Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E03: 4-5-1

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

13 hours ago, mledawn said:

Colin has made other offhand remarks - he even says “ so I guess I don’t have to sleep with him” (referring to Zara coming to Richmond). I actually thought everyone knew Colin was gay. This is an a odd storyline based on things from previous episodes.

59 minutes ago, MerBearStare said:

That's why his hair is so big. It's full of secrets.

Yeah, all the way back in the third episode of the first season there's a brief moment, when Roy is walking into the club to tell Jaime to quit picking on Nate, where we see Colin flirtatiously hanging on another guy. I also thought he was out and it just wasn't talked about because everyone had already accepted it.

I feel like this is more about hiding in plain sight. Make a joke, everyone laughs, because the idea of someone in the changing room being gay is ridiculous so we joke about it. Homophobia runs deep in football, sadly, and because it does I don't think the idea that one of them is gay would even occur to them. Some people are tactile - Jamie's often draped over someone, too (before he was sulking about Zava, heh). I have no problem with believing they'd just brush that off as Colin being touchy when he's drunk.

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, SnarkShark said:

That was... odd.  Several parts of it.

Yes, I have to agree. 

Im going to be optimistic and hope that there isn't a repeat of the Sam and Rebecca relationship. 

I didn't like Michelle from day 1 and now I dislike her even more. How gross that she is dating their marriage counselor. I'm sure this kind of thing does happen all the time, but still, how unethical and icky. It's got to be bad enough for Ted to know that that this man that was made privy to a lot of very personal information about his marriage is now dating his ex-wife but the jerk is also hanging out with his kid now more often than he can because he is so far away. 

I can't wait to watch Roy train Jaime, I love their dynamic. 

I get the feeling that Shandy is a ticking time bomb.....I think the "hire your best friend advice" that Rebecca gave Keeley is going to end up blowing up some how. 

I'm also not a fan of Sassy.....she's so over the top all the time. She seems like she would be an exhausting person to be around. I also firmly believe that the fact that she and Ted hook up so much squashes any chances of Ted ever having a relationship with Rebecca. I don't ship Ted and Rebecca at all, but I know a lot of people do....I just don't think it will ever happen. 

• Like 7

I think the Zava-ness of it all, actually speaks to Nate's complaint about Ted last season. Ted made Nate feel special, then moved his focus to something else.

I wonder if Jamie will start resenting going from Ted's go-to, to being in Zava's shadow. 

Also, I call BS on Ted referring to Eliza Doolittle as an 'audio-only' performance.

Because we all know Ted would know that Julie as Eliza was the stage version, and that Marni Nixon did Hepburn's vocals in that movie. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
36 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

I think the Zava-ness of it all, actually speaks to Nate's complaint about Ted last season. Ted made Nate feel special, then moved his focus to something else.

I wonder if Jamie will start resenting going from Ted's go-to, to being in Zava's shadow. 

Also, I call BS on Ted referring to Eliza Doolittle as an 'audio-only' performance.

Because we all know Ted would know that Julie as Eliza was the stage version, and that Marni Nixon did Hepburn's vocals in that movie. 

Maybe he meant the OBC album?

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, bosawks said:

There is no way the writers can make me think for one minute that our Trent Crimm would ever, in a million years, ever "out" someone without their consent.

Ever.

I mean he lost his job rather than share Ted's secret... 

• Like 4
38 minutes ago, RockShrimp said:

I mean he lost his job rather than share Ted's secret... 

Well, he did out Ted's secret (panic attacks), but disclosed his source to Ted.  That's what cost him his job.

Edited by MMLEsq
  • Like 7

I'm annoyed that they had Richmond (in orange) playing Man Utd (in red) as there is no way this would happen in real life, Richmond would have had to wear a third coloured strip being the away team. It's the details like this that spoil it sometimes.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
8 hours ago, nomodrama said:

I didn't like Michelle from day 1 and now I dislike her even more. How gross that she is dating their marriage counselor. I'm sure this kind of thing does happen all the time, but still, how unethical and icky. It's got to be bad enough for Ted to know that that this man that was made privy to a lot of very personal information about his marriage is now dating his ex-wife but the jerk is also hanging out with his kid now more often than he can because he is so far away. 

I agree. Have not liked Michelle from the very start; she can disappear from my TV screen and I would be very happy.........take her son with her too. That kid is a horrible actor. Is he related to a show runner or something 'cause I can't see them picking that kid from an audition.

I am wondering if Trent himself is gay and that will play into Colin's coming out storyline.

I don't "ship" Ted with anyone. I see no romantic chemistry or appeal between him and ANY of the female characters; Ted is just not that type of a character for me, it would be cringy to see him swooning over someone.

I have become like Zava with so many "I" statements in this post! Apologies.

Edited by Juneau Gal
  • Like 8
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 3

And excuse you, Colin has been one of the best side characters from the get go. 😜

Really? Look, I've watched every episode, but only once, and I'm really only familiar with four of the players: Jamie, Roy (now a coach, of course), Sam, and Dani Rojas. I know everyone has a name and we've seen other players talk and do stuff, but those are the only four players the show has really done anything substantial with IMO. Anything involving Colin or any other player has been mostly throw-away which is why I don't remember him. Someone mentioned that Nathan gave him a hard time last season but that was about Nathan.

I'm just trying to give the POV of a casual viewer here. The show has not done a lot to flash out the players beyond the four I listed.

• Like 3

It can't last right, AFC Richmond in the top 4, vying for the league title?

The point is that they're all lovable underdogs.

Even if they finish in the top 4, that means a berth in the CL and a huge increase in revenues for the club.  They don't talk much about the club's finances but getting promoted into the EPL is a huge deal to a small club's finances.

Teams which are promoted spend that new money on better players because they want to stay in the PL, not get relegated.

Rebecca isn't poor and all the players have nice homes and cars, though I wonder if they get paid that much before they're promoted to the PL.

Rupert giving Nathan that car in the season premier is just unbelievable, kind of like an indication of how much money there is in big time European football.

In reality, a superstar like Zava would sign with a top club, like he was going to with Chelsea, because they want to play in the CL.  So he wouldn't just go to a bottom of the table club like Richmond which was just promoted.

But makes for a great story.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, nomodrama said:

I'm also not a fan of Sassy.....she's so over the top all the time. She seems like she would be an exhausting person to be around. I also firmly believe that the fact that she and Ted hook up so much squashes any chances of Ted ever having a relationship with Rebecca. I don't ship Ted and Rebecca at all, but I know a lot of people do....I just don't think it will ever happen. 

I so agree, I've not liked Sassy from the jump.  This episode she made a comment that Ted's ex-marriage counselor dating Ted's ex-wife is "unethical"...moments after she said if she couldn't find Ted she was going to climb "Mount Zava", referring to a married Zava.  Yes, Sassy, please regale us with what is and isn't ethical.

Of course, it could also be that I just don't like her...

• Like 5
4 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

But since Julie's Eliza was never filmed, it is, of necessity, an audio-only performance. (And we Julie Andrews fans know that the New York OCR is not the one to have, because the London OCR is in stereo!)

• Like 10
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, aghst said:

The point is that they're all lovable underdogs.

Even if they finish in the top 4, that means a berth in the CL and a huge increase in revenues for the club.  They don't talk much about the club's finances but getting promoted into the EPL is a huge deal to a small club's finances.

Teams which are promoted spend that new money on better players because they want to stay in the PL, not get relegated.

Rebecca isn't poor and all the players have nice homes and cars, though I wonder if they get paid that much before they're promoted to the PL.

Rupert giving Nathan that car in the season premier is just unbelievable, kind of like an indication of how much money there is in big time European football.

In reality, a superstar like Zava would sign with a top club, like he was going to with Chelsea, because they want to play in the CL.  So he wouldn't just go to a bottom of the table club like Richmond which was just promoted.

But makes for a great story.

I’m a dummy, what does CL stand for? I was thinking Championship League, but that can’t be right because that is below the Premiere, which they want to stay in, right? 

UEFA Champions League, the top 4 teams from all the major leagues in Europe play an alternate legate schedule.

It's the most prestigious title and the top players only want to play for clubs which are going to be in the CL or the UCL.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
37 minutes ago, aghst said:

UEFA Champions League, the top 4 teams from all the major leagues in Europe play an alternate legate schedule.

It's the most prestigious title and the top players only want to play for clubs which are going to be in the CL or the UCL.

It used to be called the European Cup before being rebranded & only the winner in each European league played in a straight 2 legs per round knockout competition. There was also the Cup Winners Cup (for domestic cup winners in each country) and the UEFA cup for the runners up and a few places below of each league. Of course it was changed because more games & teams equals more money for the clubs.

2 hours ago, aghst said:

They said the same about Leicester City in 2016 and kept saying it all through the season.

• Like 2

Wait... so is Ted not in Michelle's contact list on her phone as Ted?  Because a ringing phone -- if the person is on the contact list should display that person's name.  Wouldn't new boyfriend have noticed Ted's name when he answered the phone? I mean, who doesn't glance at the display to see who is calling?

I don't find Zava at all interesting.  But... I am cracking up at the comedy they are mining out of everyone's reaction to him.  I loved the scene in Rebecca's office when after he left, Higgins, Ted and Keeley all turned to Rebecca with identical adoring-gobsmacked looks on their faces when he left. 

Also the fact that he got what is essentially the locker room version of a corner office what with having 4 spaces with his name (not his jersey number).  Or how he kept moving in front of Ted and Ted kept sliding out from behind him with a cheesy smile.  And finally after his word salad breathing mumbo jumbo only for Dani to marvel how 'down to earth' he is.  LOL. 

So I think it is nice we get to laugh at the absurdity.  But also get to see that there is also some steak behind all that sizzle.

I figure Zava can't stay with a team for long for probably a number of reasons. For one his sort of mystique is only sustainable from afar.  Once people get to know you, some of that awe begins to rub off.  He strikes me as a character that needs that.  Also while it feels good to win, no matter what it is still a team sport it will begin to wear on players after awhile to have their accomplishments and contributions overlooked in favor of his flashy scores.  Jamie is already there, but I imagine over time it will begin to show up in team morale.  And of course some players may feel the need to elevate their game to match him and if someone else scores or begins to show marked improvement he himself may start to feel he is no longer the sole star.  Or he could just get bored easily.

I can't stand Shandy.  I think Higgins' reaction to learning she was a friend and co-worker of Keeley's was very telling.

I have no idea what to think about Rebecca and the psychic. But I think the green matchbook is a fake out, too.  Also wow, Rebecca has a lot of matchbooks.  I think the most I've ever had was one and it was a sad little thing because it was only for lighting birthday candles.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

Wait... so is Ted not in Michelle's contact list on her phone as Ted?  Because a ringing phone -- if the person is on the contact list should display that person's name.  Wouldn't new boyfriend have noticed Ted's name when he answered the phone? I mean, who doesn't glance at the display to see who is calling?

Ted was calling from his work landline to Michelle’s landline. He didn’t have his phone and he didn’t remember her cellphone number. 

• Like 7
12 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

Transatlantic calls made to landlines are not that sophisticated, not sure why, my info never comes up on my mothers' landline which is why I call at the same day & time every week, it just says unknown caller or no caller ID, the first words out of her mouth if I call on a different day for some reason are " what's wrong? ". Just like Ted I can reel off my mothers 11 digit number with out thinking about it, but ask me what my wife's cell number is & I have no idea.

Edited by Welshman in Ca
  • Like 5
58 minutes ago, Welshman in Ca said:

They said the same about Leicester City in 2016 and kept saying it all through the season.

Sure but that was once in how many years that a side that wasn't a traditional "top club" won it?

That's probably like the time Porto won the UCL in 2004, not likely to happen again.

The transfer fees for just pretty good players, not necessarily great players are just stupefying.  Other day I saw a report that Everton could be in FFP trouble and they're barely above the relegation zone.

Zava seems to be modeled on Zlatan and he likely wouldn't have played for a club which doesn't have a chance to play in the CL.  But the conceit here is that he's going to lift AFC Richmond not only to the top 4 but maybe the title?

Or another comparison might be Ronaldo in his last couple of seasons in the PL.  He wanted to be on a CL side because he's chasing all-time records but he wasn't good enough to lift MU by himself and just went for the money in Saudi Arabia.

I guess if this is really the last season, they could have that fairy-tale story, another LC winning the PL and go out that way.  But so far in this show, the characters have come across as lovable losers, good people, just not great at what they're passionate about.

So for them to be big winners at the end would be off-brand, maybe too Hollywood an ending.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, aghst said:

Zava seems to be modeled on Zlatan and he likely wouldn't have played for a club which doesn't have a chance to play in the CL.  But the conceit here is that he's going to lift AFC Richmond not only to the top 4 but maybe the title?

Or another comparison might be Ronaldo in his last couple of seasons in the PL.  He wanted to be on a CL side because he's chasing all-time records but he wasn't good enough to lift MU by himself and just went for the money in Saudi Arabia.

I was thinking a mixture of the two while I was watching it but the hair had me falling on the Zlatan side.

In the same vein Jamie Tartt is 100% based on Jack Grealish, he even looks a bit like him.

• Like 2
On 3/28/2023 at 11:04 PM, anna0852 said:

Glad that Zava isn’t turning out to be an egotistical prick. Just really weird. Man definitely goes his own way and has the talent to back it up. Clearly a team player.

I agree, but it is worrisome that he's been with 14 teams in the past 15 years (or something like that). There have to be reasons for that...

• Like 1
On 3/29/2023 at 12:59 PM, shapeshifter said:

Rebecca's mom told the psychic about Sam, so the psychic did some sleuthing and found out Sam had ordered uniquely green match books to hand out to the team, including Rebecca.

But didn't the chef order them, and Sam was happily surprised? I can't recall exactly, but that was my take on it. I could be totally wrong about who ordered the matchbook souveniers.

• Like 9

The chef said the matchbooks were a surprise, but I wondered if the surprise was that she ordered them or that they arrived in time.

I’ve watched the episode twice now, and it isn’t clear if the chef is a love interest or relative.  I hope it’s the former, but I think they carefully played it so that she might be family.

• Like 4
4 hours ago, DearEvette said:

I have no idea what to think about Rebecca and the psychic. But I think the green matchbook is a fake out, too.  Also wow, Rebecca has a lot of matchbooks.  I think the most I've ever had was one and it was a sad little thing because it was only for lighting birthday candles.

I'm also hoping the obvious implication of the green matchbook -- that Sam should once again become Rebecca's "wingman" (tm Colin) -- is a fake out.   

Do restaurants in Great Britain still allow smoking?  Because back in the 80s in the US practically every restaurant provided matchbooks with the restaurant log for patrons.  And even though I didn't smoke, I never left a restaurant without a new matchbook.   They were just a fun freebie to pick up and, as Rebecca does, toss in a drawer.  

Re:  Dr. Jake -- I hope the good doctor slipped on that banana peel.  

Edited by Thalia
  • Like 4

Clueless sports ball person here: wouldn't some of zava's moves be illegal because they're dangerous? When he did that scorpion kick and the other upside down back leg flip kick all I could see was him falling and breaking his neck or kicking/injuring other players

26 minutes ago, quirkygal said:

Clueless sports ball person here: wouldn't some of zava's moves be illegal because they're dangerous? When he did that scorpion kick and the other upside down back leg flip kick all I could see was him falling and breaking his neck or kicking/injuring other players

Bicycle kicks, they're common.  When they're near the opponent's goal, they're not trying to hurt anyone, they're trying to make contact with the ball and either kick or head it or in many cases just deflect or redirect it towards the goal.

Haven't seen too many players get injured doing a bicycle kick, either others or themselves.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3

This season is a bit of a step back. Not sure why they wanted to add so many unlikeable characters.

Shandy is just mean and doesn't seem to know how to do her job, and I am not sure why Keeley keeps her considering she is making enemies wherever she goes. Nate is completely unlikeable and mean to everyone and is so bad I fast forward through his scenes. They have added Trent in more scenes, turned Ted's Marriage Counsellor into his exes boyfriend and keep throwing in Rupert.

Not sure why they want us as an audience to constantly be hacking through the jerk parade on the show to get to the decent characters.

Edited by juno
Counsellor not therapist
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
On 3/29/2023 at 12:59 PM, shapeshifter said:

Rebecca's mom told the psychic about Sam, so the psychic did some sleuthing and found out Sam had ordered uniquely green match books to hand out to the team, including Rebecca.

5 hours ago, Biggie B said:

But didn't the chef order them, and Sam was happily surprised? I can't recall exactly, but that was my take on it. I could be totally wrong about who ordered the matchbook souveniers.

Maybe the psychic was more actively involved in providing the "surprise," perhaps paid for by Rebecca's mom?

• Wink 1
7 hours ago, aghst said:

Bicycle kicks, they're common.  When they're near the opponent's goal, they're not trying to hurt anyone, they're trying to make contact with the ball and either kick or head it or in many cases just deflect or redirect it towards the goal.

Haven't seen too many players get injured doing a bicycle kick, either others or themselves.

There was one recently where Southampton's Mara attempted a bicycle kick and managed to kick Chelsea's Azpilicueta in the face: it initially looked pretty nasty (the noise was HORRIBLE) but thankfully he was okay.

But, as you say, incidents like that are pretty rare.

10 hours ago, juno said:

turned Ted's son's therapist into his exes boyfriend

No, Jake is Dr. Jacob, their former marriage therapist. Which is why it’s unethical for him to be dating Ted’s ex-wife.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, Capricasix said:

No, Jake is Dr. Jacob, their former marriage therapist. Which is why it’s unethical for him to be dating Ted’s ex-wife.

If I recall correctly from Season 1, Jake started off as Michelle’s therapist. Then did their marriage counseling. 

So this is a double whammy, license losing mess of ethics violations. Marriage counseling should have taken place with a neutral party and Jake should have never ever gotten involved with his former patient.

• Like 6
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Applause 3
13 hours ago, Thalia said:

Do restaurants in Great Britain still allow smoking?  Because back in the 80s in the US practically every restaurant provided matchbooks with the restaurant log for patrons.  And even though I didn't smoke, I never left a restaurant without a new matchbook.   They were just a fun freebie to pick up and, as Rebecca does, toss in a drawer. 

Great Britain banned indoor smoking about 15 years. Smoking is still more of a thing in Britain than it is in North America. It's getting less popular but it's common to see people smoking outside of pubs and restaurants. It's canon on this show that Keeley is an ex-smoker. I like matchbooks as freebies too because like Rebecca, I use them for candles.

21 hours ago, aghst said:

This show doesn't focus on football club financials which in real life is quite messy in the EPL. Most of the players were signed before they were relegated at the end of S1 and beginning of S2. Relegation is very costly to any club but the EPL does give money to relegated teams in the first year because it's such a hit to their revenue. It's moot now that they are back to the EPL so they have used it on Zava and hopefully other improvements we don't see on the show.

• Like 3

While it isn’t a direct comparison, watching the first few episodes of Welcome to Wrexham (the show about Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenny buying a club in Wales) gives a little overview on how the different tiers work and how the financials are affected. Wrexham is in the bottom tier, but their struggles to be promoted are similar - just on a smaller scale.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, anna0852 said:

If I recall correctly from Season 1, Jake started off as Michelle’s therapist. Then did their marriage counseling. 

So this is a double whammy, license losing mess of ethics violations. Marriage counseling should have taken place with a neutral party and Jake should have never ever gotten involved with his former patient.

I'm not really certain about when Michelle started dating the therapist. Were they dating during S2? Because it's a good thing that Ted's already in therapy, as I doubt he would have ever trusted a therapist if he hadn't been in therapy before learning about their relationship.

I also have to say that the therapist probably had a thing for Michelle from the get go. So, (as I see it) the best case scenario is that he subconsciously sabotaged the marriage. Worst case scenario he did it on purpose then waited a certain amount of time after she was no longer his patient before he ran into her.

Doesn't mean that Ted and Michelle would have stayed together with a better marriage counselor, but he made it impossible.

• Like 5
3 hours ago, mledawn said:

While it isn’t a direct comparison, watching the first few episodes of Welcome to Wrexham (the show about Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenny buying a club in Wales) gives a little overview on how the different tiers work and how the financials are affected. Wrexham is in the bottom tier, but their struggles to be promoted are similar - just on a smaller scale.

The bottom tier of the football league pyramid is division 2 & Wrexham are one step below that in the National league at the moment although they're in a 2 dog fight to return to the football league.

3 hours ago, Captain Carrot said:

I'm not really certain about when Michelle started dating the therapist. Were they dating during S2? Because it's a good thing that Ted's already in therapy, as I doubt he would have ever trusted a therapist if he hadn't been in therapy before learning about their relationship.

I also have to say that the therapist probably had a thing for Michelle from the get go. So, (as I see it) the best case scenario is that he subconsciously sabotaged the marriage. Worst case scenario he did it on purpose then waited a certain amount of time after she was no longer his patient before he ran into her.

Doesn't mean that Ted and Michelle would have stayed together with a better marriage counselor, but he made it impossible.

I do think Ted and Michelle would have ended up divorced regardless of who their marriage counselor was, but an impartial one would have been able to make Ted feel less at fault. He was right, he was kind of gained up on, even if it was unconscious feelings at that time driving that. It will be interesting to see how it unfolds for sure.

I will say one nice thing about Dr Jake, his impression wasn’t that bad.  But I’m guessing he’s never going to blind answer a phone call like that again.

Edited by Trillium
  • Like 10
3 hours ago, bugsmum said:

As Trent Crimm was leaving the restaurant we saw Sam hand him a green matchbook.  Coincidence?  I suspect not.

Yeah I can get behind a Trent and Rebecca pairing. Maybe it was just me but I thought in episode 2 she gave him a bit of a look. I like that far more than Ted or Sam.

• Like 9
  • Applause 3
19 hours ago, Marley said:

Ugh Sam and Rebecca stuff again. That shitty relationship almost made me quit watching the show so no thanks.

Relationships. They don't seem to do them very well on this show. The one relationship that was working they decided to kill (Roy and Keeley).

That seems to be why most of the characters are single without even a significant other.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, juno said:

Relationships. They don't seem to do them very well on this show. The one relationship that was working they decided to kill (Roy and Keeley).

That seems to be why most of the characters are single without even a significant other.

Higgins has the model marriage with the perfect kids. 

• Like 16
On 3/31/2023 at 6:32 PM, bugsmum said:

As Trent Crimm was leaving the restaurant we saw Sam hand him a green matchbook.  Coincidence?  I suspect not.

I noticed it too. I'm not going to be surprised when they hook up or when we learn that Trent has, I dunno, two kids from a previous marriage or is a single dad. There is no way they are doing a 'Rebecca gets pregnant or tries to get pregnant' storyline, which quite frankly would be wrong for where the character stands and the show. I also think the whole Sam and Rebeca thing is over, and the chef is there so Sam can move on - Rebeca clearly has or at least decided to end the romantic relationship.

I don't think Trent is going to out Colin, but I think Colin is going to get outed, hence the 'I'm a strong, capable man' line. He is not being discret parking that Ferrari in front of his boyfriend's (?) house or making out in an alley where anyone could see them. I also think the team will accept him easily. Real life football is extremely homophobic, but a lot in this show is as far from reality as possible, so...

Zava is a manipulative narcisist who, so far, showed some amount of respect for only two people - Rebeca, who didn't cowered for him and scremead to him to get out of her desk, and Roy, because he sure recognized who is the Alpha dog there. Stealing the goal from Jaimie and acting like he did nothing was such a shitty movie.

I don't think there is a problem per se to  plan your game around your best player (s), everybody out there did/does that. But like everybody out there knows, you don't that by just supressing every other striker/forward who can also score. And make no mistake, in real life these would want to score too - why would a striker like Jamie and Dani be content to be sidelined and just pass the ball to Zava when they both make a lot of goals for Richmond? Jan Maas, for example is wingback, it is makes no difference for him if the tem is playing 4-4-3 o 4-3-4m but there is no way at least one third of the team is not not happy with that.

Dani hair was fantastic.

Sandy is going to fuck up soon and I hated how she talked to Roy.

Sassy was joking about Zava and I loved how she immediately called Dr. Jake a fraud lol.

Speaking about the man, you know Dr. Jake was a dick when he wanted to answer the phone to prank the person on the other side.

Ted needs to realize his marrige is over, and would be over no matter whoever was their therapist.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, Raachel2008 said:
On 3/31/2023 at 2:32 PM, bugsmum said:

I noticed it too. I'm not going to be surprised when they hook up or when we learn that Trent has, I dunno, two kids from a previous marriage or is a single dad.

Wasn't there a line about Trent having a daughter? In season 1 maybe, when Higgins comes back after quitting, Ted goes to Rebecca's office to deliver her biscuits and he gives Higgins a box of truffles he made and says that they were for Trent's daughter's birthday. He does say he's kidding but then Higgins opens the box and says that they were definitely for a little girl. That was this show right, or am I remembering that incorrectly.

• Like 7
On 3/29/2023 at 10:14 AM, kwnyc said:

My favorite Julie Andrews character is Victoria Grant/Count Victor Grazinski.

Finally someone said it.

On 3/29/2023 at 12:19 PM, angora said:

ITA. He's not being toxic to the other players, but that's because they're all worshipping him and and letting him do whatever he wants. Playing "Jesus Christ Superstar" over the game montage was great. I laughed at his back tattoo, and I loved the scene where he finally joined the rest of the team for hands-in, but then stood in the middle of the circle so they all put their hands on him.

It extends to the coaches too--maybe Ted is deferring to Roy for strategy/line-up, but we're certainly not seeing Ted take Zava to task for not doing the extra pass. Zava is "just weird and not toxic" when he's lapping up the adoration, but I think all bets will be off once a coach actually tries "molding" him or when the team gets tired of his savior routine.

Yeah. They did a little heel turn with Zava, because the guy in episode two who yelled in Youtube videos and switched teams 14 times was not the meditative Zen-master philosopher who honors the kit man. But Rebecca sold Richmond to Zava as his team to mold, this fit with his enormous ego, and so far, everybody is going along with him. Once anything challenges that or challenges him, Zava will probably turn right back into the prick we first met.

I'm interested in what will happen with Colin, and I'm on the team that hopes Dr. Sharon and Dr. Sassy collectively whoop Dr. Jake's unethical ass.

We did already know that Trent has a daughter from the biscuits Ted gave to Higgins. We don't know that he's a single dad, but if the show wanted him in a relationship with Rebecca, there's nothing to say he isn't. 

• Like 6
4 minutes ago, anna0852 said:

Does anyone know the name of the song playing over the win montage? Not Jesus Christ Superstar, the other one.

"Prisencolinensinainciusol" by Italian singer Adriano Celentano and his wife Claudia Mori (1972). Both the name of the song and its lyrics are gibberish but are intended to sound like English in an American accent.

Great use of the song.

• Like 2