Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E08: Hang on with Me

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

8 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

That was really sad, however Kody and Christine seem better about it than Meri and Robyn.  Maybe, they are grieving the loss of what they imagined and not what really existed.  

Grieving the power trips they had over her. Meri only through Robyn though.  Who are they going to talk shit about now? Janelle probably, except Janelle isn't sensitive and none of them, even Kody, has any kind of emotional hold on her. 

• Like 2
  • Love 16

Kody thinks he would be buddy buddy with a brother husband??? Ahahaha. He'd be so insanely jealous! Plus, if roles were reversed, he'd be raising a bushel of kids and running a household. Alone. 

• Applause 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9

One reason I take issue with parents who have so many children is that there is limited time and that restricts the time you have available for each child.  They normally say they make it work, but it’s just not true.  

The scenes where Christine was talking about getting rid of her bed reminded me SOOO much of this song!  Omg!  Took me back…….Could see Kody singing it. 

• Like 2
  • Love 7

That was really sad, however Kody and Christine seem better about it than Meri and Robyn.  Maybe, they are grieving the loss of what they imagined and not what really existed.  

They made no sense to me whatsoever. They are still living plural marriage. There are still three sister wives married to Kody. There is no reason that the relationships that Meri and Robyn have with any of the adult children, including Christine's have to change (though I don't know that there is much to most of those relationships to start with). I can't believe that either of them thinks that Christine should live a miserable life in service to the philosophy of plural marriage. Christine herself doesn't seem to blame plural marriage for her unhappiness; she justifiably blame Kody for being a crap husband. Granted, Meri chooses to stay with a husband who has said repeatedly that he doesn't care if she stays or goes; she didn't really explain why she does it but only said that she ends up at peace with her decision to stay. Why should Christine do the same? 

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • Love 12

Meri isn't angry about losing romance with Kody. That ship sailed a long time ago.

I think that she is still angry about that. In the RV episode, she was still making comments about offering Kody a dedicated room at the Inn permanently in exchange for "services" that he probably didn't want to provide. I think that she is actually still both in love with and attracted to him and I think she is still hurt and angry that he is so indifferent to her.

• Like 9
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, Elizzikra said:

I think that she is still angry about that. In the RV episode, she was still making comments about offering Kody a dedicated room at the Inn permanently in exchange for "services" that he probably didn't want to provide. I think that she is actually still both in love with and attracted to him and I think she is still hurt and angry that he is so indifferent to her.

my comment was referring to the emotions she was talking about in this episode. That was anger at the failure of the family. The failure of the mission. Anger at Kody for failing to stick to his end of the deal. The jealousy over Christine being equipped to leave and still have a family at the end of the day.

Sure Meri is still hurt because of Kody and that specific relationship but she's not stupid. She knows she will never be with him again romantically. She's known that for a long time regardless of what she says "for tv" moments.

• Like 3
  • Love 6
23 minutes ago, Art Of Noiz said:

Kody claiming he was so busy " I have 18 kids to take care of".

No you sorry sack of sh*t, you have 3 minor children, one of which is leaving in a few weeks. 

Hey Kodwad, stop spewing old lines from the script of your life. If they were taken care of, 13 of them? They mommas did it 

He has 4 minor children at the time of this taping. 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 3
58 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

That Kody is just now realizing that he has an emotional connection to Christine is really sad; considering she gave birth to six of his children.  And he wonders why she left. 

It wouldn’t surprise me if Kody tells Janelle that because Christine kept the money from the sale of her home, she won’t be able to build on Coyote Pass. 

Meri is such a hypocrite.  I can’t believe she had the nerves to say that Christine betrayed her.  I will never forget her speech in the restaurant about them possibly waking up one morning and finding her gone.  Someone should post the pictures and release the voice messages that she sent to Sam.  If he were real, she would have been long gone. 

This. ALL OF THIS. 

I have posted those voicemails previously,  but the “notbatmanyet” page seems to be gone. Looks like Jackie may have actually been taken down. I was looking for them again and cannot find the voicemails. I listened to all of them months ago and she use the words “babe”, “love you” (LOTS) and called him a lot. There were hundreds of voicemails. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 9

Did I miss a segment? Last week Christine was going to rent the house so the daughter that was staying in Flagstaff would have a place to live along with some roommates.

While selling the house is the best idea, I do not remember the spot where Christine changed her about renting to selling. I must not have been paying close attention last week. Also where is the daughter staying in Flagstaff living? 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
8 hours ago, Sedona said:

He has 4 minor children at the time of this taping. 

I get what you're saying.  But, in his mind, he really only has 2.  The only two he seems to care about.

Edited by Kid
  • Like 2
  • Sad 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6

Kody said that he and Robyn gave Christine money for the down payment on the house so that means that the equity in the house should go to pay off the loans on Coyote Pass. I don't think so and Christine didn't fall for that line either. And then Janelle explains that this money that Kody and Robyn gave Christine was actually family money that they all contributed to and presumably all own an equal share. Kody is susch a liar. 

I read a great explanation on you tube about the how the lots on Coyote Pass are titled. It seems that Robyn and Kody's names are on the majority of the lots and have the largest slice of the pie so to speak. It's a mystery to me how this came about.  But it would not surprise me in the least that the reason Kody wants Christine's money is to pay off the loans on the lots. Then he  announces that he and Robyn have decided to sell their lots. They keep saying that the property cannot be divided until the liens are paid off.  So this would allow them to do just that and he and Robyn  would come into a windfall of cash that all of a sudden becomes theirs and not family money.  Kody and Robyn's anger over Christine leaving and selling her house is that she didn't allow herself to be tricked into their little scheme. 

13 minutes ago, js9548 said:

Did I miss a segment? Last week Christine was going to rent the house so the daughter that was staying in Flagstaff would have a place to live along with some roommates.

While selling the house is the best idea, I do not remember the spot where Christine changed her about renting to selling. I must not have been paying close attention last week. Also where is the daughter staying in Flagstaff living? 

She probably just told him that to keep him off her back and out of her business about selling the house. She played it cool by not giving him a heads up about what she was really going to do.  For once Christine stood up for herself. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 3
  • Love 9

And once again Kody shows the viewers how delusional he is.
When Christine said she was leaving I think he thought he could manipulate and guilt her into leaving with nothing and is both shocked and pissed off that she is taking her share. I laughed at his little whine fest that Christine wants his crap out and doesn’t care where it goes. Her delight at selling their marital bed also bugged him.
He is such an asshole and has no tools to deal with her quiet determination to change her life.

• Like 6
  • Love 15

So much to hate in an hour time slot. Meri hates Christine because she has the guts to leave her non-husband. Robyn hates Christine because she's rocking the plyg boat and Robyn will have to put up with Kody full time (like she already doesn't). Kody sucks because he has no idea who his children are- dude if you are pulled too thin to have relationships with all of your kids, you should have had less. I really despise that asshat. Christine- you basically got what you signed up for, I am happy you are leaving but the red flags should have been seen sooner. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, Chicklet said:

Christine- you basically got what you signed up for, I am happy you are leaving but the red flags should have been seen sooner. 

Oh, I think she saw the red flags but the idea of actually leaving wasn't something that she could consider at first because she was raised in polygamy. Everything changed when Robyn came into the picture and then the mad dash escape to Las Vegas in the middle of the night for no particular reason. Once they were no longer living together, and as the kids got older, each wife had more time to think about her individual relationship to Kody and to the others.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 14
9 minutes ago, altopower said:

Oh, I think she saw the red flags but the idea of actually leaving wasn't something that she could consider at first because she was raised in polygamy. Everything changed when Robyn came into the picture and then the mad dash escape to Las Vegas in the middle of the night for no particular reason. Once they were no longer living together, and as the kids got older, each wife had more time to think about her individual relationship to Kody and to the others.

Agree Altopower. To me,  Christine was the most faithful follower of polygamy of all the women. Partly because she was born into it, partly because she was the main nurturer of the original Brown kids in Lehi. Of course she should have left earlier, that's what we see from the outside, and yes, she made mistakes. Still,  she did what she needed and I wish for her only happiness.

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Shelbie said:

And once again Kody shows the viewers how delusional he is.
When Christine said she was leaving I think he thought he could manipulate and guilt her into leaving with nothing and is both shocked and pissed off that she is taking her share. I laughed at his little whine fest that Christine wants his crap out and doesn’t care where it goes. Her delight at selling their marital bed also bugged him.
He is such an asshole and has no tools to deal with her quiet determination to change her life.

He’s lucky she didn’t just throw it out on the lawn !   And getting rid of the bed was one of the healthiest things she could do for herself 

• Like 6
  • Love 16
9 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Meri is such a hypocrite.  I can’t believe she had the nerves to say that Christine betrayed her.  I will never forget her speech in the restaurant about them possibly waking up one morning and finding her gone.  Someone should post the pictures and release the voice messages that she sent to Sam.  If he were real, she would have been long gone. 

I've been harping on this for weeks. Mary tried to ride off on her magic piece of produce, but was too dumb to find a real person. She doesn't get to take the moral high road now about how she would "never leave the family." No, you tried, you failed. 

15 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Don't get me wrong, I get attached to things too, but if my husband ever put his attachment to me in the same sentence as his golf clubs, he would not be a happy man.

I would end up wearing one of my golf clubs if I tried that with my wife. I won't how I would be riding it, but I think I'd look somewhat similar to Meri. 

9 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

One reason I take issue with parents who have so many children is that there is limited time and that restricts the time you have available for each child.  They normally say they make it work, but it’s just not true.  

The scenes where Christine was talking about getting rid of her bed reminded me SOOO much of this song!  Omg!  Took me back…….Could see Kody singing it. 

If Kodouche ever tries to sing a King George song, I'm going to AZ to take care of things myself, consequences be damned.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 4

So... "truth be told Meri, she was talking about leaving Kody before Flagstaff"...

So earlier when Kody said that the reason he wasn't being intimate with Christine was that she betrayed him and had been telling other wives he was leaving her long ago, it was ROBYN who told him that.  

Both Robyn and Kody really want to make it clear (or sell) the idea that the move to Flagstaff had nothing to do and/or added to their problems. 

• Like 3
  • Love 9
13 minutes ago, Onecattoo said:

Robyn…. Christine and Janelles kids aren’t hearing one side of the story…Kodys side has been filmed and displayed for years, and he’s reaping the result of his own actions and words.  The reason the kids are okay with Christine leaving is they are the players who truly do grasp the big picture. 

I agree with this so much. Children aren't stupid, they are just young! Children often have a better idea of what's going on in the home than an outside adult would, because 1. they LIVE there, and they see day after day after day, 2. Adults often take their mask down around kids, assuming they dont understand. Children tend to see their parents in a more "authentic light" (again because it's hard to keep a mask up all the time). 

I dont think the kids expect much from Kody, and they support Christine doing whatever she wants to do. Even in situations where both parents were active loving parents, many kids pull the "I am not in it" regarding divorce and separations, because they love their parents, and they (once they are adults) are mature enough to know what someone needs as an adult in a relationship is not what someone needs from a a parent-child relationship. Kody made his own bed with ALL of his kids.

• Like 4
  • Love 9

Kody keeps saying that ‘people were telling me Christine wanted to leave years ago’, yet he was completely blindsided when she boxed his stuff up?  

Normal people would have a conversation with  their spouse almost immediately  after someone told them ‘ he/she wants to leave you’.   

• Like 6
  • Applause 10
  • Love 8

So what is it exactly that Kody does with his time? He’s too busy to have decent relationships with his kids (except Robyn’s). He’s too busy to move his stuff out of Christine’s house. He’s seemingly quite put out by having to go to Coyote Pass for Janelle. I don’t really ever see him doing much of anything except complaining about what he’s supposed to be doing. Except when he found the time to spend 4 days away for his friend’s wedding (after shredding every other family member who ever traveled during Covid), where he proceeded to complain to the groom about marriage. Nice.

Has there ever been a man on TV who was more selfish??? He’d have to at least be in the top 5. He truly does not care about anyone else but himself. Correction: he cares about himself and Christine’s furniture. What an ass.

• Like 11
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
28 minutes ago, Castina said:

So... "truth be told Meri, she was talking about leaving Kody before Flagstaff"...

So earlier when Kody said that the reason he wasn't being intimate with Christine was that she betrayed him and had been telling other wives he was leaving her long ago, it was ROBYN who told him that.  

Both Robyn and Kody really want to make it clear (or sell) the idea that the move to Flagstaff had nothing to do and/or added to their problems. 

I thought they said it was Christine who was talking about leaving Kody before Flagstaff move, not Meri.  

• Useful 1

Robyn may be conniving and selfish, but it’s really still on Kody to be the proper father, fair husband and trusted confidant in the family.  To me, it’s not that some magical woman put him under her spell.  He is the primary responsible party.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 2
  • Applause 6
  • Love 14
6 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Robyn may be conniving and selfish, but it’s really still on Kody to be the proper father, fair husband and trusted confidant in the family.  To me, it’s not that some magical woman put him under her spell.  He is the primary responsible party.  

I think Kody is selfish and lazy, I think he has always been this way, and now 1. he is older so he has less energy than he had 20yrs ago, 2. his fantasizes of being a polygamous patriarch have not panned out for him- but he's still on the hook for the responsibilities, which I think really irks him. None of that is Robyn's fault.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4

I wonder how much of the end with Christine came when she put her foot down on the big house.  Kody really seemed to want that and once it was squashed, he seemed to never recover.  Not that it’s an excuse, but that’s when the dream seemed to die.  

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I wonder how much of the end with Christine came when she put her foot down on the big house.  Kody really seemed to want that and once it was squashed, he seemed to never recover.  Not that it’s an excuse, but that’s when the dream seemed to die.  

taking my reply to the Kody thread.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Sure Meri is still hurt because of Kody and that specific relationship but she's not stupid. She knows she will never be with him again romantically. She's known that for a long time regardless of what she says "for tv" moments.

I don't know.  I think she may be hoping that by sticking with "the family" she may earn her way back into his good graces.  

I am furious that Kody shuns whichever wife has failed in his expectations instead of trying to understand and work together.  Lots of people in monogamous relationships hit roadblocks.  It can be dealt with if both parties are in.  

9 hours ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

So Robyn who’s whining about wanting polygamy and a big family for her children couldn’t bother to bring the kids over to say goodbye to Ysabel as she packed up and left? 

I don't see how they are going to rebuild.  The only rebuild I can see is if Kody brought on a new womb and had more children.  

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Love 4

So, since the show is so integral to their lives, I wonder what the clincher will be to keep the show going.  It’s true that they are still a polygamist family, but with the current setup, I’d say they are stretching it.  I guess it depends on whether Janelle hangs in there or not. Would TLC keep a show going about a polygamist husband arguing with his ex wives?  Lol. Nothing surprises me about TLC.   I don’t think Kody has the energy or desire to take a new wife, but that might be the only thing to add interest to new seasons.  I can’t imagine they will move forward with building on CP. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, MamaGee said:

What does Robyn mean when she says they must "rebuild?" Does that mean she thinks they need a new wife? Does she not realize that a new wife would threaten her position? 

Yeah, that’s included in my question above about  moving forward, except that Kody doesn’t seem focused enough to entertain the prospect of another wife.  I think Robyn might welcome the idea to get Kody out of her hair a few days a week.  Kody might be interested in a wealthy lady who could contribute to the family.  Lol. I’ve long commented that I suspect Kody has one or more wealthy benefactors, who keep him living comfortably.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

his fantasizes of being a polygamous patriarch have not panned out for him-

I think this is a great point. Kodouche wanted the same fear and respect his father got from his wives and children. But Kodouche didn't want to be the d-bag, dictator his dad was which was noble. But the dictator gets the blind loyalty that Kodouche really wants. So, while he didn't want to be like his father,  he couldn't be unlike his father and get the same result. This might make sense in only my mind....

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, MamaGee said:

I think this is a great point. Kodouche wanted the same fear and respect his father got from his wives and children. But Kodouche didn't want to be the d-bag, dictator his dad was which was noble. But the dictator gets the blind loyalty that Kodouche really wants. So, while he didn't want to be like his father,  he couldn't be unlike his father and get the same result. This might make sense in only my mind....

No no I get what youre saying. An "ideal polygamous patriarch" isn't a dictator or a tyrant- he is a leader, a loving but firm authority figure. The wives and children respect his authority, he is an excellent provider finically and keeps order in the home. His sons want to be like him, and his daughters want to marry a man like him.

Kody aint that guy. No, he's not a d-bag dictator, but he didnt have the personality or the characteristics to lead a family in this way. I could see how when given the option of a d-bag dictator, or a Kody, a young plyg woman would find Kody a better option, but with all the kids, the allure of the show, his emotional attention being sucked up by Robyn- dropped the ball, which is his own fault. HE signed up for this, and he isn't doing his job. Thats why Christine left him, he will never admit it. The kids may love their father, but the older kids have seen his true colors for a while and dont expect much from him. Truley probably isn't that attached. Parents get blind loyalty and devotion from their adult children because they PUT IN THE WORK when the kids were growing up, AND respect their boundaries/autonomy as adults (even when they disagree). Kody hasn't done either.

Random, this kind of reminded me of Miguel from This is Us (for those that watched)- he was unhappy with his relationship with his adult children, and he assumed that because he was a good financial provider for them (which he was) the love and emotional relationship in adulthood would just "happen". Sometimes that does if personalities mesh that, but often it doesnt, especially if the child bonds emotionally more with another living parent.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2

Ysabel was upset about not saying goodbye to Sol or Ari so she must have spent sometime with them during Covid. 

42 minutes ago, MamaGee said:

Kody was grown up and out of the house before his parents started practicing polygamy. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Anyone else notice how Robyn was trying hard to keep her mouth shut so Meri would be the one to say out loud what they both were thinking?

Robyn is better at Meri's game than Meri is. Robyn knows to throw in a supportive thought or two for Christine in public, when Meri can't even get out of her own way.

Ok Sorry, I missed it but what were they both thinking? Neither one was saying much in that scene, so I am unsure what they wre thinking.