Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E01: The Eaglewoman Has Landed

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, Pi237 said:

Ericka lmao Every Woman Knows Hormones make you fatter! Liar.

Not that I necessarily believe Erica, of course, but this is super-vague and is not across-the-board true at all; there are most definitely hormone issues that can cause weight loss. Again, I am dubious that they apply to Erica, but to simply declare that "hormones make you fatter" is inaccurate.

MODS: I am trying to combine these posts into one, but failing miserably.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 4
  • LOL 1

A. What's wrong with taking weight loss drugs?

B. I have been on a journey for a few years and it stalled during menopause. My doctor gave me a drug that does not control my appetite (meaning I still get hungry) but it does stop me from eating too much and from drinking alcohol and I love the results. Very slow and steady. And I feel amazing. It's not Ozempic level weight loss (about 20 pounds since March) I still have to put in the work and I can take it for as long as I feel I need it; it's a long term solution. Now is that anyone's business? NOPE. But I choose to share with my friends who are also struggling and can't afford Ozempic.

6. Since when has it become ok to demand to know what medications people are taking? Do we ask strangers what they take for any other illnesses? I don't like any of these women for various reasons HOWEVER COMMA .. Why is everyone DEMANDING to know if E and K are taking Ozempic? And so what if they are?

Am I "cheating" by taking high blood pressure medication instead of just taking other steps to control it? 

• Like 8
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1

They don’t have to tell anyone they’re taking drugs, but I’ll always be annoyed by the ones who’d deny it. But I agree, it’s ultimately none of my business. 

Lovebean has definitely left the building this season. She’s feeling herself-good for her-but she seems angry at everyone else and barely tolerating them especially her husband.

• Like 9
14 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

300,000 a month? She gets 300,000 A MONTH .. Sutton girl you better not give up that spousal support 

Just one of the reasons why I love Sutton. She did not play around in that divorce. She's a very smart cookie!

• Like 22
3 minutes ago, Pi237 said:

They don’t have to tell anyone they’re taking drugs, but I’ll always be annoyed by the ones who’d deny it. But I agree, it’s ultimately none of my business. 

Lovebean has definitely left the building this season. She’s feeling herself-good for her-but she seems angry at everyone else and barely tolerating them especially her husband.

Serious question - why? I deny a lot of things I don't want to talk about. We all know if they admit to it they will get dragged. If they say they are not they will be accused of lying. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
1 minute ago, Starlight925 said:

Because they are being paid to be on a Reality Show.  If they’re not being “Real”, then they aren’t doing their job. 

I don’t tell everyone everything, but no one is paying to view my “real” life.  

I personally just think some "reality" should be off limits - my medical history, medications being one of them. But that is really just my opinion. I just don't agree it's everyone's business.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
8 minutes ago, Jel said:

I thought that was a pretty interesting season premiere. 

Th Kyle situation has my spidey senses tingling. Is it manufactured bs, designed for a two to three season storyline? Possibly. Or, is Kyle having a mid life crisis? Also possible. Or is Kyle in love with someone else, who is not Mauricio. Also possible in my mind. But, my goodness, after years and years of the cringey "lovebean" talk, and their perfect marriage and what an ahhhmaaazing husband Mauricio is, to now, within a few months, go to this? Side eye.

Erika doesn't know what empathy is or how to feel it. Jeepers, what a shock. 

I felt so bad for Garcelle for having to hear her son say she wasn't there for him. How much that must have hurt, and to hear it the first time with cameras rolling? Yikes.

And finally, I'm not much for woo, but the "confusion" over Eagle Woman's name really pissed me off. Yes, that's her name. I don't know her story, or if she's Native American, but I'm assuming she is. I'm not American, but Canadian, and in Canada, there are Indigenous people who have names that, especially when translated into English, sound very different to the Western ear, (where we tend to name babies after Saints, or family members or jewelry stores etc.).  I get the eye rolling about the "spiritual healing", I understand that the lady's name was foreign sounding (ironically), but the carrying on about it was rude and insensitive and bigoted. Imagine if they made fun of any other culture's names. Unacceptable.  

Yes to all this. well put .Let's have some respect for other cultures. Thank you.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

What a little douche Garcelles son was on camera! Awww he didn’t get what he needed from mommy? I doubt his punk ass would have loved life if she was struggling financially but was home all the time. 

But also, Jax had just a few months prior had his social media infiltrated with racist attacks as a result of stans/bots sicced on him by (allegedly) one of Garcelle's rivals on the show, so I'm guessing there might be some lingering bitterness or hurt there too that he had to endure that as a result of one of his mother's jobs. It's not her fault of course, and I'm sure he knows that, but still. And to be fair, she gave her sons an open forum to air anything they were feeling.

Mauricio's had some big facial tics going during that talk with Kyle. Either he was on something (which seems odd since he was just talking business a few minutes prior) or he was attempting to "act" but doing an awful job of it.

• Like 10
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1

A self-centered asshole, no doubt, but probably not a legit, officially diagnosable sociopath. I don't think asking one question (albeit a kind of dumb one) is admitting anything.

I haven't kept up on the whole drama around the shortage of diabetes meds (and I work in a pharma-adjacent industry; I worked on copy for one of these drugs before it was given a brand name), but I imagine that is what gets under people's skin,* if true. None of the people in Housewives shows appears to have serious health-compromising obesity issues, so the idea of taking a drug just for its possible side effects while other people actually need it for its primary indication is kind of questionable, IMO.

As far as telling people what you're doing to lose weight, I agree that it's up to the person -- though rather than lie, I would probably just say "none of your business" or "I don't feel like talking about this." And, if they are also eating well and working out, it's not really a lie to say that's how they did it. Throw in a “yadda, yadda” after saying just those 2 things and you’re all good, haha!

*Or maybe most people’s skin; I’m sure some people are just pissy and petty and jealous and whatever else.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 11
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Starlight925 said:

Because they are being paid to be on a Reality Show.  If they’re not being “Real”, then they aren’t doing their job. 

I’m willing to bet in their real life they deny it as well. So in the end, we are seeing their reality. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
20 minutes ago, Pi237 said:

Because losing weight & keeping it off is Hard as Hell. And denying you needed pharmaceutical or surgical help to succeed perpetuates the myth that it’s as easy as ‘get more sleep’ ‘drink more water’ ‘eat a cucumber when you want chips’ etc.

As I said, no one owes me or anyone else their personal health history. I’m 100% for your body and what you do with it is your choice and no one else’s and no one is entitled to see your private medical records. Also, I don’t Ozempic shame. I’ve said many times, I’d take it if I could afford it. But for me, personally, I get frustrated when the myth of easy weight loss/management is pushed by people who used other means besides ‘eat less/move more’  Weight Is a medical issue. Not a moral one. But lying about what it takes to get success gives credence to the lie that all fat people are lazy and eat too many cookies. 

You’re right that they they’ll be judged either way tho. 

Very valid points. Personally after menopause and surgery, I gained 40 pounds of misery and sought a medical intervention. When asked, I am honest with people I am close to and I know who struggle. I tell them exactly what I did to get healthy but just like my skin care routine, it worked for me.  I told someone who asked me word for word exactly how I maintain wrinkle free clear skin at my age and she went straight to other people and said "if she uses Botox and fillers she should just say that" I have just stopped sharing. Now when people say "what do you do" I say "what I have to do." 

It's a no win situation honestly. So from personal experience, I guess that is why on this ONE SUBJECT, I am taking their side.

• Like 4
  • Hugs 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

Sometimes I think these reality show divorces are fake, in the sense that they file for divorce to protect assets (e.g., Nene & Greg) from lawsuits or bad financial decisions on one of the spouses. Isn't Mo involved in some big lawsuits?  

With the beach scene with Garcelle and her sons, I had hoped we see the beach house she bought and was remodeling, I wonder if she still has it.  

• Like 8
3 hours ago, politichick said:

Just one of the reasons why I love Sutton. She did not play around in that divorce. She's a very smart cookie!

Okay, but claiming she is modeling  "financial freedom" for her daughter while cashing spousal support (aka alimony) checks was ridiculous. 

And speaking of ridiculous, what was the expensive looking Heidi costume in Sutton's talking heads?   She may have the money but not too sure about the taste. 

Lovebean may have another new face but I think she's found a good cosmetic surgeon and continues to look great. 

• Like 8
14 hours ago, Chalby said:

I just finished the episode and I love Garcelle. She still is one of my all-time favorites (and her family). But Kyle is "off". If anything, I've always appreciated Kyle's sense of humor. She can be so funny at times. But I didn't see any of that, not even a sparkle in her eye. I'm wondering if she's desperate for any kind of storyline because, when you think about it, Maurizio is doing very well on his TV show and HE got on "Dancing With the Stars". I bet Kyle is jealous that he is front and center now. I have to admit, I wouldn't like it. I'd feel insecure.

She's probably "hangry."  

• LOL 15
17 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

These ‘healers’ never do any good that lasts. The ladies have their kumbaya moment and then go back to smack talking and back stabbing each other.

I think Kyle, Erika,  Sutton and possibly Dorit have boarded the Ozempic train. Too skinny. And yeah, trust me Erika, you gain weight with hormones not lose.

Trouble in paradise for Kyle and possibly Dorit? I am assuming Kathy is not going to be on the show this season? Kyle said a lot about Kathy hurting her and it doesn’t sound like they are speaking. 

Allison Dubois was on to something after all! But I wouldn't call her a healer🙂

6 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Kyle, get as many tattoos as you like, damn it! That said, though, get something that looks professional; these do not look so good.

They look like prison tattoos

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 15
4 hours ago, Boofish said:

I personally just think some "reality" should be off limits - my medical history, medications being one of them. But that is really just my opinion. I just don't agree it's everyone's business.

If you are already thin and take weigh loss drugs, and then you get really skinny, and you are on a reality show people should be able to question it IMO. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 16
  • LOL 1
37 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

Okay, but claiming she is modeling  "financial freedom" for her daughter while cashing spousal support (aka alimony) checks was ridiculous. 

And speaking of ridiculous, what was the expensive looking Heidi costume in Sutton's talking heads?   She may have the money but not too sure about the taste. 

Lovebean may have another new face but I think she's found a good cosmetic surgeon and continues to look great. 

She makes me think of “The Emperor’s New Clothes”. Just surrounded by a bunch of people who will tell her what she wants to hear as long as, in her case, she keeps writing cheques.

• Like 12
13 minutes ago, Jel said:

She makes me think of “The Emperor’s New Clothes”. Just surrounded by a bunch of people who will tell her what she wants to hear as long as, in her case, she keeps writing cheques.

To use a line from Project Runway, I question her taste level. Then again, at least Sutton doesn't look boring or--like Dorit--a billboard.

• Like 11
  • LOL 1
21 hours ago, Jel said:

I don't know her story, or if she's Native American, but I'm assuming she is.

I doubt she is Native American, or enrolled in a federally recognized tribe. I base this on the BS she blathers on her website. She does not state her tribal affailiation, which most tribal members do. If she is not NA, she is grossly appropriating traditional NA medicine and cynically using NA terminology for profit.

The outrage over Ozempic is that it is meant for diabetics and is in short supply because of people - often of means and privilege - who are using it off-label for shallow reasons while people who need it to survive cannot get it. Thus the lies by all of the suddenly-skinny celebrities who understand they are resented. It's similar to lying about having had cosmetic surgery. Surgery doesn't hurt other people, but claiming "it's my face creme" or "it's my new hair cut" is a lie and that bugs some people.

I dug deeply (as much as the Internet allows) into Sutton's background when she first appeared on the show. I posted about Sutton's $300K monthly alimony, child support, properties, and so on. Sutton and her former husband married young and worked together, like many couples, to build their wealth. (Same as Keyle and Mauricio have done, with Kyle as a homemaker who dabbled in acting.) Without question Sutton's former husband worked hard in his profession, and she benefited from that in the divorce. I don't recommend it, because there is danger in relying on a spouse for financial security long-term, but it appears to be working for Sutton.

Somebody needs to make a joke about money not buying style, because Sutton has horrible fashion taste. Bless her heart.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 12
5 hours ago, politichick said:

Those forensic investigators did their du diligence lol 

32 minutes ago, Jel said:

I think what she was trying to say is YES I have his money but I still go out and make my own .. she’s not just laying around eating bon bons and being a kept ex wife without a care in the world … 

• Like 13
23 hours ago, Chicklet said:

Erika asking how to have empathy?? She's a horrible human.

A sign of a true narcissist. They don't have empathy. I was surprised Erika admitted it. She is hard to like. I don't understand why they brought her back. 

I think Kyle, Erika,  Sutton and possibly Dorit have boarded the Ozempic train. Too skinny. And yeah, trust me Erika, you gain weight with hormones not lose.

This wasn't my experience. I didn't try them until late into menopause. I am on the natural (bioidentical) not synthetic ones including testosterone. Since I've been on them, I've lost most of the weight I gained during menopause. My NP said extremely low hormone levels can make you gain weight, especially if your T is next to nothing (mine was). 

Having said that, I think both Erika and Kyle are on Ozempic or a similar shot despite what they're saying. 

This episode seems really scripted to me. It was jarring how artificial it seemed, especially the conversation with Kyle and Maurio. And the interactions between the women didn't seem authentic. 

Dorit's lips look bigger or something is off with them. Is the long hair a wig? If so it's a pretty good one. The comments she made about PK make me wonder if her marriage will be the next one to unravel. 

Kyle's lips also looked bigger, and she seemed angry to me. It's like she's trying to hold in simmering anger. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 15
5 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

A sign of a true narcissist. They don't have empathy. I was surprised Erika admitted it. 

She's so narcissistic, she doesn't get that asking how to feel empathy is mind-exploding for us watching.  It really explains everything...

• Like 17
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I think what she was trying to say is YES I have his money but I still go out and make my own .. she’s not just laying around eating bon bons and being a kept ex wife without a care in the world … 

Is that little Beverly Hills shop she has more than a tax break though? 

I don't begrudge Sutton her divorce settlement at all.  And with that amount of capital she can easily parlay it into much more and probably has done just that.    But it bugged when she acted like some hard working self made success since the divorce.  

• Like 6
  • Applause 6
23 hours ago, WaltersHair said:

Isn't this the therapist from Bridalplasty, or some such reality show? My enthusiams is not high for this season.

She was also the therapist on that celebrity couples therapy show. I  can't remember the name of it now but I do remember Shayne Lamas and her  husband were on  it one season.

20 hours ago, hottesthw said:

I totally agree. Kyle sure did have a lot of “come to Jesus” moments in less than 6 months from reunion to filming. The scene with her and Mo convinced me that this is all just their act for this season. He’s a terrible actor. And again, in less than 6 months they went from lovey dovey to her being some oppressed housewife getting secret tattoos to get thru her days? Nope not buying it. And after watching her on the show that followed and her scripted replies there, it was solidified for me. She can’t even speak her sisters name without getting her froggy crying voice on, but when asked about her seeing Mo holding hands with his partners she’s all “ehhh I didn’t like it”. Yea ok! Goodbye Kyle! 

I don't think the separation is fake and for TV. I don't think  either of them would put their  kids through that. I think  now that the  girls are all grown and Mo has become filthy rich and a celebrity in his own right,  the dynamics in  their relationship have  shifted. The most surprising thing to me is that Kyle is the one that wanted the separation. I think  that the scene where they talked about the tattoos was filmed later, after the cameras went back up,  and that's why it seemed so fake and off.

I don't understand why Kyle is upset that Mo was holding hands with another woman. They're  separated. Doesn't that normally mean each one can do their own thing with whoever they want?

With all  that said, I'm  still not a fan of Kyle's but it will interesting to see her behavior and personality this season.

11 hours ago, Chalby said:

I loved what he said. This is the one time that appeared "real" to me. I've got four kids, so I saw a bit of my own history making me  chuckle when Garcelle got an answer she wasn't expecting. Yep, Been there! She handled it well, and it was relatable.

He was very mature and  well spoken,  especially for a teenager. He was willing to listen and spoke his  mind without being mean or nasty. I think it's a great sign that they have good communication as a family and will  get through things okay.

25 minutes ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

She's so narcissistic, she doesn't get that asking how to feel empathy is mind-exploding for us watching.  It really explains everything...

I'm surprised she didn't ask if she could just order some empathy on Amazon.

• Like 6
  • LOL 8
4 hours ago, OlderThanDirt said:

Is there a WWHL thread for this forum like there is on some other HW forums? Would some kind soul please start one?

I thought Blue Raven was starting to sing Faith Hill's Breathe. 

@TexasGal I looked but didn't see A WWHL thread. Can you start one? There was fresh tea spilled last night! 😄

• Like 4
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

I doubt she is Native American, or enrolled in a federally recognized tribe. I base this on the BS she blathers on her website. She does not state her tribal affailiation, which most tribal members do.

She does say on her website that she is of Apache Chiricahua descent.  

• Like 5
  • Useful 4

Please spare us an entire season of "poor Kyle".  

Dorit  looks like the ultimate fashion victim decked out as a living advertisement during her confessionals. 

The best thing I have to say about the opening episode is that I'm glad Lisa isn't part of the cast this season.

1 minute ago, whydoievencare said:

She does say on her website that she is of Apache Chiricahua descent.

Woo-woo is still woo-woo, regardless.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
5 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Somebody needs to make a joke about money not buying style, because Sutton has horrible fashion taste. Bless her heart.

I actually love many of Sutton’s outfits. And I do believe that she wears what appeals to her, what she considers extremely beautiful or quirky; what is trending and what will impress others do not drive her purchases.

• Like 15
10 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

So, you are saying they need to OWN IT?

• Wink 2
  • LOL 15
11 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I actually love many of Sutton’s outfits. And I do believe that she wears what appeals to her, what she considers extremely beautiful or quirky; what is trending and what will impress others do not drive her purchases.

And see I get the feeling she wears whatever she saw on a Paris/NYC runway without considering if it's flattering on her or not.  Taste differs. 

• Like 6
46 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

And see I get the feeling she wears whatever she saw on a Paris/NYC runway without considering if it's flattering on her or not.  Taste differs. 

Oh, she definitely wears unflattering silhouettes. But I like that about her, too.

• Like 6
  • Love 2

I tuned in, because  no Rinna( yay) but honestly,  I was a bit bored. EJ is too thin, it's the hormones she's taking. I just never believe  a word EJ  says. I think  she's  playing  some sort of dumb character,  who thinks we the audience  are just as dumb.

Hmm, Kyle and Kathy, it's always a sisters fault, never hers. Mauricio  has never called her love bean before, it sounded forced and phony,  especially  the 10th time.

Dorit, your marriage  has never felt that strong to me. We're going to hear about her PTSD all season,  aren't we. I do love Garcelle and Sutton,  I have no idea who the newbie is, I'm looking  forward  to seeing her.

• Like 10
  • Love 1