Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E21: Talk Back Part 2 (Special Episode)

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

The Sister Wives react to the explosive season finale where Meri and Kody decide their marriage is over. They also have the chance to set the record straight as they hear what the viewers thought of it all via viewer questions and social media posts.

Air Date: December 29, 2023

Mod Note: According to my research the episode will air at 8pm Central, with the episode thread to unlock towards the end- the live chat thread will be open. 

2 minutes ago, Orcinus orca said:

The PTV forum was down again so that wasn't possible anyway.  No idea what time it came back up.

That’s what I meant by I couldn't get to the forum.  I tried - a LOT, LOL.  I’m way too invested in this show. 

• Like 13
Just now, RedLA said:

Does anyone think Coyote Pass will ever be anything but massive dirt lots with imaginary property lines?    I don’t.  

Not while it is owned by the Brown Clowns.  I bet it's sold off within a year of the show folding.  They will need the money.

• Like 22
  • Love 1
39 minutes ago, dariafan said:

If you are going to be a lying liar that lies, don’t have your life filmed 

There's so many, many layers of switchbacks, rewriting history, delusional thinking, and outright lies its hard to deconstruct it all. 🤥  Layers of many onions and all that.  So many onions that I could make an onion tart tatin.  😋 

• Like 8
  • LOL 8
12 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

When Janelle first said she wanted to ‘stay separated’, she WAS undecided about her future with/without Kody.  Christine was going with that vibe. I don’t think Christine currently thinks Janelle is undecided about her future.

ITA. I don’t think Janelle quite understood what was happening there. 

• Like 10
14 hours ago, Orcinus orca said:

• It was hilarious when Kootie dumped on Jeff, the one person on earth who supports Kootie and Sobbyn.  Obviously, he never even read the comment.  Came across, as usual, as a total raving moronic lunatic.  And then tried to justify his tantrum with his “poor me” speech.  Good job alienating his single fan.

I loved all your points, but I had to comment on Kootie abusing his only supportive viewer.  Even Rob'em figured out that Jeff was wishing them the best.  I'm sure Kootie has no idea how to respond to a positive comment on social media...it's very rare!

• Like 3
  • LOL 18
18 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

They will never build on CP. I keep noticing that Kody keeps trying to get one of the non-Robyn wives to start to build. My guess is so that they are the ones forced to pony up to put down the utilities on the property, which is a huge financial undertaking.

Excellent point!

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

Every time TLC shows the clip of Kody saying 1st sternly: "I told them it's either MY way or you can just LEAVE" Pause for dramatic TLC music and then he dejectedly says "and they left"

They need to have Keith Morrison do a voiceover for the second part. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, goofygirl said:

My favorite Douchie quote was " I told them it's either MY way or you can just LEAVE and they left."

That was a beautiful thing.  Wonder if he's gonna do that with CryBrows next?

He’s such an idiot.  He didn’t even get the irony of it all.  
Sign me up for more talks.  I love knowing we, the audience, were not fooled by Kody and Robyn.  I would pay to have a 3 parter with the adult kids.   🔥🔥🔥

• Like 19
1 hour ago, Twopper said:

I am too lazy to figure out which episode thread this belongs with so I will ask it here:

at what point did Robyn make Kody make the solemn vow not to string her along if things got bad with their relationship?

@Twopper, I brought this over from the Robyn thread, because they reviewed that "My sacred covenant to you" scene in the Talk Back Part 2, and I wanted to mention some of the "talk back" about it, that we got from Janelle, Jenn, and Meri.

To answer your question, we can't really know, but from how Kody phrased it to Robyn, it sounds like Kody had to promise that to Robyn, before she would even agree to marry him, so it would have happened sometime during their courtship/engagement.

I found it interesting that, in Talk Back Part 2, Janelle said she didn't think Kody was telling "the whole thing."

After Janelle finished her thoughts, they cut right to Jenn (who was with Meri) who also felt like something was missing.

Jenn said, "I feel like something else had to have happened. Like — was [Kody] already complaining to [Robyn], pre-marriage, about his relationship with like you, or Janelle, or Christine? And that was like -- and Robyn's like, 'Well, if this happens with us', like --."

When she said that, Meri's face registered palpable shock and recognition. 

Jenn continued (speculating as though she were Robyn) "'Promise me you won't just'--"

Meri interrupted. "Oh my gosh. Are you serious? I never --"

In a quiet voice, Jenn said, "Maybe I'm overthinking?"

In my opinion, Jenn was not overthinking, and for whatever reason, Meri needed to hear Jenn say that, to get another piece of whatever puzzle she's trying to assemble out of the ashes of her marriage to Kody.

Here's a tidbit we know from either the early years of the show, or perhaps the book:

Although Meri supposedly spotted Robyn first and encouraged Kody to pursue her, after Kody and Robyn started courting, Meri had enough trouble adjusting to it, that they went to therapy (at least Kody, Meri, and Robyn — I'm not sure about the other wives), even before Kody and Robyn married. Part of me wonders if Meri didn't object to the possibility of a marriage after all, and if Kody didn't bully her into therapy to make her change her mind, but that's just speculation.

In the Version of the Show that Lives Only in My Head

Here's what I think could have happened.

1. Meri had whatever trouble adjusting to the Kody/Robyn relationship, and they got some therapy to get past it.

2. Kody melted down the wedding ring Meri gave him, to prove (to himself? to Robyn? to Meri? to all the wives?) that Meri no longer had any claim on him.

3. Kody told Robyn what he did, and that he didn't even love Meri or didn't love Meri any more (and maybe he threw in bits about having never been in love with Christine, and how he and Janelle were more like guy friends), thinking it would prove to Robyn how true his love for her was.

4. Robyn (who was coming out of a failed marriage herself) was not as impressed by Kody's fickle heart as he thought she would be, so she said something like, "How can I marry you, when you fell out of love with/never loved [Meri, Christine, Janelle -- take your pick]? I don't want to be stuck in a loveless marriage. I just left one."

5. Kody swore up and down he would always love her, but if the impossible happened, and he didn't, he wouldn't keep stringing her along.

Edited by General Days
typo
  • Like 10
  • Useful 12
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, General Days said:

I have a pretty nasty panic disorder. I know panic attacks are real. They're the bane of my existence, and my success in treating them has been mixed. I can go do the hardest thing (family illness in a hospital, which is my personal bugaboo) and get through it, and then have one smack me in the face in the grocery store I've been shopping in for 30 years.

I do not see panic in Robyn. I understand panic attacks manifest in different people in different ways. Heck, they manifest in me in different ways, but that's not what I see there.

I see a drama queen who is not a good actress, doing her best to summon tears.

I have had panic attacks too, life affecting due to them, and thankfully meds are working perfectly for me.  I do NOT see panic in her either.  I see manipulation.  

• Like 6
  • Applause 15
  • Useful 1
17 hours ago, General Days said:

I see a drama queen who is not a good actress, doing her best to summon tears.

And failing miserably at the summoning.

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 11
2 hours ago, Zero260 said:

Imagine being Robyn and knowing that the entire viewing audience (except for Jeff) thinks you’re married to an idiot. 

Poor Jeff.  LOL.

• LOL 12
On 12/30/2023 at 10:55 AM, goofygirl said:

My favorite Douchie quote was " I told them it's either MY way or you can just LEAVE and they left."

I believe what he actually said was  "You can fall in line or get the the hell out and they did."  Nice guy a real gentleman. 

• Like 11
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1