Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E08: Hang on with Me

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

On 10/30/2022 at 11:32 PM, Art Of Noiz said:

Kody claiming he was so busy " I have 18 kids to take care of".

No you sorry sack of sh*t, you have 3 minor children, one of which is leaving in a few weeks. 

Hey Kodwad, stop spewing old lines from the script of your life. If they were taken care of, 13 of them? They mommas did it 

They mommas with a huge assist from Christine, who provided free childcare for most of them.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Remember when they used to hold hands and pray?  Kody talked about reading the Bible and praying for guidance.  Those days seem far away.  

You're right.  Religion seems to have pretty much disappeared from their lives, from what we're seeing.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Meri is an asshole for pretending she a part of this family at all. She goes weeks and weeks without seeing any of them. She has a whole set of other friends she hangs with and vacations with. She is at the B&B in Utah, too. She has her stupid "business" cruises she goes on. She's full of crap, she's barely a part of the family as is and Robyn seems to be ok with it. They both need to stop this poor us Christine is ruining the family spiel. 

All this is true, and infuriating.  What really chaps my ass, though (and this is an indication of how petty I am), is with all the griping Kotex is doing about where he's going to put his shit, Merry is sitting there with a god-knows-how-many-bedroom house and never is to be disturbed by having her tights supplies moved to the same room so the family won't have to listen to Kotex whine.

And if the criteria for spending the night at a wife's house *don't* include having sex with her (he was pissed off at being kicked out of Christine's bed, where we know there was no grousing in the goodie) why can't he sleep (and keep his hair products) at Merry's house, too?

For christ's sake, he's got three remaining wives, two with enormous mansions, and one of those mansions is nothing but a tights warehouse.  Shouldn't the Patriarch put his little workboot down and insist he get to use some of that space?

But no!  Merry needs air!  To breathe!  To go on the computer without witnesses and try to hook up!

I like Christine and Janelle, but the rest of them--bah.  And I include their children.  I'm sure they're just fine, and the real victims here, blah blah blah, but they all look alike to me, those little blond children of the corn.

• Like 1
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 7
  • Love 5

All this is true, and infuriating.  What really chaps my ass, though (and this is an indication of how petty I am), is with all the griping Kotex is doing about where he's going to put his shit, Merry is sitting there with a god-knows-how-many-bedroom house and never is to be disturbed by having her tights supplies moved to the same room so the family won't have to listen to Kotex whine.

I think Meri would happily take in some of Kody's belongings and try to rebuild the connection between them. I think Kody is disgusted by Meri and wants nothing to do with her. And as awful as Meri can be, Kody is far worse. I think Meri is just desperate to salvage the relationship and praying for a miracle. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Granny58 said:

Just had a thought.  Janelle left but came back, and Kody was okay with it.  But he won't extend the same grace toward Meri or Christine.  Hmmm.   Why?

Because Janelle bought the Lehi house when she came back.  

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Kellyee said:

I think Meri would happily take in some of Kody's belongings and try to rebuild the connection between them. I think Kody is disgusted by Meri and wants nothing to do with her. And as awful as Meri can be, Kody is far worse. I think Meri is just desperate to salvage the relationship and praying for a miracle. 

I think if Kody dropped some of his stuff off at Meri's, Meri would open the boxes when no one was around and inhale deeply, then walk around her mansion wearing his purple bedazzled shirts and using his hair gel just to feel closer to him.  And Kody knows it.

In a last act of defiance before moving to Utah, it would've been cool if Christine gathered up all of Kody's boxes from her garage that he "didn't have time to move" or "had no place to put them" and dropped them off in Meri's driveway, then peeled rubber to the highway to Salt Lake City.  Meri would've loved it so very much and Kody would've been apoplectic knowing he'd have to make nice with Meri to get his crap back.

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Kellyee said:

I think Kody is disgusted by Meri and wants nothing to do with her.

I never thought Meri was an attractive woman, but over the years she's gotten more and more "unfortunate looking" what with her leathery skin and that godawful disheveled hairstyle. 

• Like 3
  • Wink 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

I never thought Meri was an attractive woman, but over the years she's gotten more and more "unfortunate looking" what with her leathery skin and that godawful disheveled hairstyle. 

Maybe, looking at Kotex's hair, she figures she's making herself more attractive to him.  It's clear she's been using his hair products.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 8
6 hours ago, Granny58 said:

Just had a thought.  Janelle left but came back, and Kody was okay with it.  But he won't extend the same grace toward Meri or Christine.  Hmmm.   Why?

Janelle may have been gone from the rest of the family, but she most certainly wasn't gone from Kody.  She returned to their homestead when she was pregnant with Savannah.  Hence the four- or five-years age difference between Gabe and Savannah.   

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 10/31/2022 at 1:17 PM, toodywoody said:

So this asshole can never take any responsibility for anything? It's all the wives faults.

His kids hate him, that's their mother's fault. He doesn't know his kids, that's the mothers fault too. Christine wanted love, but he never loved her. Then he's so fucking hateful when one of his wives dares to leave him. The common denominater is him and he's too busy curling his hair to see that he's the hateful one. He has these fucking shark eyes now and thought he could bully Christine into whatever he wanted. Whatever would benefit him and Robyn. Since the family pot of money is just for them. 

I hope Janelle has been hiding money from this mf and has her own fund out there.  Especially after this fucking episode. Meri needs to just leave and never look back. Jenelle needs to do the same and watch those two burn through their money without the other 3. 

She does have a 5th wheel she can sell...

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
4 hours ago, Kellyee said:

Jeez, you'd think he saw her eat nachos!  Loved Robyn's little bit about if Meri wants to leave...She is opening the door and has one foot on Meri's ass.  Christine is playing Kody like a fiddle.  It is beautiful.

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 8
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, 65mickey said:

I hope that TLC pays these people separately and not in one check made out to Kody Brown. Because Christine is still part of the show she should get paid. She has pretty much carried the show last season and this season.

Meri and Janelle are hanging in for two reasons the paycheck and the boost that it gives to their MLM businesses. I don't balme them. They have received the short end of the stick for years so why quit now?   

I think TLC pays an LLC named something like Kody Brown Family Entertainment.  I used to know the name.  That's how it was initially set up.  Hopefully Christine was smart and went to TLC for 1/5 of the payment in her name only.   I'm not sure how they are handling it when the adult offspring appear in episodes. 

There is really no incentive for Janelle and Meri to quit the show.  Didn't Christine say she was leaving Kody, but not the show.  Maybe Meri realizes without being "in the family" she brings nothing or very little to the show and could easily be cut out.  

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 10/31/2022 at 1:10 PM, NotinKansasanymore said:

I always wonder why Janelle seems to get a pass from Kody about not treating the family (Robyn) better. Janelle has zero relationship with Robyn, and yet Kody always seemed to take his anger out on Christine's relationship with Robyn as far back as Las Vegas. 

Admittedly, I haven't been watching this show and only came in here for updates for years now.  Maybe an episode here and there and I've only started watching again this season. Can you tell me when Kody has taken his anger with Christine out on Robyn?  I've only heard Robyn tell us about it. I am no fan of Robyn (or Kody), but if this is true, I think it would make a difference in how I perceive things.

Edited by HoneyBeach
Added a comment.
  • Useful 1
  Hide contents

Kody now: Christine wanted to be loved without loving in return.

This is the thing that disgusted me the most from the whole disgusting episode.  His definition of "loving" is staying no matter how badly she's treated, and no matter how little she receives in return.  If I were her, this one sentence alone would make me tempted to not only keep the proceeds of my house sale, but also keep my share in Coyote Pass, effectively putting the ball in Kody's court to go along with it or take legal action.  He is such an MF'er.

Hide contents

She’ll say later that she “wouldn’t blame” Meri for dipping out…but she wants Meri to stay and watch Robyn has what Meri used to have.

I know there is the belief that Robyn wants there to be a whole family for her own selfish/twisted purposes, but a part of me feels like the entire conversation was a set up on Robyn's part to seem sympathetic and desirous of the family staying together, but really was so she could plant the seed in Meri's head that she'd have Robyn's support if she decided to leave.  I think in spite of her supposed protestations, she does want Kody all to herself, or at least wants all Kody's attention directed to her.

Hide contents

Meri retcons the catfish saga, as if we didn’t see her telling the fambly she might just disappear, though she does acknowledge she wasn’t getting what she needed from Kody at the time.

IIRC, she even retconned a timeline where she asked Kody to not come around as often AFTER the cat-fishing thing had ended and she was supposedly having a hard time dilling with it, rather than what it really was, which was DURING the cat-fishing so that she could leave her love messages and have her banana sessions in privacy.

On 10/31/2022 at 12:32 PM, salvame said:

Before Sobyn entered the picture, I was under the impression that Christine was the favorite wife, as she was young and vivacious, and did most of the child care. Meri acted the role of matriarch, and Janelle had always been the businesswoman, who was content with having her children and autonomy. 

Feel free for any long-timers to correct me, but I don't think Christine was EVER the favorite wife.  We may think she was young and vivacious back then, but Kody was never attracted to her, and was sometimes disgusted by her.

On 10/30/2022 at 11:40 PM, Elizzikra said:

Granted, Meri chooses to stay with a husband who has said repeatedly that he doesn't care if she stays or goes; she didn't really explain why she does it but only said that she ends up at peace with her decision to stay. 

I kept listening to her long, rambling explanation, waiting for the part where she would explain WHY she stays, but she never did.

On 10/31/2022 at 12:32 AM, toodywoody said:

Before she came into the picture, the Browns had some kind of system and after she joined the family, it was every wife for herself, except Jenelle snd Christine always seemed to me like the true married couple. 

Kody even said something to that effect, that before Robyn they were making it work regardless of how the wives actually felt.  I was sooo hoping he would go to the next logical step, which is, then what changed after Robyn came.  But he didn't go there.

12 hours ago, Awfarmington said:

I just had a related thought- Christine made it a point to say that she had made every mortgage payment with her own money. Am I reading into that or did she make the point because family money had possibly been going to pay for Robyn’s mortgage? And/or her rental before that? 

No, I think her point was just that even if family money paid for the down payment, she herself had made all the subsequent mortgage payments.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, HoneyBeach said:

Admittedly, I haven't been watching this show and only came in here for updates for years now.  Maybe an episode here and there and I've only started watching again this season. Can you tell me when Kody has taken his anger with Christine out on Robyn?  I've only heard Robyn tell us about it. I am no fan of Robyn (or Kody), but if this is true, I think it would make a difference in how I perceive things.

I don't think he is taking his anger out on Robyn, he's probably angry and frustrated by the situation and is probably just venting to Robyn.  He's upset because Christine refused to remain in a loveless, lonely situation like Meri did.  He's probably more made at himself and waited to long to do anything about it.

2 hours ago, HoneyBeach said:

I don't think he is taking his anger out on Robyn, he's probably angry and frustrated by the situation and is probably just venting to Robyn.  He's upset because Christine refused to remain in a loveless, lonely situation like Meri did.  He's probably more made at himself and waited to long to do anything about it.

• Like 4
28 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Oh I heartily disagree! I think Kotex is mightily angry - at himself for not making sure none of the wives could decide to leave and do so with family money in hand. I'm sure he's sulking and bitchy around the house and Robyn can't handle that because she's always been the simpering, smiling, understanding, following his stupid rules wife, and now she has to deal with his moods 24/7. She wanted the man, not the family, and now that she's got him she's realizing he isn't the prize stud she thought he was. Too bad, so sad, not. Two delusional assholes who deserve to make each other miserable both in this lifetime and for all eternity on their stupid planet.

ETA: I only hope that Janelle, with her accounting background, has been able to put away money in case she also wants an escape plan.

Edited by gingerella
  • Like 16
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3

I think in the beginning Kody saw Meri as his comfortable wife and confidant, Janelle as his buddy and business partner and Christine as a breath of fresh air and as a bratty child. I'm guessing Christine got both the best of Kody and the worst. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 1

Everyone gets nostalgic for their courting days but Robyn is downright terrified that this is her life now: Kody going on rant after rant about Christine and all his ungrateful kids. How he's been marginalized and disrespected. Gone are the days where Kody would swoop Robyn up in his arms and rush her upstairs when she wasn't feeling well. I think their dynamic is totally different now and I don't think she was kidding when he said he didn't trust any of his wives. Kody lives with Robyn so he's undoubtedly on her ass the most. 

Robyn, you earned this. All of it. Happy wife, happy life, you idiot.

• Like 3
  • Applause 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, HoneyBeach said:

The comment you quoted was a discussion about how Kody punished Christine because he decided Christine wasn’t nice  enough to Robyn.    He’s done  that repeatedly.  He’s only recently started taking his anger about Christine leaving out on other family members, including Robyn. According to Robyn. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
37 minutes ago, Lambie said:

Everyone gets nostalgic for their courting days but Robyn is downright terrified that this is her life now: Kody going on rant after rant about Christine and all his ungrateful kids. How he's been marginalized and disrespected. Gone are the days where Kody would swoop Robyn up in his arms and rush her upstairs when she wasn't feeling well. I think their dynamic is totally different now and I don't think she was kidding when he said he didn't trust any of his wives. Kody lives with Robyn so he's undoubtedly on her ass the most. 

Your lips to God's ears....

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

I’m not sure how good of an actor Robyn is, but she seems pretty authentic when talking about how Kody is lately. (When they filmed.) There doesn’t seem to be any joy and Robyn looks as if she may be sitting on a thrombosed hemorrhoid.  (If you’ve never had one…..let’s just say it’s painful in a way that’s difficult to explain 😩 ).

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 3
  • LOL 4
3 hours ago, Lambie said:

I think this is likely true. With three other wives around, Robyn got the best of Kody and little of the worst. Now there's no one to share the burden.

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

The comment you quoted was a discussion about how Kody punished Christine because he decided Christine wasn’t nice  enough to Robyn.    He’s done  that repeatedly.  He’s only recently started taking his anger about Christine leaving out on other family members, including Robyn. According to Robyn. 

I agree with this completely. My point was that I haven't seen Kody taking his anger at Christine out on Robyn, but Robyn has told us he has. I don't believe her because I think she controls Kody just fine. I think if he started acting up with her, she could put him in his place either sweetly, sexily, or icily. But I wanted to know if there were instances of him taking his anger out on Robyn that I had not seen.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
21 minutes ago, HoneyBeach said:

I agree with this completely. My point was that I haven't seen Kody taking his anger at Christine out on Robyn, but Robyn has told us he has. I don't believe her because I think she controls Kody just fine. I think if he started acting up with her, she could put him in his place either sweetly, sexily, or icily. But I wanted to know if there were instances of him taking his anger out on Robyn that I had not seen.

I quit watching for a few seasons right before the move to Flagstaff.  I came back this season for the fireworks. I do not think we have seen Kody and Robyn filmed together this season much.   So I have not seen a single  instance of Kody treating Robyn badly.  All we’ve been shown is Robyn in talking heads saying Kody is angry all the time.  I think she is exaggerating. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
53 minutes ago, HoneyBeach said:

A podcast I listen to pointed out that we haven't seen any filming from the inside of Robyn and Kody's mansion in quite some time.  They theorize that it's because Ari is always bouncing off the walls, but I suspect it's because Robyn can't control her narrative if there are cameras inside her house where her kids all live, because one of them might speak the truth and ruin Robyn's story about Kody being an angry grump all the time.  To me, Robyn whining that Kody is always angry even when he's around her is Robyn deflecting just like she did when she postulated that Kody likes "curvy girls."  She is constantly trying to bait the other wives into sticking around by playing that she's not the clear and chosen favorite wife and that they still all have a chance to be a fam'bly....but we don't really get to see the proof anymore, because apparently Casa Dark Queen has been closed off to cameras.

What dark secret hide within the walls of that mansion?  I want to know.

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, HoneyBeach said:

It seems they had a real time when Robyn wanted to rent and Kody wanted to buy……they became exasperated with each other.  Also, last season. I can’t recall the details.  She seemed to be very aggravated with him.   

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

It seems they had a real time when Robyn wanted to rent and Kody wanted to buy……they became exasperated with each other.  Also, last season. I can’t recall the details.  She seemed to be very aggravated with him.   

I got the impression that Robyn's "need to rent" was bullshit. She wanted the mansion more than she wanted Kody. Once again, Robyn was just playing a game so her sister wives would think she was playing fair. I'm not sure if her and Kody really had disagreements about rentals.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, altopower said:

It's hard to listen to anything Robyn says in the talking heads. I can't stop looking at her eyebrows, neck, and that awful purple blouse. 

It is an interesting choice of brow.  I was assuming they are in an early phase. You start out strong, then the effects soften over time, right?  That’s my understanding of how micro blading works.  It is microblading, right?  

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

It is an interesting choice of brow.  I was assuming they are in an early phase. You start out strong, then the effects soften over time, right?  That’s my understanding of how micro blading works.  It is microblading, right?  

That aint microblading on Robyn, thems just really bad brows. I think Christine has had bad microblading because in her talking heads close up, her brows look horrid, but then on the couch, not as bad. Perhaps they've faded. You have to get a really talented artist for microblading, not just Susan down at the local salon.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
5 hours ago, laurakaye said:

A podcast I listen to pointed out that we haven't seen any filming from the inside of Robyn and Kody's mansion in quite some time.  They theorize that it's because Ari is always bouncing off the walls, but I suspect it's because Robyn can't control her narrative if there are cameras inside her house where her kids all live, because one of them might speak the truth and ruin Robyn's story about Kody being an angry grump all the time.

Although I don't doubt (after watching Kody's beady-eyed rants on the show) that he is unpleasant to be around, I would guess that Robyn prefers the camera crew to only shoot her with the other wives or in talking heads because she needs to continue to uphold her absurd Covid protoculls to keep everyone away from them. Or, maybe that she has hoarded her house to the brim with Precious Moments figurines and Medieval Times furniture, and the crew no longer fits inside.

• Like 3
  • LOL 10
1 hour ago, KateHearts said:

Although I don't doubt (after watching Kody's beady-eyed rants on the show) that he is unpleasant to be around, I would guess that Robyn prefers the camera crew to only shoot her with the other wives or in talking heads because she needs to continue to uphold her absurd Covid protoculls to keep everyone away from them. Or, maybe that she has hoarded her house to the brim with Precious Moments figurines and Medieval Times furniture, and the crew no longer fits inside.

If I had to guess, the crew might be just fine staying out of her house.  I would bet she is very difficult to deal with.  THIS is the woman that had a lock and note on her fridge telling kids not to help themselves.  Might I mention that time appears to have sucked any sense of youthfulness out of her countenance.  I have never seen someone age so rapidly and awfully in a mere 12 years tops.  

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7

Robyn looks to me like she's using a brow kit.  She uses one of the brow shape cut out things and a color "dawber."  It's the same result I get using the kit and she gets hers lopsided just like I do.  I don't use the sperm brow shapes though.

Needless to say it was my one kit purchase and it went in the trash.  I didn't leave the house after trying it.

Edited by Absolom
  • Like 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1
On 11/2/2022 at 2:43 PM, LuvMyShows said:

I kept listening to her long, rambling explanation, waiting for the part where she would explain WHY she stays, but she never did.

This seems to be an issue with the adults in the entire family.  I have never heard 5 people talk so much without saying anything!!

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Absolom said:

Robyn looks to me like she's using a brow kit.  She uses one of the brow shape cut out things and a color "dawber."  It's the same result I get using the kit and she gets hers lopsided just like I do.  I don't use the sperm brow shapes though.

Needless to say it was my one kit purchase and it went in the trash.  I didn't leave the house after trying it.

A stencil!

• Thanks 1
14 hours ago, Absolom said:

Brows are much easier to do without a stencil, once one has practiced. It’s hard to believe any company would make stencils in the shape of quotation marks, but I stand corrected.

Kinda like LuLaRoe — they apparently want women to look ridiculous. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Meri is a mess. She is trying as hard as she can to believe that she is stronger and better than Christine because she stays.

At one time, she was top dog. That wasn't enough for her. She wanted to hurt Janelle and Christine by bringing Robyn in. She accomplished her goal.

The only thing she didn't figure on was that bringing Robyn in would hurt her too.

Who was the first that Robyn took down, Meri. I must admit, I enjoyed when Meri and Kody got divorced and he legally married Robyn. Meri had it coming. She wanted to blow up the family to hurt Janelle and Christine, oh well she blew it up in her own face.

So now as a result of her own actions, she is totally alone. She has one spoiled child that doesn't care how much she suffers. Christine and Janelle and their children couldn't care less if she's alive. Kody can't stand her. The only person that she has left is Robyn, that tricked her into ruining her own life and wants her to stay and continue to do so. And then, she has Robyn's kids, who are in her life totally at Robyn's whim.

Meri's story is the most pathetic of everyone's in the entire family. What's brutal for her is that she did it entirely to herself.

I can't stand Robyn. I think she's toxic, but Meri is the one who brought her in. She deserves where she is today.

Edited by Libby
  • Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • Love 3
On 11/1/2022 at 9:45 AM, Granny58 said:

Janelle never “left” though. She couldn’t stand living with Meri, but she was very much in the marriage/family. Christine was still watching her kids while she worked and she was in Kody’s “rotation”. Janelle was against living with Meri at the time, not being with Kody. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, Libby said:

Meri is a mess. She is trying as hard as she can to believe that she is stronger and better than Christine because she stays.

At one time, she was top dog. That wasn't enough for her. She wanted to hurt Janelle and Christine by bringing Robyn in. She accomplished her goal.

The only thing she didn't figure on was that bringing Robyn in would hurt her too.

Who was the first that Robyn took down, Meri. I must admit, I enjoyed when Meri and Kody got divorced and he legally married Robyn. Meri had it coming. She wanted to blow up the family to hurt Janelle and Christine, oh well she blew it up in her own face.

So now as a result of her own actions, she is totally alone. She has one spoiled child that doesn't care how much she suffers. Christine and Janelle and their children couldn't care less if she's alive. Kody can't stand her. The only person that she has left is Robyn, that tricked her into ruining her own life and wants her to stay and continue to do so. And then, she has Robyn's kids, who are in her life totally at Robyn's whim.

Meri's story is the most pathetic of everyone's in the entire family. What's brutal for her is that she did it entirely to herself.

ALL OF THIS x1,000. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

It’s hard to believe any company would make stencils in the shape of quotation marks, but I stand corrected.

I looked around at various websites and the shape of Robyn's eyebrows is NOT a stencil shape anywhere! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
13 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Janelle never “left” though. She couldn’t stand living with Meri, but she was very much in the marriage/family. Christine was still watching her kids while she worked and she was in Kody’s “rotation”. Janelle was against living with Meri at the time, not being with Kody. 

Janelle did leave, before the show — it’s in the book. Kody managed to lure her back in. She apparently did fine on her own.

Id love to see this happen again — she doesn’t need those jerks. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Janelle did leave, before the show — it’s in the book. Kody managed to lure her back in. She apparently did fine on her own.

Id love to see this happen again — she doesn’t need those jerks. 

Taking my response to the Janelle thread.

9 hours ago, Texasmom1970 said:

Love seeing Kody trying to continue to make himself a victim in everything. Nobody is buying his bullshit but it is fun to watch him squirm. 

You can tell with his talking heads and the clips they choose to show, that the editing monkeys hate him too. Because at the end of the day, you can't make someone look bad with clips if things they said or did if you don't already have that on tape. Everything we see is Angry Kotex or him trying to get the little mouse that runs the wheel in his brain to move faster so he can process shit and craft outcomes to suit him and Sobyn. Exhibit A was when Christine examined carefully and slowwlyyy why it was easier for her to keep all the proceeds from selling her house and give up her portion of Mole Hill ir whatever that dirt pile is called. Kody was trying real hard to process whether or not that was in HIS and ROBYN'S best interest, but Christine laid it out Kindeegarten style so he couldn't have any reason to throw a toddler tantrum. And it worked, she got what she needed and wanted. BUT when I wish we'd seen is the convo with KDouche telling Soybn about that because I'll bet she wasn't pleased about that at all!

• Like 2
  • Love 6
On 10/30/2022 at 11:42 PM, Tuxcat said:

It's hard to know what is true or not given TLC's edit and bc this family has essentially been lying - for the entire series. But I understand Meri's emotions...

Meri's angry because she feels trapped. And she's jealous because she sees that Christine can escape. Meri isn't angry about losing romance with Kody. That ship sailed a long time ago. He punished her for thinking about leaving years ago.  Meri's hurt because she's invested decades into the family and has no return on the investment. If she leaves the box she put herself in, she's alone.

Christine on the other hand doesn't need to stay in the box. She's getting a return on her investment. She has a mom who left the faith, children, children's spouses, grand babies and a whole support network waiting to rescue her in Utah. She's able to escape because she doesn't need the family in flagstaff. She has her own.

True, Meri had issues and ruined relationships on her own -  as did alot of them -  but when you reach 50, you look back and you say - WTF was all that for?  And how could I have spent all this time, doing this thing, and STILL end up having no one to claim me as their own? and still end up with no family to claim me as theirs? And that is why she's expressing disillusionment here. 

But I don't think she's angry at Christine. She even said it's Kody. Kody gave up on her. Kody gave up on Christine. Kody gave up on whatever their original "for life" arrangement was. I said this on another post under "Janelle." But they bought into this idea of some romantic fairly tale family - which doesn't exist in plural marriage - and now both wives feel failed. Luckily Christine can escape and maybe live happily ever after.

It’s unreal to me that Kody is “devastated” that Christine is leaving. He didn’t even know she was alive once Robin came into the picture. In fact, he doesn’t even know he has 2 other wives besides Christi e. I am dumbfounded that both Janelle and Meri think so little of themselves that they are ok with the tiny little specks of time that asshat  gives them. Even Janelle’s kids are smart enough to pretty much cut ties with him. Meri does have support outside the “marriage” - she has a daughter who I believe lives in Chicago(?), and she could move there to be near her and her girlfriend/fiancé/wife, whatever she is to her. That Christine had the balls to tell all of them to fuck off gives me real hope that this whole thing will implode and Robin will be stuck in monogamy hell with that chicken-headed asswipe. Please Lord, answer my prayer 🙏🏻 

On 10/30/2022 at 11:50 PM, Elizzikra said:

I think that she is still angry about that. In the RV episode, she was still making comments about offering Kody a dedicated room at the Inn permanently in exchange for "services" that he probably didn't want to provide. I think that she is actually still both in love with and attracted to him and I think she is still hurt and angry that he is so indifferent to her.

God, the thought of any kind of intimate interaction with him makes the skin crawl 🤢🤢

On 11/4/2022 at 7:06 PM, magemaud said:

I looked around at various websites and the shape of Robyn's eyebrows is NOT a stencil shape anywhere! 

That is an absolutely perfect description of those brows! I look at them every week and think “the producers of this show hate her as much as we do to let her go on camera like that”

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1