Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

For the first time, the final seven designers are given the freedom to design whatever they want; on the grand outdoor runway of Franklin D. Roosevelt Four Freedoms State Park, their daring "freedom looks" will be unveiled, rain or shine.

Original air date 2023.08.10

Korto is the biggest Debbie Downer of any PR I've seen. If you can't say anything nice...oh, she'd never speak.

Kara Saun's outfit just screamed Ricky Ricardo and his band with those jacket sleeves.

I'm not sure how I feel about Praje bringing in voodoo as a religion for a dress. Would it be okay to send an elegant nun outfit down the runway?

• Like 9
  • LOL 15

I felt like the convo in the beginning of the episode with Korto, Kara Saun and Laurence bonding and how there were all there for each other meant for sure one of them was going to be out.  Thank goodness, this was the right decision.  I really didn’t think Prajje’s was that bad.

Sigh.  Rami’s was lovely but I’m ok with Bishme getting this one, I guess.

• Like 14
  • Sad 1

I guess I have no taste or fashion sense, because I don’t get why Laurance’s design is on the top. I hate the crotch. It’s distracting — and ugly. The backside wasn’t much better.

Rami…my God. What. A. Stunner. Perfect gown, perfect model. Mimi is soooo gorgeous.

Kara Saun. Looks like an ostrich exploded — the jacket killed the look. But…she is a costume designer, and the challenge was “be yourself.” Good comment by Korto, calling the judges out on their often inconsistent, contradictory advice. 

No problem with Bishme’s win. Really sorry, though, to see Kara Saun go.

• Like 20
Just now, RoseAllDay said:

I like Korto, but I gotta say her sour grapes after being declared safe was off-putting. You survived another week — you are one week closer to the end. How many others would have liked to have said the same?

Annnndddd…she gets bitchy with Christian next week. Methinks she’s not long for the competition.

From your lips to the judges' ears. 

• Like 17
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 2
Just now, rhofmovalley said:

I agree that without the jacket Kara Saun 's look was very pretty 

Without the jacket it looked like something Cher would have worn back in the day... (meant as a compliment). As a kid I practically worshiped Cher!😊

I have to watch again, but did I hear there was an underlayer to the gown before KS either changed her mind or Christian suggested she lose it? That would have looked terrible IMO.

• Like 4

Rami can really work some magic with some fabric! 😍

I can't recall now what has happened when he had to dress a full figured model? Whether his looks translated on a not rail thin model? Did he have a plus size model  other than denim week this season?

Maybe I need to go back and rewatch his season

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
On 8/10/2023 at 10:43 PM, Aerobicidal said:

Unless Tim Gunn magically appeared and screamed, "Don't defend the whickety-whack!" to Kara Saun, which she would have had the freedom to ignore anyway, there was no saving her tonight.

Hey, I tried!

I tried to send her a telepathic message to make something uncharacteristicly clean, modern and  edgy so they didn't brand her the one trick costume lady, but she didn't get it.

Out came the shiny bits, the pastels,  and the feathers . Again.

Addition 3 days after the ep: I was hoping KS would create something  very different than in prior weeks to show the judges her range. I remember quite liking a lot of what she made in s1. (Think people might be misunderstanding)

Edited by T Summer
added clarity, hopefully
  • Like 2
  • Sad 4
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 2
5 minutes ago, T Summer said:

Rami can really work some magic with some fabric! 😍

I can't recall now what has happened when he had to dress a full figured model? Whether his looks translated on a not rail thin model? Did he have a plus size model  other than denim week this season?

Maybe I need to go back and rewatch his season

They didn’t use plus-size models in Season Four.  But I’m plus size and I would let Rami (Christian, too, for that matter!) dress me in a heartbeat!

• Like 7
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, T Summer said:

Hey, I tried!

I tried to send her a telepathic message to make something uncharacteristicly clean, modern and  edgy so they didn't brand her the one trick costume lady, but she didn't get it.

Out came the shiny bits, the pastels,  and the feathers . Again.

Kara Saun fulfilled my prediction for her. She had the freedom to make a frou frou costume and get the boot for it. Way to go! 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 5

Well I liked Prajje’s green outfit.  It looked really cool on the rainy runway when the light hit it.  🤷‍♀️

What a dumb way to do the runway — wind, rain, AND in the dark!  🙄. I don’t know how the judges were able to get a good look at the garments.

Bishme’s was creative, but it looked like it was hard to walk in.    Elaine said it would be a great bridal dress??? 

• Like 10
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 8

I think Korto knows she’s not going to the final. I did appreciate her telling Prajji to STFU in front of the judges. I didn’t disagree with him between that top and the oversized rest of it, but you won’t win any points doing it.

Bishme is the one to beat. Rami may do it, when you see all his gorgeous stuff in one place. But Bishme’s looks are fresher and Nina likes that.

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

didn't quite get the Defcon 4 gushing over Rami's, though I will acknowledge that it was genrally lovely, albeit a bit plain? Mimi.can.model!

This. I thought Rami was in the bottom for a pretty but uninteresting dress. 

Pradje's had some issues but I didn't think it was awful. 

Kara Saun.....Christian tried SO HARD to help her but she was completely incapable of taking a step back to actually see what her creation looked like. 

• Like 17

The timeline was weird on this one. The afternoon/evening before (apparently right after the auf of Anna) Christian tells them the challenge, then says "and you will have time to sketch at the hotel tomorrow morning."

Did they take away all their paper and pencils until that time? (I remember an old McMillan and Wife episode where their house got wrapped for a bug bomb with them inside it and all the knives and scissors had been removed. One remembers the strangest things.)

And sure enough, Brittany hands out pens the next morning.

Don't the usually get the challenge just before the sketch and go to Mood time?

Edited by dleighg
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1
8 hours ago, T Summer said:

I have to watch again, but did I hear there was an underlayer to the gown before KS either changed her mind or Christian suggested she lose it? That would have looked terrible IMO

I don't remember whether he suggested it, but at the end Christian did say he was glad she got rid of the lining.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, CraftyHazel said:

Has Korto always been such an insufferable bitch and I just didn’t notice?  Or is she super thirsty after being always a bridesmaid, never the bride?

My opinion is Korto has RBF, unfortunately it's always BF, and not just resting.   She's always been very negative, and mean.    

• Like 18
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
10 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

Yes, I thought Prajje's commentary was unnecessary and passive aggressive. He made the comments loud enough that she could hear them, but I think she was too much in her own zone to hear. And of course the mean girls were tittering along with him.

I also noticed we did not see any of Christian's critiques of Brittany.

yeah, that look, the criss-cross top, is really not that novel, is it?

and i was wondering if skipping her was foreshadowed Brittany's being the one to leave.  even stranger that it wasn't.

10 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Why was it so important to have this runway show outside, cold, in the dark,

in the rain, and two of the judges are wearing sunglasses? Dumb. 

yeah, surely they had seen weather reports

and we had to see Nina dramatically take her sunglasses off twice

• Like 2
  • LOL 18
9 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

I guess I have no taste or fashion sense, because I don’t get why Laurance’s design is on the top. I hate the crotch. It’s distracting — and ugly. The backside wasn’t much better.

Rami…my God. What. A. Stunner. Perfect gown, perfect model. Mimi is soooo gorgeous.

Kara Saun. Looks like an ostrich exploded — the jacket killed the look. But…she is a costume designer, and the challenge was “be yourself.” Good comment by Korto, calling the judges out on their often inconsistent, contradictory advice. 

No problem with Bishme’s win. Really sorry, though, to see Kara Saun go.

yeah, that crotch area on Laurence's.  i just don't get how that is stylish and attractive. maybe i'm just old.....

i think kara saun's would have looked better on a slim model and, as the judges said, she should have lost that awful jacket or at least had the model take it off during her walk..........though not something she could do holding an umbrella

9 hours ago, WaltersHair said:

Korto is the biggest Debbie Downer of any PR I've seen. If you can't say anything nice...oh, she'd never speak.

Kara Saun's outfit just screamed Ricky Ricardo and his band with those jacket sleeves.

I'm not sure how I feel about Praje bringing in voodoo as a religion for a dress. Would it be okay to send an elegant nun outfit down the runway?

it would have been ok, just might have gotten him booted off

• Like 1

In general, I enjoyed this episode. It was silly to have the runway show in the rain, although I had a good laugh every time they showed Nina removing her sunglasses.

Apparently I'm alone in this, but I liked Koto's look and understood why she upset to be safe. She's excessively salty at times, but I've liked many of her looks.

I've always adored Laurence. I don't think she reinvents the wheel, but she does what she does extremely well.

I'm not personally a fan of all the sheer dresses we see these days, but Bishme deserved the win (and I simply adore him as a person).

Prajje has never impressed me as much as he impresses himself, and he did not invent the top that Brittney made.

Brittney continues to surprise me- I like that she's sticking with what she does best.

Ramy is a lovely person, his dress was beautifully made, and Mimi sold the hell out of it, but I think the correct person was chosen for the win.

Kara Saun probably should have been gone weeks ago. She's a talented costume designer, and it was nice to see her again, but she makes costumes. Sad to hear about her mother, and it better explained some of the choices she made throughout the season. Interesting that with all the storytelling she did about her designs, this was the first we heard about this (unless I missed something earlier in the season).

• Like 11
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Aerobicidal said:

I loved how the judges were like "Laurence can cut a skirt that's impossible to walk in but the model still manages." First of all, I'm not sure the impressive talent they're praising is Laurence's. 

Exactly! If you continuously make skirts that only very thin, very tall, professional models can just about walk in-you’re doing skirts wrong.  The crotch on that thing was ridiculous as well, and it was bunching up somehow on the hips. Can’t believe how much they drooled over that thing. 

Cap with the veil attached was cool. But not for walking down the aisle at your damn wedding lmao. It’d be an awesome to wear for the bachelorette party tho. 

• Like 16
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1

I don't understand the love the judges have for Laurence.  The only reason her model could walk and she got all kinds of acclaim from the judges was because Christian told her how to fix it when the model couldn't walk in it during fittings.  Yet, she was all, 'it's math and knowing bodies.'  I also don't like the crotch focus of some of her designs (including the denim dress).  

I have seen tons of swim suits for the last several years that have the same type of top that Brittney made, so, no Prajje, you didn't invent that type of top.

I laughed out loud when Prajje told the judges straight out that he makes gowns and then he was told that his gown 'wasn't him.'  What?  Agree with Korto (which I hate admitting as I find her so sour) that the judges try to redefine who people are instead of believing them when they tell the judges who they are.

I, too, didn't understand why they insisted on having the runway outside no matter what the weather would be.  Just move it indoors.

I didn't see that much difference between what Kara Saun sent down the runway and her winning look from the lingerie challenge...

• Like 11