him. She should stop giving Kody some of his power back. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 6
3 hours ago, TexasTiffany said:

Janelle really should stop telling us that she's worried about her spiritual marriage, too, since she divorced her first husband in the first place.

Was that a Mormom marriage?

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Orcinus orca said:
4 hours ago, TexasTiffany said:

Janelle really should stop telling us that she's worried about her spiritual marriage, too, since she divorced her first husband in the first place.

Was that a Mormon marriage?

I would think so, although Meri grew up in polygamy and I assume her brother did as well. So it's possible it was a first marriage, just to the wrong person from Janelle's perspective. But in any case, we don't know that it was simply a civil divorce and didn't have a church-approved official break. If she had one of those before, it could explain why she's thinking she needs one from Kidney (I like that name).

• Like 7
1 hour ago, Orcinus orca said:

Was that a Mormom marriage?

Janelle's marriage to Adam Barber was LDS, not AUB. 

According to the Browns' Becoming Sister Wives book, Adam had been raised in the AUB, but he wasn't committed to it. He converted to the LDS church for Janelle, then they started "courting." Janelle wrote that Adam wasn't all that interested in his new faith either, and one of her complaints against him was that he lacked "spiritual conviction." 

Since that wedding announcement Ginger provided says they were married in the Salt Lake City Temple, their marriage was a Mormon sealing. However, since she left the faith, and converted to the AUB, I don't know if she bothered to get a release. 

Adam married twice after Janelle (not plural marriages). He may have gotten a release, if his subsequent wives were LDS.

• Like 3
  • Useful 8
3 hours ago, General Days said:

Janelle's marriage to Adam Barber was LDS, not AUB. 

According to the Browns' Becoming Sister Wives book, Adam had been raised in the AUB, but he wasn't committed to it. He converted to the LDS church for Janelle, then they started "courting." Janelle wrote that Adam wasn't all that interested in his new faith either, and one of her complaints against him was that he lacked "spiritual conviction." 

Since that wedding announcement Ginger provided says they were married in the Salt Lake City Temple, their marriage was a Mormon sealing. However, since she left the faith, and converted to the AUB, I don't know if she bothered to get a release. 

Adam married twice after Janelle (not plural marriages). He may have gotten a release, if his subsequent wives were LDS.

Oh, I'm sure that Big Joe and the Flying Spaghetti Monster labeled Janelle with a big for Harlot as soon as she sealed herself to Kody as a second string wife.

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
On 12/30/2023 at 9:36 AM, altopower said:

The whole show was a hoot. We'd seen the original clips before, but watching them respond with laughter and sarcastic comments just made me happy, especially with Robyn pretending she wasn't sitting anywhere near Kody while he slouched and pouted and checked his watch. Methinks his great luv isn't so in luv with him these days.

I think the cruelest (and therefore best) thing the OGs can do to the Dynamic Duo is to laugh at them.  I hope hope hope there's another episode that shows Kidney's reaction to the OGs making fun of him and Crybrows.  The meanest and most effective way to treat a tyrant is to laugh at him.

On 12/30/2023 at 10:17 AM, Gramto6 said:

I'm beginning to think he had snowed CB just as he did the OG3 and she is beginning to see through it. I also believe she entered this family thinking she could take over and be the Queen and everyone would bow to her wants and needs. She didn't enter "innocent" into the family, she had her own motives. Kootie fed into her plan and for a while it looked like it might work, but the deceit has a way of coming out and things exploded beyond Kooties' or Crybrows' wildest imaginations. Their selfishness and overblown egos totally blew up this family.

And don't forget the lure of being on TV as the youngest and fittest of the wives, plus all that easy TLC money.  Poof!  All gone!  The exit of the OGs just screwed CB over good, and she's facing life *legally married* to the biggest ass in town.

Oh, if only she could cry!

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
On 12/30/2023 at 3:48 PM, Rabbit Hutch said:

There's so many, many layers of switchbacks, rewriting history, delusional thinking, and outright lies its hard to deconstruct it all. 🤥  Layers of many onions and all that.  So many onions that I could make an onion tart tatin.  😋 

Robyn might actually cry with all those onions 

• Wink 1
  • LOL 10
On 1/2/2024 at 12:21 AM, Gramto6 said:

I think the problem keeping them...anything...straight is they show the same clips over and over and over and over ad nauseam, that we've seen them so much we can't remember where/when it was in context with what is going on now...

I don't know, I'm as confused as all of you are!! 

Me, too.  But you know what?  I love watching them, over and over and over.  I sit there in my recliner, occasionally hitting "rewind" because I can't believe what I just saw/heard.  TLC could make a fortune just replaying these "Look Back" shows for eternity.  I'd watch.  From my Kidney Planet, I'd watch.

• Like 4
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
On 1/2/2024 at 10:40 AM, laurakaye said:

Yeah, TLC Go doesn't work without a cable provider, they don't show up on Hulu once they've already aired -which is beyond stupid, normally when there's a new SW episode, half of the entire day is dedicated to repeat episodes leading up to the new one - and HBO Max doesn't have them.

But thank you to @General Days for the TLC link, which should work for me once I break the code and decipher their numbering system.  Sheesh, TLC.  DO BETTER.  You need to understand that it's people like us who are keeping this show on your channel!

@laurakaye if you’re on Facebook, try searching Sister Wives Season 18 Episode 19. I found it that way and used Apple Airplay to cast it to my TV.  So stupid it’s not on Max!

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
On 1/1/2024 at 4:47 PM, BAForever said:

Is there any legitimate reason we have been shown to think Robyn has a diagnosed panic disorder?

I am yet another person on the thread with panic disorder. No, I haven't seen a single frame of this show that made me think, "She's having a panic attack." Mary from 90DF: The Other Way did a slightly better job of faking one. Some people who've been having panic attacks for years are good at hiding them -- my husband doesn't always realize I'm in the middle of one if I don't tell him -- but Robyn is clearly trying to show everyone that she's upset, not pretend like everything's OK.

Panic attacks are a misfiring of the body's suffocation alarm system. If Robyn were panicking, I would expect to see/hear about physical symptoms such as sweating, trembling, heart palpitations, headache, nausea/vomiting, chest pain, stomach cramps, and stiff or tingly hands. You typically either see the person hyperventilating or (if they've gotten some treatment) working hard to keep their breathing steady, with long, deliberate breaths. They either look like a person having heart issues or a person with food poisoning trying not to vomit, because that's what having a panic attack feels like.

What Robyn needs is a fainting couch and smelling salts. She's a throwback to another century.

• Like 5
  • Applause 6
  • Useful 7
  • Love 4
On 12/31/2023 at 8:14 PM, Absolom said:

My mother had panic attacks and I see nothing with Robyn that I ever saw with my mother.  Robyn seems more put on or possibly histrionic.  

Nope.  Me neither.  Have had my share of them.  That is her go to when she doesn't want to talk.  No one will force the panicking woman to discuss the bed she made!

On 1/1/2024 at 3:43 PM, Granny58 said:

Poor Jeff.  LOL.

Now that Kody has turned off the ONE PERSON who was nice to him, we need to find Jeff.  We are his people now.

• Like 9
  • LOL 13
On 1/2/2024 at 6:48 AM, Gramto6 said:

I too wish this. Christine and Janelle must see and know well the pain Meri is going through. Out of nothing else but kindness over a shared situation, I wish they would reach out to her and help get her past this difficult spot. On the other hand if Meri was so mean to them long ago and that hurt is still in them, they may not want to help her in any way. I find that sad if that is the case, those 3 have a bond that not many ex-wives have and I wish they all could support each other through this mess. 

It is sad that Crybrows machinations kept Meri on the "hook" for so long believing there was hope that Kootie would take her back, that there was "hope". This supposed closeness w/Crybrows may be partly why the other two don't trust Meri completely, I don't know...it is just heartbreaking that Meri is left alone through this final recognition it is all over and Kootie hasn't wanted/loved her for years. To him, she was basically just part of the "meal ticket" TLC was supplying.

There might be hope for the 3 of them.  Janelle spoke well of Meri when talking about Meri being legal wife and what would happen if Kody kicked.  She said Meri was honorable and fair.  Kody (and Robyn) was (were) the problem that none of them have now.  They have a lot in common.  They love the kids and left Kody.  

• Like 8
On 1/2/2024 at 10:47 AM, laurakaye said:

I love the contrast between Robyn and Kody looking absolutely miserable in their interviews, and meanwhile we have Christine all curled up with a glass of chardonnay and her kitty-cat, Meri with her emotional support bestie, and Janelle in front of a giant display of wine bottles.  Way to go, OG3!  

Could not agree more.  It’s the huge takeaway from all these talk back/look back shows - the OG3 looking happy and light in their newfound freedom from Kidney vs. Robyn and Kidney looking miserable.  That says everything.

Speaking of Janelle sitting in front of a giant display of wine bottles, there was also a big, beautiful plant behind her.  Does anyone know what kind of plant it is?  (I can’t believe I’m asking this).  It’s beautiful!  

• Like 6