Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E20: Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

Lizzie is one of those book smart people, but are short on common sense.  There are so many people like that, who can learn very easily, but put them in real life situations and they can't handle it. She's also very immature with that whole birthday party crap.

I still say that Lizzie looks very masculine.  Her facial features are very angular and manly.  But her lips are way too big as are her boobs.  I have no idea how she won a beauty pageant, as I don't find her at all beautiful---just more of a silly characature of what she thinks a woman should look like.  I see Shannon as much prettier, in her own way, than Lizzie.  Heck, when dressed properly, even Vicki looks much nicer than Lizzie.

I agree she lacks commom sense.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

Clue me in please...who is Cousin Oliver?

Cousin Oliver was brought onto the Brady Bunch as the younger kids started get older and lose some of their cuteness. If I remember correctly, he was so badly received that he disappeared almost as soon as he appeared on the show. It kind of started a trend of trying to bring in younger kids on an established show once the original ones had grown up. See, Olivia from the Cosby Show - I always wondered if her character name was an homage to Cousin Oliver.

• Love 6

Thank you, too! Birthday parties are for children. The only reason anyone but my Mum even knows about mine is my dear niece was born 4 hours before I turned 38; luckily the emphasis has always been on her celebration (and I get a nice card - NO FLOWERS - the cat eats them & poops in Technicolor). :-)

Why do grown ass women insist on acting like hormonal teenagers (unless they're hormonal themselves, if you know what I mean, Tamballs)?

Well at least your cat eats them. One of mine won't even allow them (flowers or balloons) in the house. He goes into full attack mode even if I try to "hide" them from him he finds them. Sad sight to come home to deflated balloons, shredded flowers on your birthday or anniversary. Edited by mbaywife123
  • Love 3

Cousin Oliver was brought onto the Brady Bunch as the younger kids started get older and lose some of their cuteness. If I remember correctly, he was so badly received that he disappeared almost as soon as he appeared on the show. It kind of started a trend of trying to bring in younger kids on an established show once the original ones had grown up. See, Olivia from the Cosby Show - I always wondered if her character name was an homage to Cousin Oliver.

Thank you.

• Love 1

Jump into the way back machine to the Brady Bunch.

Oops, see that several other posters have already given you the answer.

Jump into the way back machine to the Brady Bunch.

Oops, see that another poster has already given you the answer.

• Love 1

If LIzzie's birthday party aired from season 1 through 4 or 5, we would have seen Lizzie celebrating with family and friends.. possibly having Danielle be amongst the guests without any producer interference.  Plus, we would have seen Heather and family back in New York for Thanksgiving..I do admit I'd love to meet Heather's family.. might shed some light on why she is the way she is.

I'm on this kick cause I watched season 3 and 4 Labor Day Weekend where the housewives hung out with other people, and there were even a few episodes during those two season with little interaction amongst the housewives.  My mom watched it with me and she remarked that she found these two seasons more interesting because there was little to no fighting and that she got to know the housewives better.

Perhaps season 10 should go back to that format.. or at least the season 4 format that had some fighting/drama mixed with the old school format.

It would have been interesting to see Heather with her family in NY, and I would have loved to see the gals at the USC football game that same weekend. In each case we would have had plenty to snark on without all the incessant backstabbing. It cracks my ass horizontal that news outlets are saying Tamra has to go because she causes too much drama. She probably does, but it is their choice to show us this vs. the hundreds of hours of other stuff they film. I would have liked to see the segment below for instance. Plenty to snark on Heather about, and you still get the sense that Vicki and Tamra are annoyed by her without it being so harsh. I like the small moments instead of all the hysteria. Would the audience still watch is the question? Apparently that is what is in store on the BH show where they are all getting along. Hopefully the ratings prove that we are up for that.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-orange-county/season-9/videos/heather-hires-a-hot-painter

• Love 1

Did she say that it actually hurt her business or that she feared it might?

During the season it was fear she expressed but by the time the reunion came around it was actually happening. She tweeted that her business took a hit, especially after the reunion episode between Brianna and Brooks was shown. Vicki has complained several times over the last 2-3 years that the show has "hurt" her business, more so last season though.

• Love 1

Hi! I'm new here (late to the party--but I showed up, unlike Tamra!), and just got finished watching both parts of the reunion.

Looking at Heather and her new 'do, one nickname comes to mind: "Cleopatronizer." That is all.

WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!   Heh, 'unlike Tamra!"  hee.  You showed and therefore, do not have to give anyone a free 1 year membership to Cut!!!  LOL 

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 6

I only watch this show off and on and I am curious about Tamra's custody battle with Simon.  You all seem to know what' is going on; I don't like to click on links to avoid nasty malware, so can someone synopsize what happened or is currently happening with Simon?  Or if it's covered in another thread, let me know where I can find it.

Thanks so much!  Tamra is vile.  I thought Shannon looked like she was observing interesting animal behavior at the zoo during the reunion as she looked at Heather and Tamra.  I don't know any of these women, but I think I would like to hang out with Shannon, even though as a hard core cynic I think her holistic beliefs are nonsense.  I just kind of like her.

Last year when Tamra was getting married her children were being filmed.  Tamra and her ex-husband, Simon share joint legal and physical custody.  Simon protested the network airing any footage of his children and threatened to sue.  Tamra's position is when she has the kids they should be able to film with her.  Bravo will not air any footage of the kids without Simon's consent.  So Tamra decided to take Simon  to court, December 2013, in hopes of getting a court order that essentially said Simon had no say in his children being filmed when they were with Tamra.  To date there has been no ruling.  SImon in April of 2014. filed for a custody modification essentially citing that Tamra wasn't all that great a mom.  Tamra's 15 year old moved out of Tamra's house last October.  Tamra and her daughter are in court-ordered therapy. 

So when the show finished filming in March-there was no custody modification pending.  Another little bit of production magic.  After the modification was filed, Nancy Grace picked up the story and said some pretty harsh things about Tamra.  Tamra's response on Twitter:  @nancygrace-she can go suck balls.  I'll see her in court.

There is no update on the status other than Simon's attorney misrepresented the contents of a therapist letter. 

If I were Simon's counsel I would re-run over and over again, Tamra's attack on Lizzie's minor child.  Simon's rationale is he can't protect his children's image if they are allowed to film.

The current custody plan is as follows:  Tamra-Monday morning through Wednesday afternoon, Simon Wednesady afternoon through Friday afternoon with the parents alternating weekends.

I can't find out how much more time Simon wants with the kids as that has not been published. 

I hate to say it because it is never fun to be in a custody battle but Tamra fired the first volley by taking Simon to court over the filming of the children.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 6

Separated at birth. Bride of Chucky and Tamra. Try to guess which one is which.

8CzHM0W.jpg

I also can't let the opportunity pass to see this face again.

0p0h2yO.jpg

Done...

(ETA:  She's on and tweeting so I know she's seen it...yet I am neither blocked nor has she launched into a Twitter assault on me...yet)

You guys ROCK!!!! I LOL at this for good long while!!!!

Oh that resemblance - I would go into hiding or use it to my advantage in some way. Bwahahahaa

• Love 2

Yes, and after highjacking the toast, the best Madame puppet can come up with is a slimy Office Space-style/motivational poster platitude like that?? Not to mention the hypocrisy of it. 

Like I said Heather is always "on", always tries to steal someone's time in the spotlight, and always interrupts to have the last word. Bitch.

• Love 9

Last year when Tamra was getting married her children were being filmed.  Tamra and her ex-husband, Simon share joint legal and physical custody.  Simon protested the network airing any footage of his children and threatened to sue.  Tamra's position is when she has the kids they should be able to film with her.  Bravo will not air any footage of the kids without Simon's consent.  So Tamra decided to take Simon  to court, December 2013, in hopes of getting a court order that essentially said Simon had no say in his children being filmed when they were with Tamra.  To date there has been no ruling.  SImon in April of 2014. filed for a custody modification essentially citing that Tamra wasn't all that great a mom.  Tamra's 15 year old moved out of Tamra's house last October.  Tamra and her daughter are in court-ordered therapy. 

So when the show finished filming in March-there was no custody modification pending.  Another little bit of production magic.  After the modification was filed, Nancy Grace picked up the story and said some pretty harsh things about Tamra.  Tamra's response on Twitter:  @nancygrace-she can go suck balls.  I'll see her in court.

There is no update on the status other than Simon's attorney misrepresented the contents of a therapist letter. 

If I were Simon's counsel I would re-run over and over again, Tamra's attack on Lizzie's minor child.  Simon's rationale is he can't protect his children's image if they are allowed to film.

The current custody plan is as follows:  Tamra-Monday morning through Wednesday afternoon, Simon Wednesady afternoon through Friday afternoon with the parents alternating weekends.

I can't find out how much more time Simon wants with the kids as that has not been published. 

I hate to say it because it is never fun to be in a custody battle but Tamra fired the first volley by taking Simon to court over the filming of the children.

Great recap!!!!  The only thing I can add is Simon does have many exhibits from all these websites regarding keeping his children off TV.  She opened the door, Simon stuck his foot in it and stopped her from slamming it. 

It's very sad that her oldest daughter does not want to live with her mother.  Zoeysmom, correct me if I'm wrong, but there were texts between them that were exposed to the press.  The parent's FB pages became a who's taking the kids on vacation now. 

All the housewives have their children.  Except Tamballs.

• Love 4

I can see why Lizzie was hurt - she was set up by the show. Imagine the producers saying we're going to give you a birthday party!

But - she never needed to go there, as an adult.

I could care less about birthdays...they happen and close friends may take me to lunch or family a dinner.....but a whole party, just not my style. Although I get it in numbers ending in 0 for quite close family and friends. Not on tv though.

• Love 3

I agree. I think when he was on the show, they could do a much better job of controlling the children's image as well as setting boundaries around what the children would witness during filming. Tamra taking him to court so that she could basically have permission to exploit the kids as part of her story line would be a major red flag for most parents. 

I've always believed that while Tamra undoubtedly loves her kids, I have never had the feeling that they were a major priority for her. Even when the kids were on the show, we saw very little of them and Simon did the majority of interacting with them. I'm not a fan of Simon's, but I do think that Tamra went out of her way to make him the bad guy once she decided she was unhappy in her marriage. 

It's really interesting to see that Tamra's MO has not changed over the years. She pitted Simon against Ryan so that she could be the victim stuck in the middle. She pitted Vicki against Simon so that she could be the victim stuck in the middle. She pitted Gretchen against Vicki. And this year she tried to pit Shannon against Heather - I am very glad that Shannon didn't quietly fall into place to suit a "poor Tamra is stuck in the middle of her friends" story line.

Edited by MatildaMoody
  • Love 6

Is it me or does this sound extremely tough on those kids?  It's like they're being shuffled back and forth without being given any time to settle in to one home.  How do do these kids deal with this?  I would think (and I'm no expert) that the kids would be better off doing a week with mom and then a week with dad. 

• Love 9

Great recap!!!!  The only thing I can add is Simon does have many exhibits from all these websites regarding keeping his children off TV.  She opened the door, Simon stuck his foot in it and stopped her from slamming it. 

It's very sad that her oldest daughter does not want to live with her mother.  Zoeysmom, correct me if I'm wrong, but there were texts between them that were exposed to the press.  The parent's FB pages became a who's taking the kids on vacation now. 

All the housewives have their children.  Except Tamballs.

Text messages between Tamra and daughter:  http://allthingsrh.com/shocking-text-messages-tamra-barneys-fight-daughter-sidney-revealed/

Twitter response by daughter:  http://www.allabouttrh.com/tamras-daughter-speaks/  Eddie joined in as well.

I can see why Lizzie was hurt - she was set up by the show. Imagine the producers saying we're going to give you a birthday party!

But - she never needed to go there, as an adult.

I could care less about birthdays...they happen and close friends may take me to lunch or family a dinner.....but a whole party, just not my style. Although I get it in numbers ending in 0 for quite close family and friends. Not on tv though.

I am not a birthday person so the idea is lost on me.  Just in general if you are throwing a party and your guests drop off like flies and production hides the guests that did attend and keeps them off camera, one would feel pretty humiliated.  Add to that having to call one of your featured guests only to hear she is canceling and texting around making fun of your humiliation and it becomes more than a birthday party, it is an out and out cruel move.

So after re-viewing the Reunion the battle between Tamra and Lizzie can be summed up as follows:  Tamra to Lizzie-"it's just a party, get over it."  Lizzie to Tamra-"it's just a game, get over it."

• Love 8

Note to Self - If I Ever Find Myself In A Custody Battle, Do The Following:

1. Run around and scream like a feral harridan. Do the same on social media.

2. Gaslight at least one friend and/or coworker and make them think they are going cray cray.

3. Tell Nancy Grace "she can go and suck my balls" on social media.

4. Be the best Mini Flyweight, Keyser Soze liar I know I can be.

5. Capture all of the above on the tee-vee and social media for posterity.

Did I forget anything?

Edited by Scrambled Fog
  • Love 9

2. Gaslight at least one friend and/or coworker and make them think they are going cray cray.

Did I forget anything?

Bang your biker boy in the tub on TV?  Would that be #6?

• Love 10

Oh and Shannon?   There is absolutely no  way  for  someone (who calls himself a doctor, BTW) to use "muscle measurement"  to determine if one's pathology is caused by a virus or bacteria, and laying on of hands certainly won't cure either.    Thanks to idiotic beliefs like this,   people (her kids, she mentioned) don't get proper medical care, and in worse case scenarios such as the current Ebola outbreak, die from quackery treatment when they may have had a chance with proper medical care.    Not to say it's the same thing, but it's just so ignorant it makes me want to slap some sense into her easily snowed ass.      She is an idiot when it comes to medical matters.  

I appreciated what a good job Shannon did of making Tamra and Heather look like morons at the reunion, but I just can't with her and the healer.  What a load of crap.  I hate when this particular kind of idiot gets featured on a show because then more people will fall for these charlatans.  Shannon has just been lucky her children have not had any major illnesses where she wasted time taking them for muscle testing.  I suspect she drags them to him whenever they sneeze, so it's pretty easy for them to feel better in a  day or two.  Didn't she say she sees him two to three times a week?  I'll take that money and do some good with it.

• Love 8

I appreciated what a good job Shannon did of making Tamra and Heather look like morons at the reunion, but I just can't with her and the healer.  What a load of crap.  I hate when this particular kind of idiot gets featured on a show because then more people will fall for these charlatans.  Shannon has just been lucky her children have not had any major illnesses where she wasted time taking them for muscle testing.  I suspect she drags them to him whenever they sneeze, so it's pretty easy for them to feel better in a  day or two.  Didn't she say she sees him two to three times a week?  I'll take that money and do some good with it.

I never paid too much attention to Shannon and her healer.  However, during the reunion when they showed her with Dr. Moon, he turned away and she grabbed his hand and put it on her head.  Weirdo.  That just seemed so weird and inappropriate to me.  That's probably when she didn't go to bed at the same time David did.  I just found that odd.  IMO.  I don't touch my doctors.  Ew.  Especially one that plays with needles. {No offense to anyone.}  I like Shannon.  Hey, maybe if I had her cash I'd tell Mr. Lablover that my doctor said I need a massage every single day and my stress from ironing affects my skin, so I need a facial too.  And Dr. Moon said I would breath better with a boob lift.  Bam!  Write the check!

{Use your words writer girl!}

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 9

Great recap on the custody deal Zoeysmom. One other thing to note, Simon has contended that one of his kids has been hassled at school about Tamra's behavior on camera, specifically the bathtub romp with Eddie. Good for him for being the sane one and trying to keep them off camera, although he is as big of an ass as Tamra is, in his own way. He says that he allowed them to be filmed while he was also on the show because he was there to protect them. He doesn't believe she would do the same, which is strange because before all this started he had no issue with her having custody and being responsible for their day to day care for 50% of the time. If he is worried about her protecting her kids he would never let them be in her care at all. I would like him better if I thought he had the kids best interest at heart, but it seems like it is more about sticking it to Tamra. If I remember right (Zoeysmom, you can probably find it, I could not) the counselor has had some very harsh words for Simon in that he has distorted things that she/he has said in regard to Tamra's ability to mother the children, even accusing him of working behind the scenes to alter the kids perception of Tamra. I feel for the kids because both of their parents seem more intent on hurting the other and "winning" than actually parenting the kids.

• Love 10

Those texts are really awful. Tamra seems like the child complete with the clever comeback, "whatever! "Then she implies that the younger children are happier with her out of the house. Ouch! Really harsh and hurtful. It's the daughter who is the voice of reason saying we are not getting anywhere let's talk with the therapist. Tamra you should never ever critize anyone parenting, ever. THAT'S MY OPINION! I bet those kids have seen a lot of that type of psychotic yelling in their day.

• Love 7

How is it that Andy didn't address Lizzie's comments to her husband about how he can't get his dick hard, or whatever she yelled at him in the limo?  That's got to be one of the most vile things a housewife on any franchise has ever said.  You'd think Andy would want to exploit that?  This season has been mystifying to me.

And look, I'm a mom.  I really go out of my way not to judge other moms, unless they're overtly abusive or doing something else really, really egregious.  But how on earth can Tamra be "an amazing mom"?  How on earth??  I mean, that hot tub scene alone...

I'd describe Tamra as an "amazingly bad" parent...

Did Heather come up with the games for the party?  I think that whoever did was just wanting to stir up some shit. Nothing good can come out of playing this kind of game using only the people in the room for the answers.  I think it was a deliberate attempt to get people riled up at each other. YMMV.

Why does this party game gone wrong remind me of what happened in the last interminable season of RHoA?

• Love 3

I fail to see how calling it a plumeria tree is in any way abnormal - that is what I'd call it, too, and would never dream that this would come off as superior or knowledgeable.  Crap - I just defended Heather - off to have some ice cream down in Hell.

Maybe it's just all the people I've ever been around in life, but no one has ever stated, "Let's sit under this [Oak, Maple, Fir, Sycamore] tree."  If someone was describing a tree or marveling at a tree I could see using the name of it, but when walking and there's only one tree next to a table and seats, it seems more natural to say, "Let's sit under that tree" when it has absolutely nothing to do with the conversation.

• Love 7

Maybe it's just all the people I've ever been around in life, but no one has ever stated, "Let's sit under this [Oak, Maple, Fir, Sycamore] tree."  If someone was describing a tree or marveling at a tree I could see using the name of it, but when walking and there's only one tree next to a table and seats, it seems more natural to say, "Let's sit under that tree" when it has absolutely nothing to do with the conversation.

The thing that was so funny about this exchange is that Vicki was the one who was correcting Heather, not the other way around. Whether it is a major offense or not, Heather accurately named the tree, and dumb ass Vicki corrected her, confusing a tree with a disease. Even though she was the one calling Heather out for being wrong, she somehow turned it into Heather being the know-it-all in that situation. It was all so typical of the hypocrite that is Vicki.

• Love 7

During the season it was fear she expressed but by the time the reunion came around it was actually happening. She tweeted that her business took a hit, especially after the reunion episode between Brianna and Brooks was shown. Vicki has complained several times over the last 2-3 years that the show has "hurt" her business, more so last season though.

You make your choices, you pay. You want to play the bitch/shrew/harridan card on national TV in exchange for a hefty paycheck, maybe--just maybe--your business may suffer as people who prefer dealing with reality (as opposed to reality TV) decide to take their business elsewhere.

Decisions=consequences.

If they're smart, Tamra, Vicki and the rest are banking and investing their Bravo money for when it stops. I doubt it, though.

• Love 5

Vicki is no Rhodes scholar, but she did launch a business from scratch and build her own empire.  Heather snagged herself Miss Terry.  So Heather can spout off all the 50 cent words she knows all day long, but at the end of the day, Vicki is a way more accomplished person.  Tamra is just a rodent in a weave that's ten years too young for her.

• Love 10

It was just simply another way for Heather to show off her superior knowledge.  She has been so transparent in her attempts to demonstrate her "superiority" and I find it very amusing.  She seems to have no insight about her pretensions.  I have never really understood why the Dubrows lowered themselves to be on a show like this.....or why anyone would, for that matter

Edited by tulip555
  • Love 7

I am not worthy.  Bowing down.  Bhaaaahahahaha.  What a twat.  Thank you for making my hump day yak day!  LOL  Barf at ET Neck Helmet Head.

you owe me a new spleen.  ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!

Dear Hosebeast, your tanorexia addiction has affected me in the following ways...... show of hands, who's grateful to the Tamisman for the lessons she's taught us with regard to sunscreen? 

Hi! I'm new here (late to the party--but I showed up, unlike Tamra!), and just got finished watching both parts of the reunion.

Looking at Heather and her new 'do, one nickname comes to mind: "Cleopatronizer." That is all.

BWARARAAAAAGHAAAAAA!!!  Hey Leese?  start running a tab, I think we owe you a chicken dinner!   Welcome to the foolishness girl! LOL.

What?  this isn't a phrase that springs to mind when you think of good moms everywhere?

Did I forget anything?

What number are we up to?    Remember to look directly into the camera with the red light on as you screech howler monkey style and state that the words coming out of your mouth are YOUR OPINION!  Be mindful not to stretch your mouth edges too wide, that Sigourney Weaver shit was scary enough in the movies.

I'm gonna need ya'll to quit referencing Danielle.  She's not a real person and therefore, was never here.  ::swingspocketwatch:: you're..getting..sleepy

• Love 9

Vicki is no Rhodes scholar, but she did launch a business from scratch and build her own empire. Heather snagged herself Miss Terry. So Heather can spout off all the 50 cent words she knows all day long, but at the end of the day, Vicki is a way more accomplished person. Tamra is just a rodent in a weave that's ten years too young for her.

I don't know about an "empire". Wasn't her total business valued at $51,000? I will say she has done well and seems to be a very hard worker. I prefer her home over any of the others, and it seems like she has more than enough money to keep her happy. Good for her. The only good thing I can really say about Vicki is that she seems to be self-made, but then I would say the same about Heather and Terry. They seem to have made their fortune on their own, and seem to have done it doing things that they love, which in my book is an accomplishment on par with Vicki's. I wouldn't say that she is more accomplished, but that is just an opinion. For the entire time I have watched this show - save for the last year - she has seemed miserable. She knows bitter when she sees it because she has been there for years. No success in marriage at all, and for the most part, her kids are just horrible. Brianna can say she loves her all day and I am sure that she does, but neither one of her kids has ever acted as though they can stand to be around her for the most part. Her son wouldn't even give her his address. Not much of an accomplishment in my book.

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 8

From Tamra's texts to her daughter:

Btw. Stop being a victim and start being a survivor. Tons of families go through this and it’s how you pull through it that counts.

I know I'm not the only one who remembers Tamra being bratty about her parents getting divorced.  How her father had DESERTED HER and her mother.  How it made her INCAPABLE of trusting men!!  Oh yeah, and how she was in her mid-20's when said divorced happened....but her 15 year old daughter should just suck it up.

Mother of the year right there.

• Love 17

Did I forget anything?

Well, yes you did. #6 Talk about anal sex at a lovely dinner party! I'm sure her children were very proud of that moment. Even if Simon doesn't allow them to watch, plenty of their school friends do, I'm sure. That will surely win her custody battle for her!

• Love 7

Great recap on the custody deal Zoeysmom. One other thing to note, Simon has contended that one of his kids has been hassled at school about Tamra's behavior on camera, specifically the bathtub romp with Eddie. Good for him for being the sane one and trying to keep them off camera, although he is as big of an ass as Tamra is, in his own way. He says that he allowed them to be filmed while he was also on the show because he was there to protect them. He doesn't believe she would do the same, which is strange because before all this started he had no issue with her having custody and being responsible for their day to day care for 50% of the time. If he is worried about her protecting her kids he would never let them be in her care at all. I would like him better if I thought he had the kids best interest at heart, but it seems like it is more about sticking it to Tamra. If I remember right (Zoeysmom, you can probably find it, I could not) the counselor has had some very harsh words for Simon in that he has distorted things that she/he has said in regard to Tamra's ability to mother the children, even accusing him of working behind the scenes to alter the kids perception of Tamra. I feel for the kids because both of their parents seem more intent on hurting the other and "winning" than actually parenting the kids.

In California the preference is that both parents share joint physical legal custody.  I think Tamra tried to make Simon out to be the bad guy by filing the bogus DV complaint.  It is very difficult and very expensive to mount a custody battle in California because of the presumption.  IIRC they entered into the custody arrangement before Eddie and Tamra moved into together. I think Simon wants Tamra to be a good parent but she is so incredibly self-absorbed and worried about Eddie that she comes up short in the parenting department.

Here is my gripe with Tamra-this needs to be handled like an adult.  Crying everyday for the whole season because Simon won't allow the kids to film is not a good role model in a parent. I also question how happy her marriage is if she cries all the time. No one wants to be around that for an extended period of time.  I think Simon should just submit the parenting scores Eddie and Tamra racked up with Astro.  I am kidding, but I do believe this is exactly the behavior Simon is trying to avoid exposing his children to.  If you watch the Hoedown-you can see Tamra's children's faces blurred out.  So the children experience some of the events they just aren't allowed to be shown.

Here is what happened regarding the therapist.  Simon's attorney prepared a declaration claiming the oldest daughter had physical ailments caused by anxiety and attached the therapist's letter.  The letter did not state what was alleged by Simon.  The letter basically went on to state that both were fit parents AND with continuing counseling session with the counselor$$$$$, the situation regarding the oldest daughter could be resolved. 

I was shocked when Tamra actually told the truth at the Reunion and said it was a modification of custody not Simon seeking sole custody.  For once she told the truth.

• Love 2

The thing that was so funny about this exchange is that Vicki was the one who was correcting Heather, not the other way around. Whether it is a major offense or not, Heather accurately named the tree, and dumb ass Vicki corrected her, confusing a tree with a disease. Even though she was the one calling Heather out for being wrong, she somehow turned it into Heather being the know-it-all in that situation. It was all so typical of the hypocrite that is Vicki.

I'm pretty sure Vicki was joking about the STI. It was her way of calling Heather out on her pretension.

• Love 3

Is it me or does this sound extremely tough on those kids?  It's like they're being shuffled back and forth without being given any time to settle in to one home.  How do do these kids deal with this?  I would think (and I'm no expert) that the kids would be better off doing a week with mom and then a week with dad. 

breezy424, I so agree with you, this has to be tortuous for the Barney kids, going from one parent's home to the other all the time.....I realize Dr. Laura is a very polarizing person, but I believe she says that in a case like this, the parents should be the ones shuttling back and forth, not the kids and I agree with her 100%...I cringe when I see kids like this (the Gosselins are a good example, unfortunately) on TV because one or both of the parents assumes it's OK for their kids' private lives to be filmed, it's NOT!!!  The kids have NO choice, despite what they might say to appease their parents, kids are NOT in a position to decide this for themselves....and these so-called parents that think it is OK for kid to filmed are f**ked up in the head....I'm sure Tamrot's plan is to use her kids as a storyline....

• Love 4

Looking back at the last part of the seaon, I don't believe Tamra about fuck/shag and that game for a basic reason: when they all arrived in Bali, Tamra was her typical overbearing chatty narcissistic self, and was not freezing out Lizzie and Danielle and bitching about the game.  AFTER Lizzie complained about the rudeness surrounding her birthday party, and AFTER Tamra's behind the back bullshit was exposed, THEN Lizzie became the enemy and had to be annihilated for the remainder of the trip (this is when Tamra seems to have told Vicki), over Vicki's dinner and during the reunion.  Not before.  Hm.

Tamra talks to lie.  And she texts to be Mommy of the Year.  She is absolutely contemptible and without redemption.  I don't think she loves her kids in the way we typically define loving. 

• Love 8

Vicki is no Rhodes scholar, but she did launch a business from scratch and build her own empire.  Heather snagged herself Miss Terry.  So Heather can spout off all the 50 cent words she knows all day long, but at the end of the day, Vicki is a way more accomplished person.  Tamra is just a rodent in a weave that's ten years too young for her.

Tamrat Judge:  Rodent in a Weave.  That's how I'm thinking of her from now on.  Well played!  

Tamra talks to lie.  And she texts to be Mommy of the Year.  She is absolutely contemptible and without redemption.  I don't think she loves her kids in the way we typically define loving.

She and Vicki are very much the same when it comes to their children.  They want their children to love their mothers and make everything about them.  They do not really care about their children other than how it reflects on them.  Vicki is a little better, although it may just be that her kids are older so she and Donn did not have custody issues.  Hosebeast Tamra is using her children as a weapon against her ex and trying to use them to shore up her position on a reality show,.  Unless we end up with a Buster Bluth situation, I suspect her kids may well pull a Michael and disengage once they are of age.  

Edited by Muffyn
  • Love 4

GISELLE, ON 03 SEPT 2014 - 9:57 PM, SAID:

Yep and there was also a kid added to the 1980's sitcom "Growing Pains" when those kids stopped being cute.

Hmmm what was that kid's name.....oh, yeah ....Leonardo DiCaprio.  He was no Cousin Oliver.

Wonder what ever happened to him. :)

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 6

Yes, and after highjacking the toast, the best Madame puppet can come up with is a slimy Office Space-style/motivational poster platitude like that?? Not to mention the hypocrisy of it.

it's the same shit she spouted at the end of the final ep. Ugh.
  • Love 4

Bang your biker boy in the tub on TV? Would that be #6?

What number are we up to? Remember to look directly into the camera with the red light on as you screech howler monkey style and state that the words coming out of your mouth are YOUR OPINION! Be mindful not to stretch your mouth edges too wide, that Sigourney Weaver shit was scary enough in the movies.

Well, yes you did. #6 Talk about anal sex at a lovely dinner party! I'm sure her children were very proud of that moment. Even if Simon doesn't allow them to watch, plenty of their school friends do, I'm sure. That will surely win her custody battle for her!

How could I forget these three? These are the best ones!

6. Become a reality show, soft-core porn "actress".

7. Talk about anal sex whenever possible when on the tee-vee. Especially during meals.

8. Scream "IT'S MY OPINION" while using my bestest Bride of Chucky facial expression. Use it on the judge who is presiding over my custody battle, if possible.

ETA:

9. Refer to my latest Mexican-American husband as a "beaner" instead of using his name when on the tee-vee.

10. Get into a Twitter war with my 15 year old daughter. Come off as so immature and narcissistic, people think I am the child and my daughter is the parent.

11. Be obssessed with the breasts of my coworkers. Call them "Jesus Jugs" (this will also show I study the Christian Bible) and "Kentucky Fried Titties" instead of using their names.

Edited by Scrambled Fog
  • Love 8

I'm pretty sure Vicki was joking about the STI. It was her way of calling Heather out on her pretension.

I agree Vicki was making a joke.  It was then wrapped into yet another ridiculous storyline. I am a little tired of the producers coming up with the very contrived storylines for Heather.  Last year there was the BS -'he said the word divorce' storyline and he was not supportive of my four day job.  This year it is hard being Heather because she is smarter and more articulate than the rest.  Then there was the purebred vs. rescue dog storyline.  And my favorite -we are building the biggest house in the development and people were late to our groundbreaking and said something bad.

There is never a reality check for Heather.  Even when she is DEAD wrong she is allowed to marginalize it and make it sound as if spreading gossip is okay because it was without malice or a inaccurate perception of events is okay because of her mindset.  Funny how her perceptions never put her in a bad light.  My theory is E! and Bravo are both owned by NBC/Universal and they don't want to damage the star of "Botched" by bringing out what petty people they are.  Heather also took to the defensive early on saying she didn't know if she would return because of things that happened behind the scenes.  I think the producers are working overtime at keeping Heather and I predict she will have a role where it is all about their house and little else.

• Love 4

This is a little OT, but I got a lip gloss confiscated once at the airport because I went over my fluid limit. How the heck are these Real Housewives allowed to fly anywhere with all of their fillers and breast implants? What gives?

ETA: I do think Lizzie's breasts are real.

Edited by Scrambled Fog
  • Love 4

I agree Vicki was making a joke.  It was then wrapped into yet another ridiculous storyline. I am a little tired of the producers coming up with the very contrived storylines for Heather.  Last year there was the BS -'he said the word divorce' storyline and he was not supportive of my four day job.  This year it is hard being Heather because she is smarter and more articulate than the rest.  Then there was the purebred vs. rescue dog storyline.  And my favorite -we are building the biggest house in the development and people were late to our groundbreaking and said something bad.

There is never a reality check for Heather.  Even when she is DEAD wrong she is allowed to marginalize it and make it sound as if spreading gossip is okay because it was without malice or a inaccurate perception of events is okay because of her mindset.  Funny how her perceptions never put her in a bad light.  My theory is E! and Bravo are both owned by NBC/Universal and they don't want to damage the star of "Botched" by bringing out what petty people they are.  Heather also took to the defensive early on saying she didn't know if she would return because of things that happened behind the scenes.  I think the producers are working overtime at keeping Heather and I predict she will have a role where it is all about their house and little else.

The problem with protecting the image of the "star" of Botched is Terry does himself in every time he does a pre-surgical breast exam and goes back and strokes the woman's breast after the exam is over (the man really likes those foobs) or does his usual mediocre surgery.  He is a hack but he is willing to do any snarky talking head they want.  

• Love 2

I agree Vicki was making a joke. It was then wrapped into yet another ridiculous storyline. I am a little tired of the producers coming up with the very contrived storylines for Heather. Last year there was the BS -'he said the word divorce' storyline and he was not supportive of my four day job. This year it is hard being Heather because she is smarter and more articulate than the rest. Then there was the purebred vs. rescue dog storyline. And my favorite -we are building the biggest house in the development and people were late to our groundbreaking and said something bad.

There is never a reality check for Heather. Even when she is DEAD wrong she is allowed to marginalize it and make it sound as if spreading gossip is okay because it was without malice or a inaccurate perception of events is okay because of her mindset. Funny how her perceptions never put her in a bad light. My theory is E! and Bravo are both owned by NBC/Universal and they don't want to damage the star of "Botched" by bringing out what petty people they are. Heather also took to the defensive early on saying she didn't know if she would return because of things that happened behind the scenes. I think the producers are working overtime at keeping Heather and I predict she will have a role where it is all about their house and little else.

I don't think I can agree with this theory because it is not as if Heather got a good edit or Bravo protected her by only showing good stuff. She showed her ass plenty of times and Bravo got a good deal of it on film. Same with Terry. If the plan by the networks was to not damage their Botched star than they failed miserably and whoever was in charge of protecting them should be fired immediately. This forum is pretty much a testament to the fact that the vast majority of folks cannot stand Heather, which means she came off looking badly (lots of it by her own behavior, with some editing thrown in, but everyone can make that case). I would also say that Heather's perceptions put her in a bad light pretty much all season. I do agree that Bravo will work hard to keep her, and her contract may very well be up so they might have to pay. The dynamic between good (Shannon) and evil (Heather) is just too good and Bravo will want to prime that pump. Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 10