Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E20: Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

I had forgotten about PV, motorcitymom! Yeah, she was definitely out of her element, lol. Not experienced at traveling with all that wealth IS strange, too. Not working, etc. I'm a bipolar agoraphobe so I wonder about others. I don't think she's dealing with anything like that but maybe borderline? She does come across as fragile at first but showed her strength later.

• Love 3

Shannon came off as snobby to me on a couple of occasions. The cotillion deal for one. Not the fact that they were going, but the disgust in her voice when David mentioned that he had grown up fine without it. Her response about him growing up middle class in Michigan and being unfamiliar with such things was a little snobby.

But really, her snobbiest moment came in PV when she didn't know how she could sleep in such a small room. It was so beyond ridiculous as we were talking about 3 nights. It wasn't just the smal room, however. When they were walking through Vicki's pad to her to her room she mentioned that she and David generally stayed at only the best hotels, and staying in a place that was "less than" when they got away so rarely was a bummer. Vicki's place was nice, the view amazing, food and drinks were flowing all around. Yet she found it lacking, which was snobby.

I think we will see more of this next year, but it is just a guess. Shannon is a nice, but extremely interesting character. I have never met anyone like her in real life. Someone who has never worked apparently at all? Seems like she grew up with extreme wealth, went to college, then did nothing for 12 or so years until she married David. There is no mention anywhere of her ever having any type of career. Not to judge too harshly, but this is just strange to me, without any type of explanation. I could inderstand if she had been raising children or taking care of someone who was ill, but other than that, someone just doing nothing for years when they are smart, educated and capable is odd to me and begs for an explanation. I think there are quirks and strange personality traits here that we haven't completely seen yet.

Shannon had about six or seven moments with David-the chandelier cleaning experience, telling him not to talk with his mouth full and broke vs. broken, the Cotillion moment, the creature of habit (which he returned an equally snotty retort about eating chips and salsa), telling him to go entertain the guests (which there is no way the guests heard the comment-see floor plan here http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-1s9aPUWR6LQ/U3_alSslgyI/AAAAAAAAVb8/zf00ounZN7I/s1600/Beador_FP1.jpg there is an entire room separating the kitchen and the dining room), her behavior in PV at dinner.   Shannon needs to look up the meaning of banter-that is not what she and David displayed at the beginning of the season that was more of verbal sparring. 

I have to disagree with the room.  The Beadors offered to check into a hotel.  The idea, as a hostess, that Vicki stuck them in the maids quarters was absurd.  This wasn't a yacht, a some sort of "Survivor" challenge, it was an invitation to a resort stay.  Yeah, the views for Vicki were great, they were of the ocean, not the highway, like the ones she stuck Shannon and David with the first night.  I firmly believe part of that was a charade engineered by production.  Once the Beadors threw out the get a hotel, it was interesting how a better room became available.  I found it far from snobby-I thought it was entirely appropriate not to subject oneself to three sleepless nights during filming. 

I don't think there is any evidence that Shannon did nothing between college and marriage, she much like Tamra, just hasn't shared what she did prior to marriage.  It would be an interesting question to ask her but I don't assume she did nothing.  In Tamra's case I am thinking something in the adult entertainment business.

To me the interesting thing is Shannon seems to be the one making all the day to day changes.  I don't know how long her oldest daughter is going to like going to bed at 8:00 pm.  Good luck with that one,  I can understand that David has to work early but to me a reasonably meeting of the minds, would be that David stay up a bit later and get his work out in either during his lunch hour or after work. If they don't already have one there is plenty of room for a gym in the house.  Shannon and the girls could certainly use the facilities as well. The only compromise I saw David make was taking vacations with his wife.  David also pretty steadfastly defended his wife so that was a good thing.

If Shannon's challenge next season is to out-snob the Dubrows she has a herculean task ahead of her.  Heather has clearly planted her flag on top of that mountain. 

Next season will be Shannon falling from grace.  Tamra pretty well set her up with the sweet and not a mean bone in her body.  That never lasts.

• Love 8

The thing that was so funny about this exchange is that Vicki was the one who was correcting Heather, not the other way around. Whether it is a major offense or not, Heather accurately named the tree, and dumb ass Vicki corrected her, confusing a tree with a disease. Even though she was the one calling Heather out for being wrong, she somehow turned it into Heather being the know-it-all in that situation. It was all so typical of the hypocrite that is Vicki.

Vicki said she was joking.

• Love 6

To me the interesting thing is Shannon seems to be the one making all the day to day changes.  I don't know how long her oldest daughter is going to like going to bed at 8:00 pm.

She probably has a TV in her room, an iPad and an iPhone, so it's no big deal.  

• Love 4

I had forgotten about PV, motorcitymom! Yeah, she was definitely out of her element, lol. Not experienced at traveling with all that wealth IS strange, too. Not working, etc. I'm a bipolar agoraphobe so I wonder about others. I don't think she's dealing with anything like that but maybe borderline? She does come across as fragile at first but showed her strength later.

Nah. I don't think Shannon has BPD. She was stressed due to her marital situation and being gaslighted by her coworkers. Being gaslighted is no joke, from what I understand.

If anyone has Cluster B issues its Tamra. That woman is a walking petri dish of mental pathology, in my non-expert opinion.

• Love 6

Whatever Vicki did this year worked for her.  The greater the distance between she and Tamra the happier Vicki seems to be.  I am quite certain tonight's performance will send her into the finals in the E! competition.

I agree. I also think Vicki is in a better place than she's been in awhile. I believe her when she says she's dating around and I found her defense of Shannon very genuine. I think this is the first season where I mostly liked Vicki.

I have to say, my number one moment of the night, and possibly even the entire reunion, was when Vicki called Tamra out on her bitterness, and asked Tamra if she was so happy in her marriage with Eddie, and if she's in such a happy space in her life, why is she so bitter.  I think that was so "to the point."  If Tamra is so in love with Eddie, and happily married to him, and has such a great life with him, then why is she she such a hateful and vile person?  Happy and fulfilled people don't spew so much venom.

I definitely think that Eddie and Tamra's marriage is on shaky ground - they're newlyweds, but Eddie looks completely checked out. Plus, with the custody issues, I'm sure Tamra is really angry deep down inside that her life kind of sucks right now. That's why she lashes out at people and tries to make them as miserable as she is. After all, misery certainly loves company. She's probably pissed that Shannon and David are rekindling their relationship and that Vicki is seemingly happy with Brooks.

One thing that I wished the reunion addressed?  Danielle.  So fucking weird what they did with her.  Omission to the point where it was distracting.

Bravo did this with ATL, too - there were two women who were prospective HWs and they disappeared halfway through the season. They didn't even get mentioned at the reunion despite at least one of them being a major part of an epic fight scene. If Bravo opts not to continue with a particular HW, they really should just edit all mention of them out of the season. It's distracting and makes the series disjointed when they don't.

I loved Vicki's little gloves off gesture. It cracked me up.

For all Tamra's bullshit talk, she didn't have much to say about Vicki after that.

One of the best reunion moments for me. Vicki truly didn't give a fuck and for all of dirt Tamra supposedly has on Vicki, she just sat there and looked uncomfortable. I also loved when Vicki told Tamra not to ever say 'fuck you' to her again. Again, Tamra had no rebuttal.

I have to say...so what that Lizzie's son hit her with a stuffed animal? He's a toddler. That doesn't make Lizzie a bad mother at all. Children act out and test limits. When she started crying, I just felt sad for her. I was hoping she'd kick ass at the reunion, but she just seemed genuinely hurt by Tamra, the birthday situation, and whatever comment was made about her parenting. I don't think she'll be back.

• Love 8

I have to disagree with the room.  The Beadors offered to check into a hotel.  The idea, as a hostess, that Vicki stuck them in the maids quarters was absurd.  This wasn't a yacht, a some sort of "Survivor" challenge, it was an invitation to a resort stay.  Yeah, the views for Vicki were great, they were of the ocean, not the highway, like the ones she stuck Shannon and David with the first night.  I firmly believe part of that was a charade engineered by production.  Once the Beadors threw out the get a hotel, it was interesting how a better room became available.  I found it far from snobby-I thought it was entirely appropriate not to subject oneself to three sleepless nights during filming. 

I don't think there is any evidence that Shannon did nothing between college and marriage, she much like Tamra, just hasn't shared what she did prior to marriage.  It would be an interesting question to ask her but I don't assume she did nothing.  In Tamra's case I am thinking something in the adult entertainment business.

To me the interesting thing is Shannon seems to be the one making all the day to day changes.  I don't know how long her oldest daughter is going to like going to bed at 8:00 pm.  Good luck with that one,  I can understand that David has to work early but to me a reasonably meeting of the minds, would be that David stay up a bit later and get his work out in either during his lunch hour or after work. If they don't already have one there is plenty of room for a gym in the house.  Shannon and the girls could certainly use the facilities as well. The only compromise I saw David make was taking vacations with his wife.  David also pretty steadfastly defended his wife so that was a good thing.

If Shannon's challenge next season is to out-snob the Dubrows she has a herculean task ahead of her.  Heather has clearly planted her flag on top of that mountain. 

Next season will be Shannon falling from grace.  Tamra pretty well set her up with the sweet and not a mean bone in her body.  That never lasts.

It is nice to offer to stay at a hotel when visiting friends/family before you arrive if you think the accommodations will be tight. If you walk in, take your luggage up to the room your hostess has made ready for you, then say you would prefer to stay at a hotel, it is rude and snobby. I just cannot see any way around this. I would feel so if someone came to my home and did this and would never dream of doing it myself, even when my husband and I have been shoved in bunk beds, on sleeper sofas in living rooms, in attic bedrooms, and even on one occasion in an unfinished basement. I would also think it was rude if Heather and a Terry had done it. I think it is actually interesting that Shannon has reached the age of 50 and has never been asked to sleep in such an average space before. I cannot imagine that many folks on this board would say they have never done this.

Agreed about Shannon being the only one to change her behavior. Good for her, but I think it will take more than that. It does sound like perhaps David is changing a little bit now that I think about it, as she said they have been away together several times. I wonder if he planned any of these trips. Her initial bitch about him was that he never spent enough time thinking about her to take the time to plan anything. Hopefully she has realized that it shouldn't matter who plans things (especially if one of you works long hours, while the other one does nothing except go see Dr. Moon 3 times a week and keep watch over the 9 lemons in the centerpiece) as long as something gets planned.

• Love 7

Shannon had her moments with David.

There was one moment that stuck out to me, during the Cotillion conversation. And it was actually their daughter telling David he had no manners because he never went to cotillion.

I remember thinking ouch! She has heard Shannon put David down more then once.

If they had been laughing/joking I would have not thought nothing of it. But David's "excuse me?" Told me he was not amused.

I hope they work things out. It's never good when the kids pick up on the picking on one parent.

• Love 4

David could have been kidding? I've said stuff like that when my kids put something out there and they knew I was playing. Not sure myself! I like Lizzienalldat but all I can say to her is "Buck up buttercup! You signed up for reality tv. Any tv watching person in the year 2014 oughta have a real good grasp of what that is with Big Brother, Real World, Gorden Ramsey's 1000 shows, and Ho'Wives everwhere, etc. No matter the premise of the show, there is always some drama. You know that whether you watch or don't watch because of it. Don't crumble-rumble!"

I meant when David said, "Excuse me", I've said that when my kids "corrected" me. They were usually playing (for their own good, lol) and so was I.

• Love 3

David could have been kidding? I've said stuff like that when my kids put something out there and they knew I was playing. Not sure myself! I like Lizzienalldat but all I can say to her is "Buck up buttercup! You signed up for reality tv. Any tv watching person in the year 2014 oughta have a real good grasp of what that is with Big Brother, Real World, Gorden Ramsey's 1000 shows, and Ho'Wives everwhere, etc. No matter the premise of the show, there is always some drama. You know that whether you watch or don't watch because of it. Don't crumble-rumble!"

I meant when David said, "Excuse me", I've said that when my kids "corrected" me. They were usually playing (for their own good, lol) and so was I.

Yeah, he could have been. It was something about the look on his face, that made me think he didn't appreciate it.
  • Love 4

Regarding the plumeria discussion....I live in the PNW... when I travel I love seeing plants I can't grow....and I don't even have a green thumb. But they don't really grow here anyway.

Like hibiscus, gardenias, bougainvillea.....no big deal for me.....is that really wrong of me?

OTOH a lot of people aren't familiar with what we have here....primroses, slugs.....ie

I know many plant varieties and also birds, I would like to think that we are the norm but not so.

• Love 4

Brooks was at the reunion!!! Vicki's hesitation then eventual answer solves some thoughts on if they are together or not, but still leaves open some doubt if they are. Hmm

http://www.bravotv.c...ted_sfv_OCT13_A

Sorry, Vicks, you sounded full of crap, hun.  Seeing "other people"?  Please, Vicks.   She can't seem to get this smarmy loser outta her system (er, literally).  Eh, if she wants to be involved with the slimy pig, that's up to her.  Oh and Vicks, you ain't foolin' nobody.  That look of shock & horrors when Brooksie went on bout your vagina was horseshit.  We know you luved that sleazy shit.  Made me wanna vomit.

• Love 5

Not arguing but I didn't perceive (Heather behavior alert) Shannon as snobby or nasty. I saw her as awkward, uncomfortable and fearful with the very world around her. My speculation, which will get ya nothing, is that she was reallyreallyreally sheltered growing up and during the first yrs of her marriage. I think when David got tired of doing all the extras required by her fears, etc, it showed and made her feel rejected. Hence the nitpicking which I feel she did out of hurt feelings of rejection. Her very self awareness and deprecation doesn't really indicate snobbery to me. Just insecurity. Even the nagging of David. It seemed like those were the only things she could find fault with OUT LOUD without seeming very, very vulnerable and needy. Or maybe just maybe, bringing up a past transgression that she couldn't quite get over. I'm pretty sure all the other ladies' "mens" made her look at her prize, David, in a whole 'nother light! JMHO.

To me Shannon did seem very scared and fragile early in the season.  She was an easy target for the more vicious of the howives (yes, I'm thinking of that angry racoon, Tamra).  I agree with your assessment.  Her passive aggressive behavior toward her husband was very extreme but it also might be the only way she could figure out how to express herself as their communication got worse and worse.  Doesn't excuse it but it explains it.  

This doesn't mean she cannot be snobbish sometimes.  We've seen examples.  Although hers seems to be more snobbishness brought on by not understanding there are other ways that people live rather than trying to always prove she is better than everyone else (Heather).  I could understand her balking at the room at Vicki's condo based on learning that Michael was going to have to sleep on the couch.  Her reaction based on it being small was snobbish.  I always chose to stay at a hotel; I have to be very careful how I sleep because of some injuries.  Then again, I make these plans in advance and graciously reject offers to stay with people.  I assume this whole set up was production chimps at work.  

The overall level of fear and uneasiness she shows also makes sense in terms of her apparent hypochondria and need to see a "healer" all the time.  She is trying for a physical fix to a psychological issue - all the crystals in the world aren't going to help with that.  

Shannon, having grown up with money, has nothing to prove on that account.  The Douchebrows are constantly trying to prove they are better than others.  

Not to me it isn't.  I couldn't identify a plumeria tree if I was standing under it so I didn't think there was anything unusual about Heather calling it that.  In addition I curse the crepe myrtle on my front lawn because its pink buds are everywhere inside my house and I also yell at the sycamore across the street when all of its leaves blow onto my front walk.

So are you saying your lawn should get off your lawn?   I'll shake my fist at the sky for you.  

• Love 6

I think the main reasons why Shannon looked different at the reunion was she was a lot happier and more relaxed. Happiness can really change a person's face. So can relaxation.

I hope the producer's keep their chaos stirring hands off of Shannon. I hope they keep their editing software off of her as well.

I really like Lizzie. I thought she did quite well at the reunion. If anything, she reminded us what real feelings and tears should look like on a Real Housewife.

• Love 9

It is nice to offer to stay at a hotel when visiting friends/family before you arrive if you think the accommodations will be tight. If you walk in, take your luggage up to the room your hostess has made ready for you, then say you would prefer to stay at a hotel, it is rude and snobby. I just cannot see any way around this. I would feel so if someone came to my home and did this and would never dream of doing it myself, even when my husband and I have been shoved in bunk beds, on sleeper sofas in living rooms, in attic bedrooms, and even on one occasion in an unfinished basement. I would also think it was rude if Heather and a Terry had done it. I think it is actually interesting that Shannon has reached the age of 50 and has never been asked to sleep in such an average space before. I cannot imagine that many folks on this board would say they have never done this.

Agreed about Shannon being the only one to change her behavior. Good for her, but I think it will take more than that. It does sound like perhaps David is changing a little bit now that I think about it, as she said they have been away together several times. I wonder if he planned any of these trips. Her initial bitch about him was that he never spent enough time thinking about her to take the time to plan anything. Hopefully she has realized that it shouldn't matter who plans things (especially if one of you works long hours, while the other one does nothing except go see Dr. Moon 3 times a week and keep watch over the 9 lemons in the centerpiece) as long as something gets planned.

it would have been nice if Vicki had said -we have you and David staying in the maid's quarters on the highway side of the condo before they arrived so they could have made other arrangements.  To show someone a great view and home and then show them to those accommodations was  pushing the limits.  You call it rude and snobby I call it reality.  This is not Vicki's home-it is a timeshare that she gets two weeks out of the year.  She had to know there was the chance the Beadors would not find the accommodations charming or adequate.  Now if the Beadors had moved into a hotel and complained about having to pay for a hotel that would have been tacky.

I think Shannon's complaint is she wanted to be asked to go away-not that David plan the trip.  I am sure Shannon's life, as a mother of three girls, is a lot more complex than staring at lemons and going to Dr. Moon.

On a Reunion related note-how come Andy didn't bring up the bull scene where Tamra got tossed?  Heather admits to saying "turn it up"  in her blog and even throws out that the operator didn't speak English (somehow I think he could understand, turn it up, stop, or slow down-even if English was not his first language).  I think the only thing Heather got called out on was Javier's, tardy to the party and kicking Shannon out of her house.   Even then Andy missed the "I'll buy you a thesaurus," comment.

• Love 6

On a Reunion related note-how come Andy didn't bring up the bull scene where Tamra got tossed?  Heather admits to saying "turn it up"  in her blog and even throws out that the operator didn't speak English (somehow I think he could understand, turn it up, stop, or slow down-even if English was not his first language).  I think the only thing Heather got called out on was Javier's, tardy to the party and kicking Shannon out of her house.   Even then Andy missed the "I'll buy you a thesaurus," comment.

I think either they are saving it for the lost footage, or it didn't make the cut. Tamra said a few weeks back when someone asked about it on Twitter that it was addressed at the reunion.

• Love 3

it would have been nice if Vicki had said -we have you and David staying in the maid's quarters on the highway side of the condo before they arrived so they could have made other arrangements. To show someone a great view and home and then show them to those accommodations was pushing the limits. You call it rude and snobby I call it reality. This is not Vicki's home-it is a timeshare that she gets two weeks out of the year. She had to know there was the chance the Beadors would not find the accommodations charming or adequate. Now if the Beadors had moved into a hotel and complained about having to pay for a hotel that would have been tacky.

I think Shannon's complaint is she wanted to be asked to go away-not that David plan the trip. I am sure Shannon's life, as a mother of three girls, is a lot more complex than staring at lemons and going to Dr. Moon.

On a Reunion related note-how come Andy didn't bring up the bull scene where Tamra got tossed? Heather admits to saying "turn it up" in her blog and even throws out that the operator didn't speak English (somehow I think he could understand, turn it up, stop, or slow down-even if English was not his first language). I think the only thing Heather got called out on was Javier's, tardy to the party and kicking Shannon out of her house. Even then Andy missed the "I'll buy you a thesaurus," comment.

I think it was just the second or third bedroom, not the maids room. I doubt a condo would have a maid's room. It looked like a pretty good sized room with it's own bathroom so I'm not seeing how Vicki should have known it would be offensive. I do agree that Shannon and David have every right to get a hotel, I just think since Shannon is self confessed picky little thing they should have just booked the hotel before even going. Just take 5 minutes and think about the invitation to stay with 7 adults in a 3 bedroom condo and think about who you are and then say "thanks Vicki! We'd love to come, but we were thinking of renting a hotel room nearby. You know, gotta fill up the love tank *wink* *wink*. Any recommendations?" I know that adults who require special handling are a trigger with me so I think I would like Shannon a lot more if it didn't feel like she has to be extra special about shit all the time.

• Love 6

Man, can someone please give Shannon a heads up, she keeps saying Heather is acting "condescending" when she should be saying she's acting "condescendingly"?  This is driving me nuts.  What's with these supposedly educated women & their piss poor grammar, vocabulary & lack of knowledge of proper word usage?  And yeah, that goes for Heather too.  When she actually explained to us what a thesaurus is I really wanted to kick her in the head.  WTF?

Anyone know if Heather still has that shitty 'do?  Er, how many flat irons died so Heather could get dat shit?

• Love 10

Very touching:

Joan Rivers getting ready for surgery and talking about dying. RIP Joan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dl0iXZAPrdA

She also "had plans" her funeral. HA HA!

From her book:  "I want craft services, I want paparazzi and I want publicists making a scene! I want it to be Hollywood all the way. I don’t want some rabbi rambling on; I want Meryl Streep crying, in five different accents. I don’t want a eulogy; I want Bobby Vinton to pick up my head and sing “Mr. Lonely.” I want to look gorgeous, better dead than I do alive. I want to be buried in a Valentino gown and I want Harry Winston to make me a toe tag. And I want a wind machine so that even in the casket my hair is blowing just like Beyoncé’s."

This was from the NBC News website.  

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/joan-rivers-death/joan-rivers-fantasized-about-streep-vinton-funeral-n196606

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 7

Met Lizzie tonite at the market as we were both at the self checkers. I had to ask if it was her, she was very gracious, and I must say she is gorgeous in person. No makeup and straight hair, just wearing some stretchy yoga pants or something and a tank top, fabulous figure, actually better than how they have her done up on the show.

Did she talk about the show?

Satan Andy was just on with Anderson Cooper and said he had developed a show with Joan that he was pitching, where she would play a Judge Judy kinda judge, presiding over Housewives disputes to offer a "judgement" -- like on what to do if someone spoiled someone else's party.  Actually, this sounds like it coulda been fun.  Oh well.

http://instagram.com/p/siRmEBHwQR/?modal=true

It would have been fun to see Joan put Heather in her place or telling Tamra her son is so ugly he has to get women drunk before having sex with them.

I'm sure she would call me a "fatass" behind my back right after she swipes my ATM card.  I would steal towels to use for doggy when it rains.  Then bring them back so her ass would have to wash stinky wet dog shit off them.

BWAH-HA-HA! You got me laughing so hard a coworker thought I was choking to death on my lunch!

• Love 5

I'm going to give it to Heather for calling it a plumeria tree. Plumerias are a big deal in Hawaii. The minute you get off the plane, you see plumeria leis everywhere. The trees are beautiful and perfume the air. Vicki is a fucking idiot.

Completely agree.   Plus, Plumeria is a very distinctive looking tree.    They're called Frangipani here in Florida.   Yes, Vicki is a willfully ignorant bozo who gets offended because someone very innocuously throws some knowledge her way.     If I were going to sit under a palm tree, I's say "let's sit under this palm tree".      As opposed to the Frangipani.   Or whatever. 

• Love 5

Not to me it isn't.  I couldn't identify a plumeria tree if I was standing under it so I didn't think there was anything unusual about Heather calling it that.  In addition I curse the crepe myrtle on my front lawn because its pink buds are everywhere inside my house and I also yell at the sycamore across the street when all of its leaves blow onto my front walk.

I really feel your pain.  Some idiot planted two chinaberry trees in my back yard, and I can't afford to have them removed.  Damn berry dropping pests!

But really, her snobbiest moment came in PV when she didn't know how she could sleep in such a small room. It was so beyond ridiculous as we were talking about 3 nights. It wasn't just the smal room, however. When they were walking through Vicki's pad to her to her room she mentioned that she and David generally stayed at only the best hotels, and staying in a place that was "less than" when they got away so rarely was a bummer. Vicki's place was nice, the view amazing, food and drinks were flowing all around. Yet she found it lacking, which was snobby.

I don't think there's a nice way to tell someone their guest room isn't good enough for you.  For Pete's sake, just suck it up, and say thank you for the hospitality.

• Love 3

I don't mind Shannon and David wanting to get a hotel room.  Clearly, Shannon and David are used to different accommodations, and they did feel bad about it and tried to come up with a gracious way of telling Vickie so.  Ultimately, I think they decided that they didn't want to have to kick Michael out of his room.  It wasn't just Shannon who seemed to balk at the room.  I think David did as well. 

Everyone has their own standards.  What may be okay for me may be not up to snuff for you, and vice versa.  When we visit my in-laws we stay at a hotel.  We always say, "We don't wanna be a bother, plus staying at a hotel makes us feel like we're on a mini vacation."  I think it was important that Shannon and David really tried not offend Vickie, and if I were Vickie, I would have invited them and said, "I'd love for you to stay with us, but if you'd feel more comfortable getting a hotel room, I understand." I actually think Heather and Terry would have been more snobby had they been invited to Casa Gunvalson.

• Love 6

Satan Andy was just on with Anderson Cooper and said he had developed a show with Joan that he was pitching, where she would play a Judge Judy kinda judge, presiding over Housewives disputes to offer a "judgement" -- like on what to do if someone spoiled someone else's party.  Actually, this sounds like it coulda been fun.  Oh well.

That would have been awesome!!!!

• Love 4

My favorite part of the reunion? When Tamra is defending her skepticism of Brooks and says something like, "I am looking out for you, I want what is best for you" and Vicki snarks back, "And I want what's best for Eddie." Dayum, Vicki, that was cold - and I absolutely loved it.

Also, someone help me because I need clarification: Tamra said on the reunion that she thinks Shannon is a sweet, gentle soul who got manipulated by Lizzie's lies. Why, then, did she recently give an interview (I think post-reunion) claiming that Shannon was a calculated, obsessed Housewives superfan who talked about divorce being good for ratings? Which is it, Tamra?

Edited by PhilMarlowe2
  • Love 6

I don't mind Shannon and David wanting to get a hotel room.  Clearly, Shannon and David are used to different accommodations, and they did feel bad about it and tried to come up with a gracious way of telling Vickie so.  Ultimately, I think they decided that they didn't want to have to kick Michael out of his room.

It's fine to want to stay in a hotel, but, as others have said, the time to make that request is before the trip, not once you get there and see your room. That is hugely insulting to your host. Shannon and David strategized how to get out of there, but they erred in saying they felt bad about Michael sleeping on the couch. Of course Vicki was going to dismiss that! So their plan failed. I'm glad they were forced to suck it up. They seemed to have survived.

• Love 2

I love plumerias. I have four different varieties in my yard. As it's basically the only tree I know just looking at it I would also probably identify it by name. I just never call them trees or bushes...they're just plumerias. And they are fabulous and blooming like crazy now here in San Diego.

• Love 5

My favorite part of the reunion? When Tamra is defending her skepticism of Brooks and says something like, "I am looking out for you, I want what is best for you" and Vicki snarks back, "And I want what's best for Eddie." Dayum, Vicki, that was cold - and I absolutely loved it.

Also, someone help me because I need clarification: Tamra said on the reunion that she thinks Shannon is a sweet, gentle soul who got manipulated by Lizzie's lies. Why, then, did she recently give an interview (I think post-reunion) claiming that Shannon was a calculated, obsessed Housewives superfan who talked about divorce being good for ratings? Which is it, Tamra?

How did I miss that awesome smack down?!? I need to turn on closed captioning! That's almost better than the 'gloves are off' move.

Tamra was probably just trying to save face on TV and saw the backlash still happened so why not continue with her 'true' self. Heffa! No sorry that should be....CHUCKY!!!

• Love 4

How did I miss that awesome smack down?!? I need to turn on closed captioning! That's almost better than the 'gloves are off' move.

Tamra was probably just trying to save face on TV and saw the backlash still happened so why not continue with her 'true' self. Heffa! No sorry that should be....CHUCKY!!!

I missed it too. It's still on my DVR I most def have to rewatch it. That is pretty brilliant.
  • Love 3

First look is on at nine tonight.

That was VERY disappointing! I do not have high hopes for this episode. False advertising of a 20 min first look too.

Gloves are off Bravo - I'm not your bitch! Ok maybe just a little. ;)

Edited by Llama
  • Love 2

I went and found it again. It's at the 30 minute mark, very subtle, the camera is on Tamra and Vicki is speaking under her. It actually goes:

Tamra: I wasn't saying Brooks is a nasty person, I was just saying I think there is somebody better.

Vicki: And I think there is somebody better for Eddie, let's put it that way.

Burn.

• Love 17

Except Shannon and David weren't forced to suck it up; Vicki's brother graciously relinquished his larger, nicer room so the Beadors didn't have to suffer the inconveniences of a normal-sized bedroom.

Edited by Raven1707
  • Love 2

I went and found it again. It's at the 30 minute mark, very subtle, the camera is on Tamra and Vicki is speaking under her. It actually goes:

Tamra: I wasn't saying Brooks is a nasty person, I was just saying I think there is somebody better.

Burn.

DAAAAAAAAAYYYYYUUUUMMM!!! THIS!!!

Fist pump to you PhilMarlowe2 for the find!

Edited by Llama
  • Love 5

Except Shannon and David weren't forced to suck it up; Vicki's brother graciously relinquished his larger, nicer room so the Beadors didn't have to suffer the inconveniences of a normal-sized bedroom.

Really? I didn't know that, or I forgot. Man, I hate high maintenance people.

Wow. So much for a nicer Vicki. That is an awful thing to say to a once-good friend you said was like a sister.

I didn't think it was boring. There were some nuggets of gold.

In the First Look Tamra tells her friend that Heather's idea of parenting is writing down the kids schedule and giving it to the nannies. According to Heather and Terry, everything Tamra says is the truth.

I always suspected that Heather had a lot of help and was probably not too involved in the dirty details of child rearing. It's fun to hear her best friend who never lies confirm that. Hahaha.

They should have kept that entire scene in for the regular season. Heather would never lower herself to paint walls.

• Love 11

I didn't think it was boring. There were some nuggets of gold.

In the First Look Tamra tells her friend that Heather's idea of parenting is writing down the kids schedule and giving it to the nannies. According to Heather and Terry, everything Tamra says is the truth.

I always suspected that Heather had a lot of help and was probably not too involved in the dirty details of child rearing. It's fun to hear her best friend who never lies confirm that. Hahaha.

They should have kept that entire scene in for the regular season. Heather would never lower herself to paint walls.

I must really be tuning out. I don't recall any of this! LOL!! Thanks for the recap.

• Love 2

Somehow I missed that part (these women always talk over each other). But that's just awesome, and why I just can't ever quit Vicki.

• Love 5

Let's call it what it is.  David and Shannon were scheduled to go to Mexico to be filmed.  They weren't some sort of bizarre guest hostages stripped of all the rights.  If someone gave you a pair of shoes and they were uncomfortable and you exchanged them for a more comfortable pair are you a snob or any less grateful for the gesture?  Good hosts accommodate their guest, which Vicki did by having her brother change rooms with them.

• Love 5

Let's call it what it is.  David and Shannon were scheduled to go to Mexico to be filmed.  They weren't some sort of bizarre guest hostages stripped of all the rights.  If someone gave you a pair of shoes and they were uncomfortable and you exchanged them for a more comfortable pair are you a snob or any less grateful for the gesture?  Good hosts accommodate their guest, which Vicki did by having her brother change rooms with them.

Absolutely.  I don't consider myself to be a snob but I would have to go to hotel if I were presented with their accomodations. 

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 3

I guess it maybe just me but jeez, these woman can't paint?  They don't know how to make a proper dough for pizza?  And they can't bake a pizza without smoking up the oven?  They really put 'women' to shame.  Sorry but this REALLY annoyed me.

I agree. The whole thing was such an obvious producer set up. The hope for more "drama" with all of them crammed into a condo. There are very few people that I would stay with and it has nothing to do with the room being too small.

• Love 5

I guess it maybe just me but jeez, these woman can't paint?  They don't know how to make a proper dough for pizza?  And they can't bake a pizza without smoking up the oven?  They really put 'women' to shame.  Sorry but this REALLY annoyed me.

I think this is a little desperate in the Tamra storyline department.  On RHOA last year Kenya Moore had both the painting party and the robot baby.  C'mon producers come up with something original.  Sad Tamra can't have original material.

I thought once again -Tamra showing off her fine HW skills with the oven screw up.  I noticed she said she was currently eating at the time.  Maybe the reason Tamra is always so damn angry is she is hungry during filming.

• Love 2

I definitely think that Eddie and Tamra's marriage is on shaky ground - they're newlyweds, but Eddie looks completely checked out.

Well yes, but if you base your third marriage on the promise of exposure from a cheap-ass, tacky reality series based on said nuptials, frankly you shouldn't really expect hearts, roses and doves singing unless they're paid for and supplied by the show's producers.

Show of hands--who's surprised?

• Love 8

I agree. The whole thing was such an obvious producer set up. The hope for more "drama" with all of them crammed into a condo. There are very few people that I would stay with and it has nothing to do with the room being too small.

Probably, but is there some kind of thread or forum I am missing that details what is/is not producer driven fuckery? I just always assume production is stirring the pot with everyone pretty much all the time. Certainly they are editing to tell the story they want. I don't believe for a second that Shannon nags at David to the extent we saw all the time, because if she did they wouldn't be married and he wouldn't proclaim to love her. There is just no way. She is a nag but they showed us nothing but this behavior to tell their story and that is what she was judged about. I assume production is trying to ramp up drama, so I have to overlook that and judge what I see, which is each persons reaction to that drama. I don't give two shits if production told Terry about what David said and conveniently left out what Eddie said. Terry is still an ass for reacting in that manner. I don't care if production did tell Tamra to wait and call Lizzie an hour after she was supposed to arrive. It was still rude, and yes Lizzie's reaction is all on her. I don't care if production tried to set up Shannon and David by apparently expecting them to sleep in squalor which I have learned is just one step up from being told your bed is a hut on the beach and yes, that Outhouse beside it is relatively clean, so good luck. Their reaction to the accommodations their hostess had set up is all on them. As is the fact that while it was not good enough for them, it was fine for the brother of their hostess to use. He is probably just happy to be on vacation and not use to splendor anyway, so who cares if the room is not fit for humans.

I hope that next year these gals take some NY HW style vacations. Send them somewhere with no air conditioning or make them go Glamping in the wildernesses where they have to share a room and maybe a bed. That would be entertaining. A word to Shannon, Vicki tends to wet the bed a little.

• Love 7

I rewatched the reunion #2 again well part of it.

And I just loved Shannon shutting Heather down.

Really Heather? Shannon revealed to much but you can't really remember specifics?

I'm so glad Shannon was quick enough to shoot that down.

I'm not saying Shannon didn't reveal a lot about her marriage, but in that conversation at Tamra's party she didn't say that much.

Shannon said she wished David spent more time with her and they had not vacationed alone in years.

Tamra and Heather were acting like Shannon told them all kinds of details about her fragile marriage. You know just to reinforce the Shannon is cray cray story they where working.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 6