Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E09: Not a Yacht of Fun

• Start Topic

Meredith convinces Jen to include Danna on the girl's trip, but when Angie K. claims the primary bedroom, she becomes a target; Heather, Lisa and Whitney take sides, but when Angie K. retaliates with an accusation against Jen, it becomes a war.

Airdate: 11.30.2022

Once again, MORE salty things have happened in the offseason.  Until they are mentioned in an episode, do not discuss them in the episode threads.  Spoilery conversations about particular housewives should happen in their individual threads or the media thread.

• Love 1

I am an elderly woman. Regularly I receive what I would consider sketchy phone calls. Some of these ate obviously fraudulent as they purport to be from the IRS claiming I will be in jail etc. As I understand it, Jen provided the contact info that led to fraudulent calls. Is she really the face of this of is she being made an example since she is on TV. 

I want to make it clear that I am not a fan of hers. It is just that having been the object of so many of these horrible deceitful calls, I am wondering why this is the case that the government finally decides to pursue.

Every day my email is full of fraud. Where are the government watch dogs now?

What did she actually do that is so much worse than trying to extract personal info such as SSNs or passwords for bAnk accounts from old people?  Of is this what she did? I don’t know.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

First, Jen is complaining and crying about $200,000 for her lawyers.

the next, she is screaming about putting together a girls’ trip.

and then she is rude, or will be, to just about everyone on the trip.

Somehow, this is supposed to be entertaining.  Seems to me to be more exhausting.

• Like 3
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, njbchlover said:

I think someone should have fired Meredith from her position as CEO of Fun.  She's not very good at it!  

In her defense. Being in charge of fun when Jen Shah is there is an almost impossible task.

• Like 2
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

Who are all these random women that Heather is hanging out with.  Are the producers trying to bring in new blood?  The last few episodes have been several women who I have never seen before, acting like they are part of the circle. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3

I actually don’t mind a little new blood as so much of the rest is so repetitive. Though they only lost Mary, so down one person, the original group has become so boring. Not a one of them has anything interesting going on.

And if I have to hear Jen use her ‘woe is me’ excuse about how she’s going through such a hard time right now and thus no one should hold her accountable for anything? Boom. My head exploding. Do I think the friend (truly no clue as to her name) was acting up for camera time about the champagne being dumped on her? Sure. But Jen getting teary and somehow making herself the victim in that interaction because of the tough times she’s going through? That’s some crazy mental gymnastics there.

I did actually love the friend burning her on not paying for Sharif’s party. When Jen said she paid for some of the stuff and the friend asked what? Jen just froze. That made me laugh.

• Applause 1
  • Love 17

Out of all the mess that occurred in this episode, (I’ll be getting back to that when it’s not midnight and I have to be up in a few hours) what absolutely floored me was that at the end of the episode, Meredith put the bulk of the blame for Jen’s meltdown on having friends who aren’t supportive - even after she’s poured a drink on one’s head.   

What in the fuck is wrong with these broads?  Danna’s comments at least showed that there is a little bit of sanity in the room, but she’s not feeling like she’ll make much of an impact in her current position.   I would have said to hell with that and made a MAJOR stink of it.  If Jen would have poured that drink on my head, I would not have been able to restrain myself and she would have been on the floor.  I’m not about violence, but everyone has a limit and in my humanness, that would have taken me across the line - I’m not even sure I wouldn’t have done the same just having witnessed her do it to someone else in my presence.  That is so degrading.  She is a miserably hateful creature.  

I do not understand why they are so afraid of that narcissistic asshole - is it because she’s loud?  Does she have mob ties?  Are they worried she’s going to defraud their own grandparents?  I don’t get it.   That shit wouldn’t fly if I or anyone I know were around for it - TV show or not.   Grow a MFing spine!

Heather sure outed herself as a piece of shit on this one, if any questions remained  on THAT subject.  Meredith is a complete imbecile, I now know.  

I really thought this episode had potential and Jen would finally be put in her place, but I guess Bravo is pretending that is still to come.  Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice - time to remove another show from the “record” list.  Bravo has an affinity for criminals, at this point - and they think it makes for good TV.   I beg to differ.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 10

Jens fighting for life but can still host a girls trip where she behaves like an asshole.  Angie K is trying to get an in to the group and seems to think turning on Jen will do that. 
The backdrop of SLC is so pretty. It’s a shame there is nothing else left to enjoy on the show.

• Like 1
  • Love 9

Oh Jen... Saying bitch with your "titties out" will go over great in prison.  

I'm floored that people think it's ok to just pour a drink on someone.  That was humiliating and Jen had no intention of joking around.  No one said anything, which is beyond sad.  They are all terrified of her, which is even more sad.  

Danna was right when she was talking to Heather, but Heather didn't want to hear it, and kept making excuses.  That's sad.

Overall, the episode just made me... SAD.  Grown women that think they have to play everything up for a spot on a stupid TV show.  Last night wasn't entertaining.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 13

Heather is such a shit person .. since you are the guest of a guest and NONE of us spoke out and said what a shitty thing it was to pour water on someone YOU should just keep your mouth shut... GIRL ... What THE Actual Fuck? it was wrong point blank period and keeping your mouth shut just tells her oh we cosign that .. what a shit shit person you are 

• Fire 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 9
10 hours ago, Pop Tart said:

I did actually love the friend burning her on not paying for Sharif’s party. When Jen said she paid for some of the stuff and the friend asked what? Jen just froze. That made me laugh.

Yeah, so Jen is that friend. The one that wants to be the one that comes up with the idea for "fun" then she steps aside and wants everybody else to actually do the work. She is the head honcho of the San Diego trip then tells Meredith to handle it. She wants a big birthday party for Sharif but lets Angie arrange and pay for everything so all Jen has to do is show up and take credit. 

She's a lazy, greedy, unhinged bitch. Shame on all of them for supporting this ruthless thief and just standing there with their mouths shut when Jen poured that drink on her friend "of 20 years". They are scared to death of her!

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 17

Jen was angry that her supposed friend of 20 years was promoted by Bravo (I don't think anybody knew during filming if any of the three "friends" would become HWs, or not), and was in attack mode. That's the reason she was furious at the other two, as well (Angie H. and Danna). She saw them as competition for her position. What she did was not a joke, it was intentional, and insulting, especially to a long term friend. She is a supreme narcissist, and she thought not getting the best room was a major dig. Angie K. is as thirsty as the other two friends, but she didn't deserve this, or some of the women not supporting her.

Jen will attack more women per the previews. She had no excuse because she would face a trial in three months like she claimed, but a couple of the women still supported her...

I think the women are afraid of Jen because she sent threatening messages from a burner phone before, and she is unhinged. 

All of the three "friends" have talking heads now. 

No Meredith, you didn't "invite" Danna (in spite of Jen not wanting to invite her), Bravo did.

I'm another one who mainly watches for the exterior Utah shots....

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 8
19 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

These are the thirstiest HW friends 

They are extremely thirsty.  I wonder if production told each one of them that they needed to "bring" it in order to get that coveted spot that is open since Mary is gone, so all three are vying for the same position.  It seems like a Housewives competition show!!  

Although, I would still have to say that the thirstiest ever was probably Marlo from RHOA.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I find every single househo in this franchise unlikeable. At this point I’m liking the ‘friends of’ better. Especially Angie K for having the guts to confront Jenn for being a shady bitch and bad friend. 
I don’t know why everyone else kisses Jenn’s ass and is afraid of her. At least Whitney said something about Jenn going to a jail cell. I cheered at that remark. 
And are we suppose to feel sorry for her taking meds and her being zen with her religion? And then she dumps a drink on her best friends head and screams at everyone. 

Edited by Straycat80
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 12
19 hours ago, Pop Tart said:

And if I have to hear Jen use her ‘woe is me’ excuse about how she’s going through such a hard time right now and thus no one should hold her accountable for anything? Boom. My head exploding. Do I think the friend (truly no clue as to her name) was acting up for camera time about the champagne being dumped on her? Sure. But Jen getting teary and somehow making herself the victim in that interaction because of the tough times she’s going through? That’s some crazy mental gymnastics there.

Right!  Let's not forget that she was an asshole to everyone BEFORE she had to go through the stress of being a felon!

27 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

And are we suppose to feel sorry for her taking meds and her being zen with her religion? 

Haha I think we're suppose to feel sorry that she no longer has a servant to bring her her morning meds like she did in season 1 😄

And if Angie got the house, and everyone knew it, then how is it confusing that she showed them around?

One thing I could have told everyone before this trip - if it's planned by Jen and Meredith is the CEO of fun, it's totally going to suck!!!

Edited by princelina
  • Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3

I cannot wait for Jen Shah to be off of my tv and atoning for her crimes in prison.  She is a horrible person, turning on a friend of 20 years because she didn't get the biggest room for once.  Dumping a drink on her head is exactly what Angie said- embarrassing for Jen and humiliating for Angie.  The "friend" group needs to speak up against this type of behavior.  Danna called it when she said Jen was being a bully.  It is good to get to see some of these "friends of" in action, so the producers can pick one or two to fill the vacancies in the future.  Mary and Jennie left and hopefully soon we will see the backside of Jen Shah for good.

Oh, and I loved it when Angie spilled the beans about Coach Shah's party.  It didn't surprise me in the least that Jen left her with planning, cleaning and bills.  

• Applause 7
  • Love 6

I'm agreeing with everyone on Jenn's horribleness. It's truly baffling that Meredith and Heather continue to make excuses for her behavior and nobody calls her out. The Angies and Danna may be thirsty but so far, they are at least holding her accountable. 

These lines made me chuckle, Angie K: "The last thing I want is to have the Southern District of NY come and take that necklace off my neck."

Whitney: "Yay, another domestic trip because of someone's court-ordered travel restrictions."

• Like 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 8

Can someone please explain the reason people seem to like Jen Shah? She continues to be a brat, she clearly ripped off elderly people through her scam company, and she's a complete and utter a-hole. Yet her friends keep coming to her side and she has a sweet and supportive husband. There is nothing endearing about this woman. 

• Applause 5
  • Love 7

I completely agreed with Whitney regarding the champagne. Jen wasn't trying to lighten the mood, she was pissed about the rooms. It was wrong for all the reasons mentioned above. Also, Jen told Angie she could just redo her hair. It's not just a matter of taking time out again to wash and style, but blow drying, straightening, it is all damaging too. I'd be hurt and pissed if a "friend" pulled that crap on me. 

• Love 10

I think what we were seeing was Jen mentally breaking down. At this point she was getting ready to go to trial. She knew she was guilty and jail was looming. Her lawyers were probably telling her that there was no way she would win and it would be better to plead guilty and ask for lenience.

Jen was probably just realizing that she was about to lose everything and her greediness was going to send her away for a long time. So she is lashing out in anger. 

Bravo played this entirely wrong. They thought we would enjoy watching the build up to the case. They just didn't realize how unhinged Jen would be, making the show close to unwatchable.

• Like 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Ms.Lulu said:

Jen was probably just realizing that she was about to lose everything and her greediness was going to send her away for a long time. So she is lashing out in anger. 

She’s been lashing out in anger since Season 1, is worse now.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 8

Why would anyone appoint Meredith as CEO of fun. She’s probably the least fun Housewife I can think of from any franchise. This woman is entirely humorless.

”Cheers to calling the cops!” while in a black sprinter van on the way to a girl’s trip! Oof! I felt that down to my core. Too soon! Too soon!

Now I need to try to remember which of these brunettes is Dana and which is…what I can only assume is an Angie? This is also sending me back to when it took until season 2 for me to tell Meredith and Lisa apart. Ooh. Once I figure out which one of these bitches is taking the master as a “friend of”…tsk. Tsk. Okay, now this is Angie, who was Jen’s friend, but now I guess she’s mad at them both, so I can go back to forgetting who’s who. The champagne pour from every angle—in color and B&W! And Jen recovers by taking Angie’s drink and pouring it on her own head!! This is exactly what I needed to now cement Angie’s face in my mind—got it.

$15,000 on Coach’s party. Well, damn! That’s on you for planning such an elaborate shindig when you know this family is facing fraud+ charges. They don’t have $3000 to blow on flowers! That’s crazy! “I could have bought my daughter a horse with that money, and I did do that.” {photographic evidence} This woman is bougie and messy! Give her a snowflake! Dana, girl, what are you going to bring? So far, you’re way in last place for a promotion. But we still have half the show to go.

Jen says she’s a respected woman and Angie retorts then why can’t you keep friends? Negative 15 points! You could have gone for the jugular about facing prosecution for her crimes! That ugly-ass necklace was $5000?! You got ripped off. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Why would anyone appoint Meredith as CEO of fun. She’s probably the least fun Housewife I can think of from any franchise. This woman is entirely humorless.

”Cheers to calling the cops!” while in a black sprinter van on the way to a girl’s trip! Oof! I felt that down to my core. Too soon! Too soon!

Now I need to try to remember which of these brunettes is Dana and which is…what I can only assume is an Angie? This is also sending me back to when it took until season 2 for me to tell Meredith and Lisa apart. Ooh. Once I figure out which one of these bitches is taking the master as a “friend of”…tsk. Tsk. Okay, now this is Angie, who was Jen’s friend, but now I guess she’s mad at them both, so I can go back to forgetting who’s who. The champagne pour from every angle—in color and B&W! And Jen recovers by taking Angie’s drink and pouring it on her own head!! This is exactly what I needed to now cement Angie’s face in my mind—got it.

$15,000 on Coach’s party. Well, damn! That’s on you for planning such an elaborate shindig when you know this family is facing fraud+ charges. They don’t have $3000 to blow on flowers! That’s crazy! “I could have bought my daughter a horse with that money, and I did do that.” {photographic evidence} This woman is bougie and messy! Give her a snowflake! Dana, girl, what are you going to bring? So far, you’re way in last place for a promotion. But we still have half the show to go.

Jen says she’s a respected woman and Angie retorts then why can’t you keep friends? Negative 15 points! You could have gone for the jugular about facing prosecution for her crimes! That ugly-ass necklace was $5000?! You got ripped off. 

💯👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

Now I need to try to remember which of these brunettes is Dana and which is…what I can only assume is an Angie?

Danna is the one with the really fat legs she was proud to display in her black skirt with the slit up the side.

I swear, these housewives are the ugliest on both the inside and outside in the Bravoverse.  I'm sort of hate watching at this point.  There has to be more interesting people in Salt Lake City; why not start showing them?!?

• LOL 1
On 12/2/2022 at 7:03 AM, MaggieG said:

I'm agreeing with everyone on Jenn's horribleness. It's truly baffling that Meredith and Heather continue to make excuses for her behavior and nobody calls her out. The Angies and Danna may be thirsty but so far, they are at least holding her accountable. 

These lines made me chuckle, Angie K: "The last thing I want is to have the Southern District of NY come and take that necklace off my neck."

Whitney: "Yay, another domestic trip because of someone's court-ordered travel restrictions."

That made me laugh as well!  Speaking of Angie K in a very superficial way, whoever did her nose took WAY too much off.  Her makeup is also too dark.  I would like to see what she really looks like.  

Jen really is a horrible person.  For everyone to kowtow to her they all must really think she will go full Glenn Close on their dumbasses.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

This is my unpopular opinion:

I like the parading of the friends for their "auditions" for this franchise, though remembering names is a problem, especially with 2 Angies.  Too often, a new Housewife is introduced to us out of the blue and lately they have been some bad fits (Diana, being the latest).  This way, the producers and viewers can see what these ladies bring to the show.  Thirst?  Desperation?  Luxury?  Pot stirring?  Authenticity (ok, now I'm going too far!)

Also, these "friends" are bringing it this season.  Danna actually spoke up against Jen Shah- something no one except Meredith has done, even in light of the fraud and scamming charges.  (And now Meredith is supporting Jen, so ???). Angie H. has spread some crazy rumors about Lisa and then denied it, while her husband is trolling Instagram with a fake identity.  Angie K spilled the tea about what a sham her lifelong friend Jen is, turning her back on her on their very first Housewives trip.  They are keeping things interesting.

• Love 9

I liked Heather so much better when she was the underdog. She was the everywoman, going up against mean girl duo of Meredith and Lisa. She'd get her digs in, eye roll a little, heavy sigh.  But we never believed she was really hurt, somehow, in her underdog way, she was above it.

Now she's kind of the big shot, shunning her old friends for the shiny new ones, and it's not the right role for her. She comes off as a bully now.

And that we are deprived of Meredith and Lisa as the two old men on the balcony from the Muppets is something I really can't get past.  

Of the two Angies, I vote for the least thirsty one, who, ironically, was the one who got a drink poured on her.  And speaking of that: Jen Shah sucks.

• Like 1
  • Love 12
15 hours ago, Jel said:

I liked Heather so much better when she was the underdog. She was the everywoman, going up against mean girl duo of Meredith and Lisa. She'd get her digs in, eye roll a little, heavy sigh.  But we never believed she was really hurt, somehow, in her underdog way, she was above it.

Now she's kind of the big shot, shunning her old friends for the shiny new ones, and it's not the right role for her. She comes off as a bully now.

And that we are deprived of Meredith and Lisa as the two old men on the balcony from the Muppets is something I really can't get past.  

Of the two Angies, I vote for the least thirsty one, who, ironically, was the one who got a drink poured on her.  And speaking of that: Jen Shah sucks.

It's not unusual regarding fan favorites like Heather. They become arrogant, and act accordingly. She even pushed Whitney, her cousin and friend out of her house, and pushed her to a wall in Arizona....Somebody mentioned that she was horrible on yesterday's Below Deck Adventure (or whatever the name is) episode.  

Edited by ZettaK
  • Love 4