Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

On 8/10/2023 at 9:54 PM, Lamb18 said:

Yes, I thought Prajje's commentary was unnecessary and passive aggressive. He made the comments loud enough that she could hear them, but I think she was too much in her own zone to hear. And of course the mean girls were tittering along with him.

I also noticed we did not see any of Christian's critiques of Brittany.

I really enjoy Brittany’s friendships with bishme and prajje so the lather’s behavior made me sad. 

• Like 8

I would have switched Rami and Prajje.  I thought Rami's dress was something one could find in a department store or boutique.  Just pleasant, nothing to think twice about. Prajje's dress was an update of an 80s style which I thought was kind of interesting, but we aren't living in an 80s revival moment.

I thought Bishme's win was deserved. Though I doubt many baseball caps with veils would sell, it makes for a good runway look.

• Like 6
19 hours ago, dleighg said:

The timeline was weird on this one. The afternoon/evening before (apparently right after the auf of Anna) Christian tells them the challenge, then says "and you will have time to sketch at the hotel tomorrow morning."

Did they take away all their paper and pencils until that time? (I remember an old McMillan and Wife episode where their house got wrapped for a bug bomb with them inside it and all the knives and scissors had been removed. One remembers the strangest things.)

And sure enough, Brittany hands out pens the next morning.

Don't the usually get the challenge just before the sketch and go to Mood time?

I think maybe because it could be so overwhelming to have no parameters they let them chew on it overnight. They just couldn’t sketch.

for the weather, I think they probably waited to see if it would clear, waited until it did or delayed for lightning. And that’s why it was getting dark by the time they started. 

• Like 6
5 hours ago, theatremouse said:

I thought she made a sarcastic comment then while complaining about being told they were too safe, like "yeah sure you can get that at Target". In other words, she was kvetching about the judges, not commenting on anyone else's look.

Yeah, I don't think she was talking about Brittany's look. She was saying "safe" was equivalent to "something you could get at Target." Certainly Brittany didn't seem to take any offense. She seemed to be mostly nodding along, trying not to get involved in Korto's drama.

• Like 11
8 hours ago, jcbrown said:

I thought his last night. I love Kara Saun and enjoyed seeing her again but when they were on her about how she needs to edit I wanted to ask, "have you looked at her? The jewelry, the haircolor, the everything at once?" I think that WAS the edited version, for her.

There was a brilliant cut as Nina made the editing comment to Kara fidgeting with her rings, which outnumbered her fingers by a ratio of at least 2:1. 

Bravo editors.

• Like 9
  • LOL 8

Brandon: "I'm so glad I got out of bed for this"/"I had to sit in the rain for this"/"I put on my concealer for this"/"I put on my big pants for this"

Me: Sorry you were asked to do your job.  Lord, the whining and acting like everyone should be thanking him. 

The way Elaine leans forward for the sob stories like they give her life is...interesting.

And in the spirit of Judges Past, I heard Michael Kors voice saying "all I see is an arrow pointing right at her crotch" in regard to Laurenc's skirt.

As to the designers, Korto can take ZERO constructive criticism, not just for herself but for her friends.  I loved her in her season, but she's so surly this year.

Rami's dress was really beautiful--I could see a celeb wearing it on a red carpet, but Bishme definitely deserved the win. 

Praije is whatever with his plagiarism complaints.  Having said that, I can't see Brittany getting to the finals.  Her looks are fine, but nothing that makes me look twice.

• Like 17
  • Useful 1
On 8/10/2023 at 8:31 PM, Stats Queen said:

How is a basic cross halter top stealing someone’s look - that is so basic.

And then during the show they showed at least two other cross halter tops that were made this season (I know for sure one from Korto).  Apparently nobody but Prajje is allowed to make that design.

Not a fan of the "sisterhood" - I noticed that the other three women designers excluded her so she hung out with the male designers during this show.  That was not necessary.

• Like 17
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, T Summer said:

I remember liking Korto during her season. She seemed humble and like she put her head down and worked and  I couldn't see her sniping about fellow contestants. She blew me away with the coat or coat dress she made out of car seat belts during the unconventional materials challenge!  I liked a lot of her looks in the run up to the finale, but I was a little underwhelmed by her show at fashion week. The clothes were good, but not memorable.

Absolutely...on the sob stories! we keep saying it, but this  show went from frowning upon them to actively soliciting that BS! Why show, WHY?

Because Elaine is a judge now. She is an emotional vampire.

8 hours ago, Fake Jan Brady said:

There was a brilliant cut as Nina made the editing comment to Kara fidgeting with her rings, which outnumbered her fingers by a ratio of at least 2:1. 

Bravo editors.

I noticed that, but forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me!

• Like 8

I admired Rami’s attempt at the tortuous tie in of his past as a Palestinian with no freedom and how that informed his design during the freedom challenge.  Did you strain something making that reach, Rami? 🤣 

I want to know what happened to Laurence’s baby?  If her family kicked her out and she only missed two weeks of school.

I actually have a negative memory of Korto from her season but can’t remember why.  I truly wish she’d change her lipstick colour.

I’m over Prajie, especially after badmouthing Brittany.  But mostly, not a fan of his work.

What goes on in Elaine’s head that her first thought is ‘wedding gown’ upon seeing Bishme’s brown, sheer and pleather outfit worn with a visor.

Edited by Tiggertoo
  • Like 13
  • LOL 6
22 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

Someone on Reddit brought up a very good point re: Praje and his copycat beef. A few weeks back, he copied Bishme by adding the numbers on his design. Bishme’s was for his sister, which he used previously, while Praje’s was some political statement about Haiti, all in the same challenge, IIRC.

So STFU, Praje.

My predictions for the rest of the season:

6. Brittany

5. Korto

4. Rami

Final three:

3. Laurance

2. Praje

1.  Bishme

I thought Prajje did the number first, and then Bishme asked him to cut one out in honor of his sister.  Either way, Prajje is not the inventor of anything, really, and can hush.

• Like 13
20 hours ago, carrps said:

Because Elaine is a judge now. She is an emotional vampire.

Who is always aware of the cameras. Sitting there on the edge of her judge's stool with her leg extended for the most flattering angle.

I also noticed her repeated passive-aggresive jabs at Mimi: "Miss America." "Beauty Queen." "Of course she (Mimi) takes her time leaving the runway."

Careful Mimi. Don't steal too much spotlight from this deluded idiot.

Prajje is so nasty sometimes, but he takes the judges' criticism hard and then I feel sorry for him. I didn't think his look was awful.

Korto is bitter and angry and it's consuming her.

I was bored by Rami's, although I appreciate how difficult it was to make (charmeuse on the bias).

Christian and Kara Saun both knew she was phoning it in and simply trying to promote her Fairy Godmother brand. I hate that they wasted a competitor spot that could have gone to a better designer who tried harder.

Plus I swear I used to take a scarf and create my own criss cross halter when I was in high school. 

Same here, in college. A lot of young women fashioned this look out of scarves.

Wasn't a fan of the sob stories or the carefully-crafted political statements. Can't we just look at beautiful clothes?

There were more production people that judges and contestants. A whole crowd jammed on the side of the runway.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 5
  • Applause 2

When exactly did this show loose the plot?

I much preferred the original show with Heidi Klum,  Nina Garcia and  Michael Kors as judges and Tim Gunn as mentor.

when they did not entertain all this emotional, political and developmental  blather.

It's not that I exactly dislike Christian, I don't. His guidance is usually pretty spot on. It's just that  in an attempt to exude some gravitas it often just doesn't land. He's in an awkward position though, being so young and having been a contestant and now occupying the mentor role.

About the only  thing I like better  now is the 1.5 hour format, but I want to see more beautiful clothes and accessories, more of the creative process, longer looks at the safe garments and the judges ' critiques for all the designers... not taking up the time with sob stories, back biting  and  ganging up.

• Like 15
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 6
  • Love 1
53 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

Prajje is so nasty sometimes, but he takes the judges' criticism hard and then I feel sorry for him. I didn't think his look was awful

I don't think it was awful either. I particularly liked what he did with the waistband pleating, which no one (as far as I know) mentioned. The floaty crop top didn't really work, and the sleeves were too large, but it was not awful.

• Like 8

So sad to see Kara Saun go, but yeah, it was bound to happen eventually. Overall, I found the runway looks a little expected, so not saying it was boring, but unsurprising.

• so Korto can fuck right off. I've never like her since day one of whatever season she wormed herself in. I always give the people on tv the benefit of editing, but I've seen so much of her, I just can't anymore. She's always trying to be a little shit stirrer and then let things fester. Time and time again, she puts words in other people's mouths in the most negative context possible to only benefit her own brittle ego. I've crossed paths with selfish, egoists like her before and I've learned to not pay them any attention. She could be the second coming of Yves Saint Laurent, and I wouldn't spend a nickel on anything she made. anyway, enough about that miserable fuckwit
  • Bishme is really hitting his stride. I don't think I love the overall look as much as the judges did (and I have no idea how to construct anything, but it looked really technical) but I can see it appealing to a lot of popstars sans veil.
  • Rami's look was fine. I'm sure it was difficult to construct based on the judge's comments, but it didn't move me one way or the other. 
  • Brittany's look fit her "brand" (I hate that word) Note to Prajje: (and Korto... and Kayne if he was still around to stir the shit) you didn't invent wide leg cargo pants and wrap tops. That whole aesthetic fits Brittany's "brand" (again, hate) more than anyone else on the show, so for Prajje to feel copied is a bit much. 
  • Prajje, your look fit like shit. You're lucky Kara Saun felt like not playing the game any longer.
  • Kara Saun yeah, I don't read any comments before writing my dumb little posts, but I'm sure whatever I thought about her look has already been said. Again, so sorry to see her go. A lot of times, on Allstar seasons, an older contestant chooses to not play the game to win, and I felt that was the situation with Kara Saun. I get what she was doing, and I'm okay with that. I will say, when she was creating it, it looked like a costume for the gay cowardly lion, and the end result looked better than I thought it had any right to be. (It would've worked on Drag Race)
Edited by gorgy
  • Like 9

I assumed there was a guest judge snafu, which led to the runway delays/showing in the dark and Christian sitting in the fourth chair (unofficially).

Korto’s style and design has always been a huge favorite of mine. I haven’t understood how she’s been so consistently middle this season in comparison to designers getting praise I didn’t understand (Kara Saun and Anna in particular), but it’s clearly building up for her in a way that’s on the verge of blowing the hell up. 

• Like 4
8 hours ago, CraftyHazel said:

I thought Prajje did the number first, and then Bishme asked him to cut one out in honor of his sister.  Either way, Prajje is not the inventor of anything, really, and can hush.

Yes, that was the correct order of the number appliqué. Prajje thought of it first to honor the late Haitian president, I believe.

I'm obsessed with Christian's crescent moon printed trucker jacket; I want one!  This runway was painful to watch, the way the lighting washed out most of the looks that featured subtle colors/details and the clearly uncomfortable cold/wet/dark/glare conditions are just inexcusable.  They should have canceled this and filmed in the damn studio where we could actually see the looks properly without them getting wet! 

I didn't realize that Damballa, the god invoked in Chucky/Child's Play was real, but I would have sent Praije home, not Kara; it's really heartbreaking to see her go.  And I wouldn't have given Bishme two wins in a row either; Raimi's was the more stunning look.  I didn't get the praise for Laurences long too skinny skirt that looked like it was only staying up over the panty because of how tight it was. Ugh.

• Like 6

Like a lot of you I have no idea why they continued the show in the rain and dark.
At first I thought the sunglasses were pretentious and silly but later did realize they must have been blinded by the tv lights. I also don’t understand why there were so few umbrellas for the designers who looked like they were freezing and miserable as the show went on.

There must have been a ton of editing so that we never saw the models shivering and slipping down the runway.

• Like 7

If there were issues with the guest judge causing a lot of delays that could explain Brandon's bitchiness. He got up early and got there on time, and some celeb made them sit and wait and finally shined them on.

• Like 8
  • Useful 3
19 hours ago, hendersonrocks said:

I assumed there was a guest judge snafu, which led to the runway delays/showing in the dark and Christian sitting in the fourth chair (unofficially).

I figured that whoever they had lined up said “fuck this, I’m not sitting outside at night in the rain to judge this bullshit”. And enter Christian.

(Honestly, I can’t say I blame them.)

• Like 6
  • Wink 2
  • LOL 3

I don't know how she accomplished it between going to school but I have always had the impression that Laurence raised her daughter. They've shown some pictures of her where she's older. 

• Like 8
18 hours ago, Glade said:

I would have sent Praije home, not Kara; it's really heartbreaking to see her go.

I remember Kara Saun's Fly Girl Collection from s1 and I wanted to see her do a 180 and blow the judges away with something completely unexpected, because she surely can make things other than costumes.

I think I didn't  word my post on page 1 clearly, enough. I added to it for clarity. (didn't change or take anything away, though)

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Shelbie said:

Like a lot of you I have no idea why they continued the show in the rain and dark.
At first I thought the sunglasses were pretentious and silly but later did realize they must have been blinded by the tv lights. I also don’t understand why there were so few umbrellas for the designers who looked like they were freezing and miserable as the show went on.

There must have been a ton of editing so that we never saw the models shivering and slipping down the runway.

I thought the same, at first, but later when they were leaving, I noticed each designer had an umbrella.  Only two were using them.  The other umbrellas were leaning up against the back of their chairs.  They either didn't want to hold them up for hours, or perhaps the rain stopped for a while...

• Like 1
On 8/12/2023 at 1:13 AM, swankie said:

I knew it was something like that.  And I remember them telling the judges not to consider her shoes in the judging.  They had to ignore the shoes.  And Wendy Pepper (RIP) was the one who brought it to Tim's attention and Kara Saun thought Jay would back her up, but he sided with Wendy.  I remember her being so hurt by it.  

I don’t think she was so much hurt by it than she was pissed that she couldn’t get away with it. She was still arguing about it with Tim backstage on the day of the show, IIRC.

Wendy and Jay had a big box of shoes dumped on the floor to sift through, while Kara Saun had her diamond-studded creations delivered to her? That’s ballsy. Kara Saun took on a really undeserved air of entitlement toward the end. 

• Like 10

I thought the show could have done even a LITTLE to explain what the Four Freedoms State Park was and what the 4 freedoms are/were. If the only connection was the word freedom (in the name of the State Park) and the "freedom" the contestants get to make whatever they choose this week, well that really doesn't work because, frankly, the contestants CAN make whatever they choose each week. It may not get them through to the next round but that is a choice they have to make. 

Not a surprise that given carte-blanche each contestant chose a tall, thin model. 

Brittnie's overreactions to EVERY SINGLE announcement can cease immédiatement.

I think Laurence gets a lot of free passes because she fits the part: Bored, elegant, French, over it. I just don't understand the silhouette of a line-drawing of a uterus tacked to the front of her skirts. FWIW, her dad sounds like he was a super-asshole. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 2
18 minutes ago, Mahfouz said:

I think Laurence gets a lot of free passes because she fits the part: Bored, elegant, French, over it. I just don't understand the silhouette of a line-drawing of a uterus tacked to the front of her skirts. FWIW, her dad sounds like he was a super-asshole. 

Her dad may be awful, but I would want to hear from him as I think she has created a brand and image for herself that is full of pretentiousness.  She wore a tee shirt this episode that had her name and Paris written beneath it, but she also told us in the episode that she has lived in the U.S. for several years now.  She has also cultivated the "I am so above everything" attitude that I don't necessarily believe everything she puts forth.  This may be an unpopular opinion, but I'm not really buying what she is selling (and I would never buy an outfit that had an arrow pointing to my crotch (and, yes, I am old and grumpy...).

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
On 8/12/2023 at 3:11 PM, Tiggertoo said:

I admired Rami’s attempt at the tortuous tie in of his past as a Palestinian with no freedom and how that informed his design during the freedom challenge.  Did you strain something making that reach, Rami? 🤣 

I want to know what happened to Laurence’s baby?  If her family kicked her out and she only missed two weeks of school.

I actually have a negative memory of Korto from her season but can’t remember why.  I truly wish she’d change her lipstick colour.

I’m over Prajie, especially after badmouthing Brittany.  But mostly, not a fan of his work.

What goes on in Elaine’s head that her first thought is ‘wedding gown’ upon seeing Bishme’s brown, sheer and pleather outfit worn with a visor.

I thought Laurence showed pictures of her child at one point. I didn’t know that Rami was from Palestine.  Good for him for using his time working on his future when the military banned people from leaving their homes.  
Interesting how many immigrant success stories there are.  

• Like 1
2 hours ago, laprin said:

No update to this post? 

No, because with what she showed  I felt that there was reason to eliminate her for making too many costumey overdone looks and failing to show her range... which I know she has. When the challenge was issued, I was hoping she'd do something completely unexpected.

Prajje's top was ill fitting so there was reason eliminate him as well.

I was sure  they'd keep Kara Saun over Prajje, but I was wrong.

Edited by T Summer
typo
On 8/12/2023 at 5:02 PM, CraftyHazel said:

I don’t remember exactly. But on the runway, it felt like a “Look, I did it too!” moment with Prajje. Plus, there’s been other designers bitching about perceived plagiarism over the years, so maybe he thought he had to add to it. 🤷‍♀️

I wish they would all just cool with the backstories, already, as well as the “branding” of their designs — which is what this numbers stuff is. Wait until you’re more established for that.

On 8/14/2023 at 10:24 AM, seacliffsal said:

Her dad may be awful, but I would want to hear from him as I think she has created a brand and image for herself that is full of pretentiousness.  She wore a tee shirt this episode that had her name and Paris written beneath it, but she also told us in the episode that she has lived in the U.S. for several years now.  She has also cultivated the "I am so above everything" attitude that I don't necessarily believe everything she puts forth.  This may be an unpopular opinion, but I'm not really buying what she is selling (and I would never buy an outfit that had an arrow pointing to my crotch (and, yes, I am old and grumpy...).

Not unpopular with me. I’ve been underwhelmed by her designs almost from the start, especially as they come with the “too cool” attitude. That crotch design was awful, coming and going.

Edited by RoseAllDay
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
On 8/12/2023 at 9:40 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

Will someone please dial up a vocal coach for Prajje and Korto, so I don't have to hear that bone buzzing vocal fry any longer?

K thanks.

I am okay with the vocal fry if they would stop yelling everything.  Korto is often a good 20 decibels above everyone else.  Shut up and sew! 

A participant on Love After Lockup was known for her crossover top that she wore in all of her talking heads.  Maybe she invented it?  She should sue Project Runway! 

• LOL 8
On 8/11/2023 at 8:10 AM, cinsays said:

yeah, that look, the criss-cross top, is really not that novel, is it?

and i was wondering if skipping her was foreshadowed Brittany's being the one to leave.  even stranger that it wasn't.

yeah, surely they had seen weather reports

and we had to see Nina dramatically take her sunglasses off twice

Nina reminded me of Meryl Streep as Miranda Priestly in "Devil Wears Prada" when she took off those sunglasses oh so slowly, with a sly, slightly superior look on her face.

• LOL 3

I was amazed that they did that runway show outside in the rain and dark. The rain was bad enough but then to wait until it was dark out? I could barely see any of the clothes.  Note to production: if you aren't sure about weather, don't plan outdoor events. Sheesh.  

• Like 8
On 8/10/2023 at 10:27 PM, CraftyHazel said:

Has Korto always been such an insufferable bitch and I just didn’t notice?  Or is she super thirsty after being always a bridesmaid, never the bride?

Go back and watch Korto’s season (5). IMO, Terri Stevens was WAY worse. For example: There was a challenge where they brought back losing designers for a team challenge. Korto worked well with her partner (forget at the moment who it was), but Terri could not stand Keith Bryce. It got to the point where she was just flat-out ignoring him or insulting him, so he took to sleeping in the breakroom. THEN she had the nerve to blame HIM when she landed on the bottom. Michael Kors put her in her place and she got sent home, so Keith got the last laugh. The look on his face as she was leaving was golden.

I’ll say this, watching these older seasons, this show as it stands needs a straight-talker like Kors. I’d gladly trade Nina and Elaine for him. Maybe Brandon, too.

• Like 10
46 minutes ago, RoseAllDay said:

I’ll say this, watching these older seasons, this show as it stands needs a straight-talker like Kors. I’d gladly trade Nina and Elaine for him. Maybe Brandon, too.

applause gif.gif

I alternately call Elaine and Nina the Paula Abdul of this show. (obscure American Idol reference)

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • LOL 4

I love Bishme, but that was.....not my favorite. Hated the color, hated the bottom - it reminded me of a car wash for some reason, and the hat with the flowing fabric attached? So weird, and that fact that Elaine loved it just confirms to me that it was dumb. Wedding dress? Wft????

I would have switched Praje and Laurence - I thought Praje's was pretty and don't see what makes it seem dated compared to anyone else's. Complaining about Britney "stealing" his top was nonsense. He didn't create that silhouette.

Korto is a catty bitch. I used to love her, but she is definitely different this time around. Mean girl vibe.  Snarking on Britney with Praje and then complaining because she was safe? I am sure Praje or Kara Saun would love to switch places with you sweetie. She can go any time as far as I'm concerned.

No idea why the judges loved what Laurence made - I thought the purple/black combo was more dated than Praje's and the crotch on that was horrible. It would have looked even worse on a plus size model - the gap between the bottom of the jacket and low waist on the bottom would have left an unattractive pooch in between - I know from personal experience with some tankinis I have tried ;-p

I was really hoping Rami would win - a beautiful dress that is well made and looks amazing on the model. Sigh.

The less said about Kara Saun's the better. I've enjoyed having an OG on the show, but that was atrocious. She just couldn't seem to understand that she is on a fashion design competition, not a costume design one. Still, I'll miss her.

And I find it interesting that left to their own choice, only one designer picked a model that was larger. And she went home. I don't think a different model would have made a difference there, but for all the show loves to toot their horn on "real size models" or whatever they call them, the designers still all picked skinny models when given a choice.

• Like 4